Names of the most popular antibiotics for coughCough and antibiotics for many people are closely interrelated. According to sociological polls and statistics, more than sixty percent of the population of our country after a few days of severe coughing begin to take antibiotics. At the same time, almost half of them do not consider it necessary to first visit a doctor. This terrible mistake can turn into serious health problems, because this symptom does not always require the taking of medications of this type. In order to understand in what cases strong medicines are needed, and in which there are not, you should know what diseases can be cured with their help.
Antibiotics for cough for which diseases are indicated for admissionIt should be noted immediately that the names of such drugs, as well as instructions for their use, do not contain any information about the fact that they help to heal from this symptom. Therefore, choosing a suitable medicine, it should be remembered that such a disease as coughing does not exist. This is just a symptom that can accompany various ailments. So, there are no names of antibiotics that help to cope with such a sign.
The cough medicine antibiotic helps cope with the disease only if it is bacterial. With viral infections, as well as colds, it is not advisable to take it.
Here is a list of diseases for which the doctor prescribes antibiotic drugs:
- Pneumonia. When pneumonia is ill, the patient is prescribed a cure for antibiotics of a wide range of action that successfully cough successfully. Similar means within five - seven days put in order lung tissues. With severe lung damage, injections or pills from cough antibiotics, can fight the main symptom and last longer. In this case the doctor considers it expedient to change them or prolong the course for another five to seven days.
- Tracheitis. At the initial stages, this disease is treated with anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as tablets and sprays, softening the mucous throat. However, if the disease does not recede within three to four days, the patient is prescribed antibiotics against cough and sore throat.
- Tonsillitis. With angina and cough, antibiotics are prescribed only if it is non-viral.
- Tuberculosis. This disease does not completely cure, but with proper treatment the condition of the body is maintained with the help of tablets and injections of antibiotics from cough.
Separately, we should say about the disease, like bronchitis. The bronchial asthma does not always require the use of such strong drugs. In some cases, the doctor decides on the need to prescribe only anti-inflammatory drugs. Antibiotics from bronchitis and cough apply for deep obstruction. Another example that confirms the need for their use is a strong chest cough with bronchitis, which also requires the intake of antibiotics.
Antibiotics for coughing the name
There are many medicines of this type. In the table below you can find the names of the most popular and common drugs of the antibiotic type.
Indications for use
Bronchitis, tonsillitis, inflammatory processes in the upper respiratory tract.
Pregnancy and lactation period, acute cardiac and renal insufficiency, gastritis and peptic ulcer, children under one year old.
Bronchitis and pneumonia.
Diseases of kidney and liver, children under 3 years of age, gastrointestinal diseases.
Respiratory diseases, tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia.
Pregnancy and lactation, diseases of the digestive tract, liver and kidneys, children under 12 years.
Bronchitis, tracheitis, pneumonia
Peptic ulcer and gastritis, impaired kidney and liver function, children under 3 years old.
Zi-factor (antibiotic for cough 3 tablets)
Tracheitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis.
Pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding, children under 18 years of age, serious diseases of the stomach, liver, kidneys.
We draw your attention to the fact that the information in the table is for information only. To prescribe antibiotics from a cough, the list of which is listed above, should only the doctor.
When antibiotics for cough and cold do not help?
Colds themselves do not require the use of strong drugs. They are treated with medicines, the action of which is directed to a certain symptom, for example, temperature or a cold. In more serious diseases, such as ARVI and influenza, as well as other viruses, the use of strong medicines means is also inexpedient, since they do not affect bacteria and microorganisms that are the causative agent infection. Drugs of this type are prescribed only if the flu or other virus causes complications.
Antibiotics for coughing
Antibiotics for cough - medicines that can quickly cure cough and eliminate the first symptoms of colds. Let's consider the features of treatment with antibiotics, types of antibiotics and the most effective drugs for coughing.
As a rule, a doctor prescribes antibiotics for coughing, but very often these drugs are bought independently, at the discretion of the patient. When choosing antibiotics, there are certain nuances and peculiarities. Let's consider the rules for choosing antibiotics for coughing.
- Reception of antibiotics for coughing should be justified. Remember that antibiotics are medicines that are aimed at fighting bacteria. Antibiotics for cough and colds must be taken with bacterial bronchitis, pneumonia, tracheitis and other diseases that are accompanied by a cough. Reception of antibiotics will lead to acceleration of the process of recovery and improvement of well-being. But do not forget that cough can be caused not only by colds, but also diseases of the heart or nervous system.
- Antibiotics for coughing should be properly selected. So, doctors have a special card with diseases and bacterial pathogens. Thanks to this, you can immediately select an effective antibiotic, to which the bacteria exert an increased sensitivity. If a cough with phlegm, then before taking antibiotics, it is advisable to pass an analysis to the flora. If there is no possibility to seek medical help, but the cough lasts from three days and intensifies, then you need a broad spectrum antibiotic. Such preparations include: amoksiklav, flekomlav. But antibiotics can cause a number of complications, translate cough into a chronic form and cause allergic reactions.
- It is necessary to know how to take antibiotics. It is necessary to observe the dosage of the drug and not to increase or decrease it during the treatment. An increase in the dose of antibiotic will not lead to a speedy recovery, but will only cause allergic reactions. If a day after taking the drug is not easier, then the antibiotic must be changed. When taking an antibiotic, you must follow the course of treatment. If the instructions say that the drug is taken within 5-10 days, then it is impossible to drink antibiotics longer than the allotted time. Since with prolonged use of the drug, bacteria develop resistance, and treatment becomes difficult.
Read also: Antibiotics for bronchitis
Do I need antibiotics for cough?
Do I need antibiotics for cough? Of course, they are needed, because they are effective drugs that successfully fight with bacterial infections. But taking antibiotics is only necessary for the doctor's prescription. Self-medication can aggravate the course of the disease, and taking antibiotics will help the bacteria get used to the drug, which will complicate the treatment in the future.
In order to choose a good antibiotic when you cough, you need to go to the doctor. The doctor will take a sputum analysis for sowing. This will allow you to select an antibiotic of a narrow spectrum of action that your bacteria will destroy. Without the analysis, antibiotics of a broad spectrum of action, as a rule, preparations of the penicillin group are prescribed. But the body does not always need antibiotic treatment. If the disease passes without complications, then it is enough to supply the body with a dose of vitamins, fresh vegetables and fruits.
Antibiotic for coughing during pregnancy
Antibiotic from cough during pregnancy is strictly contraindicated, as well as other medications. The thing is that the antibiotic has an adverse effect on the development of the baby, which in the future can cause pathology.
If a pregnant woman has a cough, then it should be treated with natural medicinal infusions and methods of traditional medicine. But it will not be superfluous to go to the doctor to take tests. This will let you know what caused the cough and choose the most effective means for its treatment. With regard to the treatment of herbs and infusions, we need a doctor's consultation here, since some herbs are contraindicated to pregnant women.
Cough after antibiotics
Cough after antibiotics can occur in the event that the disease is not completely cured. The disease has taken a chronic form or antibiotics have caused an allergic reaction. In this case, seek medical attention. Remember that cough after antibiotics can not be treated with new antibiotics, in this case only proven folk methods of treatment will help, let's consider them.
- Against cough, a medicinal vitamin syrup that does not cause side effects and will well eliminate the symptoms of cold will perfectly help. Take one lemon, cut it into slices and pass on low heat for about 10 minutes. As soon as the lemon turns soft and releases the juice, add a couple of spoons of glycerin and honey to it. With a rare cough after antibiotics, take 1 teaspoon per day, with strong or disturbing at night - on a spoon in the morning and at bedtime.
- If the cough after antibiotics is accompanied by a high temperature, then it will help to eliminate the medicinal tincture from the lime color. Brew leaves and linden flowers with steep boiling water, hold on a steam bath and let it brew for 2-3 hours. After this, the infusion should be cooled and take 1 glass a day, preferably after a meal.
- If a cough after antibiotics has appeared in children, then a simple but effective prescription will cope with this. You will need carrot juice and radish juice, milk and honey. Mix the ingredients in equal proportions and give the baby in one spoon every 2-3 hours.
- Another natural cough remedy after antibiotics is prepared from radish. Slice thin radish slices, each piece must be well sprinkled with sugar, put in a bowl and insist all night. During the night, the radish will let out the juice, which must be taken on a teaspoon every hour.
Names of antibiotics for cough
If you catch a cold and you have all the symptoms of ARVI, then you need to know the names of antibiotics for cough. First of all, it is worth knowing that when treating a cold, it is very important to choose those drugs that act on the cause of the disease, that is, a bacterial agent. This type of treatment is called etiological. If the patient takes expectorants, antitussives and immunostimulants - then this is the second and no less important stage of treatment.
Almost 90% of all colds are accompanied by a cough caused by viruses, so treatment with antibiotics will be justified and quite effective. Antibiotics are necessary for the treatment of colds, which lasts more than 5-7 days. In this case, the disease is caused by a bacterial infection, so taking antibiotics is necessary. Let's look at the most effective and commonly used antibiotics for coughing:
- Antibiotics penicillin group - augmentin, ampioks, amoksiklav.
- Antibiotics group cephalosporins - cefpir, cefotaxime, cefazolin.
- Antibiotics - macrolides - azithromycin, roxithromycin, clarithromycin.
With catarrhal diseases with cough, the effective use of antibacterial drugs. Since the action of such antibiotics is directed to the destruction of bacteria. But too often to take antibiotics when coughing is not recommended, since it causes addiction to the body. In addition, antibiotics can cause allergic reactions and contribute to the chronic form of the disease and cough including.
What antibiotic to drink when coughing?
What antibiotic to drink when coughing? A question that interests those who are faced with the first signs of a cold. Before buying antibiotics, it is worthwhile to know that taking such drugs is effective only if the pathogen is bacteria. To determine the type of bacterium, it is necessary to pass tests of sputum to be separated. No less important is the analysis of the susceptibility of bacteria to different types of antibiotics. This allows you to choose the most correct and effective antibiotic drug.
If you did not take tests and do not know what antibiotic to drink when you cough, you can buy antibiotics of a wide spectrum of action. Such drugs will ease the course of the disease and help cure cough.
Antibiotics for dry cough
Antibiotics for dry cough - this is the best medicine. This is the opinion of almost all patients who face colds, but is this really so? Antibiotics have a powerful effect, but they do not always manifest it, so their administration may not be appropriate with a dry cough. Let's consider the peculiarities of choosing and taking antibiotics with a dry cough.
- With a strong dry cough, taking antibiotics is detrimental to an already weakened body. The immune system undergoes a powerful chemical attack, which complicates the recovery process after the disease.
- Cough is a protective reaction of the body to the actions of a bacterial infection. This suggests that antibiotics for dry cough should be selected so that it has an effective inhibitory effect on the pathogenic microflora of the virus.
- Antibiotics are not recommended for taking alone, that is, without the appointment of a doctor. As this can lead to a number of adverse consequences. In addition, improperly selected antibiotics for dry cough only aggravate the course of the disease.
- Frequent use of an antibiotic can cause allergic reactions, dysbiosis. The disease can take a chronic form and manifest itself with the slightest weakening of the immune system.
- When choosing antibiotics for children, it is worth giving preference to syrups, since they do not act aggressively on the body.
- Do not forget that any antibiotic has a number of contraindications and warnings. Therefore, before taking any medications do not forget to read the instructions for use.
Antibiotics for severe coughing
Antibiotics with a strong cough do not affect the cough, and the infection. Therefore, complex treatment, i.e. taking antibiotics and strengthening the immune system, will be effective. An effective antibiotic with a strong cough is the drug "Kodelak it will help cure both a strong and dry cough. Also, it is worth taking pills "Pectusin they will reduce the cough and give the chance to rest.
With a strong cough, it is important to treat not only a cough, but also an infection that provoked it. So, a strong cough acts as a symptom of a viral infection. In this case, the antibiotic "Immunal" will help. If a strong cough is accompanied by sputum, the infection is in the bronchi and most likely has a bacterial character. In this case, the intake of such antibiotics as "Amoxiclav "Suprax or "Macropen" will be effective. Determine what antibiotic with a strong cough is most effective, can only a doctor. So do not delay the hike for qualified medical help.
Antibiotics for coughing sputum
Antibiotics for coughing with phlegm are potent drugs, many of which are not dispensed without a prescription. If the cough is accompanied by sputum discharge, then this is the first sign of a life-threatening disease that needs professional treatment and the course of antibiotics will not help here. Particular danger is bloody, purulent, yellow-green or sputum rust.
In this case, the patient is prescribed antibiotics that dissolve phlegm, that is, mucolytics. Such drugs allow you to clear the lungs of phlegm, that is, have an expectorant effect. In addition to taking antibiotics, do not forget about preventive procedures that you can conduct yourself at home.
- Drink more water to get phlegm.
- Regular humidification of the air will soothe the inflammatory processes, soften the sputum and will facilitate its prompt removal.
- It is necessary to avoid pulmonary irritants, especially tobacco smoke.
- As soon as a strong cough begins, sit up straight, this pose will facilitate the expansion of the lungs and help to withdraw phlegm.
- Sputum should be spit, but, in no case do not swallow. It will not be superfluous to comply with hygiene rules, so that other people will not catch the infection.
Antibiotics for prolonged coughing
Antibiotics for prolonged coughing are needed if the cough lasts more than 8-10 weeks. If the cough lasts much less, then, as a rule, the cause of its occurrence is hyperreactivity airways, which very often occurs in patients after infectious diseases or pulmonary infection.
- The cause of prolonged coughing can be not only an infection or a bacterium, but also various cancers or bronchial asthma. Therefore, it is very important to do chest radiography. This is especially true for adult patients.
- Before choosing antibiotics from a prolonged cough, you need to determine the cause of the cough. The most common causes: chronic bronchitis, sinusitis, bronchial asthma, sarcoidosis, silicosis, asbestosis, infectious lung diseases, tuberculosis, heart failure, cancer, complications after previous illnesses or operations.
- Antibiotics for prolonged cough fight with such infections as: whooping cough, mycoplasmal pneumonia, chlamydial pneumonia.
- Prolonged cough with antibiotics is best treated in children, but in adults, antibiotic treatment does not have the desired result.
Antibiotics for children with cough
Many parents are confident that antibiotics for children when coughing are doing their job well and do not harm the child's organism. But is it? Every parent should know that no antibiotic can cure the disease, he will only take off the symptoms for a while and create a lot of trouble for the child. So, antibiotics can cause dysbacteriosis, affected intestinal microflora, and problems with the immune system.
If the child has just started coughing, then instead of antibiotics it is better to give the baby hot tea and give vitamins to strengthen the immune system. If the disease is serious, only the pediatrician can prescribe the necessary antibiotics after the child's examination and a series of tests. Independently to buy antibiotics for children it is impossible, as it is fraught with consequences for not strong child's organism. Particular attention should be paid to such antibiotics as:
- Levomycetin - just one pill of such an antibiotic can cause aplastic anemia, that is, oppression of hematopoiesis.
- Antibiotics of the tetracycline group are strictly forbidden for children. These include doxycycline, minocycline, tetracycline. These drugs disrupt the formation of tooth enamel.
- Fluorinated antibiotics - ofloxacin, pefloxacin and others. These drugs disrupt the process of formation of cartilage of joints.
Antibiotics for coughing in adults
Antibiotics for coughing in adults are prescribed by a doctor after the examination. But do not forget that antibiotics will only take away the symptoms of the disease, while the underlying cause will continue to destroy the immune system. From cough for adults, an effective antibiotic is considered to be "Flemoxin" and "Ambrobene". The intake of antibiotics must be supplemented with medical procedures, compresses, ointments, inhalations.
"Mukaltin "Bromgexin" helps very well - the preparations quickly relieve cough. But do not forget that all antibiotics have side effects. Therefore, in the treatment of cough in adults, it is recommended to give preference to natural preparations and antibiotics. A good antibiotic for cough can be made from radish. Take one radish, chop it, squeeze the juice and take one spoon until the cough disappears completely.
Cough syrup with antibiotic
Cough syrup with antibiotic is an effective and, most importantly, a pleasant remedy for cough and catarrhal diseases. Most often, syrups with antibiotics are prescribed to children, as many manufacturers have been concerned that the syrup was not only effective in treatment, but also pleasant to the taste. Let's look at the most popular and effective cough syrups with an antibiotic.
- Plantain syrup is a natural remedy, due to which the cough disappears in 3-5 days. The taste of the syrup is pleasant, so it can be taken to children. Dry cough due to the syrup becomes wet, so that sputum is quickly excreted. But this syrup can not be used as a means for emergency treatment and syrup is prohibited for kids under two years of age.
- Syrup "Lazolvan" - this syrup is referred to the drugs of the second line, that is, it is taken if the inhalations and medicinal infusions have not cured the cough. The drug stimulates the body to develop a protective flora in the bronchi, which reliably protects against the disease in the future. Syrup has an active antibiotic in its composition, which removes temperature and fatigue. Suitable for both children and adults.
- Syrup "Broncholitin" is quite effective, but you can take it only as prescribed by a doctor. The syrup contains many natural ingredients, which only improves and strengthens its medicinal capabilities. The syrup suppresses even the most severe cough, both in adults and in children. The syrup contains a potent antibiotic, so it is very important to observe the dosage of the drug.
- Syrup "Doctor Mom" - a drug with plant components. The effect of the syrup grows gradually. Suitable for cough treatment, both in children and adults. The only negative of syrup is its long action, so it is recommended to use it in combination with other medicines.
How to cure a cough without antibiotics?
How to cure a cough without antibiotics and is it possible? Of course, perhaps the most important thing is to know what and how to treat. In this case, treatment is recommended to be carried out with the help of natural herbal ingredients, that is, the method of traditional medicine. Let's look at several effective cough suppressants without antibiotics.
- Carrot and milk syrup is an excellent cough remedy, which is suitable for both adults and children. Mix the carrot juice and milk in equal proportions. Drink should be taken every two hours during the day.
- Onion syrup - for the preparation of syrup you need 500 grams of onions and the same amount of sugar. The onion must be cleaned and chopped. To crushed onions add sugar and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours. After the syrup is cooked, add a couple of spoons of honey to it and mix well. Keep the medicine in a glass jar, and take one tablespoon every two hours.
- Onion and onion - take 10 small onions and one garlic head. Cook them in milk until they become soft. Grind the mixture with a blender, add a couple of spoons of honey and mint juice. Take recommended for a spoon every hour. The drug effectively helps in the treatment of severe and dry cough.
- Medicinal viburnum - mix the berries of the viburnum with sugar, let it brew and take at the first urge to cough.
Antibiotics for cough are effective medications that fight infection and in a short time relieve the symptoms of the disease. But taking antibiotics also has a negative side, which can cause allergic reactions and complications. Before taking antibiotics, be sure to consult a doctor, it will guarantee that your body does not face anything and the treatment goes right.
What antibiotics should be used for dry coughing for adults?
What antibiotics can be used for dry coughing for adults? To answer this question, you need to know all about this type of medication. Antibiotics for coughing can relieve the symptoms of colds. They are most often prescribed by the attending physician, but a large number of people buy them at their discretion.
How to choose antibiotics for a cough?
For this you need to know some features and nuances, namely:
- Since these drugs are designed to fight microbes, they should be used for diseases that are accompanied by a cough, such as bronchitis, pneumonia. Then these funds will help to remove the symptoms of the disease. But you can not ignore the fact that coughing occurs in other diseases, for example, with various lesions of the cardiac system.
- Antibiotics for coughing should be properly selected and used, and this can only be done by an experienced doctor. It should be addressed in the event that the cough lasts more than 3 days and intensifies. Then you need a drug with an extended spectrum of effects, for example, a fleumoclave or amoxiclav. But it is necessary to know that they are capable of causing complications, and then instead of cure, the cough will pass into a chronic form. Allergic reactions are also possible.
- It is necessary to correctly apply the antibiotics prescribed by the doctor. Overdose is inadmissible, it is better to change the used medicine to another, if after 3 days of admission the patient does not become lighter. It is necessary to fully comply with the prescribed course of therapy, otherwise, if you uncontrollably stretch the timing of the antibiotic, there is the habit of microbes to it. Then treatment is hampered and complications can arise.
What should adults use against dry cough?If a person has caught a cold and there are all the symptoms of the disease, it is best to consult a doctor.This is especially important if you have a dry cough. Although many people consider antibiotics to be the best medicine, this is not always the case. Preparations of this group can not always show themselves to the full for various reasons, therefore It is possible to use antibiotics to eliminate dry cough not only impossible, but also dangerous. Here that it is necessary to consider for correct selection of a medicine:
- If a person has a dry cough in a strong form, antibiotics will only further weaken his body, so they are useless at this point.
- Since coughing is a protective function of the human body when bacteria enter it, drugs should be selected with the condition that they have a strong depressant effect on viral microflora.
- Drugs can not be used by the patient on their own, as with inadequate choice the situation can only worsen.
- If you often use the same medicine, you may experience various allergic reactions or the patient will get dysbiosis. The main disease can be transformed into a severe chronic form and, due to the weakening of immunity, it is more and more often to affect a person.
- Any antibiotic has contraindications, so when taking it is necessary to comply with all the prescriptions, which are indicated on the medication annotation.
What drugs are designed to eliminate signs of the disease?For the right choice, it is advisable to consult a doctor at the first symptoms of a cold. It is necessary to know that antibiotics are effective only for bacterial infection.
To find out which microbes penetrated the patient's body, it is necessary to pass the sputum tests.
Doctors will conduct a study on the susceptibility of an established causative agent of infection to a particular drug. After that they will write out the right medicine.
The most commonly used tools include:
- Penicillin group: ampiox, augmentin and the like.
- Of cephalosporins, cefotaxime and cefazolone are most often prescribed.
- Macrolides and their subgroup. The most commonly used ones are clarithromycin and azithromycin.
- With a strong dry cough, you can use pectusin, suprax, macropen.
- If the disease lasts a long time, then it may be necessary to write out antibiotics of wide impact.
Cough may also appear after the use of medicines. In this case, you can not try to heal it by replacing one group of antibiotics with another.
In this case, it is better to use traditional medicine, which has virtually no side effects.
What antibiotics to drink with a strong cough
With a strong cough before all the tests are taken, you can drink antibiotics of a wide spectrum of action - Amoxiclav, Sumamed and others. After the specialist will appoint a drug with a narrow-range effect, for example, Azithromycin, Suprax and another.Almost 90% of all colds smoothly flow into a cough, which is viral, so treatment with antibiotics in this case will be justified and effective. Antibacterial drugs are prescribed for colds, which lasts more than 5-7 days. But it must be remembered that antibiotics often cause allergies and addiction, so they can drink only according to the doctor's prescription and in the dosage chosen by him.
In what cases are antibiotics needed?
Reception of antibiotics is indicated for bacterial bronchitis, bacterial pneumonia, bacterial bronchopneumonia and bacterial tracheitis. In this case, antibiotics will quickly lead to recovery of the patient, but if the nature of these diseases is viral, there will be no sense from these drugs. Therefore, in the first place, you need to pass all the necessary tests, in particular, sputum analysis on the flora and sensitivity to antibiotics, and only then to select a drug that is able to cope with a strong cough. If the patient did not take the necessary tests, it makes sense to choose a broad-spectrum medicament - Flemoklav, Amoxiclav, Sumamed, Cefotaxime.
Antibiotics with a strong cough do not affect the cough itself, but an infection. In most cases, a complex treatment is required, including taking medications to treat the throat, nose, and, if necessary, the ears. With a strong cough, an antimicrobial Kodelak can be prescribed, able to cope with both dry and wet cough. You can dissolve pills Pectusin or Tharyngept. Increase the immunity of the patient will help tincture Echinacea or Immunal. With a strong cough with sputum, it is most advisable to take antibiotics such as Amoxiclav, Suprax and Azithromycin, Kitazamycin.
How to use
Take antibiotic should be in the dosage, in which it was prescribed by a doctor. If no improvement occurs 1-3 days after the start of treatment, the drug should be changed. It is necessary to try to drink the medicine at the same time, this will ensure a constant concentration of the active substance in the blood, necessary for the harmful effect on microbes. And if the patient misses the medication or takes it randomly, the treatment can be delayed and ineffective.
The course of treatment, as a rule, is 5-7 days. Refusal of treatment after improvement, which occurred 2-3 days after the beginning of taking the drug, may be fraught with new relapse, but in this case, you have to start all over again and drink another drug, since the previous microbes have found stability.
How to cure bronchitis with antibiotics: a list of the best drugs
Bronchitis is an inflammatory process that develops in the bronchi. There may be several types, each of which has a distinctive symptomatology and specific treatment that the doctor should appoint. Remember that self-medication of such a serious disease as bronchitis, at home is just dangerous!
Types and symptomsThe considered inflammatory process can proceed in the following forms:
- purulent- The sputum, allocated at a cough, contains in itself an admixture of pus; For more information on how to treat purulent bronchitis in adults, read the article.
- purulent-serous- characterized by the release of specific sputum, differing in gray and the presence of "fibers" / inclusions of pus;
- fibrinous- phlegm in the patient is very viscous and dense, poorly separated, which provokes a narrowing of the lumen of the bronchus and, as a consequence, attacks of bronchospasm;
- hemorrhagic- The inflammatory process affects the blood vessels, thinens their walls and the blood gets into the sputum;
- catarrhal- the most common form of bronchitis, characterized by the accumulation of a large amount of mucus in the upper parts of the bronchi.
As the treatment of chronic bronchitis with antibiotics is worth reading for information in this article.
Whether it is possible to breathe over a potato at a bronchitis it is specified in clause here: http://prolor.ru/g/lechenie/stoit-dyshat-nad-kartoshkoj-pri-prostude-kashle.html
This disease can have a different course:
- acute bronchitis- always begins suddenly, accompanied by pain in the chest (even with deep breathing), paroxysmal coughing and fever;
- Chronical bronchitis- is a consequence of an untreated acute form, has all of the above main symptoms bronchitis, but in a less pronounced form, and hyperthermia (fever) can and does absent.
When examining the patient and carrying out the diagnosis, the doctor necessarily differentiates the bronchitis according to the functional sign:
- non-obstructive- narrowing of bronchi, sudden bronchospasm and stifling is not observed;
- obstructive- due to a large amount of viscous sputum or because of the anatomical features of the patient's body, there is a significant narrowing of the bronchial lumen. In this case, the patient complains of shortness of breath, attacks of suffocation, accompanied by a strained dry cough. And here's how to treat obstructive bronchitis in children, you can find out by reading this article.
Antibiotics for bronchitis
Only antibiotics contribute to the cure of bronchitis, the remaining funds only facilitate the patient's condition
Many, who noted the first symptoms of the disease in question, begin treatment of bronchitis propolis, soda, garlic and other folk remedies and usual tablets from a cough - it's in the bud wrong!Only antibacterial drugs (antibiotics) can relieve directly from inflammation and pathogenic microorganisms(bronchitis has an infectious etiology), and all other methods of treatment and remedies will only alleviate the condition of the patient. This does not mean that you need to immediately and unconditionally go through a course of antibiotic therapy - consultation a doctor will still be needed, but the antibiotic used most often for children with bronchitis is indicated in the article.
Important: with acute bronchitis antibiotics are not prescribed at all - this form of inflammation has viral etiology, and the drugs in question are absolutely useless in the fight for viruses.Antibiotics can be prescribed in tablets and injections, but most often the tablet form is used medicines - it allows you to go through the entire course of treatment on an outpatient basis, without the need to find hospital. Doctors may prescribe injections with antibacterial drugs in the following cases:
- the body temperature reaches the highest boundaries and keeps at this level for more than a day;
- there is pus in the phlegm;
- bronchospasm and severe dyspnea are observed.
In addition, antibiotics can also be used in inhalations with a nebulizer - this is generally considered to be the most effective method of treatment: the drug falls directly on the walls of the bronchi, affected by the inflammatory process and acts localized.
Antibiotics of the old generation
Augmentin - one of the popular means of the old generation
Most often in the treatment of bronchitis of different forms and types of doctors appointed penicillins - drugs of the old generation, but this did not become less effective. Recommended preparations:
RRecommended dosage: 625 mg per treatment. Such receptions per day should be 3 (every 8 hours).Importantly: penicillins give a very good effect, but more often the resistance of pathogenic bacteria that provoked bronchitis to these drugs is revealed.Therefore, the patient is prescribed a medicine, followed by monitoring the dynamics of the disease for 3 days) and in the absence of positive "shifts" the antibiotic is replaced by another, more effective.
If the patient has an individual intolerance and / or hypersensitivity to antibiotics of the penicillin series, macrolides are assigned to him. To such it is possible to carry:
They are produced most often in tablet form, so the dosage is calculated as follows: 1 tablet per reception, use should be done every 6-8 hours.
Modern antibioticsIn obstructive bronchitis, antibiotics of a new generation are appointed - cephalosporins, which are injected into the body only by injection - intramuscularly or intravenously (in especially severe cases). These include:
Please note: the exact dosage should be prescribed by the attending physician - it will depend on the severity of the course of the disease, the general condition of the patient, the "neglect" of the inflammatory process.
If a patient has previously been diagnosed with chronic bronchitis, then at the first signs of his exacerbation take fluoroquinolones - broad-spectrum antibiotics, identical to cephalosporins, but more soft / gentle. The most commonly prescribed are:
It is recommended to treat with a short seven-day course, injecting any of the above medications intramuscularly twice a day.What amount of the drug is needed for one injection, only a doctor can determine - in this case, it is unreasonable to make a decision independently.
The chronic form of bronchitis is always and certainly treated with antibiotics - they will help "drive" the inflammatory process into the stage of long-term remission.
Antibiotics and nebulizer
Inhalation nebulizer is especially effective in bronchitis
To conduct inhalations with a nebulizer, antibiotics can also be used - the effect will be rendered almost immediately, because in this case the drug will act directed / localized and immediately after it hits the organism.Most often for this type of treatment is appointed Fluimucil - a drug that in its composition contains both antibacterial agent, and special for liquefaction of sputum.Produced antibiotic in the form of a powder - you need to take one package and dissolve in a small amount of sodium chloride (maximum 5 ml), and the resulting liquid is divided into two inhalations per day.
Inhalation Fluimutsilom most effective in purulent bronchitis, but can be prescribed for other types of inflammatory disease.
Indication / contraindications
Antibiotics are quite powerful medications that have categorical indications and contraindications.You can not thinklessly take antibacterial drugs - in most cases they are absolutely useless, but their negative effect on the work of the intestines, liver and kidneys can already have(the so-called side effects). For those who want to know in more detail how many days to drink antibiotics for bronchitis, you can learn from the article. Therefore, one should know clear indications for the appointment / use of antibiotics for the treatment of various forms / types of bronchitis:
- borderline high body temperature, which can not be reduced by usual antipyretic;
- purulent sputum content;
- developing bronchospasm;
- previously diagnosed chronic bronchitis.
It is strictly forbidden to prescribe to doctors or take antibiotics on their own:
- diseases of urinary system of severe course - renal failure / nephropathy;
- violations of the functionality of the liver - selectively, for example, with certain forms of hepatitis;
- ulcerative disease of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract (stomach / duodenum).
Important: it is necessary to exclude an allergic reaction to antibiotics - it can develop rapidly, which leads to anaphylactic shock and edema Quincke.
And notice: if the patient has already undergone treatment shortly before the development of bronchitis antibacterial drugs of any group, then these funds will be absolutely useless in the treatment any type of bronchitis.
If you ignore the symptoms of bronchitis, self-treatment, the abandonment of antibacterial drugs can develop quite serious complications of bronchitis:
- pneumonia and pneumothorax;
- bronchial asthma - especially dangerous in this regard, obstructive bronchitis;
- pulmonary hypertension;
- emphysema of the lungs;
- bronchiectatic disease.
Please note: acute bronchitis with properly conducted treatment is cured quickly enough, otherwise the form of the disease will certainly be replaced by a chronic one.
From this video you will learn about the proper treatment of chronic bronchitis:
Frequent recurrences of chronic bronchitis, prolonged obstructive, purulent and / or catarrhal appearance of the disease in question can lead to the development inflammation in other organs and body systems - as complications are considered otitis (acute / chronic), tonsillitis (compensated / decompensated).
Antibiotics for bronchitis in children and adults
Bronchitis is a common disease that in recent years has been chronic in the population, and the signs of bronchitis in adults vary and depend on many factors.
Before the treatment of bronchitis it is necessary to find out the cause that caused the disease. Unfortunately, antibiotics for adults are prescribed empirically in adults, and in some states their purpose is completely inappropriate.
It is known that bronchitis without antibiotics is easily treated if the inflammation has a viral origin, since the virus is not treated with antibacterial agents.
If you take antibiotics during ARVI - this only interferes with the body's defense mechanisms to fight the virus, they depress immune system, lead to the development of dysbacteriosis, allergies, develop the resistance of microorganisms to the drug drug.
Depending on the type of bronchitis the doctor is prescribed the appropriate treatment:
Types of bronchitis
- Acute bronchitis
It is an inflammatory process in the bronchi that occurs most often against the background of Orvi, the flu. With a normal immune response, the body can cope with the virus and in this case antibiotics are not shown. But with the accession of a bacterial infection - pneumococci, staphylococci, streptococci, with a severe course of acute bronchitis without antibiotics is indispensable. Symptoms of acute bronchitis: purulent sputum (yellow or green) with a strong cough, temperature 3, -3, C, chest pain. The doctor prescribes expectorants, mucolytic agents for improving the excretion of sputum (bromhexine, lazolvan, chest collection), showing inhalation. With a dry, painful, unproductive cough, the anticancer preparations are shown (Sinekod, Libexin). Well helps therapeutic exercises, physiotherapy, vibrating massage. With timely and adequate treatment, the disease passes quickly, residual phenomena in the form of a cough may persist for 3-4 weeks after the illness.
- Chronical bronchitis
If the number of days of illness in two years exceeds three months, such bronchitis is considered chronic. It is distinguished by the presence of a strong cough with mucus. This can be due to smoking (see. lung cancer and smoking), occupational hazard, allergic reaction and respiratory tract infections.
Separately stands out atypical forms of bronchitis. Mycoplasmal and chlamydial bronchitis are special types of inflammation of the bronchi and lungs, which are caused by such atypical pathogens as chlamydia and mycoplasma. Recently, these bronchitis have become more often diagnosed. Mycoplasmal and chlamydial bronchitis and pneumonia develop slowly, are accompanied by intoxication, have a recurrent and protracted nature, are difficult to treat. In patients other than cough, there is a high body temperature, chills, muscle aches.
Which antibiotic is better
The table provides a choice of treatment depending on the type of bronchitis:
|Types of bronchitis||additional characteristics||Treatment choice|
|Acute bronchitis||Viral etiology||Expectorants,
Bronchitis without antibiotics
|Chronic uncomplicated bronchitis||Less than 4 exacerbations per year||Aminopenicillins
|Chronic complicated bronchitis||More than 4 relapses per year, the patient's age is more than 65 years||Amoxicillin, Amoxiclav
|Chronic bronchitis with concomitant diseases||The presence of chronic diseases, diabetes, kidney, heart failure||Fluoroquinolones (in resistant flora, contraindicated in children)|
|Chlamydia bronchitis||It develops in children and in adults with weakened immunity||Tetracyclines
|Mycoplasma bronchitis||It develops in children and in adults with weakened immunity||Macrolides|
- Aminopenicillins - first-line drugs
- Macrolides - second-line drugs
Azithromycin (Sumamed price 540-560 rub. Azithromycin, Azitrox, Hemomycin, Z-factor, Azitrus 140 rub., Azicid, Azitral), Midekamycin (Macropen price 220-230 rubles.). Violate the production of protein in the cells of bacteria, so the microbes stop multiplying.
- Fluoroquinolones - appointed with inefficiency, allergic reactions to the first 2 rows
Levofloxacin (price 430-670 rub.), Ofloksatsin (price 30 - 170 rubles.), Moxifloxacin (Avelox price 1100-1200 rub.). Quite expensive drugs, refer to antibiotics of a wide spectrum of action, are contraindicated to children, cause dysbacteriosis, are considered to be preparations of the reserve.
Cefazolin (10-12 rubles a bottle for 1 injection), Ceftriaxone (17-50 rubles per bottle for 1 in.), Cefalexin (capsules 40-50 rubles. for 16 pcs.), Cefixim (Suprax, Panzef, Ixim).
What is the best antibiotic for bronchitis?
This is the one to which the causative agent of the disease is most sensitive. How to determine this, and what antibiotics to drink with bronchitis? The most correct choice of a drug will be after the result of bacterial culture of phlegm on sensitivity to antibacterial agents. The disadvantage of such an analysis is the duration of the result, as well as the fact that the analysis is not done because of savings in reagents or lack of laboratories. Most often, the doctor prescribes a broad spectrum antibiotic according to the standard of treatment.
Antibiotics for children
The use of antimicrobial agents in children with colds is unacceptable, their administration is justified only in case of complication development:
- This may be the case when after the flu virus, ARVI after 4-5 days, the deterioration of the general condition of the child, the rise of high fever, a wet cough with purulent sputum. In this case, call a doctor.
- The safest and most effective drugs that can be prescribed for children are aminopenicillins and macrolides. Cephalosporins and macrolides are prescribed if there is an allergy to penicillins.
- During and after taking antibiotics, the child should take probiotic drugs in between using antibiotics, and after end of the course of treatment to continue the use of Bifiform, Rio Flora Immuno, Acipola, Bifidumbacterin, Linex for another 2-4 weeks (cm. a complete list of probiotics, analogues of Linesque).
The main rules for taking antibiotics
- Continuity of the course of treatment. The doctor evaluates the patient's condition and determines the duration of therapy, usually enough 5-7 days, with macrolide treatment - 5 days.
- Take exactly the time. It is necessary to observe the frequency of reception and maintain the same time intervals (24, 12, 8, 6 hours), that is, if an antibiotic is prescribed 3 times a day, then it is taken every 8 hours. This is necessary to maintain a constant concentration of the drug in the blood. Some antibiotics should be drunk 1 time per day (every 24 hours), others 2 (every 12 hours), some three (8 hours).
- Monitor the effect of the antibiotic. If there is no improvement within 72 hours, then the causative agent to this antibacterial agent is stable and should be changed.
- Continue treatment 2-3 days after the obvious improvement, recovery (see, for example, 11 rules for the correct intake of antibiotics).
For any malaise, cough, temperature, always consult a doctor. Distinguish manifestations of diseases, differentiate the disease, which drug should be chosen better for bronchitis and how to correctly take it, only a specialist can do it. Trust doctors, then you will not have to deal with the situation of complications from untimely or incorrect treatment, as well as with unreasonable intake of medications.