Cough with ARVI
Dry cough with ARVIIn ARVI, dry cough is manifested in the first days of illness. After two days have passed, and the person is already beginning to recover, a dry cough is passed into the wet one. It is a wet cough that helps to get rid of the respiratory system from the effects of mucus and irritants, which clog the bronchi. In turn, dry cough irritates the trachea and throat, contributing to the emergence of worsening reflexes.
It is possible to accelerate the transition from dry cough to wet. To do this, it is necessary to give the patient a warm, as close to hot, milk, adding to it half a teaspoon of soda or honey. Very effective steam inhalation, conducted with the use of infusions of chamomile, lemon balm and mint.
If there is a dry cough with ARVI, it can be easily cured in the first days of the disease. At its core, dry cough is a reflex act, which is accompanied by a sharp contraction of the respiratory muscles, in resulting in the release of a significant amount of air from their lungs, phlegm. Observe a dry cough with ARVI can be in people of all age groups. It is carried out as a reaction to the ingestion of phlegm and mucus, as well as foreign objects in the respiratory tract.
In the event that in ARVI, a dry cough does not pass within a few days, provided that there is proper proper treatment, you should consult a doctor to clarify the situation.
Barking cough with ARVI
A barking cough is a kind of dry cough that resembles a dog bark remotely. Cough of this kind is accompanied by hoarseness of voice and is very painful.
Barking cough with ARVI is accompanied by inflammation of the larynx (laryngitis) or simultaneous inflammation of the larynx and trachea (laryngotracheitis).
The states of this genus can be triggered by general hypothermia or by the use of cold food, liquid, overstrain of the vocal cords during crying and intense voice loading. The impact of certain occupational hazards, such as gases and vapors, may also be affected. In this case, the activation of own pathogenic microorganisms takes place, for which the larynx is the habitat, which causes inflammation of this organ.
Barking cough with ARVI indicates infection in the body and is accompanied by a number of symptoms of an infectious diseases such as body weakness, fever, loss of appetite, lethargy, sore throat and runny nose.
Barking cough can cause serious complications. This is due to the fact that the laryngeal clearance in an adult is greater than that of a child, and in that If the inflammatory process develops, its additional constriction occurs as a result of swelling of the soft tissues. There is a so-called croup syndrome, manifested in the violation of the breathing process through the narrowed vocal chink.
How long does cough last for ARVI?
If you look at the issue from the point of view of the development of the clinical picture of the disease, there is an acute, prolonged and chronic cough.
Acute cough is typical for ARVI (influenza, parainfluenza, adenovirus infection), as well as acute bronchitis, pharyngitis and pneumonia. His character is exceptionally protective and contributes to the cleansing of the body from sputum and pathogens. As a rule, such cough lasts up to three weeks.
Prolonged cough can last from three weeks to three months, representing a further form of development of acute cough. He, unlike the acute one, is less constant and can have a wavy development, that is, appear and disappear after a few days. It usually appears as a result of the defeat of the respiratory tract, but it indicates a slow course of the disease and the possibility of its transition into a chronic form.
Chronic cough lasts longer than three months. Often, it is a sign of quite dangerous diseases, such as bronchial asthma, bronchitis, which has taken a chronic form, cardiovascular insufficiency, tuberculosis. Persons suffering from chronic cough need the most serious examination and treatment. Sometimes there is a chronic cough in people with mental disorders, as well as being prone to negative environmental effects.
Cough with ARVI in children
Special epidemiological studies indicate that each child carries within a year from three to five ARI. The most frequent incidence of them is observed in preschool children and younger schoolchildren. Relapses of acute respiratory viral infections cause disturbances in the functioning of the body, cause a disruption in the period of adaptation, and contribute to the development of chronic pathology.
In ARVI, a child may have a sharp and very loud cough, quickly changing from dry to wet. Cough is the most common symptom of this kind of diseases in children. SARS can be caused by freezing or sweating the baby's legs and coughing will indicate its onset. In winter it is not difficult to avoid colds in a child, for this it should only be warmer to wear. This should be done according to the weather, not particularly diligent at the same time, since the disease can lead to overheating. In the event that the disease could not be avoided and the cough that appears is a testimony, it must be borne in mind that each disease is distinguished by its specific cough. This means that the child should be listened to, trying to pinpoint exactly what illness he has. This will make it possible to effectively treat a child's cough as part of a recovery from an established disease.
Treatment of cough in ARVI
The most common cough in ARVI requires close attention, as it can be a sign of a more serious and dangerous disease, such as bronchitis and pneumonia.
In order to treat cough in ARVI should expectorating and antitussive drugs, however, in no case antibiotics. Unfortunately, by the way the cough is intense, it is impossible to determine the seriousness of the illness immediately and to correctly diagnose it. Sometimes a strong cough that scares all households and neighbors outside the wall is just a reaction of the body to the parainfluenza virus in the most common ARVI.
After setting the correct diagnosis for the treatment of acute respiratory viral infection, you can use folk remedies taken in consultation with your doctor. It is necessary to consult with it, since at least these methods are based on the use of natural preparations, but it is necessary to prevent the occurrence of certain problems, for example, allergies.
For the treatment of dry cough in ARVI, well-known folk remedies, such as herbs: mother-and-stepmother, licorice root, oregano, sage, herb of thermopsis, chamomile, are well suited.
In the event that there is a wet cough, it should be borne in mind that compared to dry cough, it is more optimistic, because in In this case, the body is able to independently resist the disease, which does not mean, however, that the disease does not follows. However, if it is a question of treating a wet cough in a child, it is necessary to carry it under the supervision of a pediatrician, in order to avoid all sorts of problems.
Most often for the treatment of wet cough in ARVI, it is recommended to use infusions based on plantain and cabbage, as well as compresses made from cabbage with honey, cottage cheese and onions.
SARS in children
Acute respiratory viral infections of ARVI in children occur in about 75% of all childhood diseases. Infections of the upper respiratory tract (acute respiratory infection (ARI), acute respiratory diseases (ARI), ARVI) - group acute infectious and inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract of different localization, etiology and symptoms.
ARVI - the most common infection on the globe. It is impossible to take full account of the true morbidity. Almost every person several times (from 4-8 to 15 times or more) in the year transfers ARVI mainly in the form of light and subclinical forms. Especially often ARVI are observed in young children. Children of the first months of life are seldom ill, because they are in relative isolation and many of them retain passive immunity received from the mother transplacentally in the form of IgG for 6-10 months. However, children of the first months of life can also be sick with ARI, especially if they are in close contact with patients. The reasons for this may be unstrained transplacental immunity or its complete absence, prematurity, primary forms of immunodeficiency, etc.ICD-10 code J00-J06 Acute respiratory infections of the upper respiratory tract
Epidemiology of ARVI
According to statistics, a child can get sick from 1 to 8 times a year. This is due to the fact that the immunity produced in a child's body against a single virus is powerless before another infection. And the viruses that cause ARVI, hundreds. These are influenza viruses, parainfluenza, adenoviruses, enteroviruses and other microorganisms. And since parents often have to deal with ARVI, they should know as much as possible about this disease, about the mechanisms of its development and methods of combating viral infection in childhood.
The greatest incidence falls on children from 2 to 5 years of life, which is usually due to their visit to children's institutions, a significant increase in the number of contacts. A child who visits a kindergarten during the first year can get sick with ARI up to 10-15 times, in the second year 5-7 times, in subsequent years 3-5 times a year. The decrease in the incidence is due to the acquisition of specific immunity as a result of the acute respiratory viral infection.
Such a high incidence of SARS in childhood makes this problem one of the most urgent in pediatrics. Repeated diseases significantly affect the development of the child. They lead to a weakening of the body's defenses, contribute to the formation of chronic foci of infection, cause allergization, prevent preventive vaccinations, burden premorbid background and delay physical and psychomotor development children. In many cases, frequent ARVI are pathogenetically associated with asthmatic bronchitis, bronchial asthma, chronic pyelonephritis, polyarthritis, chronic diseases of the nasopharynx and many others diseases.
Causes of ARVI in children
Factors contributing to the emergence of SARS, pursue the child everywhere. To such reasons it is possible to carry:
- hypothermia, drafts, wet shoes;
- communication with other children, patients with ARI;
- a sharp change of weather, off-season (autumn-winter, winter-spring);
- lowering of the body's defenses;
- hypovitaminosis, anemia, weakened organism;
- reduced physical activity of the child, inactivity;
- improper hardening of the body.
All these factors are factors that weaken the body and contribute to the unhindered spread of the virus.
The causes of frequent ARVI in children - is the high sensitivity of the child's organism at any age, including the newborn baby. At the child frequent ORVI begin from the moment of receipt in a day nursery, a kindergarten or school. Diseases can be repeated by turns. This happens because the immune defense after a viral infection is produced from one type of virus. Penetration into the body of a new virus provokes a new disease, even if a short amount of time has passed after the previous one.
How long does it last for a child?
How long can a baby be infectious and how long does it last for a child?
As a rule, the more time passed from the moment of appearance of the first symptoms, the less likely that the child is infectious. That time interval when the diseased is capable to infect others, usually begins from occurrence of the first symptoms of disease or simultaneously with them. In some cases, the baby may still look "healthy but the disease process can already be started. It depends on many factors, including the resistance of children's immunity.
The initial moment of the incubation period (when the virus has already entered the children's body, but the disease has not yet manifested itself "in all its glory") is the moment of communication with an already infectious patient. Such a moment can be contact with a sick child in a kindergarten, or accidentally caught "sneeze" in a trolleybus. The final stage of the incubation period is completed with the appearance of the first signs of the disease (when complaints appear).
Laboratory tests can already indicate the presence of the virus in the body already during the incubation period.
The incubation period of ARVI in children can last from several hours to 2 weeks. This applies to pathogens such as rhinovirus, influenza virus, parainfluenza, paracoloss, adenovirus, reovirus, as well as a respiratory syncytial virus.
The period during which the child is contagious can begin 1-2 days before the first signs of the disease appear.
How long does it last for a child? If counted from the moment of appearance of the first symptoms, the period of the disease can last up to 10 days (on average - a week). In this case, depending on the type of virus, the child can continue to be contagious for another 3 weeks after recovery (disappearance of symptoms).
Symptoms of ARVI in children
Whichever type of virus is caused by ARVI, with the classical form of the disease, there are some common symptoms:
- "General infectious" syndrome (the child is shivering, can disturb the pain in the muscles, in the head, there is weakness, the temperature rises, the submandibular lymph nodes increase);
- defeat of the respiratory system (nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, cough dry or with sputum);
- damage to the mucous membranes (rubbing and redness in the eye area, lacrimation, conjunctivitis).
The first signs of acute respiratory viral infection in a child are often characterized by a sudden onset with a clearly marked "general infection" syndrome. With parainfluenza or adenovirus, the first signs are the defeat of the respiratory system (throat, nasopharynx), as well as the reddening and itching of the conjunctiva of the eye.
Of course, it would be easier for both parents and doctors if the ARVI period in children has always been classic. However, the children's organism is a very complex system, and its response to the penetration of a particular virus can not be predicted by one hundred percent. Each organism is individual, so the course of ARVI can be erased, asymptomatic, atypical or even extremely severe.
Since it is unlikely that the parents will be able to guess and predict the course of the disease, it is necessary to know about the conditions under which one will have to consult a doctor in the most urgent way.
Symptoms of acute respiratory viral infection in children requiring urgent medical attention:
- Temperature indicators have exceeded 38 ° C and little or no response to antipyretic drugs.
- The child is disturbed by consciousness, he is confused, indifferent, can faint.
- The child complains of a severe headache, as well as the inability to turn the neck or make an inclination anteriorly.
- On the skin appear vascular sprouts, rashes.
- There is pain in the chest, the child starts to choke, it is hard for him to breathe.
- There is a multicolored sputum (green, brown or pink).
- Appear edema on the body.
- Cramps appear.
Do not self-medicate, especially if it's about your child. Pay attention also to other organs and systems of the baby, so as not to miss the beginning inflammation.
Temperature in children with ARVI
Children are sensitive enough to an increase in body temperature: an excessively high temperature contributes to the occurrence of seizures in the child. Because of this, do not allow a temperature increase of more than 38-3 ° C.
The temperature should not be brought down to 38 ° C, as it is not necessary to interfere with the body to perform its work - to fight the penetration of the virus. This can provoke the appearance of complications. What you need to do:
- do not panic;
- monitor the state of the child - usually after 3-4 days the temperature should stabilize.
Prolonged ARI in a child with a non-decreasing temperature may indicate the attachment of a bacterial infection. It also happens that when the temperature after the virus infection dropped, the kid seemed to be on the mend, but after a few days he got worse again, and a fever appeared. In such a situation, do not hesitate to call a doctor.
In the classical course of acute respiratory viral infection, the temperature can not last more than 2-3 days, maximum - five days. During this time, the body must overcome the virus, having developed its own antibodies to it. It is important: do not specifically knock down the temperature to normal, you can only lower it, so that the body continues to fight with the infection.
Cough with ARVI in children
Cough for ARVI in children is a fairly common symptom. Usually it is present against a background of fever, a cold and other signs of the disease. With the onset of the disease, a dry cough (without sputum) is observed. Such a cough doctors call unproductive: it is hard to tolerate by the child, can disturb the calm of his sleep, negatively affect the appetite.
In the classical course of acute respiratory viral infection, after 3-4 days the cough passes into the productive stage - sputum appears. But it should be borne in mind that not all babies can cough it out. For this reason, the child needs help: regular chest massage, light gymnastics, and when a coughing fit the baby should be given a vertical position.
Typically, cough with viral infections lasts up to 15-20 days, but if it lasts more than three weeks, you can suspect a chronic cough. In such cases, it is necessary to have a competent consultation of a children's pulmonologist and an allergist, as well as the appointment of a complex therapy.
Vomiting in a child with ARVI
Vomiting in a child with ARVI can occur simultaneously with the appearance of high fever and cough. With difficulty, the departing sputum, dense and viscous, irritates the respiratory system and provokes a fits of painful coughing in the child. The gag reflex works as a result of the transition of the excitatory signal from the cough centers to the vomiting centers. In some cases, vomiting can occur due to the accumulation of a large number of mucous secretions in the nasopharyngeal cavity, but in this case, vomiting appears without coughing. Most often, vomiting on the background of a cough is not abundant, the child does not seem to be relieved.
It is important to distinguish when vomiting is associated with the simultaneous excitation of cough and vomiting reflex, and when vomiting can be a sign of poisoning or a disease of the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, it is necessary to show the child to the doctor, otherwise it can provoke the appearance of unwanted and sometimes severe complications.
Rashes in children with ARVI
If there was a rash in the ARVI in a child - this is a direct reason to call a doctor. It is possible to list several variants of the causes of the appearance of rashes during the illness:
- intolerance to any of the medications taken by the baby;
- an allergic reaction to food that parents usually give the sick child (raspberries, oranges, lemons, garlic, ginger, etc.);
- high temperature, which contributes to increased vascular permeability - in such cases, the rash resembles a different hemorrhage on the skin.
There are also more serious causes of the rash. For example, this is the joining of meningococcal infection: such a rash is usually accompanied by hyperthermia and vomiting. In any of the options, if a rash is found on the child's body, all measures should be taken to deliver the baby to the infectious department as soon as possible. You can simply call an "ambulance" and describe the symptoms of the disease. To delay in this case it is impossible.
The abdomen is sick at an ORVI at the child
Quite often, parents are faced with a situation when the abdomen is sick during ARVI in a child. The pains are most often coelike and localized in the zone of the projection of the large intestine. Doctors can explain this symptom by the combined reaction of the lymphatic system of the intestine and appendix. For the same reason, ARVI can be complicated by an attack of acute appendicitis. In this situation, the most competent act of parents can be a doctor's call to the house, and if the pain in the abdominal area increases, then it will be necessary to call for an emergency.
A large amount of acute respiratory viral infection, accompanied by abdominal pain, can also be accompanied by diarrhea. Diarrhea in ARVI in a child is caused by cramping spasms in the intestine - the reaction of the child's body to the disease. However, most often diarrhea and abdominal pain provoke drugs that the child is forced to take. For example, if a baby is prescribed antibiotics or antiviral drugs, then it can gradually lead to a violation intestinal microflora, or manifest as a reaction of the hypersensitivity of the digestive system to certain types medicines. In any case, a doctor's consultation is mandatory.
Conjunctivitis in children with ARVI
Unfortunately, conjunctivitis in ARVI in a child occurs in almost all cases of the disease, especially when attacking adenovirus infection. Signs of conjunctivitis become noticeable immediately. Initially, a viral infection that provoked ARVI affects one eye, but after one or two days another eye is affected. Both eyes of the child blush, itch, there is a feeling of "sand" in the eyes. The kid squints, rubs his eyelids, constantly cries. Eyes can be covered with crusts, and in the corners can collect light discharge.
Such conjunctivitis gradually passes and independently, as the child recovers from ARVI. However, to alleviate the condition of the baby and eliminate itching and discharge from the eyes faster can help special children's medicines - an antiviral ophthalmic ointment or drops that can be easily purchased in pharmacies.
However, in some cases, conjunctivitis can be the result of an allergic reaction in the child. In this state, the baby not only has lachrymation and reddening of the eyes, but swollen lower eyelids. It is characteristic that allergies affect both eyes simultaneously. If this happens, urgent medical consultation is needed, identification and elimination of contact with a potential allergen, prescription of antihistamine eye drops and medications.
Features of ARVI in children
Children at different ages may respond differently to the appearance of signs of ARVI.
- SARS in an infant may manifest symptoms such as a child's anxiety, poor sleep, loss of appetite; frustration of defecation, excessive tearfulness and capriciousness. Such changes in the behavior of the infant should cause suspicion in the mother, since the baby can not explain his state of health with words.
- SARS in a month-old baby can flow with difficulty nasal breathing, as the baby can not breathe with his mouth. How to suspect that the child has a stuffy nose? The baby becomes restless when sucking, often refuses to eat and repels the breast or bottle. In such cases, it is necessary to clear the nasal passages.
- SARS in a 2-month-old baby can characteristically manifest as shortness of breath with a prolonged wheezing - this symptom is often called an asthmatic syndrome. At the same time, symptoms of intoxication are expressed: grayness or cyanosis of the skin, lethargy, apathy, fever.
- ARVI in a 3 month old child often occurs with a defeat of the respiratory system, which can be complicated by unskilled help with bronchitis or pneumonia. Therefore, it is very important to pay attention to the difficulty of swallowing and nasal breathing of the child, to regularly measure the temperature. Breastfeeding during this period is extremely undesirable, as the mother's milk in this case will be the best medicine for the baby.
- SARS in a 4 month old child is accompanied by a lesion of the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx and bronchi, which manifests itself as a runny nose and cough. You can see an increase in submandibular or parotid lymph nodes, spleen. Often develops conjunctivitis, keratoconjunctivitis, which is expressed in the redness of the eyes and continuous lachrymation.
- ARVI in children up to a year can be complicated by croup - a condition when the larynx becomes inflamed and swollen, namely, the zone that is directly under the vocal cords. This condition is explained by the fact that in small children this zone contains a large amount of loose fiber, which easily swells. At the same time, the guttural lumen is not large enough. Croup often develops at night, so parents should pay attention to suddenly beginning "barking" cough, heavy breathing, attacks of suffocation, anxiety, cyanosis of lips child. If such signs are observed, it is necessary to urgently call an ambulance.
- ORVI at the child 6 month - the period when the kid has already entered or introduces the prikorm. Often at a six-year-old age, a viral infection is accompanied, in addition to the defeat of the respiratory system, by the involvement of the digestive system in the process. This can manifest as signs of acute gastritis or enteritis: there are pains in the abdomen, upset of the stool.
- SARS in a child 1 year can be repeated from 1 to 8 times a year, depending on the immunity. Starting from this age, it is very important to start hardening procedures and strengthen the immune system of the baby so that his body can withstand numerous viruses and bacteria. It is especially important to protect the baby in the autumn-winter and winter-spring period.
- SARS in a child 2 years is more often accompanied by laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx), tracheitis (inflammation of the trachea - respiratory tube), or a combination of these diseases. Signs of such defeat - a hoarse voice, dry compulsive cough. Of course, a 2-year-old kid can not yet communicate his complaints coherently. Therefore, parents should closely monitor the condition of the child. If there is difficulty breathing, the intercostal spaces are blurred, the wings of the nose inflated, an "ambulance" should be urgently called.
- SARS in a child of 3 years usually begins in a rise in temperature towards evening. There is a pain in the head, the baby feels apathetic, tired, listless. Most often the disease appears in the season of epidemics, so the diagnosis is easy. The severity of the condition determines the child's well-being.
If you notice any uncharacteristic or suspicious symptoms in the child - be sure to call an "ambulance". Do not be afraid once again to disturb the doctor: the main thing is the health of your baby.
Repeated ARVI in a child
Repeated ARVI in a child is not uncommon, since children are usually very susceptible to a viral infection. Babies are prone to infection with the virus from the first weeks of life, but in the first three months they are not ill as often as in older age. The tendency to the disease is especially pronounced at the age of six months to 3 years, then the susceptibility decreases somewhat, although this may depend on the individual immunity of the organism.
Why there are repeated ARVI? The fact is that immunity has specificity in relation to certain types and even types of viral infection. Such immunity does not differ in resistance and duration. And in combination with a large number of varieties of the virus creates a large percentage of the probability of repeated diseases.
ARVI in a child can occur as a single case, or as a result of a mass epidemic, which often happens in a children's team. That is why the child's morbidity rises, as a rule, with the beginning of visiting a kindergarten or other pre-school or school institutions.
Where does it hurt?Chest pain
What's bothering you?Cough Shortness of breath
Complications of ARVI in children
According to statistics, at least 15% of all diseases of ARVI in childhood leave behind complications for other organs and systems of the body. For this reason, do not forget that in children, acute respiratory infections can occur with an elevated temperature of not more than five days. A longer rise in temperature above 38 ° C may indicate the occurrence of complications or the addition of another disease. Sometimes the temperature seems to go down, but after 1-3 days it rises again: there are symptoms of intoxication, such as tearfulness, pallor, lethargy, increased sweating. The child refuses to eat and drink, becomes indifferent to what is happening. What can be complications of ARVI in children?
- Cough after ARI in a child in some cases can mean the transition of the disease to bronchitis or even pneumonia - the viral infection progresses gradually down the respiratory tract. First, there may be a clinical picture of laryngitis (dry cough, hoarse voice), then tracheitis (painful cough, vocal functions are restored), and subsequently bronchitis. The main sign of bronchitis is cough. At first it is dry and coarse, phlegm gradually begins to form and cough. The difficulty of breathing is added, the temperature rises again, sweating, fatigue. If the child has frequent and heavy breathing (sometimes the baby seems to "grumble"), then bronchiolitis or pneumonia can be suspected. Consultation of a doctor is mandatory.
- The rash in a child after ARVI can be a consequence of several reasons. For example, it can be the attachment of diseases such as rubella, measles, herpes (baby roseola), enterovirus infection, scarlet fever, etc. Or maybe an allergic reaction to drugs, for example, antibiotics. The exact cause of the rash should be determined by the doctor.
- Arthritis after SARS in children can appear after a long illness. Such arthritis is called "reactive". Symptoms of reactive arthritis may appear several days or even weeks after recovery. Usually there is pain in the joint (usually in the morning). It can be a hip joint, knee, ankle, etc. The child hardly gets out of bed, when walking limps, complains of severe pain. Diagnosis of the disease and begin treatment can child rheumatologist, based on the examination and the results of some tests.
Also complications of SARS can be sinusitis (inflammation in the paranasal sinuses) or otitis media. To suspect such diseases it is possible on a constant stuffiness of a nose against a background of a headache, or on shooting pain in an ear along with depression of hearing and feeling zalozhennosti.
Diagnosis of acute respiratory viral infections in children
The main task of the tests conducted for the diagnosis of acute respiratory viral infection in children is the determination of the type of pathogen. Depending on this, a further treatment regimen will be prescribed.
The most common tests for children with ARVI are a general blood test, a general urine test, and immunological tests to detect antibodies to a viral infection.
What indicators usually indicate ARVI?
General blood analysis:
- erythrocytes - the norm or increase due to a deficiency of fluid in the body;
- hematocrit - the norm or increase (with fever);
- leukocytes - the lower limit of normal or lower, indicating a viral etiology of the disease;
- the leukocyte formula is the prevalence of lymphocytes, a slight increase in monocytes;
- eosinophils - a decrease in the number or complete disappearance;
- neutrophils - decrease in quantity;
- ESR in children with acute respiratory viral infection is increased, but for viral infection this indicator is not specific.
General urine analysis:
- changes are not specific, sometimes - a small amount of protein in the urine, which passes after recovery;
- possible, but not at all necessary - a small microhematuria.
In rare cases, ketone bodies can be found in the blood or urine - acetone and acetoacetic acid - chemical complexes, which are formed in the liver when digested in the digestive tract food. Acetone in ARVI in children can appear in different concentrations, and since this substance is initially toxic, its presence in large quantities can cause symptoms of poisoning in the child (in particular, vomiting, as well as the smell of acetone from the mouth or from urinary excretions). Definition and treatment of acetone in blood or urine should be handled exclusively by a medical specialist.
Immunology is an analysis of immunoglobulins M (already released at the initial stages of the disease). This analysis is taken twice - with the first symptoms of acute respiratory viral infection and a week later. Such a study allows you to accurately identify the pathogen. Nevertheless, the immunological method is not always used, but only with a severe and protracted course of the disease.
What it is necessary to survey?Bronchi Trachea Larynx
How to inspect?X-ray of lungs Examination of respiratory (lung) organs Bronchoscopy
What tests are needed?Sputum examination
Who to contact?Infectionist Pediatrician
Treatment of ARVI in children
Children with a mild and moderate form of SARS can be treated at home. Hospitalized only in the following cases:
- with a severe form of the disease, or in the presence of complications (inflammation of the lungs, croup, etc.);
- at the age of a child under 1 year, or from 1 to 3 years;
- at unsatisfactory epidemiological and material conditions.
The standard of ARVI treatment in children provides, first of all, the removal of intoxication of the body. To do this, use a lot of warm drinking, complex multivitamins, and in more severe cases - in / in the introduction of glucose and blood substitutes. At high temperature, antipyretic drugs may be used in the form of tablets or rectal suppositories, and in severe cases, as intramuscular injections.
During the period of fever the child is shown bed rest. In the absence of complications, antibiotics and sulfonamide preparations are usually not used, but in In some cases, they are still prescribed to young children, since the recognition of a complication in an infant very difficult.
The protocol for the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections in children with complications includes the appointment of bronchodilators (for pneumonia or bronchitis). Antibiotics are used with caution, taking into account the allergic inclinations of the child. When stenosis of the larynx they use sedative drugs, antispasmodics, in severe cases, inject hydrocortisone.
Modern treatment of ARVI in children implies the appointment of drugs aimed at eliminating the main symptoms of the disease. What are these drugs:
- antitussives in the form of syrups, chewing or ordinary tablets;
- Warming creams or balms based on natural ingredients, which are rubbed into the skin of the chest;
- other warming procedures (mustard or compresses) according to indications;
- vitamin preparations to strengthen the immune forces.
More details about the drugs in ARVI, we'll talk below.
Drugs for the treatment of acute respiratory infections in children
All anti-virus products are divided into 4 categories:
- homeopathic antiviral agents;
- especially antiviral medications;
- interferons and interferon stimulants;
- means, stimulating immunity.
Let's consider separately all these categories.
- Homeopathy in ARVI in children. Most often, Viburkol suppositories, Ocilococcinum and Aflubin are prescribed from this category of medicines, EDAS-103 (903) or Gripp-Heel funds are slightly less common. Homeopathic specialists say that the listed homeopathic remedies stimulate the protective function and this is often true, although the pharmacodynamics of these drugs studied. As a rule, homeopathic remedies have an effect already at the first methods of the preparation.
- Specific antiviral agents. In pediatrics, antiviral drugs like Arbidol, Rimantadine, Ribavirin and Tamiflu are more often used (in some cases also Acyclovir, according to the indications). These drugs inhibit the entry of the virus into cellular structures, block the reproduction of the virus, but they have a different spectrum of activity and are not intended for all children's age groups.
- Interferon drugs and their stimulants are probably the most popular group of antiviral drugs. For example, Viferon in ARVI in children suppresses the development of the virus and destroys it in 1-3 days. Interferons are able to rid the body of a viral infection, both during the incubation period, and from any period of the disease. In addition to injection of interferons, the most interesting are suppositories of Viferon, suppositories of Kipferon and nasal droplets of Grippferon. Perhaps the only contraindication to the use of these agents may be an allergic tendency organism of the baby to the ingredients of medicines, especially to the components of candles - cocoa butter or confectionery fat. By the way, medications that activate the production of interferons (Amiksin, Neovir, Cycloferon) It is recommended to use only for prophylaxis, but not for ARVI treatment, because of the slow action of such preparations.
- Immunostimulating drugs - Isoprenosin, Riboxin, Immunal, Imudon, Metuluracil, Bronchomunal, IRS-19, Ribomunil and others. One of the most popular listed medications, isoprinosine in ARVI in children is used more as a prophylaxis, however, like other immunostimulants. The reason is that the effectiveness of the action of immunostimulants is observed only after 14-20 days from the beginning of immunostimulating treatment. Also, these drugs can be used to restore the body after recovery.
As you know, antibiotics for ARVI in children with a classical course of the disease are not prescribed, since they have nothing to do with a viral infection. Antibiotic therapy is used only in case of complications, or if they are suspected: most often prescribe drugs-derivatives of ampicillin.
Nutrition for children with ARVI
Nutrition for ARVI in children is about the same as with a common cold. The main condition - the baby should be offered food only if there is an appetite. Do not feed the child by force.
You can not also give your child harmful products: chips, soda. It shows an abundant warm drink and easily digestible food, rich in vitamins, for example, vegetables, fruits, berry purees and jellies.
Young children are advised to offer apple compote without sugar, decoctions of dried fruits. In the absence of allergies to berries, you can prepare morsels or berry jelly, or simply give warm mineral water without gas.
As a drink for children from 3-4 years to make compotes, you can use apricots, cherry plum, pears (if there is no allergy). You can offer a weak green tea - it contains antioxidants, which help remove toxins from the body.
It is desirable to avoid broths and infusions from strawberries, currants - such berries are more allergens. Replace them with bananas, grapes or kiwi.
Diet for ARVI in children should contain easily digestible and healthy food:
- products for cooking dishes should preferably be mashed and mashed, the food should be light and soft;
- in the period of illness, try to avoid buying baby food, it is better to cook yourself from fresh porridge products, puree, mashed soups;
- at the stage of recovery it is important to enrich the diet with proteins, so use white meat, minced meat or boiled egg white as food additives;
- children from 3-4 years can be offered lean fish, such as pike perch, cod, etc .;
- do not forget about sour-milk products - they will support the balance of microflora in the intestines. Suitable fresh yogurt, natural yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese, acidophilic mixture. To such products, you can add a spoonful of honey (in the absence of allergies);
- As the child recovers, return to normal nutrition, but do it gradually so as not to burden the body.
Be reasonable in choosing food for your child in ARVI: food should be nutritious, vitaminized, varied, but you should not overeat and use harmful foods.
In addition to treatmentAntibiotics for ARVI Than to treat? Ibunorm baby Pakseladin
Prevention of ARVI in children
Prevention of acute respiratory infections in children is mainly aimed at increasing the resistance and strengthening the immunity of the child's body. What measures have a preventive focus:
- tempering (outdoor games, reception of air baths, cool showers, walking on grass without shoes, night rest in a cool room, swimming in pools and open water);
- stabilization of digestive processes (consumption of vegetables and fruits, adherence to diet and drinking, support of intestinal microflora);
- regulation of stool, normalization of nutrition;
- ensuring a full sleep (rest not on a filled stomach, ventilated air in the room, enough sleep).
Preventive measures should be carried out systematically, without forcing the child, and explaining to him the need for a procedure for maintaining health.
If necessary and a poor state of immunity, you sometimes have to resort to the use of drugs that stimulate immune defense.
Preparations for the prevention of acute respiratory infections in children
Immunomodulating, anti-inflammatory and adaptogenic ability has a special multivitamin complex Vetoron. It is prescribed internally from the age of 5 to 3-4 drops, and from 7 years - 5-7 drops per day, or in capsules from 6 years of age from 5 to 80 mg once a day.
It is recommended to take ascorbic acid, retinol and B vitamins in a dose according to age. The best proportion of the abovementioned vitamins is presented in the preparations "Undevit "Complevit "Hexavit". Dragee take from 2 to 3 times a day for a month. In the autumn-winter period it is useful to give the baby a rose hip syrup in an amount of 1 h. l. per day.
Recently, drugs-adaptogenes, which stimulate the body to resist infection, are very popular. We bring to your attention the schemes of taking the most popular drugs of this category:
- Immunal - intake inside 1 to 3 years - 5-10 cap., From 7 years - 10-15 cap. three times a day;
- Drops of Dr. Tays - inside with a one-year age of 10-20 cap. three times a day;
- Drops Hexal - inside by 6 drops from 12 years of age twice a day;
- Tincture of aralia - from 1 to 2 cap. / Year of life, once a day for half an hour before meals, for 14-20 days.
As an emergency preventive measures, it is possible to take medicines based on medicinal plants (color chamomile, sage, calendula, colanchoe, garlic or onion), or local immunocorrective agents (Immu- don, IRS-19).
ARVI in children are prone to relapse, so you need to find your prescription for prevention, which will allow you to forget about the disease for many years.
Cough after ARVI does not pass with an adult: residual events
Flu is a dangerous and insidious disease. If cough after ARVI and the flu has not passed, it indicates a serious complication. As a rule, there is a natural weakening of the body, which must be eliminated.
So that a person does not have dangerous consequences against the background of the transferred flu, it is necessary to perform a number of specific examinations.
Cough is a universal reflex of the body, it can be a method of self-cleansing the respiratory organs, but it also happens to be a serious signal about health problems.
Why there is a cough after the fluInfluenza is an acute inflammatory process of an infectious origin that occurs in the upper respiratory tract. With the progression of the disease, the epithelium of the bronchi and trachea is actively destroyed and exfoliated.
Thus, there are exudative inflammations and swelling. One of the key signs is hemorrhagic tracheobronchitis.
When the competent treatment of the disease is performed, it is possible to remove the influenza virus and get rid of the main symptoms:
- inflammatory processes,
- high temperature,
- spasms and edema,
- general intoxication of the body.
In most cases, in order to achieve complete recovery of diseased tissues, it will take some time. Residual phenomena in the form of a cough - the usual state after the drug elimination of the main group of symptoms of acute respiratory viral infection or influenza.
Dry cough occurs in a person, as a reflex to irritation. Wet coughing happens when sputum is allocated. In this case, the airways are cleared of pathogenic exudates. Sputum evacuation is normal for up to two weeks, provided there are no other pathological traits.
Dry cough increases duration and intensity in the presence of provoking factors:
- polluted atmosphere,
- dry, cold air.
Possible complications after the flu
If a dry or wet cough does not go away for more than 15 days or if there are other warning signs, then complications of the disease can be suspected.
The most common complications after the flu are:
- bacterial rhinitis,
- distress syndrome respiratory.
With laryngitis, a cough is dry, barking. It is accompanied by a hoarse voice. Bronchitis provokes a strong cough, after which there are pain and constriction in the upper chest.
Complications often occur in people in old age, as well as in children. In addition, people with various chronic diseases are at risk.
If after treatment dry cough does not pass, even if there were tablets and numerous inhalations with a dry cough, it is necessary to consult a doctor without fail. It is necessary to conduct a radiographic study to detect pneumonia.
Inflammation is one of the most common effects of influenza, its detection in the early stages is an important condition for effective therapy.
Cough with phlegm after a flu
Cough with the release of phlegm after the flu is considered productive, because it cleanses the bronchial canals. The usefulness of such a cough is fixed only when certain conditions are met:
- the excreted sputum is transparent and has a liquid consistency,
- cough occurs only with increased respiratory and physical activity: deep and frequent breathing, running, etc.,
- short coughs arise no more often than 5 times a day and bring significant relief of breathing. The duration of residual events should not last more than 2-3 weeks.
If a person's wet cough is observed longer, it is important to conduct a medical examination. Dangerous and alarming phenomena - appearance in the sputum of a foamy or purulent mass of yellow-green color.
Allocations with blood must force a person to take immediate action. Blood and foam components in the sputum may indicate:
- problems with the cardiovascular system,
- pulmonary pathology,
- pulmonary tuberculosis.
Another important cause of cough after the flu is secondary infection. SARS or influenza seriously impairs human immunity.
In these conditions, a person becomes vulnerable to pathogenic pathogens. The risk of appearance increases:
- respiratory diseases,
- whooping cough,
- tuberculosis and other infections.
When there is a favorable soil, it can be activated:
- fungal microorganisms,
All this causes atypical forms of bronchitis and pneumonia.
Diagnosis and treatment of pathology
If the lengthThere are coughing symptoms or cautious phenomena appearing, it is necessary to consult with a doctor who, on the basis of diagnostic data and laboratory tests, will determine the nature of the protracted pathology.
The initial diagnosis is based on the results of a general analysis of urine and blood. High informative ability in biochemical methods of studying bronchial secretions.
It is important to determine the nature of the pathogen in the infectious origin of cough syndrome with maximum accuracy. With the help of bronchoscopy, the actual state of the mucous membrane of the trachea and bronchi is determined.
To clarify the primary diagnosis should be through ultrasound. Pulmonary complications are determined by X-ray or fluorography.
If the diagnosis revealed any complication, then the therapy is of a specific nature, which is caused by the nature of the revealed pathology. The scheme of treatment is established by the doctor, taking into account the stage and severity of the disease.
If there are no serious side pathologies, and cough after the flu is due to residual processes, it is important to take measures to strengthen the body.
Treatment should be preventive-restorative. It is important to take the following measures:
- strengthen immunity,
- repair damaged tissue,
- exudate exudate,
- to weaken the cough syndrome.
Reduce the intensity of cough manifestations can be using drugs:
To eliminate dry cough, expectorants and mucolytics should be taken, which dilute and remove phlegm from the body.
With the help of respiratory exercises, it is possible to restore the healthy functioning of the respiratory musculature. To do this, use a simple exercise:
- in the standing position on the inhalation, spread out the arms,
- on exhalation clasp your arms around your shoulders and hold your breath for 30 seconds.
Such an exercise can also be done by inflating an air balloon.
Residual cough can be eliminated by inhalation. Procedures should be done with the use of infusions of medicinal herbs. The following inhalation composition is popular:
- pharmacy chamomile,
- baking soda,
- eucalyptus oil,
Also coughpasses after inhalation with propolis. To do this, 25 g propolis dissolved in a glass of hot water. Numerous cough medicines are also shown.
With frequent dry or wet cough, an enhanced regimen of fluid intake is indicated. At the same time, it is important to drink high-vitamin drinks to enhance immunity. For these purposes, a decoction of rose hips is well suited.
To restore the water balance, it is important to use alkaline mineral water. Traditional medicine recommends that you can drink warm water in large quantities. Positive results show the reception of hot milk with figs.
To minimize the residual phenomena, warming compresses are widely used. These procedures are carried out with the help of badger fat or lard. A positive result can be achieved using ointments with a warming effect with essential oils.
It is important to pay attention to preventive measures. For example, it is necessary to keep your feet warm, for example, to wear woolen socks. To prevent the appearance of cough, you must avoid hypothermia, maintain moisture and the optimal temperature in the room.
Cough after the disease is a residual symptom, which can indicate that the body has failed. It is not recommended to leave it without attention, so as not to aggravate the condition.
Due to diagnostic tests, the doctor becomes aware of the nature of the phenomenon, and after necessary treatment the cough passes. In the video in this article, we recommend that you read the doctor's opinion on the treatment of cough, including with ARVI.
Prolonged cough in an adult: what to treat, the main causes and symptoms
- After ARI
How to treat a protracted cough in an adult will tell your doctor after a complete diagnostic examination and identify the causes of the onset.
The main symptoms of a protracted cough include coughing throughout the day and severe coughing attacks with the departure of viscous sputum.
Causes of occurrence:
- infectious specific inflammation (rhinosinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis, bronchitis, tracheitis, pneumonia, pleurisy);
- nonspecific inflammation (chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasis);
- allergy (pollinosis, bronchial asthma, alveolitis);
- professional hazards (dust, cotton wool, asbestos, talc and others);
- smoking (smoker's bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema);
- pathology of the cardiovascular system (arrhythmia, extrasystole, atrial fibrillation, heart failure, pulmonary embolism, pulmonary heart);
- diseases of the digestive system (hernia of the diaphragmatic opening, tracheoesophageal fistula, gastroesophageal reflux disease);
- trauma (chemical, thermal, foreign objects of the respiratory tract and esophagus);
- neoplasms (cysts, polyps, tumors, metastases).
Types of cough are divided into dry and wet.
- up to two weeks (acute);
- from 2 to 4 weeks (prolonged);
- from 4 to 8 weeks (subacute);
- more than two months (chronic).
In order to understand how to treat a protracted cough in an adult, a diagnosis is carried out, which begins with a doctor's examination by a pediatrician or a therapist, a rhinoscopy and auscultation of the lungs.
The diagnosis is made after the first visit, not passing cough develops after colds, is the first symptom of chronic inflammation of the respiratory tract, for example, bronchitis.
A stale moist cough indicates a permanent pathological inflammation of the bronchi or lungs, is amplified in the position on the back.Sputum culture reveals the causative agent of the common cold, allows you to start taking antibiotics on time for correct treatment. If you are faced with such a disease as a protracted cough, how to help determine the doctor.
Most often, the treatment is aimed at eliminating the cause of cough, restoring the mucous membranes of the airways to prevent the occurrence of cough. Methods of medicament therapy, warming up physio procedures and folk remedies (onion, potato broths) are used. Treatment of cough in children is advisable to follow the recommendations of Dr. Komarovsky, observing the regimen of taking medications.
Prevention of cough has several directions.Prevention of seasonal cough in ARVI and respiratory infections is aimed at limiting contacts during the period epidemics, regular intake of immunoprophylactic drugs, the implementation of routine vaccination according to the calendar inoculations.
Mantoux reaction allows detecting tuberculosis infection at early stages, initiating early specific therapy, which significantly reduces the risk of exacerbations.Prevention of coughing a smoker and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a complete cessation of smoking.
With prolonged smoking of cigarettes, cigarettes or cigars in the bronchi, irreversible sclerotic processes occur that reduce the elasticity of the tissue. The harmful effects of tar and nicotine with a long smoking experience negatively affects the lung tissue, stimulates the production of viscous yellow sputum, and is also one of the leading causes of cancer lung diseases.
Why does not cough pass with an adult: general recommendations for prolonged cough and basic principles of treatmentProlonged cough requires early initiation of a specific treatment after a broad diagnostic examination to determine the exact cause of the onset.
A blood test, sputum culture, as well as instrumental and functional research methods allow differentiate allergic and infectious diseases, foreign bodies of the upper respiratory tract and esophagus.
Drug therapy includes specific antiviral or antibacterial treatment after sputum culture on the background of receiving expectorant and phlegm-diluting drugs. The expediency of therapy is determined by the degree of severity of the inflammatory process according to the results of the tests, in severe cases, in-patient treatment is required.
The question of why a person does not cough with an adult requires preventive measures aimed at:
- to give up smoking;
- general strengthening procedures;
- enhancing the immune properties of the body;
- removal of the allergen;
- frequent wet cleaning.
With allergic bronchitis or asthma, the bronchial dilating preparations in the form of inhalers help restore the airway lumen. They are used with prolonged productive cough, as well as with exacerbation of chronic respiratory diseases. Sometimes people are faced with the problem of why coughing does not take place in an adult with medication.
In such situations, folk remedies are recommended that have a powerful anti-inflammatory effect on the acute viral or bacterial involvement of the mucous membrane of the upper respiratory tract, reduced sputum production and mucus.Individual herbal infusions, for example, oak bark, affect the degree of intensity of the inflammatory process, reducing the production of pro-inflammatory enzymes in the focus of infection.
Warming procedures, such as compresses, warming and inhalation, are aimed at increasing outflow sputum, clean the upper and lower respiratory tract, remove the inflammatory processes of the mucosa shell. Inhalations of active substances and essential oils have a protective effect on the bronchi, restoring the mucous and expectorant effect, sputum production.
Dry cough after ARVI: the reasons, the ways of treating dry and wet coughDry cough after ARI is a reflex muscular contraction of the respiratory muscles and muscles of the bronchial ways, which leads to a sharp forced expiration.The contraction of muscles occurs as a result of redistribution of the mucous membrane of the bronchi or trachea, vocal cords or the surface of the nasopharynx.
Coughing jerks are aimed at clearing the lumen of the airways from the accumulation of viscous sputum, foreign bodies and formations. Residual cough occurs after a common cold at normal body temperature due to the flowing mucous discharge from the nasal cavity in the back wall of the pharynx into the respiratory tract. Cough is a widespread symptom typical of both acute and chronic diseases.
Infectious diseases accompanied by cough:
- acute respiratory viral infections (rhinovirus, anovirus, influenza, parainfluenza);
- whooping cough;
- bacterial infection.
Methods for treating dry cough.With a dry cough, mucolytic drugs are shown to enhance the production of sputum, which leads to a rapid completion of the pathological process. Against the background of taking mucolytics, frequent fractional drink is required to stimulate the function of goblet cells of bronchial epithelium.
As the moist cough increases, the doctor prescribes expectorants to effectively purge the bronchi from sputum. If signs of bacterial infection appear, antibiotic medications are prescribed. Dry cough after acute respiratory viral infection develops in the early stages of acute respiratory illness or when allergic reactions such as bronchial asthma exacerbate.
Ways to treat wet cough.Muddy purulent sputum is the cause of the progression of pneumonia, leakage of purulent exudate into the lung tissue with the development of one-sided or bilateral pneumonia, lung abscesses.
- mucolytic drugs with direct action (Acetylcysteine, Alphahimotrypsin, Fluimutsil, Mukomist, Mistaborne);
- mucolytic drugs with indirect action (Letostein, Ambroxol, Carboxymethylcysteine, Sobrerol, sodium bicarbonate);
- mukokinetic drugs (Ambrobe, Halixol, Ambrosan, Flavamed, sodium ethanesulfate).
Mucolytics reduce the viscosity of phlegm without increasing the amount of secretion, stimulate withdrawal due to the restoration of mucociliary clearance. Improves the drainage of bronchi and bronchioles, is an antioxidant effect, the integrity of the cell walls is restored..
SARS without temperature
Most of us are used to associate infectious diseases with fever. Indeed, high temperatures (above 37 ° C) indicate that the body is fighting viruses and bacterial infection. Medical experts even advise not to take the pill from the temperature, if the indices do not exceed 38 ° C. However, why sometimes there are cases of acute respiratory infections without temperature? Is this normal, or is something wrong with the body?
We all know that the normal temperature should be 3, ° C. Sometimes fluctuations from 36 to 37 ° C are allowed, in view of the particular organism.
The flow of acute respiratory viral infection without temperature in most cases indicates a weakening of the immune system, the depletion of the body's internal reserves and a strong decrease in resistance to infection. Often, low rates indicate problems with the protective system, about moral or physical overload.
The lowering of the functions of immunity is often associated with a current infectious disease. For example, if a viral or other microbial infection alternates one after another, then the organism does not have time to recover, being weakened by the previous pathology. A sharp surge of a new disease can become an unbearable strain on the immune system, which affects the weak response from the thermoregulation apparatus.
In a smaller number of cases, normal temperatures for a viral infection can be triggered by hypothalamic dysfunction, which is often observed with severe intoxication of the body. The bottom line is that one of the functions of the hypothalamus is the control over the processes of thermoregulation in the body. And, as you know, the hypothalamus (the department of the intermediate brain, responsible for the constancy of the internal environment of the body) is very sensitive to the effects of toxic substances. During intoxication (an integral part of SARS), a temporary malfunction may occur in the hypothalamus, which affects the improper operation of the thermoregulatory system.
Symptoms of acute respiratory viral infection without temperature are not specific, therefore it is very difficult to determine the patient's normal parameters without using a thermometer.
With the standard course, the signs of the disease are unchanged, except for a rise in temperature:
- soreness in the throat, swelling of the nasopharynx;
- rhinitis, obstructed nasal breathing, mucous discharge from the nose;
- dry cough, gradually turning into wet;
- pain in the muscles, a feeling of aches all over the body.
Most acute respiratory viral infections begin with sore throat, mucous discharge from the nose, a feeling of malaise. Since the temperature values are unchanged, or even underestimated, there may be strong weakness, apathy, the patient is constantly tending to sleep, irritability may appear.
If the normal temperature gradually turns into hypothermia (lowering t °), then it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Cough with SARS without fever
First, we will understand why there is a cough in ARVI - they serve as a protective reaction of our body. With the help of a cough reflex, the airways try to get rid of the discharge (sputum), and also reduce the irritation of the respiratory organs from the products of the vital activity of viruses and bacteria.
If coughing with ARVI occurs without a temperature, then most patients continue in this state to go to work or to study. This situation is unacceptable, because the sick person is the source of a viral infection, and the disease itself can be complicated, for example, by bacterial pathology.
In the case when cough not only does not pass, but also intensifies, this may be a sign of the spread of the inflammatory process to the lower parts of the respiratory system. If the temperature in this case does not increase further, then this indicates serious problems with immunity. The body does not fight, and the patient's condition worsens - of course, this is not good. It is necessary to consult a specialist, because the disease can be complicated by bronchitis, pneumonia. In addition, the acute process can develop into chronic, chronic pharyngolaringitis or bronchitis.
Therefore, if the patient coughs, then you should consult a doctor, regardless of whether he has a fever, or not. It is much easier to prevent complications than to try to cure them later.
SARS in a child without fever
In early childhood (up to 3 years), an acute respiratory viral infection in a child without fever can often occur. Experts cause this situation not fully formed thermoregulatory apparatus, as well as not fully developed neural mechanisms (connections). But, even if the temperature values are normal, and the baby has other symptoms of ARVI, then it is still necessary to take the child to the doctor.
Among other things, the child can develop cough against the background of ARVI, which is explained by the high vulnerability of the mucous tissues of the children's respiratory system. If the rest of the child feels well, and in the process of breathing does not cause any wheezing, then there is no special cause for concern. However, the doctor's prescriptions still need to be followed.
A kid with signs of ARVI, but without a fever, should be at home, do not attend pre-school and school facilities, if only because there is a potential danger of the transition of the infectious-inflammatory process from the acute form to chronic. At an early age, all inflammatory diseases tend to spread throughout the body. For this reason, the baby, even without temperature, should be shown to the pediatrician.
What can lead to an acute respiratory viral infection with normal temperature for a child is hard to say, since it directly depends on the state of its immune system.
SARS without fever during pregnancy
In pregnancy, women's immunity is weakened and depressed. This happens not only because of hormonal adjustment. Another reason for the weakness of the immune defense is that special conditions are created in the body, so that the synthesized antibodies are not so strong as to attack the unborn child as a foreign body. This is a very delicate and thoughtful course of nature. The body of a pregnant woman should be set up only for the maintenance of pregnancy, despite the fact that during this period it is weakened to the effects of viral and other infections.
Undoubtedly, ARVI during pregnancy is not uncommon, as well as colds, runny nose, etc. And in such situations the future mother should be especially attentive to her body.
If an infectious disease occurs without a rise in temperature, then this is no reason to ignore the symptoms from the point of view of "nothing terrible, it will pass by itself". Absence of temperature does not mean that there is no inflammatory process in the body. Moreover, often inadequate response of the thermoregulation system to the penetration of a viral infection can to say that the immune system of a woman is so weak that she simply can not "turn on" the rise temperature. And if the future mother continues during the illness to do ordinary things, go to work and travel to public transport, the risk of secondary infection and the development of complications increases in times.
Do not allow negative consequences: contact the doctor, he will write out the treatment and will necessarily issue a certificate of temporary incapacity for work.
Who to contact?Pulmonologist General practitioner Family doctor
Of course, diagnosing an acute respiratory viral infection without a temperature is a bit more complicated than with a classic course of the disease. After all, elevated temperature values are one of the symptoms of a viral disease. In this case, other signs of ARVI come to the rescue:
- Assessment of the epidemiological situation in the community, in the family, at work or school;
- the order of occurrence of symptoms of a viral infection;
- characteristics of cough, sputum and mucous discharge from the nose.
With an accurate determination of the type of pathogen it is possible only with the help of laboratory tests that detect viral antigens. In this case, an immunofluorescence reaction or detection of antibodies to viruses is used.
To clarify the diagnosis in rare cases, serological reactions are used in paired sera, which are withdrawn at the initial stage of the disease and in the process of recovery.
Treatment of acute respiratory infections without temperature
As we said earlier, the lack of temperature in ARVI often tells us about weak immune defense. For this reason, the first thing to do is to take care of the support of immunity, that is, to provide the body with rest, to protect from stress and additional stress, to provide full sleep and nutrition.
With weakness of the body and other symptoms of SARS, it is recommended to conduct warming procedures. Suitable warm drink, hot foot baths, a warm blanket, woolen socks, a warmer to the feet. These treatments can be used alone, or combined together. Dress warmly enough, avoid drafts, but do not forget to ventilate the room.
In order to maintain and strengthen immunity, it is recommended to take adaptogenic drugs: tinctures of ginseng, echinacea, eleutherococcus, magnolia vine, etc. The use of such drugs can be carried out for one to two months in a row.
Also, for a full-fledged work of immune protection, it is important to supply the body with all vitamins and microelements. A balanced nutritional diet, an additional intake of multivitamin funds will be able to fill the lack of all the substances necessary for normal life of the organism.
Medicines for acute respiratory virus infections with normal temperature are prescribed as symptomatic treatment. Not later than on the second day after the onset of the disease, antiviral drugs are taken:
- adamantane series (remantadine);
- drugs-inhibitors of neuraminidase (tamiflu, relenza);
- interferon inducers (cycloferon).
With a cold, vasoconstrictive nasal drops or sprays (naphthyzine, NOC spray) are used.
When coughing - mucolytic (expectorant) drugs (mukaltin, solvine, etc.).
In addition, the prescription of the doctor can take ascorbic acid and multivitamin funds.
How to get a sick leave?
Many people are interested in the question, is it possible to get a sick list in ARVI without a temperature? Indeed, a few years ago, the certificate issued, focusing mainly on temperature performance. However, this is fundamentally wrong, since many infectious diseases, including ARVI, often occur with normal temperature values.
Unambiguously, in case of viral infections the hospital should give out in all cases a referral to the doctor, since the patient may pose a threat to the health of others. Currently, the leaf is given, despite the absence of temperature, of course, if the remaining symptoms of the disease are present. And the more pronounced the remaining signs of the disease, the greater the likelihood that the hospital will be issued.
Pregnant women with viral diseases have a sick leave sheet in any case.
So feel free to contact your doctor, despite the fact that you have an acute respiratory viral infection without fever. Normal indicators - not a reason to endure the disease "on the feet."
Mums, ORVI at the child how much lasts on your experience? I already cared for snot from my daughter ((A week already, how much can you? ((
Here we also suffered for a long time, usually two weeks. Recently, thanks to a doctor, unfortunately, not from an ordinary hospital, it became easier.
When the temperature goes away, we do this: for the night we warm the legs, wear pantyhose or socks (so that the feet are warm), I clean the nose with a flagellum, soaked in salt water and dripping "Nazivin if the nose is laid, if not laid, and just snot, then just washed and do not drip, warm milk and sleep.
From a cough: a collection for inhalations No.2 "Eucar" and a nebulizer, depending on the cough 2 or 3 times a day, most recently at least 2 hours before bedtime. And all together somewhere about 5 days.
We began to do so, as she told us, and the situation was noticeably eased: snot after 2... 3 days pass, cough a little more
And so. I noticed that what is written out by our pediatrician does not help at all. It seems to me that this is not a doctor, even a fool, but in a drugstore can be pushed or the manufacturer of shit started to release, but even take paracetamol before and now - the difference is huge! In principle, what I wrote you, combined with the fact that the doctor prescribes
My son had a month and a half... cough, snot and temperature 3, - 3,... And I took antibiotics... so this, apparently the virus is.
The infection is so hard now. Both adults and children are ill for a long time and with complications. My neighbor works in the kindergarten, she says that her parents carry 2-3 certificates. A child was discharged, and a few days later a relapse. Our, too, had recovered, 2 weeks had passed and again the temperature, a runny nose and a sore throat.
Snot - this is another infection) increase immunity) Try to drink a drop of Imunal. We after taking this drug went 2 weeks without a snot, compared with the usual frequency of the common cold (2 days without a cold in a month). We go to the kindergarten, so with the runny nose always! Get well)))
Runny nose usually lasts 2 weeks. Descend or go to LORu, he to you will appoint or nominate drops and fizioprotsedury (for example a quartz in a mouth and a nose or something another). At me the senior in February a bronchitis has had been ill, and now again was ill. the doctor says ARVI, half the class sick. It's a pity, there are 4 days left before the holidays begin.
My now also a record for the runny nose arranged. More than a week before did not go (usually 2-3 days and hello), but now more than 10 days was. Tomorrow 2 weeks evenly - go to write off. we did not have a cough, only the throat was red. After a week of stubborn rhinitis (Derinath did not help), the doctor prescribed an antiviral (tablets) - ergoferon. Like it helped.
on the teeth of a snot of days 7 poured.
On ORZ - also a week somewhere, but a cough for 2 weeks kept.
That's the 2nd time ORL got sick. Today the third day is ill, the temperature is gone, the snot less became a little, the first 2 days before the navel flowed. I think for 7 days will pass.
From 3 to 10 days. Differently.
I wonder how you are treated? Viral can not be treated anything.. The son is now sick. We walk for hours and drink plenty of water.. Why antibiotics? Why to special treatment?
I have a daughter every 2 weeks 1 week sick.
and for a month it happened. 2 weeks minimum.