From this article you will learn: what is VSD by mixed type, how it manifests itself. Difficulties in diagnosis, treatment methods and prognosis.
- The causes of this pathology
- Methods of treatment: medicines, physiotherapy, lifestyle
Vegeto-vascular dystonia( VSD) is a complex of symptoms from various organs and systems that appear against the background of a disorder of their regulation by a vegetativenervous system. At the moment, the VSD is not included in the international classification of diseases, therefore it is considered not a disease, but a complex of symptoms.
It can develop in three different types: hypotonic, hypertonic and mixed:
- VSD hypotonic type develops with increased parasympathetic tone of the autonomic nervous system. The main symptoms of this type are: low blood pressure, a rare pulse, sweating.
- On the hypertonic type - with the predominance of sympathetic activity. This type is manifested primarily by high blood pressure, rapid pulse, emotional excitability, anxiety.
- By mixed type - in the disturbance of the work of both parts of the autonomic nervous system. This type of VSD is characterized by a combination of the symptoms of the two previous varieties, irregular blood pressure, a tendency to vegetative-vascular crises in both types.
VSD with severe manifestations and frequent exacerbations( crises) significantly affects the patient's quality of life and its ability to work. The disease is characterized by chronic course and resistance to treatment. It is possible to get rid of pathology, only radically changing the way of life. Effective and long-term drug treatment of the VSD at the moment does not exist.
If you have vegetative-vascular dystonia, first contact the therapist. Your treatment in the future will deal with a neurologist. Also, the cardiologist and gastroenterologist will participate, depending on which symptoms of which organ system are more pronounced. You will help and the therapist, if the VSD arose against the background of psychoemotional disorders. You may need to consult a nutritionist to adjust the nutrition plan, as well as a sports doctor who will advise you what types of physical activity you should do.
Causes of this pathology
The exact causes of this disease have not yet been studied.
Doctors have established only that the risk of developing VSD increases with hereditary predisposition, wrong lifestyle, emotional imbalance, frequent stress.
It is also proved that the stress and anxiety of the mother during pregnancy can lead to vegetative-vascular dystonia in children.
Often for the first time, the IRR is making itself felt in adolescence. It is explained by such factors:
- Hormonal reorganization of an organism in connection with puberty.
- Frequent conflict situations.
- Instability of the psychoemotional sphere.
- Increased intellectual load in school.
- Lack of physical activity.
MZD mixed type may occur in adulthood. People with an unstable nervous system are subjected to this."Trigger hook" to the appearance of the disease can become:
- frequent stress;
- work more than 8 hours a day;
- chronic lack of sleep.
People who are engaged in intellectual work suffer more from the VSD, as they are constantly in conditions of increased mental stress and a sedentary lifestyle.
Also the risk of developing VSD is increased in women:
- In the first years after childbirth due to postpartum depression, constant lack of sleep and lack of proper rest.
- In middle age due to climacteric hormonal changes, a tendency to depression during this period.
Characteristic symptoms of
Pathology is accompanied by signs from different organ systems. One patient may have several as well as all the syndromes listed in the article.
Each of the organ systems can exhibit one, two, three, and more symptoms. In some patients, they are stable( the same signs often make themselves felt), others - often changing for others.
These are symptoms from the cardiovascular system.
For VSD in a mixed type are characterized by:
- Pain in the region of the heart of a piercing or aching nature. Appear after stress. The heart reacts to physical activity normally.
- Blood pressure jumps, meteorological dependence( rising or falling BP in weather change).When the pressure rises, there are pains in the head, "flies" before the eyes. With lowering - weakness, dizziness, blurred vision.
- Pulse volatility: periodic acceleration or slowdown. Arrhythmias( extrasystoles, tachycardia attacks).
- Pathological enlargement or narrowing of capillaries. The first is manifested by reddening of the face, a feeling of heat. The second is pallor, a tendency to freeze.
These are manifestations of vegetative-vascular dystonia from the gastrointestinal tract.
Patients often complain of heartburn, abdominal pain, hiccoughs, nausea, flatulence, constipation and diarrhea, excessive or insufficient saliva formation. Symptoms increase with emotional stress.
It is associated with vascular weakness and impaired blood circulation in the brain.
It affects almost all patients with VSD.
These are headaches, noise or ringing in the ears, decreased performance, drowsiness, dizziness, sometimes - fainting.
Symptoms from the respiratory system
With VSD of any type, the following may appear:
- sensation of incomplete inspiration;
- feeling of chest tightness, need to take a deep breath;
- intolerance of stuffy rooms and transport;
- shortness of breath;
- cough in the absence of infectious diseases.
Disorders of microcirculation and metabolism in tissues
They appear due to the weakness of small capillaries, increasing their permeability. Manifestations:
- Swelling of extremities.
- Pale or cyanotic fingers of the feet and hands, mucous membranes, tip of the nose, ears.
- Pain in the muscles.
- Fingers of fingers.
- Less often - small cramps.
Thermal regulation irregularities
Unusual increase or decrease in temperature, excessive absorption of sweat.
Symptoms from the genitourinary system
There can be only one sign - frequent urination.
Symptoms of the psychoemotional sphere
They appear with any type of VSD.The spectrum of symptoms is large, several of the following symptoms can manifest themselves: mood swings, irritability, increased excitability, panic attacks, fears, anxiety, suspiciousness, a tendency to look for symptoms of various diseases, fatigue with physical and intellectual stress, sleep disturbances, tearfulness, "digging in yourself ", self-blame, inability to make decisions independently, apathy.
Crises in vegetative-vascular dystonia
VSD in a mixed type can be accompanied by vegetative crises both in hypertonic type( sympathoadrenal crises) and in hypotonic type( vagoinsular crises).
The crisis can be triggered by severe stress, intellectual overload or unusual physical activity.
Symptoms of crises in the IRR:
|Sympathoadrenaline||Vagoinsular||Vigorous headache||Heat in the body|
|"Shivers" in the legs and hands||Heaviness in the head|
|Coldness in the limbs||Asphyxiation|
|Increased pressure( up to 150 / 90-180 / 100)||Dizziness|
|Rapid pulse( 110-140 per minute)||Weakness|
|Pain in the heart||Sweating|
|Anxiety||Low blood pressure( 80/50)|
|Pupils may dilate||Rare heart beat( up to 50 per minute)|
|Rarely does the temperature riselot to 39 degrees||may taper|
|pupils sometimes appear diarrhea or false desires to|
bowel In mixed type can manifest as these crises individually crises and mixed with a combination of different symptoms.
If a crisis occurs, call an ambulance, as this may be a manifestation of other diseases, and poisoning by various substances.
The disease is diagnosed when the pathologies of the internal organs to which the patient complains have not been identified, but the symptoms are present.
It is important to distinguish VSD from:
- hormonal disorders, especially on the part of the thyroid gland;
- cardiovascular disease;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- infectious diseases;
- neurological disorders;
- mental illness: a hypochondriacal disorder, a simulated disorder.
For this patient, the endocrinologist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist, therapist, neurologist, psychiatrist are examined.
The examination includes ultrasound of the organs to which the patient complains, general and biochemical blood tests, ECG, fibrogastroduodenoscopy( probe), MRI of the brain.
Patients with mixed type MI are prescribed symptomatic medication to eliminate disturbing symptoms.
- To improve blood circulation in the brain, apply Cinnarizine, Cavinton.
- For the stabilization of the heart with increased heart rate and increased blood pressure - sedatives such as Corvalol, Valeriana.
- Under pressure, vitamin C preparations, ritin-based medications, vitamin K, vitamins of group B.
- For the correction of psychological symptoms with increased excitability, anxiety, irritability, it is recommended to take tranquilizers: grandaxin, phenazepam, gidazepam. Or natural sedatives: St. John's wort, valerian.
- In case of apathy, antidepressants may be used. With increased fatigue - nootropics( Fenibut, Piracetam).With sleep disorders - sleeping pills.
All these medicines allow you to get rid of the symptoms, but can not completely cure the VSD.
From physiotherapy procedures are effective: massage, physiotherapy exercises, water procedures.
To get rid of vegeto-vascular dystonia forever, change your lifestyle this way:
- Move more. If you have a sedentary job, get up every 10 minutes every hour. Run or do exercises in the morning.2-4 times a week, visit the fitness club, swimming pool or sports section.
- . Be in the fresh air more often. Walk in the evenings or in the mornings. On weekends, leave the city.
- Tempered. Take a contrast shower. This will help strengthen the vessels.
- Avoid stressful situations. Find a hobby that soothes you( it can be yoga, drawing, knitting, photography, listening to music, playing a musical instrument, etc.).
- Work no more than 8 hours a day and sleep at least 8 hours a day. Do not work in the night shift.
- Eat well. Do not allow the appearance of excess weight.
- If you often have low blood pressure, eat enough sugar. But do not abuse the sweet.
- Give up all bad habits.
To prevent the occurrence of an AVR, follow these guidelines on an ongoing basis.
The prognosis for the disease depends entirely on how much the patient can completely change his lifestyle.