- 1Bandage for pregnant women
2Correct bandage for pregnant women. How to wear a bandage for pregnant women?
- 2.1What does the bandage look like for pregnant women?
- 2.2Why do I need a bandage for pregnant women?
- 2.3How to choose a bandage for pregnant women in size?
- 2.4Size of bandage for pregnant women, table
- 2.5How to choose a bandage for pregnant women?
- 2.6Kinds of bandages for pregnant women
- 2.7When should I start wearing a bandage for pregnant women?
- 2.8: How to wear a bandage for pregnant women
- 2.9: Choosing the right Bandage for pregnant women, childbirth. Tips, recommendations, reviews
3Bandage (belt) for pregnant women
- 3.1Indications for use
- 3.2Contraindications to use
- 3.3Kinds of bandages
- 3.5Elastic belt
- 3.7Combined (universal)
4Prenatal bandage for pregnant women. How to choose the right size and wear it?
- 4.1What is a bandage for pregnant women?
- 4.2Indications for wearing
- 4.3When to start wearing a bandage for pregnant women?
- 4.4How to choose a bandage for pregnant women?
- 4.5Size of bandage for pregnant women, table
- 4.6How to wear a bandage for pregnant women?
- 4.7Kinds of bandages for pregnant women
- 4.8How correctly to put on a bandage?
- 4.9Contraindications to wearing a bandage
- 4.10: How to wear a bandage for pregnant women
5How to dress a bandage for pregnant women. Why you need a bandage for pregnant women. How to wear a bandage for pregnant women
- 5.1Why you need a bandage during pregnancy
- 5.2Pros of wearing a bandage during pregnancy
- 5.3Bandage: medical indications
- 5.4Bandage: contraindications
- 5.5Kinds of bandages
- 5.6Should I wear a bandage during pregnancy?
- 5.7When to start wearing a bandage during pregnancy
- 5.8From what weeks of pregnancy to wear a bandage
Bandage for pregnant women
Despite the fact that pregnancy is a natural condition for the female body, not all of this process runs smoothly.
The child develops, and with it the load on the spine increases, often there is a feeling of soreness in the back and heaviness in the legs.
In order for pregnancy to flow comfortably, and also in order to reduce the likelihood of complications, a doctor can prescribe you wearing a bandage.
Bandage (in translation from the French bandage-bandaging) -an elastic orthopedic device to support the woman's abdomen in the second half of pregnancy.
By appointment, bandages are prenatal, postnatal and universal.
This device, if properly selected, will evenly distribute the load on the internal organs and lower back, and also relieve the pain of osteochondrosis and curvature of the spine.
Significant relief wearing the product will bring a woman with pain and heaviness in the legs due to varicose veins. If your skin is prone to stretch marks, the bandage will help you avoid them or reduce the risk of appearing to a minimum.
Situations when the doctor can assign you a bandage.
- At the end of pregnancy (in the third trimester);
- If you do not have the first pregnancy and weak pelvic muscles;
- With a low location of the placenta and the threat of miscarriage;
- In the case of caesarean section in the past;
- With multiple births or large fetuses;
- Problems with the spine, narrow pelvis, varicose veins;
- Symphyopathy (pain in the bosom);
- If you are active, you move a lot even in the last months;
Since the time when the child begins to grow strongly(from about the 20th week).
However, this is all individual: for example, if you previously had a cesarean section, then you are shown wearing a special device much earlier(somewhere from the 16th week).
If nothing bothers you, you can buy and wear it later-weeks from the 28th.
The main and most important contraindication is the incorrect position of the fetus in the womb.
In this case, the bandage can prevent the baby from turning over, because one of its properties - fixing.
Contraindications also include the presence of skin infections and increased sensitivity to the material of the product.
They produce models of different designs:
- Bandage panties.This product in the form of women's underwear with compression in the right places and a high elastic insert for the abdomen is convenient to use, does not cause a feeling of discomfort and it is easy to hide under the clothes. But there are also disadvantages - it is worn without linen, which means it is often erased, which leads to loss of elasticity and appearance. So if you chose this option, you will have to buy at least two units. In addition, such a product can be removed only at home, and this is inconvenient. Panties-bandage can not be worn with swelling, and if you have a large stomach, they will not provide enough support.
- Universal bandage for pregnant women.This is a wide ribbon, narrowed to the ends. During pregnancy, the belt is worn wide back to support and unload the spine. For this purpose, additional ribs are sometimes inserted in the wide part of the belt, which can be removed if necessary. The narrow part is fastened under the belly, securely supporting it. The Velcro fastener will allow you to adjust the required volume of the product.
There is an opinion that wearing a bandage after childbirth is useful for losing weight and restoring the form. It will help to quickly restore the tone of muscles and skin, relieve stretch marks.
From this point of view, the universal bandage is good for its practicality: just turn it the other way around so that the narrow part is located on the back, and the wide one - on the stomach.
Bandage belt.This is a wide strip with high elasticity and velcro fastener. Unlike the bandage panties worn on underwear, very comfortable in the hot season.
Wide popularity and many positive responses were acquired by the belt model with a "hood" - a wide insert of elastic fabric with zoned compression. This version of the product provides gentle support and protection of the tummy, "grows" and changes with it, evenly distributing the load.
The desired size is selected along the circumference of the thighs, measured under the stomach according to the scale on the package. Make measurements right before you buy. Correctly selected model should not constrain movements, cause feeling of discomfort, curl or rub the skin.
It should be worn in the prone position on a rigid or semi-rigid surface, slightly lifting the pelvis, securing the clasp on exhalation..
This will help fix the abdomen in the correct position, preventing the uterus from descending and not squeezing it..
It is important to ensure that blood circulation in soft tissues is not disturbed - the bandage should support the stomach, and not press on it.
Use a bandage is only necessary when you are on your feet, during the rest it is removed. Wear the product for a maximum of three hours in a row, then take a break for 40 minutes. The total wearing time should not exceed 14 hours per day.
Do not forget that all questions regarding the choice and wearing of a belt-bandage you must definitely solve with your obstetrician-gynecologist.
On how to choose and wear a bandage - in the next video.
A source: http://wlooks.ru/poyas/bandazh-dlya-beremennyh/
Correct bandage for pregnant women. How to wear a bandage for pregnant women?
Kinds of bandages for pregnant women. Instructions for wearing a bandage.
In women who are pregnant with the first child, the question often arises: why, when, and most importantly how to wear a belt for pregnant women? We will answer all of these questions in our article.
What does the bandage look like for pregnant women?
The classic bandage for pregnant women is a special belt with an extension on the back and a narrower part that is put under the belly. Known are also such types as bandage-panties and corset.
Bandage for pregnant women
The main purpose of this device is to help a woman to move the gestation period more easily.
The bandage supports the abdomen, promotes the correct distribution of the load, protects against stretch marks, relieves pain from the waist and spine, and also helps the child to some extent.
Why do I need a bandage for pregnant women?
Bandage significantly facilitates the course of pregnancy. Read the main advantages of using this device:
Bandage for pregnant women facilitates the difficulty of bearing
- The bandage prevents stretching of the skin, the loss of its elasticity and the appearance of ugly red bands, which soon become white and permanently remain on the skin. Stretch marks can be removed only in the cosmetology room, and this requires financial costs. All other ways to overcome them are reduced only to clarification and a slight smoothing of the bands. Therefore, if you want to look good after the birth, be sure to consult a doctor about wearing a bandage
- The bandage reduces the pressure of the fetus on the pelvic organs and spine, as a result of which you will not be disturbed by back pain, lower abdomen, back
- The probability of miscarriage is significantly reduced
- The bandage helps to cope with pain in the legs, edema of the lower limbs and their fatigue. It is especially important to wear a bandage for women who spend several hours on their feet
- The belt regulates the course of pregnancy and fetal bearing. Its use is mandatory, if you expect twins
- It's no secret that the head presentation - the pose, in which the baby before the delivery is head down - is optimal for easy and successful delivery. With pelvic presentation, a cesarean section is prescribed, this situation of the child is fraught with complications. The bandage regulates the correct position of the fetus in the womb, so the specialists recommend that it be worn by all pregnant women without exception
- In untrained women, the abdominal muscles are often not in good shape. Relaxation of the abdominal muscles is also observed with repeated pregnancy. In this case, wearing a bandage is mandatory, it perfectly supports the stomach, when the body's own resources can not cope with it
- Approximately to the 38th week of gestation, the fetus starts to fall, preparing to appear. Together with it, the stomach also falls. Omission can occur before, which is not the norm, and to prevent this, wear a bandage
- The bandage is indicated for varicose veins, with osteochondrosis
Bandages for pregnant women
Indications for the use of the belt for pregnant women:
- low position of the fetus in the womb, as a result of which the stomach also falls
- infringement of a nerve in the lumbar region, which provokes neurologic pain
- operations in the abdomen, which were conducted no later than years ago
- a scar on the uterus that appears after the operation on the gynecological part, including the previous current pregnancy of cesarean section
- underdeveloped cervix
- chance of miscarriage
- intolerable pain in the legs, lower back, back, spine
There are indications in which a bandage for pregnant women is mandatory
How to choose a bandage for pregnant women in size?
There is a table of sizes of banades that you can orient to when choosing. But the only way to find a belt really is by size is to try it on.
You can buy the belt in the pharmacy or special stores for expectant mothers.
Experts advise choosing a device in a pharmacy located at the hospital or in the departments for pregnant women.
Here consultants work, which will help you to decide both the type and material of the device, and its size.
Feel free to try on different belts. After all, the wrong size of the bandage can affect the health of the child. The fabric should not press on the stomach, but only gently cover it and support it. In the case of a tight bandage, you risk serious damage to the developing baby.
Size of bandage for pregnant women, table
In the tables below you can find out the size of the belt that will suit you specifically, for height and weight or for hips. In addition, information is provided on the size of the postnatal bandages.
Table of sizes of bandages for height and weight Table of sizes of bandages for hips
How to choose a bandage for pregnant women?
It is also important to choose the matter from which the belt is made.
Cheap models, which often stop women, so as not to overpay, are made of synthetic fabrics that do not allow the skin to breathe.
This is extremely harmful for both the future mother and baby. Choose a belt only from natural materials.
As for the model itself, it is best to try on each and choose the one in which you are most comfortable. The belt should not pressure either the stomach or any other area. If you experience even the slightest discomfort, immediately discard this option.
Kinds of bandages for pregnant women
Bandages are divided into antenatal, postnatal, and universal - those that are perfect for both periods.
There is also a division of bandages by models.
BeltIt is an elastic tissue band that expands on the back and narrows below the abdomen. Belts have different versions of fasteners. They are worn exclusively on underwear for hygiene purposes
Pantiesare made in the form of ordinary panties, only in front they have a special insert that supports the abdomen. There are certain inconveniences in using this kind of device.
Since the bandage panties are worn without linen, it has to be washed every day, so it is advisable to purchase several such models at once.
If a woman experiences frequent urge to urinate, there are difficulties in wearing such a bandage, since it has to be removed constantly
Combined bandagesuitable for both the pregnancy stage and the postpartum period.
It is made of rubberized fabric, as usual fasteners Velcro.
Such a belt is worn by a narrow part forward in pregnancy and a wide part on the abdomen after childbirth
Corsetstill can be found on sale, but this is an outdated model, which to date is recognized by gynecologists as ineffective. Doctors do not recommend buying this option
When should I start wearing a bandage for pregnant women?
Think about the use of the belt should be when the abdomen is just starting to appear. Usually this is the 4th month of gestation, which equals 20-24 weeks of obstetric pregnancy.
To each device for pregnant women in the kit is an instruction for dressing and wearing a model. Read it carefully. Try putting on a belt you can still in the store when you choose it. Here you will be helped by qualified consultants.
You can also explain all the details of wearing a bandage by your doctor, do not hesitate to ask him questions. And remember: the correctness of wearing a belt depends on the health of your child.
: How to wear a bandage for pregnant women
Bandage can not be worn all day, it must be removed.
This is due to the fact that the device, supporting the stomach, to some extent still restricts the possibility of moving the baby in the womb.
That the kid did not feel constrained, every 2-3 hours the bandage should be removed for at least 30 minutes.
Belts are not recommended in the third trimester.
If the child by this time did not occupy the desired position with the head down, the belt will severely hinder him from doing so..
But if the baby is already in the head presentation, the bandage will only fix this position and will not allow the child to turn over incorrectly..
In the most recent stages of wearing, the bandage is contraindicated. This is due to the lowering of the abdomen on the threshold of childbirth, which the belt will impede.
: Choosing the right Bandage for pregnant women, childbirth. Tips, recommendations, reviews
A source: http://HeaClub.ru/pravilnyj-bandazh-dlya-beremennyh-kak-nadevat-bandazh-dlya-beremennyh
Bandage (belt) for pregnant women
Belt or bandage for pregnant women is used to reduce the load on the spine area, as well as as a preventive measure against stretch marks for a period of 24 to 28 weeks of pregnancy.
Experts have long argued among themselves about the effectiveness of using bandages during the period of bearing a baby.
Some believe that this device does not justify its purpose, and others argue that a belt for a pregnant woman is simply necessary, especially with an active lifestyle and sports.
Nevertheless, numerous observations of the condition of patients in this group indicate a significant reduction in the load on the spine and a general improvement in the patient's condition.
Indications for use
Indications for wearing bandages by women during childbearing are:
- constant aching pain in the legs and back;
- the presence of varicose veins and osteochondrosis;
- multiple pregnancies;
- low fetal position in the 2nd trimester;
- the threat of premature delivery;
- presence of scar tissue on the uterus.
The prenatal belt provides the following functions:
- pressure reduction on the dorsal region;
- preventing the formation of striae (stretch marks);
- fixation of the child's position;
- prevention of early fetal decline;
- ensuring the normal mobility and activity of women;
- prolonged use of the bandage allows you to correctly fix the fetus (head presentation), preventing it from turning over in the last weeks of pregnancy.
Recommendations on how to wear the belt correctly, can give a woman watching a doctor. This will prevent possible complications in the future.
Contraindications to use
Kinds of bandages
Bandages for pregnant women differ from each other in ways of fixation, form and material, but they unite their ability to support the abdomen.
The following types of corsets are most often used:
This bandage is used most often.
It is relatively inexpensive and convenient to use, because it is made in the form of traditional panties with a high elastic insert that fits tightly the stomach and is capable of stretching when it grows.
Panties are subject to daily washing, since they are used without underwear, which leads to a rapid wear of the bandage, loss of appearance and elasticity. In addition, panties are recommended to be worn only at home.
The insert of the elastic material is able to provide good support due to the fact that it stretches as the abdomen grows
If constructively determine the effectiveness of support, it is achieved by increasing the height of panties. This model looks very aesthetic, and some of them are made of thin fabrics and include the addition of lace.
This bandage, as well as panties, is used often enough, but it is put on top of the underwear, fixed by Velcro under the back, and under the belly, which provides its support. The advantages of the elastic belt include its imperceptibility under the clothes and the lack of a warming effect, and the downside is the "incision" into the skin with a large abdomen.
Belt correctly distributes the load on the spine, maximally expanding in the waist, which allows you to adjust it with special Velcro. To determine the size, you need to measure the volume of the stomach at the bottom
This bandage combines 2 types (belt and panties). Its difference is a high elastic band covering the stomach, like a hood. The belt is worn both on underwear and on an open body. In addition, the "hood" does not need to be washed often.
"Hood" additionally protects the stomach and is especially comfortable in the summer period of time
This model is made in the form of an elastic band, fixed by several Velcro. One side of the combined bandage is wide enough, and the other is considerably narrowed.
This form allows you to use the corset both before the onset of labor and in the postpartum period. For example, during pregnancy, the broad side is worn on the back, while the narrow side passes over the lower part of the abdomen.
In the postpartum period, these sides can be changed in order to restore the abdominal muscles much faster.
The universal corset model is the most economical option, which can be used in the postpartum period
A less popular model is a corset, pulled by cords (ropes), which is absolutely inconvenient to use. In addition, it is impossible to put it on your own to a woman and the second person's help is required.
The material used to make the corset has a low elasticity, which prevents the use of the corset for a long time, as the volume of the abdomen increases.
It is important to consider that at present the corset is used extremely rarely, since there are more convenient and modern models.
Corsets are less convenient for pregnant women to use, because they have a weak elasticity.
During the selection of the bandage it is necessary to pay attention to the presence of metal inserts and fixtures, since inelastic elements can cause significant harm to a pregnant woman by squeezing and rubbing stomach. In addition, the presence of hooks, buttons and locks is undesirable in order to avoid trauma to the skin. It is best if the bandage has a velcro (velcro)..
In addition to using bandages during the period of bearing the baby, some of them can be worn in the postpartum period in order to return the muscle tone as quickly as possible. In this case, the belt maximizes the stomach, and not only supports it.
Postnatal bandage can also be divided into belts, panties, corsets in the form of "grace." In addition, there is a special bandage, which is recommended to be worn by a woman in the postpartum period after a cesarean section.
In this case, the product is designed to support joints and quick healing.
Before buying a supporting belt, you need to pay attention to various moments (thickness of the seam, comfort of use, imperceptibility, convenient fasteners, etc.). Each model has its minuses and pluses, but with the correct wearing of the supporting corset, the shortcomings will be minimal.
In order to wear a bandage to give maximum comfort to a pregnant woman, as well as a nursing woman, the following requirements should be taken into account when choosing a bandage:
You can also read: stoochondrosis in pregnant women
- first you need to choose the right size by measuring the volume under your stomach, and then checking it with a size table that is indicated on each package, with a bandage model, since different manufacturers may well be guided by an individual dimension grid. It is important to consider that such products are not subject to return and exchange;
- The model for fixing and supporting the abdomen should be made of breathable elastic materials (microfiber, elastane, cotton);
- It is necessary to use the bandages very carefully, in order not to cause harm to the baby. Before you start using these devices, it is recommended that you consult with a doctor who observes the woman;
- Bandage panties should be worn only when lying down. It is necessary to monitor the position of the hips, slightly lifting them before putting on the bandage. Despite the fact that panties are worn on the body, in the cold, you should wear a bandage, putting on your underwear. It is necessary that the elastic insert reaches the navel to exclude strong squeezing of the abdomen;
- Bandage in the form of a belt is more convenient for wearing. Wear it lying down or standing. Thus it is important to watch, that the belt was below the abdomen, supporting the pubic region, but not squeezing it. Behind the bandage should fix the hips. Then it is tightly fixed in the most convenient position, while the fit should be tight and the belt does not hang.
The lying position provides the maximum muscle relaxation, which is most suitable for fixing the supporting belt
During what period of time it is necessary to start using a bandage for a pregnant woman, the doctor should decide. If a woman feels good, does not experience any problems, it may not be necessary.
When there are medical indications, the bandage should be used constantly, especially for women who spend a long time sitting or standing.
In other cases, you can use the bandage for 3-4 hours throughout the day, although some experts argue that even with prolonged wearing of supporting belts, harm to the child will not be attached.
It must be remembered that in the first few days or weeks wearing a bandage can be accompanied by uncomfortable sensations. In the future, the condition is normalized, and negative manifestations completely disappear.
Many pregnant women are afraid to wear a corset, believing that it can disrupt blood circulation, damaging the intrauterine development of the fetus.
This opinion is deeply mistaken, since with the right size and observance of the conditions for wearing the bandage, the risk of developing side effects is minimal.
In this case, such an adaptation will greatly facilitate the state of the woman and will benefit the child.
A source: http://MoyaSpina.ru/tovar/bandazh-poyas-beremennyh
Prenatal bandage for pregnant women. How to choose the right size and wear it?
Warning: implode (): Invalid arguments passed in/var/www/heaclub/web/heaclub.ru/public_html/img/adverts.phpon line179
Warning: mb_ereg (): empty pattern in/var/www/heaclub/web/heaclub.ru/public_html/img/adverts.phpon line179
From our article you will find out what the bandage for pregnant women is intended for and how to properly dress and wear it. Also we will introduce you to the most popular kinds of bandages for women in an interesting position.
Pregnancy is the most beautiful period in the life of every woman. In these nine months she will be surrounded by the care and love of her loved ones.
Literally from the first days, pleasant troubles will begin. After all while allows the state of health of the future mother to do a lot.
We need to prepare a room for a baby, buy clothes for him, a stroller and a bath..
Some women are so addicted to buying the necessary things that they forget about their health. And they do so, of course, in vain..
After all, since the child begins to develop intensively, the pressure on the spine and internal organs of the pregnant woman is quite strong.
Therefore, starting from the fourth month it is necessary to help your body cope with these loads. Correctly to cope with this task you will help bandage for pregnant women.
What is a bandage for pregnant women?
Panties-bandage for pregnant women
BandageIs a special belt that helps the walls of the abdominal cavity and all internal organs to remain in place.
Another function of this device is the unloading of the spine.
Thanks to the bandage, a woman practically does not feel a burden on her back and can stay on her feet for a longer time.
Especially this device helps women who do not give up work until the very birth. It allows the future mummy, even at a later date, to feel good, move freely and do business.
But, except for medical, the bandage also has cosmetic properties. Its wearing minimizes the likelihood of ugly stretch marks.
In addition, the bandage reduces the recovery period.
Since there is minimal pressure on the abdominal walls, and they practically do not stretch, a few weeks after the birth the woman can boast of an almost perfect tummy.
Indications for wearing
Osteochondrosis requires regular wearing of a banana for pregnant women
Some women think the bandage is a waste of money and try to do without it.
Of course, if pregnancy passes without complications and the woman does not have discomfort in the back area, then it is quite possible to do without this device.
But in addition to the desire of the most pregnant girl, there are also medical indicators, in which the stomach necessarily requires additional support..
Therefore, before you categorically refuse to wear a bandage, be sure to weigh the pros and cons. After all, if you are carrying your first baby, and he has a lot of weight, then you definitely can not do without this special belt..
To wear a bandage is necessary in the following cases:Previous births ended with cesarean section • Multiple pregnancy • 3-6th pregnancy • Weak press • Having problems with the spine • Wrong presentation of the fetus • Threat of miscarriage
• High water
When to start wearing a bandage for pregnant women?
To begin to wear a bandage it is necessary approximately on the fifth month of pregnancy
Although it is considered that the bandage should be worn from the 20th week of pregnancy, only a doctor who takes care of your health can make a final and correct decision. Based on the results of your tests and well-being, a gynecologist may advise wearing a belt for the whole day or for some specific time.
If the pregnancy is normal, then it is recommended to start wearing it from about 24 weeks.
But if the woman's condition is satisfactory or she has a twin or a triplet, the wearing of the bandage is attributed already from 12-14 weeks.
In case you are vigorous and full of strength and a rounded tummy does not prevent you from doing ordinary things, you can postpone the purchase of the belt until 28 weeks.
How to choose a bandage for pregnant women?
Watch for the bandage not to overtighten the tummy
As you probably already understood, the main function of the bandage is to support the tummy and unload the spine. But that was just so it is necessary that the belt sits on the body perfectly.
It is unacceptable that he dangles or squeezes the body very hard.
If you pick up an incorrect model, then there is a chance that it will affect your health and your baby's health.
So do not hesitate and always clarify the parameters of the belt. And in order that you do not have problems during the purchase, you can measure your body in advance in the hips, waist and mid-stomach.
Recommendations for choosing a bandage for pregnant women:• The size of the belt should be slightly larger than your underwear. • Prefer the models manufactured of dense cotton • Be sure to try on the bandage in the store • Never buy a belt for outgrowth
• Make purchases only in specialized places or pharmacies
Size of bandage for pregnant women, table
Try to choose the correct size of the bandage
If you do not have the opportunity to sample in a store or pharmacy, then try to choose the best option based on the data of the special table.
Table of sizes of bandages for pregnant women:
|Girth under the belly||Hip girth||Band Size||European Band Size|
How to wear a bandage for pregnant women?
Remove the bandage every three hours
If you could correctly pick up a bandage, then problems with his sock should not arise.
All you need to do is to properly dress it and periodically give your body a rest.
After you dress the belt, be sure to check whether you have fixed everything correctly. Keep him to evenly squeeze your body.
And if during the movement you felt that in some place it was weak and began to hang out, then try to find a secluded place and fix it in the correct position.
Usually gynecologists do not recommend wearing a bandage for more than three hours in a row.
So if you need to be on your feet all day, do not forget every 3-4 hours to shoot it or want to weaken it.
It is also very important to properly care for the bandage. If possible, then wash it every 2-3 days and be sure to dry it well in the sun. So you will be able to avoid the multiplication of harmful flora and protect yourself and your baby from infection with pathogenic viruses.
Kinds of bandages for pregnant women
Bandage Belt for Pregnant Women
There are three types of bandages for pregnant women.
Some of them are designed specifically to support the ever-increasing tummy, others help correct the posture and unload the spine, while others cope with all the functions at the same time. In order for you to understand what exactly is right for you, suggest together with us to understand the types of supporting belts.
Prenatal. Helps to correctly distribute the weight of the tummy and supports the spine in the right position.
In addition, the regular wearing of this belt helps to minimize the likelihood of stretch marks in the abdomen
Postpartum.Promotes faster recovery of abdominal muscles.
There are models that can be worn immediately after delivery
Universal. Typically, this model has two sides, one of which is almost twice as large as the other.
Most often the smaller side has a width of 25-35 cm. This allows the woman to use it and during the gestation of the babies and during the recovery period
In addition, bandages can also be divided into these types:
• Bandaging panties.From ordinary linen they are distinguished by a special elastic insert. This type of bandage is absolutely not suitable for women who are gaining weight intensively.
In this case it will be rather difficult to find the right size
• Bandage belt.This device is more popular among women than the previous one. This is due to the fact that he has a special multi-level fixation system.
Therefore, you can safely use it during the entire period of bearing the baby.
How correctly to put on a bandage?
A properly dressed bandage will never pinch the body
Before you start to wear a bandage, be sure to read the instructions. Usually it is always sold in one set with a belt. If it turned out that you chose a model without an information sheet, then find a video on this topic on the Internet.
After you have thoroughly studied all the information, you can come directly to the dressing. Usually models in the form of panties dress only in a horizontal position. Most often they are dressed, even in the morning, without getting out of bed. But do not confuse them with ordinary underwear.
They should in no case be substituted for you by ordinary cowards. To comply with all hygiene rules, this bandage should be worn over standard linen. The supporting belt can also be worn horizontally.
In this case, the main thing is to secure the fasteners correctly.
When you finish dressing the bandage, carefully look at yourself in the mirror. If you did everything right, then the belt will be under the belly, and not in the navel.
Correctly dressed bandage should slightly cover the pubic bone and rest on the hips. In the end, try to sit down or bend slightly.
If you feel that the belt is digging into your stomach, slightly re-fasten the fasteners.
Contraindications to wearing a bandage
As such, there are no contraindications prohibiting wearing a bandage to a pregnant woman. Provided that a woman is healthy and pregnancy proceeds easily, she may well do without it.
To wear a belt to the future mummy is forbidden only in the event that there is a probability that it will do much harm to the kid.
In all other cases, women can calmly ease their lives in the period of intensive growth of the abdomen.
The most common contraindications are:• Allergy to the material from which the belt is sewn • Transverse and pelvic fetal presentation
• Jump-like weight gain (you can not wear a trunk bandage)
: How to wear a bandage for pregnant women
A source: http://BabyBen.ru/zdorove/beremennost/dorodovoj-bandazh-dlya-beremennyh-kak-pravilno-ego-vybrat-po-razmeru-i-nosit.html
How to dress a bandage for pregnant women. Why you need a bandage for pregnant women. How to wear a bandage for pregnant women
Pregnancy is an amazing and at the same time a restless period in a woman's life. The more pregnancy becomes and the stomach grows, the harder it is for a pregnant woman to move about and do the usual things. Bandage during pregnancy is a real helper for women who are expecting a baby.
Its main purpose is to support the growing tummy and reduce the load on the lower back. Using a bandage to support the abdomen during pregnancy has the most controversial opinions from expectant mothers. Many doubt whether they need a bandage during pregnancy.
However, there are situations where a woman simply needs to wear a supporting belt in order to ease her condition and exclude possible negative consequences during the carrying out of the crumbs.
On the pros and cons of wearing a bandage from the medical point of view, and how to properly wear it and wear it, read on.
Why you need a bandage during pregnancy
An antenatal girdle or bandage for pregnant women is a special medical belt or panties of elastic material that fixes the anterior abdominal wall of the abdomen.
The purpose of wearing a bandage is to relieve the burden from the spine, because during pregnancy a woman can gain up to 15 kg of weight. Especially useful is a bandage for women carrying twins or just three young ones.
In translation from French, "bandage" means "bandage". For the first time the antenatal girdle was invented in the late 60's. the last century.
Pros of wearing a bandage during pregnancy
- Provides support for a rapidly growing abdomen, without exerting pressure on the fetus.
- Brings the fetus in the correct position in the womb of the mother, prevents its early lowering.
- Unloads the spinal column, reduces pain in the lower back and legs.
- Prevents the appearance of stretch marks on the abdomen.
According to the doctors, the bandage during pregnancy is safe for the baby and is very useful to the future mother, only if it is properly selected and used for its intended purpose.
The antenatal girdle is prescribed to pregnant women in certain cases, to wear it to everyone - not necessarily.
Bandage: medical indications
Obstetricians - gynecologists recommend wearing a bandage during pregnancy with such medical indications:
- a large fetus or multiple pregnancy, in which there is an increased burden on the spine;
- the threat of spontaneous abortion or premature birth (Isthmiko-cervical insufficiency, low location of the placenta);
- with the weakness of the muscles of the abdominal cavity, which can lead to premature ablation of the abdomen.
- The bandage helps to correctly fix the position of the fetus in the uterus;
- if during pregnancy a pregnant woman feels pain, discomfort in the back, lower back;
- pain in the legs, swelling, varicose veins;
- scars on the uterus, if there were surgeries, as well as abdominal surgery for a year or two before conception of the child;
- underdevelopment of the cervix;
- infringement of the nerve in the lumbar region, which is accompanied by pain syndrome;
- The bandage is necessary for active mothers who work during the decree and spend a lot of time on their feet;
- with repeated pregnancy, the bandage is necessary to prevent flabbiness of the abdomen and stretch marks, as the stretching of the abdominal wall occurs faster.
In the absence of these indications, it is not necessary to wear a bandage to pregnant women. Since the muscles of the anterior wall of the abdomen can not be in tonus and cope with the load yourself. After childbirth, it will be more difficult to return to normal. The bandage makes the abdominal muscles "lazy."
In addition, there are contraindications, in which the bandage can not be categorically used:
- With a transverse presentation of the fetus. If, after 24 weeks, the fetus is incorrectly located in the uterus, the prenatal girdle may become a nuisance for that the kid himself turned over and took the correct position in the mother's tummy, the head down. If the fetus is closer to the birth, the correct position in the uterus, the doctor can appoint wearing a bandage to prevent the baby from turning over again.
- When allergic reactions occur on the material from which the prenatal belt or panties is made.
Kinds of bandages
There are three models of antenatal bandages, which are made of cotton, elastane, with the addition of microfibers: bandage panties, belt and corset.
Postnatal bandages are also produced, which are not intended for pregnant women. Their goal - restoring the tone of the abdominal muscles after delivery, caesarean section.
Among antenatal bandages, you can see the following models on sale:
- Universal bandage-belt.It is the most popular and practical model that future mummies choose. It is an elastic band, which consists of a narrow and wide part, each part is adjustable with Velcro. The versatility of the belt is that it can be used both during pregnancy and after the birth of the baby. During pregnancy, the belt is fixed with a wide part on the lower back, distributing the load from the back, and the lower part fixes the lower abdomen. After giving birth, the belt is worn on the contrary: the wide part holds the abdominal muscles, and the narrow part fixes the back. The supporting belt is worn for underwear in summer, pantyhose or trousers in the winter. Some manufacturers produce perforated belts, thanks to the holes in the material, the bandage-belt allows the skin to breathe, it is not so hot in the summer. This type of bandage is ideal for women who are rapidly gaining weight and are predisposed to stretch marks. In addition, the model is very affordable, so it has a low cost.
Bandage panties.Bandage panties - a comfortable and beautiful model. It is a panty with an elastic waistband (with an inflated insert) on the abdomen. On sale, you can find a huge selection of models and colors for supporting panties for pregnant women. The main advantage of bandaging panties is their ease in wearing, good support for the growing tummy due to the stretching of the elastic insert, low cost. However, panties also have disadvantages: Panties need to be washed daily, so it is advisable to buy a few spare models or put it on top of your underwear. There are insulated models especially for the cold season.
Bandage panties do not fit pregnant women, who are quickly gaining weight or expecting twins, this bandage is not is designed for excessive stretching, over time panties will squeeze the stomach and rub the skin, which is extremely it is undesirable.
- Bandage corset.The bandage in the form of a corset on the lacing behind, perfectly keeps the stomach. Without outside help, wearing it is problematic, so the model is not so popular today. The choice of future mothers tends to more universal and convenient models of bandages.
Should I wear a bandage during pregnancy?
The question of whether a pregnant woman needs to wear an antenatal girdle should be decided only with a gynecologist.
Guided by the physical condition of a woman, her daily activities, her mother's health and the doctor decides on the appointment of using a supporting element for the growing stomach.
When to start wearing a bandage during pregnancy
Many pregnant women decide on their own to designate wearing a bandage to relieve pain in the lower back or to remove weight in the legs, which is undesirable. Only the obstetrician-gynecologist, the leading pregnancy, can prescribe this device in the presence of medical indications.
From what weeks of pregnancy to wear a bandage
Basically, the bandage is prescribed to pregnant women for a period of 23 to 30 weeks.
The optimal period for wearing it is the 4th month of pregnancy, the period when the uterus begins to actively grow and increase the abdomen.
Most importantly, listen to the recommendations of doctors and listen to your own feelings.
Since the 39th week, the bandage is worn during long walks or doing homework, when the stomach is gradually lowered, and the baby is getting ready for childbirth.
To correctly and safely fix a bandage for a baby, a woman must adhere to the following rules:
The size of the band should be selected according to the circumference of the waist and hips in the widest areas. The parameters and the size grid must be indicated on the package.
An experienced consultant at a specialized store or pharmacy will always help with the choice, take measurements and find the right size.
After fitting it is advisable to walk around, sit in a bandage, feel how it "sits" on the body, whether it is convenient for you in it..
When buying shroud panties, pay attention to the elasticity and width of the insert, the wider it is, the better to support the growing tummy. Bandage-belt choose a wide, of dense material, so that it does not slip from the stomach with a roller and was comfortable in operation..
In these cases, the bandage should be removed and consulted with a doctor about the need to wear it. Perhaps, the woman incorrectly picked up the model or incorrectly wears a bandage.
Correctly selected and used in the operation of the antenatal girdle should not harm either mother or baby.
A source: http://beremennuyu.ru/kak-odevat-bandazh-dlya-beremennyh-zachem-nuzhen-bandazh-dlya-beremennyh-kak-pravilno-nosit-bandazh-dlya-beremennyh