Treatment of a cold in pregnancy - 2 trimesterNasal congestion, mucus secretion, puffiness - all this leads very many people out of order, not to mention women in the situation. And if you can select a drug in the usual state with the help of a pharmacist pharmacist, then treatment of the common cold in pregnancy in the 2nd trimester, however, as well as at other times, requires a doctor's consultation. In this period it is very important to remember that you need not only to recover, but also not to harm your baby.
Treatment of a runny nose in pregnant women in the 2nd trimester with folk remedies
Before using medication, try the folk medicine recipes:
- Warming.This will rest the nasal glands and facilitate breathing. For this procedure, you need a hot-water bottle or something hot, for example, salt heated in a frying pan and wrapped in a rag bag, or hard boiled egg. These items must be applied to the nasal sinuses and warmed them for 5 minutes.
Inhalation.To treat a cold at pregnancy in 2 trimester it is possible both warming up, and inhalation. If there is no special device for this procedure, it is recommended to make a home inhalation: boil the potato peel, drain the water, and add a few drops of various oils with antibacterial action: eucalyptus, tea tree, calendula, etc., and in the absence of such, use Vietnamese balsam "An asterisk". Breathe deeply through the nose, and the way out through the mouth. The session time ranges from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinsing of the nasal sinuses.This procedure treats the runny nose during pregnancy, not only in the 2nd trimester, but also in others, very effectively. To do this, you need to prepare a solution: a glass of boiled water takes a teaspoon of salt and a pinch of soda. Bowing his head to one side from the tip of the teapot is poured liquid into one of the nostrils. Through the other, it should pour out, thus providing a washing out of pathogenic bacteria and disinfection. However, do not forget that in this way the runny nose in the second trimester of pregnancy can be treated only for those women who have there is experience, because an incorrect procedure can lead to bad consequences, and this in this situation allows it is impossible.
Than to treat a rhinitis at pregnant women of 2 term?
The most common medications that can be used in this situation are as follows:
- Aquamaris.This is one of the most innocuous drugs that can be used in pregnancy. The composition of drops and spray includes sterile sea water, salt, iodine ions, etc. This drug perfectly moisturizes the nasal sinuses, reduces swelling and facilitates breathing.
- Pinosol.These drops can be used in pregnancy in the 2nd trimester of the common cold to every woman, if there is no allergy to its components. The drug belongs to the group of homeopathic and contains oils of pine, eucalyptus, mint, etc. Pinosol can be used for inhalation.
So, what to cure a runny nose during pregnancy, both in the 2nd trimester and at another time, is a question that should be addressed to the therapist. At this time it is very important to apply such treatment that would fully correspond to the correctly diagnosed diagnosis.
How to cure a runny nose during pregnancy: the best advice of doctors
How to cure a runny nose during pregnancy, interests almost every woman who has ever faced this problem. Nasal congestion during pregnancy is as common as an unpleasant phenomenon. The very condition of pregnancy is usually associated with a mass of all kinds of disruptions in the state of health, and there still a constant rhinitis with which it is difficult to struggle, because to the expectant mother almost all usual means of treatment are contraindicated.
The article lists the best drops from the common cold, as well as the peculiarities of their application.
The most common causes of a cold in pregnant women are colds, allergic conditions, polyps or hormonal disruptions.
Features of treatment of common cold in pregnant women
Nasal washing is an approved method for treating a common cold in the early stages of pregnancy
During this period, drops are used that can restore free breathing. However, many of them at this stage are categorically contraindicated, since they can seriously harm the baby's health.
How to treat swelling of the nasal mucosa without a common cold, and also with what medicines, is indicated in this article.
Pregnant women are not allowed to use the majority of vasoconstrictive drops (such as Naphthyzine, Tysin, Nazole, etc.).Such drugs quickly become addictive, adversely affecting the health of the fetus. Narrowing all the vessels in the mother's body, these drops also narrow the blood vessels of the placenta, disrupting the supply of oxygen to the fetus.
At this stage you can use:
- washing the nose with various solutions;
- use of drops (more often solutions based on sea salt);
- use of folk recipes from the common cold (homemade drops, turundas, teas).
Second trimesterPrinciples of treatment of a common cold in this period:
- if the cold is a symptom of a cold, then bed rest is mandatory;
- washing or instillation of the nose with herbal or saline solutions;
- use of authorized vasoconstrictive drops, emollients;
- for medical purposes, use of locally tolerated antibiotics or antiseptics.
What is the cheapest remedy for the common cold most patients choose is indicated in this article.
Treatment of a cold in the 3rd trimester includes:
- humidification of air and maintenance of a temperature mode 20-22 ° С;
- walks in the open air;
- instillation, washing of the nose or inhalation using saline solutions;
- in the absence of allergies the use of aromatic oils with anti-inflammatory effect, as an additive to saline solutions;
- use of antibiotics or hormonal drugs in a minimal amount after consulting a doctor and with a minimum course of treatment.
Advice: if the doctor considers it advisable, it is possible to use the authorized pharmacological agents (hormonal sprays, decongensants), but only with reduced courses for not more than 3 days.
What to do when the sense of smell and taste is lost with a runny nose, you can learn from the article.
Medications and homeopathy
Here are the main drugs allowed for admission to pregnant women.
To cleanse the nose, drugs are used:
- Saline solutions(such as sea water, Taisa, Humer, Aqualor, Aquamaris, Physiomer, Dolphin, Salin), which serve to reduce the swelling of the nasal mucosa and improve the removal of mucus from the nasal sinuses and nasal cavity.
- Homeopathic Remedies(Euphorbium compositum, Delufen). The effect of these drugs will manifest only on the second - the third day, but will greatly facilitate nasal breathing.
What remedy for the common cold with breastfeeding is best used, stated in the article.
To soften the mucosa and improve local immunity, use:
- The drug Pinosol is used no more than three days no more than 2 drops 3 times a day. But it is contraindicated in allergic rhinitis.
- Drops Grippferon are used at any time of pregnancy. Their action is based onlocal immunity.
To eliminate nasal congestion, the following drugs are used:
- Vasopressic drops based on phenylephrine, safe for pregnant women (such as Nazol Baby and Nazole Kids).
Tip: often pregnant women use inexpensive drops or spray Sanorin. This drug is contraindicated for high blood pressure, rapid heart rate, glaucoma or intolerance. It is forbidden to use this medicine for more than 3 days, because with such a long reception there is atrophy of the nasal mucosa and repeated swelling of the nose.
With a bacterial cold used:
- Local antiseptics (drops in the nose Miramistin, Octenisept) or antibiotics, if you can not do without them (Bioparox).
At an allergic rhinitis at pregnant women apply means:
- Hormonal sprays or drops on a polymer basis (Fliksonase, Alzedin, Nazaval, Baconaz, Nazonex or Vibrocil). These drugs have a local effect, without harming the whole body. A similar group of drugs is used cautiously and taking into account the opinion of the attending physician.
Additional methods for acute rhinitis:
Hot baths for the hands - good remedies for nasal congestion
- Removal of nasal congestion with the use of hot hands for water (water temperature 40 degrees). Foot baths are contraindicated, as they can provoke miscarriage.
- Self-massage of the nasal sinuses, produced by circular movements of the thumbs for 7-10 minutes before the onset of relief.
Before using any topical medicine, such as drops or spray, you need first cleanse the nose of the secretions with the help of salt solutions, otherwise the administration of the drugs will be inefficient.
How to cure a runny nose without fever and what medications are indicated in the article.
Treatment with folk remedies
Traditional medicine has on its list many effective and safe remedies for the treatment or alleviation of rhinitis in pregnant women. Consider the most acceptable of them.
- Juice of Kalanchoe, aloe, beet or onion, mixed in half with water 2 drops in each nostril 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days.
- Tea-soda drops for washing or instilling of the nose. To do this, in a glass of warm tea (black), dissolve a teaspoon of soda and dig in three times a day for 3 drops in each nostril.
- Garlic juice, mixed with water in proportion: and filtered. The digestion is performed three times a day 2-3 drops per nostril until the symptoms of acute rhinitis disappear.
- Drops consisting of 20 parts of olive oil with the addition of 1 part of sea buckthorn oil, peach or dogrose 3 drops three times a day.
- Inhalation with chamomile grass, plantain, eucalyptus, sage or thyme (1-2 tablespoons of dry herb to a glass of water). You can inhale the collection of several (up to six) times a day for 5 minutes. These same broths are great for washing the nose, a good cleansing effect with the use of a baby syringe.
- Inhalations using slightly alkaline mineral water boiled in the peel of potatoes or honey water (in five parts of the water part of the honey dissolves).
- Use of balm "Asterisk" for acupressure in the region of the temples, wings of the nose, points on both sides of the neck, in the nasolabial triangle.
Tip: for acute rhinitis, it is helpful to warm up the nose with eggs cooked in the shell or with tissue bags with buckwheat or salt until they cool. This procedure dilutes the mucus and promotes its rapid elimination. But, in no case it is impossible to use this remedy with purulent discharge from the nose or suspected of sinusitis.
How to cure a runny nose without fever and what means you can understand by reading the article.
Feedback on treatment
Valyusha, 21 years old:"I replace the expensive Aquamaris with a cheaper saline solution, which I buy in any pharmacy, or ordinary water with sea salt. I also like when the nasal drops of Nazol Baby or Nazole Kids are stuffed, which are safe for the body pregnant. I apply them after I wash my nose with cooked salt water. "
Svetlana, 27 years old: "I treated a runny nose with a viral infection in the seventh week. The doctor recommended that I wash my nose with Aquamaris spray, drip into the nose Grippferon. In parallel, I still rinsed my throat (furacilin, chamomile) and sprayed with Tantum Verde spray. The effect is super. "
Christina, 30 years old:"I had rhinitis at 30 weeks. I was appointed to wash the nose with the drug Dolphin three times a day, sprinkle with Bioparox 4 times a day, and before going to bed use a children's Nazivin. The most recent evening procedure was inhalation with mineral water Yessentuki. A week later, all my suffering was gone. "
What antibiotics for a child's cold is best to take is indicated in the article.
The hidden danger of a cold
Even a common cold in a pregnant woman can be dangerous complications
Runny nose is unpleasant in any period of pregnancy, but in different periods it has its own peculiarities of flow and appropriate treatment.
In the first trimester, the common cold is particularly undesirable, as it is usually a consequence of the development of a viral infection.
In the first trimester, the fetus is just beginning to form, and it is completely unprotected from harmful influences many factors, including, as harmful as the very impact of the virus, and the effect of many drugs preparations.
In the second trimester, the grown-up fetus is already partially protected in the maternal belly from exposure to viral disease, from which the mother suffers, and from the negative effects of drugs that are dangerous in the first trimester.
In the 2nd trimester, risky unauthorized treatment of rhinitis is dangerous because during this period the most important life support systems for the fetus - cardiovascular and nervous - are formed.
This creates a high risk of fetal development pathologies, abortion or fetal death, treatmentincorrectly selected drugs.
Another common form of cold in this trimester is so-called. "Hormonal rhinitis which subsequently disappears after the birth of a child, but without treatment, causes serious discomfort for the pregnant woman.
Runny nose in the second trimester is especially undesirable because of the disturbance of the oxygen supply to the mother's body, and the subsequent hypoxia of the fetus. In the third trimester, the common cold is most frequent: it occurs in 42% of pregnant women and often lasts until the very birth. With prolonged rhinitis during this period, it is possible to shorten the mass of the fetus or underdevelopment of its individual organs.
Do not underestimate the cold of the third trimester. If it is caused by a cold, then the poor overall health of the mother can provoke premature birth or infection with a viral infection of the baby after birth.
If the runny nose does not go away within 2-3 days, you should definitely visit a doctor. This is dangerous complications!
In conclusion, I would like to warn women against illiterate treatment of rhinitis during pregnancy. If the proven home remedies for the treatment of a cold do not give a good effect within two to three days, you definitely need to see a doctor.After all, any pregnant woman is responsible not only for her life, but also for the life of someone who is under her heart.
Watch the video and find out how quickly to cure a runny nose during pregnancy:
When treating a common cold in any trimester, one should not forget that a runny nose during pregnancy can not be considered a serious problem, both because of the health risks of the woman herself, and because of the possible dangerous consequences for the health of the future child. With any rhinitis lasting more than 3 days, which did not help the traditional medicine, the necessary treatment should appoint a doctor. The selection of drugs for rhinitis in pregnant women is limited and should be agreed with the doctor.
Runny nose during pregnancy - 2 trimester
Runny nose in pregnancy is common. And not always the reason for the appearance of such discharge from the nose is the immunity weakened by the new state of the body. There are other factors that can provoke nasal congestion for the entire duration of pregnancy. But, despite the reasons that caused the runny nose, such a disease gives some discomfort and inconvenience not only to the young mother, but also to her baby. This is why it is necessary to relieve this condition, so that the baby is well in the mother's tummy.
It often happens that even before a woman becomes aware of pregnancy, she has a nose. And this condition can accompany her with the entire period of pregnancy, besides, it can be not just a weak discharge from the nose, but a strong cold. This phenomenon is called a vasomotor rhinitis or a so-called "popular" common cold of pregnancy. Such symptoms are caused by hormonal changes that can provoke swelling of the nasal mucosa during rhinitis of pregnant women.
Coryza of this type often appears in the second trimester of pregnancy, but sometimes the trimester can "please" the woman with a runny nose during pregnancy. Passes such "happiness" usually only after childbirth, so a special treatment does not require a runny nose. But still you need to try to facilitate breathing, using safe methods and means.
Is the rhinitis dangerous during pregnancy?
For the future mother, the runny nose is not dangerous. But for a baby who is in the womb, oxygen starvation is not necessary. After all, if there is insufficient intake of fresh air into the body, the baby will feel bad and may not be born healthy.
How to cure a runny nose in a pregnant woman?
If the pregnancy of a future mother had a runny nose, and sneezing does not give a normal breathing, then you need to turn to a specialist for help. Because if you do not know what to do with a runny nose during pregnancy, then the doctor will definitely advise you something.
Sometimes in pregnancy there is a runny nose with blood. This is due to the fact that the nasal mucosa dries up excessively, and tiny vessels burst, and the mucous membrane itself is irritated. To prevent this from happening, you need to regularly lubricate the nose with a special moisturizer, for example, tetracycline ointment. Also it is necessary to clean passages with the help of acupressure, rinsing the nose with saline solutions and so on. Do not delay the visit to the doctor, because this can be fraught with consequences.
Colds during pregnancy - 2nd trimesterIf you are on the 2nd trimester of pregnancy and at the same time get a cold, then you can not worry - it's not dangerous. Of course, some young mothers will not stop panicking from these words, but still - it really is. Doctors and gynecologists argue that in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy the child is not so susceptible to various kinds of negative influences (infections, viruses and pathogenic microorganisms). Of course, this does not diminish the danger of an unrefined or ignored cold. Each woman in an interesting situation, you need to pay attention to the state of your body.
Can there be complications of colds during pregnancy?
By the second trimester the fetus has already been fully formed. And that is why he is no longer afraid of the common cold as it might be in the first trimester. But, nevertheless, there is a risk that the transferred cold at this time will lead to fetoplacental insufficiency. What it is?
Fetoplacental insufficiency is a pathology that is characterized by a violation of almost all functions of the placenta. As a result, oxygen starvation may occur in the fetus. This already leads to a delay in mental and physical development, and can also provoke a woman premature birth. In addition, an untreated cold in a woman affects the nervous system of the child, because it is in the 2nd trimester that its development and formation takes place.
Good news! To call complex or difficult developmental anomalies of cold on 2 trimester can not. But, this is not an excuse to ignore a person's malaise and poor state of health. In no case should you start the disease. According to statistics: if a woman does not cure a cold at the 14th week of pregnancy, this leads to a disruption of the endocrine system fetus; neglected catarrhal diseases at week 17 provokes disturbances in the formation of bone tissue of the future the kid. At 20 weeks of gestation, ARVI leads to impaired production and formation of oocytes in a female fetus. That is, as you could see - the consequences of careless attitude towards one's health, first of all, are not reflected at all on the body of a young mother, but on her child.
Pregnancy and ARVI
ARVI is an acute viral infection or otherwise a cold. Each doctor-gynecologist will affirmatively say: the less the period of pregnancy in a woman, the higher the degree of danger.
The most dangerous period in this plan is the first 3 months of pregnancy. But, in fact it and is not surprising! In these months, the fetus is not protected (the placenta is formed only on the 4th month of pregnancy). If a virus or infection gets into the mother's body and does not fight with them, it leads to developmental malformations that are incompatible with the baby's life. As a result, a woman faces such a concept as spontaneous abortion or miscarriage due to fetal malformations that are not compatible with his life.
In the second trimester the child is protected from external exposure to the placenta, through a dense shell which can not penetrate any virus or bacterium. But, if pregnancy of the woman proceeds with complications in the form of gestosis, exacerbation of a number of chronic diseases, as well as with pathologies of placental exchange, this leads to serious consequences on any month pregnancy.
In obstetrical practice, there are cases when ARVI in a woman in the 2nd trimester, leads to disruption of the formation of the brain and spinal cord, as well as most vital systems. It is possible that the child as a result of infection will begin to lag far behind in development.
This is amazing, but a cold, borne by a woman before pregnancy, can also negatively affect the baby's body. That is, if a woman has caught a cold in a month or two or even a week before becoming pregnant, the child can be born with signs of hypoxia. What does it mean? The fact that the baby at birth can be listless, very pale, weak and with obvious impairments of respiratory function. Therefore, if you decide to plan a child and you came to the eye of this article, start with a general recovery of the body, as well as vitamin therapy.
Statistics!80% of women during pregnancy in the 2nd trimester suffer from colds. But, despite this, the baby is born healthy and the pregnancy is happening safely.
Than it is impossible to treat a cold?
In order to start treatment, it is necessary to understand what it is that can not be taken during pregnancy.
- So, pregnant women are strictly prohibited biological supplements and antibiotics! Do not risk your health and the life of your unborn child!
- It is not allowed during pregnancy to take a hot bath, soar your feet, go to the sauna and bath.
- It is forbidden to take such popular medications as Coldrex, Efferalgan, and Aspirin.
- To reduce the body temperature in a pregnant woman, it is often enough to wipe with cold water with a little alcohol.
- Do not get too warm and wear woolen socks and very warm clothes - it only hurts you.
- If you have a cold, it is forbidden to take vasoconstrictive drugs in the form of Sanorin, Nazivin, Naftizin, Otrivin and others. Prescribe these medicines can only be a doctor and only if your health is threatened.
What can be treated for a cold?
In order to take the temperature, the pregnant woman can take 1-2 tablets of paracetamol. To quickly reduce heat, you must begin to wipe the body with water with vinegar essence or vodka (alcohol).
Doctors warn that it is not necessary to bring down the temperature if it keeps below the level of 38 degrees. The temperature below 38 degrees indicates that the woman's body is actively fighting the infectious process.
Need to know!At a temperature of 37 to 38 degrees in humans, the substance interferon is produced, which is necessary for the active fight and destruction of viruses and infections of colds.
But, if you have a high temperature for more than 2 days, then you need to knock it down - otherwise there is a risk of metabolic disorders in the child's body.
Than to treat a cold in pregnancy (3rd trimester)?As it does not sound sad, but future moms are also sick. Colds, which are always accompanied by a runny nose, sore throat, fever and chills, frequent guests in the cold season. And if at the usual time women use both proven means and novelties, especially without going into contra-indications, then when pregnancy in the 3rd trimester, the question of how to treat a cold in order not to harm the baby is especially acute, because soon it will happen appearance to the light.
Allergic rhinitis during pregnancy in the 3rd trimester
As you know, nasal congestion and discharge of the snot can not always be cold or viral. There are cases when future moms face the manifestation of an allergy, one of the symptoms of which is the common cold. To treat the cold at pregnancy in 3 trimester in this case doctors advise such preparations:
- Назаваль, spray.This medicine is based on micronized cellulose and mint. To use it for the treatment of a common allergic rhinitis in pregnant women, the trimester is recommended according to the scheme: one inhalation spray into each of the nasal passages every 5 hours.
- Marimer, aerosol.Doctors use this tool not only to eliminate allergic rhinitis, but also rhinitis of viral or infectious origin. Marimer, like any other saline solution (Saline, Humer, etc.), is used to wash the nasal sinuses and reduce swelling of the mucosa. Use it simply: one injection in each of the nasal passages 4-6 times a day.
Than to treat a rhinitis at pregnant women of 3 trimester of a viral character?
Drugs that will help women in the position to get rid of this unpleasant symptom are now presented in pharmacies a great many. On the shelves you can find both medicines based on components of plant origin, and synthetic drugs. The safest means for a cold in pregnancy in the 3rd trimester are as follows:
- Pinosol, drops.It is a phyto-drug that contains thymol and vitamin E, as well as pine, mint and eucalyptus oils. Has antiviral and vasoconstrictive effect. Bury the agent 2 drops in each nasal passage 3-4 times a day.
- Grippferon, drops.This cure for the common cold in pregnancy as in the 3rd trimester, and in 1 and 2, has an antiviral, immunomodulatingand anti-inflammatory effect. Its main component is interferon alpha-2b human. Apply it recommended by the scheme: 3 drops in each of the nasal passages 6 times during the day.
So, there are a lot of drugs for treating the common cold during the pregnancy of the 3rd trimester. However, do not forget that they should be used only after consulting a doctor, because the waiting period kid - this is the time when the goal is not only to heal, but also not to harm the health of a small the baby.