Methods of rapid treatment of the common coldEach of us probably, at least once in my life, came across a situation where one can not be sick in no case, but unexpectedly in nose begins to perspiration and after a few hours it becomes impossible to breathe normally and do not use every minute scarves. To help yourself and your loved ones who do not catch a cold in time, you need to know how to quickly cure a runny nose at home, if you can spend only 1 day or 1 night on treatment.
What is a common cold?
Rhinitis or rhinitis is an inflammation of the nasal mucosa that can occur as an independent disease or be one of the symptoms of a cold, ARVI and other infectious diseases. In any case, the symptoms of rhinitis are quite easily recognizable - the obstruction of the nasal passages prevents one from breathing normally, an abundant nasal discharge appears, and the nose turns red and swollen. Also, the common cold is often accompanied by headache, lacrimation and a sharp decrease in smell.
In order to find the answer to the question: how quickly to get rid of the common cold, you need to know the reasons for its appearance and the processes occurring at this time in the nasal cavity.
Runny nose occurs when infectious agents or allergens enter the nasal passages, as a result of inflammation, the mucous membrane swells, clogging the nasal passages, and active mucus production begins, with the help of which the body tries to "clean" the nose, removing from it microbes.
Most often, rhinitis develops as a result of hypothermia or other adverse factors that weaken immune system of the body, also the common cold can become the first sign of an "uptake" infection - viral or bacterial. Rarely nasal congestion and permanent nasal discharge are a sign of an allergic reaction and arise in response to the body's interaction with the allergen.
Quick treatment of the common cold at homeThe most important rule for those who want to know how to quickly cure a runny nose at home and preferably for 1 day is to start treatment at the first signs of the disease.
Most people prefer to ignore the first symptoms of the disease, hoping that mild ailment, lean mucus discharge and a small nasal congestion will soon disappear themselves itself, sometimes, if the immune system of a person is strong enough, so it happens, but more often the infection manages to spread through the body and quickly cure the rhinitis becomes much more difficult.
Therefore, if you want to quickly cure a runny nose at home and for 1 day, begin active therapy immediately, as you feel an ailment or a sensation in the nose and throat.
If a person has gotten wet feet, stood in the cold wind or fell under the autumn rain, the probability of occurrence the cold is almost 85%, and in order to prevent the possible development of the disease, you must immediately take measures:
- as soon as possible remove wet clothes or socks and shoes and put on a dry and clean;
- take a hot bath or a contrast shower;
- drink hot tea with raspberries or lemon and honey, it is also useful to prepare a hot broth for the patient rose hips, cranberries or cranberries, will help and warm milk with honey or any other warming beverages;
- put on socks with dry mustard or just warm woolen socks and go to sleep;
- if there are no contraindications - soak your feet in hot water with salt;
- rinse the nasal cavity with a weak saline solution, Aquamaris, saline solution or any antiseptic solution of furacilin, decoction of chamomile and other herbs;
- go to bed, having drunk hot tea for the night, wearing woolen socks and hiding a very warm blanket - the main purpose of such treatment is to sweat as much as possible.
Treatment of a cold in the home
If you can not stop the runny nose in time, you can try to solve the problem of how to quickly get rid of a cold in the home in two ways:
- Actively use all sorts of sprays, drops and inhalations - with the use of any medicines necessary consult with your doctor and read the instructions carefully, paying special attention to contraindications and method application.
- To treat a cold with the help of proven folk remedies, which promise to get rid of stuffy nose for 1 day without the use of medications.
Treatment of the common cold with medicationThose who decided to learn how to quickly cure a cold with the help of pharmaceutical products, you need to know: most vasoconstricting drops and sprays they do not cure rhinitis, they are only able to muffle the symptoms of the disease, but complex treatment is also needed to help get rid of infection.
Quickly cure a runny nose within 1 day using:
- sosudosuzhivayuschih funds: use any drops in the nose - Naphthyzine, galazolin, Pinosol, Sanorin - all these drugs narrow the vessels of the mucosa shell, due to which the edema and mucus are reduced, they are not recommended to be used more often 4-5 times a day and not longer than 3 consecutive days;
- You can also use such drugs as protargol or Sinuforte or Sinupret - having a complex effect on the nasal mucosa;
- to remove strong puffiness and to restore breath help antiallergic agents - klaritin, loratadine, fenkarol, suprastin and so on.
Treatment of a common cold at home for 1 day
To get rid of the common cold with the help of recipes of traditional medicine for 1 day, you need to try to apply several funds at once:
- washing the nose - helps to get rid of mucus and cleanse nasal passages from bacteria and viruses - must necessarily become the beginning of treatment in any case for lavage you can use a weak saline solution, various means: Aquamaris, Aqualor, Dauphin and others based on salt water, a solution of furacilin, chamomile broth and so on. Further;
- Inhalation - clean the nasal cavity, warm it and reduce swelling and inflammation - for inhalation, you can use a decoction of any healing herb, aromatic oil (a few drops per 1 liter of boiling water) or a decoction potatoes;
- onion and garlic - finely chop the onion and a few cloves of garlic, breathe in pairs for 10-15 minutes a few once a day - phytoncides have antibacterial and antiseptic properties, reliably disinfecting the nasal cavity;
- the inhalation of raw horseradish fragrances or the use of it in food is just as good;
- Do before bed a foot bath with mustard or put on socks with dry mustard and go to sleep - if the patient is successful will apply several methods from the above, it is almost certain that the next morning he will wake up healthy, forgetting the beginning disease.
How for 1 day of sitting at home, to recover from a cold?
If the cold does not heal, then it will last as long as 7 days. And if you treat something will be over 1 week. (The popular saying)
in any way.
but still try to drink one hundred and fifty grams of vodka and go to bed immediately. It helps me.
Rinse often with a slightly saline water, or furatsilinom.
You can not cure a rhinitis for 1 day, but you can accelerate the recovery.
On a glass of boiled water a tablespoon of salt, this solution
rinse your nose (t. e. breathe in the nose water), very well pulls
from the nose all pus, which accumulates gradually, and also
this solution kills all snotty microbes.
Try, of course, this is not enough, but it helps
Very simple. Every two hours, rinse the nose with a solution of furacilin to kill all the bacteria, then just in case (trouble does not come one) to gobble something nibul from grappa or ARI (terraflam, antigrippin, etc.) ) necessarily tea with honey and under the blanket, of course you have to rest today, give the body to fight with a cold, and tomorrow as a cucumber. I promise.
I recover when immunity falls and I drink E-tea here [link blocked by the project administration's decision] 1 day and you're on your feet
1. Wash your nose with salt water. To do this, half a teaspoon of salt should be dissolved in a glass of warm water. Rinse with a rubber pear, leaning over the sink to drain the liquid that flows from the nose. After typing the solution, insert the tip of the syringe into the nostril and, squeezing the balloon, direct the stream towards the nasopharynx along the bottom wall of the nasal cavity. The second half of the nose is also washed. Directing the jet up is not recommended, since there is a sensitive olfactory zone. Hold the breath while rinsing. After the procedure, it is advisable to breathe for a minute or two quietly, so that the viscous mucus had time to dissolve, "get wet and then you can blow your nose.
Do not be afraid, will not get into the windpipe - it will flow out into the usual swallowing throat (pharynx), or into another nostril, or it will pour out of the same. Rubber pear can be bought at the pharmacy.
Drawing water from the palm, that is, with a stream of air, is unsafe: it can get into the maxillary and other paranasal sinuses and cause their inflammation.
OPTION "Having felt the first signs of a cold - a nose in the nose, a slight excess of liquid mucus - I immediately do a rinse with salt water. To do this, fill the teapot with a slightly warm, almost cool boiled water, dissolve in it a teaspoon of table salt. Bending his head over the sink so that one nostril "looked" up, I poured salt water through it in it. Gradually the water begins to flow out of the other nostril. So I emptied half a teapot. Then, turning my head in another direction, I repeat the same with another nostril. If you do this procedure on time, repeating daily a couple of times, you manage to completely get rid of the common cold in a day or two. " - Elena Z, Kirovograd
2. Do a purge of the nostrils separately (sukha-purvak). It's from yoga. Sit up straight with your legs crossed. The left arm lies loosely on the hip. The index finger of the right hand is applied to the forehead just above the bridge of the nose. Hold the thumb on the right nostril, and the middle finger on the left. The muscles of the face are relaxed. All attention to nose and breath.
Make a full exhalation with your nose and immediately, pressing your right nostril with your thumb, you inhale through the left (about a second) and close it. Hold your breath (about 8 seconds). Then open the right nostril, slowly exhale (exhale twice longer than inhalation) and close the right one. The delay (approximately 4 seconds), and the cycle is over.
Start the next cycle, similar to the described one, with a breath through the right nostril.
Such paired exercises should be done at once 10-12. And repeat at least 3 times a day. They very well purify the nasopharynx, lift the tone of the capillaries and nerve endings in it, improve the sense of smell, strengthen the immune system to catarrhal and viral diseases. These exercises should preferably be done after washing the nasopharynx with salted water.
3. Development of the virus during the runny nose well suppresses the phytoncids contained in onions and garlic. So do this: two tablespoons of grated onion or garlic, put on the bottom of a clean dry glass and put in a mug with hot water. Cover the glass with a funnel made of thick paper. Narrow its end, attach to the nose and inhale the evaporation of plants for 10 minutes through each nostril. The procedure is repeated 3 to 4 times a day. Fitontsidy, penetrating into the nasal cavity, into its sinuses and auditory tubes, have a therapeutic effect. The onion should not be eaten, but cut the onion in half and how to breathe over it (and then send it to soup or another dish). Burning in the nose and throat, this is a normal reaction. Do not forget to close your eyes during this procedure.
4. We go to the pharmacy and buy an antiviral drug. The most popular antiviral drugs are Arbidol (more expensive) and Anaferon (cheaper). If you take Anaferon strictly according to the instructions (1 tablet every half hour for 2 hours), the symptoms of the common cold will be lost almost entirely on the same day. But you can not stop taking the medicine, the virus is still alive and may well be reborn.
5. In the evening: a hot foot bath + hot tea with honey / raspberries
Thank you, tried.. in the course of 2 days a cold does not come to be... Yes, of course not a very pleasant procedure.. But, health is more important!!! Thanks to all the sources of information!! ☺
Three days of dry fasting is the fastest treatment without drugs, and for prevention
1Not eat at night after 18.00
2 rinse nose 2-3 a day with a weak solution of edible salt
3 to do with the fingers of the hand massage of the maxillary sinuses
in half a year ..year consistently a good result.
How to quickly cure a runny nose at home: effective methodsRhinitis is a very unpleasant disease that has many causes. Treatment of the common cold is carried out depending on the nature of its origin and the nature of the course. Many people want to learn how to quickly cure a cold in the home, because to visit the clinic does not always work.Some people wish to cure rhinitis in one day, however, in such a short time, it is impossible to get rid of the symptoms of the disease, you can only improve the patient's well-being.
How correctly to treat a rhinitis?Before starting treatment it is important to determine the causes of the disease. It is also necessary to choose the right medicine and an effective method of treatment. Obligatory actions in the common cold should be such events:
- washing of nasal passages;
- use of correct drugs;
- administration of inhalations;
- application of warming compresses.
To cure a runny nose at home, you need to wash your nose with special solutions. It is known that recovery can occur only after removal from the body of all pathogenic microorganisms, which is what the washing procedure is directed atnasopharynx. Therapy is carried out in the morning and in the evening, washing the nose until absolutely clean water or a solution without mucus admixtures begins to flow from the nasal passages. To prepare a solution for washing the nose, take a spoonful of salt on a glass of water. Adults can wash the nose with a decoction of beetroot, which has an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect on the mucosa. To carry out at home, fast treatment of the common cold can be done using such a solution: a liter of water is taken a teaspoon of salt, l. soda, 5 drops of iodine.
After the nasal passages are cleaned, you can apply drops from the cold. Among the drops that help with the common cold, homeopathic, vasoconstrictive, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory medications are prescribed.
Vasoconstrictors are mainly prescribed for the purpose of removing puffiness, they do not have a therapeutic effect.
Folk methods against rhinitis
If you seek help with traditional medicine, how to cure a runny nose at home, you can find many effective and safe methods. You can use such methods of treatment of the disease:
- Soap your finger with soap and apply it to the nose from the inside, carry out the procedure three times a day. This method can also carry out prevention procedures, which will reduce the likelihood of developing rhinitis.
- The mustard will help get rid of rhinitis. To do this, attach to the feet mustard plaster or pour mustard in the socks, leaving it for the night. Foot baths with mustard are also useful for colds. After the procedure, the nasal breathing and well-being of the patient improve.
- Onion is an effective remedy that will help with a cold. You can breathe in pairs of chopped onions, and it is also useful to keep onion gruel on the wings of the nose, wrapping it in a napkin. The compress should be kept on the wings of the nose for 15 minutes, repeat the procedure 4 times a day. In the nose, you can also insert small cotton swabs, soaked in onion juice.Drops of onions diluted with water: remove inflammation of the mucosa, improve nasal breathing, destroy pathogenic bacteria and viruses.
- With a cold, children often use beetroot juice with honey. Take 1/3 h. l. honey, dilute it in a tablespoon of water, mix with a teaspoon of beet juice. Warm and drip into the nose 7 drops every 2 hours.
- At a question as in house conditions to cure a rhinitis, many people recommend to use juice of an aloe and kalanchoe. When a combination of these two plants produces a powerful medicine for rhinitis of bacterial and viral origin. In addition to the destruction of bacteria and viruses, the nasal cavity is well cleansed of mucus due to the sneezing property of the Kalanchoe. Mixing the juices, you need to drip 4 drops 3 times a day.
- The juice of the viburnum is also something that will help with the common cold. To prepare the medicine you need to mix a glass of vine juice with a glass of honey, but the prepared product is not intended for outdoor use, but for internal use. It should be taken on a tablespoon three times a day. The product should be kept in the refrigerator, but you need to drink it in a warm form. As a rule, mucus from the nose goes out within a day from the start of treatment.
If you need to cure a runny nose in a child, such essential oils are suitable:
- orange, lemon, grapefruit;
- oil of thuja.
In pregnancy, the runny nose should be treated with special care, excluding the use of drugs dangerous to the mother and child. It is important to know how to treat a cold in the home, because it is not always possible to consult a specialist.
How to cure a cold for 1 day: methods of traditional medicineFor the treatment of colds often do not have enough time, especially in those people who are constantly busy with work. That is why the question of how to cure a cold in 1 day, effectively and without unpleasant consequences, is topical.
In fact, one day is not so little, even a day with proper behavior can improve the health.
How to get rid of a cold in 1 day, using a saline solution
How to cure a cold in one day, most likely, will tell folk medicine. The fact is that there are no such medications, the course of treatment which could be a whole day.
If you are exposed to rain, get cold, or feel that your body is infected with a virus, come home and immediately wash your nose. This is one of the easiest ways to get rid of a cold in 1 day, using saline.
For the procedure, you can buy special products based on sea water, but it will be cheaper to cook it yourself: a liter of warm boiled water will need a tablespoon of salt. The solution must be tightened with one nostril, so that it comes out on the other.
Such a simple action, like washing the nose, will clear it of pathogenic microorganisms and prevent infection from penetrating deep into the body.
How to quickly cure a cold for 1 day to a child: warming up and inhalationWhen the nose is cleared, the next step in the treatment of rhinitis will be the heating of the nasal sinuses. For dry heating, you can use a warm boiled egg or heated salt. How quickly to cure a cold in one day by heating? Just need to keep the wings of the nose warm, it will help to remove the inflammatory process and restore the function of the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx.
If you ask a pediatrician how to cure a baby's cold for 1 day, he can recommend inhalation. For the procedure, you should warm up the water in a saucepan, pour a few drops of eucalyptus oil and breathe in pairs for 10-15 minutes. It is important that the water is not too hot, otherwise the mucous membrane may burn.
How to cure a cold in 1 day: therapeutic procedures
With the accelerated treatment of rhinitis at home, the following therapeutic procedures are popular:
1. Some people use mineral water without gas in the treatment of rhinitis.This remedy very well helps with the first signs of the disease. Mineral water should be washed every hour, and if possible, it is better to do it more often - once in half an hour. After washing the nose with mineral water before bed, the mucous membrane must be carefully lubricated with honey, if there is no allergy to this product.
2. Hot foot baths.Influencing heat on your legs, you can get rid of not only from the common cold, but also from other signs of a cold. It is useful to make mustard foot baths, and for the time of treatment, the feet should always be kept warm, wearing woolen socks. For the night in socks it is possible to pour dry mustard powder. This is one of the effective ways how to quickly cure a cold in 1 day, which can be used for adults and children.3. If you find the first signs of a cold, you can use the onion.It should be rubbed on a grater, put on a napkin and put on the wings of the nose. The rhinitis will pass, and not having begun. It is also useful to breathe phytoncides onions and garlic or to drip the nose with garlic-onion juice.
4. On the first day of development of the common cold, you can get rid of it with the help of iodine.To do this, before going to bed on the wings of the nose, draw an iodine grid using a cotton swab. To protect the body from colds, it is also recommended to drink a glass of warm water for the night, adding 5 drops of iodine to it.
5. Want to know how to cure a cold in 1 day, so that the next morning feel good?Every hour, drip your nose with honey, diluted in water. To make drops, take honey and water in a ratio of 1: 10.
How to recover for 1 day from a cold: an effective medicine
If you do not have the opportunity to stay at home, you can improve your health and for 1 day. Do not forget that you have another night ahead, but at this time the body will not be distracted by anything and will be able to restore its strength. To accelerate the recovery process in an adult, you can drink an effective medicine at night: stir a teaspoon of red hot pepper in a glass of vodka. The substances present in red pepper dilate the blood vessels well, so the functioning of the nasopharynx can be normalized overnight. Drink such a medicine before bedtime, after which the patient should immediately go to bed. At the same time, you can make the procedure with mustard powder, pouring it into your socks.
Children do not need to try to cure a cold for a day, since it is important to ensure bed rest until full recovery. Intensive treatment for one day can have a heavy burden on the children's body. Having become acquainted with the methods for recovering from the common cold within 1 day, each person will be able to choose the most suitable treatment option for himself.
How to treat a runny nose at home correctly
- Chronic rhinitis
Each of us has an idea of what a cold is, and more than once experienced the discomfort caused by the manifestation of this symptom.
At first glance rhinitis seems something quite harmless, however, do not be mistaken, because even a simple cold coryza can provoke the development of serious complications.
Especially cautious should be treated alone treatment of the common cold at home, as often such therapy is not the most adequate and effective, and this too can accelerate the development of complications.
Among the dangerous consequences of the common cold, it should be noted:
- Sinusitis(inflammation of the mucous membrane of the maxillary paranasal sinuses).
- Frontite(inflammation of the mucosa of the frontal paranasal sinus, also "What is fronts?").
- Acute Sinusitis(inflammation of the mucous membrane of one or more sinuses of the nose)
- Polyposis sinusitis(proliferation of connective tissue in nasal sinuses).
To understand how to properly treat a cold in the home, you need to determine the cause of the disease. Usually rhinitis occurs against the background of cold infections, but there are other factors that can trigger the development of this symptom.
Causes of a cold can be:
- viruses and harmful microorganisms;
- hypothermia of the body;
- various external allergens;
- diseases of the endocrine and nervous systems;
- transferred surgical operations;
- long-term use of vasoconstrictor drugs;
- prolonged exposure of chemical or other irritants to the nasal mucosa;
- curvature of the nasal septum;
- trauma to the nose;
- influence of air temperature and climatic conditions;
- weak immunity;
As a rule, in order to cure a runny nose, one must first of all influence not the symptom itself, but the cause of its appearance.
Symptomatic treatment of the common cold should not be excluded, because often the relief of symptoms creating discomfort, helps the patient to find the strength to fight the disease and just feel much better. How quickly to get rid of a cold is a matter of concern to everyone. Treatment of the common cold almost always begins at home, and patients often neglect a doctor's visit throughout the illness, thinking that they will be able to cope on their own.
However, for the treatment of a cold at home to be correct and adequate, it is necessary to remember several important rules:
- If there is an increase in body temperature with a cold, the patient is shown bed rest and taking antipyretics.
- It is important to clear the nasal cavity of mucous secretions in a timely manner. It is most effective to do this with the help of washing.
- Getting rid of the feeling of nasal congestion - this is not just a symptomatic treatment, because the difficult Nasal breathing can cause unpleasant consequences due to low oxygen intake in the organism. What to do to get rid of the constant stuffiness of the nose? When treating the common cold with folk remedies at home, it is necessary to use homeopathic or vasoconstrictive drugs. In case you decide to use vasoconstrictors, it must be remembered that their continuous use should be limited to 5-7 days.
How to quickly get rid of a cold in the home: the effectiveness of steam inhalationsMany, of course, are concerned with the question of how to quickly get rid of a chronic rhinitis in the home, because with rhinitis, each of us faces annually, sometimes more than once a year. It is worth mentioning immediately that the treatment of a chronic rhinitis with folk remedies for a runny nose in 10 minutes will not give tangible results, but one can achieve significant relief in a day.
Rhinitis not only hampers breathing and promotes an abundant release of mucus from the nasal passages, it interferes with a person fully work, causes sleep disturbances, causes severe discomfort and a lot of discomfort, so his treatment is necessary.
Getting rid of the cold at home for one day is almost impossible, because it's too short a period to conduct a full course of treatment. However, in one day you can significantly alleviate nasal breathing and get rid of mucous secretions, Such therapy is called symptomatic treatment and is aimed at making it easier to feel patient. How should I treat rhinitis?
Symptomatic treatment of the common cold includes:
- Purification of the nasal passages from accumulated mucus.Purification of the nasal passages can be done by blowing out and rinsing. Washing of the nose with salt water promotes active moistening of the nasal mucosa and more effectively cleanses the sinuses;
- Closing the sense of nasal congestion.With stuffy nose, vasoconstrictive drops or sprays are well managed, however, as mentioned earlier, it is undesirable to use such drugs for more than a week. Also effective drugs for the treatment of nasal congestion are preparations containing in their composition essential oils. To stop the stuffing, you can apply the technique of acupressure, especially effective massage, if you spend it with Vietnamese balm "Star."
In parallel with the symptomatic treatment of rhinitis, it is necessary to influence the focus of the disease in order to overcome the disease finally. At this stage, it is necessary to understand which particular rhinitis worries the patient.
Varieties of rhinitis:
- Vasomotor rhinitis.Such a runny nose occurs as a reaction to an external stimulus, for example, a sharp change in the ambient air temperature or the aggressive influence of the external environment. To get rid of such a common cold at home is simple: the treatment is to eliminate the irritant.
- An allergic rhinitis.The attack of such a rhinitis, as a rule, is provoked by the action of an allergen. If such a runny nose appears during the flowering period, then you can talk about seasonal allergic rhinitis, the treatment for this kind of cold is somewhat different. If this symptom is manifested by contact, for example, with domestic dust, then the expert may well diagnose a chronic allergy. To get rid of such a common cold at home, it is necessary to include in the treatment plan a symptomatic therapy, taking antihistamines and necessarily exclude any contact with the allergen that caused attack.
- Infectious rhinitis.The attack of this kind of common cold always accompanies the course of such diseases as acute respiratory infections, acute respiratory infections and influenza. In such cases, the patient is shown symptomatic treatment, as well as the use of antiviral drugs. Cold cold can be cured completely in 3-5 days. Many argue that the best home remedy for such a cold is washing the nose with saline.
- Medicinal rhinitis.This runny nose is a consequence of the abuse of medicinal nasal drugs, which, with constant use, cause atrophy and severe mucosal edema. During treatment of this type of rhinitis, it is necessary to exclude the use of drugs that caused an attack of rhinitis. It is better not to get rid of such a cold at home, so as not to provoke deterioration.
- Traumatic rhinitis.This kind of cold starts when mechanical, chemical or temperature injury of the nose and its mucous membranes. If the lesions are not too strong, the mucosa is quickly restored and the runny nose goes away by itself. If it is a question of serious violations, then you should immediately contact a specialist-otolaryngologist for an appointment of adequate treatment.
- Hypertrophic and atrophic rhinitis.With hypertrophic rhinitis, there is a proliferation and a significant thickening of the nasal mucosa. Also, with hypertrophic rhinitis, a large amount of mucus is released from the nasal passages. Often to treat such a rhinitis shown surgery, so get rid of this type of cold at home is unlikely to succeed. Atrophic rhinitis, on the contrary, thinning of the tissues of the nasal passages occurs and their considerable overdrying. If the onset of atrophic rhinitis is not treated in a timely manner, this can lead to a partial or even complete loss of sense of smell, therefore, when symptoms of atrophic rhinitis appear, one should not postpone the trip to the attending physician and engage in self-medication at home.
Any kind of cold is an occasion to visit a specialist. However, not always and not everyone has this opportunity and in this case fast treatment of the common cold at home remains the only available option.
How and how can you quickly cure a strong or chronic rhinitis (rhinitis) at home? There are many different home remedies for the cold that will help cope with the disease and strengthen immunity, here we will tell in more detail only about some of them:
- Rinsing of the nasal sinuses with infusions of medicinal herbs or saline solution.Such home remedies for the cold are considered to be among the most effective. Washings help remove the accumulated mucus from the nasal sinuses, which contains a pathogenic microflora. Also, washings moisturize the nasal mucosa and help to fight with stuffiness. Saline solution for nasal lavage can be purchased at the pharmacy or prepared independently. To do this, take a teaspoon of salt and dissolve it in half a liter of boiled water. With regard to herbal infusion for washing the nasal cavity, they use for their preparation plants that have antiseptic action: a line, calendula, eucalyptus, chamomile, sage and others.
- Steam inhalation with infusions of medicinal herbs.Steam inhalation from the common cold with potatoes. Inhalation is an effective remedy for a runny nose at home, only if the patient does not have a fever. With the help of inhalations with a cold, you can at home and in the shortest possible time to stop such unpleasant symptoms as nasal congestion and abundant mucous discharge from the nasal passages. Herbs, which we mentioned above, can be used not only to prepare infusions for washing the nasal sinuses, but also for inhalation. More details on potato inhalations from the common cold, which are very convenient to conduct at home. For this, it is necessary to boil the potatoes in a uniform, drain the water and then, bending over the tubers and covering themselves with a towel, breathe deeply for 15-20 minutes. After carrying out potato inhalation from the common cold at home, rest and, if possible, bed rest are shown, so these procedures are best spent in the evening.
- Bottling of the nose with pharmacy nasal preparationsor compositions prepared according to the recipes of traditional medicine. Most often, various nasal preparations are used to treat the common cold, which were purchased at the pharmacy. As a rule, such drugs have a vasoconstrictive effect, which brings considerable relief to the patient and helps improve nasal breathing. Abuse of such household remedies from the common cold is not worth it, it can lead to atrophy of the nasal mucosa.
Pay attention to drops and sprays, which contain in their composition essential oils, for example, "Pinosol". Of course, such drops do not immediately facilitate breathing, but they will significantly moisturize the mucous membrane and eventually allow breathing freely.
There are also home remedies for the common cold related to the section of traditional medicine, like beet, onion and carrot juices. These juices, separately or even in a mixture, must be buried in the nasal passages. A noticeable improvement is already on the second-third day of application. If you instill a burning sensation and discomfort when burying the juices in your nose, you can add a little vegetable oil to the brewing mixture. If the burning does not go away, you should consult a doctor to rule out the presence of allergic reactions.
How to treat chronic rhinitis (rhinitis) at home
Chronic rhinitis is termed an untreated or neglected acute rhinitis, which does not pass quickly, and can disturb the patient for more than a week.
It is better not to treat chronic rhinitis at home, as there is a high probability of development serious complications (possible loss of smell, ejaculation, spread of inflammation to the organs of vision and others). If nevertheless it was necessary to be engaged in treatment of a chronic rhinitis in house conditions, it follows sharply restrict the use of vasoconstrictive drugs, which, as a rule, have already formed addictive.
With a chronic cold, the mucosa is extremely irritated, so rinsing with saline solutions should also be ruled out, as it can cause additional discomfort, cause burning and itching.
Treatment of a chronic cold in the home should include:
- Symptomatic therapy.It is better to conduct it with the help of preparations on herbs and containing essential oils of medicinal plants. Such remedies for a chronic cold in the home do not immediately relieve nasal breathing, however, irritate the mucous membrane less.
- Complex therapywith the use of drugs that strengthen the immune system and activate the protective properties of the body. During the treatment of a chronic runny nose in the home, the body is usually extremely weakened by the fight against a prolonged illness and it needs additional resources to cope with the disease.
- Home Mode, warm drink and avoid sudden changes in ambient temperature. It is necessary to avoid hypothermia, it is best not to go out if possible. Drinking should be warm and plentiful, clearing the nasal passages from mucus should be regular.
Cases in which the treatment of a chronic cold can not be carried out at home:
- Isolation of nasal passages of mucus with an admixture of pus.In this case, the runny nose has become a sinusitis, it is necessary to immediately consult an otolaryngologist.
- Severe headaches and general weakness(in combination with a persistent runny nose). These are the symptoms of the possible spread of inflammation to the frontal or maxillary sinuses of the nose.
- Increased body temperature, which lasts a long time(from 38C). A rise in temperature can signal that the inflammatory process is gaining momentum, and the body can no longer cope with its own resources. In such cases it is necessary to call a doctor at home, as an independent visit to a medical institution can cause a sharp deterioration in the general condition and well-being of the patient.