A minor injury or splinter can develop into an abscess that penetrates to the bone. Such an inflammatory process is called a panaritic finger on the arm - the photo will help to better understand the symptoms. Why does the inflammatory process develop? How quickly and safely can you get rid of the panic?
- Causes of the disease
- Main symptoms and photos
- Panaritium in children
- Methods of conservative treatment
- How to treat panaritium at home
Simple recommendations for the treatment of panaritium at the foot of the house We treat the panaritium on the arm in the home Symptoms and treatment of lamblia in the liver Human Ascarids: the life cycle of development We fight with the fungus between the toes with the help of home treatment
Causes of the disease
Provoke the development of a panic can any abrasions, scratches, burrs and splinters. Through the damaged skin, pathogenic microorganisms penetrate the body - staphylococci, streptococci, various sticks and fungi.
Purulent inflammation develops in the absence of normal disinfection of the injured finger. There are certain categories of individuals who have a high probability of developing panaritium.
The provoking factors:
- diseases that are accompanied by primary or secondary immunodeficiency;
- the presence of pathological changes in the blood supply of the limbs;
- fungal diseases of the nails;
- ingrown nail.
Purulent processes in the fatty tissues of the finger develop rapidly, spreading to nearby tissues. The special structure of the cellulose allows the inflammation to penetrate deep into the interior.
Panaritium in the classification of ICD-10 - L00-L08 (infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue), L03.0 (phlegmon fingers and feet).
Main symptoms and photos
Panaritium has various forms, which depend on the degree of penetration of the purulent process in the tissue, the location of the site of inflammation. What do the varieties look like?
Common signs of panarity:
- pain in the injured finger of a bursting and shooting character;
- severe swelling at the site of injury;
- inflammatory process is characterized by a strong reddening of the skin;
- the finger loses mobility.
Important!To treat purulent inflammation it is necessary as soon as possible - at the initial stage it can be cured by conservative methods. But with neglected forms without surgical intervention is indispensable.
With cutaneous panic, swelling and redness are accompanied by 1-3 bubbles, in which the contents of white-yellow color accumulate. In this place, the most severe pain is felt.
The subcutaneous panic ulcer looks like a small bright spot, redness and swelling have a blurred shape, affecting a large area of the finger. With paronychia signs of the inflammatory process are formed below or from either side of the nail.
When pus penetrates into the lower layers of the nail bed, subungual panaritium develops. The upper phalanx loses mobility due to a strong puffiness, when it touches the nail, there is severe pain, under the nail plate, one can consider the accumulation of pus.
Bony panaritium at the initial stage has signs of a subcutaneous form. But gradually the puffiness becomes more and more, the finger considerably increases in sizes, completely loses mobility. This form is accompanied by an increase in temperature, there are signs of severe intoxication. Bone abscess can open itself - a person's condition will improve for a while, but soon the symptoms return. Similar signs are typical for the tendonous panaricium.
With articular form, the focus of inflammation is localized around the joint. The disease is characterized by a strong permanent pain, which is intensified with each finger movement. The abscess can also open itself, but this does not indicate a recovery.
Pandactylitis is the most severe form of panaritium, the inflammation spreads to all the tissues of the finger, it acquires a cyanotic-purple color, becomes shiny, greatly increases in volume. The pus comes out through the fistulas, which occur in large numbers on the surface of the injured organ. When palpation, a characteristic crunch of subcutaneous tissue is heard.
Panaritium can be accompanied by various complications - sepsis, osteomyelitis. With the accumulation of a large amount of pus, it begins to melt the skin and subcutaneous tissue, most often around the first phalanx of the finger - developing phlegmon, which is difficult to cure.
Panaritium in children
Purulent inflammation on the fingers often occurs in children - they often gnaw their nails, injure their fingers during games, contact with domestic or street animals. Weakened or not fully formed immunity in the child promotes the rapid proliferation of pathogenic microorganisms that penetrated the wound.
In a child, panaritium is rarely diagnosed, since the risk of finger injuries is minimal.
Causes of development of panaritium in infants:
- birth trauma;
- wrong nails cutting;
- ingrown nail;
- pinched fingers;
- scratches of pets.
Important!In infants most often develop skin or okolonogtevoj of panaritium. To prevent the penetration of infection into the deeper layers, the inflamed area needs to be treated with an antiseptic, call a doctor.
In addition to signs of inflammation on the injured finger, in infants, panaritium can cause a decrease in appetite, frequent regurgitation, deterioration in the quality of sleep. Children often fever, there is a general deterioration in well-being.
- If there is no purulent inflammation, then the treatment of children can be carried out at home. Cold compresses and saline baths are good.
- Additionally, the inflamed areas should be treated with antibacterial and antiseptic ointments - Ichthyol ointment, Levomikol.
It is better not to delay home treatment, see a doctor. In most cases, you need to take antibiotics for a speedy recovery. If panaritium is caused by fungal diseases - treatment with antifungal agents is required. Correctly to select strong medicines the doctor can only.
Methods of conservative treatment
At the initial stage for treatment, panarits use baths with a solution of potassium permanganate, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial ointments.
- Dimexide - diluted in a ratio of 1: 4 with water, make compresses;
- Furatsilin - used for hot baths, soar inflamed finger should be at least half an hour;
- Lincomycin is the best antibacterial agent for the treatment of panaria in the form of an ointment, solution for injections or capsules for oral administration;
- Levomikol - applied to the steamed skin, the agent destroys the bacteria, speeds up the process of tightening the wound;
- Ointment Vishnevsky - proven for years drug with a specific odor, a good antiseptic;
- Tetracycline ointment - effectively helps only in the initial stages of panation, can be mixed in equal proportions with zinc paste.
If such therapy does not work, the patient's fever rises, an abscess appears - an operation is necessary. It is carried out under local anesthesia, the doctor makes a small incision, removes dead tissue, sometimes completely nail. With subcutaneous and deeper localization, drainage is inserted into the incision, antibiotic treatment is mandatory - Ceftriaxone, Ceftazidime, Augementhin.
The total duration of treatment is no more than 7 days.
How to treat panaritium at home
If a panic occurs, you need to see a doctor, but if this is not possible, the disease is at an early stage - you can carry out preliminary treatment at home.
First aid with panaritium:
- Prepare a salt solution of 15 g of salt and 220 ml of warm water - three times a day, immerse the finger in it for a quarter of an hour.
- Make a solution from Dimexide - dissolve in 40 ml of boiled water 10 g of the drug.
- Soak a small piece of gauze in the solution, wrap the inflamed finger.
- Top with gauze sprinkled with crushed penicillin.
- Secure the compress with polyethylene and a bandage, do not remove until the next salt bath.
Important!Folk remedies can be used only at the initial stages of the disease, while the process of purulent tissue melting has not begun.
As a compress, you can use a mixture of 7 ml of fir essential oil and 3 g of Vishnevsky ointment. Mass it on the bandage, fix it on the affected finger, after 6-8 hours, change the bandage.
Aloe - an effective remedy for the treatment of various inflammatory processes. It is necessary to cut the lower fleshy leaf of the plant, remove the sharp end and one side. Carefully cut the leaf into 2 pieces not completely, put a finger in the incision. Change the compress every 4 hours.
Panaritium is an inflammatory, purulent process in the tissues of the fingers or hands. If you do not start treatment on time, severe limb pathologies can develop, and several phalanges may need to be amputated. To prevent the development of the disease, all wounds and scratches must be immediately treated with greenery, alcohol, peroxide, and fix the bactericidal plaster.