Folk remedy for coughing adults: how to cure quickly at home
Cough (dry or wet) accompanies almost all colds.
The appearance of a cough testifies to the defeat of the respiratory tract - larynx, trachea, bronchi.
In these parts of the human body, sensitive receptors are responsible for the cough reflex, which is a protective reaction.
At a time when a person coughs, everything that adversely affects his health goes out of his respiratory tract. However, despite the protective mission of coughing, it so exhausts the sick person that the latter has a dream, pains appear in the muscles, sometimes a violent cough can reach vomiting.
Some people are very hard to tolerate a cough, so many patients of a therapist are interested in the question: how quickly to cure people with cough at home?Coughing can signal the development of a dangerous disease in an adult's body. Therefore, before starting to treat it at home, you need to go to the doctor.
If a doctor does not have a suspicion of a more serious illness than an ordinary cold, cough treatment can be done on his own. In the event that a doctor has any doubts about the nature of this phenomenon, he will prescribe to the patient an additional examination.
For the treatment of colds, the doctor will prescribe medications to the patient, which can be combined with recipes of traditional medicine.
To prevent the occurrence of side effects from such treatment, you should prepare the folk remedies only after carefully studying their recipes.
To cure cough in adults, you can drink licorice syrup, which must be drunk three times a day for one week. Syrup of licorice without alcohol along with a spoonful of natural honey is added to plain or herbal tea.
Another recipe, with which you can quickly cure a cold and get rid of the heat at home:
- Take a small piece of ginger and grind it on a grater.
- The resulting mass is placed in a brewer with a herb collection.
- Pour into the kettle and boil for 30 minutes.
- Before use in the drink, add one teaspoon of lime honey.
This remedy for cough can be drunk 3 times a day.
Three times a day for one week must take the following composition:
- large onion rub on a large grater and squeeze out the juice from it;
- to the juice obtained, add a teaspoon of honey and let the agent brew.
Using this recipe will help to quickly cure even a strong cough.
If an adult is allowed to drink warmed milk with honey and a piece of butter, a fit of coughing will stop quickly. Such a drink can be consumed in unlimited quantities. In addition to the fact that milk with honey softens on the throat, it is also pleasant to taste.
With dry cough at home, steam inhalations are performed. Very useful conifer baths with a water temperature of 37-38. You can stay in a bath for 10-15 minutes.
At the end of the procedure, the patient must be immediately put in bed. The number of sessions per course is 12-15.
How to quickly cure a cold with a cough, using folk recipes
Today, doctors know a huge amount of effective folk remedies that doctors recommend to their patients for a cold or an infection accompanied by a cough.
In the diet of the patient it is useful to include the following foods:
- Grated radish, seasoned with sour cream or vegetable oil;
- Hercules, boiled on milk;
- mashed potatoes;
- dairy products;
- Grapes - acts as an expectorant and healing for the lungs
- honey - without this product the treatment of colds is not complete.
The lemon slipped through the meat grinder needs to be mixed with a little honey - this compound helps the adult patient to quickly cure even a very strong cough and get rid of the heat.
In order to restore the diseased water-alkaline balance of the body, the patient is recommended to drink plenty of fluids. Water helps dilute the sputum accumulated in the bronchi.
Doctors advise to use alkaline mineral water, the chemical composition of which approximates the moment of recovery.
How to treat dry cough
To cure a dry cough with folk remedies is not so easy. A rapid effect can be achieved only by simultaneous administration of drugs that suppress the cough reflex. But this is not a cure for the disease, it's only getting rid of the symptoms.
With a dry cough, provoked by a cold disease, it is useful to carry out inhalations. To prepare an inhalant should be mixed in equal amounts of thyme, mother-and-stepmother, chamomile, sage, take 4 tbsp. spoons of this raw material and pour boiling water. Add in infusion 2 drops of menthol or eucalyptus oil and one teaspoon of soda. Inhalation should be done several times a day.
- Diet patient should be enriched with high-calorie, but not heavy food.
- The daily menu should include vegetables and fruits.
- Quickly cure dry cough is impossible without the use of expectorants.
- The patient must necessarily see the doctor.
The appearance of a dry cough against the background of a cold is a very typical phenomenon. Sometimes cough to treat and not necessary, he independently passes during the treatment of the disease itself.
If it is nasal and accompanied by viscous sputum, it is necessary to start taking medications that dilute sputum.
Folk recipes for cough reflex treatment
Folk recipes for cough should be used for complex disposal of the disease. To refuse from the medicamental therapy appointed or nominated by the doctor, it is not necessary. Traditional medicine is effective only as an auxiliary treatment.
The following recipes, due to their effectiveness, are very popular among the people:
- Colds accompanied by coughs are well treated with honey and radish. In the radish cut a small hole with a knife and pour honey into it. The product will very soon release juice, which must be drunk one teaspoon 4 times a day.
- You can quickly cure with a fig, previously soaked in milk. To do this, use cow's milk, which must be heated to a hot state. In the milk you need to put a few fruits of figs, insist and grind along with the milk. Puff-like mass should be taken 1/3 cup before meals 3 times a day.
- Treat a dry cough with a mixture of aloe, honey and butter. Ingredients should be taken in equal parts, mix and take the resulting product one teaspoon 4 times a day.
- Fight with a painful cough you can take infusions of medicinal herbs. For example, infusions from thyme, plantain and nettle. Leaves of the plant must be crushed, pour a glass of steep boiling water, put in a water bath and keep it for about 15 minutes. Next, the remedy should be infused for 30 minutes. Chilled broth filter and take one tablespoon before meals 5-6 times a day.
- Radish finely chopped, covered with sugar, put on a baking sheet and baked for 2 hours. The pieces of radish should then be discarded, and the juice from the pan should be drained into a container. Such a remedy can be given even to infants.
- There is a special cough cure for coffee lovers. It is not recommended to use coffee for colds, but it can be replaced with chicory, oats, rye, barley, which are brewed just like ordinary coffee. You can add milk to the drink.
In severe attacks, you need to take poppy milk. It is prepared as follows:
- a few spoons of dry poppy soak in hot water;
- drain the water, and crush the poppy in a mortar;
- add a tumbler of boiling water to the crushed poppy and insist 10-15 minutes.
- To profile.
To drink such milk it is necessary warm.
The cause of dry coughing can be an external allergen or irritant. Such a phenomenon can not be treated in the ways listed above. Therefore, when a cough reflex occurs, it is first necessary to consult a doctor.
The doctor will determine the nature of the disease and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Do I need to quickly cough?The described phenomenon in most cases acts as a kind of protective reaction of the organism, aimed at removing toxins that appeared due to the development of some inflammatory the process
. Given this fact, the elimination of coughing will directly contribute to further infection of a person. Toxins will accumulate, and the disease will pass into a chronic form.
However, medicine is also known for its unproductive, debilitating cough, which is already unable to perform its drainage function. In such a situation, the suppression of the cough center by medical preparations is fully justified. Although quickly to win cough and get rid of high temperatures can and without taking pharmacological agents.
- Radish (6-8 pieces) should be cut into thin slices, covered with sugar and set aside for 6 hours for infusion, until the juice is separated from the product. This juice should be drunk every hour for one tablespoon.
- Pour a small lemon with boiling water and put on fire for 10 minutes. Then the lemon needs to be cooled, cut into slices and squeezed out the juice into the same water, in which the lemon was cooked. To the liquid, add two tablespoons of glycerin oil and ½ cup of honey. This mixture should be taken several times a day for 2 tablespoons.
A patient with a cold should drink boiled milk, with the addition of:
- alkaline mineral water;
- anise oil;
With hoarseness, you should drink tea with butter and have cocoa butter. This often happens with the flu, so in parallel it's good to know how to treat flu at home.
For a quick exit of phlegm, you need to use a composition made from cowberry juice and honey (you can use sugar syrup).
Medical preparations for coughing complex effects have a very negative effect on the liver. Therefore, the symptoms of the disease should be treated separately. Most often, doctors prescribe to their patients expectorant and suppressive medications.
Expectorants are very effective in getting rid of sputum. Suppressive drugs, however, suppress only the cough reflex.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Use of a medical dressing in contact with sick people.
- To give up smoking.
- Reception of vitamins.
- Passing an annual vaccination against influenza.
- Drinking lots of fluids.
Before you start taking this or that drug, be sure to carefully read the instructions. The medicine may have contraindications and side effects, which can seriously affect the general condition of the patient. Self-medication is best not to deal with, drug therapy, as well as folk remedies can be taken only on the advice of a doctor, and why is said in the video in this article.
Folk remedies for cough, bronchitis and tracheitis
With the onset of the first colds, the number of people suffering from colds increases. Frequent companions of acute respiratory infections are inflammations of the upper respiratory tract causing a debilitating cough, which will be very difficult to cope with. There is a whole arsenal of medicines designed to fight the common cold. However, their use is not always possible. Then people's remedies for cough, bronchitis and tracheitis come to the rescue. The most popular are herbal decoctions, honey and inhalations. They help to cope with the disease, without harming the body.
Advantages of folk methods of treatment
Traditional medicine during its existence contained a huge number of methods of treatment. Each of them, before reaching us, was tested not on one generation. The effectiveness of using folk remedies for cough, bronchitis and tracheitis is confirmed by the recognition of official medicine. Herbal preparations are prescribed as part of complex therapy in parallel with antibiotics, and sometimes they are also used as an independent remedy for the treatment of ailment. This is explained by the presence of the advantages of folk methods over medicines, among them:
- Environmental Safety.
- Mild effects on the body as a whole.
- Long-term effectiveness check.
- The ability to combine several treatments.
- The minimum number of contraindications.
- Lack of addiction.
- Minimal chance of side effects.
- Vitaminization of the body and strengthening of immunity.
The most effective folk remedies for coughing
How to get rid of a cough? There is a huge arsenal of folk remedies that help to defeat the disease. An important condition for the effectiveness of their use is to determine the characteristics of the disease. Cough can be morning, night, dry, with phlegm, constant or intermittent. In addition, when choosing a remedy, it is necessary to take into account the age of the patient. Particular attention needs an approach to the treatment of infants. Let's consider, effective folk remedies for a strong cough, bronchitis and tracheitis:
How fast can an adult be cured? Folk remedies for cough, acute bronchitis and tracheitis in adults include decoctions, infusions from plant raw materials, applications and inhalations. Chronic bronchitis treatment with folk remedies:
- Goose fat for oral administration. Helps cure dry, rending cough. The main effect of goose fat is to dilute sputum, removing it from the lungs. For the manufacture of the drug, use the interior fat of the bird, which is heated by over-frying. To cure a prolonged cough, drink in the morning one tablespoon of fat on an empty stomach. Relief comes on the second day. Completely get rid of a prolonged cough is obtained within 7 days of fat treatment.
- Milk, honey, onion and garlic. The broth, prepared with the help of these ingredients, helps with a strong wet cough, relieves wheezes. To get the drug, take a half-liter of milk, boil in it for 10 minutes, three pre-chopped bulbs, the head of garlic. After that, allow to cool slightly and pour all the contents into the blender, where it is ground to the state of gruel. Then add a couple tablespoons of honey, better than lime. Drink this cough drug at least 5 times a day, pre-heating a little. Relief of the condition comes after the first admission.
- Bogorodskaya herb (thyme). This fragrant plant helps from chronic dry cough, including the smoker's cough. Very good expectorant folk remedy. The broth is made from 250 ml of water and one tablespoon of dry herb. The grass is added to cold water, brought to a boil and tinned for 5 minutes. The broth must be filtered. Adults drink a remedy in a warm form instead of tea. Children are given 1/3 cup morning and evening. Receiving a decoction from a cough will dilute sputum, which helps to clear the lungs, even from tobacco products. You need to drink medicine for at least two weeks.
- Potatoes. With the help of this vegetable, an effective application is made, helping to cope with a chronic cough. To do this, take 2-3 potatoes, peel and boil. Without letting to cool, the ready potatoes are mashed, put in a plastic bag. On the back of the patient put a cotton napkin, on top of which a bag of mashed potatoes is applied. It is necessary to check if the hot compress is not too hot before applying. Top cover with a blanket. The application from the cough is kept until the potatoes cool down.
Children's cough is cured more difficult, if only because it is more difficult to clear the respiratory tract from sputum. But there are a number of folk remedies that cure even a protracted cough for a child. Dr. Komarovsky suggests easing it by diluting sputum. To this end, the doctor recommends the use of cough treatment in children by folk remedies. Among them, the following methods are distinguished by their efficiency and ease of use:
- Eggs, milk, honey. With the help of these ingredients, a sweet potion is prepared which will quickly cure a slight cough. To prepare the preparation, take a glass of boiled milk, add 30 g of honey and butter. Separately, we'll take out the egg yolk, put it in milk. To drink such a medicine is better at night.
- Onion, sugar. A sweet syrup made from these ingredients weakens a strong cough. For him, you need 2 bulbs, a liter of water and a glass of sugar. The washed bulbs are dipped in boiling water with sugar dissolved in it and are pressed for about an hour. Then the syrup is drained. Children are given one tablespoon of warm medication every three to four hours.
- Honey, cabbage. These products make the application of a cough to the chest. The remedy is very effective, relief comes the day after the first procedure. To prepare, you need one cabbage leaf and a couple of spoons of honey. Sheet smeared with honey, put to the chest. The coughing application is kept all night. In the morning they remove the sluggish leaf of cabbage. Honey is completely absorbed into the patient's skin. Before using folk remedies for cough, bronchitis and tracheitis, it is necessary to measure the temperature, if it is above 3 degrees, then it is better to postpone the procedure.
Recipes for treatment of bronchitis at home
Bronchitis is a serious disease that begins as a simple cold, which results in inflammation of the bronchi. Accompanying the ailment with hard breathing, first a dry cough, then wet, sometimes almost squelching. In patients, the temperature rises and there is pain in the chest with a cough. Chronic bronchitis symptoms are diagnosed only by a doctor. The presence of this form of disease is indicated by thickening of the walls of the bronchi. It is more difficult to treat the disease and you can not do without folk remedies. The causes of bronchitis are normal seasonal infections.
If the child is sick, then how to treat bronchitis in children? In this case, you need to get a doctor's consultation. Signs of bronchitis in the child do not manifest immediately. From the moment of the disease can take about a week. In such cases, excretion of sputum becomes very important. Otherwise, complications in the form of bronchopneumonia, the treatment of which is made only in a hospital. We offer the most effective, easy ways to treat bronchitis:
- Black radish. The juice of this root will help to cope with acute bronchitis. To do this, you need a couple of vegetables that are thoroughly washed. In each root crop, using a knife, cut off the cap and take out the pulp in the form of a funnel. In the lower part, only a small puncture is made. Take a tea cup, put a radish in it. Put a teaspoon of honey into the resulting funnel. Bottom of the puncture after 30 minutes begins to drip sweet juice. Give it on a tablespoon 5 times a day. Apply this syrup with a dry cough. Relief of bronchitis symptoms comes on the third day.
- Ginger. This miracle root has antiseptic, expectorant, bactericidal action, cures a severe cough, relieves bronchospasm. Can be used as a prophylaxis for pneumonia, bronchitis. To make a drug, you need one teaspoon of lemon juice, ginger and honey, a glass of boiling water. Juices are mixed, honey is added. Give the mixture to stand and pour boiling water. Cover the container with something warm and let it stand for 10 minutes. Drinking a drug from bronchitis should be one hour. l. every 30 minutes.
- Badger fat. Strong means of atrophic and obstructive bronchitis. They drink fat from cough in undiluted form on one tablespoon in the morning. The agent helps to restore the epithelium of the bronchi. You can drink not only at the time of exacerbation of the disease, but also for prevention in the autumn-winter period. Children are not recommended to give this medication for bronchitis: it can provoke a strong allergic reaction.
How to treat tracheitis with folk remedies
Tracheitis is a catarrhal disease that often takes on a chronic form. Accompanies SARS, sinusitis, bronchitis. They are often affected by women and children. Characterized by perspiration in the throat, dry "barking" cough, change in voice for the time of illness. Than to treat a tracheitis? Traditional medicine offers a lot of easy ways, eliminating this problem. The most effective are the following:
- Birch tar. This ingredient is used to make a strong cough remedy. To do this, take 1 spoonful of tar and dilute it with 8 tablespoons of boiled water. Stir and insist for two days. Then remove the film from the surface of the liquid, pour it into another dish and put in the refrigerator. Drink this drug you need one spoon at night. In the morning, tar should be rinsed with tar water. To cure a severe cough, three procedures are enough.
- Cacao butter. This product helps cure tracheitis, dry, hard cough and bronchitis. Chocolate aroma of oil allows you to use the medicine in the treatment of children. To do this, mix the butter with hot milk in the proportions: 0 and drink. At a time, take no more than 100 ml of the drug. It is allowed to eat 3 times a day.
Video: inhalations that cushion cough
How to cure a cough? For colds accompanied by a runny nose and cough, inhalation is used. This procedure helps reduce the viscosity of phlegm and mucus in the nasopharynx and removes them from the body. For her, you need an inhaler, decoctions of herbs (sage, marigold, eucalyptus, chamomile), soda, iodine, Borjomi mineral water, fresh onion juice and garlic. In some cases, with a strong cough, combinations of these ingredients are used. In order for the procedure to work, follow certain rules about which you will learn from the following video:
Feedback on results after treatment
Alisa, 34 years old: I'm a teacher, and I, like many teachers, have weak vocal cords. In addition to the peaks of the spread of infection, when all the children get sick, I get infected from them and I suffer from tracheitis for a long time. The only salvation for me was inhalation with mineral water. They soften the throat, relieve dryness and help quickly get rid of cough with phlegm. In addition to inhalations, I do a castor compress for the night, which helps me cope with the disease without the sick.
Oksana, 24 years old: I have a little son. He's 2 years old. He is very often sick. Cope with a cough helps a cake of honey, mustard and flour. I take all the ingredients in equal proportions and mix. In order not to get irritated, I lubricate the skin with baby cream. I put a flat cake on the back, I put a diaper on top and wrap it around. I hold three or four hours and shoot. Cough completely passes for a week.
Victor, 48 years old: I have chronic bronchitis. But I have not remembered it for years because of badger fat. I drink this folk remedy in the autumn every year on a teaspoon before breakfast. On the course I use a half liter jar. Very tasteless medicine with a peculiar smell, but it always saved me from coughing. When absolutely unbearable, I add honey. This means is not suitable for everyone. My wife has a sick liver, she can not drink it.
Treatment of various types of cough folk remedies
Despite modern progress in medicine, folk remedies sometimes become an indispensable aid in the treatment of colds and directly coughing. Sometimes they even help to get rid of the disease completely. In order for the treatment to help, you need to know what kind of cough a sick person has.
Cough is divided into such basic forms:
When selecting methods for treating each of the types of cough, one must adhere to recommendations in order to increase efficiency. The history of our home medicine stores the best folk remedies that will please both adults and children. The composition of the recipes of traditional medicine includes components that our grandmothers used in the preparation of miracle cures. They are not just productive, but also very useful, which will help to quickly overcome any kind of cough.
How to cure a mild cough with folk remedies
The basic and simplest folk recipes for the treatment of mild cough are syrups, sugar candy candies and ginger tea. With the correct and fairly frequent use of these drugs, you can quickly get rid of this form of the disease:
- Syrups. There are many folk recipes for the preparation of syrups for the treatment of mild forms. This means of black radish juice and honey, honey and oil mixtures and other light folk remedies that are prepared to your taste. Here is one of the simplest recipes for cough syrup: mix in equal proportions honey and olive oil until completely dissolved and take as needed.
- Burnt sugar. Quickly cure a light cough will help burnt sugar. To make it, you need to pour 1 cup of sugar on a clean and dry frying pan, put on slow fire and heat until dark. Pour the resulting mass into a mold or on a plate. To dissolve in small pieces 4-5 times a day.
- Ginger-apple tea. Put in the cup finely chopped ginger, a little green tea, apple straw (finely chopped apple) and pour boiling water. If desired, you can add a couple of leaves of mint. After a few minutes, add honey to taste in the tea.
How to cure dry cough folk remedies
This kind of cough is very unpleasant, characterized by acute attacks of a reflex act. For its treatment use the means, helping to calm mucous membranes and conducive to moisturizing cough. In folk medicine, there are a lot of herbs that perfectly cope with this task. They are used in cooking:
- Inhalations. To treat dry cough often use inhalation. Traditional medicine is full of various auxiliary components for this method of treatment. These are oil preparations: oil of eucalyptus, dog rose, sea buckthorn, which are added to boiling water and breathe by their evaporation. Herbal infusions are also widely used for this procedure. In order to relieve dry cough, steam is often used during cooking potatoes. It is enough to add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to it and you will get a wonderful remedy for treatment. To properly hold the inhalation, you need to monitor the temperature, do not bend too low over the tank with boiling water and monitor the time of using the procedure.
- Decoction of walnut and elder. With a dry cough, a very active agent is the decoction of the nut. For its preparation take four unrefined walnuts and cook it with 1 tablespoon. berries of elderberry in, l. water for about half an hour. After cooking it is filtered and a little honey is added. Take 1 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day.
- Black currant syrup. A very simple and effective remedy is a syrup of black currant juice. For its preparation take a glass of juice and a half cup of honey. Mix and take a few tablespoons 5-6 times a day.
- Infusion of mother-and-stepmother. In boiling water, throw a small pinch of dry mother-and-stepmother. Water should not be more than 200ml. Infusion immediately removed from the fire and wait for about half an hour, until it is boiled. Drink 50 ml several times a day.
How to cure a wet cough with folk methods
In the treatment of wet cough, the main task is the dilution of sputum and its rapid elimination. To do this, many people's means of various forms are used. Basically, these are infusions and decoctions that help improve the patency of the bronchi, increase expectoration and make the sputum more fluid:
- Infusion of viburnum. For cooking, take a handful of berries of the viburnum and pour them to the top with honey. Insist until they let the juice. After that, a couple of spoons of the resulting mixture is poured with boiling water and drunk instead of tea.
- Milk drink from cough. In warm milk add soda to the tip of the knife and a spoonful of honey. Mix and eat immediately after preparation.
- Decoction of sage. Salvia is a well-known folk expectorant since time immemorial. To prepare this medicine you will need dried leaves and stems. Handful of sage fill with water, put on medium heat and boil. The resulting broth should be cooled to a warm state and filtered. Drink half a glass 2-3 times a day.
How to cure acute and bronchial cough by folk methods
These species are characterized by protracted attacks, which torment the patient not only during the day, but also at night. When treating them, you need to soften and calm a strong cough, reduce the number of reflex acts, lead to getting rid of the disease and get full recovery. This is helped by syrups, infusions, flourishes and compresses:
- Milk and onion syrup. Onion has long been considered a wonderful natural antiseptic and a fighter with various diseases. Not an exception and a cough. There is a wonderful grandmother's recipe, which is prepared very easily. To prepare a cough remedy, you need to clean two medium-sized bulbs thoroughly and put them in boiling water with one glass of sugar. Cook for one hour over low heat. After this, the onion is pulled out, and the resulting syrup is used for 50-70 ml. 4 5 times a day.
- Compresses made from mustard and honey. Mix flour with a small amount of vegetable oil, add to the mixture dry mustard and honey (1 table. spoonful of all ingredients) and reheat in a water bath. After that add 2 tables to the composition. spoons of vodka. The resulting mixture is used for compressors at night for 3-4 consecutive days. For convenience and greater efficiency, the compress when used is covered with gauze, oilcloth and warm material.
- Infusion of aira. A handful of crushed roots of ara are poured into a glass of boiling water. Insist 10-15 minutes and drink half an hour before meals with each meal.
How to cure a protracted and chronic strong cough with folk methods
If the treatment is incorrectly selected or the disease is started, then the cough changes into a protracted or chronic form. The aching person begins to feel worse, attacks of the reflex act appear more often, although not so painful as with acute and bronchial cough. But for folk medicine, nothing is impossible. There are recipes for syrups, broths, and other medicines that help cope with this ailment:
- Syrup from boiled lemon. The whole lemon needs to be cooked for about 15 minutes, the loan squeezes the juice into a glass and mixes it with two spoons of glycerin, add honey until the glass is filled. Take a few teaspoons, depending on the nature of the cough.
- Decoction of onion peel. Onion has long been considered a wonderful natural antiseptic and a fighter with various diseases. Not an exception and a cough. For 1 liter of water, take the husks from 10 bulbs. Cook on low heat until the amount of water is reduced by half. The broth slightly cool, rid the husks and add honey. Drink 3-4 times a day for 150 ml.
- Decoction of milk and egg yolk. In the heating milk (250-300 ml.) Add 1-2 tablespoons of honey, 1 spoon of butter and soda (at the tip of the knife). Whisk egg yolk into the foam and add to the mixture. Cooked broth is removed from the fire, without waiting for a boil, and eat 3-4 times a day.
When treating any type of cough, you should not ignore grandmother's recipes, which our people have long enjoyed since they deserved only positive reviews. They treat comfortably, accessible, and most importantly - without side effects. The only exception is the individual intolerance of this or that ingredient. Therefore, you can easily find a means to taste, both adults and children.
Cough treatment at home. Cough: treatment with folk remedies
When the cold comes, many adults and children face such an unpleasant phenomenon as coughing. He interferes with normal sleep, breathing, talking and causing severe discomfort. Very often cough is a danger to others, because with the saliva in the air is thrown out a lot of germs.
In this situation, you need to apply quality medication. But we should not forget about folk methods, because they are basically simple and accessible. What should be the effective and proper treatment for cough in the home? In what cases is it better to seek medical help from a doctor?
How to ease the course of the disease
Cough is a reaction of the body, which is aimed at expelling from the field of light foreign objects or accumulated mucus. The surface of the trachea, bronchi, and larynx is covered with a sensitive tissue, which reacts sharply to stimuli. They can be dust, bacteria, cold air or a rich, pungent smell.
Strong cough should not be suppressed or blocked, but facilitated by expectorant drugs and healing infusions.
Treatment of cough in the home should be done only with the permission of the doctor. It is very important for the patient not to forget about the abundant drink that soothes the irritated throat.
To facilitate the course of the disease, it is necessary:
- to give up smoking;
- At night, put a high pillow to slightly ease coughing attacks;
- several times a day to conduct a wet cleaning;
- Avoid inhalation of sharp odors, smoke, dust;
- Do not give up medicinal ointments, sugar candies, grindings, compresses.
Wet cough: symptoms, treatment
The disease is characterized by a strong expectorant reflex, in which a sufficient amount of accumulated mucus is released from the respiratory tract. The faster the body clears, the sooner the disease goes. Cough with phlegm is treated easier than dry, and delivers the body much less discomfort.
The paramount task in the treatment of this type of disease is the reception of funds that effectively remove mucus from the respiratory system. The patient is recommended to drink a lot, especially the use of herbal infusions is welcomed. Teas from raspberry, linden, currant and dog rose are perfect.
If a wet cough is observed, preparations containing codeine are contraindicated for its treatment. It has an overwhelming effect on reflex expectorants and can aggravate the course of the disease.
This ailment gives the patient considerable discomfort. Constant coughing attacks disturb sleep, do not allow to eat normally, talk. The patient becomes irritable and tired, because the ailment is very exhausting, delivering not only physical, but also psychological difficulties.
Dry cough should be treated with agents that suppress its appearance. Particular attention is paid to inhalations, physiotherapy, massage. However, before treating a dry cough, it is important to establish its causes, since it can signal the occurrence of other, more serious pathologies in the body.
In the event of a characteristic "barking" cough, treatment is done to soften and moisten it. Often, the cause of this type of disease becomes acute respiratory disease. With the right approach, after a few days, a cough with phlegm appears. And over time, attacks stop.
Methods of getting rid of the disease
Quickly and effectively cure a wet cough with steam inhalations. During these procedures it is important to inhale as much as possible warm air saturated with components of medicinal plants or essential oils. When wet cough will help decoctions of nettle, lime, eucalyptus or sage, with dry - inhalation with the addition of soda.
Perfect means for eliminating the problems of the respiratory tract are broths of mother-and-stepmother, plantain and elecampane. Cooked infusions from these medicinal plants also help with dry cough. They promote softening of mucus and its rapid expectoration.
Good help in getting rid of dry cough warm milk with soda. It should be added only a few grams (at the tip of the knife). This drink reduces the obsessive reflex desire to cough and leads to a rapid cleansing of the respiratory tract from mucus.
Infusions of radish with honey in the treatment of cough
These natural products have antifungal properties and have an invaluable effect on strengthening the body's immune system. Radish with honey as an effective remedy for getting rid of a cough began to be applied in the last century. The recipe for the preparation of the medicine is very simple, and the curative effect of its components allows you to quickly get rid of the ailment.
Option number 1
It is necessary to prepare a medium-sized radish. Cut about 1/4 of its upper part, in the center of the pulp should make a small groove. In the formed hollow, you need to add a spoonful of honey, cover the radish and put it in a secluded place for a while. As a result, you will receive a valuable and tasty medicine. Radish with honey is taken before meals in the amount of two teaspoons. One root is used 3 days, and then replaced with fresh.
Option number 2
If you use this recipe, get a lot of medicinal cough medicine. For its preparation, you must clean 2-3 roots of radish and finely chop it. Insisting occurs in a clay pot. Radish cubes are filled with 100-200 g of liquid honey and left for 12 hours. This tasty and healthy juice is taken for 10 days.
If honey is contraindicated
Everyone knows that this product is a strong allergen. If there are contraindications, and the patient can not take honey, it is replaced with ordinary sugar. In this case, it is better to roast the radish in the oven.
To obtain the medicine, the cut root vegetables are sprinkled with sugar and baked in the oven for 2 hours at an average temperature (about 120 degrees). From the chilled radish squeeze the juice and take it as a regular syrup (before eating).
Radish from cough is used very often. This natural product quickly removes the body from all the symptoms of the disease, destroys the bacteria and significantly strengthens the immune system.
Recipes based on onions
- To obtain a special cough medicine, take 1/2 kg of chopped onion without skin, mix it with 150 g of honey. Then slowly introduce 500 g of sugar and 1 liter of purified water. The resulting mixture is cooked for 2-3 hours, after which it is filtered and kept in the refrigerator for not more than 10 days. With a strong cough take 2 teaspoons to 6 times a day.
- A large onion or two small ones must be carefully grinded. Enter 2 tablespoons of goose fat and mix until smooth. This compress should be applied overnight to the chest area, tied up with a warm kerchief. Such cough treatment at home is carried out within a week.
- 1 head of garlic and 15 medium bulbs are cut as small as possible. Then the resulting mixture is filled with milk and boiled until soft. At the end, honey is introduced, then an infusion of buds, ivy (this is medicinal herb), and all components are mixed. The medicine is taken every hour on a spoon during the day. This recipe for cough is a simple but very effective remedy for softening and expectoration of accumulated mucus.
Recipes based on honey
- To prepare a healing syrup, it is necessary to boil the lemon for about 15 minutes, squeeze out. Add 2 tablespoons of liquid honey and glycerin. Shake thoroughly. If you take this syrup on a teaspoon 5 times a day, the symptoms of the ailment will quickly wane. When the cough becomes rare, the medication can be reduced, and then stopped altogether.
- Prepare the tea from the red clover, insist for an hour. Mix 150 g of honey and 50 g of horseradish rhizome juice. With a strong cough take a teaspoon during the day, drinking tea from the clover.
- Well helps with nonsense hazelnuts. This recipe for cough contains few ingredients, but very well eliminates perspiration in the throat. To prepare the medicinal mixture, it is necessary to grind 100 g of nuts into small grains, add 100 g of honey. To quickly get rid of cough and mitigate the symptoms of the disease, the resulting syrup should be consumed during the day in small portions, each time washed down with warm milk.
Herbal infusions with cough
Healing plants have long been known for their useful properties. Treatment of cough folk remedies is not without the reception of herbal dues, which are most often recommended and prescribed to the patient.
The most effective herbs from cough are:
- althea root;
- nettle, dioecious;
Infusions of these herbs effectively relieve cough, soften its manifestations and reduce seizures. To prepare decoctions of the plant, it is better to pour boiling water and insist in a thermos for 4-6 hours. Such healing tea will not lose its useful properties, which are easily destroyed by prolonged heat treatment.
However, it is worth remembering that some herbs are contraindicated if there is an allergic cough in an adult. Treatment in this case is carried out with the help of antihistamines and respiratory gymnastics.
Cough in children
When a child has the first symptoms of a disease, parents do not always have the opportunity to consult a doctor. Therefore, when coughing in children, folk medicine is used very often. They are more easily tolerated by babies and do not contain chemical additives that are harmful to the still fragile body.
Certainly, to conduct independent treatment is not necessary, but it is better to contact the pediatrician. He will prescribe effective drugs that will help the child cope with the disease. But along with the use of medicamentous agents, it is advisable to carry out folk cough treatment in children.
Most often the child is recommended compresses from natural products, teas, wraps and steam trays. Along with these procedures, a doctor should be prescribed funds for cough for children - syrups, candies, medical aerosols.
Well-established potato compress. To make it, you need a few medium-cooked root crops. Warm potatoes warm up along with the skin, gradually introduced alcohol, turpentine and any vegetable oil (on a tablespoon).
Formed 2 flat cakes of medium size. One is applied to the baby's breast, the other to the back. On top, the compresses are covered with a towel and left for an hour.
Treatment of cough folk remedies can be carried out with the help of mustard. Babies can make steam baths for feet, older children - put mustard plasters. For the treatment of cough in newborns, the wrapping works well. For this procedure you need to soak the diaper with mustard solution and wrap the baby around it for 3-5 minutes.
Very often, parents use a radish from cough, especially in a baked version. The resulting juice turns out so delicious that children with pleasure take this useful, healing and tasty medicine.
Carrying out inhalations
This procedure has a good effect, because healing couples penetrate into the deepest parts of the respiratory tract. If cough treatment at home with the help of compresses or wraps has not brought results, you can try to hold the child inhalation.
For the procedure it is better to buy a modern device - a nebulizer. For inhalation, such herbs as chamomile, thyme, mother-and-stepmother are perfectly suitable. With a damp cough in hot water, you can add a few drops of essential oils - mint, eucalyptus.
If there is no nebulizer at hand, an old but effective method - the inhalation of potato steam will help.
However, it is worth remembering that any inhalation should be limited to a period of 10 minutes, and at high temperatures this procedure is contraindicated.
Medication "Gedelix" (cough syrup): instructions for use
The drug is indicated for various diseases of the respiratory tract, which are accompanied by a difficult expectoration of accumulated mucus.
Syrup "Gedelix" contains a thick extract obtained from ivy leaves.
The drug is taken at any time of the day, it is not necessary to plant it. Newborns and children of younger age group should add syrup to juice or tea. Basically, the medicine is well tolerated.
The period of application is set by the doctor, but even with a mild form of cough the treatment is carried out for 7 days. After the disappearance of signs of the disease, taking the drug does not stop. In order to consolidate the effect, it should be consumed another 2-3 days.
The dosage table is presented here.Syrup "Gedelix dosage
|Age||Number of receptions per day||Dosage, ml||Maximum number per day|
|1 to 4 years||3 times||,||150 mg of the active ingredient|
|4 to 10 years||4 times||,||200 mg of active ingredient|
|Children from 10 years and adults||3 times||5||300 mg of the active ingredient|
Diabetics should take the syrup with caution, since in 5 ml of the drug contains about 4 g of fructose. The sorbitol, which is part of the medicine, can have a laxative effect on the body.
The drug "Gedelix" is contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation. In some patients, there was an increased sensitivity to syrup, which manifested itself in the form of diarrhea, nausea, vomiting.
If the patient has hereditary diseases associated with intolerance to fructose, the drug is contraindicated.
The medicine "Gedelix" can not be taken to children under the age of 1 year.
We take care
Parents should be especially careful if the coughing episodes in the child do not stop at night. To ease his condition, use an air humidifier or turn on hot water in the bathroom to form a thick steam.
If improvement is not observed, you should ventilate the room well or go out with the child on the street - in the fresh air the attack will pass faster.
Carefully study the instruction of the cough remedy. For children in the drug box must be a measuring cup, a spoon or a syringe dispenser.
Call your doctor immediately if:
- a strong cough lasts more than 15 days;
- with expectoration along with the mucus, you have found blood;
- there was a pain in the chest;
- breathing became difficult and hoarse;
- there were other dangerous symptoms, such as fever or fever;
- began to show signs of an allergic reaction to the prescribed drug.
Especially dangerous is a severe cough, the attacks of which lead to vomiting. This form of the disease most often speaks of the pathologies that are present in the airways. In general, vomiting from coughing occurs in children and is a sign of bronchitis or colds.
If such features accompany an adult cough, an immediate medical examination is required. Independent treatment in this case is unacceptable, since vomiting can indicate the development of serious diseases in the body.
We treat dry cough with folk remedies quickly: decoctions, infusions, compresses
Some believe that a dry cough is less dangerous than a wet cough. Explain this primitively by ignorance: there is no phlegm - there is no danger. In fact, dry cough is much more dangerous and traumatic. Wet easily separates the pathogenic mucus, removing it from the bronchi. And the more such mucus, the more all the airways are cleared.
With a dry cough of productivity, zero for two reasons: in the bronchi there is no sputum or an insufficient reduction in the shock.Cough is not really a disease. It is a reflex, mechanical reaction of the body to the penetration of foreign bodies or objects into the respiratory tract.
The respiratory tracts contain a semblance of small villi, which work in the manner of "wipers" on the glass. As soon as something has got inside, villi diligently push out an object with the help of a cough. The appearance of dry cough is an accurate sign that your respiratory tract is injured in attempts, and pathogens remain in the bronchi themselves.
It is important to minimize the likelihood of injury and help the body by making the cough more active and productive.
Drinking and compresses from dry cough
All treatment is directed to the solution of one task: increasing sputum discharge. Folk remedies, the so-called grandmother's recipes for cough, actively help to solve such problems, especially when combined with traditional therapy. In general, coughs are extremely sensitive to home remedies. That's why the patient has about 7-10 days to independently try to get rid of a dry cough. If coughing is not a sign of serious illness, then usually a few days are enough.
Many herbs, for example, oregano, licorice and St. John's wort, have a pronounced antitussive property. Do not forget to add drinking lemon and honey.
Infusions of herbs are becoming a dangerous weapon in this war. Do not forget the basis of life: we are children of nature and she, like a good mother, has already created medicines. A number of herbs have a pronounced antitussive property that can dilute sputum:
- licorice; but how to take an expectorant for licorice root, you can learn from this article.
- St. John's wort;
- mother and stepmother.
Decoctions of these herbs can be mixed or brewed separately.
You can alternate the techniques of these herbs, from this the result will only accelerate.
The effect of milk with honey will be noticeable almost immediately
Honey and milk are historical helpers in many diseases.Warm milk mixed with a piece of butter, add a spoonful of honey and you can drink at night. The effect will make itself felt almost immediately. Especially if you alternate with the use of honey and black radish. It is made simply: in a radish cut an aperture or two. Then honey is poured in there, it is better than May. Night this "exposure" insists the night and then try to eat a spoon several times a day. Not particularly pleasant, but the power is unlimited.Than to treat dense snot in a child, is indicated in the article.
What to do when dark brown snot appeared, this article will help to understand.
Than treating snot like water, is indicated here: http://prolor.ru/n/lechenie-n/sopli-kak-voda-u-rebenka-chem-lechit.html
Compresses complete the picture, enhance the effect of tinctures and decoctions. Some recipes deserve special attention:
- a potato in a uniform. Mnem and do compresses;
- "Cough mixture black radish juice, honey and dry mustard. All in equal shares at night;
- hot honey for the night.
It is important: removing the compresses, immediately wrap yourself in a bathrobe so that the heat goes away slowly. Compresses can be done on the chest, back.
Recipes for inhalationsThe simplest option is to breathe the steam of native potatoes. Potatoes in uniforms, for efficiency add a little mint or a couple drops of fir oil. Vapors of essential oils help to soften the dryness of cough and increase the mucus's separation:
Inhalations from herbal extracts of chamomile or licorice can be alternated with inhalations based on mother-and-stepmother.It is important only to understand that herbs can cause allergies.This is especially true for licorice, so ask a specialist about the appropriateness of the application.
Treatment of dry cough during pregnancy
Cough during pregnancy should be as safe as possible
When pregnancy is rarely prescribed traditional therapy with medication. Unconventional conditions are necessary to allow a pregnant woman to take pills. Usually such practice is only if the probable harm from taking is lower than from the disease.
Dry cough causes spasms, the uterus can contract and provoke early childbirth.But folk medicine should be circumspect. For example, licorice is strictly prohibited as a provoker of edema and hormonal disorders. Here you can not do without a doctor. Only he can correctly recommend the treatment of dry cough herbs, without medication.
Moms should know: they can not drink infusions of herbs. The best cough medicine for pregnant women is inhalation and rinsing, in some cases you can compress.
Inhalations are useful with:
- boiled potatoes;
- infusions of thyme and St. John's wort;
- chamomile and sage.
With these herbs you can do inhalations for the night. Sometimes a doctor makes exceptions, allowing to drink infusions of chamomile or thyme.
Make infusions fresh, do not stand for long. You need to cook on a water bath.
For pregnant women it is important to observe the basic rules of treatment:
- humid air in the room;
- more fluid (if there is no edema);
- calm regime;
- frequent cleaning;
- elimination of all animals and possible allergens at the time of treatment.
For pregnant women, many recipes from dry cough for children, their action is as soft and safe as possible. Remember that burnt sugar with a dry cough is also effective.
The stronger the cough, the harder the likely complications
Complications can cause a strong cough without separating the sputum. Because of the powerful contractions, the brain ceases to receive the necessary enzymes, the blood flow is markedly reduced. The stronger the dry cough, the heavier the disturbance.
Dry cough can become chronic, then it will begin to provoke more severe conditions:
- prolapse of the uterus;
- poor sleep;
- fatigue fractures of the ribs;
- appearance of attempts to hernia;
- voluntary and uncontrolled emptying of the urinary and intestines.
The best folk recipes from a dry cough you will find in this video:
Speaking of a cough, you can not miss the fact that it can only be a sign. Cough can occur along with other symptoms that indicate a possible disease. Therefore, before you treat it, listen to yourself. Perhaps there is still fever or pain in the chest, problems with urination or speech. The situation should always be evaluated completely, otherwise while you are intensively treating a dry cough, you develop pleurisy or something worse.
And these are only superficial changes that will entail further changes in the functioning of the body.A saddening, agonizing cough can reach such a pitch when a man starts tearing, sometimes even with blood.Therefore, it is important to treat dry cough at once, directing all the treatment for sputum liquefaction and its exit outward.
If you can not cope and the cough is still stubbornly dry, then it's time to introduce "heavy troops" in the form of antibiotics and other medications that can only be prescribed by a specialist.
Folk remedies for dry cough in adultsDry cough accompanies various diseases - pneumonia, bronchitis, laryngitis, colds, allergies, helminths, can also bother if the thyroid gland is enlarged, in any case it needs to be treated. Pharmaceutical medications are not always helpful, which can further exacerbate the disease by causing bronchospasm. In such cases, it is best to pay attention to folk methods of treatment, which are safer.
Popular methods for treating dry cough
If there is a dry cough, there is almost no mucus, so the body is hard to eliminate the infection, the virus, the bacterium, because of this, a strong dry cough starts to bother. So the body displays all foreign microorganisms.
Therefore, in this situation it is recommended to use folk methods of treatment that will help to soften the dry cough:
1. Drink milk in hot form, be sure to add alkaline water, honey, so a lot of mucus will form and dry cough will quickly pass. Effective fatty cream. In cases where a person does not tolerate dairy products, it is recommended to add butter to tea.
2. The mixture of onions and sugar will help the adults. To do this, you must prepare the onion, then add the sugar, mix everything thoroughly, everything must be infused at night to start to form the juice. The drug is taken sutra, first juice, after you must try to eat the onions. So cough will quickly leave you.
3. Since ancient times, honey with radish is the best remedy for adults from dry cough. For this, a black radish is taken, a small hole is made in it, after which chalk is put. Insist up to three hours. Use in the morning, at lunch, in the evening and at night before eating. The effect will increase if you add carrot juice.
4. Lemon with the addition of honey. To prepare a medicine, you need to take a lemon, add glycerin to it. Mix everything thoroughly, top up with honey. If a dry cough in an adult is not strong, it is enough to eat three times a day. In cases where the cough is very strong and dry, you need to eat the medicine up to 7 times. When you see that it becomes easier, reduce the dosage of the syrup.
5. The best warming agent that will cure a dry cough is dry mustard. To make a medicine, you need to take mustard, flour, sunflower oil, all in one tablespoon, make a cake, put everything in a plastic bag, attach to the back, chest area. Pay attention, on the cardiac area the agent can not be applied.
Herbal inhalation for adults
When the rinse is not effective, it is recommended to use inhalation, soda, chamomile, and oregano are suitable for it.
If you are long disturbed by a dry cough, you need to pour eucalyptus leaves with boiled water. Then construct the funnel, breathe in steam for up to 20 minutes. Also good is inhalation with thyme, mother-and-stepmother, you can put soda and drip eucalyptus oil.
Expectorating folk remedies for the treatment of dry cough
To mitigate cough in an adult, it is recommended to drink liquid in large quantities, alkaline mineral water is best suited. When you see that the cough is moistened, you need to take a decoction, infusion on the basis of medicinal herbs. Well-being helps oregano, mint, mother-and-stepmother, ledum. You can brew separately herbs or use as a collection. In the pharmacy you can buy in the finished form.
From sputum, which is accumulated in large quantities, will help get rid of elecampane, with the help of it you can remove the symptoms of dry cough. To prepare a medicine, you need to brew the root of the plant, insist it. Drink up to three times a day for half an hour before meals. It is especially useful for bronchitis.
The best remedy for a dry cough is the mother-and-stepmother. To prepare the broth, you need to fill the leaves with a glass of water. Insist an hour, eat up to three times a day.
You can quickly cough thyme to prepare a healing remedy, you need to plant the plant grass with a glass of water. Insist up to 25 minutes. Add another glass of water. Drink before eating.
From the unproductive cough helps to get rid of the horsetail field, it needs to pour 500 ml of boiling water, to insist for three hours. Use decoction in small quantities.
An effective remedy is a mixture of milk and onions. To make it, you need to take the head of onions, divide it, pour two glasses of milk. Then boil, the onion should become soft and pale. After the onion is removed from the milk, it is necessary to wait until the mixture has cooled. In the end, honey is added, wait until it dissolves.
Quickly cure dry cough can be with the help of sage, fruits of anise, mullein, licorice, pine buds, althea root. All pour 500 ml of boiling water, insist. Dry cough will help to cure inhalation based on boiled potatoes with fir oil. You need to breathe deeply the couples of broth.
Help bananas, in order to prepare a medicinal mixture, you need to grind them in puree, then add water, sugar, warm everything and drink.
Adults dry cough can be treated with a mixture of wine and pepper. To do this, take the root of the pepper, pour wine, it is best to use white. Use in the morning, afternoon and evening. From a dry cough you can prepare an infusion on the basis of fennel, the root of the althea, use 50 ml to 5 times a day.
Thus, if a dry cough greatly excruciates you, you should definitely try folk methods of treatment, if they are not help, and you notice that the coughing is delayed, it is necessary to consult with the treating doctor, so as not to be complications. Also, be careful about the selection of components for people's methods of treatment, often they can cause serious allergic reactions, further exacerbate the disease, so first check how you react to a certain plant and other products. It is best to consult with a specialist before using folk methods for the treatment of dry cough.
How to quickly cure a child's cough with safe meansCough can be treated after the cause of its appearance has been determined.Cough is a protective reaction of the body that occurs as a result of getting into the respiratory tract of bacterial, allergic or chemical irritants.Therefore, to quickly cure a cough in a child and adults, it is important to establish the cause of its occurrence.
Why does a cough arise?The occurrence of coughing attacks does not always indicate the development of the disease, sometimes such a process can be caused by an allergic reaction of the body. It is customary to identify such factors, in the presence of which children often observe this symptom:
- respiratory viral infections;
- proliferation of adenoids;
- inflammation of ENT organs;
- bronchial asthma;
- the reaction of the body to dry air.
Depending on what caused the cough in children, it is common to divide it into several types. It can be dry, "barking wet, paroxysmal, suffocating.
How is the treatment?
Asking friends how the child quickly cure cough, it should be remembered that the treatment should be carried out only after the child is examined by a pediatrician.
Medical preparations can not be assigned to a child independently, as such actions can lead to serious and irreversible consequences.
In the process of cough treatment a child can be assigned funds belonging to several drug groups. Such cures will help cough:
- Mucolytics- drugs aimed at diluting sputum and removing it to the surface of the respiratory tract. Among them are medicines such as Ambrobene, Halixol, Lazolvan.
- Antitussive- funds that suppress the activity of the cough center. Among the drugs of this action belong Mukaltin, Pertussin, Licorice Root.
- Expectorants- drugs that accelerate the process of sputum expectoration. Gedelix is usually appointed.
Vegetable preparationsIf coughing occurs in children, it is better to give preference to herbal remedies. The main advantage of such drugs is their versatility, they help to cope with dry or wet cough. In addition, they are low-toxic, do not cause side effects, so they are usually prescribed to children.
Licorice root is an effective and safe natural remedy, it is widely used in the manufacture of medicines. It can be syrups, potions, tablets - licorice syrup, tablets with propolis, thoracic elixir. The maximum effect in the treatment of cough will be the use of tea from the root of licorice, which includes other antitussive and anti-inflammatory herbs.
The root of the althaea reduces the intensity of cough and promotes sputum discharge. Children are prescribed such drugs based on the root of the althaea:
- Breast gathering number 1;
- Bronchostop syrup;
When coughing caused by bronchitis, often used plantain, because the leaves and seeds of this plant are endowed with anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties. The plantain extract became a part of such remedies as Plantain syrup, Stoptussin Fito, Evkabal, Tusavit, Pektoral.
As an antitussive agent for acute and chronic form of bronchitis, homeopathic preparations based on ivy extract are used. This plant is used in the process of producing medicines Pectolvan Ivy, Gedelix, Prospan.
Primrose is a plant that has anti-inflammatory, expectorant, antimicrobial and antipyretic effects. The extract of this medicinal plant was included in the Syrup of the Primrose Herbion, Sinupret, Bronchipret.
Classical components of medicines against cough in folk and traditional medicine are such herbs as thyme and thyme. Thyme is endowed with a powerful antimicrobial property, is a part of Stoptussin Fito syrup, drops and syrup Bronchipret, Eucambal syrup.
Some Indian medicines made on the basis of ancient Indian recipes are also popular in pediatrics. These include the following homeopathic medicines:
- syrup Kofol;
- Cook syrup;
- Doctor Mom;
In spite of the fact that herbal medicines are considered relatively safe, they can be taken only by the pediatrician, following the indicated dosage and treatment regimen.
Folk treatmentBeing interested in how quickly to cure a child, you can find many effective recipes of folk medicine. With the development of respiratory-viral diseases accompanied by cough, such folk methods will help:
- Within 10 minutes, cook a small lemon, cool, cut in half, squeeze the juice. Mix with a few spoons of glycerin and honey, take it spoon 4 times a day.
- The process of recovery will speed up the reception of black radish. It should be rubbed, mixed with honey and eaten spoonful in the morning and evening. Also known is this way of using this medicinal root: take a medium-sized radish, cut out the flesh in it, put a few spoons of honey, leave for a while. When the radish leaves the juice, it should be taken several times a day.
- It is useful to drink freshly squeezed carrot juice, mixed in equal parts with milk.
- Cut two onions, boil in a glass of milk, drain, get a liquid to drink every two hours for 2 tablespoons.
- 3 tablespoons of birch buds mixed with 100 g of butter, melt, burn for an hour. Add 200 g of honey, stir and take on a spoon before eating.
- Warm milk is good for coughing. It is mixed with alkaline mineral water: adding a spoonful of honey. You can also stir a spoonful of jam from the figs in the milk.
- For various types of cough, figs, cooked in milk, have long been used. In a glass of milk you need to boil until soft 3 fetuses of figs, you need to drink the medicine before going to bed.
- Lemon torsion in a meat grinder, add a spoonful of honey, insist an hour, take on a spoon 3 times a day.
- Ginger - an effective tool in the treatment of such symptoms of colds, as a cold and cough. It can be used in the preparation of tea, adding other antitussive products - honey or lemon.
Parents need to know what the child quickly cured cough, thus preventing the development of complications of the common cold. However, one can independently carry out treatment only with mild forms of cough, when it is possible to do without medications.