- Conjugating factors
- Concomitant diseases
- Burning in pregnant women
- Symptomatic products
- Related videos
Burning in the throat and esophagus is not an independent disease, but a symptom that indicates the development of some pathology. In some cases, the appearance of an unpleasant sensation is associated with eating, and sometimes it occurs regardless of food.
Burning sensation can manifest as mild discomfort or even severe pain syndrome with difficulty in swallowing and breathing. This condition requires a comprehensive survey. In a healthy body, heartburn appears after eating certain foods. She is a frequent companion of women during the period of bearing a child.
But most often burning is a sign of developing pathologies of the digestive tract. If this symptom passes in a short time on its own, then there is nothing to worry about. It is worth worrying when heartburn becomes permanent. In this article, we will talk in more detail about the common causes of the burning sensation, and also learn how to combat them.
Heartburn can occur for a variety of reasons, and they are not always associated with gastrointestinal diseases. Provoke the appearance of burning can inflammatory processes in the larynx, throat infections and much more. So, most often in the larynx burns for the following reasons:
- gastroesophageal reflux, in which the digestive juice is thrown from the stomach into the esophagus;
- peptic ulcer;
- pharyngitis, laryngitis, sore throat;
- diffuse goiter;
- is allergic to food, dust, smells, plants;
- mental disorders;
- pharyngeal neurosis;
- hernia of the esophageal opening;
- gestation period;
- taking certain medicines;
- bad habits: smoking, alcoholism;
- improper eating, eating too much;
- fungal infection;
- is a professional feature for singers, leading, teachers;
- laryngeal cancer.
Burning in the throat and esophagus can be associated with diseases of the digestive tract, thyroid, nervous system
Strangely enough, but the burning sensation in the throat is one of the symptoms of bronchial asthma and hypertension. Also, the heat in the throat can be felt in the event that immediately after eating begin to engage in active physical activity. To avoid heartburn, it is important to control not only the quantity, but also the quality of food consumed. So, sharp, salty and fatty foods can cause heat in the throat.
Let's talk about the most common diseases in which bakes in the throat. To begin with, we will consider a pathology such as esophagitis.
With esophagitis, the mucosa of the esophagus becomes inflamed. As the pathological process progresses, the ailment can spread to deeper layers of the organ. The most diverse factors can provoke the development of the disease:
- infectious processes: influenza, parainfluenza, diphtheria, fungal infection;
- physical impact. This includes eating too hot food, swallowing hard or sharp objects;
- chemical effect: sharp, flavored food, household chemicals.
Esophagitis can be asymptomatic. As the pathological process progresses, the following symptoms appear: pain syndrome, which is worse after eating and when the body tilts, discomfort when swallowing, belching with air, burning sensation in the esophagus, increased salivation.
This is a chronic relapsing disease characterized by persistent exacerbations. There is a pathology in the form of such signs: burning in the esophagus, chest pain, sour taste in the mouth, choking in the throat when eating food, belching sour and air. Gastroesophageal reflux also leads to tooth damage, as well as to the constant inflammatory processes from the side of the larynx, pharynx, and accessory sinuses of the nose.
The following causes can lead to the appearance of a pathological process:
- excess weight;
- hernia of the esophagus;
- improper power;
- smoking, chronic alcoholism;
- side effect of certain drugs.
Gastroesophageal reflux causes burning sensation behind the sternum
The fight against pathologies includes medical and non-medicamentous therapy. First of all, experts appoint a diet. Patients should avoid overeating - a frequent cause of heartburn. It is extremely important to abandon food, which includes vegetable fats, irritating the mucosa of the esophagus and relaxing the esophageal sphincter:
- of citrus fruits;
- is oily;
- soda, etc.
Get rid of the habit of taking a lying position after eating. Normalization of body weight, as well as rejection of bad habits will help stop the progression of the pathological process.
The basis of this ailment lies the enlargement of the thyroid gland in size and the increase in its functional activity. Hyperfunction of the endocrine organ is due to an attack of its own immunity. According to statistics, diffuse goiter usually appears in women from twenty to fifty years of age.
The genetic factor plays an important role in the formation of the disease. A person inherits a defect in the immune system. The disease is characterized by the appearance of such symptoms:
- nervousness, irritability;
- sleep disturbance;
- increased sweating;
- compressive or stitching pain in the heart;
- weight loss against a background of increased appetite;
- finger flicker;
- eye enlargement;
- arrhythmia attacks.
Treatment begins with the use of medications. In the case of ineffective use of conservative techniques, doctors can prescribe an operation. An important role played by nutrition and diffuse goiter. The daily diet should contain a sufficient number of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
It is extremely important to limit the consumption of foods that excite the nervous system, for example, spices, strong coffee, tea, chocolate. The lack of vitamins can be replenished with the help of fruit vegetables. A sufficient amount of minerals is found in whole milk and sour-milk products.
Allergens penetrate the body through the nose and throat, which causes perspiration, burning, tearing, sneezing, discharge from the nose, redness of the eyes and other. Provoke increased sensitivity can tobacco smoke, plant pollen, animal hair, poplar fluff.
Despite the fact that some signs of an allergy and viral diseases are similar, still there are striking differences between them. In case of an allergic reaction, the patient has pain and perspiration, but the temperature of the body does not increase. There is also no coughing and enlarged lymph nodes.
Allergy can be caused by plant pollen
Throat allergy occurs in several variants:
- allergic pharyngitis. It appears as a strong edema of the mucous membrane of the throat and tongue, as well as pain and perspiration. There may also appear dry cough, hoarseness of voice and nasal congestion;
- Quincke edema. This is a rather dangerous kind of throat allergy, which appears suddenly. Severe swelling even causes breathing difficulties. Suffocation can cause death. The patient needs emergency medical care;
- allergic laryngitis. Inflammation of the larynx can arise from the bite of insects, food, smoking, hypothermia. Patients have problems with swallowing, the voice becomes hoarse. They are not left feeling the lack of air;
- anaphylactic shock is an acute allergic reaction. The defeat of the upper respiratory tract in rare cases can lead to death. Drugs, insect bites, food, pollen, dust - all this can provoke sensitization of the body.
Combating throat allergy is a multi-stage process that includes the following:
- Elimination of hypersensitivity
- Coping inflammation and swelling.
- Softening of irritated mucosa.
- Cleansing the body of toxins.
- Strengthening of immunity.
Neurosis of the pharynx
It is not for nothing that it says that all nerves are from the nerves. Because of diseases of the nervous system anything can hurt, and even a throat. The basis for the development of neurosis of the pharynx lies the violation of the innervation of this organ or the work of the central nervous system.
With neurosis of the throat of patients, severe burning sensation and pain in the throat area
The pharyngeal neurosis proceeds in several variants, namely:
- anesthesia, in which there is no sensitivity of the organ and a pharyngeal reflex. Provoke the process can syphilis, brain tumors, hysteria, sclerosis, influenza, diphtheria. When anesthetized, a person can inadvertently inhale food;
- with hypersensitivity observed increased sensitivity of the pharynx. The cause of this can be chronic diseases of the larynx and pharynx, smoking, alcohol abuse, hysteria, neurasthenia;
- paresthesia. Patients complain of the sensation of a foreign body in the throat, tingling, pain, burning, spasm of the larynx. Most often, paresthesia occurs against a background of neurotic disorders. Pathology can appear in the climacteric period.
Burning in pregnant women
Heartburn is a frequent companion to pregnant women. Hormonal reorganization, increase in the level of progesterone, squeezing the stomach - all this causes the activation of the pathological process. Many drugs are prohibited for pregnant women, especially in the first trimester. First of all, it is recommended that women adjust their diet and lifestyle.
This includes reducing the portion( overeating will only exacerbate the condition), rejecting fatty, roast, spicy, smoked, limiting the consumption of vegetables, which include fiber: white cabbage, garlic, onions, radish, radish, at the first signs of burning is betterto refuse from mushrooms, nuts, black bread, chocolate, strong tea and coffee.
Heartburn occurs during pregnancy due to hormonal adjustment
The recommended products for heartburn are oat flakes, milk, yogurt, kefir, carrots. In the daily menu must be present thick soups, purees, as well as viscous porridge. In case of ineffectiveness of the above-mentioned recommendations, pregnant women may be prescribed medications. Alginates are often used on a plant basis.
By chemical treatment of brown algae it is possible to neutralize hydrochloric acid. This group of drugs relieves the attack of pain and does not damage the mucous membrane of the digestive organs. Alginates can be used throughout the period of pregnancy. They are not absorbed, neutralize toxins, envelop the mucous membrane of the esophagus and stomach, and restore the microflora to the intestine.
Some foods may provoke the appearance of this unpleasant symptom. Burning itself does not pose a health hazard, but permanent errors in nutrition can ultimately lead to illness. With existing problems from the digestive tract, doctors do not recommend leaning on heavy food.
This food is digested for a long time, creating an additional load. The heavy food can include: forest mushrooms, pearl barley, corn, millet porridge, fatty meats, seafood, exotic food, nuts. With regard to vegetables and fruits, in their raw form they cause an increase in the secretion of hydrochloric acid. From the diet is better to completely exclude cabbage, onions, garlic, tomatoes.
Raw vegetables and fruits can further exacerbate heartburn
Use of dairy products should be treated with great care. With heartburn, you can not eat fat yogurt, margarine, butter, cottage cheese, ice cream. Drinks, which include alcohol, relax the esophageal sphincter, which aggravates the situation. Beer and dry wines most often cause heartburn.
Sweets are also able to cause burning sensation. Too frequent consumption of sweets, chocolate, jam, cakes, cakes can lead to the development of digestive diseases. The composition of such products includes a large amount of sugar, which is a nutrient medium for pathogenic microorganisms. Also, they contain flavors, dyes, artificial fillers.
So, burning in the throat and esophagus, this is not a disease, but only a symptom. Sometimes it occurs during pregnancy or after eating certain foods. But most often heartburn is a sign of the development of pathological processes, such as esophagitis, esophageal reflux, gastritis, ulcer, neurosis of the larynx and others. If heartburn does not pass by itself, be sure to consult a specialist and take a survey.