What antibiotics are used for children with bronchitis?
Bronchitis is an inflammatory process that is concentrated in the mucous membrane of the bronchi. Often, pathology affects the nasal mucosa and throat. At the initial stage of the disease, inflammation is concentrated in the nasopharynx, and only then passes to the respiratory tract. Treatment of bronchitis in children is a very painstaking process, because in addition to the fact that it should have a comprehensive approach, it should be prescribed taking into account the age of the patient and the course of the disease.
What medications are suitable
Antibiotic drugs for children's bronchitis are indispensable medicines, but which one is the best and should be taken and treated is a special issue. You can apply them for 2-3 days. Duration of treatment is not less than 5 days. If necessary, the therapy should be extended, otherwise the resistance of bacteria to antibiotics will come and bronchitis from acute to chronic. Here signs of chronic bronchitis are described.
Up to 1 year
What is the most effective antibiotic for bronchitis for babies? To such small patients for the treatment of bronchitis the doctor can appoint:
CiprofloxacinIs an antibacterial drug that is part of a group of fluoroquinols. With the help of such therapy, small children can achieve a powerful bacterial effect. This medication has such side effects as nausea, weakness, diarrhea, headaches. With caution, it is necessary to apply the drug to babies with a violation of blood circulation in the brain, mental abnormalities.
Amoxicillin- Antibacterial drug, a member of the penicillin group. With this treatment, it is possible to obtain the maximum effect and eliminate the activity of aerobic bacteria. Therapy with amoxicillin should be carried out under the supervision of a specialist. In doing so, he will monitor the work of the liver and kidneys. Side effects can be disorders in the digestive system, the nervous system. Amoxicillin is also available as a suspension.
Erythromycin- a medicament that is part of the macrolith group. During the use of the drug, you can defeat the causative agent of the disease. Compared with the previously presented drugs, Erythromycin very rarely can cause an allergic reaction to the skin and is well tolerated by the intestine.
For children 2-3 years
For the treatment of bronchitis in these children very often appoint Umkalor. This drug is considered an excellent alternative antibacterial agent.It has an antimicrobial effect, has a plant origin and is released in the form of drops.Side effects can be allergies, vomiting, pain in the stomach, diarrhea.
The dosage of the medication per day is determined by the attending physician. For children 2-3 years should be consumed 6-10 drops per day. The therapeutic course is no more than 10 days.
In addition, patients of this age may be prescribed macrolide antibiotics. They effectively eliminate the symptoms of acute and chronic bronchitis. A positive influence is achieved by blocking the production process of protein, which is so important for the construction of RNA bacteria. The most effective antibiotics of this group are:
- Azithromycin Zentiva;
- Zetamax Retard.
Penicillins and aminopenicillins are medicines that actively fight with such pathogens of bronchitis as streptococci, pneumococci and staphylococci.
For older children with bronchitis, a doctor can prescribe antibiotics
- Amoxiclav, which enter the penicillin group.
Macrolides are antibacterial drugs that are actively used to treat children's bronchitis due to their ability to destroy even the most resistant microorganisms. Their next advantage is that their removal from the body is carried out through the respiratory system and blood. The most popular are such drugs as Rulid, Erythromycin, Summed. Their high popularity is due to the fact that after taking in children very rarely allergic reaction occurs. Therapeutic course is 2-5 days. Dosage preparation for every day - 0, 25 - 1 g.
Find out what antibiotics to take with sinusitis.
Here you can see a photo of what a necrotic sore throat looks like.
The causes of herpes sore throat in children: http://prolor.ru/g/detskoe-zdorove-g/gerpesnaya-angina-u-rebenka.html.
Medications for different forms of bronchitis
Bronchitis can take place in the spirit forms: acute and obstructive. Each has its own antibacterial drugs.
The video tells about the use of antibiotics in bronchitis in children:
In acute form
To treat such bronchitis in children, the doctor prescribes antibiotics with a wide range of effects. They have the same effect on most microorganisms, block them. In pediatrics, the following drugs are in great demand:
The form of administration of the drug is determined taking into account the severity of the disease. Also, the doctor will be prescribed to take Azithromycin in an amount of 5 mg / kg body weight. The reception is conducted for 5 days. Erythromycin is taken at 30-50 mg / kg per day.
Here you can read about the treatment of obstructive bronchitis with folk remedies.
When treatment of obstructive bronchitis in children, they are prescribed Azithromycin 5 mg per kg of body weight or drugs belonging to the group of macrolides. These can be Vilprofen, Macropen, Rulid, Erythromycin. Duration of admission 7-10 days. The dosage is determined taking into account the age of the patient.
Opinion of Komarovsky
During the therapy of pediatric bronchitis, one should not allow self-medication. Only a timely doctor's help will effectively and quickly eliminate the symptoms and the disease itself. Understand the direction of treatment and a list of effective medicines, it is possible to decide whether treatment without antibiotics is possible only by an experienced pediatrician.
In the video, Dr. Komarovsky talks about the use of antibiotics in children with bronchitis:
Treatment of small patients from bronchitis is carried out at home, but the doctor constantly monitors the whole process.If there is a risk of bronchitis transition to a chronic form, a rise in body temperature, then hospitalization will be required.Typically, this applies to young children. The reason is that they do not fully have respiratory organs.
As for the use of antibiotics, in children's bronchitis this is quite justified action. But their reception should be conducted strictly on the recommendation of the attending physician. Otherwise, the baby may develop side effects.
In addition to antibiotics, the physician should prescribe to the patient physiotherapeutic procedures, as well as compliance with the diet. All recommendations should be implemented in a complex, otherwise to achieve positive results from treatment will be impossible.
Bronchitis in a child is a disease that causes him a lot of discomfort. To cure it with antibiotics alone will not learn, since an integrated approach is required here, but without them it will not be possible to make quality treatment. The expediency of their appointment can be said only after a thorough diagnosis. Perhaps you will also be useful information about the symptoms of viral bronchitis. The link describes the popular treatment of chronic bronchitis. Also, read whether you can breathe over a potato with bronchitis.
Antibiotics for bronchitis in children
Bronchitis - this diagnosis affects many parents eerily, prompting a desire to actively treat all possible medicines. Even when a doctor prescribes a harmless medicine for bronchitis for children, for example, a mucolytic remedy, some mothers seem to be inadequate and they start looking for "magic" pills. Usually, such searches end in a drugstore and purchase of antibiotics. But antibiotics for children with bronchitis are not always necessary and can even provoke complications.
When antibiotics are not needed?
Before deciding what to give a child with bronchitis, you need to get information about the origin of the disease. In the overwhelming majority of cases, children's bronchitis has a viral origin, which means that antibiotics are not treated in its treatment. If bronchitis is a consequence of an allergic reaction, antibacterial drugs also will not help. Antibiotics are needed only if the disease is provoked by a bacterial infection. To determine the cause of modern medicine makes it possible without difficulty, it is enough to make a sputum culture to understand whether there is a bacterium causative agent or not. Unfortunately, such an analysis takes a certain time, so it is not uncommon for bronchitis drugs for children to be prescribed without examination of microflora. The whole trouble is that if an antibiotic is prescribed without evidence, it has a devastating effect on the children's body:
- first, by killing one bacterium, it allows free reproduction of another, which increases the risk of complications;
- secondly, the use of antibiotics entails a dysbacteriosis;
- Thirdly, antibiotics often cause allergic reactions;
- Fourthly, any excess intake of antibiotics requires subsequent treatment with stronger drugs, since there is a resistance of microorganisms.
Effective antibiotics for bronchitis in children
Of course, if as a result of the analysis a germ-causing agent is detected, the only correct treatment will be the use of antibiotics. There are three groups of effective antibiotics:
- Penicillins and aminopenicillins are long-known drugs that can fight streptococci, pneumococci, staphylococci. Augmentin and amoksiklav - with bronchitis in children, usually these drugs are prescribed penicillin group.
- Cephalosporins - a side effect of this group is quite extensive, they cause nausea, upset, vomiting, they are usually prescribed in case of allergy to penicillin. Children with bronchitis are prescribed cefotaxime, cephalexin, cefaclor, ceftriaxone - with bronchitis in children, the use of all these drugs should be accompanied by the intake of vitamins of group B and C.
- Macrolides - these antibiotics have earned recognition thanks to the ability to destroy even resistant bacteria, penetrating deep into the cells. Another of their advantages is the ability to be excreted from the body through respiratory organs and blood, and not just the kidneys. Rulid, erythromycin, summed - these drugs, recommended for bronchitis in children, rarely cause allergic reactions.
Rules for taking antibiotics
Whatever antibiotics have not been prescribed for bronchitis in children, it is important to strictly follow the rules for their admission. You can not interrupt the course of treatment, even if the child already feels well - usually the instructions specify the exact number of days of treatment. It is also important not to disturb the reception time, so that all intervals between drug ingestion in the body were the same. It is necessary to drink antibiotics with sufficient water. It is extremely important in parallel with antibiotics to take probiotics to restore microflora.
Antibiotics for bronchitis in children and adults
Bronchitis is a common disease that in recent years has been chronic in the population, and the signs of bronchitis in adults vary and depend on many factors.
Before the treatment of bronchitis it is necessary to find out the cause that caused the disease. Unfortunately, antibiotics for adults are prescribed empirically in adults, and in some states their purpose is completely inappropriate.
It is known that bronchitis without antibiotics is easily treated if the inflammation has a viral origin, since the virus is not treated with antibacterial agents.
If you take antibiotics during ARVI - this only interferes with the body's defense mechanisms to fight the virus, they depress the immune system system, lead to the development of dysbacteriosis, allergies, develop the resistance of microorganisms to the drug.
Depending on the type of bronchitis the doctor is prescribed the appropriate treatment:
Types of bronchitis
- Acute bronchitis
It is an inflammatory process in the bronchi that occurs most often against the background of Orvi, the flu. With a normal immune response, the body can cope with the virus and in this case antibiotics are not shown. But with the accession of a bacterial infection - pneumococci, staphylococci, streptococci, with a severe course of acute bronchitis without antibiotics is indispensable. Symptoms of acute bronchitis: purulent sputum (yellow or green) with a strong cough, temperature 37.5-38.5C, chest pain. The doctor prescribes expectorants, mucolytic agents for improving the excretion of sputum (bromhexine, lazolvan, chest collection), showing inhalation. With a dry, painful, unproductive cough, the anticancer preparations are shown (Sinekod, Libexin). Well helps therapeutic exercises, physiotherapy, vibrating massage. With timely and adequate treatment, the disease passes quickly, residual phenomena in the form of a cough may persist for 3-4 weeks after the illness.
- Chronical bronchitis
If the number of days of illness in two years exceeds three months, such bronchitis is considered chronic. It is distinguished by the presence of a strong cough with mucus. This can be due to smoking (see. lung cancer and smoking), occupational hazard, allergic reaction and respiratory tract infections.
Separately stands out atypical forms of bronchitis. Mycoplasmal and chlamydial bronchitis are special types of inflammation of the bronchi and lungs, which are caused by such atypical pathogens as chlamydia and mycoplasma. Recently, these bronchitis have become more often diagnosed. Mycoplasmal and chlamydial bronchitis and pneumonia develop slowly, are accompanied by intoxication, have a recurrent and protracted nature, are difficult to treat. In patients other than cough, there is a high body temperature, chills, muscle aches.
Which antibiotic is better
The table provides a choice of treatment depending on the type of bronchitis:
|Types of bronchitis||additional characteristics||Treatment choice|
|Acute bronchitis||Viral etiology||Expectorants,
Bronchitis without antibiotics
|Chronic uncomplicated bronchitis||Less than 4 exacerbations per year||Aminopenicillins
|Chronic complicated bronchitis||More than 4 relapses per year, the patient's age is more than 65 years||Amoxicillin, Amoxiclav
|Chronic bronchitis with concomitant diseases||The presence of chronic diseases, diabetes, kidney, heart failure||Fluoroquinolones (in resistant flora, contraindicated in children)|
|Chlamydia bronchitis||It develops in children and in adults with weakened immunity||Tetracyclines
|Mycoplasma bronchitis||It develops in children and in adults with weakened immunity||Macrolides|
- Aminopenicillins - first-line drugs
- Macrolides - second-line drugs
Azithromycin (Sumamed price 540-560 rub. Azithromycin, Azitrox, Hemomycin, Z-factor, Azitrus 140 rub., Azicid, Azitral), Midekamycin (Macropen price 220-230 rubles.). Violate the production of protein in the cells of bacteria, so the microbes stop multiplying.
- Fluoroquinolones - appointed with inefficiency, allergic reactions to the first 2 rows
Levofloxacin (price 430-670 rub.), Ofloksatsin (price 30 - 170 rubles.), Moxifloxacin (Avelox price 1100-1200 rub.). Quite expensive drugs, refer to antibiotics of a wide spectrum of action, are contraindicated to children, cause dysbacteriosis, are considered to be preparations of the reserve.
Cefazolin (10-12 rubles a bottle for 1 injection), Ceftriaxone (17-50 rubles per bottle for 1 in.), Cefalexin (capsules 40-50 rubles. for 16 pcs.), Cefixim (Suprax, Panzef, Ixim).
What is the best antibiotic for bronchitis?
This is the one to which the causative agent of the disease is most sensitive. How to determine this, and what antibiotics to drink with bronchitis? The most correct choice of a drug will be after the result of bacterial culture of phlegm on sensitivity to antibacterial agents. The disadvantage of such an analysis is the duration of the result, as well as the fact that the analysis is not done because of savings in reagents or lack of laboratories. Most often, the doctor prescribes a broad spectrum antibiotic according to the standard of treatment.
Antibiotics for children
The use of antimicrobial agents in children with colds is unacceptable, their administration is justified only in case of complication development:
- This may be the case when after the flu virus, ARVI after 4-5 days, the deterioration of the general condition of the child, the rise of high fever, a wet cough with purulent sputum. In this case, call a doctor.
- The safest and most effective drugs that can be prescribed for children are aminopenicillins and macrolides. Cephalosporins and macrolides are prescribed if there is an allergy to penicillins.
- During and after taking antibiotics, the child should take probiotic drugs in between using antibiotics, and at the end course of treatment continue the use of Bifiform, Rio Flora Immuno, Acipola, Bifidumbacterin, Linex for another 2-4 weeks. a complete list of probiotics, analogues of Linesque).
The main rules for taking antibiotics
- Continuity of the course of treatment. The doctor evaluates the patient's condition and determines the duration of therapy, usually enough 5-7 days, with macrolide treatment - 5 days.
- Take exactly the time. It is necessary to observe the frequency of reception and maintain the same time intervals (24, 12, 8, 6 hours), that is, if an antibiotic is prescribed 3 times a day, then it is taken every 8 hours. This is necessary to maintain a constant concentration of the drug in the blood. Some antibiotics should be drunk 1 time per day (every 24 hours), others 2 (every 12 hours), some three (8 hours).
- Monitor the effect of the antibiotic. If there is no improvement within 72 hours, then the causative agent to this antibacterial agent is stable and should be changed.
- Continue treatment 2-3 days after the obvious improvement, recovery (see, for example, 11 rules for the correct intake of antibiotics).
For any malaise, cough, temperature, always consult a doctor. Distinguish manifestations of diseases, differentiate the disease, which drug should be chosen better for bronchitis and how to correctly take it, only a specialist can do it. Trust doctors, then you will not have to deal with the situation of complications from untimely or incorrect treatment, as well as with unreasonable intake of medications.
Antibiotics for children with bronchitis: which ones to choose?
Bronchitis is one of the most common and serious respiratory diseases in children. Often doctors prescribe antibiotics for treatment. But this is not always justified. In most cases, bronchitis is caused by a viral infection or an allergic reaction. And antibiotics are needed to fight bacteria or other microorganisms. Unjustified prescription of such drugs can cause complications and harm the health of the child. Therefore, antibiotics should be used for children with bronchitis only after carrying out the necessary tests and determining the cause of the disease.
When it is necessary to prescribe antibacterial drugs
Antibiotics for children with bronchitis are prescribed in the presence of bacterial infection. Such preparations for viruses do not work and only worsen the state of the child, as they reduce immunity. And to determine the causative agent of the disease is possible only when analyzing sputum, which is not always done. Therefore, there are other signs that indicate the presence of bacteria in the child's body:
- more than 3 days the temperature is kept to 38 degrees;
- the child can hardly breathe, even in dyspnea;
- leaves a viscous greenish phlegm with impurities of pus;
- there are signs of intoxication;
- if the child is less than a year old.
In no case should you yourself give antibiotics for bronchitis for children 4 years and under. Only a doctor can decide whether such medications are necessary for the child.
How to apply antibiotics
The main rule for the use of such drugs is that they must be taken under strict medical supervision. Only a specialist can choose the right medicine and determine its dosage and duration of administration. And parents must comply with all of its regulations. In most cases, antibiotics for bronchitis for children 7 years and older are given in the form of tablets or capsules. But there are now such drugs and in the form of suspensions or syrup, which is more convenient for small children.
How correctly to apply antibiotics for children with bronchitis?
- Usually, such drugs are prescribed for a period of 5 to 7 days. If bronchitis occurs with complications and in chronic form, the reception time can be extended to 2 weeks. You can not stop taking your medication yourself earlier than this time, even if there is an improvement. Bacteria can develop resistance to the antibiotic.
- One of the features of the use of such drugs is the schedule of admission. Drink them must be strictly at regular intervals - 8, 12 or 24 hours. This is the only way to ensure a constant level of antibacterial substances in the blood.
- When prescribing an antibiotic for children, it is very important to determine the exact dosage. It depends on the age and body weight of the child.
- It is necessary to study the instruction to find out, before meals or after you need to take the drug.
What antibiotics are prescribed for children with bronchitis?
According to the rules, you can choose antibiotics for the treatment of bronchitis only after determining the pathogen. But most often, preparations of a broad spectrum of action are prescribed. According to the experience of doctors, the most sensitive pathogens of bronchitis to three types of antibiotics:
- penicillins - "Amoxicillin", "Amoxiclav", "Flemoxin solute";
- cephalosporins - "Ceftriaxone", "Cefotaxime", "Zinnat";
- macrolides - "Macropen", "Sumamed", "Hemomycin".
The choice of the drug depends on the age of the child, the state of his health and the features of the course of the disease.
How to use antibiotics for bronchitis for children 3 years and younger
At this age, inflammation of the bronchi is very dangerous because of the features of the anatomy and physiology of the child. Much more often complications of bronchitis occur in babies. Small bronchi are clogged with phlegm, and it leaves very hard, which can cause the development of pneumonia. Therefore, in many cases, the treatment of this disease occurs in the hospital.
If there is a need to take antibacterial drugs, then at this age, many of them are contraindicated. In addition, antibiotics for bronchitis for children 1 year and younger are most commonly used as injections. In this way, the medicine acts faster. A doctor's observation in the treatment of antibiotics in children is necessary because these drugs often cause serious side effects. In young children, except for diarrhea and vomiting, there may be convulsions, faints and a change in the picture of blood.
Antibiotics of the penicillin group
These antibacterial drugs are active against most pathogens of bronchitis. But they have many side effects, most often cause allergic reactions or dysbiosis. Therefore, they should be taken together with vitamins C and B, as well as with probiotics to preserve the intestinal microflora. It should be taken into account that the drugs of the penicillin group are active against staphylococci, streptococci and pneumococci, but are ineffective against chlamydia and mycoplasmas, which can also cause bronchitis.
Of this group, antibiotics are often prescribed for bronchitis for children 10 years and younger: "Amoxicillin", "Flemoxin solute", "Sulbactam", "Ospamox." Antibacterial action is marked by drugs containing amoxicillin with clavulanic acid: "Amoxiclav", "Augmentin".
Effectively, the bacteria are also killed by antibiotics of the group of cephalosporins: Zinnat, Cephadox, Loprax, Supraks. They are used less often, mainly if the patient is intolerant of penicillins. They are also used in the complex therapy of complicated bronchitis. Most often prescribe to children several drugs.
- "Zinnat" is available in the form of granules for the preparation of a suspension. Applied for children from 3 months.
- "Supraks" - cephalosporin of the 3rd generation. The drug is prohibited for babies up to six months. Suspension should be given to a child 2-3 times a day.
- "Ceftriaxone" - a very effective drug that helps cope with inflammation in 3-4 days. But this antibiotic is produced in a solution for injections.
This group of drugs has recently been prescribed most often, since penicillins and cephalosporins cause disturbance of the intestinal microflora and other side effects. Macrolides do not have a toxic effect on the kidneys and intestines. In addition, they are active against a large number of microorganisms and penetrate deep into the cells. Therefore, they are considered more effective. The most commonly prescribed antibiotics for bronchitis for children 5 years and older:
- "Azithromycin" and its imported analogue "Sumamed";
Which antibiotic to choose
The safest and most effective drugs are those containing amoxicillin. But there are bacteria that mutated and became insensitive to the action of these drugs. Therefore, you need to choose such drugs from this group that contain clavulanate or sulbactam. On the package it should be written: "Amoxicillin + clavulanate." The most effective in this regard are modern drugs.
- "Amoxiclav" is a suspension that is used for children from 3 months. You need to give depending on the weight of the child 2 times a day. The drug has great efficacy against pathogens of bronchitis.
- "Flemoxin Solutab" - a drug based on amoxicillin, is shown to children from 1 month. Effectively removes inflammation.
- "Augmentin" is often prescribed for bronchitis. The combination of amoxicillin with clavulanic acid effectively destroys bacteria. Children are prescribed a drug in the form of a suspension.
Features of antibiotic treatment
The main thing that parents should know is that you can not give antibiotics yourself to a child without prescribing a doctor. In addition, with this treatment, you must follow several rules:
- if after 3 days of improvement does not occur or the child becomes worse, the drug should be canceled, but the doctor must do it;
- it is very important to observe the dosage prescribed by the doctor and not to miss the time of taking the medication;
- antibiotics disrupt the intestinal microflora, therefore simultaneously with them probiotics are appointed: "Lineks", "Normobakt", "Bifiform";
- with such treatment it is important to constantly monitor the reaction of the child and, if side effects occur, stop taking the medication and tell the pediatrician.
Antibiotics for children are prescribed by a specialist in severe bacterial infections. You can not choose your own medicine. These drugs are very serious drugs, often causing side effects.