1Consequences of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
- 1.1Consequences of osteochondrosis
- 1.2Complications of osteochondrosis
2Complications of osteochondrosis
- 2.1Osteochondrosis: possible consequences
3Consequences of osteochondrosis and possible complications
- 3.1Axis of life
- 3.2What for the grandmother needs a stick?
- 3.3Osteochondrosis dictates its rules
- 3.4Twisted neck - a sign of a short life
- 3.5Legs do not hold, hands do not listen
4Complications of lumbar osteochondrosis
- 4.1Why does the disease occur?
- 4.2Symptoms of ailment
- 4.3Disease therapy
- 4.4Complications of lumbar osteochondrosis
5How is exacerbation of osteochondrosis manifested, how to avoid it?
- 5.1Why does a relapse occur?
- 5.2Signs of relapse
- 5.3The chains around the neck
- 5.4Twisted the lower back?
- 5.5Thoracic department under attack
- 5.6How to be saved?
- 5.7Recovering will be!
6Is it possible to cure neglected osteochondrosis
- 6.1Possible complications
- 6.2How to recognize the ailment
- 6.3What to do
- 6.4Denial of responsibility
7Danger of consequences of osteochondrosis of the spine
- 7.1Possible causes of osteochondrosis
- 7.2How to recognize a disease
- 7.3What is dangerous cervical osteochondrosis
- 7.4Possible consequences of cervical osteochondrosis
- 7.5Is it possible to have a stroke with cervical osteochondrosis?
- 7.6Therapy of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Consequences of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Degenerative lesion of cervical spine structures - osteochondrosis - is one of the most common diseases among pathologies of the 21st century.
According to medical statistics, the category of patients with vertebral lesions detected by them is getting younger every year.
Therefore, it is so important to know what is dangerous cervical osteochondrosis, and how to prevent it.
The nature is defined so, that the cervical department in a human body is original "gate" through which in a brain enter nutrients and oxygen, the remains of metabolic products are evacuated, nerve impulses are transferred to the rest of the organs and systems. As a result of the formed complications of the disease, the whole organism is upset.
Consequences of osteochondrosis
The classification of complications of cervical osteochondrosis is based on the following criteria:
- at what level degenerative modifications have been formed, which structures are affected;
- what is the mechanism of defeat.
In connection with this, the specialists distinguish the following groups of consequences:
- Mechanical nature- Periodic appearance of painful sensations, caused by infringement of nerve endings between, increasingly shifting relative to each other, structures of the vertebrae. At the initial stage, patients manage to suppress them with various rubbing, taking anti-inflammatory medications. But over time, pains only increase and do not succumb to medication. Other consequences of this series include: the emergence of various protrusions and hernias, subluxation of joints, the formation of osteophytes.
- Vascular character. In the bone channel, formed by the cervical vertebrae, there are arteries responsible for the timely delivery of nutrients and oxygen to the structures of the brain. With the development of cervical osteochondrosis, there is a pinching of these arteries, which provokes a disruption in the activity of many organs and systems. To the complications of vascular nature experts include: difficulty breathing, a tendency to fainting, a decrease in sensory perception in the hands, an increase in the parameters of the arterial pressure.
- Neurological- involvement in the pathological process of nerve fibers. This leads to the formation of various syndromes: diencephalic, vestibular-trunk, cochlear, laryngeal.
Evaluate the numerous symptoms - increased irritability, frequent dizziness, deterioration of auditory and speech activity, the sensation of a lump in the throat - and adequate differential diagnosis can only be made by a highly qualified neurologist.
The consequences of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are numerous and can have an extremely negative impact on the activity of many organs and systems.
Therefore, when identifying the first signs of the disease, specialists urge to immediately contact the neurologist for necessary medical procedures.
Complications of osteochondrosis
In direct dependence on the level at which the cervical structures have suffered, a person can feel many unpleasant symptoms accompanying degenerative changes in the vertebrae.
What is dangerous is osteochondrosis of the cervical spine:
- Drying cartilage tissue located between the vertebrae and serving as a shock absorber leads to the appearance of such a negative state as protrusion. For periodic painful impulses a person does not pay attention, brush away from them. The result is the progression of the pathological process - the formation of intervertebral hernia. The consequences are very unpredictable - down to paralysis.
- The result is already occurring in the body of pathological processes - infringement of the nervous and vascular structures as a result of defeat by osteochondrosis - leads to the appearance in the patient of vegetative-vascular dystonia. This is a collective medical term, combining many clinical manifestations - unstable activity of the cardiovascular, vegetative system, which has a very negative effect on the entire body. In the absence of proper medical care, vegetative-vascular dystonia is transformed into other serious diseases.
- The instability of pressure parameters, the propensity to presyncope, the feeling of constant nausea and frequent headaches pain - the main signs of oxygen starvation of the brain tissue, due to inadequate intake of nutrient substances. Against this background, a sudden development of such a formidable pathology as a stroke is possible - in medicine it is called a "hidden killer". It accounts for up to 35 - 45% of deaths every year.
- Lethargy, uncharacteristic earlier weakness and decreased ability to work, with the detection in the course of inspection of low pressure parameters - drop syndrome. Its characteristic feature is a sudden faint on the background of noise in the ears and short-term loss of vision. Cervical osteochondrosis is the main cause of poor health.
- Pronounced signs of movement coordination disorder, frequent dizziness, persistent deafening of hearing and memory are the main manifestations of the vestibular-stem syndrome. The patient complains that he often flies flies before his eyes, there is a noise in his ears, there is a feeling that the surrounding objects begin to rotate, and the ground goes from under the feet. Only comprehensive examination and timely treatment can restore him normal health.
All of the above complications and the consequences of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine require observation and treatment of a neurologist. The earlier a person turned for advice and was examined with the subsequent necessary treatment procedures, the more distant the diseases will be.
A source: http://artroz-plus.ru/chem-opasen-shejnyj-osteohondroz
Complications of osteochondrosis
The feeling of pain in the lower back, stiffness of the neck, difficulty breathing, a sense of constant fatigue and head ambiguity are familiar to almost every adult.
It is these symptoms that are the first signs of the onset of a very widespread and dangerous disease called "osteochondrosis".
And if you do not diagnose and treat osteochondrosis in time, complications of osteochondrosis can occur.
According to many experts, this disease most often occurs in people leading a sedentary lifestyle.
That is why at the present time in the risk group were not only the elderly, but a significant part able-bodied population, and in recent years, the number of adolescents who complain of aching pain in back.
Modern children, spending most of the day sitting at a desk, dragging behind their back a few kilograms textbooks, and the remaining free time sitting at the computer, face this disease more and more often more often. The disease takes on a mass character.
PARADOXALLY, but the diagnosis of "osteochondrosis" is put and athletes who receive physical activity regularly.
The thing is that many sports, such as raising the bar, wrestling, acrobatics, rowing, lead to a huge overload of the spine and, consequently, to the damage to the intervertebral discs.
As a rule, this disease does not state its existence by sharp acute pain. Strong painful feelings join much later, when the nerve roots begin to suffer.
But it is very important to determine osteochondrosis precisely at an early stage of development, since in the future The first, almost imperceptible signs will add serious symptoms, which will be coped with much more difficult.
Since the osteochondrosis is affected by absolutely all parts of the spine, this disease can manifest itself in completely different ways.
In cervical osteochondrosis, a person feels a dull, pressing headache, which is aggravated by movement. Such pain is almost not removed by analgesics.
In chest osteochondrosis, the main cause of which is scoliosis, there is a pain in the chest, which increases with deep breaths, and aching pain in the heart.
With lumbar osteochondrosis, the most common symptom is back pain with prolonged sitting or standing position.
If there are any signs of the disease, do not ignore them, as the consequences of osteochondrosis can be the most unpredictable.
Osteochondrosis: possible consequences
The most common disease that occurs due to cervical osteochondrosis isvegetovascular dystonia.
This is a disorder of the nervous system, accompanied by tachycardia, a lack of air, excessive sweating, weakness and sudden fear.
Cervical osteochondrosis and its influence on the activity of cerebral vessels are dangerous. In the neck, there may be an infringement of the nerves and blood vessels that feed the brain.
Arteries experience the pressure of displaced vertebrae and transmit blood poorly, resulting in a shaky gait, visual impairment and tinnitus, dizziness, and sometimes even loss of consciousness.
Frequent headaches and sharp jumps of blood pressure several times increase the likelihood of a stroke.
Thoracic osteochondrosis.Dangerous that it is very difficult to recognize it. For a long time a person can treat angina pectoris, pneumonia or respiratory diseases, even without realizing the true cause of the ailment.
As a result, doctors are faced with osteochondrosis, which has a whole "bouquet" of serious complications.
To him joinsintercostal neuralgia, the so-called compression of the intercostal nerves, accompanied by severe pain, as well as shingles caused by the herpes virus.
In patients, immunity decreases, the temperature rises, and the organism is poisoned with harmful viral toxins.
The consequences of breast osteochondrosis can be and all kinds of diseases of internal organs:
- disruption of the duodenum,
Lumbar osteochondrosis.If cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis are the most dangerous consequences are systemic and neuralgic failures, lumbar osteochondrosis can lead to the most serious orthopedic disorders.
The first thing that the osteochondrosis of the lumbar region affects is physical activity. It becomes very difficult to stand, sit and walk, even lying is not obtained in all positions.
But the most terrible consequence to which this disease can lead issciatica, in other words an inflammation of the sciatic nerve.
With such inflammation the patient can walk only in a bent position, even more while distorting the spine.
Gradual deformations in the lumbar region will invariably lead to the spread of osteochondrosis to the cervical and thoracic spine, therefore, in no case should one postpone treatment for an indefinite period time.
A source: http://MoiSustavy.ru/drugie/oslozhneniya-osteohondroza.html
Consequences of osteochondrosis and possible complications
Did you notice that most people of respectable age are similar to each other? Uncertain shuffling gait, bent knees, hunched backs, a trail of a peculiar smell, a dreary painful look and a grumpy temper. These are permanent patients of doctors of all specialties and the main buyers of tablets "from all diseases".
What do they all have in common? Osteocondritis of the spine! More than 80% of the population over 65 years old suffers from this disease. You object: "Older people have other diseases."
Of course! Only many of them are the consequences of osteochondrosis. Aging is inevitable, but it is frightening that age changes in the spine are no longer a rarity at the age of 20.
Axis of life
The spine performs several functions:
- Support. Keeps the body in an upright position.
- Case. The vertebrae form a bone channel, in which the spinal cord is securely protected.
- The motor. Allows you to perform complex movements in all planes.
All of them are gradually lost due to the effects of osteochondrosis.
We can say that the health of the spine is an indicator of the general state of the body, since 80% of chronic diseases are associated with its pathology.
What for the grandmother needs a stick?
Intervertebral discs are elastic pads between the bony bodies of the vertebrae, softening the sharp movements, providing flexibility and mobility of the spine. Osteochondrosis destroys disks, their elasticity is lost, vertebrae are displaced and constantly injured. The organism is peculiarly opposed to this:
- With the help of the muscles surrounding the spine. Holding unstable vertebrae, they are in constant tension. This causes their spasm, fatigue and pain.
- At the edges of the vertebral bodies, bone deposits (osteophytes) grow, not allowing the vertebrae to shift.
Now the affected part of the spine is securely fixed and immovable. Gradually, the same happens to other sites.
Soon the entire vertebral column becomes like a monolith. The ability of a person to remain in an upright position without additional support is lost.
That's where you need a stick.
Osteochondrosis dictates its rules
Osteophytes, displaced vertebrae, parts of the destroyed disk squeeze the vessels and nerve roots from the spinal cord.
The blood supply of tissues decreases and the function of the organ is gradually disrupted, for which the damaged segment of the spine is responsible.
The patient is treated for years for gastritis (bronchitis, sexual disorders, infertility, vegetovascular dystonia ...), but the effect is insignificant and short-lived. Begin painful walking in search of "good" tablets.
The situation is aggravated when the vertebral artery is squashed in the cervical spine. The bouquet of violations in this case is diverse.
The brain controls all the systems of the body (hormonal, immune, respiratory, cardiovascular ...).
Here, information is processed from visual, auditory, taste, vestibular and tactile signals.
Depression of one small artery feeding the brain can lead to multiple, serious disorders of the whole organism.
Twisted neck - a sign of a short life
This is how the Japanese assess the health of the most mobile part of the spine. With complications of the osteochondrosis of the cervical region, irritation and compression of the nerves and vessels often occur.
May be disturbed by headaches, dizziness, nervousness and insomnia; hearing, sight and voice are broken; there is an allergy and acne.
In severe cases, there is an ischemic stroke.
Legs do not hold, hands do not listen
Pain is the leading symptom of osteochondrosis. The aching constant or intolerantly sharp in the limbs, spine and internal organs, it captures thoughts and limits movement. But not only pain hinders the movement of a person.
Traumatization of the nerve roots causes their inflammation and edema. In addition to increasing pain, this leads to a violation of sensitivity and loss of functions.
The limb does not obey, it is not possible to perform movements that were previously natural. It's getting harder to move. Muscles lose strength and atrophy.
The figure loses symmetry, gait stability, motion smoothness.
Intervertebral hernia of lumbar osteochondrosis threatens with paresis and paralysis of the lower extremities, sexual disorders and disorders of urination.
Complications of osteochondrosis in the thoracic and cervical parts lead to weakness of the hands and impossibility to perform complex movements.
It is generally recognized that regular motor activity is an indispensable means of preventing and treating diseases. When it is impossible, the aging of the body is rapidly progressing.
Osteochondrosis does not pass without a trace. This youthful chronic progressive disease deprives a person of the joy of freedom of movement, provokes diseases of internal organs, immerses in the world of disease.
A source: http://MoyaSpina.ru/raznoe/posledstviya-osteohondroza-i-vozmozhnye-oslozhneniya
Complications of lumbar osteochondrosis
Complications of lumbar osteochondrosis can occur as a result of untimely treatment to the doctor or illiterate therapy of the disease. Osteochondrosis of the lumbar region is a common disease.
It appears painful sensations in the lower back.
In the initial stages of the disease often occurs asymptomatically, but as the development and degenerative processes, the localization focus may increase, the symptoms become more intense.
According to statistical data, every 5 people develop such a disease as osteochondrosis of the lumbar region.
During this illness, the intervertebral discs fall out or protrude. Osteochondrosis often acquires a chronic character.
If you ignore symptoms or treat incorrectly, it can cause serious consequences.
Why does the disease occur?
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine can occur due to such provoking factors:
- Failures in metabolism.
- Presence of frequent herbs.
- Low motor activity, disorders in posture.
- Unbalanced nutrition, frequent stress.
- Inflammatory processes in the spine.
- Obesity or overweight, as a result of which the load increases several times on the spine.
- Heavy physical work, in particular, lifting heavy objects.
- Doing sports.
- Genetic predisposition.
Do not use any medications yourself or use ointments for treatment.
Correct will be a timely call to the doctor to fix the problem after a preliminary examination.
Complications of lumbar osteochondrosis can be prevented with the correct approach to this disease.
Symptoms of ailment
To address a doctor was timely, you should know about the main signs of the disease. Dystrophic changes in articular cartilages of the lumbar region are manifested by such signs:
- Painful sensations in the lower back are aching, pricking.
- Sore, numbness or chilliness in the limbs. With physical exertion or with sudden movements, the symptoms become more intense.
If you ignore such symptoms, the disease progresses, symptoms such as:
- Closed loin - represents a strong pain when returning from a bent position. In the horizontal position, the pain subsides or is eliminated.
- Backache in the back. It is characterized by a sudden pain sensation, which appears in inaccurate or abrupt movement.
- Numbness of the affected area. With this sign, sensitivity in the lower back disappears, sometimes it spreads to the lower limbs.
- Chills in the extremities. This symptom is characterized by: a decrease in the temperature of the skin in the area of the feet, a violation of sweating, and skin peeling.
Sometimes only lumbar osteochondrosis is diagnosed, but more often it spreads to the entire spine.
The main task in the treatment is to remove pain and prevent the transition of the disease into a chronic form. After the examinations and analyzes, the doctor prescribes complex therapy, which includes:
- Treatment with acupuncture.
- Vacuum therapy. This type of therapy is used in the event that there is a protrusion of the vertebrae or the presence of intervertebral hernias.
- Manual therapy.
- Drug therapy.
- Complex of special gymnastics.
With the help of well-chosen treatment, it is possible to restore normal blood circulation, get rid of stagnant phenomena and edema, and eliminate muscle spasms. As a result of treatment, the functioning of the spine improves, the disease passes into the stage of remission or disappears completely.
When diagnosing osteochondrosis, a doctor immediately assigns a reduction in the load on the spine, if possible, a bed rest is recommended for about a week.
Obligatory is the use of medicines, because in the first place you need to remove the pain syndrome and closed the back.
Medicines are designed to restore cartilaginous tissue, improve the condition of blood vessels.
To prevent the progression of the disease, it is necessary to take chondroprotectors not only during treatment, but also for prevention.
These drugs contain chondroitin sulfate, which is called to restore the structure of cartilaginous tissue.
Such products are released in the form of ointments, tablets, capsules.
After the passed treatment it is recommended to take courses of sanatorium-and-spa treatment. Very useful in the presence of such a disease are water procedures. Non-traditional methods of therapy - hirudotherapy, acupuncture, mud baths, massage are also useful.
Complications of lumbar osteochondrosis
The consequences appear when the disease is at a neglected stage. The main consequences of a dystrophic disorder in the cartilage are:
- Compression of the spinal cord.
- The formation of vertebral hernia, resulting in numbness of the foot, malfunctioning of the pelvic organs. This consequence requires surgical treatment.
- Appearance of lameness of a moving nature.
- Loss of sensitivity in the posterior and outer surfaces of the lower leg and foot.
- Ischemia - a reflex narrowing of the vessels passing through the clamped hole of the valve.
In addition, they can be irreversible. Therefore, timely treatment to the doctor should take place even with minor manifestations of the disease.
Osteochondrosis of the spine is an unpleasant disease that significantly affects the quality of life man, brings him discomfort and pain, so do not take risks and engage in self-medication.
When the first suspicious signs appear, it is worthwhile to see a doctor, undergo necessary examinations, establish the cause of pain and other symptoms and undergo a course of treatment.
A source: http://proosteohondroz.ru/oslozhneniya/oslozhneniya-pri-poyasnichnom-osteoxondroze.html
How is exacerbation of osteochondrosis manifested, how to avoid it?
An exacerbation of osteochondrosis - from this definition, it breathes with danger and pain. In most cases, the symptoms of relapse can be avoided if one knows what causes lead to deterioration. But what to do when osteochondrosis does not cease to remind of itself and increasingly interferes with the habitual life?
Why does a relapse occur?
The causes of exacerbation of the lumbar, thoracic or cervical spine are many. In some cases, patients are to blame, and such factors can be avoided, in some - only nature, there is something to change is difficult.
The most likely causes of exacerbation of osteochondrosis:
- stressful situations;
- age changes;
- sharp movements;
- lifting heavy things;
- supercooling, sudden temperature changes;
- wrong massage.
A responsible approach to one's own health is a guarantee of safety. Observance of elementary rules allows to reduce the frequency of relapses. Another cause of exacerbations is incorrect treatment or complete absence.
Signs of relapse
An aggravated disease in the cervical, thoracic or lumbar part can not be overlooked - the pain is acute and intense, and how long the painful sensations will last, no one knows.
The chains around the neck
The cervical region is most vulnerable to osteochondrosis, since the muscles of this region are poorly developed, and the vertebrae are more fragile than in other parts of the spine.In case of exacerbation of the pathology, the complaints of the patients are as follows:
- pain in the occipital part, often numbness in this area;
- pain in the shoulder, neck, arms;
- impaired mobility of the head and neck;
- shortage of air, suffocation;
- numbness of limbs;
- impaired vision, hearing;
- loss of consciousness.
Exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis, unlike thoracic or lumbar, is most dangerous, serious complications are possible, associated with the clamping of large blood vessels and brain hypoxia, leading to the death of cells, memory problems, stroke.
Twisted the lower back?
Lesions of the lumbar region with osteochondrosis occur in 60% of cases. Usually the disease reminds of itself at night. The lumbar department signals the pathology with the following symptoms:
- pain in the back, giving to the legs;
- numbness in the lumbar region, thighs;
- problems with the urinary system, constipation;
- violation of potency in men, menstrual cycle in women.
Pain increases with physical activity, it is possible atrophy of the muscles of the extremities. With osteochondrosis of the lumbar region, it is possible to pinch the largest, sciatic nerve, which leads to even greater problems - the development of diseases of the genitourinary system, an increase in temperature and even paralysis.
Thoracic department under attack
Destruction of the connective tissue in the thoracic spine occurs almost asymptomatically for a long time, most patients find the disease only when exacerbated. The following symptoms indicate that the osteochondrosis has worsened:
- pain and heart rhythm disturbances;
- impaired breathing;
- problems with digestion.
With exacerbation of chest osteochondrosis, the pain spreads throughout the sternum and the scapula, hands. Sometimes, if there is a suspicion of a heart attack or pneumonia, osteochondrosis is found in a relapsing state.
How to be saved?
An exacerbation of the osteochondrosis of the lumbar, cervical or thoracic region should be treated urgently.
Without the necessary treatment, the patient not only will not ease his condition, but will also increase the risk of serious complications.
But with all the recommendations of the doctor, the acute condition of osteochondrosis will pass through, - 3 weeks.
First of all, help with acute osteochondrosis is to take painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamins. Indicated and complete rest of the lumbar, cervical or thoracic area - bed rest.
It is recommended to wear special orthopedic collars and corsets to fix the affected area in the correct position and reduce the load on the spine. How and how much time should be treated, the doctor decides, self-medication in this case is strictly prohibited.
In severe cases, treatment is carried out in a hospital setting, where doctors prescribe painkillers with Novocain, intravenous solutions to improve blood flow. Sometimes, in particular when forming a hernial defect, surgical intervention may be necessary.
All patients must comply with the diet during the treatment period. It is necessary to eat as much fruit, vegetables, sour-milk products, cereals, vegetable oils.
Exclude fried, sweet, pickled and spicy food - they all contain mediators of inflammation. To forget it is necessary and about alcoholic drinks, smoking.
Doctors offer to be treated with the help of physiotherapy (magnetic therapy, detensor-therapy), reflexotherapy (acupuncture, vacuum).
Massage with exacerbation of osteochondrosis can be done only after removal of the pain syndrome.
After the period of exacerbation, treatment should not end - it is necessary to continue taking medications, visit the masseur and do exercise therapy. And if the symptoms of osteochondrosis have disappeared, this does not mean that the disease is gone - degenerative changes continue to progress.
Recovering will be!
An exacerbation of osteochondrosis is a terrible ailment that interferes with living fully.
However, this condition is treated, the disease will go to the stage of remission, if you contact the clinic as quickly as possible.
When applying all medications recommended by a doctor, performing all exercises and methods of therapy, a successful result will not make you wait!
But one does not have to hope for a full recovery - osteochondrosis is incurable, no matter how much effort the doctors and patients do. Medicine is in search of effective remedies that can permanently rid the disease. But how much time will go into research is not known.
A source: http://mirsustava.ru/obostrenie-osteoxondroza/
Is it possible to cure neglected osteochondrosis
Today, few people can be surprised by the diagnosis, because according to medical statistics, this disease affects almost every person at a certain age.
In general, the figure is about 80-90% of the total population. The ailment is a systemic disease that, starting with intervertebral discs, covers other systems and organs, including vertebrae, nerves and muscles.
If you do not get treatment in time, many other, more unpleasant symptoms are added to back pain and discomfort.
Like any other disease, osteochondrosis does not appear from the void, but is the result of prolonged exposure to certain factors.
These include incorrect posture, and its consequence - and vertebral anomalies transmitted with other hereditary pathologies, and back injuries that occurred earlier, as well as various kinds of infections, irrational nutrition, sedentary lifestyle and so on.
The result is one - the spine loses its ability to withstand heavy loads, and the intervertebral discs under great pressure weaken.
Hence the abnormal mobility of vertebrae, subluxation of vertebral joints and their blocking.
The launched osteochondrosis of the cervical and other departments is dangerous precisely because it can cause serious complications.
A long list of diseases is as follows:
All of them require more serious treatment than osteochondrosis itself, and some can lead to disability.
Doctors call the main danger of neglected osteochondrosis is the formation of intervertebral hernias, which appear when a part of the flattened disk is squeezed outward, and the ring of connective tissue in this case is torn.
The hernia itself may not be noticeable for its owner, but only until it becomes the cause of the following.
So, if she squeezes the nerve root, the patient will soon have to find out what is radiculitis. If the same pattern occurs, it can lead.
How to recognize the ailment
In order not to wait for cervical or thoracic osteochondrosis to become neglected, it is important to notice any changes in the body's condition and to identify them.
Depending on which department of the spine has suffered, the signs of the disease may differ.
- Pain in the neck of the aching nature or so-called lumbago, which can be given in the shoulder blades, nape or upper limbs;
- Sensation of tension in the muscles of the neck and soreness when touching;
- , swelling;
- Goose bumps, tingling in the neck and upper limbs;
- Sensation of weakness in the muscles of the neck and shoulders.
- Sharp pains, as if in a chest stuck a stake, arising periodically;
- The feeling that someone squeezes the chest with a rigid hoop;
- Pain between the ribs, the most palpable when walking and intensifying with deep breathing. In this case, taking nitroglycerin does not improve the situation, but the discomfort passes by itself quite quickly.
department is characterized by such symptoms as:
- Pain in the lower back, sometimes unbearable enough that the back painfully unbend;
- Pain sensations pass to the lower limbs, into the groin and the sacrum;
- A decrease in the sensitivity of the legs or a complete loss of it, leading to a disruption in the mobility of the lower limbs;
- Feeling cold in the legs, crawling on the skin and tingling.
Symptoms of neglected osteochondrosis are strong and intolerable, and / or hearing, signs of a disorder of cerebral circulation, motor neurological disorder at the level of the vegetative system, thyroid diseases, as well as disruption of the vestibular apparatus.
What to do
The neglected state of osteochondrosis, regardless of the area of its spread, is much more difficult to cure than its initial stage.
However, hands should not be lowered in any case, since properly selected complex treatment can relieve painful symptoms and make life easier for the patient.
Naturally, to answer the question how to treat neglected osteochondrosis, was the most detailed and informative, you need to contact an experienced specialist.
After carrying out the necessary, he can find out the cause and stage of the disease, and after that - appoint the proper scheme.
Among the methods of therapy can be called, such as, with the use of special simulators, and reflexotherapy.
At the advanced stage of the disease, except for those aimed at symptomatic treatment, very important are the funds from the group that, due to their constituent glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate work to preserve the structure of the cartilage and do not give degenerative processes in the musculoskeletal system develop.
Additional substances such as celery extract, ginger root and white willow have an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect.
To avoid such difficulties, it is better.
However, if you still encounter such a phenomenon as neglected osteochondrosis, you should not do self-medication, it is best to "surrender" to the hands of a qualified doctor.
Denial of responsibility
The information in the articles is intended only for general reading and should not be used for self-diagnosis of health problems or for therapeutic purposes.
This article is not a substitute for medical advice from a doctor (neurologist, therapist).
Please consult your doctor first to know the exact cause of your health problem.
A source: http://osteohondrosy.net/mozhno-li-vylechit-zapushhennyjj-osteokhondroz.html
Danger of consequences of osteochondrosis of the spine
Osteochondrosis is a pathology of the spine, which affects mainly people leading a sedentary lifestyle.
In osteochondrosis, there are abnormalities in the cartilaginous tissue, as well as intervertebral discs.
There is a change in the structure of the fibers and the fabric becomes more viscous, which reduces their strength and elasticity.
Possible causes of osteochondrosis
The main reasons for the appearance of pathology are not so many, among them:
- Congenital pathology of the spine;
- Deformed vertebral column;
- Old age;
- Disturbed posture;
- Craniocerebral injury or trauma of the 1st-7th vertebra.
But these reasons can provoke many factors, for example such as:
- Heavy physical activity;
- Failure in the hormonal system;
- Inadequate nutrition;
- Stressful stress condition;
- Subcooling and others.
How to recognize a disease
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis are not difficult to distinguish from spinal disease in other departments, because vertebrae in the cervical department are at a short distance from each other, the discs have a small height, which contributes to the manifestation of symptoms already at the earliest stages. The most common symptoms are:
- Pain. Not necessarily in the neck, pain syndrome is also possible in the nape, in the shoulders or hands;
- Feeling of weakness in the hands. Appears when the spine is damaged, which contains the motor nerve;
- Reduced sensitivity of the hands. Occurs when the root is damaged, containing the sensory nerve;
- Restriction of the movement of the neck, crunch is also possible, with the destruction of intervertebral discs;
- Disrupted coordination. Dizziness is possible. When the blood flow in the vertebral artery is disturbed;
- Impairment of hearing and vision with severe compression of the vertebral artery.
What is dangerous cervical osteochondrosis
For the first time osteochondrosis can show its first signs at about the age of twenty. Many people, feeling uncomfortable, prefer not to go to doctors, not giving this special attention, believing that everything will pass by itself.
The manifestation of osteochondrosis at first can pass, but the pathology itself will not disappear just like that. If you do not start treatment, the ailment will continue to develop actively, and this can lead to serious health problems.
So, in order not to postpone the trip to the doctor, you should still know what is dangerous about osteochondrosis:
- In the early stages of the symptoms are manifestly weak or irregular, for this reason many postpone visiting a specialist;
- If therapy is neglected at the initial stage, then dangerous complications may appear;
- Complications can lead to impaired motor activity of a person;
- May provoke a failure in the nearest departments;
- Started pathology can cause disability.
Possible consequences of cervical osteochondrosis
Pathological changes associated with the spine are in themselves very dangerous, as they are the causes of pain syndromes and restrict freedom of movement. In the daily rhythm of life, this can lead to the rejection of various activities, including work, study, sports and others.
- Syndrome of the vertebral artery - is one of the most dangerous consequences. Pathology causes a disruption in the circulation of the brain, which later becomes the cause of functional and organic failures.
- At the very beginning the patient begins to experience a throbbing headache, eyesight, hearing and even speech worsen, nausea and problems with the vestibular apparatus begin. The patient can suddenly fall without losing consciousness or lose consciousness for a short time.
- The pressure and heart rate are controlled by the medulla oblongata, and the lack of oxygen in the syndrome the vertebral artery becomes the cause of malfunctions in the work of this department of the brain, and hence to the violation of the controlled by it bodies. Therefore, one of the complications of osteochondrosis is an increase in blood pressure and cardiac arrhythmia.
- Complications of cervical osteochondrosis can be even more deplorable, including a permanent disability. If you start treatment as early as possible, then there is a great chance to avoid the sad consequences.
There is an opinion that stroke is also a possible consequence of problems with the spine, it is worthwhile to figure out what kind of relationship exists.
Is it possible to have a stroke with cervical osteochondrosis?
The human brain sends signals to the spinal cord, which then transmits these signals to all organs and back. In connection with this, problems with brain nutrition are reflected in the work of the whole organism.
A patient with osteochondrosis experiences many symptoms of pathology and oxygen starvation.
So there is a relationship between these diseases, since all these symptoms are harbingers of a stroke.
Of course, with uncomplicated course of spine disease, a person does not threaten anything terrible, but if run to a severe form, then a stroke can become a complication up to 30% of all serious consequences.
Therapy of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
This ailment must be treated, the methods of therapy are different, the variant of which depends on the type and degree of the disease, as well as on the patient's state of health.
The main types of treatment:
- Surgical intervention. It is the most radical way of treatment, therefore it is used only in extreme cases, when other treatment does not bring results or there is an exacerbation in the form of a hernia or sciatica. The main goal is to reduce pressure on the spinal cord. There is a risk of damage to the spinal nerve, so doctors rarely resort to surgery.
- Special therapeutic exercise;
- Rehabilitation methods (water procedures, proper nutrition, manual therapy, therapeutic mud, massage, magnetotherapy and even work with a psychologist);
- Medication method of treatment. Includes the use of anti-inflammatory drugs (for example, Ketonol, Rapid Gel), warming ointments (Finalngon, Capsicum, Turpentine ointment), chondroxide for the restoration of cartilaginous tissue.
Attention! Only specialists can prescribe the treatment. Do not self-medicate, consult a doctor!
Have you ever tried to get rid of joint pain yourself? Judging by the fact that you are reading this article - the victory was not on your side. And of course you know firsthand what:
- With pain and creaking, bend legs and arms, turn, bend ...
- wake up in the morning with a feeling of aches in the back, neck or limbs
- for any change of weather, suffer from what twists and twists the joints
- forget that such free movement and every minute to fear another bout of pain!
A source: https://HelpSpina.ru/bolezni/posledstviya-osteohondroza.html