Sprays for the nose from sinusitis
Treatment of sinusitis (inflammation of the paranasal sinuses) is long and unpleasant if it is necessary to apply punctures of the sinus wall. Usually, not one, but 3-4 procedures are carried out. Despite local anesthesia with lidocaine, the puncture is quite sensitive, but the patient is so exhausted by headaches and the lack of nasal breathing that agrees. The further depends on skill of the doctor-otolaryngologist.
The puncture of the maxillary sinus allows to purge the purulent contents, rinse the nasal cavity, inject anti-inflammatory agents directly instead of inflammation.
Appeared on the pharmaceutical market of medicinal spray from sinusitis, allowed to review the tactics of patients with sinusitis. Such novelties as Sinuporte, Polidex and Chinese spray quickly became popular in prescriptions of doctors
Useful properties of spraysNasal drugs should not only have certain qualities, but also be easy to use, penetrate deep into the nasal passages. These requirements are fully consistent with the form of the sprays. Patients are easily trained in the rules of use, the nozzle of the vial is injected conveniently and deeply disperses the drug. The advantage of this form before tablets is the absence of an effect on the stomach. By the mechanism of action on the mucosa, all sprays from sinusitis can be grouped together.
The use in the treatment of these drugs (rinofluimucil, otrivin, galazolin, ximelin, vibrocil) leads to:
- to the removal of edema;
- recovery of nasal breathing;
- Release of the opening of the maxillary sinuses and purification of the focus of inflammation.
A negative property is the ability of this group to dry out the mucous membrane, cause addiction, increase blood pressure in hypertensive patients.
These drugs do not heal, they wash the moves, remove toxins from the nose, so they are used in complex treatment, in combination with antibiotics, hormonal drugs. By chemical composition are sterile sea water (saline, marimer, morenazal, aqua maris).
They do not have contraindications, therefore they can be used for a common cold associated with sinusitis, in pregnant women and for treating children.
Spray of thinning action
They are also called mucolytics, because the presence of enzymes allows you to change the density and viscosity of the contents of the sinus, that when combined with other drugs improves the cleansing of the nose in sinusitis (sinuporte, sea water). Sinuforte - one of the newest preparations, is made on a plant basis of cyclamen extract. It does not replace antibiotics and other anti-inflammatory drugs, it does not have the ability to kill bacteria.
Sprays containing antibiotics
Their active drug substance produces a bactericidal effect on microorganisms that caused sinusitis (isofra, polidex, bioparox). Such a spray from sinusitis is used only for the doctor's prescription, treatment course. Polidexa besides the antibiotic includes vasoconstrictor. Therefore, its effect is most effective. You can not discontinue use on your own. Allergic reactions are possible.
Applied in the following cases:
- unsuccessful treatment by other means;
- protracted course of the disease;
- purposefully used with a pronounced allergic component in the development of sinusitis;
- with accompanying polyps in the nose.
Therapy only on the advice of a doctor. They have a strong anti-inflammatory effect, remove the swelling of the mucous membrane (nazoneks, nasobek, fliksonaze, baconase). However, these drugs do not affect a viral and bacterial infection, such as polydex. And do not dilute the contents of the sinuses, as Sinuphoe. Some patients complain of burning sensation when inserted into the nasal passage.
In the pharmacy you can find many varieties of sprays.
For various forms of sinusitis it is recommended to combine sprays from sinusitis with different mechanism of action. An example is the combination of polydex and sineforte or marimer, polydex and sinuporte. With such a complex effect, the effect is achieved much faster.
How to choose a spray in the nose from sinusitis?
Applying a spray in the nose from sinusitis, a person injects into the respiratory canal a medicine that reduces the irritation of the mucous membrane. A spray from a genyantritis can be used separately or together with injections, tablets or ointments. Aerosol medicines, namely, this group includes a nasal spray, can be divided into two types: Removing symptoms or significantly facilitating their remedies and completely eliminating the disease antibiotics.
Spray from sinusitis: the main types
From the above groups to the first one can include such drugs for the treatment of sinusitis, which have the following properties:
- Irritated vessels narrowed.
- Moisturize the nasal mucosa.
- Medicines based on corticosteroids.
- Sprays with antibiotic.
For ease of use, the spray from sinusitis has special nozzles. They are needed to accurately dose injected into the nasal cavity of the drug and its uniform distribution over the surface of the mucosa. Nasal aerosols affect only the respiratory channels and have no other effect on the human body.
Remedies that narrow the blood vesselsThe medicine that forms the basis of such a spray, getting on the mucous membrane of a sick nose, instantly narrows the vessels passing there. This reduces the rate of mucus formation and retracts swelling. But, despite the effectiveness of such drugs, they are not without a drawback: there is a disruption of nutrition by the blood of the nasal shell, the mucous surface dries. At the same time, blood vessels become brittle and easily damaged. Such sprays can not be used for more than 6-7 days in a row, and they are not recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers. There are no other side effects of such means.
To increase the therapeutic properties of the composition of aerosols are administered antihistamines. This combination removes swelling and allergic irritations. Such vasoconstrictive sprays are used:
- Vibrocil - causes drowsiness, so it is recommended to use it before going to bed.
- Aerosols of Dr. Tays - created on the basis of plants. They include eucalyptus oil, which contains components that kill germs.
- Pinosol - in its composition there are essential oils that restore the nasal mucosa.
Means that moisturize the internal surfaces of the nasopharynxTheir main component is sterilized sea water. Such drugs do not affect the vessels and do not fight microbes. Their effect is based on the liquefaction of mucus and the removal of bacteria and allergens from the nose. Such aerosols include microelements, which have a restoring effect on the basic functions of the nasal cavity. Such drugs can not cure the disease, but relieve some symptoms. They have no contraindications, and therefore they are allowed to be used in the treatment of pregnant women and infants. This category of medicines includes:
Mucolytics and their work when exposed to the nasal mucosa
To successfully combat the disease, it is necessary to thin the mucus and remove it from the body. Sprays that perform such actions are used in conjunction with other medicines.
They act on the nose in this way:
- There is a cleaning of the body and the restoration of normal breathing. There is a drainage of the sinuses to maintain proper gas exchange.
- There are normal conditions for the effect on the mucous surfaces of the nose of drugs that remove edema.
This is how the sprays of Rinoflumucil and Sinuphorte are affected. The latter is based on the cyclamen tubers.
But these drugs have contraindications and side effects. When using them, the following problems may occur:
- Short reddening of the face.
- Severe lacrimation.
- Burning in the nose and throat.
- If the spray accidentally got into the eyes, then there will be a strong irritation of their shells.
It is forbidden to use mucolytics to pregnant women and nursing mothers. They are not recommended for children under 11 years old.Contraindicated in the reception of such sprays to people who have high sensitivity to individual elements of the aerosol or are prone to allergies.
Preparations based on corticosteroids
This group of drugs fights inflammation of the nasal mucosa by affecting some cells of the immune system. Often, use of such sprays is not recommended. They are needed for exacerbation of the disease for a short period. They are appointed in such cases:
- The patient is not helped by medicines from other groups.
- The patient has pronounced swelling in the mucous surfaces.
- Polyps are found in the nose.
The drug is prescribed if the symptoms of maxillary sinusitis in the patient last no more than two months and are chronic or have an allergy. Corticosteroids relieve the symptoms of the disease, but they can not cure the bacterial or viral type of sinusitis. They have such side effects:
- The patient complains of burning in the mouth immediately after using the spray.
- Dryness of mucous surfaces arises.
- There is a bad taste.
- In rare cases, bleeding from the nose is possible.
- With prolonged use of corticosteroids, immunity decreases, which makes it possible to multiply bacteria and fungi.
The most popular sprays from this group are Nasobek, Baconase, Nosonex, Fliksonase. They can only be used as prescribed by doctors. For pregnant women, they should be used with caution. They are contraindicated for children under 5 years.
Sprays with antibiotic-based ingredients
They are used in chronic or acute forms of the disease. They do not enter the esophagus and can not damage the microflora of the stomach. Usually used in conjunction with other drugs. The most popular spray is polydec with phenylephrine. It has elements for vasoconstriction and corticosteroids. This drug actively fights with the pathogens of sinusitis and has anti-inflammatory properties, relieves swelling.
The preparation is made in the form of a fine aerosol and can penetrate into the most deaf places in the upper respiratory tract. A similar effect is possessed by Isofra, which can be successfully used to combat viral antritis and its fungal form.
But such sprays have negative properties:
- May be addictive. It is possible to reduce the diameter of the vessels of the nose.
- Causes an allergy.
- In case of pressure changes, the patient may experience bleeding.
Basically, these drugs are safe and effective. Their action eliminates complications of sinusitis.
For the right choice of the right remedy, it is best to consult a doctor.
Drops from sinusitis: a reliable tool in the fight against the diseaseEveryone who has encountered a disease such as sinusitis, knows how many inconveniences this disease brings with difficulty in breathing.
Real salvage in this situation will be good drops of sinusitis.
Due to its active vasoconstrictive action, preparations for instillation into the nose will help reduce edema mucous membrane of the nose and expand the space of the nasal passages, which will make it much easier to breathe.
It is recommended to use drops from sinusitis at the very beginning of the disease for relief of various exacerbations. Use these drugs for more than 5-6 days is extremely undesirable, because the body quickly adapts to them, and can become addictive.
What kind of nasal drops to choose for sinusitis?
This disease can occur for a variety of reasons, which is why you should not start treatment for sinusitis yourself.
Before you look for drops for the nose with sinusitis, you need to seek help from an otolaryngologist, who will prescribe a regimen of treatment, based on information obtained during a comprehensive examination of the patient.
The use of drops from sinusitis can only improve the patient's condition for a short time, however, to really heal, you need to get rid of the cause of the disease, rather than its external symptoms.
There are certain rules for the use of drops for the nose in sinusitis:
- The time of application of any drops from sinusitis and sinusitis should not exceed six days, since these drugs can be addictive.
- In no case should one do self-medication for genyantritis! The process of treatment should be under the supervision of an experienced specialist - this will help to avoid the transfer of the disease into a chronic form.
- Do not be afraid of the treatment of genyantritis with antibiotics. As practice shows, the use of antibacterial drugs in many cases saved patients from surgical intervention.
It is important to know
If the drops prescribed by the doctor do not bring relief after the first application, you should stop taking the medication and consult with your doctor about correcting the treatment regimen.
Before applying nasal drops for sinusitis, it is recommended to carefully and gently wash the nasal cavity with a mild solution of sea or iodized salt.
If the attending physician prescribes vasoconstrictive drops in combination with antibiotics from maxillary sinusitis, first use a vasoconstrictor and then only the main drug.
Should I use the drops in the nose with genyantritis with an antibiotic?
Many people distrust the use of nasal drops in the nose with genyantritis with the antibiotic that is part of the drug, especially when it comes to treating children. However, for any fears there is no reason, since the concentration of antibiotic in such preparations is too small to have a harmful effect on the microflora of the body.
Droplets in the nose with genyantritis with antibiotic is not recommended for patients in the following cases:
- If the patient has a weakening of blood flow due to severe swelling of the nasal mucosa. In this situation, antibiotics for sinusitis will be ineffective.
- If the patient has developed the addiction of the body to the drops in the nose of antibacterial effects.
In these cases, potent drugs that do not contain antibiotics, such as Rhinofluucimil or Sinuphorte, are prescribed.
When are sprays prescribed for maxillary sinusitis?Medicines for sinusitis are also available in the form of sprays.
Sprays for a nose with an antibiotic are applied at a genyantritis exclusively at complex treatment.
The main distinguishing feature of sprays with genyantritis from medications is that they almost do not accumulate in the blood plasma and do not affect the intestinal microflora, while at the same time effectively destroying the bacteria in the inflammatory focus.
As a rule, sprays at a genyantritis on the basis of antibacterial active substances appoint in a complex with preparations of group of corticosteroids, such as Phenylephrine and Polideks. These drugs can not only dilute mucus, but also eliminate edema, while suppressing inflammatory processes.
Among the most famous sprays on the basis of antibiotics can be called such drugs as Isofra and Bioparox.
The first of these drugs rather gently affects the body, while safely eliminating the causes of the disease. He has a non-aggressive effect, but successfully copes with the causes of the disease.
The second, as a rule, is used in the treatment of genyantritis caused by pathogens of bacterial or fungal breed. This drug is able to effectively eliminate foci of inflammation, even in the most inaccessible areas of the nasal cavity.
Despite of indisputable advantages, sprains at a genyantritis possess also a number of by-effects:
- The use of sprays can lead to injury to the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity, which, in turn, leads to a decrease in the protective functions of the nasal sinuses.
- The action of the active substance can cause rapid addiction of the body.
- Under the action of antibiotics, which are part of the sprays, the walls of the vessels of the nose are gradually thinner, leads to periodic hemorrhages from the nose that occur during sudden changes in pressure.
In order to avoid the various complications associated with the use of sprains during sinusitis, you should remember the basic rules for the use of these medicines:
- Sprays are recommended to use only when the nose is completely impossible to breathe.
- Regular change of drugs helps to reduce the likelihood of getting used to the active substance, therefore it is desirable to purchase several types of sprays at once.
- Treatment with only sprays does not lead to a positive result - it is necessary to use complex therapy.
It should be borne in mind that properly selected medications will help to speed up the cure, in while self-medication can only lead to an increase in inflammation and the development of other diseases.
Nasal drops with genyantritis with antibiotic, antihistamines, for lavage
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the maxillary sinuses. The disease is accompanied by swelling of the nasal mucosa, resulting in overlapping exits for cleaning sinuses from accumulated mucus. Bacteria that cause inflammation begin to multiply actively, provoking a deterioration in the general condition of a person.
Signs of sinusitis in adults - high fever can arise, severe headaches, a sense of smell, nasal congestion, photophobia, lacrimation. There is a feeling of stiffness and pain in the affected sinus.
Treatment of sinusitis in adults
First of all, it is necessary to create a good outflow of pus from the inflamed sinuses. And also to suppress the infection in the lesion - the maxillary sinus. The full course of treatment of sinusitis takes from 2 to 8 weeks, the started process is more difficult to treat.
- Genyantritis treatment with antibiotics: Here the most important is to choose the right antibiotic, the choice of which is based on the definition sensitivity, otherwise therapy with an antibiotic may not be effective, and the healing process will be prolonged. Effective: Sumamed with genyantritis (azithromycin), Amoxiclav (or Augmentin), Cephalosprosins of 3rd generation, etc. If intoxication is pronounced, then antibiotics are prescribed intramuscularly. With signs of sinusitis, immediately consult an otolaryngologist who will prescribe the appropriate treatment.
- With a severe pain syndrome, physicians perform a lavage of the paranasal sinuses, as well as if there is an abundant secretion of pus.
- To enhance the effect can be prescribed treatment of sinusitis with a laser.
- In chronic processes in the sinuses, they resort to puncture, or puncture of the sinuses. Then wash the sinuses with an antiseptic and inject antibiotics.
- Physiotherapy is also an effective method of treating sinusitis - a good effect is produced by UV, UHF, solux, and dynamic currents.
What are the best uses of drops in the nose if you have sinusitis?
Nasal drops with antibiotic: Treatment of sinusitis can be supplemented with topical use of antibacterial agents. The pharmaceutical industry is now rich in various sprays and means for instillation into the nasal cavity containing antibiotics.
- Isofra with genyantritis, the average price of 170 rubles.
- Polidex with phenylephrine, the price in pharmacies is 370-450 rubles.
- Sinuforte from sinusitis - an auxiliary, cyclamen extract, is not an antibiotic, but a fairly effective drug, the price is 1400-1500 rub.
Vasoconstrictor drops in the nose: their use facilitates nasal breathing and restores the natural drainage of the sinuses. With their help instantly removed the swelling of the nasal mucosa and the purification of the sinus of the nose is facilitated. Use them only for 5 days, as there is a risk of atrophy of the nasal mucosa.
- Nazivin - the price of 90-120 rubles.
- Fornos - the price of 70-80 rubles.
- Galazolin - the price of 30-40 rubles.
In the case of allergic sinusitis, antihistamine therapy is indicated.
- Cetirizin-price 240-260 rubles.
- Loratidine - the price of 15 rubles.
- Allergodyl - drops of an average of 320 rubles, a spray of 430 rubles.
How to properly drip into the nose. First, it is necessary to clean the nasal passages from mucus, it is better to use:
- Aqualor - spray 320 rub.
- Dolphin with sinusitis - a device and sachets of a mixture for cleaning the nose, the price ranges from 200 to 350 rubles.
- Quicks - spray, the price in pharmacies is 280-320 rubles.
Then drip vasoconstrictive drops and only then instill drops in the nose from the sinusitis, containing antibiotic or antihistamines. It is necessary to drip only lying on its side, to dig in that nostril, which is located from below. Turning to the other side immediately does not follow, it is necessary to lie down for a while, so that the drops fall into the affected sinuses, only then drip into another nostril and also lie down for a few minutes.