Diagnosis of chronic cystitis is made when symptoms of the disease in women are held for more than two weeks, and relapse repeated several times a year.Because of anatomical features, cystitis often occurs in the female sex - in fact their short urethra facilitates the pathway to bacterial infections.
Chronic cystitis can occur latent, with alternating exacerbations and remissions or with a constant symptomatology. Diagnosis is based on the results of urine tests, vaginal microflora in women, STDs, urinary ultrasound, cystography, cystoscopy, endovascular biopsy.
In women with chronic cystitis, antibiotic treatment, correction of hormonal and immune status, microcirculation processes, local therapy and prevention of exacerbations, according to indications - surgical interventions.
What it is? Chronic cystitis occurs in the presence of diseases of the urinary tract present in the patient or other pathologies that lead to infection and inflammation of the vesicle wall.
At the same time, factors contributing to the development of the disease are:
- deterioration of the protective properties of the epithelium of the papular wall, provoked by the presence in the organism of the patient of foci of chronic infection;
- incomplete emptying of the bladder cavity during the micturition;
- presence of tumoral neoplasms, stones, polyposis sprouting and diverticulum in the vesicle cavity;
- prolonged disturbance of urinary outflow;
- violation of hygiene requirements.
The most common cause of chronic cystitis is the lack of timely and professional treatment of acute inflammation of the vesicle wall.
Symptoms of chronic cystitis
When a woman suffers from chronic cystitis, she can have only one of the symptoms, because the disease is in a latent state.
Let's list the main signs of chronic cystitis:
- pain during urination (dysuria), which may be accompanied by a burning sensation in the urethra;
- frequent urination in small portions;
- pain in the suprapubic region;
- urinary incontinence (usually in people of adulthood);
- unpleasant smell of urine.
A woman should be attentive to the above symptoms. If she finds one or more of them, she needs to seek advice from a specialist. After all, diseases of the urinary system often provoke diseases of the reproductive system. And this is very undesirable for all women, especially nulliparous.
Chronic cystitis and pregnancy
If the chronic cystitis was in the patient before pregnancy, then during pregnancy, the probability of exacerbation of this disease is high. This is because during pregnancy, the defenses of the body decrease and there is pressure on the bladder from the side of the fetus.
When treating this condition, it is necessary to select such drugs from chronic cystitis, which do not have a teratogenic effect.
For the prevention of chronic cystitis in the first place, it is necessary to carefully treat acute disease without interrupting the course of antibacterial agents. In the presence of concomitant diseases of both the pelvic organs and the body as a whole, their therapy should be addressed in full and on time.
Be sure to dress for the season, eat well, lead a healthy lifestyle and not have the habit of restraining the urge to urinate when there is a urge.
Treatment of chronic cystitis
In each case of chronic cystitis treatment in women should be selected taking into account the symptoms and clinical picture of the disease. The therapeutic process itself for this disease includes:
- Etiologic (aimed at eliminating the cause of the disease);
- Pathogenetic (elimination of manifestations);
- Preventive treatment.
The first involves the use of medical drugs in the treatment of chronic cystitis in women. The main role in this is given to antibiotics, the selection of which is carried out on the basis of the bacteriological study performed with the establishment of the pathogen.
The greatest sensitivity against urogenital infection have preparations of the group of fluoroquinolones (Ciprofloxacin, Gatifloxacin). Indispensable in the treatment of urogenital infection are nitrofurans (Furomag, Bactrim).
Pathogenetic treatment is aimed at normalization of immune and hormonal disorders, improvement of blood supply of the bladder, correction of hygienic skills and sexual contacts.
The right drinking regimen, perhaps, is no less important component, without which it is impossible to treat cystitis. A sick person should take as much fluid as possible. In a day you need to drink at least three to four liters of fluid.
To get rid of chronic cystitis during the period of exacerbation, in addition to all the listed measures, it is necessary:
- bed rest;
- sufficient volume of liquid to be drunk;
- salt-free diet;
Chronic cystitis occurs against a background of reduced immunity, so a woman needs to strengthen it in all sorts of ways.
There are several very effective recipes of traditional medicine, which also very effectively fight with chronic cystitis. However, remember that all these recipes can only serve as a supplement to the basic treatment prescribed by the doctor.
- Remove the pain will helpflowers cornflower, licorice root and bearberry leavesin a proportion of 1: 1: 3. All ingredients grind and pour 0.2 liters of boiling water, let it brew for half an hour. After this, strain and drink on a tablespoon 5 times a day before meals. You can make infusion of the following herbs: chamomile, flax seeds, eucalyptus, yarrow, clover, medicinal lover.
- Acceptdecoctions of cranberry leafcan be six or more months, because there are no side effects. One st. Spoon the leaves with boiling water (200 ml) and drink after cooling down to 0.5 st. before meals 3-4 times a day.
- For preparationcalendula infusionplace three tablespoons of broth in a thermos and pour one cup of boiling water. Insist for a day. Then strain the infusion with gauze cloth. A sick person should drink this broth every morning, on an empty stomach, half the glass. The duration of this course of treatment is 2 weeks. For the duration of treatment, it is necessary to abandon the use of black tea, even in small quantities.
- Roots and green parsley- 1 tsp. finely chopped roots and stems put in a thermos, pour a glass of boiling water, stand for 2-3 hours; take the broth in small sips one hour before each meal;
Each recipe needs to be approached judiciously, evaluating its potential benefits and contraindications for a woman.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.