What drugs are used to treat sinusitis, the most effective remedy for sinusitis
Since the time of zemstvo medicine, when there was one doctor in the whole district, whose specialization was surgery, the treatment of maxillary sinusitis was reduced to the principle "where there is pus, wider open".
The wall of the maxillary sinus under local anesthesia was pierced with a wide needle or trocar, after which it was drained with pumping out purulent contents.
This practice existed in the eighties of the last century, leading to the successful disposal of acute sinusitis, but increasing the risks of recurrences that led to subsequent punctures and the formation of a chronic fistulous passage between the maxillary sinus and the cavity nose.
With the appearance in the pharmacological assortment of a large number of various antiseptics and antibacterial means, the treatment of sinusitis has passed to a new qualitative level and is now being carried out in most cases conservatively.
To the credit of modern otolaryngology, it should be noted that the rejection of the surgical route led to a very decent results, both with direct treatment of the disease, and in terms of results. Much less chronic process became, much less stress experienced by the patient, relieved of the need for painful and scary surgical manipulation of the puncture.
What are the real possibilities of medicinal treatment of sinusitis today, and how to choose the least cheap and effective drug set (to treat sinusitis with one drug is still not yet have learned)?
What are the medicines used for sinusitis?
Since the basis of the inflammatory (catarrhal or purulent) process in the maxillary paranasal sinus is infection (more often microbial, less viral or fungal), then by treating the antritis, the drugs choose antimicrobial, antiviral or antifungal.
AntibioticsAntibiotics - a favorite brainchild of medicine of the 20th century, however, is not the best cure for sinusitis. If treatment is carried out in a clinic equipped with a decent baklaboratoriya and before the beginning of treatment Separated sinuses are sown for the purpose of determining the pathogen and its sensitivity to the antibiotic - it's up to the small.
It remains to choose the drug that shows the greatest activity against the microbe. In this case, one has to take into account that the result of the analysis (sensitivity in vitro) may not coincide with the real working conditions of the antibiotic in the body.
Therefore, immediately choose the strongest drug (in the absence of contraindications and, in the first place, allergic reactions to it). Most often, antibiotics are prescribed empirically, that is, experimentally, based on indications (the presence of yellow or green discharge from the nose, the body's temperature reaction). In this case, a wide-spectrum drug is selected that is active against the majority of potential activators of sinusitis.
For today, they have already lost in the struggle to the majority of microorganisms. And especially staphylococci, which are on the third place among the causative agents of acute or chronic sinusitis (after streptococci and hemophilic rod). However, often in the absence of crops, therapy begins with inhibitor-protected penicillins, which contain additional additives that prevent bacteria from destroying the drug. In addition, penicillins are still an effective tool in the fight against streptococci, which is capable of cause severe complications from the kidneys and joints, as well as secondary rheumatic valve heart diseases.
The most popular tablets are Clavulonate Amoxicillin under the trade names Panklave, Amoxiclav, Flemoclav and Powder for Suspension Augmentin. Sulbactam Ampicillin with names Ampixid in tablets and injections, Unazine, Sultamycillin in injections.
Amoxiclav is a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, active against golden staphylococci, pyogenic and pneumonia streptococci, Escherichia coli, enterobacteria, moraxella and Klebsiella. Thus, it covers most of the spectrum of potential activators of sinusitis. In tablets, the drug is taken in children at the rate of 40 mg per kg of body weight in three divided doses per day. For people over 12 years, 1 tablet (125 mg + 250 mg) every 8 hours or tablet (125 + 500 mg) every 12 hours. The course of therapy is 7 days.
The cephalosporins of the second (Cefaclor) and the third (Ceftibuten, Cefixim) generations, because of widespread use, have now made room for and have given way to macrolides. However, in the conditions of budget deficit and growing prices for medicines, they still have not left the stage.
Cefixime (Suprax, Panzef, Tsemideksor) - pills that suppress the growth of hemophilic rods, streptococci, moraxelli, Klebsiella). In half it is excreted by the liver and kidneys. 400 mg of the drug are taken once a day or in half the dosage twice (in adults and children over 12 years). Among the side effects: skin allergy, dry mouth, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, pseudomembranous colitis, growth hepatic transaminases, dizziness, headaches, drop of white blood cells and blood platelets, rarely - interstitial nephritis. The drug is contraindicated for allergies to penicillins and cephalosporins.
Macrolides (Azithromycin, Jozamycin, Clarithromycin) are used in tablets and suspensions in children and adults in courses of 3-5 days. They show similar activity to inhibitor-protected phellenines with less resistance of microorganisms.
Azithromycin (Azitralum, Sumamed, Hemomycin) tablets of 500 or 250 mg are used at a dosage of 500 mg once daily. Side effects are similar to those of cephalosporins. Drugs are undesirable for allergies to macrolides, are questionable when used in pregnant and lactating women.
These are drugs exclusively of adult practice, since they still refer to reserve funds and should used in extreme cases, so that the cross-insensitivity to bacteria does not develop. They have the property of killing bacteria by blocking their DNA. Lomefloxacin (Lomeflox, Lomacin, Xenacvin), Ciprofloxacin (Infipro, Quintor, Zindolin), Ofloxacin (Glaufos, Zanotsin, Kirol), Norfloxacin (Negaflox, Loxon), Levofloxacin, Moxifloxacin, Sparfloxacin (Sparflot).
Local antibiotics sprinkle in the form of a nasal spray: Framicetin (from the group of aminoglyosides, Isofra). The medicine is used 4-6 times a day for 7-10 days.
These are the drugs of choice in the treatment of viral sinusitis. Since most viral antritemics are treated with antiviral agents, it is expensive and useless (most of the drugs do not have a solid Evidence base), the main goal in viral sinusitis is to provide a decent outflow from the sinus and try to sanitize the cavity nose:
- Dioxydin in 1% solution. It is taken from the ampoule into a 10 ml syringe. From which it is buried in the nasal passages, which can also be washed with the drug. The remedy, in fact, is a powerful antiseptic, killing the majority of viruses and bacteria, which is undesirable to swallow "so as not to harm the stomach." In children's practice is not used because of toxicity. For the same reasons, it is not used in pregnant and lactating women.
- Miramistin is a chlorine-containing antiseptic of the widest spectrum of action. It has no color, smell and practically taste. In adults it is used for washing, and for children for instillation into the nose. May cause local allergy. Not contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation. Read more here.
- Furacillin in solutions, 2% is used to wash the sinuses. At home, the solution is prepared from two tablets and a glass of water. For washing, use a baby syringe or a 20 gram syringe. The ENT doctor uses an apparatus consisting of a leading tube through which a solution and suction pump is pumped into the nasal passage to pump it out. The course of washes consists of 3-10 procedures, can be complicated by otitis. Furacillin is bitter enough, but it is not dangerous to swallow it in small amounts (which usually happens when rinsing).
- Prothorgol is a solution of silver, very effective in the bacterial process in the sinuses, especially in children. It is digested 2-3 drops in each nasal passage for 7-10 days. For today, it is rarely used under the pretext of accumulation of silver ions in the body and its chronic poisoning, which according to the fair opinion of the otolaryngologists of the Soviet school is complete nonsense. The tool worked, works and will work, while it is prepared in pharmacies. The agent is suitable for 2 weeks if stored in a refrigerator.
Again, the Soviet operating time, forgotten and clogged with the antibiotic lobby of the pharmaceutical industry. With staphylococcal or klebsiellosis maxillary sinusitis in children's practice and resistant microflora - worthy preparations for topical application in the form of rinses or drops in the nose.
Solutions for washing the nose
Dolphin, Aquamaris, Salin, Akvalor is a tricky advertising trick selling saline (,% NaCL, that is, sodium chloride solution) at the price of decent antibiotics. Rinse your nose with sinusitis is not harmful, it is harmful to pay for a solution of table salt fabulous money. So for a bottle of sterile saline solution of 20 ml you will have to pay no more than 40 rubles.
At the same time, a 10 ml bottle of Aquamaris costs more than 110 rubles, Saline for 30 ml - from 137 rubles, and 30 bags of Dolphin, each gram of powder in each cost 190 rubles.
The same audience that patented versions of saline are recommended as less safe (it is not clear, why), that is, children, in general, the lavage of the nose at home is not subject to the high risks of secondary inflammation middle ear.
A couple of words on how to rinse your nose correctly. Before washing, it is necessary to stand over the sink, bending forward at a right angle. After a deep breath, the breath is delayed. The washing container is firmly attached to the nostril. Then it slowly rises so that the solution flows out of the opposite nostril. Washed one, then the other half of the nasal passages and, if possible, sinuses. Remains of the solution are removed from the nasal passages by active blowing out.
GeloMirtol and GeloMirtol Forte
This is an alternative to antibiotics in the fight against sinusitis. This homeopathic drug, oddly enough, works. This effective remedy for sinusitis in combination with dioxin can cure acute uncomplicated sinusitis for a week. It is based on myrtole, supplemented with cineol, limonene, pine, rapeseed oil.
The whole mixture is encapsulated in a gelatin capsule that dissolves in the intestine. The drug has a weak antibacterial, anti-inflammatory effect, and improves the outflow of secretions from the sinuses and nose. Contraindicated with allergies to drug components, bronchial asthma, cholelithiasis, in the first trimester of pregnancy and in children under 6 years.
Drops can drip during a genyantritis, but it should be not any what, and correct drops:
- Clean vasoconstrictors with maxillary sinus dripping is not desirable. The duration of their application (with a strong nasal congestion, interfering with sleep) should be limited to five days. Means of this group: Xylometazoline (Otrivin, Galazolin, Ximelin), Nafazolin (Sanorin, Naphthysine), Oxymetazoline (Nazivin, Nazol).
- Much more preferable mixture of essential oils (Sinupert, Pinosol, Sinuforte) or combined drops: vasoconstrictive phenylephrine in combination with anti-allergic fenistil (Vibrocil) or Rinoflumycil (acetylcysteine, improving efflux and vasoconstrictive thiamine-heptane sulfate).
- There are also Polydex (vasoconstrictive with antibiotic and corticosteroid), Rinoprint (antihistamine and vasoconstrictor), Dr. Taiss Nasoline (eucalyptus oil and vasoconstrictor xylometazoline).
- Sinuforte is a cyclamen from a genyantritis in the form of an extract of lyophilizate and juice of tubers. 2-3 drops are sprayed into each nasal passage once a day for two weeks. The drug is prohibited for pregnant and lactating. It can cause local allergy, therefore it is contraindicated to allergic people. Also, it should not be used for polyps in the nose and unregulated hypertension.
These are antipyretic and anti-inflammatory drugs (Nurofen, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol), as well as antiallergic means 2 and 3 generations, reducing the swelling of the mucous sinuses and nose (Loratadin, Desloratadine, Cetrin, Zinnerit, Claritin, Claricens).
Thus, treatment with antibiotics of sinusitis is not a necessary condition for successful conservative therapy. It is much more important that edema should be eliminated, the outflow of sinus contents adjusted, and the local sanation of the inflammatory focus should be carried out.
The most popular means for the treatment of genyantritisThe treatment of sinusitis is very different from the treatment with a common cold or cold. The proximity of the paranasal sinuses to the orbits and vessels of the brain, makes this disease especially dangerous and the choice of an effective medicine for sinusitis becomes a decisive factor for rapid recovery.
In the treatment of sinusitis it is necessary to use several groups of drugs, such as sinupret, sinuporte, sanorin or folk remedy - cyclamen, appoint only qualified personnel, the doctor will observe the progress of treatment and, if necessary, adjust it or to supplement. With independent or incorrect treatment, the inflammation can become chronic or the patient is at risk of getting one of the numerous complications of this disease.
For the treatment of sinusitis you need
- Suppress the development of the infectious process and inflammation in the paranasal sinuses - for this purpose use antibiotics and antiseptics - washing with solutions of furacilin, saline solutions, inhalation with drugs and antibiotics in the form of sprays, drops, tablets or injections,
- Reduce the swelling of the mucosa and increase the outflow of accumulated fluid from the sinuses - for this use means, narrowing vessels (adrenomimetics) and mucolytics that dilute mucus and facilitate its removal - sinupret, sanorin, gaymorin, sinuporte and others, also use folk remedies for the treatment of sinusitis - cyclamen, royal jelly or honey,
- Rid of the patient from pain and intoxication - use analgesics, vasoconstrictor drugs and antibiotics,
- Prevent the formation of scar tissue - in chronic sinusitis increases the risk of scar tissue formation in place inflammation, to avoid this use corticosteroids and resorptives - backlopt, spray - nazoneks and others.
We hope you understand from the above written that the treatment of sinusitis is an integrated approach using several groups of drugs. These medications can be chosen by an ENT doctor, so it is strongly recommended that you go to a medical consultation where you will write in detail what medicines to buy, how to drink them and possibly prescribe additional instrumental methods treatment.Treatment of sinusitis depends on the stage and severity of the disease, but most often, with mild and moderate forms diseases, patients are treated out-patiently, at home, without the use of punctures and other surgical techniques.
To date, it can not be said that one effective remedy for sinusitis has been created, it is necessary to apply the preparations in a complex way for recovery:
At home, antibiotic treatment should be done only as directed by the doctor. In uncomplicated genyantritis, antibiotics are prescribed topically, in the form of drops and sprays, this helps protect the body from their systemic effects. Most often used drugs such as:
- pinosol or neonox are nasal drops on the basis of natural herbal remedies, they simultaneously facilitate breathing, enhancing the outflow of mucus, and disinfect mucous, killing bacteria and viruses;
- protargol and collargol - preparations based on silver ions that purify mucous membranes from pathogenic bacteria, but act slowly and do not have additional effects;
- drops and sprays with dioxydinum - strong enough, but a dangerous remedy possessing antimicrobial, decongestant and antiallergic effect, has many contraindications, is not used to treat children and pregnant women and should only be used by appointment of a doctor.
With moderate and severe sinusitis, systemic antibiotics are used:
- penicillins - ampicillin, amox, amoxyl, amoxiclav and others,
- cephalosporins - ceftriaxone, cefazolin, cefotaxime and so on,
- macrolides - macropen, azithromycin, clarithromycin,
- fluoroquinolones - levofloxacin, sparfloxacin - heavy antibiotics, should be used only in extreme cases, with ineffectiveness of drugs from other groups.
Necessary to reduce the production of mucus and improve nasal breathing, they affect the vessels located in the mucous membrane of the nose and, causing them to narrow, reduce the formation of mucus and tissue swelling, freeing the nasal ways for respiration. Vasoconstrictors are the most common remedy for sinusitis. It is with the application of sprays and drops to the nose that the catarrh of any patient usually begins to be treated, but using adrenomimetics, we must not forget that they drastically dry the nasal mucosa and they can only be used for 3 days contract. The most popular drugs for the treatment of sinusitis can be considered:
- preparations based on xylometazoline - galazolin, otrivin, prinos, tizin xylo, and so on;
- phenylephrine - vibrocil, adrianol;
- oxymetazoline - nasol and others.
It is necessary to dilute mucus and facilitate its removal from the nose, the most popular drugs are those based on medicinal plants, such as cyclamen. For example, sinuporte - the most common medicine for sinusitis, is made on the basis of cyclamen - a poisonous plant, It can reduce mucosal edema, dilute mucus and activate the movement of ciliary epithelium, which promotes excretion mucus from the nose. At home, most medicinal plants, such as cyclamen, can not be used, so sprays and tablets based on them - Sinupret, Sinuporte and others remain so popular.
Used in severe forms of sinusitis, when the usual vasoconstrictor and decongestants are ineffective. Most commonly used nasal sprays - Nazonex, Beclfort and others. They have a pronounced anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous effect, but they have a number of side effects, they should be used only for the doctor's prescription and for no more than 3 consecutive days.
The most popular remedies for sinusitis
For the treatment of genyantritis at home, the following medicines are most often used:
- Drops in the nose - Galazolin, Naphthyzin - preparations of the adrenomimetic group, have a pronounced vasoconstrictive effect, they are prescribed for acute inflammation of the nasal mucosa for the treatment of rhinitis, sinusitis or sinusitis in adults and children. Doctors warn that these drugs have only a symptomatic effect, do not destroy bacteria, but are able to bring only temporary relief to the patient. They are not recommended for more than 3 days in a row, as they are addictive.
- Sinuforte is one of the most effective modern drugs for the treatment of sinusitis. It is created on the basis of natural plant components, such as cyclamen, it is not absorbed into the blood and very quickly begins to act - it stimulates reflex secretion in the mucous membrane of the nose and nasal sinuses, due to this, the drainage of the contents of the paranasal sinuses is intensified, they are cleared and released from the mucus. Sinufort is considered one of the best means for treating sinusitis, it is prescribed to adults and children over 12 years of age in the form of sprays or drops for intranatal administration.
- Sinupret - a combined remedy on the basis of herbal preparations, has anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous effect, liquefies and accelerates the secretion of mucus, in addition, Sinupret accelerates the regeneration of the mucosa and restores its protective properties. Sinupret is prescribed for sinusitis in adults and children from 2 years in the form of pills or tablets or drops for ingestion. There are no other medicinal forms of the drug.
- Polydex is a combined preparation, which includes antibacterial drugs neomycin and polymyxin B and anti-inflammatory - dexamethasone. The drug has proved effective in the treatment of most bacterial infections of the nasal passages and external auditory canals. It is used for the treatment of acute and chronic sinusitis in the form of nasal spray in adults and children from 2 years.
Today, a huge number of different drugs and their analogues for the treatment of sinusitis have been created, even it is difficult for a specialist to understand all of this diversity and assign the appropriate treatment. Therefore, do not try to treat this dangerous disease yourself, at home, without going to the doctor, it can lead to complications or chronic inflammation.
How to cure sinusitis
Sinusitis is a common disease characterized by inflammation of the mucous membrane of the paranasal sinus, which occurs in the acute, odontogenic, fungal, allergic, dontogenic forms. Timely determination of the disease, understanding what symptoms and treatment of sinusitis in children and adults is what is needed for recovery. The cause of the development is respiratory infection, allergic reaction, curvature of the nasal septum, chronic diseases of the oral cavity. Treatment consists in an integrated approach.
How to treat sinusitis in the home
Treatment of nasal disease consists of several areas, which are directed at all efforts in the treatment of sinusitis at home. Among them are:
- Elimination of the cause of the disease. In this case, drugs are prescribed that fight the causative agent of the disease: antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic.
- Removal of inflammation and improvement of the state of the sinus. For therapy, the washing of the nasal cavity, drugs with substances that promote the excretion of mucus are prescribed. Effective solutions from table salt and sea salt.
- Vasodilating drops. Used to improve drainage, as they remove puffiness of the mucosa. At home, broths are prepared for washing the nose with St. John's wort, propolis, Kalanchoe, Sophora, drops of eucalyptus, cyclamen. Sometimes a chestnut is used. Drainage as a treatment is more effective after washing with antiseptic agents, for example, Dauphin. Treatment of inflammation of the maxillary sinuses with the drug is without complications.
- Thermal procedures. Treatment at home involves warming the area of the nose with dry heat. To do this, you need a warm egg, salt, blue bioptron lamp. Contra-indicated warming in the acute form of the disease.
- With severe pain, compresses with hydrocortisone and dimexide are made.
- The use of homeopathy, alternative treatments like leeches.
According to statistics, treatment with folk remedies has a positive result. There are a large number of drops, solutions for rinsing, compresses and ointments. Treatment is impossible without regular washing with a solution of sodium chloride before dropping drops. Home therapy excludes funds that cause the patient signs of intolerance. The proposed methods of treatment are suitable for adults and children alike.
Effective folk remedies
Treatment of sinusitis with folk remedies, the most effective of which have been known for a long time, is the regular use of herbal remedies, compositions that do not cause complications. The proposed methods are good if the disease is treated without punctures in the future. Among traditional medicine, the following are distinguished:
- Application of inhalations with propolis. The cooking scheme is simple: in a saucepan it is required to boil two liters of water. Add two teaspoons of spirituous tincture of propolis. After the pan is removed from the fire. The patient breathes the ferry, bending over the pan. He holds his head above the pan and covers the top with a blanket.
- Preparation of drops on the basis of honey. Grass celandine finely chopped, mixed with honey and aloe juice in equal amounts. It is buried in two or three drops in each nostril. The daily rate is three to five times. Contraindications for allergic reactions.
- Application of rosehip oil. Therapy of sinusitis at home is effective when using rose hips or sea buckthorn oil. Drops are digested three times a day, have a facilitating effect. Effective in acute, chronic and purulent maxillary sinusitis. Do not bury children under two years of age.
- Use of herbs. The herbal collection is taken internally. It is allowed to use in the absence of intolerance. The recipe is generally available: you will need to put two or three spoons of chamomile, sage, lavender, eucalyptus or St. John's wort in glassware. Grasses are thoroughly mixed, the prepared collection is poured with two liters of boiling water, and then it is infused at room temperature. The broth is taken one hundred grams every three hours. Treatment of maxillary sinusitis in adults at home involves a course within 14 days.
- Compresses made of clay. In hot water, 50 grams of clay are mixed. Two pieces of gauze are wetted in vegetable oil and superimposed on the nose. Clay is applied to the nose over the gauze. Compress in case of illness lasts thirty minutes.
- Compress from laurel leaves. A branch of leaves is flooded with water, brought to a boil. It's getting cold. In the finished solution, a napkin is wetted and applied for one hour on the sinuses of the nose. The face is covered with a towel from above.
Antibiotics treat the disease only with bacterial form. The use of drugs in other forms leads to side effects. The bacterial form is formed due to the growth of streptococcus bacteria, staphylococcus, so antibiotics are selected with the content of active substances. These can be funds of the penicillin group - Amosin, Ampicillin, Amoxiclav, Ecoclav, "Dolphin macrolides - "Sumamed "Macropen "Clarithromycin fluoroquinolones - "Ofloxacin, Lomefloxacin.
Treatment of chronic sinusitis in adults involves the use of "Bioparox". The drug is used for inhalation, in neglected forms, the drug is administered through the nose. The doctor appoints the dosage individually. Treat without a puncture sinusitis is well ointment Vishnevsky, which has a warming and anti-inflammatory effect. Relieves exacerbation, eliminates the need for piercing. Quickly relieves the cold at an early stage.
An interesting method of combating sinusitis was suggested by Professor Neumyvakin: treatment of the disease consists in application of hydrogen peroxide (3%), because it is a strong antiseptic, coping with any form disease. Treatment of the sinusitis of the house consists of rinsings and instillations of drops. One or two drops are instilled. The daily rate is two to three times. For the solution, the peroxide is diluted with water in equal amounts.
Features of treatment of sinusitis
The peculiarity of treatment in adults at home and during inpatient treatment is a combination of different methods - taking medications, physiotherapy, and other procedures. The initial stage can be treated quickly, does not require antibiotics, just follow the recommendations. The sinusitis can be left-sided, right-sided or spread to both sides. After treatment of sinusitis it is important not to get sick again.
To treat without a puncture the chronic form of a genyantritis it is possible by means of brainings of sinuses, application of the medical products directed on excretion of a sputum: for this purpose mucolytics are registered. Flushing is carried out by weak solutions of table salt at home or saline solutions at a reception with an otolaryngologist. As an auxiliary therapy, vitamins, fortified preparations are taken.
Acute antritis often has a two-sided shape. Therapy is aimed at eliminating a purulent focus, consists of general physiotherapy, the use of local and anti-inflammatory drugs. The drugs are aimed at excretion of sputum and improvement of breathing. Effective are drugs for removing pus through the mouth. The course of treatment lasts 2 weeks.
Treatment of sinusitis in a hospital
In the hospital, the treatment takes place according to a scheme in which antibiotics, washing, drops, physiotherapy are simultaneously involved. A special device, known as the "Cuckoo removes purulent discharge from the nose without a puncture. The action of the device resembles a domestic wash, but they use antibiotics, soothing mucous compositions, saline solutions. Get rid of sinusitis will forever help modern tools and techniques.
With the help of a puncture
Puncture is a simple operation, during which purulent accumulations with clots of blood are removed from the sinuses. After the puncture, the sinuses are washed abundantly with saline solution with the addition of medications. It is prescribed only in the absence of the result of medical treatment after ultrasound. Punctures are used in the treatment of illness for adults and children, the soreness is average, it all depends on the sensitivity of the patient.
Treatment with a laser method promotes rapid recovery without further complications. This is a non-surgical method that does not require in-patient treatment. The laser eliminates puffiness, promotes the excretion of sputum. Treatment consists of several procedures in the interval of 1-2 weeks, while the patient does not feel any discomfort. The procedure has a quick, painless rehabilitation period.
How to treat sinusitis in pregnancy
During the period of gestation and lactation, the treatment of the disease involves carrying out lavage and taking medicines based on medicinal plants (homeopathic). Severe forms of the disease allow the doctor to prescribe antibiotics, but not a puncture. Safe therapy is the use of "cuckoo". If the temperature rises, wipes with a damp sponge help, a cool shower.
What will happen if you do not treat a genyantritis
Lack of timely treatment leads to the development of a chronic form, in which there are regular headaches, weakness, shortness of breath, purulent mucus with an unpleasant odor. Later the development of sinusitis leads to osteoperiosty, meningitis, sepsis, neuritis, purulent otitis. Proper treatment eliminates complications, saves from pain.
Video on how to cure maxillary sinusitis without puncture
Want to know all about how to treat sinusitis in children, adults? Are you interested in modern methods of getting rid of the disease in adults? Presented below video clips will reveal all secrets, help to make a harmonious picture of the disease and follow the recommendations to forget about the ailment, do not remember more about medications, procedures, hospitals, punctures.
Komarovsky on the symptoms and treatment of sinusitis in children
How to treat sinusitis in adults
Feedback on treatment methods
Olya, 23 years old: I suffer from childhood, acute catarrhal form of sinusitis due to untimely treatment has developed into chronic. When there is a strong cold and the symptoms of sinusitis I use Vishnevsky ointment. Ointment warms the sinuses of the nose and promotes the excretion of phlegm. For a week I completely recover and return to work. Together with ointment I do inhalations and lavages.
Anatoly, 30 years old: What is the genyantritis I learned just recently, delayed with treatment. The doctors were sent for surgery (puncture). Friends advised to use the cuckoo, helped, pus left without surgery. I expected strong pains, but it did.
Anna, 34 years old: A child often picks up colds from children. This time the rhinitis has passed in a genyantritis. She refused antibiotics and drugs and decided to use folk remedies. The child was helped by aloe juice and inhalation. In addition, she made decoctions of medicinal plants.
Treatment of maxillary sinusitis in adults: what drugs are used to treat sinusitisTreatment of maxillary sinusitis in adults is prescribed by the results of additional diagnosis.
Due to the fact that the symptoms of maxillary sinusitis in an adult also resemble an acute frontitis, an allergic runny nose and other diseases, in addition to a rhinoscopy, examination of nasal passages with using special mirrors and a general blood test to determine the presence of an inflammatory process in the body, other types of clinical examinations:
- X-ray of the nasal sinuses;
- Ultrasound of the nasal cavity;
- computed tomography of the facial region of the skull (appointed in difficult cases);
- a puncture of maxillary sinuses with the subsequent bacteriological research of the taken material.
The drugs that help with cold symptoms usually do not help with the treatment of sinusitis in adults. Nasal sprays can even exacerbate the problem if they are used for too long, because they can lead to increased swelling.
For the treatment of sinusitis in adults, specific drugs should be used. Than to treat this disease?
Antibiotics are often prescribed for sinusitis. Most people recover completely from sinusitis within a week or so without the use of antibiotics, but they can help to recover faster if used effectively.
Other methods of managing the symptoms of sinusitis include:
- Steam inhalations, including several drops of eucalyptus oil;
- Hot compresses applied to the nasal sinus;
- Anesthetics such as paracetamol.
It is important to know
For those who suffer from sinusitis, it is important to understand what is the "trigger" for the disease. For example, a disease can cause hay fever or a severe cold.
Surgical intervention to drain pus and improve mucus outflow from the sinuses can be a treatment option for persistent cases of sinusitis.
In parallel with drug therapy, or at the stage of transition of the acute stage of the disease to its average form, physiotherapeutic procedures are prescribed, the course of which is 10-12 sessions:
- microwave therapy;
- treatment with a lamp of solux;
Washing of the nasal sinuses with a solution of furacilin or salt water in the treatment of sinusitis in adults promotes the purification of the nostrils from pus and mucus, in connection with which:
- breathing is facilitated;
- reduces swelling;
- extinguishes the inflammation;
- the protective properties of the nasal cavity shell are improved.
Nasal flushing is effective only if the nasal passages are not clogged with mucus; otherwise, vasoconstrictive drops must be dripped before rinsing. If the procedure is performed independently, it is important not to let the solution penetrate into the middle ear in order to avoid its inflammation.
It is worth noting
For washing, you can also use the infusion of eucalyptus, chamomile or marigold, these herbs have a powerful anti-inflammatory effect.
Often, doctors prescribe the antiviral, immunomodulating agent Sinupret tablets. This medication is indicated for those who do not accept conventional medication.
Indications for puncture of the maxillary sinus are not present in patients with uncomplicated sinusitis. However, surgery can be urgently indicated for patients experiencing additional complications with sinuses, including orbital abscess, epidural abscess, meningitis and brain abscess.
Surgical treatment is also indicated for the treatment of acute invasive fungal rhinosinusitis, at which mortality remains high, despite timely sanation and systemic antifungal therapy.
How is the puncture done? Under local anesthesia, through a channel formed through a sinus puncture, the patient is rinsed with maxillary sinuses and injected with medicines and enzymes:
It is important to know
Although most people note an improvement in the quality of life after surgery on the maxillary sinus, problems can be repeated, sometimes even after a short period of time.
Treatment of sinusitis with folk remedies is used as an independent or additional method for the initial stages of the disease and in any case should be carried out after consultation with the otolaryngologist. Important role is played by the prevention of sinusitis in the common cold, colds and other chronic diseases that are repeatedly transferred by an adult. It should also include diseases of the oral cavity and gums, normal caries.
With the timely and correct treatment of sinusitis in adults, the prognosis is quite favorable: in most cases, the person completely recovers. Unfortunately, the chances of getting rid of chronic sinusitis are much less, it is possible to achieve a stable remission, but in case of a decrease in immunity the disease may worsen..
Treatment of sinusitis in the home
With the onset of the cold period of the year often have to face cold and viral diseases. Incorrect or untimely treatment can lead to complications, one of which is sinusitis. Drug support for this disease is important, but it is also possible to treat sinusitis at home. Proper use of recommendations and systematic procedures will quickly remove unpleasant painful symptoms. If you had to face this disease for the first time, there is a chance to prevent the transition of genyantritis to a chronic stage.
What is genyantritis
Disease of maxillary sinusitis is common, but not everyone understands why it arises and how to distinguish a common catarrhal rhinitis from an inflammation of the maxillary sinus. The information offered will help you learn how to cure a runny nose at home, deal with symptoms, understand why and under what conditions the disease begins, like the maxillary sinusitis.
The first signs of the appearance of sinusitis are very similar to cold symptoms. In children and adults, they often are the same - it's fever, chills, runny nose, headache, general malaise and weakness. When the maxillary sinus is inflamed, it can feel like teeth, forehead ache. During the complication, redness, swelling of the eyelids, eyes are aching. When treatment of the acute form of sinusitis was not completed completely, the disease can go to a chronic stage. Then the nasal voice, discharge from the nose can become permanent companions.
Inflammation of the sinus mucosa is diagnosed with catarrhal sinusitis, which is common in school-age children. If you do not engage in timely treatment, the disease can develop into a stage of right-sided, left-sided or bilateral sinusitis. Noticing a tumor near the eye, nose or cheeks, and still feeling a severe headache, you should immediately turn to physicians for help, because so can manifest cystic sinusitis, whose treatment is not postponed recommended.
Faced with at least one occasion with unpleasant symptoms of the nasal sinus disease, many understand the risk of genyantritis, if not start treatment in a timely manner. Complications are dangerous not only for health, but sometimes for life. Nasal passages are a filter for infection from the outside. A purulent focus in sinusitis will provoke at least a disease with pneumonia, angina.
The most terrible complication with incorrect treatment of maxillary sinusitis can be meningitis. The brain is located close to the focus of the infection, which easily provokes the disease, if not treated properly. After sinusitis you should try to avoid colds, improve immunity, create a condition for complete recovery. With repeated signs immediately to be treated, without waiting for the transition to acute stage.
Medications for sinusitis
Modern pharmaceutics offers a wide range of medicines, among which medicines for getting rid of sinusitis are not the last place. To take advantage of any of these, you need to know the exact treatment regimen, and it can be prescribed only by a doctor who will take into account all the circumstances and conditions of the disease, the age, the frequency of the onset of the disease, allergic reactions and much more. Combined treatment will speed up the healing process and help you to return to the normal rhythm of life more quickly.
Drops and sprays for the nose are best used after cleansing the nasal passages, bleeding and rinsing with saline or herbal solution both nostrils. The main task of medicines used as drops in the nose during the treatment of sinusitis is to remove swelling of the mucous membrane of the nasal sinuses, to counteract bacteria, to allow free respiration.
When using drugs such as "Nazol "Pinosol "Oksimetazolin "Lekonil the flow of blood inside the capillary vessels located in the nasal sinuses and passageways decreases. Using drugs three times a day for 2-3 pshikas or drops, after a few days you will feel an easier passage of air through the nose, the stagnation will decrease, swelling will decrease.
The appointment of the antibiotic group of an amoxicillin group should not frighten the patient suffering from sinusitis. The purpose of these drugs is to destroy the bacteria that caused the disease. More effective for the treatment of sinusitis are drugs: "Amoxil "Ospamox "Flemoxin solute they all belong to the same group of antibiotics. Dosage and duration of treatment is determined only by the attending physician, who knows all the nuances of percolation disease for each specific case, since chronic sinusitis requires a longer reception medicines.
With a chronic cold, sinusitis sometimes apply Simanovsky ointment, which has an anti-inflammatory effect. Pharmacies do not sell the ready-made form of ointment, it is manufactured according to the prescription of the doctor who prescribed the treatment. A slight smell is easily tolerated. Having removed pus in a nose by washing with a solution of a camomile or furatsilina, drip a nose vasoconstrictive drops. Small twisted cotton swabs moisten with Simanovsky ointment, for a few minutes place in the nostrils of the nose. It is recommended to breathe through the mouth.
Treatment of sinusitis with folk remedies
Folk remedies, even the most effective, for treatment are good at the initial stage of any disease. How to cure nasal congestion in the home? There are several effective ways to treat sinusitis at home, which are used in combination with medications. The doctor who controls the course of the disease will tell you what to do, how to get rid of the signs of sinusitis in a short time, applying home treatment.
Rinsing of the nose
That at a genyantritis to do without a puncture (very unpleasant and morbid procedure), purpose or appointment "Cuckoo" is outpatient, it is necessary to begin to rinse your nose at the first signs of the disease and throat. If to approach this question wisely, the procedure will cease to be unpleasant. How do I wash my nose at home so as not to harm my health? The purpose of washing is to remove excess mucus and plaque, which create conditions and are the main source for the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria.
- Often, a solution of salt,%, is used to wash the nose, which, in terms of its osmotic pressure, is equal to that of a person's blood. At a higher concentration, there is a slight burning sensation inside the nose, which does not need to be tolerated, it is better to dilute the solution. The average proportion for washing is half a teaspoon of salt (food or sea) on a glass of warm water.
- The solution of furacilin has a similar antibacterial effect. With hot water, dissolve one tablet of the drug preparation, mix thoroughly until it dissolves until a light yellow liquid of uniform consistency is formed.
- Decoctions of chamomile, string, St. John's wort remove the swelling of the nose, tenderness and have a slight antiseptic effect. One tablespoon of dried herb pour a liter of boiling water, let it brew for half an hour. Strain and use for rinsing and rinsing.
Proper washing of the sinuses should look like this:
- Take a large syringe without a needle or syringe, dial a rinse solution.
- Gently insert into one nostril, slightly tilting the head in the opposite direction.
- The jet of liquid must flow under the pressure into the inside of the nasal sinus and pour out through the second nostril.
- Partially, the liquid enters the nasopharynx, spit it out.
- When the inflammation of the frontal sinus is diagnosed in the genyantritis, when injecting the fluid you need to lightly throw back the head and hold it in this position for a few seconds, then tilt it down, blow your nose.
The medicinal plant cyclamen appears in shaded forests in early spring. Traditional medicine uses flower tubers, the juice of which has an antimicrobial, soothing, inflammatory effect in many diseases. Having dug up the tubers, they need to be thoroughly rinsed, peeled and grated, or passed through a meat grinder and wrung out. The resulting juice diluted in the ratio: boiled water. Daily one time to dig in a nose on two drops in each nostril.
Ointment with laundry soap
Preparation of an ointment with the addition of laundry soap will be a good budget option for solving the problem of treating sinusitis at home. For a simple method of preparation of a remedy, butter or vegetable oil, household soap, honey bee, milk and medical alcohol will be needed. For the effectiveness of treatment of sinusitis, a few drops of onion juice are added. All the components are mixed and heated in a water bath, stirring constantly, until the mass becomes homogeneous. Cool, apply ointment on tampons and insert into each nostril of the nose for half an hour.
Treatment of sinusitis in the home in adults can be done with a conventional bay leaf. To do this, several (4-6) medium leaves to grind and pour hot water with a volume of 100 grams, cover with a lid. After ten minutes for half an hour put in a water bath. Fill the evaporated part with boiled water. The resulting broth is used for inhalations during the treatment of sinusitis or other diseases associated with the nose or throat.
Horse chestnut, the ideal time to collect which is the end of July, contains a large number of vitamins A and C, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, has a harmful effect on the pathogenic flora of the nasal mucosa sinuses. How to pierce the nose from the cold with a chestnut? The most simple and effective method of treatment is the use of thin chopped lobules, which are inserted for several minutes in each nostril of the nose in turn. Artificially induced sneezing will help to clear the nasal passages from mucus.
Chestnut oil, which is sold in pharmacies, is widely used for inhalations during sinusitis. Several drops are added to the hot solution, which with the help of steam delivers useful elements inside the nasal passage, while eliminating all stagnant phenomena of the nose. When cold inhalation is recommended to inhale the evaporation of oil of each nostril separately, while covering the second.
In folk medicine, honey occupies an honorable place in vain. It is the source of a large number of useful trace elements, has healing antimicrobial properties during the treatment of many diseases. Simultaneously strengthening immunity, the effect of recovery during the treatment of sinusitis at home with honey comes much faster. Honey, combined with other useful natural components, enhances the positive effect on the body, provided during treatment.
- Cut aloe leaf, rinse, grind and squeeze the juice. Add some honey. The resultant fluid with sinusitis is bury the nose twice a day.
- The medium-sized bulb is peeled off, chopped, poured with a glass of warm water. In the liquid to make two tablespoons of honey, stir. The resulting tincture can be used both for rinsing and rinsing, and for instilling a nose in the treatment of colds and sinusitis.
- The bee product propolis is effective in treating even purulent sinusitis. A well-tolerated aqueous broth is digested in the nose 2-3 times a day. For its preparation, a piece of propolis is ground and poured with boiling water in the ratio insist.
The juice of the Kalanchoe plant, used to treat sinusitis at home, can not only stop the onset of the disease, but also prevent a possible complication. Crushed leaves are placed in cheesecloth and carefully injected into each nostril of the nose with small tampons alternately for 5-10 minutes. Squeezed Kalanchoe juice has well established itself as a nasal drop, which is used 2-3 times a day. Increasing the outflow of mucus helps to remove pus from the nose. The vasoconstrictive effect helps to remove puffiness, and the labored breathing that appeared during the disease is normalized.
More effective is the use of oils in the treatment of sinusitis at home, if it is used in the form of drops in the nose. Sea-buckthorn, black cumin, tea tree oil - they all have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial effect. Oily solutions sold in pharmacies are suitable for treatment with inhalation, impregnation of cotton turund, moistened in oil. A prerequisite for the use of oils is the cleansing of the nose from mucus. How to clean the nasal sinuses, it was said above.
Prevention of disease
How much is the coryza treated? And sinusitis? The main axiom for the prevention of diseases of sinusitis is strengthening of immunity. Especially this issue should become the most important in pregnant women, when the susceptibility to diseases is high. A healthy, correct way of life, a balanced diet, a morning complex of physical exercises will provide good support to the body. Mandatory introduction of such antibacterial products as onions and garlic in the menu will help to fight viruses even during periods of acute respiratory infections.
Compliance with the prescribed treatment at home, especially after a puncture with genyantritis, will ease the condition of the patient and exclude the resumption of the disease. People who often suffer from sinusitis do not need to visit swimming pools with chlorinated water, which will irritate the nasal mucosa, create conditions for the recurrence of the disease. Abnormal anatomy of the structure (congenital, after trauma) of the internal septum of the nose can provoke the appearance of sinusitis. Timely prompt correction of the structure and treatment will help to avoid the disease.
Regular visits to the dentist and dental treatment will eliminate foci of reproduction of harmful bacteria that can easily move along the mucous membrane inside the mouth and nose. At the first sign of maxillary sinusitis, you must immediately apply to a medical institution for the appointment of treatment, so as not to miss the moment when the genyantritis can go to the stage of a chronic disease or entail complications. If we add to this the minimal contact with allergens and people suffering from viral infections - the risk of renewal of such a disease as maxillary sinitis is minimal.
Video: how to treat sinusitis
Find the answer to the question that has arisen, how quickly to cure a runny nose at home, help viewing the proposed videos. Treatment of genyantritis at home can go quickly and at low cost, if you do not lose sight of the first symptoms of nasal congestion and runny nose. The proposed technique of acupressure of the nose will help not only relax, but also get rid of the disease if you activate certain points. Independently prepared drops of the components that will be found in every house will relieve the cold in a few days and will not allow the disease to develop.
Drops of beet and honey from the common cold and sinusitis
Feedback on treatment at home
Taisia, 34 years old: On the recommendation of a medical girlfriend, she decided to treat the genyantritis at home as soon as she felt the first signs of the disease. I did not miss the time, from the first days of the onset of a cold started treatment with a saline solution, I began to warm up with a warm egg. Not very pleasant procedure prevented the complication of sinusitis. A few days later I forgot about the disease, home treatment was good.
Vladimir, 29 years old: When I was still a child, I had an operation connected with a puncture in genyantritis. Feelings I remember till now. Forever get rid of the disease did not work, but now I think that better prevention is better than treating bilateral sinusitis. In the off-season, with an exacerbation of the disease, antibiotics help. Treatment of genyantritis at home is not for me, I trust only the doctor.
Alevtina Petrovna, 56 years old: In my youth, when I caught a severe cold and got sick, the diagnosis was not yet on the proper level, and as a result of improper treatment I got odontogenic sinusitis. How to determine by the signs of this disease know no worse than doctors. That there were no exacerbations of a genyantritis and deterioration of state of health, I try to do washing independently at home nose with herbal decoctions, dig in my nose with squeezed aloe and calanchoe juice, which I specially grow on window sill.
Anna, 22 years old: Two years ago I became a mother. Councils of the local pediatrician help my son avoid unpleasant moments associated with a runny nose. In cool weather, I try to warm his nose, dig in water with honey. Washing very well helps, but it's still small, it can not stand it. I have one-sided sinusitis, so I know what it is. It is necessary to protect your children from birth and not to allow colds that can become a sinusitis.