How to cure otitis without antibiotics
Subcooling, as well as penetration into the middle ear of pathogens can cause inflammation, or otitis. The correct sign of it is a sharp penetrating pain in the ear, itching, hearing loss, and discharge from the ear canal. The traditional method of treatment of acute otitis is antibacterial therapy. It helps to avoid the spread of the inflammatory process to nearby organs. However, the chronic form of the disease can be cured without antibiotics.
You will need
- - Pharmaceutical drops for the ears;
- - chamomile, elder, root of ara, bark of oak, grass of camel thorn;
- - alcohol, fabric, cotton wool, bandage for compress;
- - large salt or sand and canvas bag for warming up the ear;
- - wadding sticks and phyto-candles for ear cleaning.
- Do not treat yourself alone with acute otitis, accompanied by fever, chills, malaise and sharp pain in the ear. This is dangerous for health, and sometimes for life, because the spread of the inflammatory process to the eyes or brain can cause irreversible effects. In this case, only medicinal treatment with antibiotics is shown.
- If the inflammation of the middle ear has passed into a chronic form or proceeds with a mild symptomatology, try to cure otitis without antibiotics. But that the inflammatory process does not pass into purulent flow, use pharmacological drugs and only in addition to them, to accelerate recovery - the means of traditional medicine.
- From pharmacies for the treatment of otitis use "Vibrocil" externally for 3-4 drops in the ear canal 3-4 times in day, "Otinum" 3-4 drops 3-4 times a day, "Otipaks 3-4 drops 3 times a day, "Polydex" 2-5 drops 2 times a day day. Bury them only in the heated form. Since they have a number of contraindications and side effects, carefully read the instructions.
- If there is no purulent discharge from the ear, do a warming compress. Cut out a cloth and wax paper with a circle with an aperture for the auricle (during the application of the compress it should be open). Lubricate the skin around the ear with a baby cream or petroleum jelly, and moisten the tissue in a warm alcohol solution (50 ml of water 50 ml), and apply to the skin. Cover the fabric with paper, also leaving the auricle outside, attach cotton wool over the paper and fix it with a bandage. Leave for 1-2 hours. In addition to compresses, apply for heating the ear bags with red-hot salt or sand. After any warming procedure, keep your ear warm - tie your head with a woolen scarf.
- Simultaneously with thermal procedures for the treatment of otitis use as much sweating and vitaminized drinks: hot tea with honey, brewed currant leaves, raspberries or limes, broth dog rose, chamomile.
- When treating otitis without antibiotics, you should use herbal medicine - use herbal tea herbs inside and make a lotion from them.
Wrap 2 tbsp. flowers of elderberry or chamomile in gauze, pour boiling water and after 2-3 minutes, slightly wringing out, attach close to the ear canal, but not on it. In the same way, make lotions from a mixture of herb thyme (thyme), oak bark, root of cinquefoil erect, root of aira. For internal use, throw 1 tbsp. crushed grass camel thorn in 200 ml of boiling water and for 5 minutes keep on low heat. Use in a strained form for half a glass 3 times a day.
- In the treatment of otitis without antibiotics or with them, care is important. In addition to local effects with the help of thermal procedures and drops several times a day, rinse the throat with anti-inflammatory decoctions, for example, chamomile and clean auditory strokes with cotton buds, but do this very carefully, so as not to damage the eardrum, but rather use for this purpose pharmacy wax candles with propolis.
Is it possible to cure otitis without antibiotic, only Otypaksom?
Malvina on Lamborghini
otitis is an ear inflammation and any inflammations in the body, except for barley are treated ONLY with the help of antibiotics, which will prescribe a doctor, plus fizlechenie, and proper nutrition. Reception of vitamins. Otherwise there will be a chronic stage, and your ears will not give you life. And vooopsche, near the brain, and it is not ruled out inflammation of the meninges and so on.
Otitis can be different, if this is an easy form (without damaging the membrane), then it is possible (I was cured)... but it is better to consult a specialist if the tympanum is injured can only be made worse ...
Nastia Yt [jxe
There are drops of otof or sofras according to the instructions and tablets are not required, otypaplex did not try, the rest is checked
antibiotics are needed, and - a course of at least 5 - 7 days, it is better something like an amoxiclav (1000 mg 2 r. per day or panklava or fleumoclave 625 mg 3 r. in a day). In addition to this - drops in the nose vasoconstrictor and there is something like the sofradex. In the throat of an inhalation inhalipt or bioparox (it is necessary to observe a time interval of 4 hours, not less than 5 days, otherwise it's useless). At least for the night - 1t. suprastin
otypaks and there is an antibiotic, only the outer one. To us 2 months, we have cured an otitis for 6 days only otipaksom.
Butterflies in my stomach
yes, it is always treated with antibiotics the more they are frequent. Look for the true cause of your otitis.. We also had non-tolerable otitis up to a year. all because immunity is not to hell. They were treated with immunostimulants, vitamins drank. And thank God, while they forgot what it is.
Antibiotics for otitis in children. Ear drops and antibiotics in the treatment of otitis media
Otitis is one of the most common inflammatory diseases in babies up to three years old. It happens in older children, and in adults, but less often. It is caused by a special structure of the auditory canal, because of which any infection from the throat and nose gets into it. Even with improper feeding of the infant, an inflammation of the middle ear can occur. All parents are concerned about curing the baby as soon as possible. Often they buy medicines without consulting a doctor. But this can not be done, because until now the question remains whether antibiotics are necessary for otitis in children. After all, bacteria that cause inflammation of the middle ear can adapt to antibacterial drugs, so they can only be prescribed by a doctor after an accurate diagnosis.
How to determine if a child has otitis media?
During this disease, the child is concerned about pain, congestion in the ear, and hearing loss.Often the temperature rises, the patient refuses to eat, can not sleep properly, is restless. The most difficult thing is to diagnose a baby who can not say that it hurts. Therefore, with the first symptoms and suspicion of inflammation of the middle ear, it is necessary to show the baby to the doctor-otolaryngologist. Only by examining the tympanic membrane can an accurate diagnosis be made. On how quickly this is done, the effectiveness of treatment without complications depends. Often, doctors prescribe antibiotics for otitis in children, but the need for this depends on many factors. And in many cases, the disease passes without the use of antibacterial drugs.
Pros and cons
Do you need antibiotics for otitis in children? The expediency of taking such drugs has long been controversial. After all, a large number of side effects and the ability of bacteria to adapt to many medicines often negate the entire treatment. But in many cases, antibiotics can not be avoided, especially when it comes to otitis in a small child. To prevent complications, you need to take antibacterial drugs. When can you do without this?
- if the child is older than 2 years, doctors recommend expectant management, because in many cases the child's body copes with inflammation on its own;- if the disease is caused not by bacteria but by a viral infection, then the use of antibiotics will be useless;
- if the child does not have the effects of intoxication and high temperature;
- if only one ear hurts and the disease is mild.
Otitis in a child - treatment
Antibiotics are not the only drugs that can alleviate the condition of the patient with otitis. Typically, in the first 1-2 days of the disease, analgesics and antipyretic drugs are used.Each mother should know how to cope with such a disease as otitis. Treatment:
- antibiotics are prescribed at a temperature above 39 degrees and strong intoxication;
- to relieve pain and reduce temperature, anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed: "Nurofen "Ibuprofen" or "Panadol
- If pus is not secreted from the ear, it is advisable to use ear drops: "Otipax" or "Otinum they have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect;
- if the child does not have temperature, the pain can be removed with warming compresses with camphor oil or alcohol;
- To reduce the inflammatory process in the ear in children, it is mandatory to use vasoconstrictive drops in the nose.
The best antibiotics for otitis
Despite the fact that many bacteria that cause inflammation of the middle ear are resistant to penicillins, antibacterial drugs of this series are still the most popular. After all, they are most easily tolerated and have fewer side effects. The most commonly prescribed antibiotic for otitis media is "Amoxicilin." It is also common to treat cephalosporins: "Cefazolin" or "Cefipim" is used. Antibacterial drugs are used in the form of tablets, suspensions or syrup. If on these medicines the child has an allergic reaction or after two days of applying the improvements observed, prescribe stronger antibiotics: "Clarithromycin "Levofloxacin "Vantin "Omnitsef" and others. Sometimes, to increase the effect of antibiotics in otitis in a child are used in the form of injections. After all, some children refuse to take pills and suspension, and syrups often have an allergic reaction.
Antibiotics of the penicillin group
Most often, it is with these drugs that otitis treatment begins. They are best tolerated by children and have few side effects. The most common antibiotic for otitis is the drug Amoxicillin.Parents, he is better known under the name "Flemoxin Solutab". It is made in the form of a powder for the preparation of a suspension or in the form of sweet tablets, so that it is easier for a child to take them. If in a few days the drug did not bring improvements, it can be replaced by a stronger drug of the same group - "Amoxicillin Clavulanate" or "Amoxiclav." It is more effective, but also well tolerated by children. Other common antibiotics for otitis in a child are Ampicillin and Sultamycillin. They also belong to this group and are contraindicated for intolerance to penicillin.
Preparations of the group cephalosporins
It is also often prescribed antibiotics for otitis in children. Modern drugs of this group are effective against bacteria that are resistant to penicillins, but also well tolerated. The most common drug prescribed for children is "Cefuroxime Axetil". The drug "Ceppodoxime Procetyl" or "Omnitsef" is also used. These antimicrobial agents have an effective effect on otitis media. But although they rarely cause allergic reactions, children are not always appointed. The most dangerous side effect of cephalosporins is the destruction of vitamin K and the violation of hematopoiesis.
Group of macrolides
This is a new generation of antimicrobial agents that have some advantages over other antibiotics. Having a wide spectrum of action and high activity against most bacteria, they almost do not give side effects. But, despite this, for children these medicines are used with caution, only in extreme cases, when other drugs do not help. Most often, antibiotics are prescribed for otitis in a child, such as Clarithromycin Roxithromycin and Azithromycin. In addition to antimicrobial action, they stimulate immunity and relieve inflammation. But their strong influence on the immune system is the reason that macrolides are rarely prescribed to children.
One of the easiest forms of inflammation is otitis externa. Antibiotics in tablets in this case are very rarely prescribed, usually it is possible to manage local drugs. But with severe inflammation, you can use drops containing antimicrobial substances.They are also used for otitis media. Which of them are the most common:
- Most often the drug "Candibiotik" is prescribed. It contains two strong antimicrobial drugs and lidocaine, which provides its rapid analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- The remedy "Anauran" is a very strong antibiotic that also contains lidocaine. But it can not be used for allergy and perforation of the tympanic membrane.
- The drug "Otofa" contains a very strong antibiotic and is effective for any inflammation in the ear. But these drops do not have an analgesic effect.
- The drug "Normaks" is used more often, because it has a wide spectrum of action. Sometimes it can cause an allergic reaction.
- Medication "Sofraks is a hormonal drug and children are rarely prescribed.
Features of the use of antibiotics
- Such medicines should be prescribed only by a doctor. With improper use of antibacterial drugs, it is possible, in addition to allergic reactions, the occurrence of complications and the transition of otitis to a chronic form.
- Do not exceed the dosage prescribed by the doctor. In addition, that it can cause an allergic reaction and dysbiosis, it is possible to develop immunity to such drugs.
- Usually, antibiotics take 5-7 days. It is unacceptable to increase this period without the recommendation of a doctor. You can not also interrupt treatment if it seems that the illness has passed.
- If after 2-3 days of taking the drug there is no improvement, you need to replace it with a stronger medicine.
- Usually, together with an antibiotic, the doctor prescribes antihistamines to prevent allergies and probiotics and bifidobacteria to protect the gastrointestinal tract.
Side effects after the use of antibiotics
Every mom needs to know that one of the most common diseases in babies is otitis media. Antibiotics help to quickly cope with inflammation and prevent complications. But these drugs are bad for the rest of the child's organs and systems. Most often, after the use of antibiotics, allergic reactions occur: itching, rash, redness of the skin, swelling and even anaphylactic shock. In addition, these drugs strongly affect the gastrointestinal tract: cause abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, flatulence and dysbiosis. Some antibiotics may cause impaired renal and hepatic function. When the first signs of side effects appear, the drug should be stopped and consulted with a doctor.
How to properly treat otitis with antibiotics: a list of effective drugs
Otitis in an adult has an infectious nature, this is the main criterion in choosing a therapy. Antibacterial drugs are prescribed on the basis of the results of the sowing tank, their choice is formed based on the age of the patient, the stage of the disease, its localization. The main goal of such treatment is to eliminate the cause of inflammation, to prevent irreversible changes in the hearing organs, to exclude the spread of pathogenic microflora in the body.
Otitis: types and symptoms
Zalozhennost and noise in the ears - the characteristic signs of otitis
Inflammatory processes, localized in any of the structures of the ear, have a common name - otitis. It can occur in the outer, middle or inner part of the organ, have an acute or chronic stage.
- External otitis can be independent or be a consequence of chronic purulent inflammation of the middle ear. The outer auditory canal is affected, the furuncle is often observed. Pain occurs when the jaw is stressed - chewing, talking.
- The cause of inflammation of the middle ear are bacteria, by penetration for which the nasopharynx serves. Less often the cause of infection is the rupture of the tympanic membrane.The acute stage of the disease begins with congestion, sensation of noise in the ears.When the symptoms of acute otitis increase, there is a sharp pain, the body temperature rises. The pain continues to intensify, gives in the teeth, jaw, neck. By this time, blood tests show obvious signs of inflammation. Perforation of the tympanic membrane occurs and the suppuration of their ear begins.
- Labyrinth occurs as a result of a bacterial infection or micro-injury. Its characteristic features include dizziness, imbalance. Hearing is reduced strongly, until complete deafness.
Any pain in the ear is an occasion to visit the doctor. Do not engage in self-medication at home, as most otitis require specific antibiotic therapy.
How to cure purulent otitis in babies, you can understand reading the article.
Any foreign matter introduced into the auditory can lead to an exacerbation of the disease, making the bacteria immune to the drug.
Use of antibiotics
Treatment of otitis media is always a complex of measures. In the presence of exudate or purulent separable hygienic ENT procedures are required. External inflammation is treated with alcohol compresses, ear drops.
Types of drugsAntibiotics have a different form of release. In some cases, inflammation can be eliminated by applying only external means - drops and ointments. Ease of use allows for outpatient treatment.
The tableted form of medications for the treatment of otitis is justified when the patient's average state severity, he can adequately take medicines, has no serious problems with the gastrointestinal tract, chronic somatic diseases.
Reception of antibiotics in the form of injections is prescribed in the severe stage of the disease, when fast and effectively stop the inflammatory process, as well as to minimize the side effects medicines.
The choice of the form of the medicine is carried out by the attending physician! Only on the basis of anamnesis and laboratory studies can you judge the effectiveness of a particular remedy.
After reading this article, you can understand how to effectively treat otitis media and what medicines need to be taken.
The most popular antibiotics
The standard of medical care recommends:
Azithromycin is one of the most frequently prescribed antibiotics for otitis
If the otitis is accompanied by a fever, marked by an inflammatory process, staphylococci or streptococci are detected in bacteriological culture, and first-line preparations are prescribed - penicillins.They kill bacteria, affecting their shell. Trade names: Amoxicillin, EcoBall, Hiconcil, Flemoxin, Gonoform. If the otitis is chronic or the treatment does not bring results, amoxicillin together with clavulanic acid is prescribed (Augmentin, Amoxiclav).
What are the symptoms of acute otitis media, you can understand by reading this article.
When the action of penicillins is unsatisfactory, cephalosporins with a similar mechanism of action on bacteria are used. From this group of antibiotics for the treatment of otitis take drugs II and III generation, since IV and V are "heavy artillery used for very persistent infections. Trade names: Ceftriaxone, Azaran, Biotrakson, Mediakson, Rocefin, Zinacef, Zinnat, Ketocef, Proxim.
Macrolides are used either when the listed drugs have not helped, or in combination with them.Drugs affect the proteins of microorganisms, stopping their reproduction. Trade names of medicines: Azithromycin, Azitral, Azitrox, Sumamed, Sumamox.
As a means for external use a solution of antibiotics (Levomycetin, Normaks, Tsipromed), combined preparations containing glucocorticoids (Garazon, Anauran) are used.
How is treated bilateral acute catarrhal otitis media, you can learn from this article.
Do not use antibiotics without a doctor's recommendation! It is important to consider the patient's allergic sensitivity to the action of the drug. Systemic antibacterial agents are used only when it is impossible to establish an agent of otitis media.
Indications for useWith external otitis antibiotics may not be necessary. If the boil is opened in time and the infection does not get inside, you can limit yourself to compresses and ointments.In most cases, the intake of antibiotics is limited to instillation of the ears.The same measures can be taken in the case of a slight otitis media of the middle ear. But if the patient has weak immunity, there are serious chronic diseases that contribute to the long course of the disease, then antibiotic therapy is indispensable.
In the case of pregnancy or lactation, a thorough weighing of benefit and harm is practiced. If there is a threat of spread of infection, the onset of critical consequences, then taking antibacterial drugs is necessary. All of them penetrate the placental barrier and enter the breast milk, so in each specific case the most effective and safe preparation is selected.
How the external otitis treatment is treated with drops and which ones specifically, you can learn from this article.
Rules for the use of antibacterial drugs
The antibiotic of any group has instructions for use, which must be followed impeccably!The dosage of the drug is determined by the attending physician. It depends on the causative agent of the disease, its severity, weight, height and age of the patient. A "shock dose" is prescribed only in the first 72 hours. If there was no relief, then you should change the form of the introduction. The duration of the medication is determined by clinical analysis, only with the onset of a stable remission is possible a change in the tactics of treatment. Most often, antibiotics are used for 7-10 days.
During treatment, you should carefully monitor the manifestation of side effects. If they arise, inform the doctor about it. Often they are minor and do not require a change of treatment, but in some cases, a dose adjustment or a change of the drug is required. It is important to monitor liver and kidney function.When changing in laboratory tests, it is urgent to change the tactics of treatment.
The article lists the names of ear drops in otitis, which are the most effective.
Antibiotics belong to a group of conflict medications, so you need to carefully study what they do not combine. Instructions for use contain a list of medications that should be limited or excluded. But there is often no indication of taking antibiotics and alcohol, dairy products and some juices.All penicillins are "afraid" of milk. Their joint reception leads to the fact that calcium does not allow the pills to "open up" in time and they pass through the digestive tract, without providing the required action.All antibacterial drugs are afraid of acid. Juices, vinegar and dry wine are destructive to them.
Consequences and complications of the diseaseOtitis requires serious attitude. Not only is the disease itself unpleasant, it makes a person incapacitated for at least 10 days, so it still has a lot of negative consequences.
Deafness is the number one cause of complications.The ear has a complex structure with a multitude of cavities and transitions, the inflammatory processes in which lead to a disturbance in the perception of sounds. Inadequate treatment, the refusal to take antibiotics can develop mastoiditis (inflammation in the temporal bone), which often affects the jaw and salivary glands.
The most dangerous consequence of otitis occurs when an untreated infection penetrates the meninges, causing meningitis, hydrocephalus, and encephalitis.
How the treatment of Adhesive otitis with folk remedies can be understood by reading the article.
When should the otitis be treated with antibiotics? Detailed answer in the video:
What antibiotics for otitis media are most often used in children in the article.
To antibacterial therapy in otitis should be treated as inevitable. These are the same medicines as many others. Under the supervision of a doctor, given the indications and contraindications, you can choose a suitable tool that will successfully cope with the problem and not harm the body.Taking antibiotics "not on business as well as not treating otitis at all - is the way to serious complications.