Treatment of pneumonia in an adult
Diseases of the respiratory system have a high risk for humans. One such common pathology is pneumonia, which causes inflammation of the lung tissue and irreversible changes in it. To avoid oxygen starvation of tissues, the disease must necessarily start on time to treat.
How to treat pneumonia at home in adults
Pneumonia often has a viral nature, but even in other cases, it is joined by bacterial infection, so adults are required to perform antibiotic therapy, appointing 1-2 drugs Simultaneously. The treatment standards take into account several factors:
- type of pneumonia;
- volume of damage to lung tissue;
- state of health and age of the patient;
- concomitant diseases of the heart, kidneys or lungs.
Adults prescribe antibiotics for pneumonia, taking into account their age, and even with negligible the effectiveness of a single drug does not change it within 3 days or until a sputum test is decoded patient. For the treatment of pneumonia use modern popular drugs under the names:
- Ceftriaxone. As a form of release, white powders are used for the preparation of injections. The course of treatment of pneumonia is determined by the doctor depending on the degree of severity. For an adult, the dose is 1-2 g daily. A solution for injections is prepared from 500 mg of the drug and 2 ml of a 1% solution of lidocaine, and for the droppers 5 ml of sterile water are used. The price is from 25 rubles, it is sold by prescription.
- Sephpotek. Antibiotic, also allowed a child with 12 years. Effective in the treatment of pneumonia and other respiratory tract infections. Adults need to take 200 mg - 1 tablet, with an interval of 12 hours. End the course of treatment is necessary in 2 weeks. Price from 120 rub.
- Sumamed. In addition to tablets, it is available as a powder or lyophilizate. It is indicated for infectious and inflammatory diseases, including respiratory tract. From pneumonia, you need to take 500 mg of the drug per day treatment course, equal to 3 days. The price from 520 r.
Folk treatment of pneumonia in adults is effective in combination with taking medications if therapy is done at home. To do this, you can use the following recipes:
- Decoction of raisins. Rinse, art. Dark raisins, pass it through the meat grinder. Gulf a glass of boiling water, soak under the lid for about 10 minutes. To treat inflammation of the lungs with such a decoction it is necessary, drinking on, art. daily.
- "Milk" milk. Prepare 3 dried white figs. Heat the milk, pour the fruit, cook over a small fire for about half an hour. To treat pneumonia, drink 2 glasses a day until symptoms improve.
- Nastoy on the nuts. Take 500 ml of dry red wine. Fill them with 50 g of peeled nuts. Strew the remedy on a low heat for about a quarter of an hour. Eat 1 tbsp each. before each meal.
To begin with, it is recommended that you change your position frequently in bed and do not lie on your side, which hurts. After 3-4 days, when the acute period of the disease is already behind, you can begin respiratory gymnastics, for which you lie on your back and put your hands on your stomach. You need to exhale after a deep breath, but do it slowly, straining your abdominal muscles. Approaches should be at least 5 per day, each of which includes 15 reps. It is recommended to use LFK and for the prevention of pneumonia.
Features of treatment of pneumonia
Treatment of pneumonia in an adult depends on many factors, the first of which is the type of this disease. Therapy for the elderly is mandatory in the hospital, otherwise the decision is made by the doctor. The algorithm of treatment consists of several stages. First pneumonia is diagnosed, then the focus of inflammation is eliminated with antibiotics. Next, additional medications are prescribed for the remaining signs of the disease.
In adults this form arises more often than others and is divided into right-sided and left-sided. A particular species is bilateral, when lesions are present in both lungs. Treatment of pneumonia in an adult is carried out permanently with the use of antibiotics, physiotherapy, inhalations and elimination of allergic reactions. With a one-sided or bilateral form, you need to ensure the correct position of the patient - semi-sitting to improve the performance of the lungs.
Viruses, bacteria or fungi and parasites lead to the viral form. The first two days for the treatment of pneumonia for an adult are prescribed to take antiviral drugs, such as Tamiflu or Ingavirin in the influenza nature and Acyclovir in the causative agent causing varicella. In addition to these medicines, the patient is prescribed antipyretic, analgesic and cough suppressants that help to sputum. Antibiotics are prescribed only with the addition of bacterial infection.
This type of pneumonia is also called focal. It develops against the background of bronchitis, therefore it is especially dangerous due to its consequences - pleuropneumonia, abscess and even gangrene, therefore the methods of treatment are chosen only by a doctor. Antibiotics become mandatory in therapy, and they are chosen according to the degree of influence on the intestinal microflora. Ecoantibiotics are often used. In addition, adults are treated with drugs that dilute, excrete phlegm and restore the immune system.
The most serious of all is the atypical form, because it is caused by atypical pathogens and often there is such pneumonia in an adult without temperature. The insidious disease is also due to the fact that it has a latent period when the symptoms are practically absent. Antibiotics are often unable to cope with the manifestations of this type of pneumonia, so an adult is prescribed immunoglobulins and special procedures for sucking out fluid in the lungs. Treatment is complemented by a complex of vitamins and antipyretic.
Another complex form of pneumonia is the radical one. It is difficult to diagnose, because the symptoms are similar to tuberculosis and central lung cancer. Drugs for treatment are prescribed immediately after diagnosis, with several drugs at the same time, that the condition was relieved in 2-3 days and the patient could be prescribed heating and exercise therapy.
Treatment of pneumonia in the hospital
Indications for hospitalization are deterioration of the patient's condition or inability to apply the necessary drugs at home. With timely treatment, relief comes in 2-4 days, but possible complications increase the duration of stay in the hospital to 10 days, and often up to 4 weeks. The patient is given injections or drips with antibiotics, then physiological saline is injected in the same way to detoxify the body. In combination with these drugs, adults are prescribed expectorant and antipyretic agents.
How much is pneumonia treated?
Treatment of community-acquired pneumonia in adults is done at home and takes 7 to 10 days. It adds a period for the restoration of the body, which can take from 1 to several months. The same amount can be used to fight chronic pneumonia. The duration of treatment depends on the timeliness of therapy. In addition, the effectiveness of the selected drugs is also important. Inpatient therapy has an average duration of 9-10 days with severe form. Stagnant pneumonia can be cured in 20-25 days.
Video about respiratory gymnastics with pneumonia
How to treat pneumonia in adults
Inflammation of the lungs (pneumonia) in both adults and children and the elderly requires timely adequate treatment, because otherwise it can lead to the development of severe complications. Correct treatment of this disease can be prescribed only by a doctor, after examining the patient and conducting the necessary studies.
Treatment of pneumonia with antibiotics
Antibiotic therapy is prescribed taking into account the conducted microscopic studies. In the event that microscopy or sowing were not performed, the patient is selected antibiotics, focusing on his age, epidemiological factors and severity of the disease.
In adults, this disease is treated in accordance with the concept of the so-called "stepwise therapy which implies a two-stage application of antibiotics. At the same time, as soon as possible, there is a transition of the introduction of the drug from the parenteral to the non-parenteral route (usually oral, ie through the mouth).
If a patient has pneumonia, the doctor, before giving him treatment, will determine the severity of his condition. As a rule, all people who have symptoms of pneumonia are divided into several groups.
- The first group includes patients younger than 60 years who do not have severe concomitant pathologies, and the disease proceeds without complications. Their treatment takes place at home under the supervision of a local doctor. Of antibiotics, they are usually prescribed drugs from the group of penicillins or macrolides.
- The second group includes patients older than 60 years who have comorbid pathologies (hypertension, diabetes, chronic alcoholism, renal or heart failure, etc.). To treat pneumonia in such patients is accepted antibiotics, belonging to the group of protected aminopenicillins, as well as third generation cephalosporins. It is best to treat not at home, but in the hospital, to avoid the development of complications.
- The third group includes people of any age in whom the disease is severe and there is a high risk of complications. In order to assess the severity of the patient's condition, the doctor draws attention to the following symptoms: shortness of breath, cyanosis, confusion, tachycardia, hypotension and a temperature above 39 degrees.
Regardless of whether the out-of-hospital or nosocomial pneumonia is involved, the patient should be hospitalized or transferred to the pulmonology department. For therapy, drugs belonging to the group of fluoroquinolones (ofloxacin, ciprofloxacin) are used. It is necessary to identify the pathogen that caused pneumonia.
Pathogenetic and symptomatic treatment
Symptomatic therapy of pneumonia in adults is aimed at alleviating and eliminating its main symptoms. So, when the temperature rises above 3 degrees, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nimesil, aspirin, indomethacin, Nurofen) are used. Used thinning sputum and facilitating her expectoration of the drug (marshmallow, licorice, ambroxol, lazolvan, solvine, fluimitsil, fluditik, haliksol, ATSTS, Mukaltin and bromhexine).
For the purpose of detoxification therapy, the patient, if necessary, may be given intravenous fluid injection, for example, haemodesis. Also, the patient may be prescribed antihistamines, drugs that simulate local and general immunity, ascorbic acid and B vitamins. In severe cases, cardiac glycosides, analeptics, etc. are used.
Physiotherapy, which is performed in adult patients, can reduce inflammation, as well as restore the ventilation function of the lungs. This treatment promotes the acceleration of resorption of the inflammatory infiltrate, reduction of the bronchial obstruction, activation of alveolar-capillary transport and increase in the level of nonspecific resistance organism.
With pneumonia, you need to be treated not only with medication, but also with the help of physiotherapy exercises. Simple exercises are a good prevention of complications. Beginning to practice is recommended already from the first days of illness. At first the patient should change position in bed more often.
Do not lie on the side that hurts, it is better to change position more often, lying down on a healthy side and on the back. For 3-4 days you need to begin respiratory gymnastics. For this, the patient must lie down, put his hands on his stomach and take a deep breath. Exhale should be slow, while pulling the abdominal muscles. Repeat this exercise should be 15 times 5 times a day. It is possible to supplement such breathing exercises with other movements, for example, with tilts and rotation of the trunk.
Care and NutritionIf the patient is at home, then he should be carefully looked after. If he sweats, you need to change the bed linen and bed linen. It is worthwhile to provide the patient with a special spittoon where he will expectorate sputum.
The room in which it is located should be regularly ventilated and held in it by wet cleaning. The person should have personal hygiene items and cutlery. If he has signs of complications, it is worthwhile again to see a doctor.
The food should be high in calories, but it is necessary to exclude from the diet difficult to digest products (for example, too fatty). Every day you need to eat fruits and vegetables. Abundant drink will help to increase the excretion of phlegm and prevent the development of dehydration against the background of high temperatures. The patient should drink about three liters a day, alkaline mineral water, fruit juices and various fruit drinks will suit.
Those who are treated at home often use various folk remedies, having consulted their doctor in advance. You can use, for example, a decoction of raisins. For its preparation, half a glass of dark raisins are passed through a meat grinder, poured a glass of boiling water and pressed on fire for 10 minutes. Then decoction is filtered, squeezed and drunk three times a day until recovery.
And also the treatment with folk remedies often includes the use of a decoction of figs. To make it, you need to pour a couple of dried figs with a glass of cold milk and boil on low heat for 15 minutes. The received drink should be taken a glass a couple of times a day. Folk remedies for poorly departing sputum are hazelnuts, which the patient can eat in large quantities.
Duration of treatment
Many patients are interested in the question of how long the treatment lasts. In each case, the duration of therapy is determined by the doctor individually. If there are no complications, then taking antibiotics continues for another three days after the temperature normalization.
Inflammation of the lungs: the main measures of treatment at home
Inflammation of the lungs or pneumonia is a serious and dangerous disease. It has an infectious nature, with improper treatment or lack of it can lead to serious complications, up to a lethal outcome, and, of course, requires consultation with a physician in the process treatment.
Pneumonia in children and people over 65 requires mandatory hospitalization.If you refused to go to the hospital and plan to be treated at home, then you need to know some rules that will help to successfully cope with this disease.
Treatment at home of pneumonia in adults lasts approximately10-14 days,a severe form will require at least 21 days of treatment.A similar situation with treatment in children. Consultation with a doctor is still necessary, because pneumonia requires complex treatment, primarily with antibiotics, correctly pick up which, given your condition, age, individual sensitivity to the drugs, the causative agent that caused the inflammation, can only specialist.
How to treat pneumonia in the home with folk remedies
Folk remedies are very effective as an additional treatment for pneumonia in the home, and we will dwell on them in more detail.
- Bed rest, regular airing of the room.
Clearing the respiratory tract from sputum. This is a very important aspect, contributing to a speedy recovery.
The main drug that can be used at home is inhalationwith pneumonia. In this case, you can use either a special inhaler purchased at a pharmacy, or use a saucepan or kettle by making a paper funnel on it.
Very effective inhalation with decoction of leaves of eucalyptus, sage, mint, chamomile, calendula, essential oils. You can alternate them with saline-alkaline inhalations (salt and soda in equal proportions).
However, inhalation should be used with caution: they are not recommended for high temperature and the presence of cardiovascular diseases.
For expectoration use the juice of black radish with honey, onion juice with sugar.
A well-proven cough remedy is boiled milk with butter and honey.
- To relieve the symptoms of intoxication (which often accompanies pneumonia) are well suitedtea from a dogrose, broth of mother-and-stepmother(2 spoons of leaves on a glass of water).
- Gorciniks with pneumonia and cans- their use promotes warming of tissues, resorption of inflammatory processes, strengthening of protective mechanisms of the immune system. However, it should be remembered that their use is contraindicated at high temperature and within 24 hours after its normalization, skin diseases, oncology, pregnancy.
Breathing exercises- it is necessary for bed rest to prevent the reduction of lung function. She needs to be engaged from the moment of temperature decrease and it is possible to do it directly in bed. The easiest and most effective way is to use an inflatable toy.
A good addition is a massage(nose area, thoracic region). Massage with pneumonia does not require special training, and it can be done by any of the family members of the patient: it is necessary to do stroking, rubbing the chest (immediately the front part from the bottom up, then from the back for 10-15 minutes daily, starting from 4-5 days after the start of treatment (ie, when the acute period of inflammation is already passed).
A very important component of successful treatment is adherence to the correct diet under pneumonia, water balance.
- A mandatory condition is the use of a large amount of liquid (at least two liters per day). This helps to remove toxic substances from the body.
- Useful broths of medicinal plants (mother-and-stepmother, chamomile, oregano, black elderberry, plantain leaves, pine buds) and their use as tea.
- The food should be light, diet. This is due to the fact that the organism spends a lot of energy during the period of illness to fight the pathogen, and digesting high-calorie food is additional energy expenditure.
How to treat pneumonia in the initial stage?The initial stage of the disease is often accompanied by a decrease in appetite. This is normal, do not overly "stuff" the patient, make him eat. In such periods it is best to confine yourself to fruit, fresh juices, compotes, in the initial stages recovery can be added to the diet of chicken broths, light soups, sour-milk products, boiled meat or fish, vegetables. Eat more often, but little by little.
Better to exclude from the diet until the recovery of products such as salt, sugar, fatty meat and dairy products, avoid fried foods, bakery and confectionery products, spicy sauces.
Also, you should take care of the intestinal microflora during antibiotic treatment and use sour-milk products - kefir, yoghurts.
Hygiene of the oral cavity.
During the period of the disease it is recommended, in addition to the standard procedure for cleaning teeth, rinse the mouth and throat with a solution of baking soda, decoctions of herbs (sage, chamomile, calendula).
Use of antipyretics.
It should be noted that viruses in the body die precisely at a high temperature (above 38 degrees), so antipyretic drugs should be given to patients only if fever is poorly tolerated, otherwise it is better to suffer - this is a guarantee of speedy recovery. Antipyretics, like antibiotics, should be taken as prescribed by the doctor.
Do not hurt.
A serious obstacle to a successful recovery may be a mistaken belief that with pneumonia it is necessary to steak properly. This in any case can not be done. Elevated body temperature is in itself a great test for the cardiovascular system, so do not create additional stresses for it.
Also, during the illness, pneumonia can not be smoked, drink alcohol, carry the disease on your feet, take a bath, shower in the presence of temperature.
Not for the benefit during the treatment of the sick heat and stuffiness in the room, dry air, dust - all this contributes to the drying up of phlegm and prevents the body from fighting infection.
Thus, in order to cope with the inflammation of the lungs at home, it is necessary to consult a doctor on time, take antibiotics prescribed by him, provide the patient with bed rest, proper care, diet and copious drinking, carefully monitor his condition to prevent complications..
How to get rid of pneumonia folk remedies
Pneumonia refers to pneumonia. This disease is one of the most serious infectious diseases. Pneumonia takes on an alarming scale, if both lungs are affected, this condition in common speech is called bilateral pneumonia.
Sesame seeds are a valuable folk remedy in the treatment of pneumonia. The infusion of seeds can be done by soaking 15 grams of seeds in 250 ml of water. This infusion in the form of a folk remedy for the treatment of pneumonia is taken by mixing it with a tablespoon of flaxseed oil, a pinch of table salt, and a dessert spoonful of honey. This folk remedy will help to remove catarrhal inflammations and sputum from bronchioles.
Garlic is a wonderful folk remedy for the treatment and prevention of pneumonia, if it is given in sufficient quantities. Garlic reduces the temperature, as well as the pulse and respiration rate for forty-eight hours. Garlic paste can also be applied externally, applying a compress on the chest.
Such a folk remedy is not only useful, but also delicious. Carrot juice, either in combination with spinach juice, or beetroot juice and cucumber, may also be useful in the treatment of pneumonia. You need 200 ml of spinach juice or 100 ml of beetroot juice and cucumber mix with 300 ml of carrot juice to prepare as a result 500 ml or half a liter of a mixture of juices. Such a folk remedy for pneumonia will suit both an adult and a child.
This method to many readers helped to get rid of pneumonia and clean the lungs of mucus. Take a glass of whole grains of oats (preferably unwashed), drink it, a liter of milk and evaporate over low heat, stirring, to half the volume. Then the oats are wiped through a sieve. In the end, it turns out about half a glass of liquid (color coffee with milk) gruel. It tastes sweet. These half a cup of gruel should be drunk at a time before meals. Prepare such a drug and take 3 times a day.
Cake from grains can be washed through a sieve with milk and this liquid is drunk (in severe cases). The remains of the cake are thrown away.
After about a week, the lungs will begin to purify themselves of mucus. It occurs in the form of a strong and prolonged cough for 20-30 minutes. Those who seriously suffered from pneumonia, can get away green sputum in the form of compressed pieces. It is important to remember that if you suffer from constipation, lung disease is their consequence. Be sure to remove constipation
round dance helps a lot
In the evening, gather the whole village around the fire and sing songs! !
It will save you
only in the hospital and otherwise you can die!
♥ ღ HOSTAGE ღ ♥
There are no such means, alas... only drugs will help
Pneumonia is a serious disease, folk remedies will not help. Treat medicamentously
Breathing exercises with the use of medicine.
Treatment of pneumonia with folk remedies
The causes of pneumonia, called pneumonia, can be different, ranging from infection to inhalation of harmful substances. There are cases when the disease manifests itself as a result of prolonged bed rest. It is important to comply with all the requirements of the doctor and additionally treat pneumonia with folk remedies. If the first symptoms are found, to avoid complications, call a doctor.
How to treat pneumonia with folk remedies?
To resort to home methods of fighting the disease should only after the doctor determines pneumonia. The effectiveness of folk treatment is only in combination with the therapy prescribed by a specialist. In this case, the use of such methods should be carried out under the supervision of a physician.
Folk remedies for garlic and onions from pneumonia
The most common ingredients that help fight lung inflammation are onions and garlic. Here are some useful recipes.
- Shredded garlic (three hundred grams) put in a container and close the lid.
- After half an hour, take the juice that has emptied the gruel (two hundred grams) and add a liter of cahors.
- Leave to infuse for two weeks.
- Filter and pour the juice into a glass bottle. It can take a long time to store it.
- Take an acute disease for a large spoon once an hour.
Onion and milk broth:
- Finely chopped onions (two pieces), pour a glass of milk and cook for five minutes. Insist means four hours.
- Take, pre-filtered, on a spoon once every three hours.
- Store in a glass container, put in the refrigerator.
For the treatment of chronic pneumonia, you can use the following folk recipe:
- Press the juice of one onion together with the same amount of honey.
- Take a small spoon before eating.
How to treat pneumonia with folk remedies with the help of compresses?
The most proven means for pneumonia is the application of mustard plasters. However, there are many recipes for other procedures.
- Cottage cheese (one hundred grams) grind with warmed honey (spoon).
- Lubricate the towel with a mixture and put on the body, and cover it with a compress paper and wrap it in a shawl made of wool.
- The procedure should last all night.
- To enhance the effect, it is advisable to drink sudorific tea.
The next morning you should consider a towel. If the cottage cheese has acquired a yellowish shade, then there is inflammation of the lungs.
To combat focal pneumonia, treatment with such a folk remedy is used:
- Chopped garlic (one hundred grams) is mixed with half a kilo of goose fat and heated in a water bath for twenty minutes.
- The composition is applied to parchment paper, and the top is wrapped with a woolen shawl. Compresses all night.
Recovery after pneumonia folk remedies
During the recovery period after the illness, the following means are used:
- For clearing the lungs of the remaining mucus, steam inhalations can be performed. Five drops are added to the boiled waterfir oil and covering his head with a towel, inhale the vapors. After the procedure, the same oil lubricate the breast and lie down under the blanket.
- Folk remedies after pneumonia involve the use of fluids that remove toxins from the body. It can be compotes of cranberries and cranberries, fruit drinks, mineral water, herbal decoctions.
- To increase the resistance of the whole body, it is necessary to take immunostimulants, as well as herbs, which have the ability to improve immunity. This Chinese magnolia vine, onions, garlic, calendula, ginseng root, chamomile, St. John's wort.
- To restore lung function it is recommended to inflate balls for a month and dissolve propolis.