A healthy lifestyle involves caring for one's own well-being and maintaining the body in good condition. Along with physical stress and solving the problem of stress, it is important to observe proper nutrition, including products that reduce cholesterol and clearing vessels.
- "Good" and "bad" cholesterol
- What foods contain cholesterol
- Products that reduce cholesterol
- Products that increase cholesterol levels
- Vascular Cleansing Products
- Folk remedies
- Doctor's opinion
How to quickly lower cholesterol in the blood without drugs Why cholesterol rises in the blood Cleaning of blood vessels from cholesterol by folk remedies The level of cholesterol in adults and children - a table by age Observe a diet with high blood cholesterol
"Good" and "bad" cholesterol
To begin with, it is worth investigating what cholesterol is and how dangerous it is. Cholesterol is a polyhydric alcohol required for a person and performs many functions in the body:
- is an important building material, is a part of all cellular membranes, giving them elasticity and rigidity;
- is a part of the nervous tissue, forms the shells of nerve fibers;
- participates in the production of vitamin D;
- participates in the formation of steroid hormones, including male and female sex hormones (estrogens, testosterone);
Important! Cholesterol is a water-insoluble substance, therefore in blood it is not in a free form, but in the form of compounds with proteins - lipoproteins. There are several types of lipoproteins: high density lipoproteins - "good" cholesterol, low density lipoproteins - "bad" cholesterol and very low density. "Good" cholesterol in high concentrations is found in the blood of people who do not have health problems, "bad" cholesterol causes atherosclerosis.
When the amount of "bad" cholesterol in the blood becomes high, it promotes the deposition of lipoproteins in the walls of the vessels in the form of atherosclerotic plaques. Because of these deposits, the lumen of the vessels narrows, the blood hardly passes into the formed hole. As a result, there are atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease and other vascular disorders that can lead to heart attack and stroke.
What foods contain cholesterol
The level of cholesterol can be increased due to unbalanced nutrition - eating foods with high cholesterol. For example, if the food is regularly present such products:
- fat meat;
- fast food and various smoked products;
- meat by-products (especially brains and kidneys);
- fish, caviar and seafood;
- cookies, muffins and other confectionery.
With excessive consumption of these foods, there is a problem of increased cholesterol, since these dishes are full of fat, including those provoking atherosclerosis.
Products that reduce cholesterol
If the cholesterol levels in the blood depend on the diet, then it can be constructed in such a way as to achieve reduction of the dangerous substance. However, in this case it is worth keeping to the measure and not striving for a complete refusal of cholesterol. Still, many functions of the body will be disrupted without it, it is only necessary to limit its volumes.
To do this, it is worth using more products that lower cholesterol. The list of such products is very diverse. It includes:
- polyunsaturated fats are vegetable oils such as avocado oil, lard, sunflower, mustard, peanut oil;
- green tea;
- most fruits and vegetables;
- oat flakes and bran;
- Nuts and seeds of various plants;
- Some types of fish: mackerel, salmon, tuna, herring, trout and others.
Consider how to use their use correctly to quickly and effectively reduce this indicator.
- Oat flakes and other cereals, as well as legumes, are recommended in the morning in the form of cereals. Due to their high fiber content, they increase intestinal motility and help to quickly remove unnecessary substances from the body.
- Vegetables: cabbage, zucchini, carrots, beets also contain a lot of fiber, thereby helping the proper lipid metabolism. They need to eat at least 10 tablespoons a day.
- Sour berries such as cranberries, mountain ash, blueberries, raspberries contain polyphenols that raise the level of "good" cholesterol and reduce "bad". They are recommended to eat 150 grams per day regularly in the form of fresh berries or processed, but with a minimum sugar content.
- Salad and other greens contain carotenoids and lutein, helping to quickly get rid of excess cholesterol. They are also recommended to be consumed every day, in the winter time it can be replaced with dried herbs.
- Almonds and other nuts contain their own fats, competing with cholesterol, but more useful for humans. The average portion should be about 60 grams per day.
- Garlic and onions contain statins that prevent the formation of cholesterol in the body, thereby reducing its level. One clove of garlic a day is enough.
Red wine, coffee and green tea contain flavonoids, which reduce the production of cholesterol. People suffering from high blood pressure, instead of coffee is better to drink green tea.
Products that increase cholesterol levels
People with high cholesterol in the blood should not eat foods that increase its level. In order to avoid excessively high cholesterol in the blood, you can use a list of products showing which foods contain a minimum percentage of cholesterol, which is more than it, and which of them lead to an increase in the level of this fat.
What you can not eat with high cholesterol? Among the prohibited products are:
- fish eggs;
- White bread;
- fatty confectionery.
Such products as bread and sweets do not contain a lot of cholesterol by themselves, but due to the high glycemic level contribute to its formation in the body and deposition on the walls of the vessels. All the rest contain a large number of all kinds of lipids, which also prevent the consumption of fats and their storage, including in blood vessels.
Vascular Cleansing Products
Now in any clinic you can donate blood for the maintenance of lipoproteins. If the results of the tests give alarming results indicating that the level of low-density lipoprotein ("bad" cholesterol) is exceeded, urgent measures must be taken. It is not necessary to immediately take medication. First, you need to use a diet that includes removing excess cholesterol from your body.
Among the vegetables and fruits that are derived from the body of cholesterol, we can identify the most useful:
- Persimmon. Contained in it flavonoids, iodine and carotenoids help reduce the amount of lipids in the blood due to their rapid cleavage.
- Watermelon. Contains L-sitrulin, important for reducing cholesterol, it helps to expand the vessels and increase the clearance in them.
- Orange juice. Normalizes blood pressure and promotes the normalization of lipid metabolism in the body.
- Cranberry. Helps improve energy metabolism and the splitting of excess fat.
- Green tea. Promotes the assimilation of all types of lipids, reduces their level not only in the blood, but also in the liver.
- Bitter chocolate with a cocoa content of at least 70% contains phenols that reduce the volume of blood clots on the walls of the vessels.
- Oat bran, lowering the level of insulin, helps to normalize nutrition and fat metabolism.
The regular addition of any element from this list to the food makes it possible to significantly reduce the cholesterol indexes within 1-1.5 months, thereby improving the health of the person.
In addition to proper nutrition, you can resort to folk remedies that enhance the results of dieting. Among the substances cleansing the vessels, ginger is in the first place in the national recipes. In a mixture with walnuts and honey it is recommended to eat every day 1 tbsp. l. before eating. Such a dish will help not only cope with the problem of cholesterol, but also increase immunity, and also strengthen health in general.
Another popular recipe - tincture of garlic and lemon. For her, you need to take 1 lemon, 2 heads of garlic and 5 bay leaves. All this is chopped, pour 700 ml of vodka and put in a dark place for a couple of weeks. Then strain and take two times a day for 2 hours. l.
The cholesterol indicator is an important indicator of a person's health, which must be monitored and maintained at the proper level. Doing this is not difficult. It is necessary to understand food products and determine in which many cholesterol, and which lower in the blood this fat. Based on these findings, your diet, you can not worry about atherosclerosis.
Cholesterol is a very important and necessary material for our body. There is not a single organ where he is not present in one or another quantity. Naturally, such an important substance can not come only with food. Therefore, from the outside, we get only about 20% of cholesterol, the remaining 80% are synthesized directly in the body. So, even if you reduce the consumption of foods that are high in cholesterol by half, its body content will decrease by only 10%. The results of scientific research show that cholesterol levels are much stronger than fatty foods, and smoking and addiction to alcohol affect smoking. Acrolein contained in tobacco smoke blocks the processing of excess lipids in the liver, and ethanol increases the level of triglycerides - the building material of low-density lipoproteins ("bad" cholesterol). In addition, it is scientifically proven that in people who are sedentary and obese, the level of "bad" cholesterol is higher.
Therefore, if you want to reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood, follow these recommendations:
- Adjust the power. Eat more vegetables and fruits, replace potatoes and pasta with cereals, and sugar with dried fruits and honey. Eat foods that contain a lot of ballast substances: beans, peas, bread from bran flour.
- Control your weight. If you are overweight, contact a specialist (endocrinologist or nutritionist) to normalize it.
- Move more, increase physical activity, engage in physical education.
- Give up tobacco, minimize the use of alcohol.