What should I do if my nose is constantly troubled?
The question of what to do if the rhinitis is tortured, every person who feels uncomfortable and unable to breathe normally asks himself. In the usual sense, the common cold is associated with stuffiness and sneezing. This symptomatology is especially relevant in autumn and winter. As a rule, it is considered a non-serious problem, but this is far from the case and can be the basis of many diseases.
Difficulty breathing, lack of appetite, insomnia, headache - these are just some unpleasant consequences of the ailment. If you leave it unattended and wait for it to pass by itself, then transformation can take place in more serious forms, such as otitis or sinusitis.
First of all, it is necessary to understand what kind of illness it is and what are the reasons for its appearance. In medicine, the common cold is called acute rhinitis and means inflammation of the nasal mucosa. Factors of his appearance are many.
The causes and rules of his treatment
Sneezing in itself is also safe. Its main function is protective. It is the body's reaction to foreign substances entering the nasal passages. But if the process is delayed, then the reflex can not be left without attention. Otherwise, the consequences can be both edema and shortness of breath. Swelling causes viruses, allergens, thus, there is a stagnation. That is, it is a consequence of the edema, and not the accumulation of mucus. The mucous membrane increases in volume and closes the nasal passages, which prevents free passage of air. Therefore, you need to treat a runny nose and as quickly as possible.
It is necessary to follow the rules of treatment:
- Smooth should be correct. At any stage it is important to do this carefully, not particularly straining the body. Otherwise, strong pressure can transfer viruses into the auditory tube, which provokes inflammation of the middle ear. It is better to cleanse each nostril separately, while opening the mouth.
- Avoid irritants. In order not to worsen the condition, it is necessary to avoid cold air, dust, smoke. Walk slowly and leave physical activity.
- You should not abuse vasoconstrictor drugs. This method will eliminate the symptoms, but will not get rid of the cause. In addition, this method with prolonged use is addictive.
- Treat the disease with anti-inflammatory drugs. It is better to use antiseptic and inflammatory drugs. For example, essential oils of mint, eucalyptus or pine have such properties. Drops Pinosol - also a good alternative to oils.
- Rinse your nostrils. The stagnation that occurs with a cold, can be cleansed and treated well if you wash your nose with special products containing salts. Do this 3 times a day, 200 ml of solution in each nostril.
- To observe hygiene. When blowing out, use only disposable napkins. The tissue absorbs microbes, and upon repeated application they return to the patient.
Treatment with folk remedies
It is worth remembering that the best way is to see a doctor.But if for some reason this approach is impossible, then it is necessary to try the people's means. They will help alleviate the fate of the patient, only if the cold provokes a cold.
Methods of traditional medicine:
- Dip into the honey a match with a wrapped fleece and insert into the nostrils. After that, hold for 15 minutes. This method relieves spasm, and it becomes easier to breathe.
- Pour dry mustard into the cotton socks and put them on overnight. To improve the effect from the top warm wool socks.
- Drink your nose with aloe juice. 3 drops in each pass 5 times a day.
- Inhale ammonia. Closing one nostril the second to breathe vapors. Repeat procedure every half hour.
- Warm up the nose. This method can be used only if there is no purulent discharge. In this case, it is contraindicated, as well as any other thermal procedures. For heating on a hot frying pan, pour out a glass of iodized salt and bring it to a hot state. Pour into flannel pouches and attach to the wings of the nose. Hold for 15 minutes.
- Use garlic. It is useful to inhale a pair of garlic. You can lubricate the nostrils with petroleum jelly, and then insert pieces of cotton wool, rinsed in grated garlic. Do this 3 times a day.
- Rinse your nose. In warm water, add 7 drops of iodine and rinse the nasopharynx. Repeat 3 times per day. This solution is also useful to drink with a cold. You can wash your nose and just warm water, but iodized solution is more effective.
- Drink a lot. Some sorcerers are advised to limit food intake to a minimum for the duration of the illness, increasing the amount of drinking to the maximum. It is very useful for a cold with compote made from currant. Take it 4 times a day for 1 glass.
In the treatment of folk remedies, one must remember the complex approach.A single procedure, carried out from case to case, will not have absolutely no effect. If you start treatment, then you will have to repeat it until there is relief. Also it is necessary to take into account the type of the common cold and the causes of appearance. With allergic manifestation, there are several characteristics. It is necessary first of all to avoid allergen. If, for example, it is pollen, then walks during flowering are unacceptable. Prolonged inflammation with constant interaction with allergens can result in polyps, sinusitis or hypertrophy. Rinsing the nose with a 1% solution of salt will clear the cells of allergens. Repeat ablutions every night before going to bed. In order to prevent the allergy from going to a serious stage, it is necessary to take antiallergic drugs. Very effective and safe is the Zodak.
If the runny nose lasts a month or more, then this is definitely a chronic form. Here the first step should be a trip to the ENT specialist. You can start treatment only after clarifying the diagnosis. With this kind of rhinitis, it is good to rinse the nose with a fermented beet broth. For this, the peeled red beets are ground and poured with boiling water. After a three-day infusion, filter and store in the refrigerator for about 4 days. Saline washing is mandatory in chronic form. It happens that such a disease is caused by medications, then it will be necessary to replace them with identical medications. When lingering rhinitis, it is recommended to draw the mixture from alcohol, boric acid and glycerin. Mix all the ingredients in 1 teaspoonful.
Treatment of a cold in children
What do they do if the child has a runny nose? It's simple: go to the doctor. Then you can start treatment. First of all, create comfortable conditions. With a cold, normal humidity and an air temperature of no more than 22 ° C are mandatory. To mucus better stood out, under the forearm the child can put a pillow, thus changing the angle of the body. The child must be taught the correct blowing nose and do not allow the snot to retract. Otherwise, the infection will get into the nasopharynx.
Treatment is carried out in three stages. And the first of them is purification. It is advisable to use a spray. Then gently remove the remnants of gauze or rags. The second stage involves the use of vasoconstrictive drugs. It is better to use those that the doctor recommended. Do not forget about the short duration of their application. Not more than 7 days. And the third stage: mandatory use of antiviral drugs, which will provide the production of interferon, which will destroy the virus.
Folk remedies also help in the treatment of a child. In this regard, it is better to consult a doctor. Whatever it was, and as soon as a runny nose begins, it can not be ignored. And even better to avoid the reasons for its appearance. A healthy lifestyle, including hardening and healthy eating, is the best prevention.
A terrible cold... what to do?
Garlic nyuhay cut and breathe in germs you kill.
And here are the recipes:
Recipes of traditional medicine used in the common cold:
1. Menthol oil (drugstore). Inoculate 3-5 drops of menthol oil into each nostril. Do twice a day; simultaneously lubricate with oil: forehead, whiskey, behind the ears, the back of the head, the wings of the nose. You can mix menthol oil with camphor oil. The procedures are the same. Well helps with a beginning cold.
2. Kalanchoe (home remedy). With the beginning of a cold it is enough 2-3 times a day to lubricate the nose with juice from a fresh leaf Kalanchoe and runny nose will quickly stop. You can dig in 3-5 drops.
3. Tincture. At 100 gr. sunflower or olive oil, one tablespoon is taken with the top of the crushed ledum. Insist 21 days in a dark place, shaken daily. Strain, wring out. Drip 2-3 drops in each nostril for the first time, then instill 1 drop 3-4 times a day. Do not more than a week. Runny nose goes away in a few days.
4. Kerosene. At night, smear the soles of his feet with kerosene and soak a thin rag in kerosene, squeeze and put on the soles. Wear warm socks or stockings on your feet and warmly wrap. In the morning, there will be relief or a runny nose will pass.
5. Chronic rhinitis. Make slightly warm, slightly salted water. Add there 1 teaspoon of any of the listed tinctures (calendula, sofar, eucalyptus). Take water, liter. This water wash the nose.
The procedure is as follows: to bend under the water at an angle of 45 degrees, nose to draw it and release it from the mouth. So skip the entire solution without looking up your nose alternately through each nostril. Do with chronic colds twice a day, morning and evening.
6. Drug bud is 10 gr. in powder; root, grass - 10 gr. in powder; hoof, root - 20 g. in the powder. All is well mixed. With a chronic cold, this powder should be snorted 3 times a day.
7. Red beet. Bury in each nostril for 5-6 drops of freshly squeezed beet juice (fresh, not boiled). You can soak a cotton swab in fresh juice and put it in your nose.
8. It helps from the cold a finely chopped onion, infused with sunflower oil. This compound lubricates the nostrils.
9. With a cold, honey is chewed with honeycombs and honey is applied to the nostrils.
10. Eucalyptus tea and peppermint are excellent for inhalation with a cold. For a liter of hot water, 3-4 drops of infusion are enough.
11. With a cold, it is recommended to wrap the feet of gauze moistened with alcoholic infusions of capsicum, top with woolen socks and go to bed.
12. With a cold, juice from the fresh leaves of mother-and-stepmother is buried in the nose 2 to 3 drops in each nostril.
13. With a cold, take 1 part of freshly prepared carrot juice, 1 h. vegetable oil and a few drops of garlic juice. Bury in the nose 3 times a day.
14. From the cold helps a mixture of honey with red beet juice. Mix a teaspoon of honey and 3 tablespoons of beet juice. Bury in the nose a few drops 3-4 times a day.
Salt rinse your nose and everything will be norms (peace and goodness to you :))
Treated! This is an allergy, antiallergenic drug will help!
alloise juice or Kalanchoe in half with water in the nose
handkerchief in hand and scampered vysmarkovatsya ..
Smooth and breathe through the times.
peel onion and finely chop, pour boiled water (3 tbsp. l onion 50 ml of water), add a teaspoon of honey, stir well until the honey dissolves and let it brew for half an hour - drain and dig in 5 drops into each nostril 6 times a day;
brew hard-boiled two eggs, each wrapped in a napkin, without cleaning from the shell, put on both sides of the nose and keep until the eggs cool;
, g mumie stir in 20 g of peach oil until dissolved - bury 4 drops three times a day in both nostrils;
make a cake from propolis, put it on the forehead in the area of the maxillary sinuses (just above the eyebrows) - you can keep it all night, and you will not be able to repeat the procedure until a month later;
proven way for centuries - mustard plaster on the heels, fix it with a natural cloth. Legs with mustard plasters - in woolen socks. Keep at least an hour, after removing the mustard plaster quickly move.
To be treated, e-my, as though, there are variants, and ...
Breathe the nose over the burner on the gas stove for five minutes and everything will pass.
Do not drip with drops !!!
water + salt. rinse your nose. helps a lot.
Inhalation by a nebulizer with a cold: prescription solutionsIn the treatment of rhinitis, many physiological procedures aimed at restoring the function of the nasopharynx are considered effective.
Inhalations of a nebulizer in the common cold are one of these physiotherapy procedures, widely used in the treatment of diseases in children and adults.
What are the types of nebulizers?
A nebulizer with a cold in children can be used immediately after the birth of a child, but it can only be done by the appointment of a specialist. The nebulizer is a special medical device intended for inhalation. Usually the procedure is carried out in a medical institution, but if there is such a device at home, you can treat the rhinitis yourself.
The principle of the procedure is that, during the use of the device, it sprays the fine disperse particles of the medicinal solutions used, which enter the respiratory tract. The advantage of treating rhinitis with this method is that the dispersed particles of medications penetrate the respiratory tract much faster than with another type of therapy.
All nebulizers according to the principle of action are divided into several types:
- Compressor. They are quite large devices, consisting of a compressor and a camera. These two elements are connected together by an air pipe. Spraying of medicinal particles in nebulizers of this type is due to the "breaking" of the drug with a powerful jet of air. The disadvantage of such devices is their noisy work, so the use in the treatment of young children often becomes impossible.
- Ultrasound. When using this kind of apparatus for inhalation, the drug is converted into an aerosol by the action of ultrasonic waves. Such devices are compact and noiseless, but have one important drawback - under the influence of ultrasound, some molecular compounds can be destroyed. Ultrasonic devices can not be used in the treatment of the common cold with antibiotics and mucolytics by inhalation.
- Mesh-nebulizer. Modern devices, in which the drug is transformed into small particles, passing through a special membrane. This compact, convenient and silent devices, which are much more expensive than previous models.
Using such modern devices for the procedure, you should know the rule: you can not use recipes for a nebulizer with a cold with essential oils. Adult and small patients can not breathe oils with such a device, since the small particles of this agent can clog the small lumens of the bronchi and cause oil pneumonia.
It is recommended to choose a compressor nebulizer for inhalations in the common cold in children, because they are intended for patients of the youngest age. In the kit to the device there are several masks of different sizes for a more convenient procedure. The use of this mask makes it possible to penetrate the medicine directly into the respiratory system without being dispersed in the air.
What can you do inhalation for a cold with a nebulizer to a child?
It is important to know what to do inhalations in a cold with a nebulizer, so that the procedure will bring a positive result - improve the patient's well-being and speed up the healing process. First of all, it should be understood that different types of medicines are intended for each type of device.
Most often, specialists are appointed such solutions for a nebulizer with a cold:
- Mucolytics. It can be used for carrying out the procedure with the use of a compressor and a mesh nebulizer. To this group of solutions for inhalations a nebulizer with a common cold belongs to acetylcysteine, lazolvan, mukonist.
- Alkaline compresses. When using alkaline solutions for the treatment of rhinitis, all types of nebulizers can be used. These are drugs like sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate.
- Antibacterial solutions. Medications for a nebulizer with a cold caused by bacteria belong to the group of antibacterial drugs. This is furatsilin, dioxidin, malavit, they can be used for compressor and mesh-nebulizer.
- Bronchodilator. Are intended for carrying out of procedure at use of any kind of the device. Among these medications for inhalation, the nebulizer for the common cold is berodual, salbutamol, berotek and atrovent.
- Glucocorticosteroids. The drugs are used in any of the three types of apparatus for carrying out the procedure. More often than not, specialists prescribe such a glucocorticosteroid as hydrocortisone.
Regardless of the chosen drug for safe and effective procedure, it is important to comply with the temperature values of solutions for inhalation. The temperature of the agent should not be below 20 degrees.
What medications are suitable for inhalation in the cold with a nebulizer?
To treat acute and chronic nasopharyngeal diseases, many inhalation prescriptions are used with a nebulizer for rhinitis aimed at restoring the mucous membrane. When composing prescriptions for inhalations by a nebulizer in case of a runny nose to a child, the age of a small patient must be taken into account by a specialist.
What kind of medication for a nebulizer for a cold is better to use, the expert will say. In each case, the otolaryngologist appoints different drugs, because their choice depends on the type of rhinitis, the features of its course and the age of the patient.
In most cases, these medications are prescribed for inhalations with a cold:
- Interferon. The drug is prescribed for viral infectious diseases of the nasopharynx in children and adults. For the procedure, the contents of one ampoule of interferon must be diluted in 3 ml of saline. After this, the agent should be placed in the drug reservoir, the procedure should be performed 2 times a day.
- Tonsilong. The drug is diluted 1: 1 physiological saline in the treatment of adults and children older than 7 years. For children 1-7 years, the solution is diluted in a ratio of 1: 2, for patients up to 1 year old, 1: 3. In one procedure, it is necessary to use up to 4 ml of medication, to carry out inhalation up to two times a day.
- Furacilin. The procedure with this solution is performed in the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections, when the runny nose is one of the symptoms of the disease.
- Chlorophyllipt. For the procedure, the drug is diluted with physiological saline in a ratio of 1: 10. For one inhalation, 3 ml of diluted solution is required, up to three procedures are recommended per day.
- Tincture of calendula. Alcohol tincture is diluted with physiological solution 1: 40, in one procedure up to 4 ml of the drug is used. In acute inflammation of the nose and sinuses of the nasopharynx, it is necessary to perform inhalations three times a day.
- Spirituous tincture of propolis. Bought in the pharmacy tincture must be diluted with saline 1: 20. It is not recommended to apply the solution with a tendency to allergic reactions.
Inhalation with a cold with a nebulizer with saline and mineral water
Often, inhalations are also prescribed for the common cold with a nebulizer, although they are effective only if necessary to moisturize the nasal mucosa. Such procedures are advisable to carry out at an early stage of development of rhinitis. Instead of saline solution, alkaline mineral water can be used, for example, Borjomi, Essentuki, Luzhanskaya.
If you use these alkaline solutions for inhalations from the common cold with a nebulizer to children and adults, you can achieve this therapeutic effect:
- deeply clean the nasal cavity of the patient from pathogenic microorganisms - viruses and bacteria, which caused the disease;
- make the liquid that has accumulated in the nose more liquid;
- prevent stagnation of mucus in the nasal sinuses;
- quickly reduce the swelling of the nasal mucosa;
- prevent the development of complications of prolonged rhinitis - purulent otitis and sinusitis.
If you know what to do inhalation for a cold to a child and an adult, you can get rid of rhinitis in a few days. What can you do inhalation for a cold with a nebulizer, if there are no special solutions? You can also carry out the procedure with ready-made medicines intended for irrigation or instillation of the nasal cavity. For example, nasal drops Naphthyzine can be diluted in saline and inhaled twice a day, using the drug at the age-appropriate dosage indicated in the instructions.
If the patient is concerned with purulent rhinitis, in which a secret of yellow or green is secreted from the nasal cavity, an antibacterial preparation called Isofra or Bioparox can be used. In this way, combined agents can be used, among which the vasoconstrictive Polidex antibiotic is effective. With a tendency to frequent rhinitis, inhalations can be prescribed to increase local immunity with the use of Laferobion.
Rules of inhalation with drugs for nebulizer with a cold
In order for the treatment to be effective, it is important to know which inhalations in the cold can be done by a nebulizer based on the type of disease.
However, therapy should still be as safe as possible, and for this you should familiarize yourself with the rules for inhalation with a nebulizer:
- Therapy can not be done immediately after meals or before it, between treatment and food intake should pass half an hour.
- During inhalation, you can not talk.
- With elevated body temperature, this method of treating rhinitis is contraindicated.
- During the session, the patient should be in a sitting position.
- When treating a cold, you need to inhale through the nose, and exhale through the mouth.
- The duration of one procedure on average is 10-15 minutes, depending on what inhalations to do with a cold in the nebulizer.
- After the procedure with the use of hormonal or antibacterial drugs, the mouth should be rinsed with water.
- To completely cure a runny nose, it is usually enough to hold 5-10 sessions.
What inhalations can be done by a nebulizer in a cold can only be determined by a doctor based on the diagnosis. Also, the specialist determines the dosage of the drug and the number of sessions of this treatment procedure.
The headaches from the cold: what should I do?
A headache from the cold - what to do? Not everyone knows the answer to this question. With such a disease as a runny nose, and accompanying it with a heightened headache, almost every second inhabitant of the planet was likely to meet.
Yes, headache and runny nose can be attributed to the natural symptoms of an ordinary cold. Numerous harmful bacteria inhabit the nasal mucosa. This, in turn, is the cause of the onset of a cold, and with time and pain in the head. Man manifestations of these symptoms make life difficult, because it becomes very difficult to breathe. This adds discomfort and inconvenience. What is the main reason for the appearance of a headache with a cold? And how to deal with this unpleasant and life-threatening quality?
Everyone knows that a runny nose and a headache are the initial signs of a cold. And these symptoms can be considered quite natural and ordinary, not causing a person no fears, fears and fear for their health and life. Together with these signs, there is often a temperature increase. One feels an unpleasant chill, and some feel dizzy
Such basic signs as a headache and a runny nose are a kind of messenger that tells you that something is wrong with the human body and it has been affected by an ailment. It is clear that with the manifestations of the common cold, there is also a headache, because the nose itself is located in the head region and is closely connected with the main human organ - the brain. And the fact that the body has an infection, the first, of course, it is the brain that reacts. Accordingly, access to the required amount of oxygen in the blood is impaired. This phenomenon directly affects the brain and blood vessels. Severe manifestations of pain can be localized in the forehead or temples. And sometimes the pain affects both the forehead and the temples at the same time.
It is clear that at the first signs of a cold a person starts actively blowing his nose and sneezing. Very often manifested and cough. This is what can cause a headache, which mainly focuses on the eyes and forehead.
Of course, not everyone is aware of the fact that a headache with a cold can be a sign of more serious diseases. And these "dangerous" diseases can be sinusitis, otitis media, genyantritis, frontalitis and many others.
In any case, the main reason, why a headache is a severe headache, can only be determined by an appropriate qualified physician.
Correct behavior - a speedy recovery
So what actions should a person take if he has a runny nose and a headache? There are countless ways and methods of treatment and getting rid of a headache and a cold. But first of all, let's look at the basic simple measures that everyone is recommended to know in order to take them at the first manifestations of the disease and at least to alleviate the severe pain in their head.
- Rest has not prevented anyone. If the first signs of the disease come in the form of a headache and a runny nose, you should definitely take the opportunity to just lie down and lie down.You should limit yourself from watching TV, reading books and sitting at the computer.
- Minimum physical exertion. If the head hurts, it is necessary to limit oneself from excessive overstrain, laborious work. Also in this case, mental work is not recommended.
- Clean air and personal hygiene - the guarantee of excellent health. At the first manifestations of the common cold and headache, it is necessary to ensure constant access of fresh air to the room. It is known that many people, because of fear of supercooling their bodies, refuse to take a shower. This should not be done in any case. After all, all toxins and pathogenic bacteria emerging from the body come out with sweat and settle on the skin. If there is not a very high temperature, you can even take a bath that will ensure a reduction in pressure in the vessels of the head.
Traditional medicine for headaches
There are many folk remedies, which are used by everyone who wants to at least relieve the associated head cold headache:
- You can use menthol oil, apply on the forehead, in the temples, as well as the ears;
- a lemon is very effective, therefore it is possible to prepare a gruel from the peel of lemon and spread the forehead and whiskey with this gruel;
- a very good tool can be a mixture of mustard powder and honey, for this you need to prepare 1 teaspoon of mustard and 1 tablespoon of honey, mix all these ingredients, take the received folk remedy at least 3 times a day for day;
- You can help yourself by taking advantage of aromatherapy. Basil, lavender or menthol oil are excellent agents that help in a short time to relieve a severe headache with a cold.
An important role is played by the adoption of various herbal infusions and teas.
Their main task is to alleviate the sufferings of the patient and to remove seizures in the shortest possible time.
Buzina is considered a very effective remedy for headaches. To do this, you need to boil half a teaspoon of elderberry with boiling water. Insist the mixture should be about 15 minutes. After insisting it must necessarily strain. Take half a cup daily.
Mint is also not inferior in its analgesic and soothing properties. To prepare the product you need to take 1 tbsp. spoon of mint, pour it with boiling water and keep the resulting mixture in a water bath for only 15 minutes. Then it can be wrapped and held for as long as 1 hour. Use tincture is recommended for half a cup and three times a day.
Just like mint, you can prepare clover flowers. Only insist on herbal infusion can be a little less. 40 minutes will be enough.
Tincture of St. John's wort very helps to cope with the pain in the head.
Other methods to combat headaches with colds
Lightning fast helps relieve severe headache and compresses. Only they must be necessarily cold. To do this, you need to prepare a bowl filled with cold water. There are a few drops of lavender or mint. Then, having moistened with the received liquid a small towel or a napkin, it is necessary to put them to a forehead. And sit with this compress for about half an hour in absolute silence.The next great method of fighting headaches is alcohol. No, in this case it is not necessary to drink alcoholic beverages, but only to hold a small amount of cognac in your mouth, after which it must be spat out, but never swallow. Thus, the vessels of the brain will expand, thereby ensuring full access to oxygen, and this will help relieve pain in the head.
Since the headache occurs as a result of a cold, you can try to get rid of the root cause of pain - from the common cold. Therefore, with the help of ordinary salt water, one can wash the nasal sinuses, thereby freeing the nose of the microbes and mucus accumulated there. And then you can drip your nose with specially designed drops.
It is very not recommended in the presence of a cold and headache smoking, drinking. Harmful substances, such as nicotine and alcohol, lead to vasospasm and will not improve the condition of the patient. If your head hurts, do not use a large amount of pain medication. If one taken pill did not help, then the subsequent acceptance of medications will not bring relief.
So if the head hurts, the rhinitis torments, then recovering from this is not so difficult. But before resorting to an independent solution to the problem, it is necessary to consult a doctor, especially if the pain does not pass and does not even subside. Only a specialist is able to make an accurate diagnosis..
Corresponding behavior of the patient, his correct approach to treatment and timely measures taken will help very soon to tell the headache and the common cold "good-bye."
Has laid down an ear at a cold - what to do?
At any illnesses the person feels not so well. But even worse, when a cold stuffs the ear, and it is unclear what to do to solve the problem as quickly as possible. But viral diseases of the respiratory tract are often accompanied by a similar symptomatology.
Causes of stuffy ears with a cold
Man's rhinitis may appear for many reasons. We must not forget that the throat, together with the ears and nose, is united into a single system. It turns out that if the work of one organ fails, the rest suffer.
The auditory system consists of several basic parts. The middle ear is a cavity filled with air. Through the eustachian tube it is connected to the pharynx. With any negative effect on the Eustachian tube, the internal pressure in the ear changes, which is why the effect of congestion is created.
Of course, a small runny nose can pass without any consequences. To deterioration of hearing and sometimes even otitis can lead to severe swelling. That is why when the ears are stuffed during a runny nose, treatment should be started immediately.
Specialists distinguish two conditions when a person begins to hear worse - before and after the common cold. It is important to determine exactly when the unpleasant sensations began to appear - this will significantly speed up the treatment process.
How to treat stuffy ears with a cold?
There are some simple tips that can help reduce the difference in external and internal pressure in the ear, which will remove the stuffiness:
- The main thing that needs to be done is to clean the nasal passages. But you can not do it too much. The mouth should be open during the procedure.
- After releasing the nasopharynx from mucus, it is desirable to take medications that narrow the blood vessels. Use these medications should be strictly according to the instructions, otherwise there is a chance to face undesirable consequences.
- If you have a headache and a very sore ear, you can ask for help with ethyl alcohol. Bury it twice a day, a few drops.
- The pressure of the middle ear is normalized by a simple exercise. It is necessary to pinch your nose with your fingers and begin to exhale strongly until you hear a click. Then you need to swallow 5-6 times. If the result can not be achieved immediately, do not worry - the effect can only appear in five minutes. Approximately the same effect is produced by inflation of the balls.
What should I do if I have an ear after a cold?
If the unpleasant sensations in the ear appeared after the cold, you still need to do a lavage of the nasal passages. The most effective means in this case is salted water.
- salt - 1 hour. l .;
- water - 1 glass.
Preparation and use
Water should be boiled and allowed to cool. In a barely warm liquid, salt is added and mixed until completely dissolved.
This solution is considered effective even when the head starts to ache with a cold in the nose. You can apply it in several ways:
- Salted water is poured into a wide shallow plate, the head tilts and the liquid is pulled directly by the nose.
- The solution is typed into a syringe without a needle and then poured into the nasopharynx.
- You can use a small teapot.
In addition, today a lot of drugs are sold in pharmacies, in which sea water is used as a basis. They are also able to help clear the nose of mucus.Precautionary measures
It should be noted that if during the rhinitis begins to lay their ears, washing is carried out very carefully, because the wrong procedure will only complicate the situation.
After this, vasoconstrictive drugs are inserted into each nostril. They should in no case contain boric alcohol. Otherwise, the pain will only increase.