How to cure a quick runny nose
You can get a cold and cure for 2 - 3 days. But you do not want to get a complication, and that's what will happen. The disease is simply hidden. You will feel that everything is fine, you are healthy. While one is not a pleasant moment, the failure of one or the other system of the body will not make itself felt. So have patience, and let the body do its job normally. For a week you will recover. Take the wand of garlic, set it on the side of the roots, it will shayat. Smother the smoke several times a day. Tears, snot and sneezing are a normal reaction. Means proven, helps. Rinse your nose with warm salted water with the addition of a drop of iodine. Drink ginger tea with honey. Good luck to you and Happy New Year!
Rhinitis or runny nose - inflammation of the nasal mucosa. Rhinitis can be both an independent ailment, and a symptom of many infectious and allergic diseases. The occurrence of colds contributes to hypothermia.
There are several good folk recipes for combating the common cold:
1) Mix 1 tablespoon fresh carrot juice and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (olive or sunflower), which is pre-boiled in a water bath. Add in the mixture 1-3 drops of garlic juice. Blend the mixture daily. Bury a few drops in each nostril 3-4 times a day.
2) Brewed or fresh beet juice to dig in the nose a few drops 4-5 times a day or wash your nose 2-3 times a day with broth beets. You can add honey to the broth. Cotton swabs moistened in beetroot juice, which are inserted into the nostrils 3-4 times a day, help.
3) Mix in equal parts the Kalanchoe juice and honey. Drink with infusion of melissa or St. John's wort - it perfectly removes the stuffiness of the nose.
4) Bury aloe juice 3-5 drops in each nostril 4-5 times a day, throwing your head back and massaging when digging in the wings of the nose.
5) Mix 2 parts of honey and 1 part of mint oil (sold in pharmacies). Lubricate the nasal mucosa.
6) Mix onion, mashed into a gruel, in the ratio: with honey. Take onions and honey mixture for 1 teaspoon 3-4 times a day for 30 minutes before eating. The mixture will be more effective if you use onion juice instead of gruel.
7) Grate the beetroot on a small grater and squeeze the juice. Leave for a day in a warm place. Slightly fermented juice to dig in the nose for 3-4 drops 3 times a day.
8) A wonderful remedy for the cold is a hot foot bath with the addition of mustard (1 tablespoon of mustard powder to 7-8l. water), as well as drinking soda and salt.
9) Pour 6 dry tablespoons herb grasshopper (sold in pharmacies) 1L. water, boil for 3 minutes. Infuse, wrapped, 4 hours and strain. Apply in a warm form for irrigation of the nasal cavity with a strong rhinitis.
10) Mix in equal proportions of Kalanchoe juice and hunter's oil (sold in pharmacies). Lubricate the nasal passages with this mixture several times a day. It is good to combine with the inhalation of St. John's wort.
11) Grind the onion pulp with a glass of hot vegetable oil. Insist, wrapped, 6-8 hours, strain. With this oil, treat the nasal mucosa with a strong cold.
12) Add 50 gr. pine buds with cold water, close the lid, bring to a boil and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Strain. Drink with a strong runny nose 5-6 times a day with honey or jam.
13) Add 10gr. crushed kidney black poplar 1 cup of boiling water. Insist 15 minutes and strain. Drink a glass 3 times a day.
14) Pour 1 tablespoon of herb peppermint, l. steep boiling water, insist, wrapped, 1 hour and strain. Take a glass of hot infusion, sweetening honey. Also rinse with this infusion of the nose.
mix on a teaspoon: camphor oil, propolis, eucalyptus, vegetable and cotton buds to anoint in the nose - passes quickly
Finely chop several cloves of purified garlic and stir in a glass of milk. Then boil this mixture and allow it to cool. Take several times a day on a teaspoonful - this will significantly soften the clinical course of the disease.
With a cold, bury 3-5 drops of menthol oil in your nose while lubricating your forehead, whiskey, nose. You can mix menthol oil with camphor and do the same procedure.
Fresh pine needles (100 g) rinse and grind, then pour 1 liter of boiling water, bring to a boil and turn off the fire. To insist 1-2 hours, strain and drink 1/2 cup 3-4 times a day, dissolving in a drink 1 tablespoon of honey. Infusion is rich in vitamin C, as well as other vitamins and trace elements. It has a bactericidal effect, accelerates recovery in case of flu, cold.
From the cold, tea with ginger and honey will help. Rub 1/4 cup of ginger on the grater, add a glass of honey and cook. In the tea, add 1/2 teaspoon of this mixture.
Mix 30 g of sea buckthorn oil, 20 g of fresh marigold juice, 15 g of melted cocoa butter, 10 g of honey, 5 g of propolis. With a cold, moisten the fleece in this compound and insert it into the nose for 20 minutes.
To cure a runny nose, it is very useful to sweat in a steam Russian bath. At the same time it is recommended to rub the sacrum with grated radish (well in half with grated horseradish) mixed with a small the amount of honey and salt, and after leaving the bath, drink 2-4 cups of decoction from the flowers of lime, elderberry or chamomile with an admixture of juice sour berries.
With a protracted runny nose, the child sew a narrow bag of linen cloth, fill it with a warm, steeply cooked millet porridge and put the pouch on the nose area so that it covers the maxillary sinuses. Keep as long as heat remains.
With a cold, dig in 3-5 drops of aloe in each nostril 4-5 times a day, throwing back your head and massaging after digging in the wings of your nose.
It is very useful to use a decoction of fresh or dried berries of strawberries or raspberries, going to bed, and this is to breathe a decoction prepared from the leaves of sage, God's tree (wormwood medicinal) and wormwood bitter.
With a cold, it is recommended to instill 2 times a day a mixture of the extract of Ledum and vegetable oil. 1 g of Ligulium extract is mixed with 9 g of vegetable oil, boil and steal this mixture in the oven for several minutes. Extract of Ledum: brew 2 teaspoons of Ledum 1 cup of boiling water, put on a light yolk, keep until you boil half the water.
Boil a glass of milk. The onion head of medium size, grate on a fine grater, pour boiling milk and stir well. Let it brew for 10 minutes, then drink warmly for half an hour.
Stir in a glass of hot milk 2 tablespoons of honey and drink during the day for 2-3 hours.
Garlic, grate on a fine grater and mix with honey in the ratio:. Take 1 tablespoon 1-2 times a day with water.
A glass of black currant berries fill with a glass of vodka, add a glass of sugar syrup and insist 30 days in a dark place, occasionally shaking. Take 1 glass a day or pour 1 tablespoon tincture into a glass of hot tea.
At the very beginning of the common cold, if it does not accompany such a disease as the flu, it is recommended to drink 1/2 cup of water with five drops of iodine.
Against a chronic cold, iodine will also help. Dissolve 6-7 drops with 2 teaspoons of boiled water and bury the mixture 2 times a day, in the morning and in the evening. In addition, during the day, you often need to inhale vapors of iodine directly from the bottle first one, then another nostril. Sea salt is also rich in iodine and has a strong antiseptic effect. It is diluted in the proportion: 1 teaspoon per 250 ml of warm water for adults and 500 ml for children.
During the epidemic of influenza with a preventive purpose, it is useful to do the following procedure. Grate the onion and for 10-15 minutes, inhale the smell of freshly prepared gruel.
I can advise ointment-evamenol. At a cold only this ointment also I am rescueed. What is good, it is without any chemistry in the composition. Right in her nose you have to smear it. By the way with a cold it can be used up to 10 days. In comparison, a drop of a maximum of 5.
And there is still a great tool that personally always helps me out with a cold. I do or make lavage-dolphin. The composition of the sea water. What is important is that it is washing, not irrigation of the nose. That is, all the muck will be washed out of the nose.
and no one used such - http://xn8sbbgmbm0ah7clm.su/lechenie/legkoe-dykhanie/nasmork devices for treating cold?
MONASTERY TEA FOR THE NOSE! CURE THE NOSE FOR 6 HOURS!
The main thing is to start a runny nose to heal as soon as it began to appear. Then there are all chances to get rid of the infection and not get sick. We now use essential oils for such purposes. I liked the Breath Plaster inhaler. It should be glued on clothing or on some surface near the bed. It is very convenient if the child has malaise. Than to drip vasoconstrictive drops, it is better to paste this plaster. He also kills the infection, and the nose begins to breathe normally. Just make sure that the child blew out the accumulated mucus from the nose.
How to quickly cure a runny nose at home?Modern pharmacology offers a large number of different drugs from the common cold. Do not rush to buy them. It is better to prefer folk remedies for the common cold, which you can prepare yourself at home. Such drugs are safe and more effective.
Decoctions and infusions from the cold
For washing and instillation of the nose are used such plant components:
- St. John's Wort.
- Mother and stepmother.
- The sequence.
Choose the plant that suits you, make sure that you do not have an allergic reaction to it, then prepare a decoction from it. In 500 ml of boiling water, brew 2 tablespoons of the selected plant. Insist 6 hours. Drip 3 drops in the nose or can be used as a wash.
Inhalation from the common cold at home
The best method is inhalation, with its help you can remove inflammation from the nasal mucosa. Independently prepare the funnel using thick paper. The wide end of the funnel should be on the edge of the dish, in which the solution is poured. Steam inhale through the narrow end of the funnel.
Use such effective solutions for inhalation:
- In boiling water, dissolve the soda, then add a few drops of ethereal eucalyptus or pine oil. Due to soda, the nasal mucosa softens, mucus leaves much faster, essential oils destroy bacteria.
- Inhalation with tincture of mint, eucalyptus or calendula. It is also an effective treatment for the common cold.
- Suitable for inhalation are various herbal infusions, most importantly, that they do not have an allergic reaction.
The procedure is effective only if performed correctly. Breathe in your nose for about 15 minutes. On the street can not go out after inhalation, lie down under the blanket, keep warm and relax.
With a cold help ethereal pairs of garlic, onions. It is necessary to grate finely onion, garlic, put in a plate and put in the room where you are. So you will constantly breathe ethers.
Home drops in the nose
The pharmacy sells a large number of different drops for the nose, but not all of them are useful. You can prepare drops yourself at home:
- Burial of oils to choose from, you can use menthol, cedar, fir.
- It is recommended to drip carrot, beet juice in the nose, do not forget to dilute it with water beforehand. In a tablespoon of water, dissolve 1 drop of juice.
- To relieve the condition with a cold helps juice of garlic, onions or plantain. A drop of juice is added to the tablespoon of water.
- Improves the condition of the mucous membrane solution with honey. Prepare it uncomplicated, it is necessary to dissolve a tablespoon of honey in 200 ml of water. You get anti-inflammatory and antibacterial drops.
- Effectively use drops with laurel leaves. In 300 ml of boiling water, brew 15 leaves. Wait until the water cools, then add a little salt and honey. Drip in the morning, at lunch and at night for 3 drops, until the symptoms completely disappear.
It is important to properly bury the nose, so you will increase the effectiveness of the facility. First, you must thoroughly clean the nose of mucus. After a little throw back the head, turn left and drip the left nostril. Wait about 2 minutes. Then repeat the procedure with another nostril.
For the treatment of the common cold, tampons moistened in a medicinal solution are used. The product can not be used in cases of severe runny nose, serious complications can occur.
Other home remedies for colds
- You can prepare ointment from a cold in the home. To do this, you need to grind the lemon, add a tablespoon of honey and vegetable oil. Ointment will help to destroy the harmful microflora. Means to use to soften the mucous membrane, relieve irritation.
- Warming is an effective way to treat a cold. For this you can use sand, salt, rice, buckwheat. They need to be preheated, then poured into a pouch from the tissue. Also, the nasal sinuses can be heated with boiled potatoes in a uniform, with an egg. The procedure takes about 20 minutes. It is forbidden to use the procedure for sinusitis. You need to warm twice a day in the morning and at night. After the procedure, you can not go out into the cold.
Washing your nose at home
Washing is an effective way to treat a cold. To do this, use water with the addition of iodine, soda. For 500 ml of water there is a floor of a teaspoon of soda, two drops of iodine.
It is useful to wash the nose with a solution of sea salt. In a half liter of water, dissolve a teaspoon of salt. This drug has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and restorative action. You can add tincture of calendula, eucalyptus, other medicinal infusions infusions.
Procedures from a cold before bedtime
- It is recommended to perform warming procedures. For grinding feet you can use tincture with red pepper, kerosene, garlic juice. After wrapping with plastic wrap, put on warm socks.
- For the night, pour dry mustard.
- Before going to bed, it is advised to soar your feet in hot water with the addition of mustard powder. You can use the procedure for the feet and palms, there are a large number of points responsible for nasal breathing. The adult should take a bath for 20 minutes, the child is 5 minutes. After putting on woolen socks and lying under the blanket to sleep. The procedure is contraindicated at high body temperature, with cardiovascular diseases, during pregnancy.
- To facilitate breathing at a cold in the home will help acupressure.
Thus, the common cold is characterized by dryness in the nose, burning, irritation of the mucous membrane, constant sneezing. After a wet discharge appears, the mucous membrane can swell. If you start to treat the rhinitis at home in time, the person will feel better after a week. First, the amount of mucus decreases, after which the mucous membrane swells. Before using the product, make sure that you do not have an allergic reaction to it.
Methods of rapid treatment of the common coldEach of us probably, at least once in my life, came across a situation where one can not be sick in no case, but unexpectedly in nose begins to perspiration and after a few hours it becomes impossible to breathe normally and do not use every minute scarves. To help yourself and your loved ones who do not catch a cold in time, you need to know how to quickly cure a runny nose at home, if you can spend only 1 day or 1 night on treatment.
What is a common cold?
Rhinitis or rhinitis is an inflammation of the nasal mucosa that can occur as an independent disease or be one of the symptoms of a cold, ARVI and other infectious diseases. In any case, the symptoms of rhinitis are quite easily recognizable - the obstruction of the nasal passages prevents one from breathing normally, an abundant nasal discharge appears, and the nose turns red and swollen. Also, the common cold is often accompanied by headache, lacrimation and a sharp decrease in smell.
In order to find the answer to the question: how quickly to get rid of the common cold, you need to know the reasons for its appearance and the processes occurring at this time in the nasal cavity.
Runny nose occurs when infectious agents or allergens enter the nasal passages, as a result of inflammation, the mucous membrane swells, clogging the nasal passages, and active mucus production begins, with the help of which the body tries to "clean" the nose, removing from it microbes.
Most often, rhinitis develops as a result of hypothermia or other adverse factors that weaken immune system of the body, also the common cold can become the first sign of an "uptake" infection - viral or bacterial. Rarely nasal congestion and permanent nasal discharge are a sign of an allergic reaction and arise in response to the body's interaction with the allergen.
Quick treatment of the common cold at homeThe most important rule for those who want to know how to quickly cure a runny nose at home and preferably for 1 day is to start treatment at the first signs of the disease.
Most people prefer to ignore the first symptoms of the disease, hoping that mild ailment, lean mucus discharge and a small nasal congestion will soon disappear themselves itself, sometimes, if the immune system of a person is strong enough, so it happens, but more often the infection manages to spread through the body and quickly cure the rhinitis becomes much more difficult.
Therefore, if you want to quickly cure a runny nose at home and for 1 day, begin active therapy immediately, as you feel an ailment or a sensation in the nose and throat.
If a person has gotten wet feet, stood in the cold wind or fell under the autumn rain, the probability of occurrence the cold is almost 85%, and in order to prevent the possible development of the disease, you must immediately take measures:
- as soon as possible remove wet clothes or socks and shoes and put on a dry and clean;
- take a hot bath or a contrast shower;
- drink hot tea with raspberries or lemon and honey, it is also useful to prepare a hot broth for the patient rose hips, cranberries or cranberries, will help and warm milk with honey or any other warming beverages;
- put on socks with dry mustard or just warm woolen socks and go to sleep;
- if there are no contraindications - soak your feet in hot water with salt;
- rinse the nasal cavity with a weak saline solution, Aquamaris, saline solution or any antiseptic solution of furacilin, decoction of chamomile and other herbs;
- go to bed, having drunk hot tea for the night, wearing woolen socks and hiding a very warm blanket - the main purpose of such treatment is to sweat as much as possible.
Treatment of a cold in the home
If you can not stop the runny nose in time, you can try to solve the problem of how to quickly get rid of a cold in the home in two ways:
- Actively use all sorts of sprays, drops and inhalations - with the use of any medicines necessary consult with your doctor and read the instructions carefully, paying special attention to contraindications and method application.
- To treat a cold with the help of proven folk remedies, which promise to get rid of stuffy nose for 1 day without the use of medications.
Treatment of the common cold with medicationThose who decided to learn how to quickly cure a cold with the help of pharmaceutical products, you need to know: most vasoconstricting drops and sprays they do not cure rhinitis, they are only able to muffle the symptoms of the disease, but complex treatment is also needed to help get rid of infection.
Quickly cure a runny nose within 1 day using:
- sosudosuzhivayuschih funds: use any drops in the nose - Naphthyzine, galazolin, Pinosol, Sanorin - all these drugs narrow the vessels of the mucosa shell, due to which the edema and mucus are reduced, they are not recommended to be used more often 4-5 times a day and not longer than 3 consecutive days;
- You can also use such drugs as protargol or Sinuforte or Sinupret - having a complex effect on the nasal mucosa;
- to remove strong puffiness and to restore breath help antiallergic agents - klaritin, loratadine, fenkarol, suprastin and so on.
Treatment of a common cold at home for 1 day
To get rid of the common cold with the help of recipes of traditional medicine for 1 day, you need to try to apply several funds at once:
- washing the nose - helps to get rid of mucus and cleanse nasal passages from bacteria and viruses - must necessarily become the beginning of treatment in any case for lavage you can use a weak saline solution, various means: Aquamaris, Aqualor, Dauphin and others based on salt water, a solution of furacilin, chamomile broth and so on. Further;
- Inhalation - clean the nasal cavity, warm it and reduce swelling and inflammation - for inhalation, you can use a decoction of any healing herb, aromatic oil (a few drops per 1 liter of boiling water) or a decoction potatoes;
- onion and garlic - finely chop the onion and a few cloves of garlic, breathe in pairs for 10-15 minutes a few once a day - phytoncides have antibacterial and antiseptic properties, reliably disinfecting the nasal cavity;
- the inhalation of raw horseradish fragrances or the use of it in food is just as good;
- Do before bed a foot bath with mustard or put on socks with dry mustard and go to sleep - if the patient is successful will apply several methods from the above, it is almost certain that the next morning he will wake up healthy, forgetting the beginning disease.
How to quickly cure a runny nose at home: effective methodsRhinitis is a very unpleasant disease that has many causes. Treatment of the common cold is carried out depending on the nature of its origin and the nature of the course. Many people want to learn how to quickly cure a cold in the home, because to visit the clinic does not always work.Some people wish to cure rhinitis in one day, however, in such a short time, it is impossible to get rid of the symptoms of the disease, you can only improve the patient's well-being.
How correctly to treat a rhinitis?Before starting treatment it is important to determine the causes of the disease. It is also necessary to choose the right medicine and an effective method of treatment. Obligatory actions in the common cold should be such events:
- washing of nasal passages;
- use of correct drugs;
- administration of inhalations;
- application of warming compresses.
To cure a runny nose at home, you need to wash your nose with special solutions. It is known that recovery can occur only after removal from the body of all pathogenic microorganisms, which is what the washing procedure is directed atnasopharynx. Therapy is carried out in the morning and in the evening, washing the nose until absolutely clean water or a solution without mucus admixtures begins to flow from the nasal passages. To prepare a solution for washing the nose, take a spoonful of salt on a glass of water. Adults can wash the nose with a decoction of beetroot, which has an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect on the mucosa. To carry out at home, fast treatment of the common cold can be done using such a solution: a liter of water is taken a teaspoon of salt, l. soda, 5 drops of iodine.
After the nasal passages are cleaned, you can apply drops from the cold. Among the drops that help with the common cold, homeopathic, vasoconstrictive, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory medications are prescribed.
Vasoconstrictors are mainly prescribed for the purpose of removing puffiness, they do not have a therapeutic effect.
Folk methods against rhinitis
If you seek help with traditional medicine, how to cure a runny nose at home, you can find many effective and safe methods. You can use such methods of treatment of the disease:
- Soap your finger with soap and apply it to the nose from the inside, carry out the procedure three times a day. This method can also carry out prevention procedures, which will reduce the likelihood of developing rhinitis.
- The mustard will help get rid of rhinitis. To do this, attach to the feet mustard plaster or pour mustard in the socks, leaving it for the night. Foot baths with mustard are also useful for colds. After the procedure, the nasal breathing and well-being of the patient improve.
- Onion is an effective remedy that will help with a cold. You can breathe in pairs of chopped onions, and it is also useful to keep onion gruel on the wings of the nose, wrapping it in a napkin. The compress should be kept on the wings of the nose for 15 minutes, repeat the procedure 4 times a day. In the nose, you can also insert small cotton swabs, soaked in onion juice.Drops of onions diluted with water: remove inflammation of the mucosa, improve nasal breathing, destroy pathogenic bacteria and viruses.
- With a cold, children often use beetroot juice with honey. Take 1/3 h. l. honey, dilute it in a tablespoon of water, mix with a teaspoon of beet juice. Warm and drip into the nose 7 drops every 2 hours.
- At a question as in house conditions to cure a rhinitis, many people recommend to use juice of an aloe and kalanchoe. When a combination of these two plants produces a powerful medicine for rhinitis of bacterial and viral origin. In addition to the destruction of bacteria and viruses, the nasal cavity is well cleansed of mucus due to the sneezing property of the Kalanchoe. Mixing the juices, you need to drip 4 drops 3 times a day.
- The juice of the viburnum is also something that will help with the common cold. To prepare the medicine you need to mix a glass of vine juice with a glass of honey, but the prepared product is not intended for outdoor use, but for internal use. It should be taken on a tablespoon three times a day. The product should be kept in the refrigerator, but you need to drink it in a warm form. As a rule, mucus from the nose goes out within a day from the start of treatment.
If you need to cure a runny nose in a child, such essential oils are suitable:
- orange, lemon, grapefruit;
- oil of thuja.
In pregnancy, the runny nose should be treated with special care, excluding the use of drugs dangerous to the mother and child. It is important to know how to treat a cold in the home, because it is not always possible to consult a specialist.
How to treat a runny nose at home correctly
- Chronic rhinitis
Each of us has an idea of what a cold is, and more than once experienced the discomfort caused by the manifestation of this symptom.
At first glance rhinitis seems something quite harmless, however, do not be mistaken, because even a simple cold coryza can provoke the development of serious complications.
Especially cautious should be treated alone treatment of the common cold at home, as often such therapy is not the most adequate and effective, and this too can accelerate the development of complications.
Among the dangerous consequences of the common cold, it should be noted:
- Sinusitis(inflammation of the mucous membrane of the maxillary paranasal sinuses).
- Frontite(inflammation of the mucosa of the frontal paranasal sinus, also "What is fronts?").
- Acute Sinusitis(inflammation of the mucous membrane of one or more sinuses of the nose)
- Polyposis sinusitis(proliferation of connective tissue in nasal sinuses).
To understand how to properly treat a cold in the home, you need to determine the cause of the disease. Usually rhinitis occurs against the background of cold infections, but there are other factors that can trigger the development of this symptom.
Causes of a cold can be:
- viruses and harmful microorganisms;
- hypothermia of the body;
- various external allergens;
- diseases of the endocrine and nervous systems;
- transferred surgical operations;
- long-term use of vasoconstrictor drugs;
- prolonged exposure of chemical or other irritants to the nasal mucosa;
- curvature of the nasal septum;
- trauma to the nose;
- influence of air temperature and climatic conditions;
- weak immunity;
As a rule, in order to cure a runny nose, one must first of all influence not the symptom itself, but the cause of its appearance.
Symptomatic treatment of the common cold should not be excluded, because often the relief of symptoms creating discomfort, helps the patient to find the strength to fight the disease and just feel much better. How quickly to get rid of a cold is a matter of concern to everyone. Treatment of the common cold almost always begins at home, and patients often neglect a doctor's visit throughout the illness, thinking that they will be able to cope on their own.
However, for the treatment of a cold at home to be correct and adequate, it is necessary to remember several important rules:
- If there is an increase in body temperature with a cold, the patient is shown bed rest and taking antipyretics.
- It is important to clear the nasal cavity of mucous secretions in a timely manner. It is most effective to do this with the help of washing.
- Getting rid of the feeling of nasal congestion - this is not just a symptomatic treatment, because the difficult Nasal breathing can cause unpleasant consequences due to low oxygen intake in the organism. What to do to get rid of the constant stuffiness of the nose? When treating the common cold with folk remedies at home, it is necessary to use homeopathic or vasoconstrictive drugs. In case you decide to use vasoconstrictors, it must be remembered that their continuous use should be limited to 5-7 days.
How to quickly get rid of a cold in the home: the effectiveness of steam inhalationsMany, of course, are concerned with the question of how to quickly get rid of a chronic rhinitis in the home, because with rhinitis, each of us faces annually, sometimes more than once a year. It is worth mentioning immediately that the treatment of a chronic rhinitis with folk remedies for a runny nose in 10 minutes will not give tangible results, but one can achieve significant relief in a day.
Rhinitis not only hampers breathing and promotes an abundant release of mucus from the nasal passages, it interferes with a person fully work, causes sleep disturbances, causes severe discomfort and a lot of discomfort, so his treatment is necessary.
Getting rid of the cold at home for one day is almost impossible, because it's too short a period to conduct a full course of treatment. However, in one day you can significantly alleviate nasal breathing and get rid of mucous secretions, Such therapy is called symptomatic treatment and is aimed at making it easier to feel patient. How should I treat rhinitis?
Symptomatic treatment of the common cold includes:
- Purification of the nasal passages from accumulated mucus.Purification of the nasal passages can be done by blowing out and rinsing. Washing of the nose with salt water promotes active moistening of the nasal mucosa and more effectively cleanses the sinuses;
- Closing the sense of nasal congestion.With stuffy nose, vasoconstrictive drops or sprays are well managed, however, as mentioned earlier, it is undesirable to use such drugs for more than a week. Also effective drugs for the treatment of nasal congestion are preparations containing in their composition essential oils. To stop the stuffing, you can apply the technique of acupressure, especially effective massage, if you spend it with Vietnamese balm "Star."
In parallel with the symptomatic treatment of rhinitis, it is necessary to influence the focus of the disease in order to overcome the disease finally. At this stage, it is necessary to understand which particular rhinitis worries the patient.
Varieties of rhinitis:
- Vasomotor rhinitis.Such a runny nose occurs as a reaction to an external stimulus, for example, a sharp change in the ambient air temperature or the aggressive influence of the external environment. To get rid of such a common cold at home is simple: the treatment is to eliminate the irritant.
- An allergic rhinitis.The attack of such a rhinitis, as a rule, is provoked by the action of an allergen. If such a runny nose appears during the flowering period, then you can talk about seasonal allergic rhinitis, the treatment for this kind of cold is somewhat different. If this symptom is manifested by contact, for example, with domestic dust, then the expert may well diagnose a chronic allergy. To get rid of such a common cold at home, it is necessary to include in the treatment plan a symptomatic therapy, taking antihistamines and necessarily exclude any contact with the allergen that caused attack.
- Infectious rhinitis.The attack of this kind of common cold always accompanies the course of such diseases as acute respiratory infections, acute respiratory infections and influenza. In such cases, the patient is shown symptomatic treatment, as well as the use of antiviral drugs. Cold cold can be cured completely in 3-5 days. Many argue that the best home remedy for such a cold is washing the nose with saline.
- Medicinal rhinitis.This runny nose is a consequence of the abuse of medicinal nasal drugs, which, with constant use, cause atrophy and severe mucosal edema. During treatment of this type of rhinitis, it is necessary to exclude the use of drugs that caused an attack of rhinitis. It is better not to get rid of such a cold at home, so as not to provoke deterioration.
- Traumatic rhinitis.This kind of cold starts when mechanical, chemical or temperature injury of the nose and its mucous membranes. If the lesions are not too strong, the mucosa is quickly restored and the runny nose goes away by itself. If it is a question of serious violations, then you should immediately contact a specialist-otolaryngologist for an appointment of adequate treatment.
- Hypertrophic and atrophic rhinitis.With hypertrophic rhinitis, there is a proliferation and a significant thickening of the nasal mucosa. Also, with hypertrophic rhinitis, a large amount of mucus is released from the nasal passages. Often to treat such a rhinitis shown surgery, so get rid of this type of cold at home is unlikely to succeed. Atrophic rhinitis, on the contrary, thinning of the tissues of the nasal passages occurs and their considerable overdrying. If the onset of atrophic rhinitis is not treated in a timely manner, this can lead to a partial or even complete loss of sense of smell, therefore, when symptoms of atrophic rhinitis appear, one should not postpone the trip to the attending physician and engage in self-medication at home.
Any kind of cold is an occasion to visit a specialist. However, not always and not everyone has this opportunity and in this case fast treatment of the common cold at home remains the only available option.
How and how can you quickly cure a strong or chronic rhinitis (rhinitis) at home? There are many different home remedies for the cold that will help cope with the disease and strengthen immunity, here we will tell in more detail only about some of them:
- Rinsing of the nasal sinuses with infusions of medicinal herbs or saline solution.Such home remedies for the cold are considered to be among the most effective. Washings help remove the accumulated mucus from the nasal sinuses, which contains a pathogenic microflora. Also, washings moisturize the nasal mucosa and help to fight with stuffiness. Saline solution for nasal lavage can be purchased at the pharmacy or prepared independently. To do this, take a teaspoon of salt and dissolve it in half a liter of boiled water. With regard to herbal infusion for washing the nasal cavity, they use for their preparation plants that have antiseptic action: a line, calendula, eucalyptus, chamomile, sage and others.
- Steam inhalation with infusions of medicinal herbs.Steam inhalation from the common cold with potatoes. Inhalation is an effective remedy for a runny nose at home, only if the patient does not have a fever. With the help of inhalations with a cold, you can at home and in the shortest possible time to stop such unpleasant symptoms as nasal congestion and abundant mucous discharge from the nasal passages. Herbs, which we mentioned above, can be used not only to prepare infusions for washing the nasal sinuses, but also for inhalation. More details on potato inhalations from the common cold, which are very convenient to conduct at home. For this, it is necessary to boil the potatoes in a uniform, drain the water and then, bending over the tubers and covering themselves with a towel, breathe deeply for 15-20 minutes. After carrying out potato inhalation from the common cold at home, rest and, if possible, bed rest are shown, so these procedures are best spent in the evening.
- Bottling of the nose with pharmacy nasal preparationsor compositions prepared according to the recipes of traditional medicine. Most often, various nasal preparations are used to treat the common cold, which were purchased at the pharmacy. As a rule, such drugs have a vasoconstrictive effect, which brings considerable relief to the patient and helps improve nasal breathing. Abuse of such household remedies from the common cold is not worth it, it can lead to atrophy of the nasal mucosa.
Pay attention to drops and sprays, which contain in their composition essential oils, for example, "Pinosol". Of course, such drops do not immediately facilitate breathing, but they will significantly moisturize the mucous membrane and eventually allow breathing freely.
There are also home remedies for the common cold related to the section of traditional medicine, like beet, onion and carrot juices. These juices, separately or even in a mixture, must be buried in the nasal passages. A noticeable improvement is already on the second-third day of application. If you instill a burning sensation and discomfort when burying the juices in your nose, you can add a little vegetable oil to the brewing mixture. If the burning does not go away, you should consult a doctor to rule out the presence of allergic reactions.
How to treat chronic rhinitis (rhinitis) at home
Chronic rhinitis is termed an untreated or neglected acute rhinitis, which does not pass quickly, and can disturb the patient for more than a week.
It is better not to treat chronic rhinitis at home, as there is a high probability of development serious complications (possible loss of smell, ejaculation, spread of inflammation to the organs of vision and others). If nevertheless it was necessary to be engaged in treatment of a chronic rhinitis in house conditions, it follows sharply restrict the use of vasoconstrictive drugs, which, as a rule, have already formed addictive.
With a chronic cold, the mucosa is extremely irritated, so rinsing with saline solutions should also be ruled out, as it can cause additional discomfort, cause burning and itching.
Treatment of a chronic cold in the home should include:
- Symptomatic therapy.It is better to conduct it with the help of preparations on herbs and containing essential oils of medicinal plants. Such remedies for a chronic cold in the home do not immediately relieve nasal breathing, however, irritate the mucous membrane less.
- Complex therapywith the use of drugs that strengthen the immune system and activate the protective properties of the body. During the treatment of a chronic runny nose in the home, the body is usually extremely weakened by the fight against a prolonged illness and it needs additional resources to cope with the disease.
- Home Mode, warm drink and avoid sudden changes in ambient temperature. It is necessary to avoid hypothermia, it is best not to go out if possible. Drinking should be warm and plentiful, clearing the nasal passages from mucus should be regular.
Cases in which the treatment of a chronic cold can not be carried out at home:
- Isolation of nasal passages of mucus with an admixture of pus.In this case, the runny nose has become a sinusitis, it is necessary to immediately consult an otolaryngologist.
- Severe headaches and general weakness(in combination with a persistent runny nose). These are the symptoms of the possible spread of inflammation to the frontal or maxillary sinuses of the nose.
- Increased body temperature, which lasts a long time(from 38C). A rise in temperature can signal that the inflammatory process is gaining momentum, and the body can no longer cope with its own resources. In such cases it is necessary to call a doctor at home, as an independent visit to a medical institution can cause a sharp deterioration in the general condition and well-being of the patient.
How quickly to cure a runny nose at home in a child?
You rarely meet a person who has not experienced the symptoms of such a disease as rhinitis. Many consider it the most innocuous manifestation of the common cold, which is very common, especially in young children. In fact, in the absence of treatment, rhinitis can lead to serious complications. Therefore it is very important to know how to quickly cure a runny nose at home to prevent its transition to a chronic stage.
Causes of appearance
To achieve an effective result in the treatment of rhinitis, you need to know the reasons for its appearance, because infection and allergy require a completely different approach. The syndrome can be caused by hypothermia or overheating of the body, respiratory infection, allergies (pollen of flowering plants, household chemicals, animal hair, dust, etc.) or inadequate moisture in indoors. To quickly cure a runny nose in a child, you first need to establish what caused it, and on this basis to select methods of therapy.
Rinsing of the nose
This procedure is included in the list of mandatory for the treatment of the common cold. Getting rid of pathogenic microflora when washing the nose is the first step towards recovery. Various solutions are used for this. Prepare them very simply. To do this, you need a small syringe (it can be replaced by a teapot with a narrow spout), sea salt or any herbal decoction.
In a glass of boiled water you need to dissolve a teaspoon of salt and do a rinse of the nasal passages several times a day. Herbal infusion should be filtered beforehand. The solution should be comfortable temperature.
You can make a more complex composition for washing: one spoonful of salt, half a spoonful of baking soda stir in one liter of water, add 5 drops of iodine. Quickly cure a runny nose in an adult will help such a procedure with the use of beet broth. It is very effective as an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent.
If you start treatment at the earliest stage, then the desired result can be achieved very quickly. At the first symptoms of the common cold it is necessary to warm up your legs. A hot foot bath with dry mustard or sea salt is made. You should hold your feet in the solution for 15 minutes, wrapped your feet on top of a warm blanket or a terry towel. Hot water should be poured as it cools down. To enhance the effect, you can add a coniferous extract to the liquid. After the procedure, you need to rub your legs and put on woolen socks. Before such warming up it is necessary to measure the temperature of the body, if it is even slightly increased, then the procedure should not be done.
Everyone knows how to quickly cure a runny nose at home by heating up the maxillary sinuses. But in order to get the result and not get burned, you should do this with precautionary measures. Heated in a skillet ordinary salt should be poured into small tissue bags and applied to the area of the maxillary sinuses. If the tissue for the pouch is not tight enough, then you need to add a towel in addition to not getting a burn. Instead of salt, you can use two small hot potatoes or a boiled egg.
Quickly cure the throat and runny nose will help inhalation using natural ingredients. To carry out this procedure, you can use a special device sold in a pharmacy, or an ordinary teapot, a pan or a thermos bottle. In hot water, it is necessary to place finely chopped garlic, onions and horseradish. Breathing with these healing couples should be covered with a towel.
Very effective inhalation with the use of essential oils or infusions of herbs. If you need to quickly cure a runny nose in a child, you can use such oils as fir, orange, pine or mint. A few drops should be added to the pan with warm water and breathe this steam for 10 minutes.
Soda inhalation with medicinal herbs is very effective in the common cold and the first signs of a cold. In the boiling water should throw a little dry leaves of eucalyptus or calendula flowers, chamomile pharmacies, bring to a boil, cool a little and add a spoonful of soda. Steam should be comfortable, warm. Such inhalations are especially cautious for children.
Treatment of a cold in babies
The age of the child should be taken into account when treating the common cold and other colds. Children who have not yet turned a year old, nasal drops are better not to use, at this age there is nothing better than mother's milk.
It is necessary to clean the nasal passages, removing the crusts and mucus, and this may already be enough. This can be done with the help of a special suction device, which is available in any pharmacy. Very good effect gives herbal bathing baby. In the bath with warm water, add a decoction of chamomile, calendula or sage and bathe the baby for 20 minutes, then you need to wrap it in a towel and put on woolen socks.
Folk remedies for rhinitis
How to quickly cure a cold in the home, our grandmothers knew well. Therefore, it makes sense to seek the help of proven folk medicine. The methods that it offers are quite effective and safe even for young children.
The onion gruel wrapped in a napkin is applied as a compress on the wings of the nose for 15 minutes. Onion juice, diluted in half with water, when buried in the nose can destroy pathogenic bacteria, improve breathing and remove inflammation of the mucosa.
Household soap helps reduce the risk of developing rhinitis, if three times a day, apply a soap solution to the nasal passages.
Beetroot juice in the rhinitis is recommended for use even by otolaryngologists. It should stand for several hours before use, after which it is diluted with water (:). You can add a little more honey (in a teaspoon to one tablespoon of juice) into the diluted juice of the beet. Sometimes beet juice can cause burning, in this case it is necessary to impregnate them with gauze tampons and, slightly wringing them out, insert into the nasal passages for half an hour.
The combination of aloe and calanchoe juice makes it possible to obtain an effective remedy capable of quickly curing a cold and runny nose. Bury the mixture three times a day in each nostril for 4 drops.
Prolonged runny nose often leads to desiccation of the mucous, so instead of drops in this case, use oil solutions. In the vegetable oil sterilized on a water bath, it is necessary to add a crushed bulb and insist 8 hours in a dark place, then lubricate this composition with nasal passages with cotton tampon.
In folk medicine, there are also means for internal use in the treatment of the common cold. You can mix a glass of vinas with a glass of honey and drink one spoon up to 4 times a day.
Treatment of a cold in one hour
It happens that the unpleasant symptoms of a cold prevent you from doing any important things. How can you cure a quick runny nose in this case? To the aid will come the most ordinary table salt. Dissolved in water at a concentration of 10%, it is a very active absorbent capable of removing in a short time the entire infectious environment from the affected area. It is necessary to soak this saline solution with a napkin and apply an airtight bandage on the nose. If a runny nose is accompanied by a headache, a circular bandage can be made on the forehead and the back of the head.
As a rule, vasoconstrictive drugs are used to treat the common cold (Rinza Nazol and others). They are far from harmless, without the recommendation of a doctor to apply them undesirable. The fact is that, remarkably removing the swelling of the mucosa, they at the same time carry a lot of side negative effects. When applied for more than 4 days, accustoming the capillaries arises, when the vessels can remain spasticized for many years. Therefore, even specialists, answering the question of how quickly to cure a cold in the home, recommend the use of mainly herbal preparations that have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
Treatment of a cold in pregnancy
At a time when a woman is responsible not only for herself, but also for the health of the baby's future, self-medication is unacceptable. The use of medications can sometimes cause bleeding, premature birth and promote the development of pathologies in the fetus. Therefore, preference should be given to the people's means. Nasal washing with herbal infusions or usual saline, instilling carrot or beet juice, inhalation with the use of essential oils - the most harmless ways that will help to quickly cure a runny nose during pregnancy. The procedure for heating the nose with the help of cereals or salt placed in tissue bags is also effective. But to warm your legs or put mustard plasters pregnant can not be categorically.
The cause of the onset of a cold is often the over-dried air in the apartment. Therefore, it should be moistened with small small containers filled with water. In addition, you can place special humidifiers and do a daily wet cleaning of the room.
Do not self-medicate when it comes to chronic diseases. Therefore, despite the numerous recipes of traditional medicine, it is required to consult with a specialist who will tell you how to quickly cure a chronic cold home remedies.
Tip 1: How to cure a cold in one day in a child
Among childhood diseases one of the most common is the common cold. Rhinitis or rhinitis occurs in children of different ages very often, and the sooner parents take action to eliminate the causes and symptoms of the disease, the easier it will be for the baby. In this article we will describe how to quickly and effectively eliminate the causes of the common cold and cure it with folk remedies in one day.
- At the very beginning of the illness, hang a crushed garlic over the baby's crib, which will scare off the germs. Prepare a sterile solution of sea salt and dip into each nostril of the child two or three drops with a pipette. This will release the nasal passage from the mucus.
- Washing should be done regularly - it will maintain the purity of the nose and contribute to the elimination of the disease. If the nasal cavity of the child swells, making breathing difficult, do not bury the vasoconstrictive drops more often than twice a day - for example, Nazivin or Derinat.
- Use a special pear to suck off mucus from the child's nose, if he does not know how to blow his nose. Bury the drops inside only after cleaning your nose.
- The child should be in a humid room - regularly ventilate the room and do a wet cleaning. Give him more warm drink to replenish the moisture in the body. It is useful to use drops "Protargol which relieve nasal passages from purulent mucus.
- At night, lift the child's pillow to raise the level of his head. This will make breathing easier. Do before bedtime inhalation of balsam "star".
- To wash the nose in addition to the saline solution, use infusions of chamomile, calendula, plantain, sage, oregano, and sea buckthorn, peach and eucalyptus oil, which can be added to herbal infusions. Herbs insist on a glass of boiling water for two hours, then cool and flush the baby's nose through the pipette.
- Take two fresh sheets of aloe, rinse them in warm water and squeeze out the juice. Dissolve the aloe juice with boiled water in the proportion: 0 and bury 3-4 drops of juice in each nostril several times a day. Aloe can quickly and effectively fight with the common cold.
- The recognized means of treatment for children are the foot and hand baths. Do them before going to bed, then put your baby's woolen socks on and put him to sleep. Prepare for the foot bath infusion of birch leaves and pine needles. Spread a tablespoon of each herb with two liters of boiling water and boil for five minutes. Insist herbs an hour, pour into a basin and dilute to a temperature of 30-40 degrees. The child should sit next to the basin, putting his feet in it, so that the water reaches the knees. Do a bath for 20 minutes, after which the baby needs to be put to bed.