- Why does pain appear?
- Diseases that cause stomach pain in a nursing mother
- The lower abdomen hurts
- What should nursing mother do?
- Related Videos
Pain in the abdomen worries both children and adults. Do not ignore the side and nursing mothers. The problem in this case is aggravated by the fact that not all medications are allowed to use during this period. Postpartum changes in the body, stress, lack of sleep, violation of diet - all this and more can cause abdominal pain during lactation.
Why does pain appear?
Discomfort in the epigastric region with gv may appear for a number of reasons:
- stressful state. Experiences of nursing mothers can provoke excessive production of gastric juice, which includes hydrochloric acid. It is this acid that has an irritating effect on the mucous membrane, which is fraught with the development of an inflammatory reaction and the appearance of soreness;
- gastric emptying. During pregnancy, due to the growing uterus, the organs move slightly, and after the delivery the condition may become even worse. Such a change causes pain;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases of the digestive system: gastritis, gastroduodenitis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis;
- muscle pain. Heavy labor can provoke pain in the muscles, which is easily confused with pain in the stomach;
- convulsions. They are also called postnatal fights, resulting from a decrease in the flow of blood to the uterus;
- violation of diet. Limiting certain foods and increasing others can lead to digestive problems.
In some cases, discomfort in the stomach is associated with impairments from other organs and systems: inflammation of the kidneys and adrenal glands, pleurisy, intervertebral hernia, metritis, inflammation of the small intestine.
Pain in the stomach in a nursing mother can be the result of overeating
To begin with, we will identify the symptoms that require urgent medical care:
- redness around the seam after caesarean section;
- intense pain;
About digestive tract disorders say the following symptoms: discomfort, heaviness, vomiting, heartburn, belching, constipation or diarrhea, weakness, malaise, change in appetite. The expert evaluates all these symptoms, as well as the nature of pain.
Diseases that cause stomach pain in a nursing mother
Why does the stomach ache during breastfeeding? The doctor will be able to answer this question after the survey. Let's talk about the most common diseases, which provoke uncomfortable sensations.
Omission of the stomach causes pain in the epigastrium of the aching or dull character. Usually, discomfort occurs after eating and is lying down. Sometimes soreness occurs in the lumbar region. The ingestion of food provokes raspiranie and heaviness in the stomach, nausea and eructation.
Therapeutic physical training strengthens the ligament apparatus, which is responsible for keeping the stomach in place. A woman is recommended to do gymnastics or swimming. A special role in the treatment of omission is played by respiratory gymnastics, which should be carried out under the supervision of a specialist. As an auxiliary therapy are used and folk techniques, for example, infusion of yarrow and wormwood.
Inflammation of the gallbladder causes dull pain on the right side, which gives into the scapula and arm. Women complain of a burp with bitter aftertaste, nausea and vomiting, general malaise, fast fatigue, drowsiness, fever.
When cholecystitis a woman is extremely important to follow a strict diet. In difficult cases, a two-day fast is prescribed. In the future it is important to observe fractional food. Food is best cooked steamed or stewed and baked. Take food in a warm form, cold dishes will only increase discomfort. Compliance with the drinking regime plays an important role.
Pain in the abdomen with breastfeeding can occur due to inflammation of the gallbladder
Gastric pain has a pulling cramping character. Women are also concerned about nausea, vomiting, belching, heartburn, and upset of the stool. In some cases, the doctor may recommend interruption of feeding. If the pain is moderate and does not affect the general condition of the woman, then in this case the problem can be eliminated without interrupting the feeding.
When gastritis woman is recommended to take food that envelops the mucous membrane of the stomach and does not irritate the body. In the inflammatory process, one should eat porridge on the water, buckwheat porridge, jelly, vegetable ragout, etc. Mineral water can normalize the acidity of the stomach. With increased acidity recommended to take Borjomi, with reduced - Essentuki.
Pain at the top of the abdomen with inflammation of the pancreas is a burning and bursting nature, which is unbearably bearable. Vomiting does not bring relief. In the diarrhea there are remnants of undigested food. Violated the general condition of a woman, the body temperature rises.
The lower abdomen hurts
The postpartum period in each woman is different. Sometimes there are pains in the lower abdomen, which can greatly frighten a woman. Short and mild discomfort is considered a variant of the norm. If the pain does not go away for a long time and brings unbearable discomfort, this can not be tolerated.
Let us highlight the most common causes of pain in the lower abdomen:
- active production of oxytocin can cause cramping pulling pains. The hormone stimulates the contractile function of the uterus so that the organ returns to its former forms;
- irritation of the nipples during lactation further stimulates the production of oxytocin. Active reduction of the uterus causes a new wave of pain;
- the remains of the placenta in the uterus can provoke pain that does not subside within a month after delivery. Adherent particles provoke the formation of blood clots and decay. The problem can be solved with the help of surgical intervention, along with which antibacterial therapy is prescribed;
- endometritis. Most often occurs after caesarean section. Surgery can cause infection in the uterus. In addition to pain, there are spotting with impurities of pus, and the temperature also rises. To cope with the inflammatory process will help complex treatment, including such drugs: antibacterial, desensitizing, detoxifying, restorative;
- salpingo-oophoritis. Inflammation of the appendages provokes pulling pains in the lower abdomen;
- peritonitis. Inflammation of the abdominal cavity causes unbearable pain and high fever;
- displacement of vertebrae. In this case, the pain gives to the spine. Unpleasant sensations can disturb a woman for a long period of time and increase with physical exertion.
Pain in the lower abdomen can be caused by inflammation of the appendages
What should nursing mother do?
In the period of breastfeeding mothers are not allowed all drugs that are usually used to stop the pain. This is due to the fact that the active ingredients of medicines penetrate into breast milk, and then into the children's body.
Treatment differs depending on the provocative cause of the pain. If the whole matter lies in digestive disorders, a woman is given enzymatic means.
If the pain is accompanied by heartburn and acidic eructation, this indicates an increased acidity of the stomach. In this case, enveloping and antacid preparations will help. Along with drug treatment, a woman should normalize food.
If the pain in the abdomen caused constipation, the lavatory effect will help the rhubarb root, buckthorn bark, senna leaves, bran, anise and castor oil, flax seeds. Flatulence is another cause of discomfort. Increased gas formation can cause malnutrition, for example, abuse of fried potatoes, black bread, milk, vegetables.
To combat the pain caused by flatulence, help infusion on the basis of cumin, dill seeds or chamomile flowers. Dilute oil and fennel oil are able to reduce gassing. To restore the water-salt balance, it is necessary to drink enough natural water. This will also be a good prevention of constipation.
Separately, I want to say about the pain after cesarean section. The operating seam can cause discomfort. Analgesics are prescribed to relieve the pain syndrome, which will not harm the baby. Also, along with anesthetics, stimulants for uterine contraction are prescribed.
If, in addition to pain, red stitch after caesarean section, then be sure to see a doctor
Very often, after cesarean section of women, flatulence is disturbed. Because of surgery, the digestive system is disrupted. In addition to adherence to the right diet, women are encouraged to do self-massage in a clockwise fashion. Also, do not overly regret yourself, motor activity will help to get rid of increased gas production faster.
If you have had a cesarean section, then at the time of feeding, put a pillow over the seam. Within two months after childbirth is forbidden intimacy. In the first week after surgical intervention, the seam should be treated with antiseptic solutions.
Pain in the abdomen of a nursing mother occurs for physiological and pathological reasons. If discomfort lasts during the first week after childbirth, then, most likely, this is a variant of the norm and a sign of natural contraction of the uterus. At the same time, the pain has a pulling cramping character that can be tolerated.
Do not engage in self-medication, only a specialist will be able to identify the true cause of abdominal pain and prescribe the right treatment. Follow the diet, perform special exercises to reduce the uterus and try to follow the recommendations of the doctor. Early treatment for qualified help will help to avoid serious complications and keep health!