Effective recipes for cough and lemonAll citrus fruits contain many useful substances. But the leading position among them is lemon. This fruit is often added to tea or coffee, giving them a special taste. It is also an effective tool for the treatment and prevention of cough. There are several recipes using this fruit, thanks to which you can prepare tasty and useful medicines.
Cough lemon, why is it useful?
Vitamin C, contained in these citrus, allows to strengthen the weakened immunity of the disease. Thanks to this, the body begins to fight infection or cold bacteria faster, which means that the process of recovery from cough and accompanying symptoms is faster.
In addition, they contain essential oils that positively affect the blood vessels of the brain, so that the headache quickly passes.
Treatment of cough lemon
Lemon for cough treatment can be used in its pure form. In order to feel relief, it is enough to drink tea with this fruit or eat flesh and zest, sprinkled with sugar. But there are also more complex and more effective recipes:
- The most famous recipe for cough with lemon consists of only two ingredients. It includes the citrus and honey itself. To prepare this medicine you need two lemons and six tablespoons of honey. Citruses need to be cut in half and remove from them bones. Grind fruit is best in a blender, after cutting them into small pieces. In the resulting mass should be added honey and mix thoroughly. You need to store this medicine in the refrigerator. Take it during the day with tea or just like that.
- Another recipe for cough with lemon involves the use of a decoction of this fruit. To make it, you need to take half a lemon, a tablespoon of dried mint leaves and a clove of garlic. Boil a half cup of water in a saucepan, add crushed garlic to it, squeeze out lemon juice and pour on mint. Cook the drug under the lid for no more than five minutes. A strange taste of this medicine can be masked with a couple of teaspoons of honey. Take the resulting broth in half a glass three times a day.
- With strong attacks of cough and sore throat, you can also cure citrus. To do this, it is enough to add five teaspoons of lemon juice to a glass of warm boiled water.
Remember that all of the above recipes are effective only if they are combined with medication, which the doctor must prescribe.
Folk recipes: glycerine and citric lemonQuite unexpected, but very effective folk remedy for cough is glycerin. This drug is sold in all pharmacies and has a fairly low cost. Glycerin from a cough is not taken in its pure form. Recipes from it also include such useful products as lemon and honey. In a complex these ingredients give a truly miraculous effect. They help to reduce the intensity of sharp spastic exhalations or even completely remove the unpleasant symptom caused by:
- Inflammation of the lungs.
Such a folk remedy is treated not only by adults. Many mothers share on the forums about how they could manage to cough their babies, using folk recipes with these ingredients.
It should be noted, however, that whatever admiration for such a means of other people, in each case it is necessary to approach the reception of the composition individually, and for this it is absolutely necessary to consult a doctor.
Popular folk recipes from cough based on glycerin and lemon
There are several options for preparing medicinal mixtures based on these ingredients.
Recipe with glycerin from cough # 1:
- Squeeze out the juice from 1 fresh lemon fruit.
- Add glycerin in the amount of 2 tablespoons.
- Stir the mixture well.
- Add a few spoons of honey.
The folk remedy made according to this recipe, very well helps to cope with severe bouts of respiratory tract spasms.
A recipe for cough with glycerin No. 2:
- Within 10 minutes, boil 1 lemon on low heat.
- Cool it and squeeze it.
- To the lemon juice add two tablespoons of glycerin and half a glass of any flower honey.
- Stir the mixture well.
Such a folk remedy very well helps in the treatment of chronic cough.
To get rid of chest spastic exhalations in a composition prepared according to any of the recipes described above, it is recommended to add fat or radish.
How correctly to use means on the basis of glycerin and a lemon at symptomatic treatment of a cough?
To get rid of reflex spasms of the respiratory tract, the preparations prepared according to the folk recipes mentioned above must be correctly applied:
- If the cough is severe, then it is necessary to drink 6-8 times a day for 1 spoon (for children - for tea, for adults - for a canteen).
- If the unpleasant symptom is not too intense, then it is sufficient to reduce the intake of glycerin with lemon up to 2-3 times a day.
- If the reflex spasms of the airways are not allowed to sleep, then the medicinal composition must be drunk before going to bed, and then in the middle of the night.
Keep the mixture in a dark cool place, but not in the refrigerator, but before use, always shake.
Benefits of compositions from coughs made on the basis of glycerin and lemon
The positive therapeutic effect of some folk remedies is very difficult to overestimate. This directly applies to glycerin-lemon formulations from cough. The reception of these mixtures has a triple effect:
- Softens the throat, irritated by constant reflex spasms.
- Destroys bacteria and harmful microorganisms.
- Supplies a large amount of vitamin C in the body.
In addition, the composition has a pleasant taste, so with the help of such a popular method it is easy enough to cure cough not only in adults, but also in children. All components are easy to get, they are available for free and are inexpensive.
Precautions when using cough for folk remedies based on lemon, glycerin and honey
Although all the ingredients that make up the above-mentioned recipes are natural, nevertheless before using them it is recommended:
- Be sure to consult a doctor.
- Check if there is an allergic reaction to the ingredients.
There is also a small list of limitations and contraindications. You can not use honey, glycerin and citric lemon:
- Children up to a year old.
- With pathologies of the gallbladder.
- If at the time of coughing, mucus is discharged from the blood, or it is green or yellow.
- At elevated temperature.
- With shortness of breath and breathing with noises and whistles.
Recipes with ginger for effective treatment of cough of various kinds
The root of ginger has long been known throughout the world for its extraordinary healing properties. It is used in folk medicine of many countries as a remarkable anti-inflammatory and immunostimulating agent.
Properties of ginger
The most effective root in the treatment of respiratory diseases. Being an excellent ingredient for a number of recipes, it actively helps in the treatment of this type of disease.
Means for coughing with ginger originate from Indian medicine. Therefore, most recipes have a rather pleasant and unusual taste.
Ginger has a lot of useful properties, among which is:
- Anti-inflammatory property, which is one of the most important in the fight against diseases.
- Immunostimulating - for the time of taking medicines based on ginger, the body's natural strengths increase significantly.
- Antibacterial - when consuming ginger kills a number of bacteria in the mouth, and not only.
- An expectorant property is the means used in the form of hot drinks. This is especially important for the treatment of a damp cough.
Recipes with ginger from cough
Ginger is widely used for cooking various recipes. In addition, it is very useful, the root has a pleasant enough and at the same time a specific taste, which makes it possible to use it in a fairly wide range of dishes.
Ginger tea from cough
To make tea, you will need:
- The root of ginger - 2 tablespoons.
- Lemon ndash; a couple of slices.
- Honey - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Mint - 1 pinch.
Ginger with lemon from cough
A wonderful remedy for a protracted dry cough is ginger with lemon. To make it, you need to take in equal proportions lemon juice, fresh grated root and honey. The first two ingredients must be mixed and allowed to stand for about two hours. After that, pour the resulting mixture with three proportions of boiling water, put the honey and stir. Take the drug need tea spoons 1-2 times per hour.
Ginger with milk from cough
This recipe is an excellent remedy for the treatment of a productive (wet) cough. It helps to make phlegm more fluid and promotes its comfortable elimination. Unlike tea, it is best to add dried root. To prepare milk with ginger, you need the following ingredients:
- Milk whole - 0.5 liters.
- Ground ginger root - 1 tsp.
- Honey - 1 tbsp.
- Spices (turmeric) - to taste.
Milk warm up without bringing it to a boil. Add the ground root and mix well. Then add honey and spices. Use recommended before bedtime.
Ginger syrup from cough
To calm a strong, debilitating cough, you can cook syrup from ginger. To make it, you do not need a lot of ingredients, and the result will be great.
100 gr. sugar must be dissolved in one glass of water. Put on a fire and bring to a boil. After that, add 2-3 tablespoons of fresh grated, or 1 spoonful of dried root and cook until lightly thickened. In the finished product can put spices to taste. Use as necessary as a normal syrup.
Preparing funds based on this plant, you will undoubtedly get an effective cough medicine, rich in vitamins and amino acids. The effect of their administration is noticeable almost immediately, and without harm to the body.
Honey, lemon, glycerine from cough
Cough as a symptom can manifest itself with more than a thousand different diseases. It can be both cold and flu, and more severe diseases - pneumonia, tuberculosis, lung cancer, etc.
Before you start to heal, you need to establish the cause of the cough. In some, uncomplicated cases, in addition to the main treatment, medicinal preparations prepared according to folk recipes are used. So, for example, a mixture of honey lemon and glycerin perfectly helps cough.The recipe for cooking
To prepare this composition, you will need a minimum of products and a small amount of time. So, let's start:
- Lemon thoroughly rinse and puncture in several places, place in boiling water.
- After five minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- After the lemon has cooled down, squeeze juice using a citrus juicer.
- Pour the resulting juice into a 250 ml container.
- Add to the lemon juice 20-25 ml of pharmacy glycerin. This is approximately 2 tablespoons.
- Stir and add the honey until the container is full. It is better if it is fresh and liquid honey.
- Mix again and allow to stand for 2-4 hours.
The recipe with honey lemon and glycerin is suitable for treatment of both adults and children. But, it should be borne in mind that in the treatment of a child, the dose of the formulation taken is reduced by half. A single dose for an adult is one tablespoon.
Take a mixture of honey glycerin and lemon from a cough should be on an empty stomach, 20-30 minutes before meals or two hours after.
With a strong cough, the number of medications taken from honey, glycerin and lemon can be increased to 5-7 times a day. With residual cough after a cold, take the mixture 2-3 times a day.
In addition, if you are concerned about frequent coughing attacks with bronchitis, you can prepare an "emergency" version of the mixture. For this it is enough to scald the lemon with boiling water and, grinding it on a blender, mix with a tablespoon of glycerin and a tablespoon of honey.
This recipe has a triple effect on the body:
- Lemon saturates the body with vitamin C, enhancing immunity.
- Honey has antibacterial and antiviral effect.
- Glycerin softens and moisturizes the inflamed throat tissue.
Lemon and glycerin mixed with honey should be taken with caution to people with diseases of the stomach and gall bladder.
Also, this remedy is categorically contraindicated in the presence of allergic reactions to any of the ingredients.