Angiopathy of the retina is a change in the neural regulation of the vessels of the ocular membrane, leading to their paresis (i.e., relaxation) or spasm.As a result, the processes of outflow and inflow of blood are violated, and the visual function suffers. In the absence of adequate treatment, the retina becomes thinner, in certain places there may appear gaps, detachments, necrotic processes develop.On the types, features of the disease, the causes of its occurrence, symptoms and basic methods of treatment, read on.
- 1Definition of disease
- 2Types and Classifications
- 5Possible complications
- 7.1Medication Therapy
- 7.3Folk ways
Definition of disease
Angiopathy of retinal vessels is called pathological changes in capillaries and blood vessels, caused by a disorder of the nervous regulation of the vascular tone, a difficult inflow or outflow of blood in lumens.Pathology develops as a result of the progression of diseases affecting the retinal vessels. It is diagnosed during the examination of the fundus.
Angiopathy of the retina of the vessels of both eyes often develops as a result of injuries to the cervical spine or when the vessels are squeezed.
The disease is dangerous because it entails a malfunction in the eye, disturbs its nutrition.As a result, the existing problems (myopia, hyperopia, dystrophic changes, etc.) are progressing, visual acuity is falling, the picture becomes clouded. Angiopathy of the retina of both eyes is most often diagnosed in people over the age of 30.
Types and Classifications
Modern medicine distinguishes the following types of retinal angiopathy:
- Hypertensive- it is a consequence of hypertensive disease. Arteries on the fundus in this case are narrowed unevenly, veins are widened, spotted hemorrhages in different parts of the eyeball are noted. In advanced stages of hypertensive angiopathy of the retina, the modification of retinal tissues begins.
- Diabetic- pathology develops in the absence of adequate treatment of diabetes mellitus. The main types are macro- and microangiopathy. Microangiopathy is the thinning of the walls of the capillaries, which leads to hemorrhage into adjacent tissues, to disturbances in the processes of the general circulation of blood.
- Hypotonic- accompanied by a significant expansion of the arteries, expressed by the pulsation of the veins. In hypotonic angiopathy of the eye, the vessels have a twisted form.
- Traumatic- this disease develops as a result of injuries to the cervical spine, brain, or strong squeezing of the chest.
The treatment program should be prescribed strictly in view of the form of the disease.
Retinal angiopathy results from:
- progressive cervical osteochondrosis;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- disorders in the work of the nervous system, which is responsible for the normal tone of the vascular walls;
- blood diseases.
In the elderly, angiopathy is diagnosed most often, and in people younger than 30 years of age it is rare.
In the risk group, smokers, people working in hazardous industries, patients with diabetes mellitus.The congenital anomalies in the structure of the vascular walls, the general intoxication of the organism, autoimmune systemic vasculitis play a role in the development of angiopathy.
Symptoms of angiopathy are the same for all forms. It:
- lightning and flashes before the eyes;
- blurred image, shroud;
- fog in the eyes;
If you find any suspicious symptoms, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
The main complications of retinal angiopathy- glaucoma, hemorrhages in the cavity of the eye, blindness. Do not run the problem - start treatment on time.
Angiopathy of the vessels of the retina is characterized by violations of the lumen of the vessels - they can wriggle, narrow, expand, fill with blood, which the doctor determines during the examination.The main technique of the study is the scanning of vessels by ultrasound.If you need to assess the patency of capillaries, the doctor introduces an X-ray contrast substance. The most expensive and accurate method of research is MRI (it shows the condition of the soft tissues of the eye).
Treatment of angiopathy of the retina of both eyes is carried out with the use of special medicines, folk methods, surgically.
When angiopathy shows the use of blood circulation improving drugs - it's Vasonitis, Trental, Emoxipin, etc.They normalize the capillary blood flow. With increased fragility of the vessels, calcium dobesilate preparations are often prescribed - they dilute blood, improve circulation and increase the degree of permeability of the vascular walls.
Physiotherapeutic methods (acupuncture, laser irradiation, etc.) can be used in combination with drug treatment.
In the case of hypertensive angiopathy, one can not do without normalizing blood pressure, as well as lowering the level of cholesterol - so the patient is prescribed a diet with a low carbohydrate content.Patients with diabetes show moderate physical activity, improving the cardiovascular system and hematopoiesis.
Surgical treatment is used in severe forms of angiopathy - for example, in the presence of risks of detachment of the retina.The main methods are laser coagulation, the introduction of a drug in the vitreous humor, which inhibits the growth of new vessels and relieves edema.
Traditional methods of treatment of retinal angiopathy are almost never used in its pure form, but can provide quite good results in complex therapy. You can always eat inside:
- infusion of fennel seeds;
- infusion of cumin seeds and a cornflower's stalk;
- fresh parsley juice;
- ashberry tea;
- currant tea.
Quite good results give cleaning vessels of collections - from chamomile and St. John's wort or yarrow and birch buds. Take the herbs in equal proportions, pour boiling water and insist for a quarter of an hour. Then cool, filter, dilute with water and take it twice a day - before bedtime and in the morning on an empty stomach.
Prophylaxis of the development of pathologies of the retinal vessels is to observe the following points:
- Maintaining normal vision hygiene.
- Normalization of blood pressure (above 140/90 mm Hg. it should not be lifted).
- Regular check of the level of capillary glucose(they need to be held twice a year).
- Sufficient motor activity, proper nutrition.
- Passage of maintenance therapy in diabetes mellitus, hypertension, osteochondrosis twice a year.
Angiopathy of the retina is not even an independent disease, but a symptom of systemic changes in the vessels. Therefore, both treatment and prevention should be comprehensive.
Angiopathy - changes in the nervous regulation of the vessels of the retina, leading to their paresis (relaxation) or spasm. The processes of inflow-outflow of blood are violated, as a result of which the visual function suffers. The lack of timely treatment is fraught with the development of dangerous complications, such as retinoschisis. The main methods of therapy of angiopathy of the retina are medicamentous, surgical, using folk recipes.