Antibiotic against coughing. List of drugs
For many people, spring and autumn are associated with bouts of painful cough. In some, this protective reflex of the body appears as a symptom of an allergic reaction, in others - against a background of colds. Not wanting to go to the hospital, most people who suffer from coughing decide on their own to buy an antibiotic in the hope that it will help. Most often, this self-medication leads to dysbiosis and other disorders in the body, but the real problem remains unresolved. So let's try to figure out which one and when to use the antibiotic for cough and in what situations it is better not to use it.
What do you need to know?
Few bother to study the information about the disease, which struck them. And at the first cough, without understanding the causes of its occurrence, they run after the antibiotic and buy the one advised by a neighbor or girlfriend. This approach to treatment is totally unacceptable. If the doctor does not come to the plans for the next few days, you need to understand what caused the load on the larynx, and determine the nature of the cough. And only then go to the pharmacy, consult a pharmacist and buy the right medicine. But we will remind that the best variant will be, if the doctor will appoint or nominate an antibiotic at tussis and temperature.
By the amount of sputum cough is divided into productive (wet) and unproductive (dry). The first testifies that the inflammatory process no longer progresses and the mucus began to depart from the bronchi and lungs. However, cessation of treatment of the disease with such a cough is absolutely impossible. As for non-productive cough, it appears much more often and is a consequence of excessive irritation of the mucous respiratory tract. Such a symptom may appear as a result of mechanical effects on the throat or allergic reaction, as well as against a background of various diseases.
According to the nature of the manifestation, the cough can be short, continuous, paroxysmal, barking, periodic and hoarse.
Do I need an antibiotic for cough?
Doctors quite often prescribe antibacterial drugs with a productive and protracted dry cough. And sometimes such therapy can be aimed at preventing the occurrence of complications of the disease. However, there is a proven fact that both wet and dry cough antibiotics can not be cured if the disease has a viral etiology. In addition, the result of such therapy can be various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and the adaptation of bacteria to the drug, which further complicates treatment.
What antibiotics can be prescribed?
It should again be recalled that the doctor can choose the right antibiotic for coughing. It is the specialist who, after examining the patient, will assign a series of laboratory tests to determine the bacterial infection. And only after receiving the results of the study, he will prescribe an effective antibiotic for a particular case of cough.Patients with bacterial infection of the respiratory tract may be recommended a drug that is included in one of the four major groups. And the first position in this list is occupied by penicillins. All drugs of this group destroy the walls of bacteria, resulting in pathogenic microorganisms. The second position is occupied by antibiotics-cephalosporins. As for the third place in the list of frequently recommended antibacterial drugs, it belongs to macrolides. Finish the list of fluoroquinolones. Each of these groups will be considered in more detail.
It is also worth noting that antibacterial is not always required if coughing or treatment has appeared. Antibiotics are prescribed only in cases of bacterial infection.
Penicillins: a list of drugs
As the basis of all drugs in this category, penicillin is used. This active substance prevents the production of the pathogenic cell peptidoglycan, as a result of which it can not be renewed and quickly dies. Drugs penicillin series are constantly being improved by pharmacists, as many bacteria have adapted to this effect and have begun to produce the so-called antivenom - beta-lactamase. Modern penicillin antibiotics can destroy this protective substance of pathogenic microorganisms, without affecting the human cells.Most often from this group of drugs for cough appoint drugs:
- "Flemoxin Solutab
The chemical structure of all drugs in this group is 7-aminocephalosporinic acid. Features of the drugs are high bactericidal activity, a wide spectrum of action and a high resistance to beta-lactamases. Prescribe these antibiotics for coughing in children and adults in situations where treatment with penicillins has proved ineffective.
To date, cephalosporins for sensitivity to beta-lactamases and the spectrum of activity are divided into preparations of I, II, III and IV generations. The first group includes funds "Cephalexin "Cefazolin "Cephalotin etc., which have high antistaphylococcal activity.
Cephalosporins of the second generation are prescribed when the cause of the cough is penicillin-resistant strains. Most often used drugs "Cefaclor "Cefotiam "Cefuroxime etc.
As for cephalosporins of the third generation, which include such drugs as "Cefotaxime "Ceftazidime " "Ceftriaxone "Cefixim "Ceftributen etc., their spectrum of antimicrobial activity is much wider than that of of the above groups. To date, these drugs are prescribed often enough for both children and adults.
To the cephalosporins of the IV generation belong the means of "Tsefepim "Tsefpyrom etc.
Macrolides: action and list of drugsThe basis of the structure of these new generation antibiotics is the lactone macrocyclic ring. All drugs of this group are active not only to intracellular pathogens, such as chlamydia, mycoplasma and legionella, but also to gram-positive cocci. In addition, macrolides in comparison with other groups of drugs are the least toxic. Because these antibiotics when coughing in children are prescribed more often than others.
The list of such drugs is wide enough. Only a doctor can say with certainty what antibiotics to take when coughing in each particular case. Most often prescribed medicines:
- "Erythromycin etc.
Fluoroquinolones: a list of drugs
According to the spectrum of antibacterial action, the leader among all groups is undoubtedly fluoroquinolones. They are widely used in medical practice for the treatment of severe forms of ailments, and also have good compatibility with other medicines. But apart from the pluses they also have a lot of side effects. Therefore, these antibiotics are used for coughing in adults. Children are prescribed only in exceptional cases in limited doses, since the drugs of this group accumulate in bone tissue and are able to disrupt the development of cartilaginous tissue.
In diseases of the respiratory tract and their clinical manifestations (in particular, coughing), funds can be prescribed:
- "Ofloxacin etc.
How is the antibiotic selected?
Regardless of the age of the patient, the choice of an antibacterial drug should be approached competently. Even if all the signs of a bacterial infection on the face: body temperature over 38 ° C, pronounced leukocytosis and dyspnea, a long toxic course of the disease - sputum analysis should be submitted. Such a study will identify the pathogen and determine its sensitivity to drugs. Based on the results of the sowing, the doctor will be able to prescribe an effective antibiotic against coughing.
It would seem that everything is simple, but there are situations when the patient's health is rapidly deteriorating and there is no time to wait for the results of the study. In such cases, the doctor empirically determines which antibiotics for adults coughing can stop the infection. In this case, most often the patient is prescribed antibacterial preparation of a wide spectrum of action in the form of suspension, tablets or powder.However, it is worth repeating and saying that taking antibiotics without the appointment of a specialist can cause many health problems. Therefore, if a cough or other signs of an illness have started, you need to seek medical help urgently. Only such an algorithm of actions in the course of the development of the disease will help to quickly restore the state of health and prevent negative consequences without too much time and effort.
Names of the most popular antibiotics for coughCough and antibiotics for many people are closely interrelated. According to sociological polls and statistics, more than sixty percent of the population of our country after a few days of severe coughing begin to take antibiotics. At the same time, almost half of them do not consider it necessary to first visit a doctor. This terrible mistake can turn into serious health problems, because this symptom does not always require the taking of medications of this type. In order to understand in what cases strong medicines are needed, and in which there are not, you should know what diseases can be cured with their help.
Antibiotics for cough for which diseases are indicated for admissionIt should be noted immediately that the names of such drugs, as well as instructions for their use, do not contain any information about the fact that they help to heal from this symptom. Therefore, choosing a suitable medicine, it should be remembered that such a disease as coughing does not exist. This is just a symptom that can accompany various ailments. So, there are no names of antibiotics that help to cope with such a sign.
The cough medicine antibiotic helps cope with the disease only if it is bacterial. With viral infections, as well as colds, it is not advisable to take it.
Here is a list of diseases for which the doctor prescribes antibiotic drugs:
- Pneumonia. When pneumonia is ill, the patient is prescribed a cure for antibiotics of a wide range of action that successfully cough successfully. Similar means within five - seven days put in order lung tissues. With severe lung damage, injections or pills from cough antibiotics, can fight the main symptom and last longer. In this case the doctor considers it expedient to change them or prolong the course for another five to seven days.
- Tracheitis. At the initial stages, this disease is treated with anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as tablets and sprays, softening the mucous throat. However, if the disease does not recede within three to four days, the patient is prescribed antibiotics against cough and sore throat.
- Tonsillitis. With angina and cough, antibiotics are prescribed only if it is non-viral.
- Tuberculosis. This disease does not completely cure, but with proper treatment the condition of the body is maintained with the help of tablets and injections of antibiotics from cough.
Separately, we should say about the disease, like bronchitis. The bronchial asthma does not always require the use of such strong drugs. In some cases, the doctor decides on the need to prescribe only anti-inflammatory drugs. Antibiotics from bronchitis and cough apply for deep obstruction. Another example that confirms the need for their use is a strong chest cough with bronchitis, which also requires the intake of antibiotics.
Antibiotics for coughing the name
There are many medicines of this type. In the table below you can find the names of the most popular and common drugs of the antibiotic type.
Indications for use
Bronchitis, tonsillitis, inflammatory processes in the upper respiratory tract.
Pregnancy and lactation period, acute cardiac and renal insufficiency, gastritis and peptic ulcer, children under one year old.
Bronchitis and pneumonia.
Diseases of kidney and liver, children under 3 years of age, gastrointestinal diseases.
Respiratory diseases, tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia.
Pregnancy and lactation, diseases of the digestive tract, liver and kidneys, children under 12 years.
Bronchitis, tracheitis, pneumonia
Peptic ulcer and gastritis, impaired kidney and liver function, children under 3 years old.
Zi-factor (antibiotic for cough 3 tablets)
Tracheitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis.
Pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding, children under 18 years of age, serious diseases of the stomach, liver, kidneys.
We draw your attention to the fact that the information in the table is for information only. To prescribe antibiotics from a cough, the list of which is listed above, should only the doctor.
When antibiotics for cough and cold do not help?
Colds themselves do not require the use of strong drugs. They are treated with medicines, the action of which is directed to a certain symptom, for example, temperature or a cold. In more serious diseases, such as ARVI and influenza, as well as other viruses, the use of strong medicines means is also inexpedient, since they do not affect bacteria and microorganisms that are the causative agent infection. Drugs of this type are prescribed only if the flu or other virus causes complications.
Hello. tell me what antibiotics for cold and cough for adults
summed is an effective thing
Garlic! The best means you will not find.
ampicillin, levofloxacin, macropen, tetracyclines
Do not do it yourself, Detochka. Each tablet passes through the kidneys and liver. One heals, and the other cripples! Hot tea with lemon often, often or hot grape wine with sugar of the Glintwein type.
Contact your doctor (s). An antibiotic may not suit you. Of course, not a guarantee, and the doctor can appoint the wrong one, but ...
Antibiotics should appoint a doctor. They drink them strictly according to the scheme. If they are taken inadequately, bacteria can adapt to it (get used to) and the disease can go on into a chronic form. If you overdo it, you can earn a dysbacteriosis of the stomach, intestines, etc., and then months to set up a special. drugs, microflora.
Do you want to treat colds with antibiotics??? Bow!!! Gargles, warm vitaminized drink, fruit drinks, compotes, tea with lemon, raspberries, honey (if there is no temperature)! Socks on your feet! From a cough - it depends on what cough and because of what! If there is a runny nose, then most likely everything in the nose drains into the throat and further, hence the cough. So you need to treat your nose! If a cough comes from below (it is necessary that the doctor listen) - can both tracheitis and bronchitis... You need something expectorant (for example, Haliksol - such a syrup), you can try mother-and-stepmother to brew and take, as written on the package. Well, if all the same tracheitis, or God forbid, is worse - then antibiotics are more likely to be needed - the doctor should appoint - (we in such cases we usually take Sumamed - this is a strong antibiotic, but effective, its dosage is calculated based on your weight. )
And more, helps a lot of mustard powder - pour into socks and go all day (you can and night)!
Treated! Do not be ill!
P.S. Sumamed is taken 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after meals. (the most optimal in the morning - get up and take breakfast before breakfast and then in an hour you can eat).
Antibiotics - For colds (at the expense of a decrease in immunity, they will soon provoke its appearance, in general, something will heal), and so - simple prophylaxis - Frequent ventilation of the apartment, the use of multivitamins, beekeeping products (honey, propolis, pergah, pollen), garlic, onions, lemons for food, supplements of dietary supplements, frequent walks in the open air, general hardening - and you and your family will be under reliable protection, believe me - checked on my family and all my relatives and close.
Antibiotic for cough and temperature
Antibiotic for cough and temperature is not always prescribed. It should be prescribed by a doctor, since a strong drug instead of the expected benefit in some cases can harm the body.
When are antibiotics needed for cough and temperature?
In order to understand when to take antibiotics for cough and temperature, you should know that these drugs are antimicrobial and antibacterial. Their action can be directed to one or more groups of bacteria. Their main purpose is to reduce the growth of the number of microbes or cause their death. In this case, light anti-inflammatory drugs can cope with this task.
Antibiotics for cough and temperature are prescribed in the case of bronchitis or pneumonia. The first disease sometimes, it turns out, is cured without them. Therefore, antibiotic agents for bronchitis are indicated for use in the advanced stage of the disease, with severe obstruction, and also if the temperature does not go astray and lasts more than five days.
Cough with pneumonia requires mandatory intake of antibiotics. This disease is very dangerous and can lead to the development of pulmonary edema. Therefore, it is treated, as a rule, permanently. In addition to antibacterial drugs, patients are also prescribed antitussive medications aimed at excretion of sputum from the lungs.
When purulent or follicular angina patients are also prescribed antibiotics. At the same time, the temperature can remain high for five to six days, even if a strong antibacterial drug is taken. Cough in tonsillitis may be absent. If he does, there are no separate medicines to get rid of it, because it occurs because of severe persecution and scratching in the throat.
Temperature, cough, what antibiotic to take?Before talking about what antibiotics to take when coughing and fever, it should be explained that if the cause of these symptoms was a viral infection. After all, the substances contained in their composition are powerless in this situation.
With bronchitis, the patient is often prescribed "Amoxicilin" or "Azithromycin". The latter is also sold in pharmacies called "Z-factor". When pneumonia, tablets or injections of a wide spectrum of action are prescribed, for example, "Cephasaline" or "Sumamed". With deep tracheitis or non-viral tonsillitis, patients are prescribed "Flemoxin" or "Amoxiclav".
The names of antibiotics are given for reference only. Prescribe them should be a specialist in the field of medicine.
Is the use of antibiotics for children coughing justified?
Catarrhal diseases very often amaze the child not yet strengthened by the body. Cope with such an unpleasant manifestation of cold as cough, can only competently selected drugs, one of which are antibiotics. But in order to ensure a positive effect, you need to know how to apply them, in which case it is appropriate.
In what cases are appointed
Can I give antibiotics to children when I cough? At once it is necessary to note, that only a doctor can prescribe antibiotics for children with cough and cold. In this case, he takes into account the severity of the disease and the age of the patient. Prescribe such medications, it can in the form of suspension, tablets or injections. Positive effects after taking an antibiotic can be expected after a lapse of 2 days.If this did not happen, then the drug should be replaced with another one.The duration of therapy should not exceed a week.
When treating children's cough with antibiotics, it is very important to choose the right drugs, and when to give antibiotics to the child when coughing. For example, it is impossible to combine antibacterial preparations of the macrolith group with antihistamine medication. In addition, drugs for liquefying phlegm are unacceptable with drugs that suppress cough.
The effect of taking antibiotics can be observed only when they inflict damage on the form of the microflora, which is the cause of the defeat of the respiratory tract accompanying the cough.
In order to understand what kind of medicine will help the baby cope with this unpleasant symptom, it is worthwhile careful diagnostics, which will necessarily include sputum analysis with further planting for sensitivity to antibiotics. With the independent treatment of cough and antibiotics, it is possible to provoke a dysbacteriosis and addiction, which as a result will lead to difficulties in the treatment of childhood cough with antibacterial therapy.
The video tells about the use of antibiotics for children with cough:
It is advisable to administer antibiotics in cases when it is known that the cause of coughing is acute or chronic pleurisy, bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis. Following the rules presented, you can accurately understand when and in what situation without antibiotic in the treatment of child cough you can not do:
- Improvement of the cough does not occur after 2 weeks, that is, there is a protracted cough.
- The doctor diagnosed: Bacterial pneumonia or whooping cough.
- Manifestations of sinusitis do not pass after a lapse of 100 days or improve, but then deteriorate again.
- The baby leaves yellow-green mucus from the nose, and also when the temperature rises to 3 degrees, and it keeps for several days.
- The child has streptococcal infection, confirmed during the research. It is not necessary to prescribe antibiotic therapy until the exact presence of streptococcus is confirmed. In addition, it is very important to know the nature of this microorganism.
Read, than treat inflammation at home.
Here are the reasons why lays the ears.
Symptoms of inflammation of the middle ear in the baby: http://prolor.ru/u/simptomy-u/vospalenie-srednego-uxa.html.
For babies up to 1 year
Before assigning any specific drug, the doctor must conduct a diagnosis. In addition, antibiotic therapy for children of a certain age is different. Consider what antibiotics are allowed in the treatment of cough in patients under one year. Here is the list and title:
- Amoxicillin. This drug is part of a group of penicillins that have a wide spectrum of action. Used for coughing that occurred against the background of pneumonia, pharyngitis, otitis. Issue for children up to a year in the form of granules to obtain syrup. They must be dissolved in boiled water. For such babies, the dosage is ¼ dessert spoon. You can buy an antibiotic in a pharmacy for 150 rubles. Here you can read about the use of amoxicillin in angina in children.
- Augmentin. This preparation is available in the form of a powder for the preparation of a suspension. Due to the presence of the acid, Augmentin has a wide range of effects, it is used for prolonged coughing. Apply it in the treatment of the same diseases as in Amoxicillin. Do not administer to children until 3 months, otherwise it may cause allergies. The cost of the drug is 250 rubles.
- Zinatsef. This antibiotic is included in the groups of cephalosporins of the 2nd generation. Has a wide range of effects, it is indicated for pneumonia, frontal, maxillary sinusitis. Apply it only in the form of injections. Children are prescribed in a dosage of 30-100 mg weight. To perform the injection, you must first dilute the medicine with water. You can buy the drug for 130 rubles.
- Zinnat. This preparation is released in the form of granules for the preparation of a suspension. It is indicated for diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract, ENT organs. Do not give patients whose age has not yet reached 3 months. For 1 kg of the baby's weight, 10 mg of the drug is needed. On the day the baby must take the medicine 2 times. The price of the drug is 200 rubles.
- Suprax. It is an effective antibiotic, cefixime, designed to treat the infection of ENT organs, bronchitis. Do not give children up to 6 months. The dosage of the drug is 2-4 ml per 1 kg of body weight. The cost of the medicine is 500 rubles.
- Ceftriaxone. The drug is part of the group of cephalosporins of the 3rd generation. Produced in the form of injections for intramuscular and intravenous administration. It is not necessary to use for cough treatment in premature and newborn children with jaundice. For children up to 2 weeks of age, the dosage is 20-50 per kg of body weight. For older children - 20-75 mg. The therapeutic course is no less than 4 days. It is worth noting that the injections are very painful. For one ampoule will have to pay 19 rubles.
For patients of this age also have their own antibiotics, which effectively fight with a cough. The most effective are:
- Sumamed Forte. In the role of the active component is azithromycin. He is a member of the Azaleid group, and therefore has a wide spectrum of action. It is prescribed for otitis media, pharyngitis, pneumonia. Do not use for children younger than 6 months. Before taking the medicine, the vial should be shaken a little, and after taking it, give the baby a drink of water. Only so it will be easier for him to swallow all the granules. Children take the drug in the amount of 10 mg per 1 kg of weight once a day. The duration of therapy is 3 days. You can buy Sumamed Forte in a pharmacy for 230 rubles.
- Suprax- a drug that can be taken not only babies, but also older children. After 2 years, he is prescribed 5 ml each, and the dosage is divided into 2-3 doses. Granules must be diluted in boiled water.
- Flemoxin Solutab. Amoxicillin acts as an active component. Babies at the age of 2-3 years take the drug in an amount of 250 mg 3 times a day. The cost of an antibiotic is 250 rubles. Here the treatment of angina with the help of Flemoxin Solutab is described.
For those who are older
For older children, antibiotics in the treatment of cough are presented in a wider range, because such patients are already able to take tablets form antibacterial drugs.
This form of the drug for children is considered the most convenient and tasty. Antibiotics in the treatment of cough in children can be sold in the finished version or in the form of a powder for the preparation of syrup. When taking the medicine, it is very important to strictly observe the dosage indicated in the instructions or prescribed by the doctor.
For the treatment of cough in older children, the pediatrician can prescribeAugmentin. You can buy the drug in powder form. Antibiotic refers to a combination of drugs that have a wide range of effects. It contains components such as amoxicillin and clavulanate. The first of these is considered universal, since it can affect a variety of microbes. As for clavulence, it does not allow microbes to reproduce.
Very actively for the treatment of cough in children in the elderly is usedSumamed, presented in the form of a powder. It also has a wide range of effects, and in the role of the active component, it is azithromycin. The main advantage of this medication is that it can not only kill microbes, but also prevent them from multiplying in the future. Use Sumammed is necessary only if the weight of the baby has reached 10 kg.
To treat cough in older children can use antibacterial drugs in the form of tablets.Assign them to children, whose age is more than 4 years, since they can already swallow independently.But such drugs, as a rule, have a bitter taste, so it is necessary to resort to small tricks so that the baby agrees to accept them. For example, the tablet is ground, and the resulting powder is mixed with honey or jam, which interrupt any bitterness.
In such a situation, when the benefits of therapy exceed possible harm, the doctor can prescribe the drug Flemoxin Solutab.
Amoxicillin trihydrate acts as the main component. The antibiotic has a wide range of effects, and it is prescribed for the treatment of a cough caused by diseases of the upper respiratory tract. The necessary dose of medicine is prescribed by the doctor, taking into account the severity and nature of the ailment. Since Flemoxin has bitterness, the tablet of the drug must be dissolved in the juice.
The next effective cough drug isBiseptol. It is often prescribed for the treatment of colds in children. In the role of the main component are sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. Thanks to these elements, the antibiotic becomes a combined antimicrobial medication. Has a wide range of influence. It can be used by children from the age of 3, but in some cases it can be prescribed to patients from 2 years of age.
Treating a child's cough is a very important process, especially when it comes to choosing an antibiotic. The main mistake of many doctors is the use of antibacterial drugs in such cases when it is possible to do with other medications. For this reason, the baby must pass all the tests, and only then the doctor will be able to determine the appropriateness of prescribing antibacterial therapy. For cough treatment, children also use dry infant cough medicine, compresses from children's cough, here you will find instructions on how to use chest cough.
Do antibiotics for children cough?
Do antibiotics for children cough? This question worries many parents. With the beginning of the autumn and winter season, almost all begin to suffer from bouts of painful cough. And basically in a drugstore choose antibiotics thanks to which it is possible to forget about this symptom for a long time. But there are cases when such treatment does not always give a positive result. Sometimes they do more harm than good.
Different types of cough
Cough is a symptom that appears after or before the onset of the inflammatory process of the airways or lungs.Children suffer from such a disease in the autumn or winter. But it should be noted that coughing can occur not because of illness, but as a consequence of an incorrect diagnosis. In our time, medical workers, depending on the frequency of manifestation, distinguish several types of cough. So:
- With bronchitis in children, you can observe a periodic cough, and if pleurisy begins to develop, then a specific dry with perspiration occurs.
- With a barking cough, the larynx irritates.
- A sour cough occurs as a result of inflammation of the vocal cords, or even attacks that are a consequence of whooping cough.
- The most common is an allergic cough, it can be determined directly by the method of elimination.
- Still it would be desirable to note a cough which can arise because of hit in a throat of a foreign body.
When is it necessary to give antibiotics to children when coughing? It is worth remembering that if there is a mechanical damage to the larynx or a disease that is associated with viruses, then with a strong cough, antibiotics will not help. And even, according to experts, they can do harm, as the microflora of the intestine will break, the kidneys and liver will malfunction. And still there can be an unpleasant consequence or investigation of the weakened or easied immunity - a dysbacteriosis. Therefore, it is not necessary to give antibiotics to the child alone, it is better to seek help from a specialist who will prescribe medicines intended specifically for children. Basically, pediatricians prescribe antibacterial drugs for treatment:
- acute chronic bronchitis;
- diseases caused by bacteria.
If a child has acute bronchitis, then with a dry cough, the antibiotic will not help. In this case, it is necessary to use drugs with a narrow focus, which are assigned after completion of a complete examination: study of sputum and determine the reaction of the body to antibiotics from dry cough. If dry cough is a symptom of one of the above diseases, then effective treatment can be achieved, as sputum evacuation will improve and the cough reflex will decrease.
Effective antibiotics for children coughingHere is a list of antibiotics that children recommend:
- Aminopenicillins. Due to their composition, such preparations can destroy the walls of bacteria and thereby contribute to their death. True, there are contraindications, in particular, it is not recommended to take them to those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, there are kidney diseases or there is an allergic reaction to individual Components.
- Tetracycline negatively affects the synthesis of protein. Most doctors prescribe Doxycycline. Such a drug should not be given to children under 8 years old who have liver problems.
- Macrolides are a less toxic group of antibiotics and thus provide an antimicrobial effect. Pediatricians most often appoint "Azithromycin" and "Roxithromycin". These drugs have contraindications: they can not be administered to patients with a problem liver and those who have intolerance to individual components of the drug.
- Fluoroquinolones are a group of antibiotics that can resist the formation of new pathogens. The most common drug is "Levofloxacin it can not be prescribed to children suffering from epileptic seizures, allergies. "Moxifloxacin" is not prescribed to those who have an allergic reaction to certain components and children under 8 years old.
Rules for taking antibioticsTo effectively take antibacterial drugs, you must follow certain rules:
- The course of treatment is maximum 7-9 days.
- In strict order, try to observe the interval of taking the drug, this is necessary in order to maintain the concentration level of the drug in the blood.
- If the effect is not observed within 48 hours, it is necessary to replace the drug with another drug.
- All orders of the doctor should be strictly observed. In no case should you stop taking the medicine after a marked improvement in the child's condition. The course of antibiotics must be completed completely.
In no case do not self-medicate, especially it is necessary to be cautious with antibiotics.
In especially severe cases, parents can not independently establish a diagnosis, even if they read a large amount of literature: only a qualified specialist can do this.Antibiotics are not always able to solve the whole problem, as some children suffer from allergic reactions and it becomes necessary to pass an antihistamine course of treatment in addition. After the termination or ending of therapy of the child it is necessary to accept tablets against a dysbacteriosis.
If the child had to be taken to the hospital, the health workers should definitely take a sputum analysis, thanks to which it is possible to apply the correct antibiotic treatment. Additionally, analyzes are made to exclude allergies to the drug.
Allergies can be internal and external. Therefore, it is undesirable to avoid this kind of research, even if it was already conducted several months ago: children's allergic reactions can occur quite unpredictably.
If your child becomes worse after taking prescribed medications, immediately stop taking medication and seek help from a specialist.
The manifestation of a cough can be alleviated on its own, for this it is necessary to do the following:
- Gargle with a solution of water with the addition of baking soda.
- You can carry out inhalations with the help of a nebulizer with the addition of essential oils, such as eucalyptus and mint.
- You can lubricate the child with the throat "Lugol".
- To conduct rinsing with sea buckthorn oil or to grease them with a throat.
If cough is treated with antibiotics, then you should give your child plenty of drink, as this contributes to the separation sputum and thereby helps to remove harmful substances from the child's body, which, in turn, contributes to rapid recovery.
If there is nowhere to do a sputum examination, the doctor prescribes to the patient antibiotics of a wide spectrum of action, which include "Flemoklav" and "Amoxil".
Remember: once the treatment course is completed, it is mandatory to help the child restore the microflora of the body.
In the end I wanted to pay attention to the list of antibiotics that are prescribed for children.
- During the cough: "Amoxiclav "Augmentin "Ampiox "Cefazolin "Cefotaxime "Tsefpyrom "Roxithromycin "Azithromycin "Clarithromycin."
- During colds and colds: Ampicillin, Levofloxacin, Amoxicillin, Moximac, Flemoxin, Solutab, Zinnat, Amoxiclav, Avelox.
It is forbidden to prescribe to children: Doxycycline, Tetracycline, Minocycline, Pefloxacin, Ofloxacin, Levomycetin..
Remember that in 90% of cases, cough is a symptom of acute respiratory infections. And they are not treated with antibiotics, because during the respiratory diseases such drugs can cause their repeated formation of diseases.
Injections with bronchitis adults from cough: antibiotics and hot prick (calcium gluconate)
The injections from bronchitis to adults are rarely prescribed, with especially severe forms of the disease or when there is no possibility to take antibiotics orally.
Currently, injections of cough are almost not used, including because all the drugs are in the form of tablets.
Only the doctor will be able to determine whether the patient needs injections of bronchitis.
Treatment of acute bronchitis
In most cases, the disease in adults appears suddenly. After a few hours or 24 hours a person has a wet cough and sputum, inflammation of the mucous membranes of the bronchi begins.
Acute bronchitis is formed due to such negative factors:
- bacteria and viruses,
- an unfavorable ecological situation,
- severe hypothermia of a person.
Bronchial and viral bronchitis, most often occurs after ARI.As a rule, acute bronchitis, which does not have complications, is treated on an outpatient basis. Hospitalization is indicated for cardiovascular diseases, problems with the lungs and in old age in conjunction with chronic ailments.
Therapy of acute form of bronchitis in adults involves the use of temperature-lowering agents, and mustard plasters are placed on the sternum.
From medicines it is necessary to apply those that effectively dilute sputum, as well as anti-inflammatory drugs:
- Acetylsalicylic acid.
Antibiotics are necessary without fail, if there is purulent sputum.
An enormous role is played by drugs with expectorant action in the treatment of the disease. Among them there are the most effective:
Preparations for the treatment of chronic bronchitis
If the bronchial tubes become inflamed annually, there is a list of concomitant symptoms and the condition is observed for more than three months, then doctors diagnose a person with chronic bronchitis and prescribe antibiotics.
Inflammation of the bronchi in adults can be non-infectious or infectious, in any case there is:
- secretion of thick sputum (mucus),
Chronic bronchitis is an ailment of adults that is rarely diagnosed in children.
The disease is divided into primary and secondary bronchitis. The primary form of the disease is not associated with previous lesions of the lungs. The secondary form acts as a complication of an already existing lung function disorder, it is a question of pneumonia and lesions of the bronchi or trachea.
To treat chronic bronchitis in adults is necessary in a comprehensive manner, which implies the use of various medications and procedures:
- use of medicines,
- physiotherapeutic procedures,
- sanation of the lungs,
- healthy lifestyle.
The cause of the disease is viral or bacterial damage to the mucous membrane, as well as irritation with mechanical particles, dust or chemicals.
Doctors often note focal lesions of the lungs and bronchi. Therapy significantly improves the situation, but bronchitis can constantly progress and change the stage.
At first the disease can be in long periods of remission, then they are shortened. If a person is not treated, then in a few years there will be a respiratory failure, and in fact it was possible to do inhalations with bronchitis, and do not run so sick.
All drugs have their own categories:
- fortifying preparations: calcium gluconate, nutritional supplements and vitamins.
Antiviral and antibacterial agents are shown during exacerbation, as well as purulent phenomena in the bronchi and when the temperature rises.
If, prior to initiation of therapy, the patient has not been given an antibioticogram - a test for the sensitivity of bacteria to the antibiotic, then penicillin is administered intramuscularly.
Antibiotics are effective against pneumococci and hemophilic rod. If an antibioticogram is done, then one of the following drugs is prescribed:
Classical dosage of drugs is, - 2 g per day. In addition, Rondomycin is administered in an amount of, g per day. Antibiotics are combined with sulfonamides.The patient may take drugs in the form of injections or injections, which option is preferable - the doctor decides on the basis of the features of the course of the disease. Injections of bronchitis in adults can be done both in a hospital setting and in a treatment room.
Antibiotics are used for as long as the doctor decides, based on the condition of the person and the stage of the disease. As a rule, recovery occurs in 10-12 days. Together with this, you can take bronchodilators.
Obstructive chronic bronchitis occurs when ordinary bronchitis does not pass despite treatment. This complication is characterized by shortness of breath and changes in bronchial tissue.
Antibiotics in this case show less effect, because in the bronchi there is a change mechanical properties of tissues and their structure, as a result of which the volume of mucus increases and appears bronchospasm.
Obstructive chronic bronchitis is subsequently complicated by hypertension or emphysema of the lungs.
Disease in neglected form is life-threatening. To increase the resistance of the body, the doctor can prescribe drugs:
- Potassium orotate,
Anti-inflammatory effect is possessed by Presocil and Sodium Salicite. The general strengthening and stimulating effect is provided by: Ascorutin, Ascorbic acid and Galaxorbin.
In the treatment of bronchitis, these agents are used, which have resorptive functions, for example:
- extract of aloe,
- vitreous body,
- calcium gluconate,
- FIBS preparation (extract with coumarins and cinnamic acid).
It is important to know which adaptogens have a positive effect, it is a tincture of magnolia vine, ginseng and pantocrine.
There are bronchodilators that are used if there is asthma that does not respond to bronchospasmolytic therapy:
When obstructive bronchitis is prescribed corticosteroids, which is especially important when there is an asthmatic syndrome.
Hydrocortisone should be taken intravenously, the first dose - 125 mg per day. After improvement, the dose is reduced by 25 mg every 2-3 days.
When bronchitis is often used calcium gluconate intravenously, as an auxiliary. It has the following functions:
- improves the transmission of nerve impulses,
- normalizes the work of the heart muscle,
- participates in contractions of smooth muscles,
- helps maintain blood clotting,
- reduces vascular permeability.
Calcium gluconate also has side effects:
- necrosis in the area of injection,
- digestive disorders.
When calcium gluconate is administered, several conditions must be observed. Contraindicated "hot" prick, the temperature of the ampoule should be at room temperature. Calcium gluconate is administered intramuscularly or intravenously. All you need to know about bronchitis is in the video in this article.