Macroben is an antibacterial drug that is part of the macrolide group of drugs. It is available in the form of coated tablets and granules for the preparation of suspensions.
When used, Macropen is active against Gram-positive (Corynebacterium, Staphylococcus, Listeria, Clostridia, Streptococcus) and Gram-negative (bacteroids, hemophilic rod, campylobacter, helicobacter, moraxell) to microorganisms, intracellular pathogens (legionella, chlamydia, ureaplasma, mycoplasma).
Clinical and pharmacological group
Antibiotic group macrolides.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much does Macropean cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of300 rubles..
Form of issue and composition
The drug "Macropen" (the analogue of the remedy will be indicated below) is produced in two different forms. Let us consider them in more detail.
- Macropen tablets. The instruction says that this form of preparation has a white color, a round and slightly biconvex form with oblique margins. On one side of the tablets there is a notch. The active element of such a drug is medecamycin. As auxiliary substances are used polucrilin potassium, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate and talc. This form of the drug "Macropen its analog (like "Azithromycin") are sold in blisters, which are placed in packs of cardboard.
- Granules intended for the preparation of a suspension (ingested). The drug does not contain visible impurities, has an orange color and a light aroma of banana. The active substance of this form is medecamycin acetate. Also, the medicament includes such auxiliary elements as methylparahydroxybenzoate, mannitol, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium saccharinate, citric acid, silicone defoamer, anhydrous sodium hydrophosphate, hypromellose, banana flavor and colorant yellow. The medicine is contained in bottles of dark glass. They are placed in a pack of cardboard and have a dosage spoon in the kit.
Macroben in low doses has a bacteriostatic effect, in large - bactericidal. The antibiotic effect of the drug is due to the suppression of protein synthesis in bacterial cells. Active active substance, midecamycin, forms reversible bonds with the 50S subunit of the ribosomal membrane of bacteria.
Suspension and tablets Macroben are a broad-spectrum antibiotic, the effectiveness of which extends to gram-positive microorganisms: staphylococci, producing and not Producing penicillinase, streptococci, listeria, clostridia, corynobacteria; Gram-negative microorganisms: helicobacter, moraxell, campylobacter, bacteroids, hemophilic rod; intracellular microorganisms: ureaplasma, mycoplasma, chlamydia, legionella; resistant to erythromycin Gram-negative rods: Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, as well as Salmonella spp, Shigella spp and others.
When administered orally, the active ingredient is rapidly and completely absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. The drug is concentrated mainly in the focus of inflammation, as well as in bronchial secretions and in the skin. Excretion is carried out mainly by the liver.
Indications for use
Infections caused by microorganisms that are sensitive to the drug:
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues;
- Infections of the genitourinary system caused by Mycoplasma spp., Chlamydia spp., Legionella spp. and Ureaplasma urealyticum, including nonspecific urethritis;
- Infections of mucous membranes, including enteritis caused by Campylobacter spp;
- Infections of the respiratory tract and nasopharynx (bronchitis, tonsillitis, pneumonia, acute otitis media, sinusitis, sinusitis, frontalitis).
According to the doctors, Macropen is effective for the treatment of trachoma, brucellosis, legionnaires, gonorrhea, syphilis, scarlet fever, diphtheria, pertussis, erysipelas. Also, this drug is prescribed to patients who are allergic to penicillin antibiotics.
Foreign and domestic analogs of "Macrofena as well as the drug itself is not recommended for:
- sensitivity to midekamycin;
- severe hepatic insufficiency;
- at the age of up to three years (only for tablets).
Use in pregnancy and lactation
Application of Macrofene during pregnancy is possible only if the intended benefit to the mother exceeds the potential risk to the fetus.
Meadecamycin excreted in breast milk. When using Macropene during lactation, breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Dosage and route of administration
The instructions for use indicate that the tablets and the granulated suspension of Macropen are taken orally, before meals.
The suspension is prepared by dissolving the contents of the vial with 100 ml of distilled or boiled water. The suspension is usable for 7 days at room temperature and 14 days for storage in the refrigerator. Before each reception it should be shaken well.
The dose and period of application is prescribed by the attending physician on the basis of clinical indications.
Recommended dosing for Macropen tablets:
- Patients weighing more than 30 kg: 1 tablet 3 times a day, the daily dose for adults should not exceed 4 tablets;
- Children weighing up to 30 kg: the appointment of a daily dose is made at the rate of 20-40 mg per 1 kg of the body weight of the child with a frequency of intake 3 times a day, or 50 mg per 1 kg of weight in 2 divided doses. For the treatment of severe infections: 50 mg per 1 kg of body weight in 3 divided doses.
The daily dose of Macropen suspension for children is prescribed at the rate of 50 mg per 1 kg of the child's weight and is taken in 2 divided doses using a measuring spoon.
A single dose of suspension has weight limitations:
- Children weighing up to 5 kg - per, 5 ml;
- From 5 to 10 kg - on, ml;
- From 10 to 15 kg - 10 ml each;
- From 15 to 20 kg - 15 ml each;
- From 20 to 30 kg - 2 ml each.
The course of treatment is 7-14 days, for chlamydial infections - 14 days.
The daily dose of Macrofene for the prevention of diphtheria is determined from the calculation of 50 mg per 1 kg of the patient's weight and taken in 2 divided doses. Duration of therapy is 7 days, then it is recommended to carry out a control bacteriological study.
Prevention of pertussis is carried out during the first 14 days after contact with the infected at a dose of 50 mg per 1 kg of weight per day, the course of treatment - 7-14 days.
Against the background of the Macropen tablets, the following side effects were noted in patients:
- Violations of the nervous system (general weakness).
- Various allergic reactions (increase in the number of eosinophils, skin rashes, urticaria, skin itching, bronchospasm).
- Disorders of the digestive system (inflammatory processes in the oral cavity, nausea, decreased appetite or complete loss of it, vomiting, digestive disorders, increased activity of liver enzymes, heaviness in the stomach, jaundice, prolonged diarrhea in severe form).
With an increase in the recommended dose and prolonged use of the drug in patients, development of symptoms overdoses, which are expressed in the intensification of the above-listed side effects and inhibition of liver function and kidney.
If a large number of tablets are accidentally ingested, the patient should rinse the stomach as soon as possible and give enterosorbents. If necessary, symptomatic treatment is performed.
As a rule, if the recommended dose is observed, cases of drug overdose are very rare.
Before you start using the drug, read the special instructions:
- Mannitol contained in granules for the preparation of a suspension can cause diarrhea.
- With prolonged therapy, hepatic enzyme activity should be monitored, especially in patients with impaired hepatic function.
- As with any other antimicrobial drugs, with prolonged therapy with Macropen, excessive growth of resistant bacteria is possible. Prolonged diarrhea can indicate the development of pseudomembranous colitis.
- If there is an allergic reaction to the reception of acetylsalicylic acid, the azo dye E110 (dye sunset yellow) can cause an allergic reaction up to the bronchospasm.
When using the drug, it is necessary to take into account the interaction with other drugs:
- Macropen does not affect the pharmacokinetic parameters of theophylline.
- With the simultaneous use of Macropen with cyclosporine, anticoagulants (warfarin), slowing down the latter.
- With the simultaneous application of Macrofene with ergot alkaloids, carbamazepine, their metabolism in the liver decreases and serum concentration increases. Therefore, with the simultaneous administration of these drugs should be careful.
We picked up some reviews of people taking the drug Macropenus:
- Natasha. The drug is good, but the antibiotic is especially individual, I have two children of the same age, we often get sick, the doctor constantly prescribes Macroben. Helps perfectly, children with pleasure take suspension, taste banana ...)
- Alexandra. I have tried many different antibiotics for my life and all the time some jambs were, then side effects, it just did not help. Last year, a new doctor prescribed with a laryngitis Macropen. Prepared as always for the worst, but was very surprised when in 4 days I felt much better with no side effects nebylo! Thank you doctor for the drug!
- Tatyana. For a long time I could not get rid of the sinusitis, which passed into a chronic form. Initially, she took medicine, which was advised by her friends, but the relief was short-lived, in 2-3 days everything returned. Appealed to a specialist who prescribed Macropen. After two weeks of therapy, I began to breathe freely.
The drug has no structural analogs for the active ingredient.
Analogs of Macropen on the pharmacological group are drugs:
- Sumamed and other drugs;
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep the medicine in a dark place, protected from moisture and inaccessible to children, at a maximum temperature of 25 degrees. Shelf life of tablets and granules in unopened form - up to 3 years.
The prepared suspension can be kept in a refrigerator in a closed bottle for up to 14 days, and up to 7 days at room temperature.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.