Periodically, some people can observe the appearance of white spots under their eyes without signs of pain or for any apparent reason.Externally, such formations are similar to pimples, which can spread to large areas of the skin or represent a single eruption. As a rule, they do not pose a great danger to human health, but they can spoil the appearance and give signals about more serious disorders in the body.
- 1Definition and types
3Methods of removal
- 3.1At home
- 3.2Hardware cosmetology
- 4Prevention to prevent their occurrence
Definition and types
White dots under the eyes in medicine are called miloons.They are small white nodules on the skin and have a dense or soft to the touch structure. As a rule, their size does not exceed three millimeters, and on average they occupy an area of about half a millimeter. Often they can spread to the skin of both eyelids and be present on it for several years, but sometimes go away by themselves in two to three weeks. The second name milium potholed.
Squeezing pimples on their own is highly discouraged, as this will not solve the underlying problem, but can greatly aggravate the situation. In addition, such a procedure can contribute to the occurrence of infections and redness, significantly worsening the appearance.
White pimples under the eyes are of the nature of acne and are caused by the active work of the sebaceous glands of the skin.As a result of blockage of pores, secretions accumulate under the skin, forming nodules.At the same time, miliums can arise not only in the areas of the eyelids, but also in other parts of the face.
Often, the period of puberty is accompanied by this phenomenon.In this case, it can be acute and affect large areas of the skin. The factor that increases the risk of an anomaly is also the effect of ultraviolet radiation.
The high probability of the appearance and development of white nodules on the skin is present in people with oily and combination skin.
Among the main reasons are also the following:
- Changing the hormonal background in connection with the restructuring of the body, disruption of the endocrine system;
- Cardiovascular pathologies;
- Disturbance of metabolism, including lipid;
- Obesity and overweight;
- Disturbances in the work of the gastrointestinal tract and liver;
- Incorrect nutrition (too fatty, harmful and spicy food), lack of useful substances, vitamins and minerals;
- Use of unsuitable cosmetics, harmful cosmetics (including decorative), too fatty creams;
- Non-observance of the basic rules of hygiene.
Also, the factor of hereditary predisposition can play a big role.
Methods of removal
Currently, there are many ways to remove nodules on the skin under the eyes.These techniques are also applicable in the case of xanthelasma and papillomas. According to the rules of therapy, it is necessary to eliminate not only the rashes themselves, but also the causes of their appearance (if possible). Otherwise, the occurrence of complications and relapses is likely. You can manage with them at home, but for this you need to observe sterility and apply an integrated approach.
To help get rid of rashes in the home can traditional medicine.They are sufficiently safe and not capable of causing serious harm to the body. The following most effective recipes are known:
- Propolis.It is necessary to take a small amount of propolis and grind it into a container, adding a little vegetable oil (the usual table or linen dish will do). Such a product is kept in a cool place for three days, after which it can be ready for the preparation of compresses.
- Garlic.In a small amount of vegetable table or chemical oil is added two mashed garlic cloves. Apply the mixture twice a day and store in the refrigerator.
- Honey mix.A small bulb should be cleaned and covered with honey, then placed in the oven for twenty minutes. After cooling onions, it is necessary to squeeze out the juice from it and apply to the affected skin twice a day.
- Carrot juice.In the same amount mix honey, carrot juice and egg yolk. Such a composition should be used as a mask and applied to the face for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Aloe juice.In equal parts, mix with camphor alcohol and use as a lotion three times a day.
Individual intolerance of components of folk recipes is possible, so it is important to apply them with caution. It is advisable to consult with a dermatologist or a cosmetologist before this.
Effective and correct methods of eliminating pathology can be considered cosmetological, because they represent a professional approach to treatment.Currently, the following methods are most effective and relevant:
- Mechanical.It is the simplest and cheapest way. In this case a small incision is made in sterile conditions, through which the abnormal contents of each nodule are removed.
- Laser.The most convenient and painless technique, involving exposure to the affected areas of the skin of the laser beam. It is important to note that the procedure of this type does not leave scars and traces, and also prevents the recurrence of pathology.
- Electrocoagulation. To remove milium use a weak electric current. In the process of treatment, it affects the affected areas and destroys the nodules. An essential advantage of the method is the ability to remove formations of virtually any size. However, it can leave small burns on the skin, which heals for a long time, and therefore requires compliance with a special regime in the postoperative period.
Only a highly qualified cosmetologist or dermatologist can find the method of removing the patch. It is best to visit proven clinics that have good recommendations and feedback.
Prevention to prevent their occurrence
Preventive measures should be taken by everyone, especially with oily and combination skin.The following rules will help reduce the risk of white acne eruptions:
- Observe the rules of skin hygiene of the face and eyes;
- Do not touch your face with dirty hands;
- Do not use cheap and substandard cosmetics, check the expiration date;
- Pass prophylactic examinations from a cosmetologist and dermatologist, follow their recommendations;
- To refuse from bad habits;
- Establish a healthy diet, enrich the diet with vitamins, minerals and fiber (especially useful are sour-milk products, fruits and vegetables, vegetable unsaturated fats);
- Do not squeeze pimples yourself;
- To conduct professional skin peeling;
- Provide cautious care for the skin around the eyes, do not apply to it rough scrubs and greasy cream.
In the period of hormonal adjustment of the body it is important to provide the skin with rest and rest. At this time it is undesirable to use a lot of cosmetics.
The appearance of white dots on the skin under the eyes does not pose a threat to health, but it can indicate any pathologies of the body, therefore, if they are eliminated, an integrated approach is required.In the same way, it is possible to avoid recurrences of the disease, as well as to improve the general condition of the body. The most important in this case is to trust your health to proven professionals.