1Bursitis of the hip joint - types and how to treat medically, surgically and folk remedies
- 1.1What is bursitis of the hip joint
- 1.4The iliac crest bursitis
- 1.5Sebaceous and buttock bursitis
- 1.7Treatment of bursitis of the hip joint
- 1.9Physiotherapeutic treatment
- 1.11Treatment of bursitis with folk remedies
- 1.12Complications and prognosis
2Bursitis of the hip joint: causes, symptoms, treatment
- 2.1Causes of bursitis of the hip joint
- 2.2Types of bursitis TBS
- 2.3Symptoms of bursitis TBS
- 2.4Vertical bursitis (trochanteritis)
- 2.5The iliac crest bursitis
- 2.6Sciatic bursitis
- 2.7Diagnosis of vertebral bursitis TBS
- 2.8Treatment of bursitis of the hip joint
- 2.9Physiotherapeutic treatment
- 2.11Complications and prognosis
- 2.12Prevention of bursitis TBS
3Bursitis of the hip joint
- 3.1Risk group
- 3.5Noninfectious bursitis
- 3.6Infectious bursitis
- 3.8Folk treatment
- 3.9Onion, soap and honey
- 3.10Golden mustache
4Bursitis of the hip joint: symptoms and treatment of sternum bursitis
- 4.1Structure of the joint
- 4.2Symptoms of the disease
- 4.3Methods for diagnosing bursitis
- 4.4Preventive measures
5Symptoms and treatment of bursitis of the hip joint
- 5.1How does bursitis occur?
- 5.2Clinical manifestations
- 5.3Diagnosis of pathology
- 5.4How is therapy performed?
Bursitis of the hip joint - types and how to treat medically, surgically and folk remedies
If bursitis of the hip joint progresses, uncomfortable symptoms are concentrated not only in the gluteal zone, but also in the whole body; therefore conservative treatment should be started already at the first complaints patient.
In the absence of medical measures a person loses a course, can even get a group on disability. Inflammation of the joint bag of the hip joint is inclined to the chronic course, i.e.,
after the first attack, the occurrence of a repeat, no less intense on symptomatic attack, is possible.
What is bursitis of the hip joint
It is an inflammatory process, concentrated in the periarticular bag, which reduces the selection articular fluid and, thereby, significantly increases the load on the hip joint, contributes to its injury.
Thus, amortization of a strong structure is lost, and the vertebral, sciatic, iliac-scallop sac is already involved in the pathological process.
Symptoms of the hip continue to be very painful, and in the absence of timely therapy, acute pain acquires a constant, recurrent, intensifying character. This disease has a code for ICD-10 M71.1.
Before starting conservative therapy, it is important to find out the etiology of the pathological process.
More often the appearance of an inflammatory fluid is preceded by trauma and mechanical damage to the hip bone that occurs when irritations, falls or thigh strikes against acute angles.
If a person is accustomed to doing everything, he automatically falls into a risk group. Progressing bursitis of a large trochanter of the femur is associated with the impact of the following pathogenic factors:
- long static and dynamic loads on the hip joint;
- pathology of the spine;
- transferred operations on the hip joint;
- professional injuries of the femur;
- overweight, sedentary lifestyle;
- retirement age;
- infection of the sternum bursa;
- prolonged hypothermia of the body;
- as a complication of arthrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, bone spurs, salt deposition (also characteristic of rheumatoid arthritis).
It is not enough to reduce physical activity and limit limb mobility in order to quickly recover or at least accelerate the natural process of tissue repair.
It is necessary to carry out diagnostics in order to determine a kind of progressive bursitis with involvement in the pathological process of the hip joint.
Depending on the localization of the focus of pathology, doctors identify:
- The bursitis is bony. The affected area is concentrated in the place of attachment to the large trochanter of the middle gluteal, pear-shaped, upper and lower twin muscles.
- The iliac crest. The focus of pathology is localized from the inside of the inguinal region, where tendons of the comb and ilio-lumbar muscles are concentrated.
- Sciatic. It can hurt in a place where tendons of the muscles of the posterior surface of the thigh (gluteal zone) are attached to the ischial tubercle.
With infectious bursitis, the focus of pathology begins to ache.
At an early stage of inflammation, pain is intensified mainly when walking, whereas in neglected clinical pictures it does not release even at night (at rest).
The intensity of the exacerbation of the disease depends on the gluteal zone, where the pathological process is concentrated. The following are common symptoms, regardless of the variety of bursitis:
- body temperature rise;
- increased tension of the wide fascia of the thigh;
- pain with hyperemia and swelling of the focus of pathology;
- limited mobility;
- tenderness of ligaments, weakness of muscles;
- increased nervousness.
More often this defeat of joint tissues is observed in professional athletes, who have a characteristic wide basin.
This anatomical feature of the female body provokes the duration of friction of the muscles and tendons in the attachment area, as a result of which wear of once-strong structures is observed.
Symptoms that can characterize the vertebral pouch of the middle gluteus muscle are as follows:
- sharp pain in the region of the thigh and knee joints that occurs when squatting, climbing stairs, rotational movements;
- soreness in choosing the position of the body - lying on its side, temporary numbness of the limbs;
- sensation of a pronounced click when trying to perform a sharp movement of the lower limbs.
The iliac crest bursitis
This type of bursitis has a similar symptomatology with arthritis of the hip joint, so a characteristic ailment is required to be competently and timely differentiated. Painful relapse is associated with hypothermia or prolonged physical exertion, and the patient voices the following complaints to the specialist:
- pain in the thigh below the groin;
- strengthening of the pain syndrome at the moment of flexion and extension of the thigh;
- limited mobility of limbs.
Sebaceous and buttock bursitis
In the pathological process, the gluteal region is involved in the area of the ischial hillock, and the doctors could not determine the etiology of the pathological process to the end, but they put forward a number of provoking factors. Reduced production of synovial fluid in chronic bursitis manifests itself in the affected body with such symptoms:
- painful attack with prolonged observance of one position;
- more frequent night attacks of pain;
- a visual increase in the ischial tuberosity, palpable in the hip joint.
To determine bursitis, it is required to qualitatively be examined. In this case, we are talking about a visual examination by an orthopedist of a presumed focus of pathology, carrying out a sample of Ober.
This is the manipulation of the leg (bending at right angles, extension, retraction), after which the doctor observes the behavior of the alleged foci of pathology.
As a diagnostic instrument, doctors recommend additionally performing radiography to the ability to distinguish tracts of ossification of tendons near the large trochanter, and osteophytes in their places fastening.
Treatment of bursitis of the hip joint
First of all, the patient is recommended full rest and avoidance of excessive physical exertion. When the capsule of the hip joint is damaged, the doctor conducts systemic analgesic therapy and a full course of exercise therapy.
In the first case, we are talking about the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, in the second - about physiotherapy with a set of simple but effective exercises.
Additional recommendations of the orthopedist are presented below:
- In acute pain, it is recommended to use walking sticks and crutches, thereby minimizing the load, ensuring a firm fixation of the focus of the pathology.
- Effective rehabilitation is dry heat, a course of massage and walking outdoors.
- Joints and muscles need to be trained additionally, however, it is not in the stage of an acute attack of pain.
The main goal of medicamentous treatment of bursitis is to suppress inflammation and eliminate the painful attack of the affected hip joint. Therefore, the presence of the following pharmacological groups in the complex therapy scheme is appropriate:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: Naproxen, Ibuprofen, Piroxicam;
- anesthetics: Diclofenac, Analgin;
- corticosteroids: Prednisolone, Cortisone, Dexamethasone.
If we talk about effective medications that provide a positive dynamics for bursitis, doctors the following pharmacological positions, which should not become a method of surface self-treatment. So:
- Prednisolone. It is a hormonal drug that has several forms of release. In acute conditions, it is recommended to start with a total dose of 20-30 mg / day, while maintenance therapy is performed at a dosage of 5-10 mg / day. The course of treatment for the removal of bursitis is determined individually.
- Dihydroquercetin plus. It is a natural antioxidant, nourishing the articular tissue, providing a rapid recovery of blood microcirculation. Active components are freed from free radicals, which hinder the process of regeneration of injured tissues. Take inside 4 tablets twice a day.
- Diclofenac. This is a powerful anesthetic drug, which in bursitis reduces the severity of anxiety symptoms, provides temporary relief. For a day, it is recommended to take 1 pill inside with an interval of at least 4 - 5 hours before the complete disappearance of the anxiety symptomatology.
This is an additional method of intensive therapy of bursitis, the main task of which is to finally restore the mobility of the affected joint, to return the stroke to the injured patient. Physiotherapeutic procedures it is desirable to take a full course of 10 - 12 sessions without breaks. Here's what kind of non-surgical treatment in a hospital:
- UHF therapy;
- therapeutic massage and physical education;
- microwave therapy;
- dry heat.
With purulent bursitis and extensive damage to the joint tissues with suspected disability, doctors recommend that surgical intervention for the purpose of emptying the periarticular bag, in which an excessive amount of synovial liquid. If you do not perform the operation, you can permanently remain disabled. The sequence of actions on the part of the surgeon is this:
- First, local anesthesia is carried out in accordance with the rules of asepsis.
- After this, a thin needle is inserted directly into the focus of pathology.
- Through it a syringe is pumped out and the accumulated liquid is removed.
- With a large filling of the periarticular bag, a bursectomy is performed (extremely rarely).
- A rehabilitation period of 2 to 4 weeks is organized.
- Doctors do not exclude endoprosthetics of the hip joint.
Treatment of bursitis with folk remedies
The long-awaited relief with progressive bursitis is provided by cold compresses, but this analgesic effect is rather temporary, unreliable.
To significantly prolong the period of remission, with a characteristic ailment it is appropriate to use alternative medicine methods.
Here are effective folk remedies in the absence of an allergic reaction to the constituent components:
- Prepare a classic decoction of yarrow or burdock (1 tbsp. l. raw materials for 1 tbsp. boiling water), then soak gauze and attach to the inflamed joint. Do not remove 20 - 30 minutes. For a day to conduct up to 3 - 5 procedures, the course - 10 - 14 days.
- Prepare fresh cabbage leaves, make incisions in the outer veins. Attach pathologists to the outbreak for the night, use a bandage. The procedure should be repeated before bedtime for 7-10 days, until the period of remission is reached.
Complications and prognosis
If bursitis is not treated in time, the characteristic affliction acquires a chronic form, while considerably restricting mobility of the limb, threatens with disability.
The patient not only feels incomplete, but also gradually turns into that.
In complicated clinical pictures conservative treatment delivers only temporary relief, and the full course of physiotherapy does not prolong the period of remission, as before.
To maintain the integrity of the hip structures and prevent the appearance of unpleasant symptoms in the joints and tendons, it is necessary to take care of preventive measures in time. It is compulsory to consult a therapist, an orthopedist beforehand. For the purpose of prevention it is necessary:
- reduce the bone structure of the pelvic joint;
- control body weight;
- systematically strengthen immunity;
- walk on the open air;
- abandon bad habits and eat right.
A source: http://sovets.net/15294-bursit-tazobedrennogo-sustava.html
Bursitis of the hip joint: causes, symptoms, treatment
The hip joint is tightly surrounded by muscles and tendons that move it.
To prevent friction of the soft joint tissues between themselves and the bone surface, each tendon is protected by a small bag (bursa) playing a role shock absorber and lubricating mechanism: cells of the internal synovial membrane of each bag emit a special fluid - synovia containing collagen and protein.
Causes of bursitis of the hip joint
The disease leads to:
- Injuries of the thighs in the fall and impact on acute angles.
- Long-term dynamic and static loads:
- bicycle riding;
- climbing a mountain or a staircase;
- Running, especially on roads inclined to the outer or inner side;
- lying on one side, etc.
- Deforming, degenerative and inflammatory diseases of the lumbosacral spine and the spine as a whole.
- Asymmetry of the length of the lower extremities: even a two-centimeter length difference causes a limping and tension in the TBS.
- Previous operations in the hip joint: osteotomy, insertion of metal structures and spokes, endoprosthetics.
- Rheumatoid, infectious, allergic arthritis.
- Bechterew's disease.
- Congenital dysplasia of TBS.
- Ossification of tendons (deposition of calcium salts) and the formation of osteophytes.
In TBS there are many tendinous bags.
Types of bursitis TBS
Basically bursitis of the hip joint develops in three bags:
- in the place of attachment of the middle gluteal, pear-shaped, upper and lower twin muscles to the large spit.
- The iliac crest:
- in the inner inguinal region of the thigh, where the tendons of the ilio-lumbar and crest muscles are located.
- in the area of fixing the tendons of the muscles of the posterior surface of the femur (biceps, semisuscular and semimembranous) to the sciatic tubercle.
It is necessary to distinguish bursitis of the hip joint from synovitis - inflammation of the synovial membrane surrounding the joint itself - the articulation of the head of the femur with the acetabulum.
Symptoms of bursitis TBS
Vertical bursitis (trochanteritis)
The disease is promoted by long distance races.
The main symptoms are:
- Sharp, burning pain, giving off the outer surface of the thigh, increasing with rotational movements inward (pronation), squatting, climbing up the stairs.
- It is impossible to lie on a sick side.
- In bursitis of traumatic nature, pain is sudden and acute, traumatic damage can be accompanied by a click.
- For other reasons (scoliosis, arthritis, etc.), pain symptoms increase gradually, day by day.
The iliac crest bursitis
Because of the connection of this bag with the articular cavity, the ileum-scallop bursitis resembles the synovitis of TBS in its symptoms, which is the main sign of cocksite (TBS arthritis).
- Pain in the hip, along the front inner surface, below the groin ligament.
- When the thigh is unbent, pain increases, for example, when you get up from a chair or raise your hip.
- Pain at the moment of hip flexion: when sitting down on a chair or squatting.
- Pain also occurs if you sit or lie for a long time.
- The ischial hillock from the affected side is enlarged.
- Pain intensification occurs at night.
Due to the fact that TBS bags are not superficially located, but are covered by muscles and fatty tissue, edema with bursitis of TBS does not have such a vivid clinical picture as the same pathology in other joints.
Diagnosis of vertebral bursitis TBS
The main diagnostic value is examination by an orthopedist:
- So, the verious bursitis manifests itself by pains when palpating a large trochanter.
- When the tendon gluteal muscles also appear similar pain, but they accompany the withdrawal of the hip. Pain in bursitis occurs with reduction and pronation of the femur.
- To differentiate the disease, the doctor puts the patient on a healthy side and carries out the removal, bringing and rotation of the affected thigh.
One of the tests is Auber's test:
- The upper leg is bent at right angles and withdrawn to the side.
- Then extend the leg extension in TBS.
- Let go of the leg and watch about its reduction.
If the ghost does not end up to the end, this indicates the tension of the wide fascia of the thigh and its continuation - iliac-tibial tract (PBT), which starts from the ilium, and ends in the condyles tibia. Stretching of PBT is a sure sign of vertebral bursitis.
Applied also instrumental diagnostics:
- radiography, magnetic resonance imaging or computed tomography.
On the x-ray, parts of the ossification of tendons near the large trochanter and osteophytes in the places of their fixation are sometimes clearly discernible.
Treatment of bursitis of the hip joint
The treatment is basically conservative, while observing the resting regime and removing those loads that led to the inflammation of the bags. Most often temporary pain relief and exercise therapy:
- Non-steroidal agents are prescribed:
- ibuprofen, piroxicam, naproxen, celecoxib.
- With severe pain, you can resort to crutches or canes.
- When the acute pain is stopped, proceed to the physical therapy, which includes the exercises:
- on the stretching (scratching) of the wide fascia and the tensor of the broad fascia, the ileo-tibial tract and the biceps femoris muscle;
- to strengthen the muscles of the buttocks.
In physiotherapy bursitis, TBS is used mainly extracorporeal shock wave therapy.
Treatment with a magnetic field, laser therapy, electrophoresis, applications and other methods is most often useless, or plays the role of placebo.
Since physiotherapy is carried out mainly during the recovery period, it often coincides with remission, in which the pains subside for a period on their own.
Surgical treatment for bursitis of the hip joint is very rarely used: there are much more serious reasons for surgery here:
- fractures of the neck of the thigh, dysplasia, deforming arthrosis.
When bursitis is practiced as arthroscopy, and operations of wide access.
In arthroscopy, the affected bursa is removed with two small incisions: one is placed with an arthroscope with a microscopic chamber, in the other, a surgical instrument is inserted.
The main meaning of most operations is to weaken the tension of the PBT:
- In the area of a large trochanter, a longitudinal incision is made, exposing the iliac-tibial tract, a broad fascia tensor and a large gluteal muscle.
- Then through the incision in the PBT penetrate into the underpinning pouch underneath.
- The bag is excised, and the PBT is cut out an oval flap above the lateral epicondyle of the femur or produces a Z-shaped plastic that facilitates tension.
Complications and prognosis
The prognosis for bursitis is favorable, if not to start the disease and prevent its transition to a chronic stage.
Of the possible complications:
- chronic tension syndrome PBT;
- limited mobility, especially internal rotation;
- "Frozen" thigh - with the involvement of the joint capsule (adhesive capsule).
Prevention of bursitis TBS
To prevent bursitis of the hip joint, it is necessary:
- Avoid prolonged repetitive movements in the TBS and the lumbosacral spine.
- In the pathology of the foot, wear orthopedic shoes.
- Do physical exercises to stretch and strengthen the muscles of the thigh.
- Maintain optimal weight.
: Treatment of bursitis with folk remedies.
(4, 0of 5)
A source: https://ZaSpiny.ru/tkani/bursit-tazobedrennogo-sustava.html
Bursitis of the hip joint
Bursitis of the hip joint is a malaise, manifested by inflammation of the joint bag with the formation of fluid in it.
There are several varieties of bursitis in this area, based on the bag in which it develops:
- Faithful. Suffer from this pathology, mainly athletes (most of these are women), which is due to a small difference in the structure of pelvic bones.
- Screwed and scalloped. The main sign of this inflammation is the appearance of edema and pain in the inguinal ligament, which becomes more pronounced in the extensor movement of the thigh.
- The ischium. Pain with this type of pathological process is intensified during flexion of the hip.
Predisposition to the development of bursitis is of elderly and elderly women, but men almost always bypass the disease.
Location of synovial bags in the hip joint
The occurrence of bursitis is provoked by the following factors:
- hip injury of various origin;
- Permanent joint loads that occur during running or long standing on the legs;
- different length of legs, with a difference of 3 to 4 cm, not only does the gait change, but irritation articulates the hip joint;
- the presence of rheumatoid arthritis as a major disease;
- operations that were previously performed on the hip joint and consisted in its endoprosthetics;
- diseases of the spine and joints, which include scoliosis, arthritis, arthrosis or other pathological condition;
- presence of bone spur.
The main symptoms that characterize bursitis of the hip are pains of a different nature, which change with the course of the disease as follows:
- First of all, the patient notices unpleasant sensations in the thigh, namely in his outer part.
- As the pathological process develops, the pain in the site of inflammation decreases slightly, and begins to spread to other areas of the joint.
- Pain sensations increase during flexion and extension of the thigh. Also, people who have bursitis, note difficulties in prolonged exposure to the side.
In the presence of bursitis of the pouch, the pain is pronounced and spreads over the thigh and has properties that increase with various movements and ascents along the stairs.
If an infection is associated with the inflammatory process in the hip joint, purulent bursitis is likely to develop.
At this condition, a sharp pain develops, which accompanies the movement of the hip. For this reason, the patient keeps his leg bent and slightly outward.
During palpation, you can detect swelling..
There are symptoms that can help diagnose different types of bursitis of the hip joint..
To identify the inflammatory process, which takes place in the subcutaneous bursa of a large trochanter and deep bag, it is necessary to evaluate its displacement during the movement of the foot back.
In the case of inflammation of the synovial bag, this displacement is not noted.
To suspect bursitis of the hip joint, the doctor can, based on the patient's complaints of pain in the thigh, which with local administration of pain medication is significantly reduced.
Most often, painful sensations arise when you move on a ladder or stay in the lying position for a long time on the sick side.
To confirm the diagnosis, an X-ray examination can be recommended that will help to exclude the presence of arthritis and identify (not in all cases) the possible deposition of calcium in the joint bag.
Symptoms and treatment of the disease depend on each other. The method of therapy will be chosen, based on whether the infection has connected to the inflammatory process or not.
If bursitis of the hip joint is not complicated by infection, then its treatment is to use a compress with ice, drugs to stop pain and relieve inflammation, the correct amount of physical labor and recreation. In some cases, aspiration of synovial fluid from the inflamed joint is required.
The essence of the procedure is to remove the fluid with a needle and a special syringe. It is performed exclusively by medical personnel under sterile conditions.
If necessary, the doctor decides and sends a remote liquid to the laboratory for additional research.
The main drug for treating this form of bursitis is cortisone, which is injected directly into the joint bag. The procedure is performed immediately after the fluid aspiration process.
Also, a positive fact in the process of therapy of bursitis can help:
- weight loss;
- use of special shoes and insoles;
- physiotherapeutic procedures;
- avoiding steps and direct pressure on the inflamed joint.
This form of bursitis occurs very rarely and requires additional study. For this, a synovial fluid is taken and sent to the laboratory to determine the pathogen and the antibiotic to which the causative agent exhibits sensitivity.
Treatment of infectious bursitis is the following:
- iv administration of antibiotic;
- suction of fluid from the cavity of the synovial bag;
- operative intervention for excision of the inflamed articular bag.
Surgical intervention on the joint with bursitis is very rare, and its use is resorted to when other methods of therapy have proved ineffective. During the operation, the surgeon removes the focus of inflammation, which will allow the hip joint to work fully.
Invasive intervention using arthroscopic technique is a modern way of treating hip joint pathology. At the same time, a small incision is made on the patient's thigh, through which the synovial bag is removed.
An important advantage of this technique is a short and easier recovery period.
It is worth noting that in the presence of an acute inflammatory process, one must go to a medical institution without fail.
Traditional medicine includes the use of decoctions and compresses based on natural ingredients.
Recipe # 1. To prepare the decoction, you can use the following herbs:
- burdock root;
- St. John's wort;
- herb yarrow.
It is quite easy to prepare the broth. For this it is enough to take 1-2 tablespoons of dry grass, add 250 milliliters of boiling water and insist for no more than half an hour.
At the end of this time, it is necessary to strain the finished product and dilute with ordinary water in a ratio of 1 to 1.
The broth should be drunk to 150 milliliters before each meal.
Recipe # 2. To prepare the medicine you need to take half a liter of pine needles and pour 5 liters of water, boil for 15 minutes and let stand for at least 12 hours.
The resulting solution is used as a bath or lotion for the inflamed joint, while the water should have a temperature of at least 40 degrees, and the duration of the procedure is 40 minutes. If you need a full bath of infusion, the number of components is proportionally increased.
Recipe # 3. To treat bursitis, you can use the most common cabbage, namely, its leaves.
From it you need to cut veins, shake a little, so that the juice begins to be allocated and attached to the inflamed joint. This procedure is important to conduct regularly several times a day.
If all the conditions are met, the inflammation will be within 7 days.
Onion, soap and honey
Melted honey in a water bath with soap is used as a compress for bursitis of the hip joint
To prepare a mixture for a compress, you will need:
Take 50 grams of honey and ordinary soap, melt in a water bath and put on a clean cotton cloth.
The bulb must be peeled off, cut very finely, put a mixture of soap and honey on top and wrap around the inflamed joint. On top you need to wrap food film and a warm blanket.
The compress should be on the body the whole night, and the duration of the course of treatment is 14 days.
You can treat bursitis of the hip joint using a golden mustache.
To do this, it is necessary to crush a tablespoon of mustache plants, pour 250 milliliters of water, boil for about 7 minutes and insist no more than an hour.
In the ready-made broth, wet a piece of tissue, attach to the affected joint in the form of a compress, which must be on the body the whole night. The course of treatment is 20 procedures.
Propolis, which is infused with alcohol at home or bought ready-made in a pharmacy, can effectively remove swelling in the presence of chronic bursitis. This tool is used as a compress.
The tincture of horsetail has the same properties. Buy in the pharmacy 250 grams of grass, put a half-liter jar on the floor and pour over with vodka or alcohol.
Only 7 days and the tool is ready for use. Its main purpose is to compress at night. You can alternate the procedures using horsetail and propolis.
To prevent the development of bursitis, the following should be done:
- Limit physical activity, which increases inflammation;
- eliminate the burden on the affected joint;
- control weight;
- maintain muscle in tone;
- Use special tabs and insole for shoes if there are unequal lengths of legs.
It is important to understand that it is easier to prevent the disease than to treat it. If necessary, perform heavy physical labor with a fixation bandage.
please select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter.
EUROPEAN CLINIC OF SPORT TRAUMATOLOGY AND ORTHOPEDICS (EMC Orlovski)
Round the clock. Russia, Moscow, Orlovsky pereulok d. 7 +7 (495) 241-49-38
Interpretation of the results of PET CT from another health facility - 5700 rubles. Remote telemonitoring of the state of health - 5800 rubles.
Doctor's consultation / Consultation:
- orthopedist-traumatologist - 10700 rubles.
- Surgeon 10700 rub.
- Lecture of a specialist doctor - 35000 rub.
- Foreign surgeon-traumatologist - 9600 rub.
Russian-Israeli Medical Center "Re-Clinic"
Mon-Fri: 0: 0 - 1: 0 Russia, Moscow, 2nd Tverskoy-Yamskaya Pereulok, 10 Building 916) 053-59-08, +7 (910) 003-03-83
- Admission Ph.D. for arthroplasty of joints - 3000 rubles.
- The professor's admission for arthroplasty is 5000 rubles.
- Admission Ph.D. on arthroscopy of joints - 3000 rub.
- Removal of intraarticular bodies - 24000 rub.
- Reconstruction of the stop - 97000 rub.
- Endoprosthetics of the hip joint - 410000 rub.
- Endoprosthetics of the knee joint - 400000 rub.
How to return youth to joints
Author: Igor Borshchenko
Scope: 420 pages
Price: 249 рублей Read or Download Slice / Buy book.
Truth and lies about drugs
Author: Fedor Uglov
Scope: 256 pages
Price: 434 р. Read or Download a fragment / Buy a book.
To the legs do not hurt. Best Exercise Exercises
Author: Valentin Dikul
Scope: 130 pages
Price: 99 r. Read or Download a fragment / Buy a book.
A source: https://nogi.guru/zabolevaniya/bursit-tazobedrennogo-sustava-simptomy.html
Bursitis of the hip joint: symptoms and treatment of sternum bursitis
Bursitis of the hip joint is an inflammatory process of the synovial bag, the function of which is to reduce friction between the tendons, muscles and bones.
Symptoms of this disease are widely known, therefore at their first manifestation one should immediately take up the treatment, including folk remedies.
Structure of the joint
The hip joint consists of three synovial bags. Symptoms of the inflammatory process can manifest themselves in each of them.
- Vertical bag. The disease caused by the inflammation of this bag is called bursitis. It is located next to the trochanter of the femur. In case of inflammation, the focus of pain will be concentrated in the upper part of this bone, which characterizes the bursitis.
- The iliac-scallop bag. Its location is in front of the ilio-lumbar muscle. Characteristic symptoms in the inflammation of this bag is the appearance of swelling in the front of the thigh and painful sensations in flexion and extension of the limb.
- A sciatic bag. It is located in the region of the ischial hillock. Pain in the inflammatory process of the bag is strengthened when the limb is unbent.
The most common type of bursitis is vertex bursitis. According to medical statistics, this disease is more likely to affect women, especially female athletes.
This is explained by the anatomical feature of the structure of the female skeleton. In connection with the broader pelvis, the woman's surface is increased by the friction of the muscles about a large spit.
Bursitis of the hip joint and its symptoms may occur against a background of concomitant diseases such as:
- spine diseases, for example, arthritis or scoliosis;
- suffered injuries due to falls, bumps and prolonged exposure in the same position;
- different length of legs. With a difference in the length of the legs more than two centimeters leads to disruption of the gait, as well as irritation of the vertical bag that surrounds the joint. Subsequently, this irritation leads to such a disease as a vertical bursitis;
- operative intervention in the joints, for example, the installation of a hip joint implant;
- the violation of calcium metabolism, deposition of it on the bones, the formation of spurs;
- rheumatoid arthritis.
Symptoms of the disease
Bursitis of the hip joint is characterized by the following symptoms:
- severe pain, sometimes burning and very intense, in the region of the thigh, most often the outer part of the thigh;
- reduction of pain, but spreading them throughout the upper part of the limb;
- an increase in the intensity of pain when the foot moves, for example, when it is bent;
- inflammatory processes of the sternum bag, which lead to severe pain while climbing the stairs or just calm walking;
- symptoms increase with prolonged sitting on a flat and hard surface;
- noticeable swelling in the area of the inflammation focus.
All these symptoms lead to discomfort of the person not only during movement, but also rest.
Methods for diagnosing bursitis
Bursitis of the hip joint can be determined by several methods of diagnosis. At the beginning, the physician conducts a survey with information from the patient about the nature of the pain, its periodicity and intensity.
During the examination, the doctor conducts palpation of the focus of inflammation and Auber's trial, which consists in trying to move the hip to the side. In addition, the doctor may prescribe an X-ray or a joint imaging.
Bursitis of the hip joint is subject to both medicamental and non-drug treatment. In severe cases, the doctor may recommend a surgical procedure to solve the problem.
When the disease is detected at early stages and in the absence of complications, bursitis is treated with conservative methods, including:
- reduction or temporary restriction of physical activity;
- Use of assistive devices for walking, such as walking sticks and crutches;
- application of various physiotherapy procedures.
Treatment of bursitis of the hip joint with a medicamentous method consists in the use of non-steroidal preparations to reduce pain and inflammation. With severe pain in the joints, to reduce it, use injections of drugs containing hormones or anesthetics directly into the synovial cavity.
In some cases, in the absence of the effect of drug therapy, doctors can recommend a surgical operation to remove the synovial bag. However, such cases are extremely rare.
Some patients prefer to use folk remedies to treat bursitis. Such treatment has the expected effect at the initial stage of the disease..
Regular application of traditional medicine helps not only reduce the symptoms of the disease, but also completely restore the structure of the joint tissue. However, before using these funds, you should consult your doctor..
Among the folk remedies, the most widely used are:
- applying compresses from the decoction of medicinal herbs to the focus of inflammation;
- use of tincture of honey and apple cider vinegar;
- a flax seed compress;
- Compresses from cabbage leaves, beets and potatoes.
Vertical bursitis and its other forms are easier to prevent than cure. It is enough to use simple methods to prevent the inflammation of the synovial bag and avoid costly treatment.
- Avoid repetitive loads, especially if the main load falls on the hip bone.
- Do not allow a sharp increase in weight and as a consequence, additional pressure on all joints of the limbs.
- Use of orthopedic footwear in case of need.
- Daily exercise on all muscle groups that develop flexibility and elasticity of the joints and muscles.
Therefore, when the first symptoms of inflammation of the bag appear in the region of the hip joint immediately consult a doctor, undergo appropriate diagnostics and start treatment in the early stages disease.
A source: http://sustav.info/bolezni/bursitis/bursit-tazobedrennogo-sustava.html
Symptoms and treatment of bursitis of the hip joint
In bursitis of the hip joint, symptoms and treatment depend on the stage of the pathology.
This inflammatory orthopedic disease is widespread.
It is enough to overcool or unsuccessfully lift a heavy object, as soon as there is a risk of injury to the connective tissue of the hip joint.
How does bursitis occur?
A bag in Latin is called "bursa". Hence the origin of the name of the disease is bursitis. In damaged tissues, inflammation begins to develop. Gradually, the exudate accumulates in the joint bag.
Anatomically, on the large hip joint there are 3 synovial periarticular bags. Their main function is to prevent injuries to the joints in the process of movement.
In the anterior part there is a large iliac crest, on the side - vertex, and behind - ischial. Each of them performs a damping function and reduces friction.
Adverse factors contributing to the emergence of pathology are:
- Excess weight and low mobility.
- Trauma (fractures, bruises, falls), stretching of muscles and ligaments of the hip joint, lifting of weights.
- Pathology of the spine (scoliosis, arthrosis, arthritis).
- Osteochondrosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Complications after a surgical operation (endoprosthetics), excessive muscle tension in the area of the postoperative suture.
- Undercoolings and drafts.
- Congenital anomalies in the structure of the joints.
Quite often bursitis of the articular bag develops in women after 40 years.
In addition, athletes-athletes and cyclists, people who for a variety of reasons are forced to stand for a long time, automatically fall into the risk zone.
All this leads to excessive overloads on the hip joint and development of inflammation in synovial bags.
Regardless of the location of the bursitis, the symptoms will be the same. The most common symptom is acute pain syndrome from the external surface of the thigh.
At the beginning, the pain is strong and sharp. But if the disease goes into a chronic phase, then the intensity is markedly reduced.
Synovial bursitis manifests itself by such symptoms:
- Round tumor in place of inflammation. When touched, soreness is noted.
- Clearly expressed swelling of the tissues in the area of the synovial bag.
- Redness of the skin at the site of inflammation.
- There is a strong fever, a fever is possible.
- There is a general malaise and weakness.
- The joint ceases to function normally, stiffness occurs during movement.
The pain is felt differently and depends on the localization of the inflammation.
So, sciatic bursitis is manifested by a severe pain attack with flexion - extensor movement of the hip joint. It is impossible to sit down and just stand up.
Such burning pain does not give you the opportunity to climb the stairs. Painful sensations are markedly enhanced by prolonged sitting in one place.
The bursitis of the sternum bag is characterized by soreness from the external femoral side. Such a patient can not lie on his side.
The pain is so intense and sharp that the human sleep is disturbed, the ability to twist the lower limbs is blocked. The vertebral species develops, as a rule, more often, in comparison with other types of the disease.
This is the most common hip joint lesion among athletes and women.
The reason for the occurrence of pathology in women is explained by the fact that the pelvic bone is much larger in them than in men. The so-called large spit is located much farther from the middle of the body..
Thus, already the natural structure of the body provokes a heavy load and creates additional friction of the soft tissues about its bone..
If the cause is a fall or a severe blow, the trauma is accompanied by a characteristic click.
The iliac crest bursitis is manifested by acute and throbbing pain in the inguinal region. Inflammation captures the inside of the thigh. With extension, the pain is greatly increased.
If the inflammation has passed into a chronic form, then the pain begins to decrease. Other signs are also gradually smoothed out. In a place where the pathology develops, there is a small swelling. To the touch, this fabric is soft.
Partially observed restoration of the functions of the hip joint. But if the disease is left untreated, sooner or later a fluid will accumulate in the cavity of the damaged bag.
This, in turn, will contribute to the formation of a malignant cyst.
Diagnosis of pathology
Before proceeding to therapy of pathology, the doctor must determine its localization and make an accurate diagnosis. First of all, the treating specialist examines the patient and collects an anamnesis.
It is necessary to ask the patient about the symptoms, how much time has passed since the onset of the disease, what additional sensations Whether the patient is experiencing difficulty in moving or climbing the stairs, which could lead to the disease and etc.
To diagnose bursitis, the doctor carefully examines the patient using the following methods:
- X-ray examination;
- Auber's test.
The Obera test allows you to determine exactly which periarticular bag inflamed. For this patient must be laid on a healthy side. The patient is asked to bend the leg from below in the hip, and the one that is on the top - in the knee at a right angle.
Then you need a leg bent at the knee, unbend, try to pull back and lower it to the floor. If the leg does not fall to the floor, this is a clear sign of excessive tension of the hip muscles.
This means that the inflammatory process affected the iliac crest articular bag.
In the same way, vertex bursitis of the hip joint is diagnosed. The patient should take his leg as much as possible. In the presence of pathology, the inflamed area is not displaced, remaining in its place.
If the doctor finds it difficult to diagnose after a visual examination and Aubour's test, an additional examination using X-rays and MRI is prescribed.
These methods will accurately indicate the localization of the development of the pathological process, determine the degree of severity of the state by the amount of accumulated fluid inside the bag of the hip joint.
Another confirmatory factor of the inflammatory process is a local injection of an anesthetic. If the remedy immediately works, and the patient gets relief, then this indicates the correctness of the diagnosis.
How is therapy performed?
Treatment of bursitis of the hip is based primarily on the need to limit any physical activity of the patient, causing pain and discomfort.
Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed. They quickly relieve inflammation and stop further progression of the disease.
To remove the pain syndrome, use hormonal medications in combination with analgesics..
If the ailment is not yet very much started, then the treatment is done on an outpatient basis. The specialist appoints single injections, which inject drugs directly into the synovial bag. With exacerbations and repeated inflammation, the procedure is repeated..
Drug treatment is always supplemented by therapeutic physical training (LFK).
Based on the severity of the patient's condition, the doctor selects the most effective gymnastic complex.
In addition, such physiotherapy as electrophoresis, ultrasound treatment of damaged tissues and therapeutic massage are carried out.
Together with conservative methods apply and folk remedies. So, compresses based on medicinal herbs (calendula, St. John's Wort, plantain, sage) well relieve swelling and inflammation.
A complex of vitamins intended for normalizing the functioning of the circulatory system and restoring the cartilaginous tissue is prescribed.
Vitamins and amino acids trigger the regeneration of damaged tissues and restore the mineral metabolism in the body.
It is useful to use dietary supplements based on honey.
They will help restore immunity, direct its reserves for the restoration of the body, significantly increase efficiency and endurance, provide everything necessary to feed bone tissue. It is especially important to use such funds during the rehabilitation period.
If conservative therapy does not bring the desired effect, and the patient's condition does not improve, then bursitis will be treated with a surgical procedure. Most often, the operation is performed arthroscopically, during its removal the damaged synovial bag..
Such interference does not interfere with the functionality of the hip joint, the treatment passes with the lack of visible cosmetic defects, since the operation is performed using a small incision in the thigh area..
Due to this small traumatic period, the recovery period proceeds quickly.
For this it is sufficient:
- competently approach the distribution of physical activity;
- follow the tone of the muscles;
- own weight;
- correctly hold sports training, strengthening the muscles of the hip;
- Use special devices if there are birth defects of the lower limbs.
Rejection of bad habits and a healthy lifestyle also help prevent the development of any inflammatory process in the body.
A source: https://OrtoCure.ru/kosti-i-sustavy/bursit/simptomy-i-lechenie-bursita-tazobedrennogo-sustava.html