Moxonidine is a popular drug for pressure, which neurologists and cardiologists appoint to hypertensive patients.
The main active substance is moxonidine, it affects imidazoline receptors located in the medulla oblongata.
The active component of the drug helps to fight hypertension, eliminates fibrosis of tissues, myocardial hypertrophy in the left ventricle - frequent high-pressure satellites.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How Moxonidine Costs? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of150 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
Often, the drug Moxonidine is available in the form of round biconvex tablets, coated with a film membrane.
Depending on the color of the shell, you can determine the amount of active substance (light pink - 0.2 mcg, pink - 0.3 mcg, dark pink - 0.4 mcg). At the break, the tablets are predominantly white in color. The drug is on the shelves of pharmacies, packed in blisters for 14 -20 pcs. (depends on dosage). A cardboard box holds up to 7 blisters.
Moxonidine is a drug with an antihypertensive effect. The principle of the action of the tablets is aimed at regulating blood pressure. Taking medication allows you to gradually reduce the upper and lower boundaries of blood pressure, while this effect will be noted both with a single admission, and with the systematic administration of the medication.
This tool does not affect the heart rate and cardiac output, it reduces myocardial hypertrophy of the left ventricle. Therapy with the use of this drug can reduce the clinical signs of microarthiopathy, restore capillary blood flow of the myocardium.
Unlike similar drugs, Moxonidine does not have a sedative effect, does not affect lipid metabolism, has a small list of contraindications and side effects.
Indications for use
What helps Moxonidine tablets? The drug is used in arterial hypertension (hypertension, hypertension) in history.
The drug for long-term use relieves hypertrophy of the left ventricle of myocardium, fibrosis of tissues developing against the background of the underlying disease. In addition, a medicamental agent can effectively normalize the capillary supply of the myocardium with blood.
- age is 18 years and over 75;
- severe bradyarrhythmia, including. syndrome of weakness of the sinus node, atrioventricular blockade of II and III degree;
- deficiency of lactase, lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- severe renal failure (CC less than 30 ml / min, creatinine of blood plasma more than 160 μmol / l);
- hemodynamically significant violations of the rhythm of the heart;
- severe chronic heart failure of III-IV functional class in accordance with the classification of NYHA;
- severe bradycardia (heart rate less than 50 beats / minute);
- simultaneous use of tricyclic antidepressants;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Because of the lack of experience with Moxonidine, it is not recommended to prescribe for the following diseases: Parkinson's disease, depression, glaucoma, epilepsy, Raynaud's disease, intermittent claudication.
The drug should be used with caution in the following cases:
- chronic heart failure of I-II functional class according to NYHA classification;
- atrioventricular blockade of the 1st degree;
- chronic renal failure (CK 30-60 ml / min);
- angioedema in history;
- severe ischemic heart disease;
- unstable angina;
- severe coronary artery disease;
- elderly age (from 60 to 75 years).
Use in pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, the medication is not prescribed. In a number of exceptions, the doctor may prescribe a minimum dose of the drug, but only when there is no risk to the fetus and the course of the pregnancy.
Dosage and route of administration
The instructions for use indicate that Moxonidine tablets are taken orally by squeezing the tablets with enough liquid. Time for meals does not matter.
- The initial dose, as a rule, is 0.2 mg in the morning. If the therapeutic effect after 3 weeks is not enough, you can increase the daily dose to 0.4 mg in 1 or 2 doses. If the therapeutic effect after 3 weeks is unsatisfactory, you can increase the daily dose to 0.6 mg in 2 divided doses - in the morning and in the evening.
- The maximum permissible dose: one-time - 0.4 mg, daily - 0.6 mg.
Patients with renal insufficiency (KK 30-60 ml / minute) at the beginning of therapy appoint 0.2 mg. If the effect is not enough, you can increase the dose to 0.4 mg per day (only if the drug is well tolerated).
Moxonidine may cause the following adverse reactions:
- dizziness (vertigo);
- various sleep disorders or drowsiness;
- vomiting, indigestion, dry mouth, diarrhea, nausea;
- skin rash, itching;
- increased fatigue;
- asthenic condition;
- orthostatic hypotension or bradycardia;
- peripheral edema.
If the recommended dose / dose is exceeded, the following symptoms occur:
- dyspeptic disorders;
- dry mouth;
- headache, drowsiness;
- a strong decrease in blood pressure, dizziness;
- decreased heart rate;
Specific antidote does not exist, so when an overdose is washed stomach, give laxative, activated charcoal. If the pressure drops sharply, the blood circulation is restored by fluid intake, by dopamine injections. Atropine eliminates the bradycardia.
Before you start using the drug, read the special instructions:
- Special care must be taken when using moxonidine in patients with type I AV blockade (risk of developing bradycardia); severe coronary artery disease and unstable angina (experience is insufficient): renal insufficiency.
- At present, there is no evidence that stopping moxonidine leads to an increase in blood pressure. However, it is not recommended that moxonidine be abruptly discontinued, the dose should be reduced gradually, within 2 weeks.
- If it is necessary to cancel simultaneously taken beta-blockers and moxonidine, beta-blockers are first abolished and only a few days later - moxonidine.
During the treatment period, patients should be careful when it is necessary to engage in potentially hazardous activities that require concentration of attention and high speed of psychomotor reactions.
- The combined use of moxonidine with other antihypertensive agents leads to an additive effect.
- Is able to moderately improve the weakened cognitive function in patients receiving lorazepam.
- May enhance the sedative effect of benzodiazepine derivatives when administered concomitantly.
- Can enhance the effect of tricyclic antidepressants, tranquilizers, ethanol, sedatives and hypnotics.
- Tricyclic antidepressants can reduce the effectiveness of antihypertensive agents of central action, so it is not recommended to take them together with moxonidine.
- Moxonidine is excreted by tubular secretion. Therefore, its interaction with other drugs released by tubular secretion is not excluded.
We picked up some reviews of people taking the drug Moxonidine:
- Sasha. All types of moxonidine - Moxonidine SZ or some other (but this at a reasonable price) convenient dosage, a minimum of 2 mg. The action lasts a long time, that is, do not take a few pills a day.
- Maria. Moxonidine was taken for the first time today, the doctor wrote out, because the pressure does not drop (I take Wals on 160 in the morning and in the evening, holds 2 hours) and just fell asleep with a sound sleep. Now I look at contraindications, chronicle heart. unavailable, just what I have - CHF. The pressure is normal.
- Anna. Very effective drug. Acts quickly reduces for the whole day. But personally I have a strong dry mouth after the pills.
In general, the reviews on the drug are positive, they confirm its effectiveness in reducing blood pressure, both with rapid dipping and long-term treatment.
There are many drugs based on the active ingredient - moxonidine. The most famous analogs are:
- Moxonidine Kanon;
- Moxonidine is a sandoz;
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store in a dry place, protected from light, out of reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Shelf life of the drug is 3 years. At the end of this period, the use of the medicinal product is prohibited.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.