1Uncovertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine: symptoms and treatment
- 1.1What is uncovertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine
- 1.2Degenerative changes in the cervical spine
- 1.3Common symptoms of the disease
- 1.4How to diagnose arthrosis of unco-vertebral articulations
- 1.5Treatment of the cervical spine
- 1.6Wearing a Shant collar
- 1.7Medication for arthrosis
- 1.8Physiotherapeutic procedures
- 1.9Folk medicine for arthrosis
2Unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine: symptoms and treatment:
- 2.1The essence of the disease
- 2.2Uncovertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine: causes of development
- 2.3Features of the disease
- 2.4Clinical signs
- 2.6Diagnostics in the clinic
- 2.7Uncovertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine: treatment
- 2.9Treatment with folk methods
3Unco-vertebral arthrosis - treatment, arthrosis of the cervical spine
- 3.1Causes and risk factors
- 3.2Stages of
- 3.5Treatment of unco-vertebral arthrosis
- 3.6Possible complications and consequences
4Uncoarthrosis of the cervical spine
- 4.1What changes occur in unco-vertebral arthrosis
- 4.2Causes of ailment
- 4.3What are the types of arthrosis of the cervical vertebrae
- 4.4What are the degrees
- 4.6Diagnostics during visual inspection
- 4.7How does treatment work?
- 4.8Medication Therapy
- 4.9Why do I need a cervical corset?
- 4.10Help of gymnastics, exercise therapy, massage and water procedures in the treatment
- 4.12The help of physiotherapy
- 4.13Recipes of traditional medicine
- 4.14When an operation is needed
- 4.15Forecast and consequences
- 4.16Are they taking the army
Uncovertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine: symptoms and treatment
When the joints of the spine are affected, they develop hairs that look like a hook, creating discomfort for any head movement. This condition is called uncoovertebral arthrosis. This disease is not considered serious, but it can give dangerous complications to the human body.
What is uncovertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine
The pathology of arcuate articular processes or intervertebral discs is called uncoovertebral arthrosis.
The disease leads to a structural change in the transverse canal, so in the process of its development there is a jamming of the nervous and vascular bundles in the cervical region. The disease makes itself felt with pain every time you turn or tilt the head.
The patient can not move his shoulders freely. Sensitivity disorder is noted. More often there is unco-vertebral arthrosis of c5-c6 cervical vertebrae or c4-c6.
The main reason for the development of arthrosis is the low physical activity of the cervical region, the absence of dynamic loads. The following factors contribute to the development of the disease:
- heavy physical work;
- pathology of the spine;
- impaired metabolism;
- diseases of the osseous system;
- insufficient nutrition of intervertebral cartilage;
- injuries of the cervical department;
- flat feet;
- loss of elasticity of the cervical ligaments;
- thyroid disease.
The very first symptom for unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine is the appearance of pain in the region of one or several cervical vertebrae. Constant discomfort prevents a person from leading a normal lifestyle.
Muscles of the cervical region, too, often strain reflexively, which prevents the full turn of the head.
If at this stage to consult a doctor, then with adequate treatment, you can quickly eliminate violations in the cervical spine.
Degenerative changes in the cervical spine
The second alarming symptom, manifested even at the onset of the disease, is a crunch in the vertebrae with the head tilted. The main provocators of pain during exercise are intervertebral disks, which protrude and affect ligaments.
At the first stage, pain sensations occur non-permanently, but gradually acquire a regular character. In the first place, the cartilaginous tissue of the disc suffers, which becomes thinner and loses its elasticity.
Growth on the cervical vertebrae.
Common symptoms of the disease
Without proper treatment, unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine very quickly progresses, which can provoke the formation of a synovial cyst.
Pain in such a pathology can give to the lower limbs, and in severe form it causes symptoms of paralysis.
Osteoarthritis of the spine without timely treatment leads to the following symptoms:
- increased sprain in the cervical region;
- incessant headaches;
- pain in the back and / or chest;
- change in blood pressure;
- shoulder neuritis and other neurological conditions.
How to diagnose arthrosis of unco-vertebral articulations
It is known that uncovertebral arthrosis is one of the varieties of deforming osteoarthritis. Only after conducting several examinations the doctor will be able to make an accurate diagnosis.
First, the character of the pain syndrome becomes clear, then with the help of palpation muscle cramps of the painful areas are revealed. For additional diagnosis, the doctor prescribes visualization techniques: X-rays and MRI.
The images obtained can determine whether the ligaments are affected, how well the blood vessels are functional, whether there are osteophytes on the posterior surfaces of the vertebrae.
Treatment of the cervical spine
The therapy of unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine begins with the formation of a correct posture in the patient.
The patient should refuse to wear weights, exclude sharp movements of the neck, and during sleep should use an orthopedic pillow. The condition of the cervical spine is beneficially affected by regular visits to the pool, exercise therapy (exercise therapy).
If necessary, drug therapy is prescribed. Basically, all diseases of the cervical spine are treated as outpatients.
Wearing a Shant collar
Arthrosis of cervical vertebrae of the first stage is sometimes eliminated when wearing the orthopedic collar of Shantz. It is a wide collar made of soft fabric that surrounds the neck, and behind it is fastened with Velcro.
The collar of Shantz does not treat uncoarthrosis of the cervical region, but only facilitates the symptomatology. It is used to relieve fatigue and tension. It performs the function of crutches, distributing the weight of the head to the base of the neck and collarbone.
Thanks to the orthopedic collar, the head is fixed in the correct position, and the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the neck are unloaded.
Medication for arthrosis
Drugs that are able to eliminate the cause of the disease, does not exist. To slow the development of the disease and remove local pain, the doctor, as a rule, appoints a complex of medicines:
- Anesthetics. Relieve severe pain syndrome with Aspirin, Ibuprofen.
- Medicines that improve blood circulation. The appointment of Pentoxifylline, Actovegin helps restore normal blood flow in the cervical spine.
- Chondroprotectors. Slow down the process of destruction of cartilage, help to restore cartilaginous tissue. Popular drugs: Chondroitin, Glucosamine.
In order for medication to be effective, prescribe the use of various physiotherapy procedures.
If there are no contraindications, then they have an anti-inflammatory effect, remove the symptoms, so they are often used after the main therapy for prevention.
The most effective techniques that help in cervical problems:
- exposure to the magnetic field eliminates swelling of the tissues, relieves inflammation;
- ultrasound phonophoresis is used to deliver novocaine or lidocaine to the lesion to freeze nerve fibers during exacerbations;
- Modulated current shortly removes pain:
- manual therapy and therapeutic massage help restore joint mobility and relieve muscle spasm.
Folk medicine for arthrosis
The use of folk recipes during the complex treatment of unco-vertebral arthrosis provides a quick positive effect.
The gifts of nature improve blood circulation, provide antibacterial effect on the affected areas of the cervical region.
If the pain does not go away for a long time, use the following recipes:
- Mix together the same amount of pork fat with hop cones. Rub until smooth. Apply ointment on the diseased area before bedtime until the pain syndrome decreases.
- Three grams of celery root chop, pour a liter of boiling water, leave for 10-12 hours. Take infusion daily until the pain decreases by one tablespoon on an empty stomach.
- Alcohol (300 ml), pour dry flowers of bearberry (50 g). Insist 2-3 hours, then use as a compress at night with severe pain.
A source: http://sovets.net/6340-unkovertebralnyi-artroz-sheinogo-otdela-pozvonochnika.html
Unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine: symptoms and treatment:
One of the most vulnerable and significant parts of the human body is the neck. Through it pass the arteries, blood-supplying the brain, and in this area of the spinal column there are important nerve roots.
With unco-vertebral arthrosis, progressing in the cervical region, both on the vessels and nerves there is a strong pressure, which leads to the development of significant destructive processes. If such a disease does not begin timely treatment, the consequences can be sad.
Therefore, the topic of destruction and deformation of cervical discs can be considered as an acute one.
The essence of the disease
Under this disease is to understand the defeat of the facet joints and intervertebral discs in the neck. This means that the affected area loses its normal mobility.
At the same time, destructive processes are triggered in the cartilaginous tissue located between the vertebral bodies, which subsequently affect the blood vessels and neural bundles. There are also various neurological disorders.
Uncovertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine: causes of development
Acquired cervical arthrosis can be a consequence of various pathologies.
In some cases, even congenital forms of the disease occur. They often have to do with anomalies in the area of the first cervical vertebrae.
As an example, it is necessary to cite the syndrome of Olenik (the occultization of the atlant).
If you pay attention to the influence of acquired diseases, then among them there is a sense to identify diseases, which can result in unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine:
- violation of metabolic processes;
- chronic and acute trauma to the neck;
- monotonous frequent movements;
- constant lifting of heavy objects;
- hypodynamia, overweight;
- suffered poliomyelitis;
- dislocations of the hip joint;
- flat feet.
Features of the disease
Such a disease as uncovertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine begins to progress against the background of destruction of the cartilaginous tissue of the intervertebral disc.
These changes lead to the fact that the processes of depreciation are violated, without which normal movement becomes problematic. As a consequence, the load on the cervical section is unevenly distributed.
As a result, the muscles of the neck, as well as the vessels and nerves, are traumatized on an ongoing basis.
Because of the gradual loss of fluid in the cartilage, its structure is destroyed. To form an alternative compensation in the affected part of the spine bone osteophytes are formed, which are directed towards each other. At the same time in the ligaments of the cervical department calcium is deposited.
Such processes lead to a decrease in the elasticity of the ligaments and the loss of their strength. In this condition, the intervertebral disc no longer holds back and protrudes beyond the vertebral bodies. The consequence of such changes is the damage to the anatomical formations that are located next to the spine.
As you can see, unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine is the cause of serious destructive processes that can significantly complicate a person's life.
The first signs of unco-vertebral arthrosis include pain in the neck.
In most cases, it is local in nature, that is, it is felt exactly in the place where the center of destruction of cartilage tissue is located.
This symptom can be explained by the fact that the vertebrae, protruding, begin to press on the ligaments, in which there are many nerve endings.
Moreover, the muscles located in this area begin to reflexively strain, after which they remain in this state for a sufficiently long period of time. Such processes, in turn, lead to a restriction of the free movement of the neck.
With such a disease as unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine, the symptoms are supplemented with a crunch during the extension and bending of the neck. There is also instability in the cervical segment. As a result, the patient feels dizzy, headache and discomfort in the neck.
As arthrosis progresses, discomfort can be felt when weather changes or moderate stresses occur. Pain starts to bother even during sleep. There may also develop symptoms such as numbness of the lower part of the face, neck area and unstable gait.
In the process of developing unco-vertebral arthrosis, there is a sensation of tingling and nausea. It is very important to understand the fact that any disorders of the spine are subject to immediate treatment.
Otherwise, the spinal cord, as well as the nerve endings, can be affected.
Such changes can lead to a violation of the blood supply to the brain and the appearance of serious neurologic syndromes.
If the lesion affects the vertebrae c5 and c6, numbness and pain can be felt not only in the neck, but also in the lateral surface of the hands. At the same time, the difficulty will be felt during the turn of the hand, the removal of the upper limbs, and the weakening of the musculature.
If with unco-vertebral arthrosis, the patient ignored the need to visit the doctor or did not follow the established course of treatment, then some complications are possible. These are the consequences of the development of the disease, such as radiculitis, intervertebral hernia, permanent pain syndrome and paresis of the hands.
It is also possible to develop inflammatory processes in the membranes of nerve endings and tissues.
Diagnostics in the clinic
In order to accurately and timely identify the unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical region, a survey is needed in a modern clinic.
In this case, the following diagnostic measures will be carried out: computed tomography, clinical examination, in which the neurological status is determined, etc.
If there is a need, doctors of related specialties can be brought in: a vascular surgeon, a neurosurgeon, a cardiologist, an oculist and an otolaryngologist.
Uncovertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine: treatment
The main goal of the treatment is to provide muscle rest in the problem areas of the neck and neutralize the pain. This is especially true in the acute stage.
In some cases, the use of the Shant collar can be shown. This is an orthopedic device that, by providing the necessary immobility, removes the load from the vertebrae and the surrounding muscles.
The fact of how long the patient will need to wear such a collar is determined by the doctor.
As the patient's condition improves, massage and special physiotherapy can be included in the treatment process.
If the unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine was recorded, the medication treatment is used only during the acute phase, for relief of pain.
In this case, muscle relaxants and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used.
It is recommended to reduce the duration of drug treatment to the minimum possible date.
Obligatory acceptance of drugs by the patient, which activate circulatory processes in the structures of the spine and metabolism in tissues, is considered mandatory. Appointment, as a rule, antiaggregants ("Pentoxifylline "Clopidogrel etc.) and vascular drugs ("Cinnarizin "Detraleks"). Simultaneously with these medications, the doctor can prescribe chondroprotectors, which slow down the processes of degeneration in the cartilaginous tissue, as well as the accompanying symptoms.
It is important to understand that with such a disease as unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine, disability-this is a potentially possible outcome, which may be the result of impaired cerebral circulation and loss of sensitivity. Therefore, it is impossible to delay the treatment.
With arthrosis of the cervical department, the use of physiotherapeutic procedures is considered mandatory.
Such treatment implies the use of sinusoidal modulated currents, amplipulse and magnetotherapy, as well as electrophoresis.
In some cases, ultrasound therapy and UHF-irradiation are performed.
It is quite effective to use applicators and barotherapy.
These methods of influencing the disease restore blood circulation, which allows you to eliminate some of the symptoms and even causes of arthrosis.
But it is worth remembering that such treatment is contraindicated for those who have been diagnosed with heart disease.
When the patient is at the stage of remission and does not feel severe pain, acupuncture is advisable. There are other methods that help to overcome unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine.
Gymnastics-one of them. If you correctly organize this process, then you can return the cervical department the previous mobility.
Do not neglect and sanatorium treatment, which usually includes a variety of physiotherapy, exercise therapy and balneotherapy.
Treatment with folk methods
The essence of folk treatment of unco-vertebral arthrosis is reduced to the use of compresses and rubbing, which can effectively relieve pain and slow the progression of the disease.
Unfortunately, such practices can not neutralize uncoovertebral arthrosis.
Treatment with folk methods must necessarily be combined with traditional health measures and only with the concomitant consultation of a doctor.
As for the ointment itself for grinding, it contains the following components:
- tincture of ficus;
- linseed oil;
- animal fat (any).
Preparation of another recipe is reduced to mixing flaxseed oil (4 parts), turpentine (1 part) and propolis (1 part). Once a homogeneous mass is obtained, it is necessary to triturate the neck region.
For those who have faced such a disease as unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine, the army, the call is in principle not terrible. This is a fairly serious diagnosis for obtaining a military ticket, but it is only desirable to provide documented evidence of fainting.
As a conclusion, it makes sense to focus on the significant destructive potential of unco-vertebral arthrosis. After all, not only the cervical department, but also the upper limbs and the brain, can suffer.
If you neglect treatment with such a diagnosis, then there is a risk of a problem such as disability. In other words, at a certain stage of the development of the disease, it will be virtually impossible to reverse the destructive processes.
Therefore, with the first symptoms of destruction of the cartilaginous tissue in the cervical region, you need to visit the doctor without delay and undergo a course of qualified treatment.
A source: https://www.syl.ru/article/203257/new_unkovertebralnyiy-artroz-sheynogo-otdela-pozvonochnika-simptomyi-i-lechenie
Unco-vertebral arthrosis - treatment, arthrosis of the cervical spine
Unco-vertebral arthrosis is a degenerative-dystrophic lesion of the intervertebral discs and joints of Lyushka in the cervical region spine, accompanied by the formation of bone outgrowths (osteophytes) on the vertebrae against the background of gradual dehydration of the cartilaginous tissue and calcification of ligaments. Osteophytes located on adjacent vertebrae and directed towards each other tend to adhere like hooks. Hence the name of the disease: Uncovertebral (from the Latin. uncus - hook and vertebra - vertebra) arthrosis.
Causes and risk factors
Prerequisites for the development of unco-vertebral arthrosis are anatomical features of the structure of the cervical spine.
Many people, in addition to arcuate joints in the region of cervical vertebrae C4-C7, form additional joints connecting a semilunar projection of the lower vertebra with a lateral surface of the superior vertebra, which are called unco-vertebral joints or joints Lushka. Their appointment was not finally clarified; by some assumptions, Lyushka's joints increase the range of movements in the cervical segment. An alternative point of view considers uncovertebral joints as one of the earliest manifestations of degenerative-dystrophic changes in cartilaginous tissue.
Unco-vertebral arthrosis is classified as a number of polytheological diseases. The development of the pathological process is promoted by both internal and external factors:
- congenital anomalies of vertebral structure;
- flat feet;
- dysplasia of the head of the hip joint;
- trauma of the cervical spine;
- metabolic disorders;
- unregulated physical activity;
- sedentary lifestyle.
As the pathological process develops, there are four stages of unco-vertebral arthrosis.
- Moderate dehydration of the intervertebral disc with formed facet joints. The deterioration of the damping capacity of the intervertebral disc is compensated by the reflex muscle tension, which is why the patient is occasionally disturbed by severe local pain and a feeling of stiffness in the neck arising from sharp movements.
- There is instability in the cervical spine; subluxations of arched joints are increasing. Cartilage tissue gradually thinens; begin to form protrusions - minor protrusions of the intervertebral disc back and forth without breaking the fibrous ring. Osteophytes appear on the surfaces of nearby Lyushka joints, the ligaments gradually lose their elasticity and are ossified.
- Further decrease in the height of the intervertebral disc leads to the formation of extrusions, compressing the blood vessels, nerves and soft tissues. There is a high probability of complications - radicular syndromes and vertebral artery syndrome with persistent impairment of cerebral circulation.
- The union of osteophytes completely immobilizes the affected segment, the pain senses weaken.
In the early stages of the disease almost nothing shows itself. The only signal of possible trouble is acute burning pain with sharp inclinations and turns of the neck or after heavy physical exertion, including lifting heavy loads.
Until now, the decrease in the elasticity of intervertebral disks is compensated by the tension of the cervical musculature, on the background of which there is a persistent muscular hypertonia along with a tendency to myositis and stagnant phenomena. For this reason, pain in the neck is accompanied by a feeling of stiffness in the muscles and has a clear localization, indicating the location of spasms.
In the second stage of arthrosis, the pain in the neck takes on a permanent character and is strengthened with long preservation of one posture; mobility of the cervical region is limited.
The movements of the neck are accompanied by a pronounced crunch, indicative of subluxations of the articular joints.
With spontaneous subluxation, rapid relief occurs.
The compression of the nerve roots and blood vessels by the protruding edges of the deformed intervertebral disc can provoke additional symptoms:
- headaches and dizziness;
- violations of coordination of movements;
- deterioration of vision and visual disorders (darkening in the eyes, flashes, flickering of colorful flies);
- noise and a feeling of stuffiness in the ears;
- vegetative disorders (palpitation, chills, cold extremities, sweating);
- fluctuations in blood pressure;
- drop-attacks and fainting states.
Sometimes, when squeezing the roots of the peripheral nerves of patients, frequent pains behind the sternum are disturbed, with irradiation into the scapula and shoulder, which can be taken as manifestations of a heart attack. To exclude cardiac pathology, consultation between a vertebrologist and a cardiologist is required.
Diagnosis of unco-vertebral arthrosis is a multistage process.
A presumptive diagnosis is made based on patient complaints, history and physical examination data by a specialist surgeon, vertebrologist, orthopedist or neurologist.
When examining a patient, the doctor pays attention to the painful zones in the cervical spine, muscle tone and mobility of the neck as a whole.
The next step is instrumental research, reliably revealing specific features diseases - the presence of osteophytes, herniated intervertebral discs, ligament injuries, muscles, nerves and blood vessels. MRI is the gold standard for diagnosis of unco-vertebral arthrosis due to the qualitative visualization of hard and soft tissues. Radiography and CT of the cervical segment allow to verify the presence or absence of osteophytes, but do not allow to recognize the characteristic changes in soft tissues. To assess the degree of damage to blood vessels and the state of hemodynamics with prolonged compression, dopplerography of the vessels can be prescribed.
Treatment of unco-vertebral arthrosis
During periods of exacerbations, medical tactics is reduced to eliminating muscle spasm, alleviating pain, restoring microcirculation in problem areas. For unloading of the neck muscles, it is shown wearing a fixing collar and using muscle relaxants.
Inflammation, which arose against the background of spasms, is stopped by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with an analgesic effect, for example, Diclofenac or Nimesulide.
With complicated extrusion and an unrestrained pain syndrome, surgical intervention may be required.
Stimulants for blood supply are used to restore normal trophism of problem areas.
For this purpose, medical treatment of unco-vertebral arthrosis is complemented by physiotherapy procedures, such as electrophoresis and ultraphonophoresis with lidocaine and novocaine, magnetotherapy, UVT, amplipulse therapy and and so forth.
In the diet of the patient should be present foods rich in natural collagen and B vitamins. The use of salt and spices is desirable to limit.
During the remission, systematic exercises of exercise therapy are necessary: therapeutic gymnastics, aqua aerobics, swimming.
Spa treatment on the profile and massage courses are shown two or three times a year
Alternative methods of treatment of diseases of the spine should be treated with great care.
To the services of osteopaths, reflexotherapists and manual therapists, it is permissible to resort only during remission and with the permission of the attending physician.
The presence of extrusion is an absolute contraindication to manual therapy and osteopathy.
Possible complications and consequences
In a number of cases, unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine is complicated by herniated intervertebral disc, radicular and compression syndromes caused by compression and permanent trauma to the sympathetic nerve trunk, vertebral artery and veins. Especially the development of the vertebral artery syndrome with C5-C6 vertebral lesions - in the place of natural narrowing of the bone canal.
Syndrome of the vertebral artery is a serious problem, because it leads to persistent impairment of cerebral circulation and a significant deterioration in the quality of life due to protracted migraine attacks, reduced visual acuity and hearing, vegetative and vestibular disorders. With a strong compression of the vertebral artery, accompanied by fainting and expressed ataxia, the question arises of assigning a patient a group of disabilities.
In the early stages of unco-vertebral arthrosis is well treatable - a complex course of therapy takes one to two weeks; at a young age there is a chance to achieve a complete cure.
In more neglected cases, the prognosis is cautious.
To slow down degenerative-dystrophic processes and prevent complications, it is necessary to pass several intensive courses of therapy and to consolidate the results achieved through a supportive therapy.
On the prevention of unco-vertebral arthrosis should be taken care of as early as possible, ideally even in the absence of complaints.
It is important to lead a moderately active lifestyle, refraining from extreme loads and lifting weights, eating rationally and abandoning bad habits.
With sedentary work, it is useful to perform relaxing exercises for the neck every 2-3 hours.
In case of injury to the cervical department, one should not engage in self-medication.
Even if the case does not seem difficult, you need to seek medical help and follow all medical recommendations.
In the post-traumatic period, as well as in professional sports and in old age, profile sanatorium treatment and courses of preventive massage are shown.
A source: http://www.neboleem.net/unkovertebralnyj-artroz.php
Uncoarthrosis of the cervical spine
Unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine is characterized by degenerative joint changes due to destruction of the cartilaginous and bone tissue.
Gradually, osteophytes form on the vertebrae.
They lead to a restriction of the mobility of the neck, and because of its irregular shape can interfere with full-fledged cerebral circulation.
What changes occur in unco-vertebral arthrosis
Osteoarthritis of unco-vertebral articulations is a chronic disease. To its origin leads pathological changes in the cartilaginous tissue of the vertebrae due to a number of reasons.
First, a destructive process occurs in the intervertebral disc.In a healthy state, hyaline cartilage serves as a softening function for friction of the joints. It also protects blood vessels and nerve fibers located near the vertebrae.
Uncoarthrosis causes the appearance of cracks in the cartilaginous tissue, which leads to the loss of synovial fluid that feeds the hyaline layer.
Deformation of the spine begins, provoking a decline in efficiency and deterioration of functioning.
There is a lesion of arcuate joints responsible for the mobility and flexibility of the spine.
Changes affect the overall well-being of the patient. In addition to constant pain, there is weakness, dizziness, drowsiness, jumps in blood pressure.
The adiposity gradually increases, squeezing the nerve endings and blood vessels.
In this zone, the deposition of salts occurs, which is fraught with a decrease in the elasticity of the cartilage. Because of the decreased mobility, there is a degeneration of the muscle fibers, it is more difficult for the ligaments to fix the intervertebral disc. It falls outside the boundaries of vertebral structures, which provokes the appearance of protrusions and hernias.
Causes of ailment
People who have hard working conditions, overweight, as well as elderly people, sportsmen are considered to be at risk. Causes of the disease can be both congenital and acquired character.
- Flattening, because due to the pathological structure of the foot, the load on the entire column of the spine increases.
- Anomalies of the structure of the vertebrae, for example, the syndrome of Olenik.
- Pathologies of the thyroid and endocrine glands affect the metabolic processes in the body.
You can buy arthrosis during life if you have the following factors:
- Damage to the spinal column.
- Dislocation of the head of the hip bone.
- Transfer of poliomyelitis.
- The presence of excess weight.
- Excessive stress in the process of sports training or in the workplace.
- Low-activity lifestyle.
- Failure of metabolic processes in the body.
- Incorrect food.
What are the types of arthrosis of the cervical vertebrae
Osteoarthritis in the neck is called cervico-arthrosis. There are 5 varieties of it:
- Primary is characterized by the defeat of articular cartilaginous tissue without obvious causes.
- Secondary appears against the background of already existing inflammatory processes, injuries, and diseases.
- Localized differs in the lesion of only one joint.
- The generalized affects several joints in the spinal column.
- The deforming is characterized by a change in the bones at the place of contact with the joint, which causes deformation of the latter with a disruption of functionality and the presence of severe pain syndrome.
Uncoarthrosis refers to a variety of deforming arthrosis in the cervical region.
What are the degrees
Deforming arthrosis develops gradually. There are 3 stages of transformation:
- Changes occur in the synovial fluid. Due to a lack of nutrients, the structure of the cartilage is broken, it is thinner. Bone and connective tissue are not involved in the process, so with timely treatment, complete recovery is possible.
- The cartilage tissue is completely destroyed. Osteophytes are formed. Treatment is still possible, but it takes more time and effort.
- The joint is completely immobilized, the curvature of the spinal column can be visually observed, the rotation of the head is possible with simultaneous movement of the trunk. Conservative treatment does not have the proper effect, surgical intervention is performed.
The disease is localized in the zone of cervical vertebrae c3 c7.
The most difficult is the lesion at the level of the vertebrae c4 c6, in this area the bone channel narrows, therefore the vascular bed is more susceptible to clamping.
In this area, the nerve roots c4 c7 are located, which also undergo inconveniences, causing neurologic manifestations.
The first stage of the disease is characterized by mild discomfort in the neck region. Pain syndrome can increase with exercise, sudden movements of the head.
In the second stage, neck movement is limited, head turns are complicated, can cause dizziness and headaches. The weather is affected by the weather, hypothermia.
In the morning and evening hours, the symptoms intensify, the sleep worsens. During movement, a characteristic crunch is heard.
The third stage is characterized by constant pains, which disturb even in a calm state. There may be tingling and numbness in the cervical spine and arms.
In addition, the patient may have a headache that spreads to the ears, nausea, blood pressure rises, coordination is impaired.
Diagnostics during visual inspection
Symptoms of uncoarthrosis can be manifested by visual examination. It is characteristic that the size of the vertebrae grows with the growth of osteophytes. To diagnose and differentiate from other pathologies, the specialist applies instrumental methods of examination:
- X-rays are made in different projections. The pictures show the presence of pathological changes.
- MRI allows to determine the stage of the disease, the localization of osteophytes and the degree of lesion of vertebral structures.
- Angiography is aimed at the study of blood vessels. With the help of the study it is possible to understand whether there are disturbances in nutrition and permeability of the vascular bed. In the presence of complications, the affected areas and the degree of pathology are identified.
How does treatment work?
Conservative treatment includes:
- Medicamentous therapy.
- Wearing an orthopedic collar.
- Exercise therapy.
- A diet.
- Application of folk methods.
The doctor can select a set of procedures and medications individually for each patient, depending on the degree of the disease, the presence of complications and contraindications.
In the absence of the effectiveness of conservative techniques, surgical intervention is prescribed.
Based on the performed examinations, the doctor can appoint:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They help to get rid of the pain, relieve spasm and swelling. Such medicines are issued in the form of ointments, tablets, injections. For example, Diclofenac, Nimesulide.
- Chondroprotectors. Contribute to the restoration of the cartilaginous structure. They help only at the beginning of the onset of the disease. For example, Arthron complex.
- Muscle relaxants. Are directed on depression of a muscular spasm, raise mobility of joints. Miedocalm is popular, Sirdalud.
- Preparations for the normalization of blood circulation: Actovegin, Prodectin.
- Vitamin complexes provide the body with the missing vitamins and minerals.
Why do I need a cervical corset?
With unco-vertebral arthrosis, a doctor may prescribe wearing a Shant collar. To understand what it is is not difficult. The product is a wide orthopedic collar made of foam or polyurethane foam of medium hardness, fixed on the neck with Velcro.
It is designed to relieve the load on the muscles, fixes the cervical vertebrae in the desired position. During the exacerbation reduces pain.
Help of gymnastics, exercise therapy, massage and water procedures in the treatment
Gymnastics for arthrosis is appointed immediately after relief of acute conditions. It is aimed at improving the mobility of the cervical region. With a properly selected complex, the process of tissue regeneration is started.
Exercises are selected by the coach purely individually with a gradual increase in the load. Classes in the pool allow you to train all muscle groups with the lowest level of injury.
Carrying out a massage during the treatment period significantly improves the patient's condition. Blood circulation is normalized, muscular spasm decreases, pain syndrome decreases. In the phase of exacerbation, the procedures are contraindicated.
Swimming helps to train all muscle groups, while providing a gentle effect on the body. Selection of exercises on the water is carried out by the trainer. Also, from water treatment procedures are shown hardening, with a gradual decrease in water temperature, the body becomes less sensitive to hypothermia.
With the development of any pathological processes in the spine, a revision of the diet is recommended. It should include vitamin-mineral complexes, fruits, vegetables, cereals, gelatinous products for feeding cartilage and bone tissue.
In addition, it is important to limit the consumption of harmful products such as soda, animal fats, baked goods, fried, spicy, sweet and salty foods.
The help of physiotherapy
In unco-vertebral arthrosis, the following can be used:
- Magnetotherapy, when inflammation and pain are removed by magnetic fields.
- Microwave procedures, the impact occurs under the power of decimeter waves. Have immunostimulating effect.
- Impulse therapy is performed under the influence of a statistical different-frequency current. It has analgesic effect, restores blood circulation in the neck section.
- Electrophoresis or phonophoresis, the effect is due to the introduction of anti-inflammatory drugs with the help of current and ultrasound.
- Application procedures are performed to normalize metabolic processes.
Recipes of traditional medicine
At home, the disease can not be completely cured. Folk methods help relieve pain, inflammation and warm up the affected area.
- Sunflower oil and geranium are taken in equal proportions. Mixing the ingredients, leave in a dark place for 2 weeks. Applied for grinding in the neck.
- Warming compresses are made with warm sea-buckthorn oil.
- Take one part of turpentine and propolis in a solid form. 4 parts of linseed oil is placed in a container, which is put on a water bath. Add the remaining ingredients, keep on low heat for 15-20 minutes. After cooling, use as a grinder, wrapping the treated area in a warm kerchief.
- To relieve pain take a finely chopped celery root, pour warm boiled water and insist for 9 hours. 10 g of the plant requires 1 liter of liquid. Take daily 1 tbsp. spoon.
When an operation is needed
Surgical intervention is indicated in the last stage of unco-vertebral arthrosis, when conservative therapy is ineffective. The operation involves the removal of osteophytes, the affected joint and the replacement of the implant.
Forecast and consequences
The complications of unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical segment include narrowing of the arterial canal, up to its complete overlap, which disrupts blood circulation and nutrition of the brain. In addition, the nerve endings may be compressed.
The osteophyte, appearing on the surface of the joint, creates new joints that limit the mobility of the affected area. If treatment is started at the first stage of the disease, then the prognosis for convalescence is successful provided all the recommendations of the doctor are observed.
In the third stage, a disability occurs, the only chance to resume motor activity is to perform an operation to replace the affected joint with an implant.
Are they taking the army
It is impossible to say unequivocally whether the conscript is suitable for such a diagnosis for military service. During the passage of the medical commission, doctors pay attention to the degree of deformation of bones and the progression of the disease, the nature of the narrowing of the joint gap and the deterioration of cartilage tissue.
Concomitant diseases can also play their role. The army may not threaten the conscript for arthrosis of the 2nd degree, nevertheless, everything depends on the conclusion of the commission, as there are no proper regulatory legal opinions on this issue.
The disease significantly limits the life of the patient. In severe cases, it can lead to disability. To prevent the disease, it is necessary to lead an active lifestyle, monitor your diet and not overexert the spinal column.
A source: http://vsekosti.ru/sustavy/artroz/unkovertebralniy-sheinogo-otdela.html