Drotaverin belongs to the group of myotropic antispasmodics. By its structure and effect on smooth muscles, the drug is similar to papaverine, but it has a more pronounced therapeutic effect.
Reduces the tone of the smooth muscles of internal organs and intestinal motility, dilates the blood vessels. Most often, the medication is prescribed for various pains of a spasmodic nature, although it is not an anesthetic.
On this page you will find all information about Drotaverin: the full instructions for use for this medication, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Drotaverin tablets. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
How much is Drotaverine? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of190 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Drotaverin is available in the form of tablets intended for oral administration. Tablets of small size, round, with a horizontal strip on one side of light yellow color with a slight greenish tinge.
- The active ingredient drotaverina hydrochloride is included in the formulation. In 1 tablet contains 40 or 80 mg of this substance.
- Additional elements: talcum, potato starch, povidone, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate.
The drug is sold in blisters for 10 and 25 pieces in a cardboard bundle, as well as in plastic cans of 20 or 50 pieces with the attached detailed description.
Drotaverin belongs to myotropic antispasmodics. Drotaverina hydrochloride inhibits phosphodiesterase IV, resulting in the accumulation of intracellular cyclic adenosine monophosphate and the subsequent inactivation of the light chain of myosin kinase, the result of which is the relaxation of smooth muscle.
Regardless of the type of vegetative innervation, the drug acts on the smooth muscles of the bile excretory, vascular, genitourinary systems, as well as the gastrointestinal tract. The direct influence of drotaverine hydrochloride on smooth muscles makes it possible to use it as an antispasmodic agent when m-cholinoblockers are contraindicated.
Indications for use
What helps? According to the instructions to Drotaverin, the use of the drug is aimed at reducing the tone of smooth muscles of various internal organs, the purpose of tablets is shown when:
- Dyskinesia of the gallbladder and bile ducts in hyperkinetic type, renal and biliary colic, cholecystitis;
- Painful syndrome caused by spasm of cerebral vessels, coronary arteries, endarteritis;
- Threatening miscarriage or premature birth, prolonged opening or spasm of the throat of the uterus during labor, postpartum labor;
- Exacerbation of peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, pilorospasm, intestinal colic, proctitis, spastic colitis and constipation, tenesm.
In the complex treatment of some of the listed diseases, the patient may be prescribed a solution of Drotaverin, in the event that tablets can not be used.
In addition, the use of the solution is indicated in the treatment of spasms of smooth muscles:
- The urinary tract, including nephrolithiasis, urethrolithiasis, pyelitis, cystitis, bladder tenesmus;
- Caused by diseases of the biliary tract, such as cholecystolithiasis, cholangiolithiasis, pericholecystitis, cholangitis, papillitis.
According to the instructions, Drotaverin is contraindicated in:
- Severe heart failure;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- Pronounced hepatic and renal insufficiency;
- Congenital lactose intolerance and lactase insufficiency (due to the presence of lactose monohydrate in the Drotaverin composition).
Drotaverin is not prescribed for children under 2 years and during lactation.
With caution apply the drug at a lowered arterial pressure, expressed atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries, zakratougolnoy glaucoma, prostatic hyperplasia, during pregnancy.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
According to the instructions for the use of drotovirin, it is proved that this drug overcomes the hematological and placental barrier. In this case, the decision and appointment of this medicine is taken solely by the doctor, taking into account the benefit / risk to the mother and the fetus.
During lactation it is recommended to stop feeding the baby for the period of taking the drug.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that taking Drotaverine tablets should not be chewed.
Dosage and course duration is determined individually by the doctor.
- Adults prescribe inside for 40-80 mg (1-2 tablets) 2-3 times / day. The maximum daily dose is 240 mg.
- Children aged 3 to 6 years - in a single dose of 20 mg, the maximum daily dose - 120 mg (2-3 sessions); aged from 6 to 12 years, a single dose of 40 mg, a maximum daily dose of 200 mg; multiplicity of application - 2-5 times / day.
When taking Drotaverine in recommended doses, the likelihood of side effects is low. Possible:
- flushes of blood to the face;
- lowering blood pressure;
In a few cases:
- heart palpitations, arrhythmia;
- headache, dizziness, insomnia;
- nausea, constipation.
- edema of the nasal mucosa.
Overdose manifests itself in the following symptoms:
- respiratory depression;
- vascular insufficiency;
- AV blockade;
- pallor of the skin;
- paralysis of the respiratory center;
- cardiac arrest.
After 3 days, signs of liver damage may appear.
Treatment with gastric lavage, saline laxatives. In case of an overdose, the patient should be under the supervision of a doctor.
- When administered orally in therapeutic doses, drotaverin does not affect the ability to drive and perform work requiring increased attention. If there are any side effects, the question of driving and working on machines requires individual consideration.
- When treating gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer is used in combination with other drugs, usually prescribed for the treatment of this group of diseases of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum.
- Reduces the spasmogenic activity of morphine.
- With simultaneous application can weaken the antiparkinsonian effect of levodopa.
- Phenobarbital increases the severity of spasmolytic action of drotaverine.
- Strengthens the effect of papaverine, bendazole and other antispasmodics (including m-holinoblokatorov), a decrease in blood pressure, caused by tricyclic antidepressants, quinidine and procainamide.
We picked up some of the people's comments about the Drotaverin drug:
- Lida. In the hospital, I drank in / from pancreatitis and gastritis-drip slowly, dripped for 40min-head went, thought the mind is losing.... began to drip for 1 h.20 min-much better... Spasms removed ...
- Margo. When I was pregnant, I was brought for 28 weeks of pregnancy in a hospital with the threat of premature birth. I immediately pricked drotoverine, and literally in about 20 minutes, it became much easier, immediately spasm passed.
- Lena. Kind time of the day! With tablets "Drotaverine" I have known relatively recently, about five years. Before them, I knew "No-shpu", but then I was told by their cheap counterpart - Drotaverin. And she was right. This is an excellent painkiller for my body. I drink them during a painful menstrual cycle in order to relieve spasms. Also I accept at a headache. They relieve pain with abdominal cramps. I recommend them all.
- Dasha. Probably not a single girl who at least once did not drink this medicine. Excellent remedy for painful periods, as well as any pain in the abdomen, well relieves spasms. Helps in just 30 minutes. "Drotaverin" is a Russian analogue of "No-shpy", absolutely the same in effect, but costs three times cheaper. Tablets are yellow, small. I do not advise you to chew, they taste bitter. The medicine has practically no contraindications.
Preparations with the same active substance, synonyms Drotaverina: Bioshpa, Droverin, No-shpa, Spasmol, Noch-Bra.
Drugs close to the mechanism of action, Drotaverin analogs: Nicoverin, Papaverin, Papazol, Platifillin.
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
In accordance with the instruction, Drotaverin must be stored in a well-ventilated, protected from light, dry and inaccessible place for children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
The shelf life of the drug, subject to the main recommendations of the manufacturer, is three years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.