1Noise in the ear: causes and treatment, why noises in one ear
- 1.1Causes of ear noise on one side
- 1.2What kind of noise?
- 1.3When should I see a doctor?
2Noise in the ears: causes, treatment
- 2.1The mechanism of development of noise in the ears
- 2.2Causes of development of noise in the ears
- 2.3How can there be noise in the ears?
- 2.4Variants of development of noise in the ears
- 2.5Diagnosis with tinnitus
- 2.6Treatment of tinnitus
3Noise in the ear: causes, treatment
- 3.1What is the noise
- 3.2The causes of noise in the ear
- 3.5Treatment: electrophoresis, ear blowing, acoustic massage
4The buzz in the ear: the causes and methods of treatment. Treatment of noise in the ears folk remedies
- 4.1How is this manifested
- 4.2Classification of noise
- 4.3Hearing in the ears: causes
- 4.4Ménière's disease
- 4.5Neurinoma of the auditory nerve
- 4.6Why is tinnitus a symptom of kidney disease or diabetes?
- 4.7Why the noise at night is louder
- 4.8What kind of doctor should I contact?
- 4.11Folk remedies
5Noise in the ears - causes, treatment with drugs and folk remedies
- 5.1The causes of noise in the right and left ear
- 5.2Noise in the ears with headache
- 5.3With dizziness
- 5.4Idiopathic Noise
- 5.6Folk remedies
- 5.7How to treat tinnitus with colds and SARS?
- 5.8After otitis
- 5.9Which doctor should I consult for diagnosis?
Noise in the ear: causes and treatment, why noises in one ear
To date, noise in the ears is experienced by more than 30% of the population. Sounds of the first degree do not cause serious inconveniences and quickly pass. That's why many people do not attach any importance to this phenomenon, but as a rule, noise is the first alarm signal that the body gives.
If a person constantly subconsciously senses a sound that interferes with concentrating, does not allow to fall asleep, the help of a specialist is necessary.
The doctor will determine the cause of the problem and make an accurate diagnosis, because sounds are just one of the symptoms of a particular disease.
From this article you can learn everything about noise in the ear, the causes of the onset and treatment of this symptom.
Causes of ear noise on one side
In medicine, tinnitus is tinnitus, which is subjective in nature, i.e. can not be evaluated by outsiders.
Very often the sound is similar to a hollow ringing, but sometimes patients describe it as a buzzing, whistling and clicking.
Everything depends on the perception of the eardrums, and it is individual for each person.
The appearance of noise in one ear and in both can result in a number of reasons:
- diseases of the external, middle and inner ear;
- sulfur plugs in the ears, for which a slight rustling is characteristic, since sulfur is an active substance, and its energy has a sound;
- the process of natural aging of the body, accompanied by a sharp deterioration of hearing;
- otosclerosis - pathological disease of the middle ear, growth of the cyst, which presses on the left hemisphere of the skull (respectively, the patient feels noise in the left ear);
- swelling of the head or neck;
- a tumor of the middle ear;
- high blood pressure (causes a constant noise of blood in the ear, similar to the boiling of water);
- head trauma (concussion, bruises);
- damage to the eardrum;
- decreased serotonin level.
There are also some internal diseases that cause auditory hallucinations:
- thyroid disease, which is characterized by buzzing in the ears;
- cholesterol plaques, which are formed inside the arteries (they create the danger of diseases such as stroke and are characterized by noise in the ears);
- kidney disease- a frequent cause of stuffiness of the ears (causes temporary deafness);
- heart diseases.
Subconscious-reflex sensations of noise can be caused by a variety of reasons:
- emotional overstrain, for example, stress;
- physical exhaustion of the body(fatigue);
- toxic poisoning of the body, which is not manifested by the standard signs of nausea and vomiting, but causes auditory hallucinations;
- large sound loadswho feel their ears during a long listening to music, when visiting noisy places (concerts, clubs, stadium matches, cinemas).
What kind of noise?
Noise in the ears manifests itself in different ways.It all depends on the reason that caused the symptom.
There are also some mental disorders in which a human whisper is heard, but as a rule, people with such symptoms undergo a course of serious psychological rehabilitation.
When a patient seeks help from a doctor, he should clearly describe the symptoms and describe as accurately as possible the sound that constantly worries him. It can be:
- monotonous noisesWhistles, wheezing, rustling, distant ringing;
- difficult sound- bell ringing, melody of the song (psychological pathology, which is provoked by auditory hallucinations).
By the nature of the distribution, noise is emitted:
- objective- those sounds that the doctor can hear in addition to the patient, but this happens very rarely;
- subjective- such sounds are able to hear only the patient.
According to the etymology of the origin of sound in the ears, it is divided into two groups:
- vibratory- Noises that occur with contractions of neuromuscular and vascular tissue in the organs of the hearing aid (objective);
- not vibrational- with irritation of the nerve endings of the entire hearing aid, there is a deaf noise (subjective).
Why does the ear in the ear more often? The left hemisphere of the brain is responsible for sensory sensations, which include hearing. Therefore, for various kinds of diseases of the hearing aid and other diseases, noise initially arises in the left ear.
When should I see a doctor?
If you started to hear noise in your left ear or right, you need to understand how to get rid of it.Only a physical examination can solve this problem.
If such frequencies are characterized by periodicity, they arise after listening to music, visiting noisy activities, after heavy physical exertion, then there is no need for a survey and treatment.
A good sleep and a little rest will help restore the body.
A visit to the doctor is necessary if the ringing is accompanied by a number of additional symptoms:
- headaches and dizziness;
- pain inside the ear;
- strong, sharp pain when pressed on the tragus of the ear;
- nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;
- visible inflammation and redness of the auricle, causing painful sensations;
- possible discharge from both ears;
- general malaise.
In order to discover the cause of an unpleasant phenomenon, it is necessary to undergo a complete examination, which begins with an examination with an otolaryngologist. The doctor willotoscopy, which will help to establish external and internal signs of ear damage.
What should I do if the noise in the left ear, in the absence of external signs of damage? There is such a kind of research - howthreshold audiometry.
With the help of this method, analyze the possibility of brain perception of high frequency sounds.
A special apparatus measures the amplitude of noise that a person can hear, and after that they are asked to describe this sound.
To make sure that there is a noise in the ears,auscultation of the temporal region.This procedure is able to determine the type of noise that the patient hears.
There is such a disease asmeningitis - inflammation of the cerebral cortex.Inflammatory processes strongly affect the hearing aid and the nervous system. The organs of hearing perceive the slightest flow of air, which causes terrible pain.
Threshold audiometry in the hearing therapist's office
There are many additional diagnostic methods:
- X-ray of the temporal region;
- MRI of the neck and vertebra;
- diagnostics of the vestibular function;
Basic treatment includes:
- drug therapy;
- physiological procedures.
The method of treatment directly depends on the disease. If there are inflammatory processes of the hearing aid, then special solutions (drops) are introduced into the ear, which have local action, which remove inflammation and swelling, and restore tissues.
Otosclerosis is considered quite a serious disease.This pathological disease of the middle ear provokes the growth of the cyst, which presses on the left hemisphere of the skull.
How to treat noise in the left ear with otosclerosis? For diseases of this kind of plan resort to complex treatment with the use of drug therapy and physiological procedures.
Medicationconsists in the course use of certain groups of drugs:
- psychostimulating agents;
- means against spasms and cramps;
- remedies that improve brain activity.
If we talk about physiological therapy, we can include herelaser therapy and endaural electrophoresis.
Such procedures are used in severe inflammatory processes (such as otosclerosis).
If constant noise in the ears results in serious deterioration of hearing, doctors install a hearing aid.
Remember, initially noise in one ear looks like a completely innocuous phenomenon, but eventually can lead to the development of pathology and serious hearing problems.
In untimely treatment, the consequences can be severe.
If there are no serious deviations from health, the doctor prescribes preventive procedures aimed at improving auditory qualities and eliminating symptoms.
A source: http://gorlonos.com/ushi/pochemu-shumit-v-uhe-i-kak-eto-lechit.html
Noise in the ears: causes, treatment
A noise in the ears is the subjective perception of the ears by sounds that are objectively absent, there are no external auditory stimuli. Noises of different nature can be in one or both ears, often there is a sensation that rustles in the head.
Tinnitus (tinnīre) is a medical term for ringing or tinnitus.
A person describes a similar subjective sensation in the form of a ringing, buzzing, hum or other sounds perceived by the ear in the absence of auditory stimuli from the outside.
Often the occurrence of tinnitus is accompanied by a different degree of hearing loss. The intensity of noise in different time intervals can vary from a weak barely noticeable ringing to a strong buzz.
In the elderly, due to the aging of the organism, the development of the pathology of the hearing aid, accession Vascular diseases, noise in the ears, as a rule, increases year by year, making it difficult to perceive the real surrounding sounds.
Noise in the ears is not an isolated disease, it is only a manifestation of the problem in the body, requiring careful diagnosis and treatment.
Tinnitus means not only ringing in the ears, but also a set of problems associated with it.
Chronic tinnitus is diagnosed in 5-10% of the world's population, most of them people of advanced age.
The mechanism of development of noise in the ears
The inner ear consists of auditory cells with hairs, helping to convert sound into electrical impulses, which then enter the brain.
Normally, the movements of these hairs correspond to vibrations of sound. The appearance of chaotic motion is promoted by various factors, leading to their irritation or damage.
As a result, a mixture of various electrical signals is formed, perceived by the brain as a constant noise.
Causes of development of noise in the ears
Etiological factors that lead to the development of noise in the ears are many: direct pathologies of the hearing organs, taking certain medications, common diseases, aging of the organism, etc.
Pathology of the external ear:
- foreign body in the auricle;
- otitis externa;
- sulfuric cork.
Pathologies of the middle ear:
- tumor formation, trauma or other damage to the tympanic membrane, for example, listening through the headphones of loud music or a prolonged impact on the ears of the sounds from the operating tractor or chainsaw;
- exudative otitis media;
Pathologies of the inner ear:
- sensorineural hearing loss;
- Meniere's disease;
- tumor of the auditory nerve;
- complications of SARS, influenza;
- neuritis of the auditory nerve;
- ototoxic effect of medicines or other substances:
- antibiotics-aminoglycosides - amikacin, gentamicin, kanamycin;
- macrolides - azithromycin;
- drugs acting on the CNS - haloperidol, caffeine, eufillina;
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - diclofenac, indomethacin;
- loop diuretics - furosemide, ureitis and others;
- cardiovascular drugs - digitalis;
- organic solvents - benzene, methyl alcohol.
- presbyacusia - senile hearing loss due to age-related changes in auditory cells.
Systemic diseases accompanied by noise in the ears:
- metabolic diseases - diabetes, thyrotoxicosis, thyroiditis, hypoglycemia;
- malignant and benign tumor processes - acoustic neuroma, swelling of the tympanic membrane or brainstem, meningioma;
- arteriosclerosis of blood vessels;
- osteochondrosis, developing in the cervical spine;
- stenosis of the jugular veins or carotid arteries.
- poisoning with industrial poisons;
- fluid entering the ear;
- fistula of perilymph;
- head trauma.
How can there be noise in the ears?
Types of noise:
- Objective. In addition to the patient, this noise is heard by the doctor. This type is rarely found in practice.
- Subjective. The patient hears only a different kind of noise.
- Vibrating. Sounds reproduced by the ear itself or by the structures surrounding it. It is these mechanical noises that can be heard by both the patient and the doctor.
- Nonvibration. Different sounds are heard only by the patient. They arise from pathological excitation or irritation of the nerve endings of the auditory tract, inner ear.
Gradation of non-vibration noise:
- central - noises are felt in the center of the head;
- peripheral - sound, is heard in one ear.
- Constant. It is observed after the operation on the intersection of the anterior-cochlear nerve or with the expressed arteriosclerosis of the vessels.
- Periodic. Occurs during inflammatory lesions of the ears.
- Unilateral. It is heard only in one ear.
- Bilateral. Heard in both ears.
Variants of development of noise in the ears
According to statistics, approximately 15-30% of the world's population periodically feel ringing or tingling in their ears, 20% of them characterize it as loud.
Tinnitus with the same frequency is diagnosed in both women and men from 40 to 80 years.
However, pronounced noise with a decrease in hearing is more typical for men who, by virtue of their profession, are more likely to find strong industrial and industrial noise.
Different people have different noise. Some are disturbed by a monotonous hiss, someone whistling, tapping, ringing, buzzing or hum. Tinnitus is often accompanied by a partial hearing loss, the appearance of headaches (cephalgia), sleep disturbance.
Noise may be accompanied by a subfebrile condition, secretions from the auricle, nausea, dizziness, pain, swelling and a feeling of raspiraniya inside the ear. The intensity of the sounds varies: from a weak ringing to a strong roar or a roar.
Often the patient, describing the nature of the noise, says that it resembles the noise of a waterfall or a passing vehicle.
Most people are forced to get used to their pathological condition, but a strong noise in many leads to insomnia, irritability, inability to focus on work or everyday household affairs. Some complain that a loud constant buzz prevents them from hearing other surrounding sounds and speech. In fact, this hum is not so loud, but they do not hear well because of the weakening of the hearing, accompanying the noise in the ears.
Diagnosis with tinnitus
Certain diagnostic difficulties arise due to the multifactority of the pathology, and also because the subjective non-vibatory ringing is difficult to determine by objective diagnostic methods.
In the event of noise, its amplification and increase in the duration or loss of hearing, it is necessary to visit the otolaryngologist.
To clarify the cause and its elimination, consultations of other narrow specialists - a vascular surgeon, a cardiologist, neuropathologist, psychiatrist, endocrinologist - are not excluded.
First, the ENT doctor conducts a physical examination. Specifies the nature, intensity, duration of noise. Find out whether there are chronic diseases of the endocrine, cardiovascular and nervous system.
Visual otolaryngological examination allows to assess the condition of the auricles, to see the external manifestations of the inflammatory process or trauma.
Then, based on the alleged cause of noise, a number of studies are assigned.
Non-invasive instrumental diagnostic methods:
- Tonal threshold audiometry is a technique for verifying hearing acuity with the help of an audiometer. The device emits tones of different frequency and intensity, which the patient hears through the headphones, after catching the sound he presses the button. Based on the received data, an audiogram is compiled, according to which the doctor estimates the level of hearing.
- Weber's test is the study of the acuity of hearing with the help of a tuning fork, which is installed in the middle of the forehead or in the parietal region. If the subject hears better sounds on the side of the diseased ear, the cause of deafness in the sound-conducting (one-sided conductive hearing loss), if on the side of a healthy one - the inner ear (one-sided neurosensory deafness).
- X-ray of the skull. With a head injury.
- Radiography of the spinal column (cervical section). With osteochondrosis.
- Dopplerography of cerebral vessels. With atherosclerosis and ischemia.
- Rheoencephalography of cerebral vessels. With ischemic injury.
- X-ray (planar) pyramid of the temporal bone. If there is a suspicion of retrochlear education.
- Polytomography: MRI or CT. With the proposed tumor process.
- CT of the skull with contrast. When suspected of swelling of the inner ear.
Laboratory diagnostic methods:
- Analysis for thyroid hormones.
- Clinical blood test.
- "Biochemistry" of blood with the determination of the level of lipids.
- Serologic studies on syphilis.
Treatment of tinnitus
The main thing in treatment is minimizing the impact on the body or, if possible, completely eliminating the cause that led to noise in the ears. The main disease is treated.
When osteochondrosis for the management of pain is prescribed non-narcotic analgesics - kadadolon. Compulsory non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are meloxicam, nemisulide.
Relieve muscle tension helps muscle relaxants - sirdalut, midokalm. Sometimes shown anticonvulsant drugs - carbamazepine, gabapentin.
If the aetiological factor is sulfuric plug, then it is successfully eliminated during washing the auditory canal with saline or furatsilinom, supplied through a syringe Janet.
Complex therapy of the pathology of the brain vessels consists of nootropics - cortexin, cerebramine, cerebrolysin; drugs, improving metabolism and blood circulation of the brain - cavinton, cynarizine, betaserc, xanthinal nicotinate and others.
The appearance of ringing in the ears and a slight decrease in hearing, caused by the use of drugs that adversely affect the hearing, are grounds for the abolition of these drugs.
They are replaced by others that do not cause tinnitus.
In most cases, after this, problems resolve themselves, it is rarely possible to return a normal hearing acuity.
In the treatment of tinnitus appoint tricyclic antidepressants, for example amitriptyline. Medical therapy is supplemented by physiotherapy.
Concerning the etiology, endauural electrophonophoresis, hardware treatment, laser and magnetic therapy, pneumomassage of the tympanic membrane are prescribed.
Effective acupuncture, reflexology or electrostimulation.
With noise or other types of injuries of the tympanic membrane or age-related changes in ear structures, hearing loss is irreversible.
Man has only to adjust to the problem. In such cases, the doctor recommends hearing aids.
The hearing aid is being taken or, with a more pronounced degree of hearing loss, a cochlear implant is established.
A source: http://bezboleznej.ru/shum-v-ushah
Noise in the ear: causes, treatment
Those who suffer from an age-old noise in their ears can only express their sympathy and condolence: they never know peace and can not enjoy rest in silence.
Many people suffering from constant noise in the ears, compare this with real torture, since this factor reduces not only efficiency, but also affects the neuropsychic state.
In general, tinnitus is observed in 5-10% of the adult population.
What is the noise
The noise in the ear is constant and periodic, quiet and loud, one-sided and two-sided.
By its nature it can resemble hum, buzzing, hissing, ringing, whistling, and clicks and pulsations.
In most cases, this noise is subjective - no one else can hear it and all kinds of devices do not register. Rarely, it is objective, since it can be heard by other people.
The causes of noise in the ear
From the outer, middle and inner ear:
- foreign body,
- sulfuric cork,
- inflammation (otitis).
- a tumor of the tympanic membrane,
- Ménière's disease,
- the effect of ototoxic antibiotics, some diuretics,
- sensorineural deafness,
- trauma acoustic, cryo-cerebral, as well as barotrauma,
- senile hearing (presbyacusis),
From the side of the nervous system, noise in the ear can give different tumors (for example, neurinoma the pre-vertebral-cochlear nerve, which is the VIII pair of cranial nerves, or a tumor cerebellar angle).
Noise in the ears often accompanies cardiovascular disease when the patient begins to hear pulsation or movement of blood through the vessels that pass near the hearing organ. Noise can provoke:
- stenosis of carotid arteries or jugular veins,
- arterio-venous shunts,
- the change in the rheological properties of the blood, when its "fluidity" increases, - the taking of aspirin, the development of anemia.
In addition, noise can be accompanied by the following states:
- violation of the temporomandibular joint,
- myoclonus muscles of the soft palate and middle ear,
- gaping of the Eustachian tube,
- hypo- and hyperthyroidism,
In some cases, the cause of the noise can not be detected. It is believed that such noise appears due to the malfunctioning of auditory cells or some parts of the brain.
If the noise in the ears is accompanied by dizziness, a person should consult an ENT doctor.
Many patients eventually humble themselves and try not to notice it just as we do not notice the constant ticking of the clock or the work of the refrigerator.
However, if you notice that the noise is accompanied by the following symptoms, you should urgently contact an ENT doctor:
- ejection from the ear,
- temperature increase,
- general weakness, lethargy,
- pain, a feeling of raspiraniya inside the ear,
- nausea, vomiting,
- swelling of the auricle.
You also need to visit a doctor if suddenly the nature of the noise has changed or it has appeared for the first time.
A variety of causes that can cause tinnitus create certain diagnostic difficulties. Because of this, in some cases, the cause of the appearance of noise in the ears is found only after a thorough examination and consultations of various specialists.
However, to begin with, the patient usually goes to the ENT doctor who performs the primary examination of the ear, and also performs audiometry. If during the examination it turns out that the hearing organ is normal, then the following specialists can be involved in the diagnosis:
- neurologist and others.
Treatment: electrophoresis, ear blowing, acoustic massage
The best treatment for noise in the ears is to find its cause and eliminate it, and if it does not, then at least reduce its effect.
Some types of noise are "easy" for treatment. For example, a sulfur plug can be removed immediately in the doctor's office, and the otitis eventually cured.
It is more difficult to cope with the noise in the ear, which was caused by a tumor of the brain structures or it arose due to atherosclerosis, various metabolic disorders.
To combat noise, the doctor can appoint:
- Preparations that improve cerebral circulation - Cavinton, Cinnarizine, etc.
- Influencing the nervous system: sedatives, nootropics, hypnotics, antidepressants.
- Means that reduce cholesterol in the blood, normalize blood pressure, anti-anemic drugs, correcting the level of thyroid hormones, and many others (the choice of means depends specifically on the cause, which caused noise).
- Physiotherapeutic treatment - electrophoresis, blowing of ears, acoustic massage, pneumomassage of the tympanic membrane, mechanotherapy courses.
- Hearing with specially selected hearing aids.
- Surgical treatment in cases where the cause of the noise can be eliminated operatively.
For his part, a person should get used to the noise and try not to notice it just as a city dweller does not notice the noise of traffic or the ticking of a clock. The most important thing is not to be upset and not depressed, because neurosis and anxiety about noise can enhance it.
Noise in the ear is not a pleasant phenomenon, but it depends on the person whether he will be annoyed, worried, depressed or learn to live with this phenomenon and practically ignore it. Also, the cause of the noise should be identified and, if possible, eliminated.
A source: https://otolaryngologist.ru/364
The buzz in the ear: the causes and methods of treatment. Treatment of noise in the ears folk remedies
Often the body gives signals that are difficult to ignore. The cause for concern can be various discomfortable conditions, which are not separate diseases.
They serve as a sign of certain malfunctions in the work of the body. For example, hum in the ear, the causes of which are not related to external noises.
What is this symptom, and why does it arise?
How is this manifested
Unclear noise in the head, which can not be heard by others, can manifest themselves in different ways. Someone hears a thin squeak, someone - a ringing. Sometimes it's rustling and rustling, sometimes buzzing or whistling.
Sometimes patients complain about the measured clicks, and someone just buzzes in the ears. Although, it is worth noting that some pathologies are accompanied by noise in the ears, which can be heard standing nearby.
All these sounds have definite causes.
Classification of noise
Doctors share noise in several ways:
Most of the noise is audible only to the patient. In this case, the hum in the ear, the causes of which will be disassembled later, can not be heard by an outsider or fixed with equipment.
However, if you see this symptom, you should immediately consult a doctor. The fact is that an innocuous, at first glance, problem can turn out to be a sign of a serious pathology.
Hearing in the ears: causes
These violations can be the result of different problems. Most often, the reason that buzzes in your ears is as follows:
- Defect in the middle ear. It can appear if there is damage to the bone tissue or internal elements of the ear after otitis or a trauma to the tympanic membrane.
- Defect of the inner ear, developed as a result of a cold, taking antibiotics, loud sounds, the appearance of a neoplasm in the auditory nerve, increased pressure, atherosclerosis.
- In the ear canal entering a foreign body or liquid. Most often for this reason, children suffer.
- Ménière's disease.
- Formation of sulfuric cork.
- Aneurysm formation, malformation.
- Neurinoma of the auditory nerve.
- Narrowing of the carotid artery or jugular vein.
- Craniocerebral injury.
- Overwork and stress.
- Kidney diseases.
- Loss of perception of high tones, which is a particular manifestation of aging. The medical name is presbyacusis.
Some causes of noise in the head require additional decoding. So, for example, in the above list, Ménière's disease is indicated.
It is a disease in which tinnitus and dizziness are caused by an increase in the amount of endolymph (fluid) in the cavity of the inner ear.
The fluid exerts pressure on cells that regulate the spatial orientation of the body and maintain equilibrium. The disease is rare, because it is diagnosed in a small percentage of the population.
However, in medical practice, there was a false diagnosis of Meniere's disease, based on recurrent dizziness.
The causes of the disease are poorly understood. Most often, tinnitus and dizziness in Meniere's syndrome result from vascular diseases, trauma, inflammation, or infections.
In addition to noise and dizziness, the patient suffers from a balance disorder, which prevents not only walking and standing, but even sitting. The patient sweats badly, he is sick.
The disease is accompanied by frequent vomiting, pale skin, low pressure.
A complete cure for this disease is impossible. But doctors are trying to reduce the frequency of manifestations and to stop the symptoms. To do this, appoint a special diet, taking diuretics, taking antihistamines and sedatives.
Neurinoma of the auditory nerve
Another reason why buzzing in the ears is the neurinoma of the auditory nerve.
The disease has several names: vestibular schwannoma, acoustic neurinoma, acoustic schwannoma.
Neurinoma is a benign tumor that grows from Schwann's lemocytes of the auditory nerve. The Schwann cell is an auxiliary cell, it supports the axon and nourishes the body of the neuron.
Clinical manifestations of acoustic neuromas - hearing loss on the one hand, pain of the corresponding half of the face, paresis of the facial nerve, violation of swallowing and articulation. In addition, it hums in the ear. What to do in this case? Urgently go to the doctor. Because neuroma should be removed, or undergoing radiotherapy.
Why is tinnitus a symptom of kidney disease or diabetes?
It is difficult to understand this to a person without medical education.
The buzzing in the ear, the causes of which are related to kidney disease, is explained as follows: as a result of the disease, the adrenal glands lose the ability to normally produce noradrenaline and adrenaline.
These hormones, including those that affect blood pressure. As a result of the violation, the heart has to work more intensively and the concentration of glucose increases.
Because of the re-development of adrenaline, the production of insulin is inhibited, which affects the concentration of sugar in the blood. So it turns out that a buzz in the ears and head can be the reason for the appointment of an analysis of blood sugar and examination of the kidneys.
Why the noise at night is louder
In fact, the noise level does not actually change. But the environment changes. In the daytime around the person there are always background sounds: the city is noisy, people are talking, cars are going somewhere, horns are humming or trolleys are ringing.
As a result of the surrounding noises, the hum in the ears and head is less noticeable. And at night these sounds are less and the person more clearly hears the movement of blood. Besides, at night these problems do not allow to relax and prevent to fall asleep.
Therefore, at night, noise in the ears and head irritates much more.
What kind of doctor should I contact?
If a person is disturbed by hum in the ear, the cause should start looking for an otolaryngologist (ENT). He will conduct an examination, will appoint examination and tests.
If there are no deviations on his part, then the patient gets a referral to other specialists.
This may be a neurologist, neuropathologist, endocrinologist, cardiologist, since most patients because of changes in the work of the cardiovascular apparatus hears the movement of blood in the vessels.
But many patients choose a unique technique for treating tinnitus. Since the specialists participating in this program treat not only tinnitus, but also its causes, such as Meniere's disease, osteochondrosis and many others.
In addition to examining the patient, specialists can prescribe such examinations as audiometry, ultrasound of cerebral vessels, biochemical a blood test to determine the level of cholesterol and coagulograms, X-rays, computed tomography, Doplerography, REG (rheoencephalography).
If an objective noise is diagnosed, which the doctor can also hear, then he conducts a phonendoscope survey. It can detect a snap or ripple area. It is also possible to detect a muscle sound that occurs as a result of convulsive contraction of the soft palate and middle ear.
If the question: "why the buzzing in the ears" ENT can answer that the sulfur plug is to blame, then the treatment is extremely simple. The doctor flushes the cork right during the initial treatment.
If the noise in the ears appeared after a cold, the doctor will prescribe drops ("Albucid "Otinum" or others). Also, solutions for washing ("Polymyxin "Rizorcin "Ethonium" and others) can be recommended. And it is necessary to cure a cold.
If the patient has otitis media, then drops and antibiotics can be used for treatment. Most often this is "Levomycetin "Ceftriaxone". But the treatment can be selected only by a specialist. Necessarily used drops in the nose.
In stressful situations, doctors recommend soothing decoctions, rest, long walks, physical activity, change of activity, drugs for a more sound sleep.
With vascular problems and high pressure, special medications are prescribed for its normalization. In addition, a special diet is recommended. Vascular noises pulsating, they coincide with the rhythm of cardiac contractions.
In addition to hypertension, they can be caused by an aneurysm (protrusion, thinning and stretching of the vascular wall) and malformation (pathology in the veins and arteries). In this case, the patient needs an operation to eliminate the pathology.
Thus, timely treatment to a doctor with a complaint of tinnitus will help to avoid, for example, a stroke.
In the treatment of tumors from which buzzing in the ears, the causes, sizes and appearance of the lesion will affect the chosen tactics.
The medicinal effect, operation or irradiation will be chosen.
If, because of the illness, the acuity of hearing is reduced, then a hearing aid or an auditory ossicle can be recommended.
Treatment of noise in the ears with folk remedies often relieves the symptom, and the underlying disease still requires treatment. However, many people resort to folk methods to get a break from the constant accompanying noise. Most often recommend the following tools:
- Onions with cumin. To do this, a large onion, stuffed with cumin seeds, is baked in the oven. Then squeeze the juice and drop it 2 drops into each ear several times a day. After a while, the noise disappears, but the treatment continues for another 2 days.
- Dill. In the course are not only small leaves, but also the stem, and rosette with seeds. The plant is ground, poured with boiling water, insisted within an hour and drink before eating a half glass. The course of treatment is 8 weeks. Suitable as fresh fennel, and dried.
- "Earplugs" from the viburnum. Ripe berries bring to a boil and cool. Then, decant the liquid and knead it into a gruel (it will not be homogeneous because of the skin and pips). Kashitsu mixed with the same amount of honey and spread on gauze. Next, the gauze is tied with a knot that fits in the ear for the whole night. The procedure is repeated until the noise disappears.
- "Ear plugs" of potatoes with honey. In this case, the raw potatoes are rubbed on an average grater, the juice is squeezed out a little, the resulting gruel mixes with honey and decomposes into gauze. Further, as in the recipe with Kalina.
- Beet. 100 gr. finely grated beets filled with a glass of water and placed in an enamel pot on the stove. In the beet, a spoonful of honey is added. All this should be boiled for about 15 minutes. Then a cotton swab is lowered into the beet mass and placed in the ear. This remedy is especially effective for complications of colds.
Doctors doubt that the treatment of noise in the ears with folk remedies is effective. They recommend combining the treatment of the underlying disease with the elimination of the symptom (buzzing in the ears). This is the only way to get rid of the problem or significantly reduce it.
A source: http://.ru/article/291166/gul-v-uhe-prichinyi-i-sposobyi-lecheniya-lechenie-shuma-v-ushah-narodnyimi-sredstvami
Noise in the ears - causes, treatment with drugs and folk remedies
If an adult or child has noise in the absence of external stimuli in the ears, this indicates the presence of certain diseases.
In the medical language, this condition is called tinnitus and is accompanied not only by a noise background, but also by sharp, buzzing sounds.
If the noise in the ears is accompanied by pains, dizziness or decreased acuity of hearing, you should immediately contact LOR. Having learned the cause of the phenomenon, it is easier to deal with it effectively.
The causes of noise in the right and left ear
Hearing in our lives plays an important role. Influencing different functions, it helps us to remember information and navigate in space. Therefore, when we hear extraneous sounds, we immediately try to identify pathology.
There can be many reasons, because the organ is close to the brain, and next to it are many blood vessels, nerve endings and arteries.
It is not easy for a specialist to find the cause of noise in the ears, but we will name the main ones:
- sudden increase in pressure;
- sulfuric cork;
- concussion of the brain;
- circulatory disturbance;
- vascular failure;
- brain tumor;
- vegetovascular dystonia;
- nasal congestion;
- weakness during pregnancy;
The constant pulsating noise in the ears is a sign of atherosclerosis, arterial hypertension or arteriovenous malformation.
The most common disease with ear pulsations is arterial hypertension, when high blood pressure causes narrowing of small vessels of the brain. Due to this, the brain does not receive the required amount of oxygen, reacting sharply to these changes.
When atherosclerosis vessels accumulate cholesterol, reducing their diameter, the blood flow slows down, hence pulsation, headache, memory deterioration, hearing loss.
With arteriovenous malformation, the correct intertwining of the blood vessels is broken, so the blood passes the capillaries immediately into the veins, causing the pulsating noise to build up.
After a concussion, the ears often hear pulsating sounds, a drumbeat with increasing volume.
This condition is a harbinger of vomiting or dizziness, especially when the torso is tilted.
Noise in the ears with headache
If the noise is accompanied by dizziness and headache, then this condition is likely to provoke one of three factors:
- Disease of the auditory nerve.
- Atherosclerotic plaques.
If the headache is accompanied by nausea and attacks of vomiting after a stroke on the head or a fall, and in the ears periodically there is noise, then this concussion and it needs to be urgently treated.
At the revealed atherosclerosis work of the vestibular apparatus worsens, and noise constantly amplifies, especially in the evening.
With such symptoms, you need to urgently examine the vessels of the brain.
Noise, which is accompanied by constant dizziness, can occur due to changes in the cervical spine, because it eventually appears spines or outgrowths.
The normal height of the discs is significantly reduced, so the vertebrae become closer to each other. With these bone spasms, the vertebral artery does not agree.
She begins to get irritated and spasmodic, not missing the right amount of blood to the brain. Hence, there is instability in walking, noise in the ears, blurred vision.
A common condition that occurs in 45% of cases when the doctor does not establish a clear cause of noise in the ears is called idiopathic noise.
Studies show that many patients who complain about tinnitus are people from 40 to 80 years old.
This is due to both the medications, age changes, and normal physiological noise associated with the movement of blood in the inner ear.
Treatment of noise in the ears directly depends on the cause. Tinnitus is not just a noise in the head, but a large set of social, mental and emotional problems.
About 5% of the world's population suffers from chronic tinnitus, which leads to stress, fear, disruption in concentration.
The tinnitus itself is not an independent disease, but rather a symptom of another disease or a weakening of the hearing.
Often, noise in the ears occurs with diabetes or with kidney disease.
The ENT doctor at the examination of the patient should pay attention to his general condition, to find out, not whether he accepts medicines and first of all to detect the presence of sulfur plugs that cause noise and ringing in ears.
If tinnitus is caused by age-related changes, then there is no cure for it. The patient has to adjust to a new problem, and the doctor will only be able to advise the drugs to reduce the severity of the senile change in the inner ear.
Drug treatment of noise, which sometimes occurs in the ears, is not shown in all cases. Tinnitus often occurs and disappears suddenly, and if this happens briefly and once, the doctors say that it's not worth worrying about. You need to contact specialists if:
- noise and ringing in the auricles is regular;
- discomfort from ringing is significant, interferes with work;
- you know about the disease that provokes tinnitus.
There are certain drugs that reduce the noise in the ears, but the result depends on the cause of the discomfort.
Some people are helped by the use of tricyclic antidepressants, but these drugs sometimes cause side effects: dry mouth, blurred vision or problems with heart rhythm disturbances.
Antiviral drugs, for example, "Gabalentin" or "Clonazepam" also sometimes reduce noise, and some can reduce the sound with painkillers, soothing and even antihistamines, for example, "Betaserk".
List of the most common antibiotics that cause painful ringing in the ears:
- antimalarial drugs;
- some drugs for cancer "Vincristine" or "Mehloreatin
- diuretic drugs: "Furosemide "Etacrynic acid "Bumetanid
- in large doses, "Aspirin
- some antidepressants;
- antibiotics: "Erythromycin "Polymyxin B "Neomycin "Vancomycin".
Undesirable noises in the ears are removed only after the investigation of the underlying cause, so before resort to folk remedies, you need to consult a doctor, especially if you have hearing problems with child. There are several folk recipes to get rid of this ailment:
For this, you need to grind 2 small onions on a small grater, and squeeze the juice through the cheesecloth and drip their ear with 2-3 drops. The procedure should be repeated 2 times daily until the ringing stops. If the problem is with a child, then the onion juice should be diluted with water:.
For this medicine, take 3 tablespoons. fresh Kalina, pour water and put on fire. After 5 minutes of boiling, drain the water, and add 3 tablespoons to the mashed berries. l.
honey, stirring the mixture thoroughly. From bandage make 2 nodules, which fill with the prepared mixture and insert in ears for the night before a dream.
The procedure should be repeated every night until complete recovery.
Three teaspoons of fresh dill fill with boiling water, then infuse for 1 hour. Drink infusion should be 100 ml daily 3 times before meals until full recovery.
How to treat tinnitus with colds and SARS?
Often during acute respiratory infections or colds, ears ache and often hear noise or ringing. The cause of the disease is often swelling of the auditory tube and when you try to breathe through the nose inside the middle ear, there is a negative pressure immediately.
To facilitate the patient's condition, the doctor enters the vasoconstrictor medications. Balancing ear pressure helps yawning or imitating chewing movements.
If you do not provide treatment in time, then after a cold you will have a more serious ear disease - otitis, which increases the risk of hearing loss altogether.
Treatment is done by warming compresses and drops in the ears. Drops necessarily contain painkillers and antibacterial components.
These are such drugs as "Otypaks "Sofredeks" or "Albucid".
If the ear fester, then you need to use solutions of "Etonia "Rivanol" or "Olimixin" to cleanse and relieve ear inflammation.
Otitis is an inflammation of the ear, which is caused by a general decrease in immunity and the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms.
Methods of treatment directly depend on the location of infection: the outer, middle or inner ear.
The average or external inflammation of the ear can be easily eliminated at home, but if the otitis has progressed deep, the patient is referred for hospital treatment, since there is a risk of inflammation of the head the brain.
With inflammation of the external part of the auditory canal, doctors usually recommend the following course of therapy:
- Burying with boric alcohol, and with severe pain, you should take an anesthetic, for example, "Ibuprofen".
- Burying the ears with drops that provide an antibacterial effect ("Neomycin "Ofloxacin").
- Turundy with tetracycline or lincomycin ointment.
- If an abscess occurs on the outer ear, it is removed surgically.
Which doctor should I consult for diagnosis?
To find out the cause of ringing in the ears, you need to consult a therapist or a neurologist. These specialists are required to schedule an examination to identify the exact cause of the problem.
Usually appoint ultrasound of blood vessels, general tests, and in extreme cases - MRI of the brain.
Appoint and visit the ENT doctor, because the ringing in the ear is triggered by an ordinary sulfur plug, from which the ENT will cope in 5 minutes.
A source: http://sovets.net/2936-shum-v-ushakh.html