Venitane is a drug for external use, which has a pronounced angioprotective effect.
Manufactured on the basis of a dry extract of horse chestnut, it increases the tone of the musculature of the vessels, relieves swelling and produces a slight anti-inflammatory effect.
On this page you will find all information about Venitant: the full instructions for use on this medication medium, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already applied Venitan. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Venotonizing drug for external use.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
How much is Venitan? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of250 rubles..
Form of issue and composition
Venitane is released in the form of a gel for external use (colorless or slightly opalescent, transparent, homogeneous), 50 g in aluminum tubes.
- In the composition of 1 g of gel is an active substance - escin in an amount of 10 mg.
Auxiliary components included in the preparation: methylhydroxybenzoate (methylparahydroxybenzoate) - 2 mg; sodium hydroxide -, 7 mg; carbopol 934P (carboxypolymethylene) - 3 mg; Poloxamer (Lutrol F) - 200 mg; propylene glycol 100 mg; purified water - 68.3 mg.
Contained in the seeds of horse chestnut and the composition of Venitane, escin has a pronounced capillaroprotective effect. Like other angioprotectors, he:
- Acts as an antispasmodic;
- It provokes vasodilation;
- Accelerates the resolution of extensive postoperative hematomas;
- Reduces the manifestation of lymphostasis;
- Promotes improvement of venous-lymphatic circulation;
- Reduces brittleness and fragility of blood vessels;
- Improves blood microcirculation processes;
- Increases the tone of the venous wall;
- Helps to eliminate venous stasis;
- Promotes the normalization of rheological properties of blood, i.e. properties that determine its fluidity (in particular, reduces viscosity);
- Normalizes the permeability of the walls of blood vessels by increasing their resistance;
- Removes swelling of tissues, and also prevents the development of local edema;
- Promotes the activation of metabolic processes in the walls of blood vessels;
- Prevents blood stasis in varicose veins;
- Prevents the activation of enzymes released during phagocytosis or lysis (destruction of cells and cellular systems) and have a damaging effect (the so-called lysosomal enzymes).
Venitane Forte, in addition to escin, contains sodium heparin, which enhances the anti-inflammatory effect of escin, as well as allantoin and dexpanthenol.
Indications for use
The advantage of the drug is that it has a huge range of applications. Venitane is used for local and external treatment. You can use it with:
- Sedentary way of life.
- Bruising or ligament injury.
- Varicose, with concomitant symptoms, namely: a feeling of heaviness, pain, cramps, itching and swelling of the legs.
- Venous insufficiency.
Some use gel from scars. However, before you start using the tool, consult a doctor if you can use this gel. Correct application of the tool will help you see the desired result.
Venitans are contraindicated in patients with increased sensitivity to the components that make up the drug.
Caution should be used gel or cream with a tendency to thrombosis.
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the drug should be used only as directed by the doctor.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
There are no restrictions on the use of the gel or cream of the drug for breastfeeding or pregnancy. However, before using it, it is better to consult a doctor.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Venitan is used externally.
- The cream is applied several times a day to the skin of the affected limb, gently rubbing it.
- A thin layer of gel should be applied to the skin of the affected areas and around them and gently rubbed. Multiplicity of application - 2-3 times / day.
With varicose veins of the lower extremities, it is also recommended to use an elastic bandage or wear special tightening tights.
The drug is usually well tolerated. In single cases, mainly in patients with increased individual sensitivity, development of skin allergic reactions - urticaria, skin rashes and itching was observed.
There were no reports of an overdose of Venitan.
It is not recommended to use Venitane on damaged skin or mucous membranes, as well as in the presence of purulent processes. When applying gel or cream, the skin should not be massaged.
With severe symptoms of venous insufficiency, including pain, sensation of tension and discoloration of the skin, it is necessary to exclude thrombosis of the legs. Having noticed such phenomena, the patient should immediately consult a doctor.
The peculiarity of this drug is that it is possible to combine external means for the treatment of varicose veins only with Venitan
The use of Venitane Forte together with other drugs for external use is prohibited.
We picked up some feedback from people about the Venitan product:
- Valera. After a serious injury and surgery (removing part of the superficial veins), you regularly use venotonicks. So I had to face "Venitan N". Like all preparations containing chestnut extract, really well relieve pain. The biggest, and perhaps the only disadvantage of venitaine H, is that it is not absorbed all. If you smear on the night, the bed in the morning is oily. It is necessary to put for two - three hours before a dream, then to wipe. During the day, especially at work, it is impossible to use them, except that wrap and additionally close the film. This causes discomfort.
- Yaroslavna. Varicose veins are not so easy to treat, it can temporarily disappear if treated with a good drug, but again appears. Venitan did not help at all, I did not see any changes. Do not be led by the fact that he has a natural origin.
- Elena. Several months ago began to pay attention to the heaviness in the legs and a slight puffiness at the end of the day. In the early days did not attach any importance to this. But after a week, the second appeared severe pain, which was accompanied by all the above symptoms. Has addressed to the doctor. The doctor assigned me this gel. The drug is very helpful. Literally at once, after drawing the beginning to notice, that the symptomatology passes or takes place, and the illness or disease does not progress. I am very pleased with the result and I can safely recommend this drug to other patients with varicose at the initial stage.
Similar drugs (with the same action and with a similar composition) are: Fitoven gel, VenenTeiss gel, Venosal Plus gel, Herbion Escolus gel, Escuven gel.
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Venetan gel is stored in a place protected from sunlight, out of reach of children. Shelf life is 2 years. Do not use the gel after the expiry date indicated on the package.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.