Physiotens is a special selective antagonist of imidazoline receptors that are responsible for reflex, as well as tonic control of the functioning of the sympathetic nervous system localized in the department of the medulla oblongata.
This drug promotes rapid and effective lowering of blood pressure. It should be noted that prolonged use of this drug significantly weakens myocardial hypertrophy left ventricle and reduces OPSS, relieves the patient of signs of myocardial fibrosis and manifestations microarthiopathy.
The action of tablets in most cases lasts about twelve hours, because its active substance is slowly withdrawn from the central nervous system.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can buyby prescription.
How much is Physiothese in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of300 rubles..
Composition and form of release
Physiotense is available in the form of film-coated pink tablets.
The main active substance of Physiotense is moxonidine.
- Depending on the amount of moxonidine, which is part of a single tablet, Physiotens 200, 300 and 400 μg are released.
As auxiliary substances of Physiotense are: povidone, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, crospovidone.
The composition of the shell includes ethyl cellulose, hypromellose, talc, macrogol, titanium dioxide, dye.
The drug is included in the group of central antagonists of imidazoline receptors, which are responsible for tonic, reflex regulation of the sympathetic nervous system, including - due to the malfunctioning of these receptors, hypertension. When entering the human body, the components bind to adrenoreceptors and reduce the activity of releasing the hormone adrenaline.
As a result, the drug has the following positive effects:
- Normalizes the sympathetic activity of the nervous system.
- In the course of prolonged use, it strengthens the vessels of the myocardium, the kidneys, and the walls of the intestine.
- Helps reduce blood sugar, improve overall health - removes dizziness, angina, acts as an easy diuretic.
- Corrects arterial hypertension, having a pronounced hypotensive effect. Physiotensis in the hypertensive crisis is considered the drug of the first choice.
Has no sedative effect, does not cause drowsiness, impaired concentration.
Absorption is up to 90%. Metabolites are excreted in the urine, 80% - unchanged. The full output cycle is 24 hours. About one percent of metabolites are excreted with feces. Residual substances are not cumulated in the body, do not produce a long-term effect on organ systems. In elderly patients there may be minor deviations due to changes in metabolism, but fluctuations are not considered significant from a clinical point of view.
Indications for use
The main medical indication for the use of Physiotense tablets is arterial hypertension - a pathological condition characterized by an increase in the level of systemic arterial pressure above normal values.
- deficiency of lactase, hereditary intolerance to galactose, glucose / galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- children and adolescents under 18;
- pronounced bradycardia (heart rate at rest less than 50 beats per minute);
- syndrome of weakness of the sinus node;
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
Relative (Physiotherapy is used with caution):
- severe renal insufficiency;
- terminal renal failure;
- severe liver failure.
Intended use for pregnancy and lactation
Women during pregnancy should take the pill only as a last resort, if Benefits for the mother significantly exceed the possible existing risk to health and normal development the fetus.
It is recommended to replace "Physiotenses" with a more sparing analogue.
During lactation, it is better to refuse breastfeeding, because the active substance of the drug can be excreted along with the milk, getting into the baby's body.
Dosage and route of administration
As indicated in the instructions for use, Physiotense is taken internally, regardless of the time of ingestion. Usually, Physiotenses and its analogues are prescribed in a volume of 200 μg per day, the maximum allowable dose per day is 600 μg of the active substance, the maximum possible single dose is 400 μg.
With a possible overdose of Physiotens, which causes a headache, drowsiness, a decrease it is recommended to restore the volume of circulating blood by injecting a liquid and dopamine.
If a patient has a kidney failure, the daily dose of Physiotense should be 200 μg, in case of good tolerability, the dose can reach 400 μg.
With the use of the Physiotense drug, various side effects can occur. The mechanism of their manifestation is closely interrelated with the particular features of the organism of a particular patient. Among the list of side effects are:
- noise in ears;
- a sharp drop in blood pressure;
- development of hypotension;
- manifestation of pain in the region of the temples;
- increased drowsiness;
- feeling of dryness in the oral cavity;
- decrease in heart rate;
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
- allergic rashes on the skin.
Side effects, manifested in the first 2-3 days of use are a natural reaction of the body. If such a manifestation does not lead to a significant deterioration in the patient's well-being, correction of doses and withdrawal of the drug is not required. With intensive manifestation of the described symptoms, the Physiotense drug should be replaced with an analogue with another active substance. The appointment of a drug with another active ingredient should be performed by a specialist.
Against the background of a significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dose of Physiothez tablets, the level of systemic blood pressure is lowering below normal values, there is a headache, drowsiness develops, dry mouth, fatigue, pain in the stomach, total weakness. Treatment is pathogenetic. It involves the introduction of dopamine and the restoration of the volume of circulating blood in a medical hospital.
Before you start using the drug, read the special instructions:
- If it is necessary to cancel simultaneously taken beta-blockers and moxonidine, beta-blockers are first abolished and only a few days later - moxonidine.
- Special care must be taken when using moxonidine in patients with type I AV blockade (risk of developing bradycardia); severe coronary artery disease and unstable angina (experience is insufficient): renal insufficiency.
- At present, there is no evidence that stopping moxonidine leads to an increase in blood pressure. However, it is not recommended that moxonidine be abruptly discontinued, the dose should be reduced gradually, within 2 weeks.
During the treatment period, patients should be careful when it is necessary to engage in potentially hazardous activities that require concentration of attention and high speed of psychomotor reactions.
Compatibility with other drugs
When using the drug, it is necessary to take into account the interaction with other drugs:
- The combined use of moxonidine with other antihypertensive agents leads to an additive effect.
- Moxonidine is able to moderately improve impaired cognitive function in patients receiving lorazepam.
- Moxonidine may enhance the sedative effect of benzodiazepine derivatives when administered concomitantly.
- Moxonidine can enhance the effect of tricyclic antidepressants, tranquilizers, ethanol, sedatives and hypnotics.
- Tricyclic antidepressants can reduce the effectiveness of antihypertensive agents of central action, so it is not recommended to take them together with moxonidine.
- Moxonidine is excreted by tubular secretion. Therefore, its interaction with other drugs released by tubular secretion is not excluded.
We offer you to read reviews of people using Physiotense:
- Sergei. I took 5 days of it but did not understand its effect in me. 260/130 today drank a pill. Let's see if it helps. Yeah, it's better to have a noise in the ears than this state when you do not know what's going on around.
- Valentina. The second time I try to drink this drug, it helps, and, even if the former drug was 180 to 10, it appeared here. I tried to believe the doctor, this time it will help: stunnedness, headache and high blood pressure, dry mouth.
- Irina. Physiotenses I take against a background of high blood pressure and diabetes. The medicine is good, really quickly reduces the pressure from 160 to 90 to 130-125 by 80, almost to normal. Of the side effects, I noticed a strong dryness in my mouth, I thought sugar had risen, I had done tests, but the glucose level was normal. If you do not notice such a drawback, then the medicine is just excellent.
Structural analogs for the active substance:
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C. Shelf-life is two years. Avoid direct sunlight, moisture, and frost. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.