Features of treatment of bilateral sinusitis
Bilateral sinusitis is one of the most common and serious diseases.Wrong treatment of this disease can lead to the fact that it will flow into a chronic form.This disease can also overtake children. In order to correctly diagnose, correctly appoint a treatment, you need to see a doctor. What are the symptoms accompanied by bilateral sinusitis?
If the sinusitis begins its development immediately in two sinuses, then the disease is quite hard.
- Body temperature rises above 38 degrees.
- The nose is permanently embedded.
- There is an unpleasant smell from the mouth.
- First there are small purulent discharge from the nose, then these discharge become thick and yellow.
Depending on which forms of sinusitis arise, the symptoms also depend.If the inflammation is catarrhal or serous, then all manifestations will not be very disturbing.Usually, breathing is difficult, there is pain in the nose and forehead. From a nose there are plentiful allocation. With the development of purulent bilateral sinusitis, the nose is clogged with mucus, so the bacteria develop very rapidly, pus is formed. During this time period the following symptoms appear:
- chills, fever, fever;
- weakness, loss of strength;
How to cure a runny nose folk remedies quickly, is indicated in the article.
How is the treatment of the common cold with pregnancy folk remedies can be found here: http://prolor.ru/n/lechenie-n/lechim-nasmork-pri-beremennosti-narodnye-sredstva.html
On the video - bilateral sinusitis:
If there was a purulent process, the patient's lack of normal breathing does not bother so much. More serious processes will begin, if this type of sinusitis is not treated. Otitis, meningitis, and a number of other diseases may appear.
A person with a chronic sinusitis will not feel any very strong changes. Disturb will be a stuffy nose and a fairly tight discharge. Also, the sense of smell disappears, and this, in turn, complicates the work of the brain. As a result, a person quickly gets tired.
It is worth noting that preschool children practically do not suffer from such a disease. Sinusitis occurs often after 10 years. If at this age it is not good to cure inflammation, it will lead to negative consequences.
- Acute form- is manifested as a result of the penetration of bacteria or infections into the sinuses of the nose, the ducts of the maxillary sinuses are clogged.
- Chronic form- Usually occurs if the acute form is not treated. But it can also occur if there are still some foci of infection nearby, for example, in the oral cavity.
Depending on what form of inflammation occurs, the following types are distinguished:
- Catarrhal viewIs the easiest kind of bilateral sinusitis. With this form only the upper layers of the mucosa are affected as a result of the viral infection. Edema occurs, but shows little. From the nose there are secretions that have no odor and color.
- Serous or exudative- in this case, the development of a large amount of serous fluid begins, mucus secretions are formed. But as a result of the fact that the outflow of mucus from the nose is disturbed, bacterial infections begin to occur, resulting in ulcers.
- Purulent appearanceIs a complicated form of catarrhal or serous process. In this case, the patient suffers from more complicated symptoms. Slime, which stands out from the nose, becomes viscous, and the smell is unpleasant. It is purulent bilateral sinusitis is more common than others. Pain in the bridge of the nose interferes with sleep, discomfort is felt, the temperature can often be increased. The main thing is that the first symptoms are very similar to a cold. In this regard, people do not go to see an otolaryngologist, which leads to serious consequences. About how to treat purulent maxillary sinusitis without a puncture, is specified in the article.
On video - treatment of bilateral sinusitis in a child:
There is an International Classification of Diseases or abbreviated ICD 10. In this document all pathogens of diseases, classification and cause of death are fixed. Each disease carries a certain code of the ICD.Acute sinusitis has the code J01.0. This species refers to acute respiratory diseases.And here the chronic genyantritis has other code - J32.0.In the article references of Albutsida at a cold in children are indicated.
What folk remedies for the common cold with pregnancy are most often used, is indicated in the article.
How the rhinitis is treated with folk remedies at home is indicated here: http://prolor.ru/n/lechenie-n/narodnye-recepty-ot-nasmorka.html
It is known that sinusitis can be caused by various pathogens. In this connection, use the additional code. B95 is the causative agent of streptococcus or staphylococcus aureus. B96 - other bacteria, B97 - viruses that provoked the appearance of the disease.
On the photo, a two-sided sinusitis:
The most important thing in treatment is to remove the pathogenic microflora.90% of cases are accompanied by the development of the disease against a background of bacterial infection.In order to accurately identify the pathogen, it is necessary to take excreted mucus for research. Drug treatment mainly consists of the use of the following drugs:
- Drops, narrowing vessels. Due to their use, the edema of the mucous membrane decreases, and, therefore, the passages stop clogging, a person can breathe. Such drops can be applied no more than 5 days, since in the subsequent they will cause a habit, and then the nose can not breathe without their help.
- Rinsing of the nose- this procedure is quite important. Due to the solutions used, the mucus leaves better, and the pathogenic microflora is destroyed. Washing can be done both in a polyclinic and at home. At home, you can use saline, decoction of herbs, drugs that are sold in a pharmacy such as Rotokan, Chlorophyllipt. Washings are often done, at least 4 procedures must be done per day.
- Use of anti-inflammatory drugs. The composition of these drugs include antibacterial components. Such drops include Pinosol, Sinuforte. A Sinupret can be used inside.
- Antibiotics. In the treatment of sinusitis without them, it is very difficult to manage. Cephalexin, Macroben is prescribed for various forms of sinusitis. The most important thing is to drink antibiotics courses. It is necessary to finish them up to the end, otherwise you can not achieve complete cure.
- Antihistamines. Such drugs are usually prescribed to children. The puffiness is removed, the respiration is adjusted. You can drink such drugs in case of an allergy.
- Warming up. It is used in the case when pus accumulations have been removed.
It is worth considering that it can be used in the event that when pressing on certain areas on the face there are no strong pain sensations, the body temperature is not increased. How does heating occur with sinusitis with salt, indicated in the article.
If all these types of conservative treatment did not help ease the condition, then use such a procedure as a puncture. The nose region anesthetize and pierce the place between the sinus and the nasal passage - through the bone septum. The entire area of the puncture is rinsed with an antiseptic, removes excess mucus, and injects the medicine into the sinus area.
Folk methods are used as additional measures to the main treatment:
- Inhalation. This will help potatoes. It is necessary to take 1 kg of potatoes, but do not clean it. When the potatoes are cooked, you need to drain the water, and breathe over the steam. It is necessary to take shelter from above with a towel, so that the pairs of potatoes do not go away quickly. The time of the procedure is unlimited: it all depends on the abilities of the person. After the end of the procedure, you need to lie on the bed without a pillow, and throw your head back. Inoculate the onion with a solution of onions. Cook it as follows: squeeze 15 drops of juice from onions and mix them with 15 drops of alcohol, concentration of 96%. In each nasal passage, drip 2 drops. At first this procedure will cause a strong burning sensation, but after 20 seconds everything will pass. It is best to do this procedure at night. By morning all the symptoms will go away.
- Eggs and garlic. It is necessary to weld 1 hard-boiled egg. Now you need to warm up your sinuses. Instead of the egg, you can use salt, heated in a frying pan and wrapped in canvas paper. After warming, rub garlic on the skin above the place where the focus of inflammation. Then you need to rub the mixture of burdock root with birch charcoal. The procedure lasts 30 minutes. Achieve a standing effect can be after 2-3 procedures.
- Oil and Grass. You need 100 g of olive oil, you can take and sunflower, 1 tbsp. l. shredded lemon grass. Mixing these ingredients, put them in a dark place for 3 weeks, without forgetting to periodically mix the compound. Then you need to strain the solution, removing it from the impurities of Ledum. This oil can bury your nose. The first time you need to drip 2-3 drops in each passage, the next - 1 drop 4 times a day. The course lasts one week. Acute antritis, or rather a runny nose, for this period of time will pass, and chronic it is necessary to treat 2 weeks.
- Plant from a tomato. It is necessary to take the tops of dried tomatoes, pour it with water and boil. Use this solution to do inhalation. Covered with a blanket, you need to inhale the right, left nostril, and the mouth alternately. It is necessary to conduct sessions for 10 days. The effect will not keep you waiting. It is better not to conduct this procedure for younger children.
- Balm "star". You need to boil 5 or 6 liters of water, add 1 tbsp. l. soda and a little balsam asterisk. If there is none, then you can buy a liquid for inhalations in the pharmacy. Not superfluous will be added and 2 tbsp. l. vodka or alcohol. These solutions need to breathe for 20 minutes. In the beginning it is better to breathe with your mouth to get used, it will take about 10 minutes.Then you can breathe through your nose, so the nasal passages and nasopharynx warm up.The next stage is washing. It is necessary to prepare the following solution: in 200 ml of boiled water pour 25 drops of pharmacy propolis, ½ h. l. salt and 1 h. l. soda. With this solution you need to wash your nose using a syringe, but without needles, or a special syringe. After these procedures, you need to drip your nose with a solution of oil, which must be prepared 10 days before the procedure. Mix 200 g of olive oil with 1 tbsp. l. dry mint, 20 g propolis. Leave the oil for 10 days, then strain. In each pass you need to drip 1-2 drops. Complete this complex for 10 days.
The video tells you whether to agree to a protocol with bilateral sinusitis:
Features of treatment in children
Children often develop a chronic form of the disease due to the structure of the nose.
In the treatment it is best to use sprays and aerosols, and not drops, because the spray is evenly distributed in the nasal cavity. When using antibiotics, you first need to test for how the child reacts to them.
This will help to avoid side effects and waste time. Of course, this method of treatment, like a puncture, is used only in the most extreme cases. Choosing the traditional methods of treatment, too, pay attention to the composition of funds. Also the child can carry out acupressure and respiratory gymnastics.
Sinusitis bilateral: symptoms and treatment
Various inflammatory processes in the nasal cavities (sinuses) are called sinusitis. Based on the specific symptoms of the course and area of localization, sinusitis is classified into frontalitis, etmoiditis, sinusitis, or sphenoiditis.
Of all the aforementioned diseases, the most severe patients suffer from an acute type of bilateral sinusitis.
To treat this disease is necessary in a timely manner, and most importantly do not engage in self-treatment, since bilateral sinusitis easily passes into a chronic form.
As a rule, such an ailment occurs more often in adults than in children or adolescents. However, in any case, to not miss the time you need to know the symptoms of the disease and have an idea of how to treat it.
Symptoms of upper respiratory tract infectionIn adult patients quite often there is a catarrhal or purulent maxillary sinusitis of a chronic nature, the treatment of which requires certain features.
In the maxillary cavities of the nose there is an accumulation of a purulent secret, which in small doses comes out. The consequence is a badly smelling, yellow or brown discharge of sputum from the nose. This symptom determines the acute bilateral type of sinusitis during its active development.
To treat chronic sinusitis is necessary under the supervision of a doctor. Incorrect treatment can lead to serious consequences, and even to the death of the patient.
The second symptom of the disease is a headache, more precisely the pain in the forehead and under the eyes. Intensive pain syndrome is amenable only to drug treatment.
If the patient is diagnosed with acute purulent maxillary sinusitis, an increase in body temperature should be expected. In this case, you need to immediately contact a doctor.
If the temperature fluctuations last for 2-5 days, antibiotic treatment is mandatory.
The factors of sinusitis
Most often acute sinusitis occurs against a catarrhal disease or ARVI. If the doctor prescribes exclusively vasoconstrictive drops to treat the disease, an accumulation of purulent contents begins in the maxillary sinuses.
Sinusitis, as a rule, occurs in those people who have a weak immune system. Treatment of inflammation is based not only on eliminating the symptoms of the disease. It is important to influence its cause, otherwise the bilateral sinusitis will soon reappear and will have the status of a chronic disease.
The following factors can be attributed to the causes of sinusitis:
- Not treated coryza (acute rhinitis).
- Flu, ARI or ARVI.
- Remote upper posterior tooth.
Most often, inflammation is provoked by a narrowing of the nasal anastomosis (see photo), which serves as an obstacle to the removal of pathogenic mucus from the sinuses. Breeding, microorganisms secrete the products of their vital activity into slime, as a result of which the patient shows signs of general intoxication.
And the pressure on the walls of the maxillary sinuses causes pain in the face in this area.
Diagnosis of sinusitis in adults
In order to be able to properly treat the disease, the doctor must accurately diagnose it.
To detect sinusitis, it is often enough to just take an X-ray photo, but if the doctor for some because it is difficult to diagnose, he can assign additional diagnostic Events:
- Sowing of the nasal mucosa.
What is the difference between two-sided and one-sided? With unilateral inflammation, purulent contents accumulate only in the right or in the left maxillary sinus, with two-sided lesions affected by two sinuses at once (see photo).
Meanwhile, if the treatment of unilateral sinusitis does not come on time, the infection can very quickly spread to the other side.
In this case, the doctor already diagnoses bilateral sinusitis and determines its catarrhal character.
Complications of sinus inflammation and disease management
- The complication directly in the nasal cavity is mukocele - the formation of the epithelial cyst. Pathology can lead to bone tissue erosion.
- Penetration of purulent fluid into the cranial cavity provokes an intracranial abscess (see photo).
- A cerebral infarction is also a complication of sinusitis, but it is rare.
- Purulent meningitis or inflammation of the brain envelope is a serious disease, the treatment of which requires immediate hospitalization of the patient.
- Acute purulent otitis (inflammation of the middle ear) - this disease can develop simultaneously with sinusitis. Otitis is accompanied by intense pain and "lumbago" in the shah.
Treatment of bilateral sinusitis takes no more than 4 weeks, but the whole process should be under the supervision of a doctor. However painful it may be for a patient to go to an otolaryngologist, this moment can not be postponed, as the disease progresses every day, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to treat it.
The following describes the main therapeutic measures that the patient will recommend to the patient. As an additional measure, you can use the treatment of folk remedies.The nasal cavity must be washed several times with a solution of sea salt or furatsilinom. You can do this at home, but it's not difficult to learn the right washing. Instead of the above solutions, herbal decoctions are sometimes used, which have an antibacterial quality. These plants include calendula, chamomile. Of course, this procedure is not pleasant, but it immediately alleviates the patient's condition and gives him the opportunity to breathe freely.
Vitaminotherapy and taking antibiotics are also included in the treatment of sinusitis. If the inflammation is accompanied by high body temperature, the patient must drink an antipyretic drug, most often in such cases, appoint paracetamol.
It is not recommended to reduce the temperature to 38, since in this way the organism fights against pathogenic microorganisms.
Meanwhile, not always conservative methods of treatment lead to a positive result. If the therapy proved ineffective, resort to surgical intervention, the essence of which is puncture of the maxillary sinus, pumping out the mucous contents and washing the cavity with a drug solution.
Contrary to the prevailing opinion that having made a puncture once, a person is forced to constantly resort to this procedure, usually after it the maxillary sinusitis does not return. However, if you start a disease, the consequences of sinusitis will be extremely dangerous.
To facilitate breathing, the patient can bury the nose with vasoconstrictive drops, but they can be used no more than five days. The patient should understand that it is possible to get rid of bilateral sinusitis only by discipline and systemic treatment, as detailed in the video in this article.
Treatment of acute bilateral sinusitis
The question of what is a bilateral sinusitis, treatment and prevention of this disease, is of interest to many. Almost every person has suffered from this illness at least once in a lifetime.In bilateral sinus sinusitis, there is an inflammation of the sinuses, which are above the upper jaw.
Since both sinuses are affected, the course of the disease is more difficult than with unilateral inflammation. Treatment, in turn, lasts longer. Its duration depends on the age, the physiological state of the patient and the stage at which the treatment was started. When the sinusitis turns into a chronic form, it becomes much harder to treat it.
The causes of bilateral sinusitis
The human body is quite vulnerable. The influence of various factors can cause failures in its operation. This leads to the onset of inflammatory processes.
The main causes of sinusitis:
- Postponed viral disease. One of its complications can be inflammation of the maxillary sinuses.
- Subcooling the body. This leads to a violation of its functions. Bacteria and viruses that get on the mucous membrane are not destroyed, but multiply and freely infect different organs.
- Pathological changes in the structure of the skull. Various curvatures and narrowing contribute to the accumulation in them of natural secretions from the nose. Over time, their transformation into a purulent substance that poisons the surrounding organs.
- Activation of staphylococcus, which lives in the blood of almost every person. This process occurs when the body is weakened. It can be time after a disease or surgery.
- Viral or bacterial infection. Especially the probability of infection during epidemics is very high. Finding a person in crowded places at this time is quite dangerous for health.
- Injured or injured. Mechanical damage to the walls of the maxillary sinuses leads to destruction and inflammation of the mucous membrane.
- Smoking. Smoke from cigarettes, passing through the respiratory tract, causes irritation of the mucous membranes. This leads to increased mucus secretion and blockage of the nasal canals.
- Weakened immunity. This is due to malnutrition and bad habits.
- Increased adenoids. These outgrowths can become sources of infection if they collect more viruses on their surface than they can destroy the immune system.
When a disease occurs, you need medical help.
Self-medication can lead to complications such as meningitis, osteomyelitis and brain abscess.
Symptoms of bilateral sinusitisEarly detection of ailment in a child and treatment with various methods allow to cut sinusitis at an early stage, avoiding many days of suffering.
Symptoms of bilateral sinusitis:
- Deterioration of well-being. The person feels an ache in the whole body, heaviness in the legs. There is rapid fatigue. There is a headache, which is concentrated in the forehead and temples.
- The temperature rises. At the initial stage of inflammation, it is kept in the range of 3, -3, º C. At an exacerbation it is possible to increase it to 38-3, º С.
- There is an active allocation of mucus from the nose, followed by sneezing. At first the selections are transparent, then they turn white. Their transition to a yellow-green color indicates that an inflammatory process has begun in the sinuses.
- Nasal breathing becomes difficult. In some cases the nasal passages are clogged with pus completely.
- The sense of smell weakens or disappears completely.
- There is a strong, unceasing pain in the area of the sinuses, ears and nose. Your teeth may hurt. Because of the proximity of the focus of inflammation and infection, there are unpleasant sensations in the eyes.
- The voice becomes deaf and hoarse. Cough begins with profuse phlegm. It is secretions that drain into the larynx. Especially strong is a cough in the morning, when a patient tries to cough up sputum that has accumulated overnight.
Similar symptoms are typical for both adults and children. In a small child, diagnosing this disease is rather difficult, because children do not know how to blow their nose. Their nose is constantly filled with secretions that can resemble pus. Therefore, to establish an accurate diagnosis, a specialist consultation is necessary.Diagnosis of the disease is carried out using methods such as:
- examination of the otolaryngologist;
- Magnetic resonance imaging;
- CT scan.
The use of modern equipment allows you to make an accurate diagnosis, choose a method of treatment and prevent an exacerbation of the disease.
Drug treatment of genyantritis
Modern medicine presupposes an effect on the purulent bilateral inflammatory process in a complex way. This allows you to quickly remove pain syndrome, swelling and inflammation. The ultimate goal is the restoration of sinus drainage.
Medication affects the following procedures:
- Admission of pain medications. This will give the patient some relief. He can normally eat, sleep and do urgent business.
- Rinsing of the nasal passages with warm saline solution. You need to do this with a small rubber enema. The liquid must pass through the courses by gravity. Its forced retraction is not allowed.
- Relief breathing. For this, vasoconstrictive nasal drops are used. Cleaned nasal passages will provide a free outflow of purulent substance from the sinuses.
- Removal of mucosal inflammation. Getting rid of the edema will greatly improve the patient's condition.
- Reception of antibiotics. Such drugs are taken in the form of tablets, powders and injections. Destruction of the infection helps stop the progression of the disease and quick recovery.
http://www.youtube.com/watc? = 63m1_6npBi0
As a rule, recovery occurs in 2-3 weeks.
The impact on the affected area with the help of electrical medical devices significantly speeds up the process of healing the patient.
During the procedures, the following types of exposure are used:
- irradiation of the nasal sinuses with a quartz lamp, which contributes to the destruction of harmful viruses and bacteria;
- warming up, which contribute to an easier withdrawal of pus and the removal of pain;
- the use of ultra-high-frequency therapy;
- application of dynamic current.
You can conduct such procedures both in clinical and at home. In pharmacies, you can purchase various portable medical devices of a certain spectrum of action.
The operation is carried out in those cases when the medicamentous and physiotherapeutic methods did not bring the desired results. As a rule, the operation is carried out when the drainage from the sinuses stops due to plugging the channels with pus. If this is not done, then the secretions can penetrate deep into the skull and cause significant harm.
For the treatment of sinusitis, such types of surgical intervention as:
- Piercing of the walls of the cavity. Such an event is conducted for both diagnosis and treatment. Drainage tubes are inserted into the cavity through which pus can be pumped out and medication is administered. During washing with physiological solutions, pus is removed from the entire surface of the cavity. This method is the most effective, since it allows you to deliver the medicine directly to the focus of inflammation.
- Removal of adenoids. This operation is performed under local anesthesia and relatively painless. The patient is restored within 2-3 hours after its termination. Pain syndrome and swelling disappear after 3 days.
- Making holes in the nasal concha. The operation is performed under general anesthesia. The hole is used for drainage in chronic forms of the disease. Despite the efficiency of the outflow, after a few years the hole overgrew.
http://www.youtube.com/watc? = xkMxtCune0E
Modern medicine offers rinsing cavities without puncture with the help of vacuum devices.
A healthy lifestyle and preventive measures, which must be carried out continuously, are of great importance for the prevention of the disease.
Sinusitis in the child: treatment, signs
Genyantritis is one of the most dangerous diseases, which is hard to tolerate even by adults. In children, due to the special anatomical structure of the sinuses, this ailment often leads to serious complications, such as pneumonia, meningitis, and otitis media. In addition, accumulated mucus causes irritation of the nerves of the face and provokes severe headaches. Only timely diagnostics and correct measures of struggle can save from such ailment as sinusitis. At the child treatment should be supervised exclusively by the doctor. This will protect the baby from unpleasant consequences.
Often, signs of sinusitis in children appear as a result of a runny nose. Infection, located in the respiratory tract, gradually passes into the maxillary sinuses. Here it provokes the onset of the inflammatory process. Statistics show that children's colds in 5% of all cases result in genyantritis.
In this case, not only ARVI can trigger the development of ailment. Sometimes a serious illness causes adenoids, polyps, curvature of the septum of the nasal cavity. Such conditions lead to a breach of breathing. As a result, the child becomes stagnant with mucus, which leads to inflammation.
After long illnesses, when the immunity of the baby is weakened and can not fully combat infection, the risk of sinusitis is high. Frequent allergies are a constant companion of the ailment.
Symptoms of the disease
The inflammatory process in sinusitis captures epithelial cells and the underlying loose tissue, as well as blood vessels. In the stages of leakage, two types of maxillary sinusitis are distinguished:
Each of them distinguish their own, characterizing the genyantritis symptoms. Treatment in children also depends on the form of the course.
Acute sinusitis is manifested by the following symptoms:
- discharge from the nasal cavity;
- impaired breathing;
- an unpleasant feeling in the near-nasal region;
- feeling of tension and pressure in the inflamed sinus;
- pain in the area of cheekbones, temple, forehead;
- severe discomfort in the teeth, significantly worse during chewing;
- a headache, provoked by a pile of pus in the affected sinuses.
If measures are not taken in time, the ailment passes into a more severe stage - a chronic one. There are several differences in this case, such a disease as sinusitis, symptoms, treatment. In children, all signs of an illness cease to be pronounced. However, the disease for a long time bothers the baby. There is a constant alternation of stages of exacerbation and remissions. Chronic form is characterized by an irreversible process present in the mucosa. As a result of such changes, the latter loses its protective properties.
Types of inflammation
In medicine, there are many classifications of this ailment. So, according to the type of inflammatory process, the disease is divided into the following types:
- Catarrhal sinusitis in children.Treatment is complicated by the acute course of the disease. The main distinctive feature of this species is the complete absence of pus. In this case, the inflammatory process can affect even the periosteum.
- Purulent sinusitis.This form characterizes the deep degree of the inflammatory process in the mucosa. In this case, the child has purulent discharge.
Diagnosis of the disease
Initially, the doctor finds out all the complaints of the patient, interrogates parents about the symptoms, examines the child. For adults, the most effective diagnostic method is X-ray. In the picture, in the case of genyantritis, clearly visible darkening of the maxillary sinuses. In children this method will not give a reliable answer. After all, even the usual rhinitis can show in the picture a darkening of the sinuses. In addition, X-rays are not recommended for a child.
If the doctor observes signs of genyantritis in children, he can recommend a puncture. To do this, using a special needle is a puncture of the sinuses and sucked its contents.
Foreign medicine leads many arguments against the use of this method:
- in most cases, the puncture proves the purity of the sinus;
- puncture can provoke emphysema of the orbit, cheeks, blockage of blood vessels;
- piercing in babies is done exclusively under anesthesia.
There is also a completely harmless, but quite effective method of diagnosis. This is diaphanoscopy. In the darkened room, the doctor enters the Goering's bulb into the mouth. The child tightly grips her lips. In addition to this method, ultrasound can be used.
Treatment of genyantritis
Often, this ailment in children is treated with pharmacotherapy. It should be remembered that the effective treatment of sinusitis in children is able to appoint only a doctor based on the patient's condition, age and the course of the disease.
Depending on the above factors, anti-inflammatory therapy is selected, physiotherapy and "cuckoo" type procedures are prescribed. If necessary, an antibiotic is introduced into the treatment regimen.
In the severe condition of a small patient, a doctor may hospitalize a child. If the diagnosis reveals acute sinusitis in a child, treatment of the disease lasts from 1 to 2 weeks on average. In the case of a chronic species this period is stretched to a month.
Drug medication of acute form
Only a doctor can diagnose this species. If the tests showed acute sinusitis in children, treatment should be prescribed exclusively by an otolaryngologist. As a rule, drug therapy includes:
- Vasoconstrictors. These are various drops and sprays for the nasal cavity. Their action is aimed at removing the edema of the mucosa and removing stagnant fluid from the sinuses. These drugs are prescribed for a short period (about 5-7 days). They include such means: "Tizin" Nazivin "Nazol" Galazolin "Sanorin" Zanos ".
- Antihistamines. This group is appointed if the disease develops against the background of an allergy. Often these are the following drugs: "Claritin" Telfast. "
- Sprays for the nose, which include steroid hormones or antibiotics. Such drugs as "Bioparox" Isophra "Bactroban reduce the inflammatory process.
- Mucolytics. Sufficiently effective medicines if a sinusitis is diagnosed in a child. Treatment is aimed at dilution of the contents filling the maxillary sinus. As a rule, the following drugs are prescribed: "Fluimucil
"Mukodin" Robotussin "Fljuditik" Guafenizin ". As a result, mucus is better excreted.
- Antibiotics in the form of injections or tablets. Such therapy is relevant for purulent sinusitis. Preference is given to the penicillin group. These are the preparations "Amoxicillin" Ampicillin "Flemoxin" Amoxiclav. "
Bilateral sinusitis in the child
The disease can affect one of the sinuses. In this case, right-sided or left-sided sinusitis is diagnosed. Sometimes such a diagnosis can be determined even visually. About the disease is able to indicate unilateral swelling in the face.
Sometimes the ailment seizes both sinuses. In this case, bilateral sinusitis is diagnosed in the child. Treatment is much more difficult. Because this form of the disease signals a weak immune system. In such a situation it is very important to turn to a doctor in time, and not to engage in self-medication. Often the doctor directs to take a smear from the maxillary sinus. This allows you to identify the causative agent of the disease. And consequently to appoint adequate treatment.
Most often, if a bilateral sinusitis is diagnosed in a child, treatment is prescribed with the connection of antibiotics. The choice of the necessary drug depends entirely on the causative agent of the infection. These drugs help to suppress the inflammatory process and stop the multiplication of pathogens.
As a rule, the following drugs are prescribed:
It should be very carefully monitor the condition of the baby. If treatment of genyantritis in children with antibiotics does not have a positive effect for several days, you should immediately consult a doctor. After all, in this case, the infection was resistant to this drug.
Only complex methods can defeat sinusitis in a child. Treatment includes non-drug therapy. What measures to choose, the doctor decides on the basis of the patient's condition, neglect of the disease.
Sinus puncture (puncture)
Under local anesthesia a thin needle is pierced by the sinus in the place where it is the thinnest. The cavity is washed with a special antiseptic solution. Then the medicine is injected into it. The main advantage of this method is the rapid disposal of accumulated pus and the possibility of introducing the necessary drugs directly into the sinus. This contributes to the rapid reduction of facial and headache, as well as general improvement in the condition. In addition, puncture allows in most cases to do without the use of antibiotics.
The main disadvantage of the procedure is the need to repeat these manipulations in order to achieve complete cleansing of the sinus. It is extremely rare, but there is a possibility of complications. This occurs when the atypical structure of the maxillary sinus.
To avoid a repeated puncture, during the first puncture the child is given a special drainage. Through such a thin rubber tube, further washing of the maxillary cavity is carried out.
Using the YAMIK catheter
This method is an excellent alternative to punctures. A rubber catheter is inserted into the nasal cavity under local anesthesia. Two balloons are inflated in it. One of them - in the area of the nostril, and the second - in the nasopharynx. This allows hermetic closure of the nasal cavity. Through a separate channel using a syringe sucked up the contents of the sinuses, and inside the drug is injected.
The biggest advantage of this method is the preservation of intact mucosa. If we talk about shortcomings, then, as in the case of a puncture, it often requires re-manipulation. In addition, this procedure is not carried out in all medical institutions.
In the people this procedure is called "cuckoo". Manipulation occurs in the ENT room. A small patient is poured a special solution into one of the nostrils. From the other, the content is suctioned. At this time the child should say "ku-ku". This protects the oropharynx from getting into the solution.
The procedure is completely painless. But, unfortunately, is ineffective when compared with the two manipulations described above.
Folk treatment of sinusitis in children also implies the washing of sinuses. But in this case, manipulations are carried out at home on their own. For washing, salt, antiseptic and herbal solutions are used.
Very carefully it is necessary to make such procedure to children. Be sure to pay attention to the outgoing mucus. In case of any unwanted changes, consult a doctor immediately.
Washing is carried out using a syringe, spray. You can draw fluid from one of the nostrils from the palm of your hand or cup. But this should not cause the baby unpleasant feelings.
Home methods of treatment
It should be remembered that in the acute phase of bilateral sinusitis, inhalation over potatoes is absolutely not suitable, applying heated salt, sand, boiled eggs to the sinuses. Such manipulations are quite dangerous for this form of ailment.
One of the important conditions of home treatment is a full-bodied diet rich in vitamins. Very fresh juices from spinach, beets are very useful for children. In the diet it is recommended to enter garlic and onions. After all, they contain the most powerful antibacterial components. The doctor can prescribe a vitamin course. These measures are aimed at maintaining the protective functions of the body.
If you are implementing folk treatment of genyantritis in children, consult a doctor without fail. The use of any means without advice to the doctor is absolutely unacceptable.
Some activities can be carried out at home without fear of harming the baby. They include:
- Massage.On the first day of a baby's illness, it is recommended that you tap lightly on the nose bridge with your thumb. The procedure lasts for 2-3 minutes. It is advisable to repeat the tapping every half hour. The massage is effectively assisted by a clockwise (about 30 seconds) massage of the following points: the inner upper corners of the eyebrows, the lower inner parts of the orbit, and the central region between the eyebrows.
- Breathing exercises.The baby should alternately breathe for 5 seconds of each nostril. You need to repeat this exercise 10 times. While breathing one of the nostrils, the second one should be covered with a finger.
The most important direction is to strengthen the immunity of the child. Any viral or infectious diseases should be treated in a timely manner. A very small baby should be taught to properly clean the nasal cavity with a cold.
In the case of predisposing factors (for example, curvature of the septum), measures should be taken to eliminate them.
A special place is given to the need to temper the child. Excellent wiping, the adoption of air baths (if we talk about the youngest children).
It is important to remember that sinusitis often occurs in a child who is constantly in a dry air and having a dust. Therefore, it is advisable to hold in the room a constant moistening, airing.
What is catarrhal bilateral sinusitis
Not many people have an idea of what is catarrhal bilateral sinusitis and why it occurs. The pathology of the upper respiratory tract is very common. Often inflamed paranasal sinuses. They are also called the paranasal sinuses.
There are 4 varieties of these anatomical formations:
- paired maxillary sinuses;
- wedge shaped.
Most often, otorhinolaryngologists find inflammation of the maxillary sinuses. In this situation, it is a matter of sinusitis. The inner surface of the maxillary sinuses is lined with ciliated epithelium. In its thickness, there are many special cells capable of producing mucus. The maxillary sinuses perform a number of important functions. They participate in the amplification of voice resonance, warm the incoming air masses, participate in the distribution of weight in the skull. What is the etiology, clinic and treatment of bilateral sinusitis?
Features of catarrhal sinusitisSinusitis is a disease characterized by inflammation of the maxillary sinus of the nose.In most cases, this pathology develops against other diseases (influenza, acute respiratory viral infection, scarlet fever). In this case the inflammation can be bilateral and one-sided. Depending on the clinical manifestations and the nature of the course of the disease, acute and chronic catarrhal sinusitis are distinguished. The catarrhal form of inflammation is very common. In this case, it can have a different etiology. Depending on the etiological factor, the following varieties of sinusitis are distinguished:
- allergic nature.
Separately, it is necessary to isolate the genyantritis that has arisen against the background of the use of medications. Catarrhal sinusitis can occur in both children and adults. The highest incidence rate is observed in the autumn-winter period. It is important that bilateral inflammation occurs much less frequently than one-sided inflammation.
The development of catarrhal bilateral sinusitis is due to several reasons. The most important factors are:
- frequent colds;
- inadequate or untimely treatment of influenza, ARVI;
- decreased immunity;
- allergic reactions (polynoses);
- curvature of the septum of the nose;
- the presence of polyps in the nasal passages;
- congenital pathology of the development of the maxillary sinuses;
- the presence of acute or chronic rhinitis;
- traumatic injury to the face.
Important importance is the focus of chronic inflammation (adenoiditis, pharyngitis). As for the infectious agent itself, it can be bacteria (streptococci, staphylococci), viruses, microscopic fungi. Catarrhal sinusitis can be non-infectious. In this case, it provokes an allergic reaction, taking medications. Most often, inflammation and swelling of the sinus mucosa develop in childhood. In this situation, it is an acute form of inflammation. In the absence of treatment, acute sinusitis easily passes into a chronic, which is much more difficult to cure. Often the infectious agent penetrates into the maxillary sinuses through the blood. The most common cause of catarrhal sinusitis is the pathology of the upper teeth.
Bilateral sinusitis has many symptoms. At the heart of their appearance is local mucosal edema and excess mucus production. The latter is produced by goblet cells. Normally, a healthy person develops mucus a little, and it goes through special ducts. With bilateral sinus sinus, the ducts are clogged. A similar condition can cause a secondary infection, suppuration. The most common symptoms of bilateral sinusitis are:
- severity in the region of the maxillary sinuses;
- mucous discharge from the nasal cavity;
- increased body temperature (with acute inflammation);
- soreness in palpation;
- nasal congestion;
- impaired sense of smell;
It is known that the maxillary sinuses are located on the side of the nasal septum at eye level. With bilateral catarrhal sinusitis, reddening of this area and eyelids can sometimes be observed. Some patients develop lacrimation. Acute inflammation develops suddenly. First there is a feeling of discomfort in the nasal area, then a pain syndrome. The pain intensifies in the evening. In the beginning, the pain is localized in one area. As the disease develops, the pain is determined throughout the head. Children may feel weak.
Due to the accumulation of serous or mucous secretions, breathing through the nose is disturbed. With catarrh of the genyantritis, the secret secret is liquid and transparent. If a putrefactive microflora is attached, it acquires a greenish color and a thick consistency. In this situation, there can be an unpleasant smell. Additional symptoms of the disease include sneezing, sore throat. The temperature can rise to 38 degrees or more. It happens in acute maxillary sinusitis. Catarrhal sinusitis is dangerous for its possible complications. They include the attachment of purulent infection, the formation of abscesses in the brain, inflammation of the meninges (meningitis), thrombosis of the cavernous sinus, purulent tissue melting.
Diagnostic measuresTo begin treatment, the doctor must make a correct diagnosis. Diagnosis of catarrhal sinusitis includes a detailed conversation with the patient, examination of the nasal mucosa and the entire face, laboratory and instrumental examination. Inspection should start from the anterior wall of the maxillary sinus. Often, this determines the soreness. The doctor assesses the mobility of soft tissues and their consistency. Rhinoscopy is mandatory. With an acute form of catarrhal sinus, reddening and swelling of the mucosa in the middle nasal passage is revealed. Additional methods of examining the nasal cavity include diaphanoscopy. This method is based on the transmission of maxillary sinuses. The patient has a darkening.
The final diagnosis is made based on the results of the X-ray study. An alternative option is the use of MRI, CT, ultrasound. With bilateral sinus, the sinus transparency is compared with that in the eye sockets. Computed tomography is indicated in case of traumatic injuries of the facial part of the skull, severe degree of sinusitis. This diagnostic method can not be used for pregnant women. Puncture is used to determine the type of pathogen and its sensitivity to antibiotics. Manipulation is performed under local anesthesia.
Tactics of treatment
Treatment of catarrhal sinusitis has the following objectives:
- the elimination of infection;
- recovery of outflow of mucous secretions;
- elimination of the main symptoms of the disease;
- prevention of complications.
Treatment is often conservative.
Treatment involves drainage of the sinus sinus cavity, administration of antibiotics, the use of various vasoconstrictors (drops, sprays), sinus heating, physiotherapeutic Events.
Treatment is carried out only after consulting a doctor. With catarrhal inflammation, the secret is liquid, therefore surgical drainage may not be used. As antibacterial agents in the bacterial form of the disease, cephalosporins, semi-synthetic and protected penicillins, macrolides are used.
The best therapeutic effect is possessed by "Levofloxacin "Amoxicillin "Amoxiclav "Cefuroxime". Antibiotics are not always used. It is not appropriate to prescribe them for viral etiology of the disease. In this situation, therapy involves the use of steroids, mucolytics. To eliminate the main symptoms of the disease, humidification of the air, normalization of nutrition, elimination of the effects of allergens are carried out. In severe pain syndrome, drugs from the NSAID group are used. Local treatment involves washing the nose with solutions of antiseptics (Furacillin, sodium hypochlorite). In the allergic form of sinusitis, antihistamines are indicated. Thus, sinusitis should be treated timely and thoroughly.