Barley on the eye - a common disease of the eyelids, accompanied by an acute purulent inflammatory process in the hair bulb of the eyelash or adjacent to it a slice of meibomian gland. Typical symptoms are redness, swelling, marked pain of the eyelid. The reason for the development of inflammation is bacterial infection, and to put it more precisely, it is Staphylococcus aureus. The disease usually occurs against the background of weakening immunity, as a result of hypothermia, chronic avitaminosis and other related diseases (colitis, gastritis, diabetes, etc.). Barley is not contagious in nature.
- 1Definition of disease
- 3.2Folk remedies
Definition of disease
Barley is the pathology of the eyelid.The disease is an acute purulent inflammation that affects the hair bulb of the cilium.Localization of education from the edge of the century or on its inner part.
In official medicine, barley is called "gordoleum."
The inner and outer barley causes Staphylococcus aureus - it affects the glands, and they stop perform their natural functions, that is, protect the eye from exposure to the sun, high and low temperatures.But only the infection is not enough - it is necessary that the body is weakened (low immunity, hypothermia, lack of vitamins, the presence of concomitant systemic diseases of a chronic nature).Also, barley can occur after the transferred infections, caused by furunculosis, demodicosis. From one person to another it is not transmitted, but rubbing the affected eye is strictly not recommended - otherwise the infection can spread throughout the body.
A visual inspection is sufficient for the diagnosis of barley. Symptoms of the disease include:
- edema, redness of the eyelid;
- pain and characteristic itching;
- the appearance of dense education(there may also be several) in the form of a pimple with an abscessed purulent part and pronounced inflammation of the skin surface;
- the expiration of particles of necrotic tissues and pus after the autopsy of a purulent abscess(normally it occurs on the 3-5th day of the disease);
- symptoms of general intoxication of the body like general weakness, headache, fever, lymph nodes(they are rare, but they can not be completely excluded).
Treatment of barley should be adequate and timely. The hardest thing is to spend it at the last stage - when symptoms of general intoxication of the body appeared.
The treatment of barley can be medicated, surgical or carried out using folk remedies. Let's consider all the methods in more detail.
Most often barley is treated precisely medicamentously.In the early days of its appearance, the swelling should be treated with greenery, iodine, calendula tincture or ethyl alcohol.To accelerate the maturation of education, you can use UHF or a blue lamp. Both methods can be used only if the patient has no temperature. Also, until the disease finally passes, you will need to use antibacterial drops (to choose from or on the advice of a doctor):
- Levomycetin - 1-2 drops of the drug solution are instilled three times a day from 5 days to 2 weeks.
- Zipromed - solution is injected directly into the conjunctival sac three times a day for 5 droplets, the medicine should be warm (do not put it in the refrigerator).
- Floxal - 1 drop drop into the conjunctival sac from 2 to 4 times a day. It is necessary to treat only a sick eye, the duration of treatment should not exceed two weeks.
Throughout the time of development (from appearance to aging), barley is used antibacterial eye ointments - they are laid with strips 1 cm long at the lower eyelid of the diseased eye 2-3 times a day.The course of treatment, as a rule, does not exceed two weeks. The main drugs are Floxal, Tetracycline, Hydrocortisone.
If the drug treatment does not give the desired results (there are relapses), you need an additional use immunomodulating drugs or adaptogens, vitamins, often patients are prescribed a yeast or autohemotherapy.
Folk remedies for barley treatment should be treated with caution, but if used correctly, you can expect good results.If possible, consult a doctor before starting therapy. The most popular recipes:
- Compresses with infusion of fennel- Take 2 tablespoons of raw materials for a glass of boiling water, warm in a water bath for a quarter of an hour, cool and use.
- Compresses with glazing- 2 teaspoons ocharki fill with a glass of boiling water, insist, filter and make compresses for half an hour.
- Aloe- Clean the fresh leaf of the plant, grind it, fill it with a glass of water (cold), put it overnight in a cold place. After straining the infusion obtained is used for lotions.
- Chamomile- a tablespoon of dry herbs pour a glass of boiling water and insist a day in a cold place. Apply to the eyelids cotton swabs or disks soaked in a decoction.
- Carrot juice and butter- in equal proportions take oil castor oil, dog rose, sea buckthorn and fresh carrot juice. The resulting mixture, lubricate eyelashes several times a day.
All compresses are done 3 to 6 times a day, they hold for 10-30 minutes.
Surgical treatment is resorted to in extreme cases - for example, if barley under the eye is very large or its treatment is folk, the medicamental method does not work.The doctor punctures the formation with a special needle and establishes drainage. If the surrounding cilia tissue is infected, the doctor can remove the hairs.Do not perform these procedures on your own, do not pierce or squeeze out barley.
The main measures of barley prevention are proper personal hygiene and attention to one's own health.Infection is most often entered with dirty hands, through a towel and other objects, and also by a blood stream, if the focus of staphylococcus is directly in the body.So timely treat infectious diseases, strengthen immunity and avoid hypovitaminosis.
To reduce the risk of developing barley on the eyelid, consume enough vitamins A, C, B group. This is especially important in the winter and in the spring, when the body is exhausted.
Set up food - in the diet there should always be vegetables, fruits, greens, dairy products.The most useful vegetative food - citrus, currant, radish, tomatoes, cowberry, sweet pepper, apples, peas, leafy vegetables. We also recommend to fall in love with cheese, eggs, cottage cheese, butter, sour cream, liver, caviar and sea fish.If the problem has already made itself felt, ask for medical help to avoid the development of complications - keratitis, phlegmon, conjunctivitis, orbital abscess.
Barley occurs as a result of the activation of infection - Staphylococcus aureus. He can get into the eye from the outside or be inside the body. Most often, the disease makes itself felt when the body is weakened. Methods of treatment of barley - folk methods, medicamental, surgical. The main prevention measures are adequate personal hygiene and attention to health in general.