Dibazol - a drug with vasodilating, spasmolytic, hypotensive, moderate immunomodulatory actions.
The drug, affecting the smooth muscles of arterioles, venules, vessels of internal organs, reduces their tone and, accordingly, blood pressure. Dibazol is widely used in neurology, the treatment of hypertension.
On this page you will find all information about Dibazol: the full instruction on the application for this medicine, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Dibazol. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Dibasol refers to myotropic antispasmodics.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
How much is Dibasol? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of20 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
Dibazol is available in the form of tablets and a solution for intravenous, intramuscular or subcutaneous administration. The main active substance of the drug is bendazole, its content is in:
- 1 tablet - 20 mg;
- 1 ml of the solution - 5 or 10 mg.
In the pharmacy chain, Dibazol's preparations come in:
- Contouring the cell pack of 10 tablets in a cardboard pack of 1, 2, 5 or 8 packs;
- In ampoules of 1 ml, 2 ml, 5 ml at a concentration of 10 mg / ml and 5 mg / ml.
It has myotropic (effect on muscles), spasmolytic, vasodilating and moderate, short-term hypotensive (pressure-lowering) action. Influences the smooth muscles of blood vessels (arterioles and venules) and vessels of internal organs. Reducing the tone of blood vessels, dibazol thereby reduces blood pressure and increases blood supply to the areas of myocardial ischemia, which is observed with coronary heart disease. It is able to stimulate interneuronal transmission in the synapses of the spinal cord, which has found wide application in neurology.
Dibasol also has moderate immunomodulating activity, as it has a similarity with levamisole, which refers to drugs that stimulate the processes of immunity. The immunostimulatory effect of dibazol is due to the ability to enhance the production of endogenous interferon.
Indications for use
What helps? Dibazol is indicated for use in the following cases:
- Pathology of the nervous system - flaccid paralysis, associated with a violation of the passage of nerve impulses in the interneuron, muscle-neuronal synapses (residual phenomena of the transferred poliomyelitis, paralysis of the facial nerve, polyneuritis, flaccid paralysis).
- Spasm of smooth musculature of the walls of hollow organs - excessive reduction of the stomach, which connects to the duodenum (pylorus), a significant increase in intestinal tone.
- Spasm of coronary (cardiac) vessels in hypertensive disease or hypertensive crisis (a sharp and significant increase in blood pressure).
Also, the drug helps reduce blood pressure with its intramuscular injection.
According to the instructions, Dibazol is not used if the patient has hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
Pregnant and lactating women Dibazol is not recommended for use. But at the discretion of the doctor, it can be used if the expected benefit from taking it will be higher than the potential risk to the mother and child.
When breastfeeding and the need to use Dibazol, the question with the doctor about the interruption of feeding is solved.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that adults Dibazol in the form of tablets should be taken inside, observing the interval with a meal of at least 2 hours.
- Single dose - 20-50 mg, the frequency of reception - 2-3 times a day, the duration of therapy - 21-28 days (it is possible to conduct shorter courses).
In the treatment of diseases of the nervous system, dibazol should be taken once a day for 5 mg (it is possible to take the drug every other day), only 5-10 treatments per course.
- Children prescribe the drug once a day. A single dose is determined by age. Children under 1 year usually appoint 1 mg, 1-3 years - 2 mg, 4-8 years - 3 mg, 9-12 years - 4 mg, over 12 years - 5 mg. If necessary, after 3-4 weeks, the course can be repeated.
Dibasol in the form of a 1% solution for injection should be administered intramuscularly 2-3 times a day for 2-3 ml. The duration of the therapeutic course is 8-14 days.
During therapy with the drug Dibazol UBF, as a rule, there are no side effects on the part of the body. In rare cases, there may be an arterial hypotension, an electrocardiogram disorder, dizziness.
When using Dibazolum for children, allergic reactions may occur in the form of skin rash, itching, redness. During treatment, there may also be a fever, increased sweating, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting.
The use of the drug in very high doses can cause high sweating, dizziness, the presence of allergic reactions, nausea. If there is an overdose, there is no antidote. The only thing that professionals advise in this case is a lavage of the stomach with a copious amount water, as well as the simultaneous reception of special saline solutions that have a laxative effect.
If this occurs, stop taking the medication immediately and tell the treating person doctor, so that he can prescribe a restorative treatment that promotes high blood pressure.
The drug should not be used for long-term treatment of hypertension, especially in the elderly.
With the simultaneous use of bendazole and phentolamine, the hypotensive effect of bendazole is enhanced.
Bendazol enhances the hypotensive effect of antihypertensive and diuretic drugs.
Bendazol prevents the increase in total peripheral vascular resistance caused by beta - adrenoblockers.
We picked up some of the people's feedback on the drug Dibazol:
- Tanya. I take dibazol during the flu epidemic. It also helps me with spasms of the brain vessels. I accept it when the spasm starts-once.
- Sergei. My mother all quite long life was hypotonic, her "working" pressure was 95/60, and then suddenly about two months ago there was a hypertensive crisis with digital indicators of 160/110. Fortunately, I was with her and in time stopped all these troubles, then it began to be repeated quite often and I invited my colleague therapist, he prescribed treatment, then tried several different drugs several times, but eventually settled on the old tested dibasol and the pressure began to jump much less often, and when it rises, dibazol removes it very smoothly, unlike other drugs.
- Ravil. Excellent drug! My grandmother suffers from high blood pressure. In the hospital, doctors recommended tablets of foreign manufacturers, there was almost no use from them, and the price was rather big. Then one friend advised Dibazol - despite its low price, the medicine helped.
- Marina. The medical preparation is effective, cheap and affordable. I at pregnancy drank this Dibazolum - the detailed instruction on application does not limit treatment of pregnant and feeding. The doctor prescribed in the hospital to normalize the tone of the uterus and strengthen immunity. On the child, the treatment did not negatively affect, but I really helped, improvements were on the face.
As for the effectiveness of the drug with respect to hypertensive crises, its short-lived effect is noted, and the drug does not help in all cases. Dibazol is more effective when taken together with other antihypertensive drugs. And with the removal of spasms of the smooth muscles of the digestive tract with ulcers and problems with bile-excreting pathways, it is quite effective. Negative opinions about the drug are associated with cases of an allergic reaction.
If you use Dibazol not recommended against the background of progressive side effects, doctors recommend finding the optimal replacement for it. Representatives of this pharmacological group is abundant, but doctors distinguish the following Dibazol analogues from the list with effective action in the body:
- Dibasol Vial;
- Dibazol Darnitsa;
- Dibazol UBF.
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of the reach of children.
- Tablets: 5 years at room temperature (not above 25 ° C);
- Solution for injection: 4 years at a temperature of 5-30 ° C.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.