Due to a bruise, skin, subcutaneous fat and muscle damage. In rare cases, even blood vessels and nerves suffer from bruises (then blood flows from the injured vessel, possibly a hemorrhage with the appearance of a bruise). There are ways to treat a foot injury at home that help relieve pain and get rid of the bright external manifestations.
- First Aid
- Treatment in an acute period
- Severe bruise of the foot of the hematoma, how to treat
- Treatment of a bruise during pregnancy
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Methods of Traditional Medicine
- Contusion of soft tissues
- Contusion of joints
- Bruised legs
- Injury of fingers
- Knee injury
- Contusion of foot
Bruising your toe - symptoms and what to do Simple treatment of foot injury at home Treatment of hematoma on the foot after injury Symptoms of a heel bruise and treatment Bruised thumb - what to do and treat
Important!On the site of a bruise, there is always a swelling, there may be swelling. Pain is possible with pressure on the affected area, while moving. Acute pain quickly passes, but the pain symptom when you feel the affected area can persist for several weeks.
If there is a bruise in the leg in the shin area, then necrosis of the skin and subsequent rejection may occur. All because of the fact that the subcutaneous tissue in this place tightly adheres to the skin. It should be understood that any foot injuries are serious conditions that require immediate correct treatment.
What if there was a bruised leg and it swelled up? Initially, the bone and joints are checked, you need to determine exactly what they did not hurt. If there are any suspicions or doubts, you should immediately contact a traumatologist!
What you need to do with a foot injury:
- apply a pressure bandage on the bruised place;
- to provide limb rest;
- in the presence of abrasions and scratches, before the dressing is applied, the damaged areas need to be disinfected with alcohol, iodine or other means that are at hand;
- put your foot above your body;
- in a few hours to abandon any loads.
Important!It is strictly forbidden to unravel the leg with a bruise. This will lead to an aggravation of the injury. The first day the leg is treated only with cold for constriction of blood vessels, providing an anesthetic effect.
Treatment in an acute period
When the day has passed since the moment of injury, it is possible to abandon the cooling regime and switch to warming. Help warm baths, compresses and lotions. They are needed to remove the edema, the fastest disposal of the hematoma.
Severe bruise of the foot of the hematoma, how to treat
Treatment of the removal of the hematoma depends on the severity of the injury. With a strong bruise, the hematoma can deprive the limb of its functions. In this case, you need to see a doctor immediately. The first thing you need is a cold compress. Further, it is necessary to fix a leg with the help of an elastic bandage or improvised means.
- Take pain medication: analgin, ibuprofen.
- Leg should be lubricated with diclofenac and ibuprofen - they will relieve pain and inflammation.
- At the end of the day, you can apply warming ointments, make compresses and UHF.
Interesting!In pharmacies are sold special plasters, which have analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. They can be used as early as the second day after the injury of the foot.
Treatment of a bruise during pregnancy
It is necessary to apply cold, fix the leg in a position convenient for you, do not strain it. Most drugs are contraindicated during this period, so it is better to consult a doctor for recommendations. Prohibited and X-rays during pregnancy, keep in mind. You can use folk remedies: in 1 liter of water add 2 tbsp. l. vinegar, in this solution moisten a towel and cotton cloth and apply on the leg.
Within 1-2 weeks you need to rub the bruised place. If you refuse this procedure, it can lead to clotting of veins with blood clots (thrombophlebitis). Edema, bruising should be done within two weeks. If this does not happen, you need to go to the doctor, you may need an additional course of physiotherapy (magnet exposure, electrophoresis, UHF therapy).
Methods of Traditional Medicine
One of the effective ointment recipes, which can be used with a bruise in severe form:
- 1 tbsp. l. birch tar;
- 1 tbsp. l. fresh lard;
- 1 tbsp. l. tar spruces put in a clay pot with a lid.
Put the dishes with the contents in the oven, which has just been baked. And leave the pot for a day. The resulting mixture is put on the cloth and applied to the site of the injury.
Contusion of soft tissues
With a soft tissue injury, this recipe will help:
- honey mixed with aloe juice. Apply the mass to the affected area, fix it with a bandage;
- Use household soap to gently rub the sore spot.
Contusion of joints
For the treatment of joints with a bruise, the following tips should be used:
- on a grated onion, add a tablespoon of mashed plantain, honey. A compress will be obtained, which is superimposed on the area of the affected joint for several hours;
- to three tablespoons of chopped wormwood add 200 ml of vodka. Leave for a week, so that the compound is infused. Then soak the cloth in the tincture, apply it to the affected joints.
For legs in general, you can use such recipes:
- a decoction of the flowers of Ledum. A strong broth pours into a warm bath. Take a bath for a quarter of an hour;
- to 0.5 liters of vinegar (6%) add the head of garlic (grate). Send insist on a day. Rub the compound into a sore leg;
- grate the raw potatoes and put the mass in gauze. Apply to the bruised limb in the place of pain localization;
- Take the peel from the banana, fix it with the inside of the leg for several hours.
Injury of fingers
The fingers are quite sensitive with a bruise, so it's worth using these recipes:
- powder to powder. To several tablespoons of powder add a glass of boiling water. To put broth on a finger, to bandage;
- Bandage soak in fir oil, then rewind them with a sick finger.
With a knee injury, do the following:
- from white cabbage to tear off a leaf, in several places to incise, that there was a juice. Snap to the knee, leave for an hour. Every hour the compress can be changed;
- a tablespoon of ground dry wormwood mixed with petroleum jelly. Hold for several hours in the oven and rub ointment three times a day in the knee.
Contusion of foot
Stop at a bruise is also susceptible to pain syndrome in order to relieve possible hematoma and pain make such a compress:
- in water, dissolve a spoonful of salt, add bay leaf, birch, chamomile;
- leave to cool completely, soak the towel in the infusion, tie to the foot for the night.
When treating a foot injury at home, it is important to give correct help during the first 24 hours, and then adjust the treatment at your own discretion, depending on the degree of injury. In the first day, you need cold, then you can switch to thermal procedures.