The child has a frequent coughFight for the health of your child needs tirelessly. But, what if all means in the fight against viruses and microbes are tried, and there is absolutely no improvement in the state? Does the child have a frequent cough and other symptoms? In this case, the problem of well-being needs to be approached very responsibly. Turning to a pediatrician you can get good advice. But, even with prescribed medication and physiotherapy treatment, improvements may not occur. In this case, it is necessary to identify the root causes of this condition and try to do everything possible to restore the health of the baby in noma.
Frequent coughing in the child: causes
Cough can not appear from scratch. And this means that for its appearance there are good reasons. A frequent cough for the child causes is very diverse. Therefore, in order to understand the methods and correct approaches to its treatment, it is worthwhile to consider all the prerequisites and conditions preceding such behavior of the child's organism.
Often a frequent cough for a child causes the following:
Viruses that actively multiply in the body and depress the immunity of the baby. Moreover, along with the improvement in the condition and the decrease in cough reflexes, there can be an aggravation of the situation. The child exhibits frequent and active seizures, which are almost impossible to stop. In addition to the usual catarrhal and viral diseases, the root cause of this condition can be measles, sore throat, or even whooping cough. In this case, a frequent cough in the child's cause is very significant and to get rid of them you need to come up with a special responsibility.
Bacterial infections affecting the respiratory tract. Along with a frequent cough there is a copious rhinitis.
Allergic reactions to various irritants. In this case, the reason is very trivial and if you exclude allergens from the child's habitat, the frequent coughing stops quite quickly.
Foreign objects. The curiosity of children is boundless and sometimes without noticing that the baby has put a ball, nut, beans, toys and many other things into the throat, we can observe a frequent cough. In this case: until you remove a foreign object from the larynx, the attacks will not stop. If you consider that this kind of pampering can lead to more serious consequences, then it is necessary to relieve the baby's condition as soon as possible.
A frequent cough in the child's cause is rather trivial. But, if it does not stop for two weeks, then most likely it has already acquired a chronic character.
Frequent dry cough in the baby
Ignoring the frequent dry cough in the child, you can skip the beginning allergies, whooping cough, laryngitis, pharyngitis, fibrosis, false cereal, pneumonia and many other diseases. At first glance, it seems that these coughs do not have anything bad under them, the child just choked with air, or he has a slight malaise. With special care must be taken to the health of the baby, if against a background of frequent dry cough is observed:
- increase in temperature, even up to 37 degrees;
- headaches, trouble breathing;
- changes in color of the dermis.
The insidiousness of this state of the body is that the bacterial and viral infections are in an inactive state. This leads to an implicit symptom of the disease. In this case, an active inflammation of the upper respiratory tract occurs. He is prone to both nose, pharynx, and oral cavity. Without visiting a pediatrician, you can not do.
Another important point in the diagnosis is the time stretches, in which there is a frequent dry cough in the child. Night attacks of cough can testify to whooping cough, actively progressing sinusitis, the initial stage of bronchial asthma or heart failure. With day coughing attacks, it is possible to suggest the development of a baby: pathological changes in the bronchi, chronic bronchitis, whooping cough and gastro-food reflux, influenza and SARS.
What kind of disease the child is not exposed to, it should be treated with utmost care. Proper and competent treatment at the beginning of the disease will protect the baby from aggravation of the condition and its degeneration into a chronic form.
Frequent dry cough in a child, than to treat?
If today it is not possible to consult a pediatrician or call an ambulance at home, you need to know: "A frequent dry cough in a child, than treated?". First of all, it is worth making it productive. The ideal option and almost completely safe, is the strengthening of the drinking regime. Warm herbal tea with the addition of honey and raspberry jam, naturally a classic. Nevertheless, it is this that can make the cough productive and facilitate the excretion of phlegm. In this case, the pain that occurs with prolonged attacks, the baby will retreat. In order not to harm, you need to start with this. Concerning drug treatment it is necessary to consult a pediatrician. Perhaps, due to the attendant symptoms, some medications will not only not work, but will have the opposite effect.
Depending on the condition of the child, the doctor can prescribe drugs of three groups:
antitussive drugs, reducing the activity of cough cents and reducing the number of coughing attacks;
mucolytics, due to the enzymes contained in them contribute to the dilution of sputum and facilitate its removal from the nasopharynx;
expectorant drugs, make sputum less viscous and contribute to its rapid separation from the mucous membrane of the bronchial tree.
Frequent dry cough, rather than treat should appoint a specialist. Self-administration of drugs does not always lead to positive consequences.
Frequent cough in a child without fever
Extreme care should be taken if a frequent cough in a child without fever is observed for several days. This is a clear sign of a progressive disease. It is likely that the prerequisites for the development of this state were:
- allergic reactions to dust, tobacco, pet hair, chemical preparations;
- whooping cough;
- helminthic invasion;
- bronchial asthma;
A frequent cough in a child without fever can indicate many exacerbating diseases. A complete examination of the baby's condition is necessary. Disease in its infancy is much easier to cure than to deal with further complications.
Frequent wet cough in a child
With a certain relief, you can breathe out when a frequent wet cough in a child becomes less strong. In this case, the body has already begun to clear the bronchial tree of mucus and to alleviate the condition of the baby. But, it's not worth to relax at this stage. The disease is not yet defeated. The essence of proper treatment lies in its complete completion. And the mistake of most parents is to reduce the course of treatment to a minimum. As soon as the baby becomes lighter, they immediately stop taking medication and the only thing that helps the weakened body of the child: physiotherapy procedures. As a result of such negligence, the disease is not treated and returns very quickly. Frequent wet coughing in a child is not bad, but it is necessary to make sure that all the products of the disintegration of microbes and viruses are fully eliminated from the body. And this process takes 1-2 weeks and needs to be completed.
Frequent barking cough in a child
Very serious fear can cause a frequent barking cough in the child. He not only exhausts the baby, but also causes a lot of suffering. In most cases, its primary cause is laryngitis. Inflammation of the larynx should be treated under the supervision of a specialist and procedures should be carried out as quickly as possible so that the baby's condition does not worsen. Additional symptoms that accompany laryngitis can be called:
- severe hoarseness;
- loss of voice;
- constant sensation of throat overdrying;
- sore throat.
Frequent barking cough in a child should be properly treated and then he will not leave behind any unfavorable consequences.
Very frequent coughing in a child
If there is a very frequent coughing in the child, then the person may have other symptoms of whooping cough. In this case, it has a paroxysmal character. A characteristic feature of this disease is that it can torment the baby for almost half a year. As soon as the first bouts of coughing are present, it is worth immediately contacting the pediatrician. With a comprehensive approach, the disease is cured in 2-3 weeks.
Severe frequent coughing in the baby
With special care should be taken to situations where there is a strong frequent coughing in the child. Prolonged seizures can become prerequisites for tuberculosis. Atrophic inflammatory process, taking place directly in the bronchi leads to very negative consequences. Sputum is accompanied by small clots of blood.
If a strong cough is only a consequence of ARVI, then additional symptoms will be a sore throat. For developing pneumonia, chest pain is common.
The child often coughs do not appear unreasonably. To eliminate it you need to do everything possible. Without the help of a qualified doctor who is able to deliver the correct diagnosis in a timely manner, this can not be avoided.
Dry cough in the baby
The child coughs when the surface of the throat is irritated. This happens during illness or when the body fights the infection, secreting a lot of phlegm. What if I have a dry cough in my baby? Young mothers often become confused and begin to panic, especially if there is no coughing up. How to help the baby calm down, get rid of this ailment, find out the causes and ways of treating the disease? Treat or rely on folk remedies?
What is dry cough?
Coughing in an adult and a child is one of the reflexes that helps to rid the body of excess mucus, germs and foreign bodies. When it becomes suffocating, the liquid does not clear up in the form of phlegm, then this process is called dry cough. Especially dangerous if it appears in the baby. This is a symptom of a viral infection, which can be of a long character, and can go away in a few days, with proper diet and adequate treatment.
When a dry cough in a baby or older child acquires a permanent character, this is a consequence of a serious illness. An inflamed larynx, trachea or tonsils lead to a severe attack, which becomes suffocating and brings the baby to vomiting. In such cases, you should not torture a child, you need to immediately contact the pediatrician, who will tell you what to take and how to soothe the baby.
To stop the incessant dry cough in a child and to alleviate his condition, it is necessary to determine what triggered this process. Modern medicine has several dozen reasons, the occurrence of seizures in children, we list the most frequent of them:
- Acute bronchitis is a consequence of the inflammatory process in the bronchi, which is accompanied by an increase in body temperature to 38 ° C, dry barking cough, and general weakness. Diagnosis is performed by listening to the bronchi with a stethoscope. Treatment of this disease is aimed at diluting the dried mucus in the bronchi. Dry cough caused by acute bronchitis, successfully treated with drugs and folk remedies for 5-7 days.
- Laryngitis and pharyngitis are diseases in which severe laryngeal edema occurs. Accompanied by a continuous swelling in the throat, a sonorous voice becomes hoarse. At the slightest exertion, dyspnea appears. Dry throat does not give the child peace.
- Whooping cough is an ailment that begins with a dry cough, at first it does not bother the child much. After a week, seizures become more intrusive. It is not possible to diagnose pertussis immediately. there is a similarity with the common cold. Often it is confused with an allergic cough. The disease is long, weakly treatable. Pertussis is ill once in a lifetime, then persistent immunity is produced.
- Diphtheria of the oropharynx (croup) is a deadly disease. It is accompanied by an elevated temperature up to 38 ° C, dry barking cough. Over time, it becomes paroxysmal. If you do not call the doctor in time, diphtheria becomes chronic. Often this ailment is complicated by pneumonia.
- Tuberculosis provokes a dry cough in the child. This disease is determined only by clinical analyzes.
- Allergic and cold cough. These two ailments are often similar in their symptoms. Many parents ask themselves: how to distinguish between an allergic cough and a cold? Do it not just without putting the relevant tests. Allergic cough occurs unexpectedly, has a paroxysmal character, colds, on the contrary, increase gradually, moving from a slight cough to deep spasms for a day or more.
- Bronchial asthma is a combination of three components: allergies, low immunity, disruption of the nervous system. During an asthmatic attack, the child, when inhaled and exhaled, hears whistling sounds in the bronchi, there comes a prolonged, dry cough.
- The presence of some species of living organisms (helminths) in the human body contributes to dry cough in the child. Ascarids live not only in the intestines, like the bulk of worms, but move through all the internal organs: getting into the lungs, they cause a dry cough.
Treatment of cough with folk remedies in children
Many parents during the illness of the child do not want to resort to the help of modern medicine. If you do not want to stuff your child with harmful syrups and tablets, load a small organism with a chemically advertised products, then you can take advantage of the experience of our grandmothers who knew how to treat and how to alleviate the difficult condition patient. Most types of cough in a child can be cured at home, using folk recipes.
Herbal treatment for many centuries has accumulated a lot of experience and does not cease to show a positive result in the fight against a dry cough in a child. Thanks to the healing properties of plants, many diseases are cured, and the preventive use of natural elements secures the result. Here are a few options for useful herbs:
- Mother-and-stepmother takes the first place in the treatment of all kinds of dry cough. Tannins contained in the leaves of this plant have a diluting effect for thick, viscous sputum, helping it to quickly expectorate. Tea from mother-and-stepmother is drunk warm in the morning, and in combination with natural honey will taste even the most fastidious child. It is advisable to drink it in the evening, before going to bed. Providing anti-inflammatory effect, this plant quickly put on the feet of your baby.
- Licorice root like the previous grass has an expectorant effect on sputum. With proper use, it will quickly cure of bronchitis, laryngitis. Will ease the condition with a debilitating dry cough during an asthmatic attack. Licorice has an anti-inflammatory effect, beneficently influencing the general well-being of the child. Grass is used to improve immunity and restore strength after ailments.
- The root of the althea will help get rid of dry cough due to the large content of essential oils, mucus and ascorbic acid. This herb dilutes the withered phlegm, thanks to the enveloping property, contributing to its rapid excretion from the lungs and bronchi.
- Collection of oregano, calendula, mint, licorice root and violet grass has an effective expectorant effect during a dry cough in a child.
In medicine, mustard greens are used as a warming agent due to the content of essential oil, which causes a rush of blood and leads to a deepening of breathing. Use them with caution. mustard causes increased production of sputum, which can cause spasm in the bronchi and the larynx, hence the complication - obstructive bronchitis. The vapor from the mustard plasters is caustic, and if inhaled, they can cause a mucous burn. The mustard is a distraction, the benefits of this drug have not been proven. Contraindications to use:
- Allergy to mustard. If red spots appear on the back during the application of hot packets, then it is necessary to immediately abandon this procedure.
- Skin diseases.
- Increased body temperature.
- Diseases of the heart and pressure problems.
Children rarely like inhalation, if you manage to persuade your child to breathe over a warm steam, then a dry, prolonged dry cough can be cured quickly without harming your health. Applying this folk way, you will replace them with chemical preparations, syrups and tablets. Advantages of using inhalation for dry cough:
- active moisturizing of the nasopharyngeal mucosa, promotes liquefaction of sputum;
- has an anti-inflammatory effect;
- safety, provided that natural ingredients are used for inhalation;
- adding one or two drops (not more) of lavender essential oil, rosemary or tea tree, you will get a double effect: relieve dry cough and relieve the child of a headache.
But with all the positive qualities that inhalation has, do not forget about contraindications:
- body temperature above normal;
- emphysema (lung disease);
- heart problems;
- presence of purulent sputum.
Do not underestimate the benefits of a simple, at first glance, popular way of cough treatment. During the application of compress on the chest area, deep warming of the tissues takes place. This action has an anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect. Compresses are of several types:
Applying a compress, you need to make sure that the baby's temperature is normal, otherwise it will provoke an even greater increase. Carry out this procedure in the evening, so that after taking off the child immediately went to bed. With care, you need to use a honey compress. Often the child is allergic to this product. Doctors warn parents of alcohol bandages, because, absorbed through the skin, alcohol harms the small body.
Sometimes folk remedies, with all their advantages, do not cope with a neglected disease. Then, to help parents come medication from a night dry cough. To quickly get rid of the disease, you need to seek help from a pediatrician who will tell you how to relieve a fit of cough and prescribe the appropriate treatment. Antitussive medications are taken at night, just before bedtime, and expectorants during the day.
Modern pharmaceuticals consist of several hundred different syrups from cough, expensive and cheap. Made for the child, they have a pleasant sweet taste, the smell, thanks to the fruity additives and natural dyes. This medication is prescribed for children under three years of age. a child of this age is difficult to swallow a pill. Syrups from a dry cough in a child, depending on the cause of its occurrence, have a soft, enveloping effect. Before use, read the instructions carefully, exclude contraindications. There are several types:
- syrup with antitussive effect, for example, "Sinekod". It is prescribed for an unproductive, painful, not ceasing cough. He treats such diseases as pertussis, croup;
- syrup with mucolytic effect, such as "Ambrobe" is prescribed in order to soften the cough and dissolve thick sputum;
- syrup with spasmolytic action, for example, "Pectolvan Ivy is taken to relieve a painful, barking dry cough.
Preparations for allergic cough
The most effective way to cure this kind of cough is to eliminate the source of allergy. This can be animal hair, dust, chemicals (washing powder, aerosols). In case this did not solve the problem, you need to use the drugstore drugs that suppress the allergic reaction. Only a doctor is entitled to prescribe a treatment. It is necessary to know that such medicines have an effect if you cleaned your house of the cause that caused the allergy. Otherwise, the action will be weak.
To ease the obsessive cough in a child, the doctor often prescribes a dry potion. This drug before consumption is diluted with boiled water and taken internally. Advantages of dry medicine:
- has a natural composition, which includes the root of licorice;
- has a wide range of actions, it is used as an expectorant, relieves spasm, painkiller;
- convenient dosage in the form of bags, used immediately after manufacture;
- large expiration date.
With pneumonia, inflammation of the bronchi, trachea and laryngitis, the doctor, in addition to folk methods, prescribes soluble powders from a cough, such as "ATSTS". This medicine is taken for 7 days. Relief comes on the second day of treatment. Well dissolves the dried sputum and allows it to easily release bronchi and lungs. Due to the irritating and antioxidant effect it fights bacteria and infection, which is caused by ARVI.
What to do if a dry cough does not go away
The longer the child coughs, the faster the coughing habits in the brain are formed. The reason is gone, and the seizures remain for months. In most cases this is due to dehydration of the body, low level of humidity in the house. These reasons are easily eliminated by copious drinking (not carbonated, not sweet drinks), daily wet cleaning, or by the inclusion of an air humidifier (preferably).
Video: Komarovsky on a dry cough
All respected doctor Komarovsky as no one else will be able to talk about the causes of prolonged dry cough, how to help alleviate the condition of a sick kid and his parents, if the child he coughed all night. Available and with the humor inherent in this pediatrician, he will disclose information about the methods of treatment, about contraindications to these or other methods. Answer the most exciting questions of parents.
Feedback on treatment
Irina, 27 years old: "My son is 3 years old. A month ago I started to go to the kindergarten, less than a week passed and fell ill next morning. I returned home with fever. Dry cough only began at night. I did not know what helped in such cases and began to treat it with folk remedies: I made chamomile, mother-and-stepmother and rose hips. After applying herbs, a few days later the cough became wet, the runny nose disappeared. "
Olga, 25 years old: "After discharge from the hospital, my baby has a dry cough. I did not know how to properly treat in children up to a year this disease. The child was without temperature and there were no other signs of a cold. Accidentally I saw the transfer of Dr. Komarovsky, who talked about coughing in children. The reason was found in the soft toys and carpet that were in our room. "
Natalia, 32 years old: "When my child has an unproductive cough, I think it's from the dry air in the house and I know how to stop the illness: I conduct a wet cleaning in the room, I enter the drinking regime, in the form of clean water and warm tea with honey, I turn on the humidifier for a night from dry air, aired house. I do not close the window for sleep, even in winter. And that's all! I do not welcome any chemistry, and we do not go to the doctors, we do not drip anything into our nose. "
Dry cough in a child - treatment
Child cough is one of the most common causes of parental anxiety. In this article, we'll talk about how to relieve the child a dry cough, what kind of help a child should have with a dry cough, and consider the most effective medications for a child from a dry cough.
How to cure a dry cough for a child and should it be treated?
Dry cough in children is not always a sign of illness. A healthy baby coughs on the average 15-20 times a day. Cough is, in fact, a protective reaction of the body, a method of releasing the respiratory tract from foreign particles and bodies that prevent breathing normally. And hyper-caring mothers (and especially grandmothers) at the slightest manifestation of a cough in a baby are treated with his medicinal medicines and syrups, without digging up the reasons for the appearance of a cough. And since the most frequent guests in home medicine kits are expectorating syrups, then coughing is not disappears, and intensifies (since the main function of such aids is to help in the excretion of mucus, cough stimulation).
So, the first thing to remember yourself and explain to all relatives: not every cough is a sign of illness. Do not immediately rush to treat, first of all, you should establish the cause of the cough and only then determine the scheme and procedure for its elimination.
Cough is not necessary if:
- In addition to coughing, there are no other symptoms.
- The behavior and mood of the child is normal.
- The child has a normal sleep and appetite.
- Coughing does not prevent the baby from leading a normal lifestyle.
Treatment is required if:
- Cough paroxysmal, bothersome, very strong.
- The child can not sleep normally, wakes up at night from a cough.
- There are signs of an allergy.
- Coughing attacks provoke vomiting.
- Cough becomes stronger, seizures become more frequent.
- The baby is listless, complains of fatigue, feels bad.
- The child has a fever.
And the very first thing that parents should do is not look for a cough remedy for children themselves, but go to the pediatrician.
What is the cure for dry cough?
Treatment for a cough will depend on the cause that caused it. If this mechanical blockage (for example, something is stuck in the nasopharynx), then the treatment will reduce to the release of the respiratory tract from the foreign body. If the cause of the cough is an allergy, then first of all it will be treated (prescription of antihistamines and restriction of contact with the allergen are the most frequent measures). It is not excluded the development of cough as a symptom of infectious diseases (pertussis, false croup, parainfluenza, etc.)
Tablets, injections or cough syrups (dry or wet) should not be given to children without consulting a doctor. Similarly, it is impossible at your discretion to change the dosage, the regimen of admission or the duration of the course of treatment - this can not only reduce the effectiveness of therapy, but also harm the baby.
Non-medicamentous ways to relieve a child of a dry cough
To make it easier for a child to ease a fit of dry cough, you can give him:
- some buckwheat honey (natural). Of course, this method is contraindicated for those who have intolerance to honey;
- a glass of warm milk with soda (for 200 ml of milk about a fourth of a teaspoon of soda);
- a cup of warm tea with raspberry jam.
Inhalations with dry cough can help a child well and greatly alleviate his condition. For inhalation use alkaline mineral water or a weak aqueous solution of baking soda. Remember that you can not use boiling water for inhalation of children.
A good effect is the massage of the chest and feet.
If the dry cough in the child has changed to wet, the sputum began to expectorate, which means that the healing process has begun.
Wet cough in a child: causes and ways of treatmentWith such a symptom as cough is encountered by every person. This is especially true in the autumn-winter period of time, because cough most often indicates an infection of the respiratory tract in ARI and ARVI. It is a protective function of the respiratory system, which helps to cleanse the respiratory tract from foreign bodies, mucus, phlegm, microbes. Depending on the productivity of cough, they distinguish:
- dry cough (without sputum);
- wet cough (with phlegm).
The treatment of these two types of cough should be approached seriously, taking into account individual characteristics, since it can be symptoms of different diseases, SARS, allergies, tuberculosis, oncology neoplasms. Successful and rapid recovery directly depends on a thorough diagnosis and timely appropriate treatment. We will stop our attention on the methods of diagnosis and treatment of such a disease as a wet cough in a child.
Causes of wet cough
The most common cause of a wet cough in a child can be:
- acute respiratory-viral infections of the respiratory system (laryngitis, tracheitis, obstructive bronchitis);
- an allergic reaction that is characterized by a lack of temperature (bronchial asthma);
- inflammatory diseases of the nasal passages, accompanied by abundant release of mucus;
- as a complication of gastro-esophageal reflux;
- congenital pathology (cystic fibrosis, Kartagener's syndrome).
In infants, a wet cough is often caused by an inadequate musculature development
In infants and children of the first year of life, a wet cough may be associated with insufficient development of the muscles of the esophagus and stomach, and also with the eruption of the first teeth. In these cases, do not panic and go to extremes, all these problems will disappear with the child's growing up. By itself, a wet cough in a child does not carry danger, but the parents should be alert to the symptoms of coughing:
- long and sudden;
- high temperature, which lasts longer than 3 days;
- the presence of wheezing;
- pain in the chest;
- lack of appetite in the baby;
- an admixture of pus and blood in the sputum.
Mechanism of wet cough
The mucous membrane of the respiratory tract is lined with glandular cells that are capable of producing mucus. By its structure, mucus can be serous, purulent, bloody. In inflammatory processes in the respiratory system, the amount of mucus released increases many times, it acts as an irritant, triggering a response from the body in the form of a cough.
Treatment of cough with phlegm
Drug treatment is the use of pharmaceuticals
- Promoting the withdrawal and excretion of sputum in a child (mucolytics and expectorants) of synthetic and plant origin:
- syrups "Doctor Mom "Alteika "Prospan "Pectusin "Bronchicum" - herbal preparations
- Mukaltin, "Ambroxol "Lazolvan" - synthetic preparations
- Thinning phlegm:
- preparations containing soda, dry cough syrup
- Relieving spasm, enlarging the lumen of the bronchi:
- Inhalations. To alleviate the condition of a sick child, it is very useful to make steam inhalations with essential oil of eucalyptus or pine. A good remedy for cough control are finely dispersed inhalations that can be taken at home with an inhaler, such as a nebulizer. As a medicine for inhalation, you can use alkaline mineral water such as "Borjomi herbal decoctions, ATSTS solution;
- Paraffin or ozocerite applications on the chest area, improve blood circulation in this area, relieve inflammation. If the child's body temperature does not exceed 370, then it is appropriate to do homemade applications with a mustard plaster or potato cake, which have the same effect as paraffin and help to cure cough with sputum faster;
- Ultrasound and UHF act on the deep parts of the respiratory system;
- Massage vibration and respiratory gymnastics. If there is no possibility to go to a massage session to a professional or a child negatively transfers them, then the mother will be able to cope with this task at home. As breathing exercises you can offer the child a fun game, who more than air balloons will cheat or how to make a storm in a glass of water using a cocktail tube. To make a vibrating massage for a child, it is enough to play with him in the well-known game "Rails-rails, sleepers-sleepers in addition to having fun, you will make a number of useful procedures for the child.
- A plentiful warm drink in the form of compotes, teas, wild rose hips, fruit drinks;
- Warm alkaline drink (mineral water such as "Borjomi" or "Polyana Kvasova");
- The use of warm milk diluted with alkaline mineral water in the ratio
- Drink instead of tea broths of medicinal herbs (mother-and-stepmother, elderberry and linden, sage, chamomile);
- Home cough syrup: 1 white onion cut finely, mix with 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tsp. lemon juice, let it brew overnight and drink the juice formed over the next day;
- No less effective means, curing cough, will be a syrup, prepared from berries of viburnum with sugar. Such a tasty and varied treatment will satisfy any child.
It is forbidden to give children antitussive drugs, in the presence of bronchial and light wet rales with phlegm. Because instead of good, you can cause irreparable harm to the health of the baby. The fact is that with prolonged exposure to mucus in the respiratory tract, it becomes a nutrient medium for many bacteria and can have complications in the form of pneumonia, lung abscess, respiratory insufficiency.
To cough with phlegm did not annoy you and your child, you need to follow certain preventive measures:
- Correctly organized mode of the day;
- Walking in the fresh air in any weather;
- Personal hygiene of the child;
- In the season of colds, enhanced personal hygiene, washing of the nasal passages with water and sea salt;
- Use of vitamin therapy and antiviral drugs as needed;
- Organize in the room daily wet cleaning with ventilation.
If the child has a cough, dry or with phlegm, it is necessary to see the doctor, take blood and urine tests, need to make a sputum culture with bacteria and sensitivity to antibiotics in order to obtain adequate treatment.
Remember! Rapid recovery depends on proper diagnosis and on time of treatment.
Than to treat a dry cough in a child?Dry, debilitating and paroxysmal cough, strongly exhausts babies. It can appear suddenly, as a consequence to some irritant, or it may be a symptom of ARVI or a more serious illness, for example, bronchitis or whooping cough. What a child has to cure a dry cough is a question that parents often ask at a pediatrician. Of course, any doctor will answer that medications, especially for children, can only be prescribed by a doctor, however if there is no possibility to visit the hospital, the treatment should be carried out in two stages: dilution of sputum and its Departure. Drugs for the treatment of dry cough
Medicines with mucolytic action- these are the drugs that it is worth starting to treat a dry cough in a child of any age. The most common are the following:
- Lazolvan, syrup (15 mg / 5 ml).The treatment regimen for this medicine is applied as follows: children under 2 years of age are offered syrup, ml twice a day; from 2 to 6 years - on, ml three times a day; from 6 to 12 to 5 ml three times a day. Lazolvan Syrup - this is what is recommended to treat a frequent dry cough in both a newborn baby and an older child.
- Ambrobe, syrup (15 mg / 5 ml).This drug contains an active substance as well as Lazolvan, but costs an order of magnitude less. This is one of the most frequently prescribed medications for coughing in pediatrics, which has proven itself well. The scheme of treatment of cabbages and dosage is applied the same, as well as at treatment Lazolvanom.
- Bromhexine, syrup.He is assigned to children from birth. Karapuzam up to 2 years, 2 mg of syrup is offered three times a day; from 2 to 6 years - 4 mg three times a day; children from 6 to 14 years - 8 mg three times per knock. Than to cure a dry cough in a child, if he is tormented at night and in the afternoon, - the problem with which Bromgexin will perfectly cope.
It is recommended to use mucolytics for two to three days after the onset of coughing. If, three days after the beginning of treatment, the child has a dry, intrusive, painful cough that does not begin to become wet, then the pediatrician should prescribe what to treat the baby.
After using mucolytic agents, care must be taken tomedicines that help your child get rid of phlegm.The following can be distinguished from them:
- Alteika, syrup.This is a plant-based product that is made on the basis of the dry root extract of Althea. This means, than it is possible to treat not only a dry, but also a protracted, debilitating cough in a child of any age. The scheme of application of this medication is as follows: to babies up to a year - twice per day, per ml; carapaces from year to year two ml four times a day; from 2 to 6 years - 5 ml of syrup 5 times throughout the day; from 6 to 14 years in 10 ml 5 times during days.
- Mucaltin, tablets.On the question of how to treat a one-year-old child and older dry cough, pediatricians may advise taking this drug. However, I immediately want to note that for the youngest patients its use is not very convenient, because the tablet will first need to be ground and then dissolved in water or juice. Mukaltin is prescribed for children from a year and is applied according to the following scheme: from 1 to 3 years - 1 tablet throughout the day; from 3 to 12 years - 2 tablets during the day.
In addition to the above drugs do not forget about inhalations and various warming compresses. An excellent cough remedy for children over the age of two is the ointment Doctor MOM, which is made from eucalyptus and nutmeg oils. It has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and warming action.
Than to treat a dry allergic cough in a child?
Recently, allergy in children is a common disease in modern pediatrics. In some babies, it manifests a rash on the skin, while others suffer from coughing and shortness of breath.
To cope with these symptoms will help antihistamines, for example, Zodak or Fenistil.The latter perfectly fights the manifestation of allergies and it can be given to babies from monthly age in strictly indicated dosages 3 times during the day:
- from a month to a year from 3 to 10 drops at a time;
- from one to three years, 10-15 drops;
- from three to twelve years, 15-20 drops.
So, a dry cough is not always a harmless symptom of a common cold. It is worth remembering that for any medication prescribed for a child without a doctor, adults are responsible. It is very important not only to apply the right treatment in time, but also not to harm your baby.