1LFK with cervical osteochondrosis: 16 effective exercises, training rules
- 1.1Every patient with cervical osteochondrosis who is engaged in exercise therapy should know this
- 1.2Six exercises of the isometric complex
- 1.3Important rules
2Physiotherapy exercises and exercises for cervical osteochondrosis at home
- 2.1Physiotherapy with cervical osteochondrosis
- 2.2When and where to start studying?
- 2.3Indication for use - when is it necessary?
- 2.4Preparation for exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis
- 2.5Complex of exercises
- 2.6Complex №1
- 2.7Complex №2
- 2.8Recommendations for doing exercises at home
3Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis at home
- 3.1Advantages and disadvantages
- 3.4Overview of exercises
- 3.6Warm up
- 3.8Gentle exercise
- 3.9The most effective methods
- 3.10Isometric Exercises
- 3.11Dynamic exercises
- 3.12Additional exercises
- 3.14Nuances and precautions
- 3.15Is prophylactic use appropriate?
4Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis at home - complexes for strengthening and relaxing muscles
- 4.1What is cervical osteochondrosis
- 4.2The Benefits of Exercise
- 4.3Complex exercises for osteochondrosis of the spine
- 4.4Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis according to Bubnovsky
- 4.5Isometric exercises for the cervical spine
- 4.6Caveats and Recommendations
5Exercises and gymnastics at home with cervical osteochondrosis: the conditions for their implementation
- 5.1The main signs of the pathology of the cervical vertebra
- 5.2How to prevent the onset of cervical osteochondrosis?
- 5.3Contraindications and indications for physical education
- 5.4Effective ways to treat osteochondrosis at home
- 5.5Exercises exercise therapy for osteochondrosis
- 5.6Massage with your hands at home
- 5.7Recipes of traditional medicine
- 5.8General advice in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home
LFK with cervical osteochondrosis: 16 effective exercises, training rules
Osteochondrosis of the spine can bring a lot of trouble. Independently improve the physical and emotional well-being, to save the body from the onset of exacerbations of the disease in the future will help exercise therapy in osteochondrosis of the cervical department.
Regular gymnastics reduces the risk of repeated exacerbations, reduces chronic pain in the neck and shoulders, restores sensitivity and strength in the hands, trains the vestibular apparatus (which reduces dizziness and headache).
To begin exercise LFK is better under the supervision of the instructor, that he taught you correctly to carry out all exercises.
In general, the gymnastic complex, which includes blocks isometric (without moving parts of the body in space) and dynamic activity, is easy to perform, and everyone will be able to do gymnastics in the home conditions.
Further in the article - popular and safe complexes of 6 isometric and 10 dynamic exercises.
Every patient with cervical osteochondrosis who is engaged in exercise therapy should know this
Physiotherapy for cervical osteochondrosis should not be performed with exacerbation of the disease. Do not try to "stretch" your neck, "disperse" the pain, somehow affect your condition. If you feel worsening - immediately contact a neurologist!
If the radiograph of the spine or palpation of a doctor (neurologist) determined your instability of the cervical vertebrae - be sure to look into the orthopedic salon or pharmacy and get a special soft collar for the neck. It will save you from dangerous complications when doing exercises.
Osteophytes - subulate osseous growths, visible on the roentgenogram of the spine - another reason to more scrupulously consider the choice of exercises for exercise therapy.
In osteophytes, active movements in the cervical spine during dynamic training Do not perform, otherwise you risk damaging the osteophytes with nerve trunks passing in neck area.
Six exercises of the isometric complex
In isometric gymnastics, the body's trav- elled area is not displaced in space: that is, slopes, turns, there will be no swings.
You or your partner put pressure on any part of the body, and by the forces of the muscles counteract this pressure.
The number of repetitions of exercise of this complex of exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis depends on the degree of your preparedness: it can be 3-4 repetitions on each side, and 6-8.
The duration of counteraction of the applied force during the execution of each repetition is 5-6 seconds.
The starting position in all exercises is below - sitting exactly on the chair, feet shoulder width apart.
With the palm of your hand, push the area of the temple and cheekbone from one side (left palm - left cheek, right palm - right cheek).
Tighten the muscles of the neck, offering resistance to the arm.
Repeat on the other side.
Tie your fingers in the lock. In this position, press your forehead with your palms extended to it.
Straining your neck, counter the pressure.
Put under your chin hands, closed in fists, and press down on the chin in the direction from the bottom up.
Do not move your head in space, provide resistance.
Tie your fingers behind your head into the lock. In this position, push the occipital-parietal region with your hands, as if trying to lower your head to the chest, and create a counter-head with your head.
The right hand with an open palm is located in the area of the left cheek and cheekbone. Push your hand against your face, as if trying to turn it to the right. Create resistance with the muscles of the neck.
Repeat the exercise for the opposite side
Put your head on your chest, and cross your arms at the back of your head. Put your hands on the nape of the neck, and with the muscles of the neck, counteract such that slowly bring your head back to a vertical position.
When performing this type of exercise therapy it is important not to overdo it:
- You can not make complete head turns around / counter-clockwise.
- The maximum tilting of the head back is fraught with deterioration of the condition, therefore it is contraindicated.
- Movements should not be sharp, impetuous: all perform slowly, leisurely.
- Because the osteochondrosis of the spine is often accompanied by instability of the posture, dizziness, therapeutic exercises with cervical osteochondrosis should be carried out in a sitting position on the stool.
- The number of repetitions is 5-8.
Of course, therapeutic exercise is not a panacea,and that assistance with osteochondrosis of the spine was maximally effective, a whole complex of measures is needed, including medicines, manual therapy, physiotherapy.
But LFK at an osteochondrosis of a cervical department of a backbone does not demand the special equipment and even considerable space in a room, it is possible to carry out many exercises even on a workplace.
And this is a great opportunity for each patient to help himself.
Regular sessions of physiotherapy exercises have a beneficial effect not only on the course of the disease and symptoms disease, but also on the mood, saving patients from feeling depressed, spleen, fatigue and even depressive disorders.
A source: http://SustavZdorov.ru/osteohondroz/lfk-pri-shejnogo-otdela-225.html
Physiotherapy exercises and exercises for cervical osteochondrosis at home
There are seven disks in the cervical spine, and this is the most movable part of the entire vertebral column. The muscular corset, as a rule, is very weakly developed here, and there are quite a lot of loads. Due to its neck we can turn and tilt the head and hold it.
Osteochondrosis is also called degenerative-dystrophic disc disorders, which are located between the vertebrae of this department.
Also lead to this disease can often work at the computer, sedentary lifestyle, if still not adhere to the principles of healthy eating and compliance with sleep and rest.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis include pain in the neck, which are accompanied by:
- Numbness of hands;
- Problems with vision;
- Snoring and so on.
- Treatment of exercise therapy
Depending on the stage of the disease, which is diagnosed by a qualified specialist, appropriate treatment is prescribed. This can include massage, warming, various pharmacy products, vitamins, special gymnastics, therapeutic physical culture.
Healing Fitnessis also prescribed not only as an improvement in the osteochondrosis of the cervical department, but also for the prevention of this disease. In the complex, you can also include more massage and stretching. About how to choose an orthopedic pillow for cervical osteochondrosis read here.
Physiotherapy with cervical osteochondrosis
Depending on this or that stage of osteochondrosis, theirspecial exercises, but, as a rule, they are not much different from each other, and are effective for each case.
Sometimes there can be exacerbations in the disease.
In such cases, the doctor prescribes more moderate loads, sleeping and lying during these periods is desirable on a hard surface, and under the knees you can put a roller. Thus, the muscles of the cervical department will be able to relax a little and relax.
After the passed course of therapeutic physical education, you can achieve the following:
- Get rid of the initial causes of osteochondrosis;
- All stagnant processes in the neck, especially between the vertebrae, are eliminated;
- Pass all the syndromes of osteochondrosis, which are most often complained of patients, these are neck pains, dizziness, weakness and others;
- The probability of developing this disease decreases in the future, since exercises are an excellent prevention.
When and where to start studying?
If we talk about a specific time of day, then any physical exercises and exercise therapy includingpreferably in the morning, namely in the morning. But if you do not have such an opportunity in the daytime, you can make the whole complex in the afternoon or evening. To find all the exercises you will help a qualified specialist.
For example, you can start by coming to any gym and working with a coach to develop an individual program for you.
In the future, the whole complex can already be performed at home, but still at first it is desirable to do everything under the supervision of a specialist.
But not all exercises must be done with the use of a simulator in the hall equipped for this.
The instructor can help you create a set of exercises that you can do not only at home, but also at work, on the way home, in the park and any other place convenient for you. After alleven a small workout of the cervical department will help you to remove the unpleasant sensationsand strengthen the muscular corset.
Here you can see the exercises of S.М. Bubnovsky at home.
Indication for use - when is it necessary?
It is prescribed such a physical exercise alreadyafter the acute pains passed. It is carried out with the purpose of treatment, prevention and strengthening of the muscles of the cervical department. Indeed, it is the developed and strong muscles that hold our spine, are an excellent prevention of this disease.
Preparation for exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis
First of all before physical educationTry to find out whether all the movements you are able to accomplish, at least this time.
Some of them can cause pain and this is normal.
The cervical department is poorly developed, if you have already diagnosed osteochondrosis, which means that any activity can cause unpleasant sensations.
But do not rush them completely. Try to fulfill them every time. If at a certain stage you get them to perform, then you have already achieved some positive result.
Perform all actions smoothly, without jerks.
Do not sharply throw back the head and rotate it with a large amplitude, all exercises should cause only pleasant sensations. The back should always be straight.
After the exercise, which causes the muscles to tighten well, you need to do the following, which will allow the neck to relax and relax.
In this way,It is necessary to alternate, carrying out the whole complex.Before you begin, you need to stretch and warm up the neck muscles.
Despite the fact that the complex of exercises for strengthening the muscles will be able to make an experienced trainer, at some stages of the disease it is better to trust the recommendations of the doctor.
If at the time of execution you hear a crunch in your neck or your muscles are numb, then all activities must be stopped immediately.
In the case when the course of treatment of physical education is assigned in conjunction with other drugs, massage, warming and other things, the first months 6 it is necessary to visit the doctor on a regular basis, so that he can check whether there are any positive results and whether your recovery is proceeding correctly.
Complex of exercises
- We lay on the back,put a small pillow under your head. We lie and about 15 seconds try to press on the pillow.
Next, you need to turn over to the opposite side and repeat the exercise with your forehead;
- Lying on the stomachon the bed or on the couch. It is necessary to hang the head from the edge together with the neck. You should wait 15 seconds.
Further the same thing turning to the right side, back and left side;
- Sitting in a chair.Hands are relaxed, legs are shoulder-width apart. We lower our head down and try to touch our chest with the chin, then roll our head back as far as possible.
Make all movements at least 5 times;
- In the same position.Make a circle of shoulders forward 6 times. and then back as much.
The movements are smooth, do not rush everything off quickly;
- Again sitting or standingit is necessary to turn the head first to the right and after to the left, the speed is the same, 6 times;
- The starting position is the same.
The right hand is lifted upwards through the side and we bring it by the head. Need to get to the left ear. With your left hand, do the same and touch the right ear. On each side of approximately 4 repetitions;
- On the chair.
Carefully and without hurry, tilt your head back, and then try to reach your right ear to your right shoulder. Return to the original position and repeat the same for the left side. Make 5 approaches for each side;
- Sitting in a chair.
The back is straight, we look forward. The chin can even be raised slightly. Carefully and slowly take a look to the right, and then to the left, all movements are performed only by the head.
Make movements 4 more times left and right;
- In a standing or sitting position, the back is straight, we look forward. We put the palms of both hands on the forehead and try to push the forehead against our hands. We hold in this position for 5-10 seconds.
Relax and repeat 2 more times;
- The exercise is similar to the previous one.But the palms should be put on the back of the head and press your head on closed hands. Hold for 5-10 seconds. Relax and repeat 2 more times;
- Continuation of the previous 2 exercises.
We put the right hand on the temple on the right side and just try to press our head. Hold for 5-10 seconds. Repeat to the left side 3 times;
- Standing, or rather sitting.The back is straight.
Throw your head gently back, and then slowly return it forward and press your chin to your chest. Do this exercise slowly and with a little effort, as if resisting. Take the initial position and repeat 4 more times;
- We also stand.But now head down and turn it to the right in such a way that the chin slides along the body. Turn the head to the right and left six times;
- Stand up straight.Try to move your hands as if you are swimming with a crawl, performing circular motions. Forward 6 times and back too 6 times.
If there is unpleasant pain in the cervical region, all the circular movements of the head should be performed, holding it with your hands, so as not to cause excessive overstrain and exacerbation.
The whole complex of exercises must be performed lying on the back. You do not need to put a pillow under your head.
Carry out each movement slowly:
- Look straight ahead, then look to the right and further to the left. The head is still. In both directions it is necessary to remove eyes 4 times. Then also look first up and then down. Perform circular motions clockwise, then counterclockwise. All actions are performed 4 times in each direction;
- Now you need to turn your headand look first to the right, and then turn and look left. Repeat 4 times. Then tilt your head in one direction and the other. Do this exercise, try to reach your ear to the shoulder. Also 4 times per side;
- Raise your head slightlyand try to reach out with your chin to your chest. Go back to the starting position and do this exercise 3 more times;
- Lying on the back, hands on the sides. Exhale and turn to the left side, touch the palm and foot of the floor on the opposite side. Take a breath and go back. Repeat the motion already for the right side. In both directions there are 4 more repetitions;
- From the prone position you need to take a sitting position.At the same time you can help yourself with your hands. Then return to the starting position also with the help of hands;
- Put your hands on your stomach.Inhaling, try to inflate your abdomen as if you are not drawing air into the lungs, namely the stomach. And on exhalation the stomach needs to be involved. Try to exhale in such a way that the exhalation time lasted twice as long. Repeat 5 more times;
- Staying in a prone position,put your right hand on your stomach, and your left hand on your chest. By inhaling, try to strain all the muscles, and relax while exhaling;
- Bend your legs and grasp them with your own hands.First, slightly pull up your bent legs to yourself, and then raise your head, try to reach your forehead to your knees. Take the original lying position and make the same movements 5 more times;
- Position lying, arms spread out on the sides, legs bent at the knees. Turn the trunk and legs to the right, and then to the left. Make 4 more of the same twists;
- In the prone position, bend your knees.Move to the bed, sofa, chair and hold your hands, so that your hands are over your head. Slowly pull your legs to your head, if possible, reach for your hands;
- Position lying, hands spread.Touch the right palm to the left, the trunk at this time can only help a little. Do the same for the opposite side. Twist 4 more times;
- Now you need to roll over on your stomach.Raise your head and shoulders, the maximum tension in this exercise should be the stomach and legs. Lie back and do 5 more repetitions;
- Put two chairs and stand between them.For balance, hold on to their backs. Stand on your toes and make circular movements with your hips in one, and then the other side. Make 4 more repetitions to the right and to the left.
Recommendations for doing exercises at home
Doing therapeutic exercise should try to keep one muscle in suspense, while others relax.
To load on the back was minimal:
- Keep your back straight, whether you are doing gymnastics independently, eating or going to work;
- Do not lift very heavy objects.If this can not be avoided, at first bend your legs slightly or even sit down, take the necessary thing and then get up;
- Do other exercises besides exercise gymnastics, choose yourself another kind of activity that would bring pleasure. To a great extent helps to strengthen the muscles, while removing the load from the back, swimming.
Remember that lifting weights on straightened legs can have a disastrous effect on the lumbar and cervical spine
A source: http://SpinaSpina.com/profilaktika/uprazhneniya/lfk-pri-shejnom-osteoxondroze.html
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis at home
People with sedentary work often become "happy" owners of cervical osteochondrosis.
The reason is as follows: with low motor activity of the neck (when you constantly look at the monitor), its muscles gradually atrophy, and the entire load is shifted to the cervical vertebrae.
The latter can not cope with the increased burden and fall ill, which leads to headache and neck pain, mood changes, numbness and other symptoms. Naturally, sooner or later the patient turns to the doctor, and complex treatment begins.
One of its effective types - exercise therapy, which you need to do both in the hospital and at home. The article will tell you how to perform exercises with cervical osteochondrosis at home.
In fact, for cervical osteochondrosis at home there are not so many methods of treatment.
Folk recipes are unreliable, portable instruments for physiotherapy cost money, and for massage you need someone who will do it.
LFK also allows you to treat the neck completely independently, and all that is needed for this: a little time and patience.
Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis is aimed at achieving 3 goals:
- general strengthening of the body, maintaining it in tone;
- the buildup of the muscular corset around the affected area;
- slow, smooth repositioning of the spine.
If everything is clear with the first point (exercise stresses are positively reflected on the body), then on the 2nd and 3rd may need explanations.
The muscular corset is the muscles that surround the vertebral column. When they are weak, the spine takes on a sizeable part of the load.
If they are "pumped then the spinal cord will lose tension, and this can stop the development of the disease.
The third point follows from the second: if the exercises are performed correctly, the muscular corset begins to smooth out the curved vertebrae.
Of course, this will not remove the same scoliosis completely, but it can weaken it a little.
Advantages and disadvantages
- exercises can be done independently;
- (in most cases) no additional devices are needed;
- overall positive effect on the body.
- the effect is achieved slowly;
- you need willpower and perseverance, you can skip classes only in exceptional cases;
- It is impossible to engage in exercise therapy with exacerbations.
The last point needs to be discussed separately. In the case of exacerbation of osteochondrosis, gymnastics is strictly contraindicated. This is due to the fact that the pain arises because of inflammation or swelling, which presses on the nerve.
If doing exercises during pain, then any careless movement can severely transmit the nerve and create a situation in which the patient will need urgent medical assistance (up to the emergency operation).
The only exception is sparing exercises, which will be discussed in the corresponding section.
- cervical chondrosis and osteochondrosis of mild and moderate severity in the phase of remission;
- cervical radiculitis (radicular syndrome) in the phase of remission;
- weak neck muscles.
- polisegmentary osteochondrosis;
- severe form of chondrosis and osteochondrosis;
- any of vertebral pathologies in the phase of exacerbation.
LFK with polisegmentary osteochondrosis or severe forms of chondrosis / osteochondrosis is possible, but the set of exercises should be developed by the doctor-instructor individually for each patient.
Overview of exercises
Yes, when treating at home, the exercises do not begin with a warm-up, but with preparation for a warm-up - so neatly you need to handle the sore neck.
The ideal preparation for the exercises is a hot bath.
Alas, the everyday hot bath is far from everyone has time, so training can begin with a small self-massage.
You need to tilt your neck slightly, then start stroking her back with your hand. When it becomes warm - to stroking to attach light massaging movements.
When the muscles feel relaxed - the preparation for the warm-up is over.
Treatment at home must begin with a warm-up. This will help the muscles and vertebrae of the neck to prepare for a more intense load. The warm-up is easy to perform, in total it takes no more than 5 minutes:
- You need to start with small circular movements of the head. To do this, you need to tilt your head to the side and spin it around the axis - the spine. 5 circles to the left, 5 - to the right. Do it slowly, picking up the speed for yourself.
- Further, after circular movements, you need to slowly turn your head left and right until it stops. It is necessary to clarify that "to the limit" - this will not become hard or painful. Pain should not be present at all during the exercises. Do first in one direction, then in another, and so 5 times.
After preparation and warm-up you can choose one or several of the following sets of exercises.
Charging with cervical osteochondrosis at home is practically an integral component of exercise therapy. It can be the only exercise, it can be combined during the day with other exercises - but morning exercises must necessarily become a part of the patient's life.
In fact, training and warm-up already make up about half of the charge.
You can supplement them with the following exercises:
- Charging for the shoulders. To perform it is desirable to stand (so it is more convenient), the back is straight. From the initial direct position, you need to gently and slowly begin to bulge your chest, while reducing the shoulder blades. The end point is when there is a noticeable tension in the shoulder blades. After this, you need to return to the starting position and do the opposite: the scapula is separated from each other, the chest goes inside. Do the same slowly. Repeat 5-7 times.
- Slopes forward. Here everything is simple, the head from the direct position should be lowered down, trying to touch the chest with the chin. Do it slowly, 10-15 times, depending on free time and well-being.
- Back slopes. For this exercise, you need a chair with a back. It is necessary to sit up straight, lean back and very slowly tilt your head (and, in part, the trunk) back. Attention! Two warnings. First: you need to do this exercise very slowly. As soon as there was a slight discomfort - you need to return to the starting position. Second, dizziness may appear during execution. In this case, you can not "twitch you also need to return smoothly to the starting position.
These exercises may seem very simple, but morning exercises should not be complicated or time consuming.
This 10-minute complex will show its effectiveness in a month after the start.
Gentle exercises are physical exercises that can be performed during exacerbation. They do not touch the spine at all, they only affect the muscles.
In fact, there is only one sparing exercise, but it can be performed in 2 projections:
- Load along the longitudinal axis of the body. The bottom line: you need to sit flat, put your hands to your forehead with your hands. Next you need to press your hands with increasing force on the forehead, the head (with the help of the neck muscles) should resist this pressure. Important! Interacting forces must be equal, that is, neither hands nor head should change their position. Pressing time is 3-6 seconds, the exact time is selected according to your condition. First done for the forehead, then for the neck. In total - 3 approaches.
- Load along the transverse axis. Completely analogous to the previous exercise, only the palm should be placed on the area above the left / right ear.
The most effective methods
This set of exercises - for those who are determined. Only with him the treatment at home turns into a full-fledged one:
- First - preparation and warm-up. Both phases need to be given increased attention.
- Flexion of the spine. Pose: on all fours, look forward. On exhalation you need to lower your head while bending your spine. On inhalation - return to the starting position. Then - in the opposite direction: raise the head, bend the spine. Make 5 times.
- Spinning of the spine. Pose: lying on the back, the body is relaxed. On an exhalation it is necessary to turn a basin and a trunk in the right side, but the head thus remains on a place. On exhalation - in the original. Then do the same, but in the other direction. Repeat 5 times to the left, 5 times to the right.
- Mill. Pose: standing, feet shoulder-width apart. Lean 90 degrees forward, hands to pull out to the sides. Make corners of the body so that the left hand touches the right socks, and vice versa. Neck while trying to keep in one place. Perform 2-3 minutes.
Isometric exercises are exercises that involve very short (5-15 seconds), but a strong load on the muscles. All isometric exercises for the neck are already described in the section "Gentle Exercises".
The only difference is in remission (when there is no pain), these exercises need to be performed for 15 seconds.
Dynamic exercises are exercises in which there are many movements. These exercises with cervical osteochondrosis are used very rarely, because the upper vertebrae are very easy to injure. The only dynamic type of training that is likely to prove useful is swimming.
To the basic complex of exercises, you can add a few extra, which will have an effect not only for the neck, but for the whole body.
- Push ups. Technique, probably, is familiar to all. It is necessary to take an emphasis lying down, hands to put on the width of the shoulders and look at the floor, without bending the neck. 5 push-ups will be enough.
- The falls forward. Another technique familiar to everyone from school. From the standing position you need to make a lunge so that the second leg is maximally stretched. Then - change your legs. Ordinary attacks can be "improved" if the neck and body are bent forward during the attack. Do 5-6 attacks on each leg.
- Horizontal bar. The usual hovering on the bar improves the spine quite well. You need to grab hold of him with a wide grip and hang for 10-15 seconds. Important: the neck should be kept straight. Do it until you get bored.
It should be noted that additional exercises heavily load the muscles, so add them to the main complex can only be if the load is notably short.
As the name implies, the final exercises are needed in order to finish the training. They are very simple and do not require any special effort:
- From standing position, you need to slowly raise and lower your hands. The main thing here is deep breathing, you need to breathe on the rise of your hands, while exhaling you should breathe out.
- Even less "costly" completion - just lie down and breathe deeply. It is important to relax all muscles.
Nuances and precautions
Exercise is very good, but each person needs their own workload. Therefore, it is better to entrust the search for symptoms and the program of treatment of cervical osteochondrosis to the doctor, who will advise the optimal set of exercises.
When doing exercises, you do not need to strain your muscles too much, because you can injure your spine.
The best indicator for calculating the forces is pain.
If pain occurs during the execution of a particular exercise, you must reduce the intensity or even abandon it.
Be sure to check out a useful video on this topic
Is prophylactic use appropriate?
Of course. The best prevention of any osteochondrosis is proper exercise. For prevention, you can use any of the above exercises, the number of approaches can be selected independently.
Therapeutic physical training is a powerful weapon in the fight against cervical osteochondrosis. No operations, no tablets can not build a muscle corset, which will take on the load.
LFK can be practiced both in the hospital and at home.
The only warning - in case of severe osteochondrosis, the exercise program should be monitored by a doctor, because self-administration can worsen the course of the disease.
A source: http://zdorovya-spine.ru/bolezni/osteohondroz/shejnyj/lechenie-shejnyj/lfk/uprazhnenij-doma.html
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis at home - complexes for strengthening and relaxing muscles
For treatment of the upper spine it is useful to do exercises with cervical osteochondrosis at home.
Daily exercise will restore the flexibility of the joints and the mobility of muscles, eliminate stiffness and pain syndromes. There are several directions for doing gymnastics, which you can do yourself.
Familiarize yourself with the rules of conducting home exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis.
What is cervical osteochondrosis
Normally, each person between the vertebrae has connective tissue, which acts as a shock absorber.
With a constant inappropriate distribution of dynamic and static loads, which is associated with age-related causes or sedentary work, the tissue gradually begins to ossify.
It involves the adjacent blood vessels and nerves in the process. As a result, a person begins to experience pain in the neck, head and upper back.
With osteochondrosis, dizziness, unstable blood pressure, nausea, lack of air, numbness of the tongue.The symptomatology of the disease is similar to the symptoms of angina pectoris, so the diagnosis is difficult.
Writing off the symptoms of osteochondrosis for another disease can lead to persistent discomfort and even disability. Therapy affects the nervous and vascular systems of the body, so treatment should be approached with knowledge of the case.
Physical training according to a specially developed method is one of the most effective ways to get rid of painful symptoms of the disease, as well as the ability to stop the further development of destructive lesions joints.
But the result will be achieved only on condition that the corresponding spinal muscles will work during the training every day, at least for ten minutes.
There are several simple rules that should be observed when doing exercises with cervical osteochondrosis at home:
- Doing exercises should be in a ventilated room and in clothing that will not restrict the movement. Otherwise, the efficiency will be significantly reduced.
- Ideal conditions for training - street fresh air.
- After eating, you can go to training no sooner than half an hour.
- Movements must be performed without sudden movements, smoothly, you can use a roller or pillow.
Daily training according to the selected method will contribute not only to improving the state of vertebral departments, but also to help the overall health of the body.
For all the effectiveness of exercise complexes, drug treatment can not be ignored, if it is prescribed by a doctor.Success will develop through an integrated approach.
Improvement occurs between one month and four, depending on the individual condition of each patient.
The Benefits of Exercise
To achieve a qualitative result on the basis of the results of physical exercises, the motivation or understanding of what will be given is of great importance. Loads for special programs for osteochondrosis have the following proven potential:
- Strengthening of the muscular corset, which allows to stop the destructive processes of the disease.
- Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis at home help to reduce or completely remove pain symptoms.With a correctly applied technique for performing postures, it is possible to normalize the hypertension of the muscles and reduce the pressure of the intervertebral discs on the nerve endings.
- With caution, you can apply a complex of strength training, which strengthens the muscles of the press, buttocks, back. The gradual development of these muscular systems helps to reduce the burden on the affected areas with osteochondrosis, restore their elasticity.
- Useful workouts that are designed to stretch the spine, increasing the space between the vertebrae.
- Improve circulation in the cervical region, which helps prevent the development of dystrophic and inflammatory processes.
Complex exercises for osteochondrosis of the spine
A precondition for doing home exercises is a warm-up.
To do this, you need to stand upright, take a few deep breaths with your belly, exhale, make the slopes back, forward, right and left. Further it is necessary to carry out cautious turns with the body and head to the left, to the right.
At the end of the warm-up, you need to slowly reduce the scapula several times, and then do a light massage. Then you can proceed to the exercises:
- Put on your forehead your hands locked into the lock. Start pressure on your hands on the forehead and simultaneously counteract the pressure by applying head pressure in the opposite direction. The neck should be tense at the same time. In this position, you need to stay for 15-20 seconds. Then one hand needs to be put on the neck from the back, throw your head back, straighten your neck.
- Put one hand in your ear, tilt your head in the direction of the shoulder, while also counteracting the hand. The processing time is 10-15 seconds. Then change your hand to the opposite and repeat.
- Put one hand on the cheek, try to turn the head, while simultaneously resisting the hand. This stressed position should last 15-20 seconds. Then change your hand.
- Stand up straight and spread your arms out to the sides, brush your hands. Rotate the left and right shoulder joints one by one, one at a time and then simultaneously. Body and chest when performing circular movements tilt slightly forward.
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis according to Bubnovsky
Famous doctor Sergei Bubnovsky developed his exercises from cervical osteochondrosis at home:
- From the sitting position, gently tilt the head and stretch the crown to the right shoulder. After you feel the tension, fix the head for half a minute and go back to the starting position. Repeat with equal amplitude in both directions.
- Lower your head down and fix for 30 seconds, pull forward and return to the starting position in the same amount of time.
- Turn your head to the sides until painful sensations appear and fix it in place.
- Turn your head to the left, with your left hand touch the right shoulder, hold out for half a minute. Repeat with the other side.
Isometric exercises for the cervical spine
Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis at homemay include isometric exercises that differ in that the muscles tend to strain during them, but do not contract. This contributes to the fact that the strength of the muscles increases, and they themselves relax. It is useful to do the following activities:
- Clasp the lock from your hands, place it on the back of your head, tilt your head back, overcoming the resistance of your fingers.
- Tilt your head to the right, place your left palm on the left temple, overcome the resistance of the head, trying to raise your head. Repeat with the other side.
- Tilt your head forward, bringing it closer to the chest. Put both hands on the back of the head, overcoming their resistance, return the head back.
- Squeeze your hands into fists, place under your chin, tilt your head down. Put the palm of the left hand on the right cheek, overcoming the resistance, turn to the right. Repeat with the other side.
Caveats and Recommendations
Home physical therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine requires the patient to perform the exercises in strict accordance with the instructions. Cautions and recommendations are:
- exacerbation - not an excuse to refrain from performing gentle gymnastics, but you need to monitor your well-being;
- if you feel pain in the neck, stop the exercise;
- Before exercise, consult a physician at the exercise gym;
- perform charging several times a day, combine with proper nutrition;
- movements must be slow and smooth to avoid injury;
- LFK can be combined with other methods of treatment.
A source: http://sovets.net/15202-uprazhneniya-pri-shejnom-osteohondroze-v-domashnih-usloviyah.html
Exercises and gymnastics at home with cervical osteochondrosis: the conditions for their implementation
Osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebra is a pathology in which degenerative changes occur in the spine.
Physiotherapy with this disease can be carried out at home.
It allows you to strengthen the muscular corset, restore its mobility, and reduce pain in the spine.
In the acute form of osteochondrosis, in addition to exercise, patients are advised to wearspecial fixing bandage, to ensure the vertebra and muscle peace.
If you perform home exercises every day for a long time, then you can not only eliminate the symptoms of the disease, but even prevent its appearance.
The main signs of the pathology of the cervical vertebra
A great danger to human health is not only the damage to the intervertebral discs and vertebrae, but also the presence of a pair of vessels near the spinal column. It is this artery responsible for the flow of blood into the brain.
When in the inflammatory process with such a disease, the nerve roots begin to retract, which surround the vertebrae, they provoke tension in the muscles of the neck, which eventually leads to compression of this arteries. All this leads to the fact that the brain stops to receive enough blood, because of what the general condition of the patient worsens.
The symptomatology of this pathology is quite diverse and inherent in many other diseases.
That's why only a doctor can make the correct diagnosis after examining the patient and performing some diagnostic procedures.
With cervical osteochondrosis, as a rule,the following problems occur:
- Frequent migraines;
- Weakness and flies before the eyes;
- Cervicalgia, in other words, pain in the neck region, which are capable of giving to the lower or upper jaw, as well as teeth;
- Nausea and persistent dizziness.
- Numbness of upper limb or shoulder girdle, accompanied by pain.
- Insomnia, irritability and tearfulness.
And these symptoms can be amplified if there are such aggravating factors asinfection, vertebral injury, concomitant diseases of the musculoskeletal system (hernia, kyphosis and others), an incorrect lifestyle and meteorological dependence.
How to prevent the onset of cervical osteochondrosis?
Prevention is the best therapy in the treatment of spine diseases. To maintain the health of the cervical department, you must follow certain rules:
- It is not long in a sitting position, you need to constantly get up and move;
- Perform strength exercises, it is desirable to do this several times a week with an expander or dumbbells;
- Actively engage in sports;
- Be sure to add stretch marks to the gym to develop flexibility;
- Daily exercise for balance;
- At least 3 times a week to improve stamina with fast walking or cycling.
Contraindications and indications for physical education
Despite the fact that gymnastics with neck diseases in some situations is more effective than drug treatment, shenot shown to all people. That is why it is important to consult with an expert before performing the exercises.
As a rule, exercise in osteochondrosis of the cervical region is recommended for patients with cardiovascular pathology, scoliosis, and diseases of the digestive system.
But it is not advised to perform if there are diseases occurring in the acute form, cardiac and conduction disorders cardiac muscle, complications of chronic ailments, malignant tumors, tachycardia, myocardial infarction, hypertension and viral infection.
Effective ways to treat osteochondrosis at home
There are many different exercises for getting rid of osteochondrosis.
And some of them can even be performed at home, although, during their holding, the pain syndrome in the neck may increase, but this is only a temporary phenomenon.
However, in the event that a person experiences pain constantly while performing physical education, one should stop training.
Before you begin to exercise, you need to warm up your muscles. It is enough to take a warm shower or put on your neck a warm towel. For elimination of unpleasant sensations at an osteochondrosis of a cervical department it is necessary to carry out at home gymnastics.
Exercises exercise therapy for osteochondrosis
The chin needs to touch the neck, then raise your head until your eyes look at the ceiling. Necessaryrepeat this movement at least 12-15 times.
Slow head turns - first to the right, and then to the left.
The amplitude can not be increased too quickly, it is necessary to listen to the sensations in the cervical region.
The condition for doing this exercise is a repetition of movements about 10 times. It will help to normalize metabolic processes and improve blood supply.
The hands must be fastened to the lock, and attach them to the forehead. In this position, you should try to bend your head forward, creating resistance with your hands. Do this in about 10 seconds. It will be enough several approaches.
Lying on his stomach torso and head should be raised, while resting with his hands on the floor. Hold the straightened shoulders and back preferably within 60 seconds, then you can return to the starting position.
Lying on his back put his right hand on the abdomen, and the left - on his chest. After this, it is necessaryslowly and gently to breathefeeling palms, how these parts of the body rise, and exhale.
Roll over again on your stomach, and stretch out your arms. Then slowly turn your head to the right, pressing your ear to the floor. Then the exercise is repeated, but the turn is already done to the left. When there is a lot of pain, physical education should be stopped.
To perform the following exercise at home, you will need an assistant. He will have to stretch under the scapula with his fingertips in the place where the muscle tissue joins.
Massage should be done within 4 minutes. If painful sensations appear in the area of the scapula, then do not worry, as they will disappear on their own after a while.
Then the patient will feel relief and warmth, spreading to the neck and shoulders.
No less effective exercise in osteochondrosis of the cervical region is the movement of the shoulders. They must first be raised, and then lowered, after which, after relaxing the body, inhale and exhale.
Power trainingwith such a disease should be done only by trained people, who are accustomed to heavy physical exertion. The remaining patients are better to perform the above exercises without straining.
Massage with your hands at home
Self-massage, unlike the professional procedure, it is allowed not to take courses, but every day.
Massaging the neck is not necessary at home, you can do it in public transport and even in the workplace.
With the help of simple massage techniques you will get rid of the pain and relax your neck muscles.
It is necessary to resort to such a procedure before going to sleep, performing physical exercises, and also after long loads on the cervical vertebra.
To obtain the best result, during it, it is advisable to rub in the neck area prescribed by medicscreams and ointments.
Suitable for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis and folk remedies.
The technique of self-massage is as follows:
- Stroking the neck. Put your hands on it under the back of your head, and slowly start to hold them up, and then down, then go on to circular rubbing.
- After that, you should increase the force of pressing when sliding hands. They need to shift the skin of the neck, but do not put pressure on the muscles, and then proceed to perform these movements.
- Warm up the muscles. To do this, with your fingertips, except the large one, stretch the muscles from the lowest vertebra. Carry out circular pressure moves for at least 5 seconds, then move 1 cm higher and do the exercises - and so continue up the cervical spine to the base of the skull.
- Then again strokes are performed.
- With the fingers of your fingers, carry out kneading in circular motions of the seventh vertebra.
- The last self-massage is stroking the neck.
Recipes of traditional medicine
Independently to get rid of this illnesswill help folk remedies. For example, cucumber grass is often used to eliminate cervical osteochondrosis. It must be brewed, insisted and filtered. The resulting mixture should be added to the bath.
Often, such a pathology of the spine is treated with horseradish leaves. They are treated with boiled water and, while they are warm, are applied to the diseased portion of the neck.
Of course, it is desirable to wrap this compress on the top with a downy shawl or a woolen scarf. Keep it for several hours.
In addition to the affected area, you can put a hot rye or wheat cake.
Quite often, to get rid of osteochondrosis at home, a broth or a cold prepared from cartilage is prepared. And this recipe has scientific confirmation.
In these dishes there are substances close to chondroprotectors.
It is their doctors in many cases advised to take people with injuries of intervertebral discs and broken joints.
Substances such as chondroitin sulfate and glucosaminenourish all cartilage in the body, maintaining in them moisture and elasticity.
The disks practically do not have enough of these components all the time, so doctors recommend that patients add to the diet such dishes.
However, you need to know the extent, because, despite all the benefits for the cartilage, they can damage the blood vessels due to high cholesterol.
As in traditional medicine, folk treatment recommends people suffering from osteochondrosis of the neck to go swimming. After all, as we know, this kind of sport allows you to strengthen the muscles of the neck without a heavy load, as when doing physical exercises.
General advice in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home
When performing physical educationyou can not turn your head sharply.
If you ignore this rule, you may experience an aggravation of painful sensations.
Do not ever use special devices to stretch the cervical spine without the permission of the doctor, which can damage the spine.
Pay special attention to this pillow. Remember that it should support the neck and be square. It is forbidden to use a pillow below the shoulders with osteochondrosis.
To effectively and quickly get rid of unbearable pain in osteochondrosis of the upper segment of the spine, you need to work not only on the neck area, but also on the limb.
In such caseshelp relieve pain in circular movements, aimed at the shoulder joints. In addition, these exercises will help reduce the tension of the neck muscles.
And, if the medical gymnastics is performed correctly, you can achieve their full relaxation.
To get a positive result, you should do all the movements several times. Therapeutic exercise involves repeating the same movements at least 7 times.
In addition, it is necessary to take breaks between the approaches. Moreover, a person during gymnastics is required to control his breathing.
If the pain after exercise is exacerbated, then you should immediately stop it.
Self-treatment of cervical osteochondrosis by physical exercises helps to achieve a good result.
To obtain more effective therapy, it is necessary toconsult with a specialist, it will help to choose suitable exercises for fighting this disease.
The main thing is to properly fulfill them and follow all the recommendations to completely get rid of cervical osteochondrosis.
A source: http://artrit.guru/metody-lecheniya/lechebnye-uprazhneniya-i-trenazhery/lechenie-pri-sheynom-osteohondroze-uprazhneniya-v-domashnih-usloviyah.html