Festal is an enzyme drug used to compensate for the functions of the pancreas and liver that are suppressed for some reason.
The composition of the drug includes the following enzymes: amylase, protease, lipase, hemicellulase, and bovine bile extract. They have a positive effect on the digestion of nutrients, increasing the quality of their absorption, break down the fiber, reduce gas formation. Festal promotes the dilution of fats with water and improves their digestibility. It is indicated for use in pancreatitis, liver damage, bile acid loss, bile formation disorders, bile withdrawal, gastrointestinal tract diseases.
The duration of the drug course varies significantly and is calculated in days (with digestive disorders due to excessive entrainment of "wrong" food) or even years (within the framework of substitution therapy in case of inadequate functioning of internal organs participating in digestion due to chronic diseases).
Clinical and pharmacological group
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can buywithout a doctor's prescription.
How much does Festal cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of195 rubles..
Composition and form of release
Festal is released in a dosage form in intestine-soluble tablets. They have white color, round shape, glossy surface.
- The composition of the drug includes active components: pancreatin, hemicellulase and bile components.
Additional components: sodium chloride, cellacephate, ethylvaniline, sucrose, castor oil, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, gelatin, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, dextrose liquid, acacia gum, calcium carbonate, glycerol, macrogol, titanium dioxide, talc.
Active active ingredients of the drug are hemicellulase, pancreatin and bile components. The auxiliary substance, which is a part of the dragee, is sodium chloride. The shell consists of titanium dioxide, macrogol, talc, dextrose liquid, gelatin, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, sucrose, castor oil, ethyl vanillin, cellacephate.
When using Festal due to pancreatin eliminates the insufficiency of the exocrine function of the pancreas, and also due to the bile component normalizes the bile excretory function of the liver. The drug has amylolytic, proteolytic and lipolytic effects. When applied, Festal improves the digestion of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, which speeds up their absorption in the small intestine.
The drug corrects biliary insufficiency, promotes the release of lipase from the pancreas, accelerates the breakdown of plant tissue and reduces the formation of gases in the intestine.
Indications for use
What helps? The main indications for the use of Festal - insufficiency of the pancreas, accompanied by a chronic pancreatitis, as well as biliary insufficiency with digestive disorders, flatulence, constipation, and so on. treatment:
- large losses of bile acids, for example, after a previous cholecystectomy;
- diffuse liver diseases, for example, liver cirrhosis, alcoholic and toxic liver damage;
- malfunctions of circulation of bile acids, as a result of dyskinesia of bile ducts, dysbacteriosis and malabsorption;
- violations of neurohumoral regulation of various processes of bile formation or bile secretion, accompanied by chronic gastrointestinal diseases, for example, chronic forms of gastritis, duodenitis or cholecystitis;
- deviations in the digestion of food in people with normal gastrointestinal function with changes in nutrition, problems with chewing function, sedentary lifestyle, and so on;
- in preparation for ultrasound of the abdominal cavity or X-ray.
The drug can not be taken under the following conditions:
- Mechanical jaundice.
- Intestinal obstruction.
- Gallstone disease.
- Exacerbation of the chronic form of pancreatitis.
- Elevated levels of bilirubin in the blood.
- Hypersensitivity to accessory components.
- Ostrom pancreatitis.
- Inclination to diarrhea.
- Empyema of the gallbladder.
- Hepatic insufficiency, coma or precoma.
Festal is also contraindicated for children under 3 years old.
Intended use for pregnancy and lactation
It should be noted that Festal during pregnancy is appointed with extreme caution. As a rule, it is necessary to find out whether it is possible for pregnant women to take this or other medicines from their doctor in charge. According to the instructions for breastfeeding and pregnancy, the use of this drug It is allowed if the benefits to a woman significantly exceed the risk of unwanted effects for the baby.
Dosage and route of administration
As indicated in the instructions for use, Festal should be taken orally, without chewing, during or immediately after eating, with a small amount of liquid.
- Adults appoint 1-2 tablets 3 times / day. A higher dose is prescribed by the doctor.
Use of the drug in children as directed by a doctor.
- Duration of treatment can vary from several days (with digestion due to inaccuracies in the diet) up to several months or years (if necessary, therapy).
Before x-ray or ultrasound examination - 2 dragees 2-3 times / day for 2-3 days before the study.
During treatment with Festal, patients complained about:
- Allergic reactions, which were manifested by sneezing, lacrimation, flushing of the skin.
- Feeling of nausea, the appearance of diarrhea or intestinal colic.
It is also possible to increase the content of uric acid in the blood and urine. In children, as an adverse reaction, irritation was noted in the perianal area or in the oral mucosa.
If the recommended therapeutic dose of Festal drops is significantly exceeded, the level of uric acid may increase, and its excretion in the urine may also increase. In this case, the drug is canceled and symptomatic therapy is prescribed.
In cystic fibrosis, the drug should be administered with caution, since the dose should be adequate to the quantity and quality of the food consumed.
Compatibility with other drugs
When using the drug, it is necessary to take into account the interaction with other drugs:
- Cimetidine may enhance the effect of the drug.
- Pancreatin can reduce the absorption of folic acid.
- Long-term use of pancreatin can reduce the absorption of iron preparations.
- Pancreatin can reduce acarbose, so do not use Festal and acarbose at the same time.
- Simultaneous use of antacid agents containing calcium carbonate and / or magnesium hydroxide can lead to a decrease in the effectiveness of pancreatin.
- At simultaneous application with a preparation Festal the absorption of PASK, sulfonamides, antibiotics is strengthened. It is possible to reduce the absorption of iron preparations.
We offer you to read reviews of people who used Festal:
- Igor. Sometimes the heaviness and swelling in the abdomen is felt. I take a pill festul and in 15-20 minutes it passes. Of course, every patient has his own medicine. It fits me and side effects are not manifested.
- Elena.Buy festal Indian production! He is better. I always take it on trips, because if I'm traveling, I often jump in something exotic, and then I do not know what to do with this state. So I use Indian festalom or pancreatin.
- Marina. From an early age I suffer from the stomach. It is worth somewhere to eat at least a little something wrong (and because of the features of the work often have to eat lunch in unfamiliar places) and immediately begin the problem. Creepy discomfort, tingling, swelling... In a word - a nightmare. In general, I am very glad that there is such a reliable tool as "Festal". Always helps. I have a bag in each bag, so that I always have it at hand. Without him, I feel insecure. It is good that the price allows you to stock up, otherwise you would have been ruined already. And I also like that thanks to the shell, which is covered with pills, it is easy to take even without water.
Structural analogs for the active substance:
- Gastenorm forte;
- Creon 10000;
- Creon 2, 00;
- Creon 40000;
- Mezim 20000;
- Mezim forte;
- Mezim forte 10000;
- Pangrol 2, 00;
- Pangrol 10000;
- Panzim Forte;
- Panzinorm 10000;
- Penzinorm forte 20000;
- Pancreatin forte;
- Festal N;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Festal or Mezim - which is better?
There are several analogues of the drug, which have the same composition and purpose. One of the popular substitutes is Mezim's remedy. Which is better Festal or Mezim - the doctor will explain in detail, taking into account the individual characteristics and diagnosis of the patient. Both agents are pancreatic.
Also they have the same composition and they both participate in the digestion of food. The structure of Festal and Mezima includes three main components that help in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. The difference between Festal and Mezim is that it also contains bile, which can cause allergies in the patient. There is no such substance in Mezim.
Other drugs differ in the form of release. Festal is made in the form of white dragee, protected by a special shell. It does not dissolve until it reaches the small intestine, that is, the active substances of the medicine do not break down from the acidic medium. Mezim is available in pink tablets, without a special coating, so it can begin its therapeutic effect right in the intestines, which may not facilitate the patient's condition later.
Also the difference between Mezim and Festal is in price. Mezim is more expensive than Festal. This is due to the constant advertising of the drug on TV, rather than its medicinal data.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Dragee must be stored in a dry place inaccessible to children. The temperature of storage of the medicine should not exceed 25 degrees. It is forbidden to take the medicine after the expiration date (in the instructions for use it is indicated that the dragees can be taken within 36 months from the date of manufacture).
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.