Kwamatel is an effective drug for the treatment of upper gastrointestinal tract pathologies.
The clinical effect is to reduce the concentration and amount of gastric juice, the regulation of pepsin synthesis. The drug selectively blocks histamine H2-receptors. Reduces basal and stimulated production of gastric juice, the concentration of hydrochloric acid and pepsin. Explicit therapeutic action begins after 1 hour and lasts for 10-12 hours.
On this page you will find all information about Kwamatel: the full application instruction for this medicine medium, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already applied Kwamatel. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
The blocker of histamine H2 receptors. Antiulcer drug.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much does Kwamatel cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of150 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
Kwamatel is available in the form of tablets for oral administration. Each tablet is coated with a protective film sheath.
- The composition of one coated tablet also includes 20 mg of the main substance famotidine and auxiliary components, for example lactose monohydrate.
The drug is packed in blisters of 14 pieces, 2 blisters in a cardboard box, in which detailed instructions are enclosed.
The drug belongs to the group of H2 blockers of histamine receptors. Under the influence of the main component, production of hydrochloric acid and pepsin activity decrease.
The drug has no effect on the process of food movement through the stomach and intestines, does not affect the exocrine ability of the pancreas. After taking the pill inside, the therapeutic effect develops after 1 hour, reaches its maximum after 3 hours and lasts up to 24 hours, which directly depends on the dose taken.
Indications for use
What helps? Kwamatel is prescribed according to the instructions for treatment and prevention:
- Reflux esophagitis;
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome;
- Stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Erosive gastroduodenitis;
- Prevention of bleeding recurrence from the upper gastrointestinal tract (GIT);
- Functional dyspepsia associated with increased secretory function of the stomach;
- Bleeding from the upper gastrointestinal tract (as part of complex treatment);
- Prevention of aspiration of gastric juice in patients undergoing general anesthetic surgery (Mendelssohn syndrome).
Contraindications to the use of Kwamatel are the following conditions:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- presence in the anamnesis of encephalopia;
- lactose insufficiency;
- age younger than 16 and over 65;
- intolerance of substances in the medicine;
- immunodeficiency states (HIV and AIDS);
- malabsorption of galactose-glucose.
Also, special care should be taken when medication is prescribed against a cirrhosis of the liver with portosystemic encephalopathy (history), liver and kidney failure.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
The use of Kwamatel on all terms of pregnancy is strictly prohibited.
The use of the drug during breastfeeding is possible only after complete rejection of it throughout the treatment with the drug.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Kwamatel is taken internally.
- With reflux-esophagitis, the starting dose is 20 mg 2 times / day; if necessary, the drug can be applied to 40 mg 2 times / day.
- In order to prevent exacerbations of peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, Kwamatel is prescribed in a dose of 20 mg 1 time / day before bedtime.
- With Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, the initial dose is 20-40 mg every 6 hours; if necessary, the daily dose can be increased to 240-480 mg.
- To prevent aspiration of gastric juice during general anesthesia, Kwamatel is prescribed at a dose of 40 mg on the eve of surgery or on the morning of the day of surgery.
- With peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenal ulcer in the phase of exacerbation, Kwamatel is prescribed in a dose of 40 mg 1 time / day at bedtime or 20 mg 2 times / day. If necessary, the daily dose can be increased to 80-160 mg. The duration of treatment is 4-8 weeks.
With renal insufficiency, if KK & l; 0 ml / min or serum creatinine content & g; mg / dl, the daily dose should be reduced to 20 mg or increase the interval between doses to 36-48 hours.
The use of the drug Kwamatel can cause the following side effects:
- Increased fatigue, headball, emotional lability.
- Hallucinations, feelings of anxiety, dizziness.
- Hives, angioedema, itching, bronchospasm, anaphylactic shock.
- Violations of the stool, nausea, vomiting, jaundice with cholestasis, increased activity of liver enzymes, worsening of appetite, dryness of the oral mucosa, flatulence.
Also, the use of the drug very rarely can cause heart rhythm disturbances, atrioventricular blockade, fever, pancytopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia.
Various violations of normal activity:
- organs of the digestive system (vomiting);
- from the side of the central nervous system (trembling of limbs, motor excitement);
- cardiovascular system (lowering the level of blood pressure, increasing the heart rate, a sharp drop in blood pressure (collapse)).
To eliminate these conditions, it is necessary to perform gastric lavage and drug removal of overdose symptoms. When severe conditions arise, hemodialysis (mechanical blood purification) is recommended.
- Patients with functional disorders of the liver drug is prescribed with caution and in low doses.
- During the use of the drug, the patient should not use medicines, food and beverages that can irritate the gastric mucosa.
- When appointing Kwamatel, the doctor should make sure that the patient has no malignant neoplasms, since taking the drug is able to mask their symptoms.
- Against the background of prolonged therapy under stress or in weakened patients, bacterial infections of the stomach may develop.
- You can not abruptly interrupt the treatment with famotidine - this can cause the patient to have withdrawal syndrome, therefore, if the drug is withdrawn, the dose should be reduced gradually.
- In case of necessity of simultaneous application, reception of a preparation is made only in 2 hours after ketoconazole or itraconazole, it is also recommended to take a 1-2 hour break when taking antacids, to exclude the interaction of data medicines.
- Skin tests in the diagnosis of allergic skin reactions of immediate type should be carried out after discontinuation of the drug, so as blockers of histamine H2-receptors are able to suppress the skin reaction to histamine and distort the results of studies.
- Because Kwamatel can inhibit the acid-stimulating activity of histamine and pentagastrin, it is recommended to stop taking the drug 24 hours before the test.
During the period of treatment, patients should be careful when practicing potentially hazardous activities, the performance of which requires the speed of psychomotor reactions and high concentration of attention, including when driving vehicles and mechanisms.
- Famotidine increases the absorption of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid.
- Due to the increase in the pH of the stomach contents, famotidine simultaneously reduces the absorption of ketoconazole and itraconazole.
- With the simultaneous administration of famotidine and drugs that inhibit bone marrow hematopoiesis, the risk of developing neutropenia increases.
- Antacids and sucralfate, used simultaneously with the drug Kwamatel, slow the absorption of famotidine. It should be observed 1-2 hour break between the methods of these drugs.
We picked up some feedback from people about the Kwamatel drug:
- Michael. Effective and fairly inexpensive drug for stomach ulcers. My father was discharged and after a couple of weeks I let out a little ulcer. And the disease was in a very neglected form, he could not eat anything. They put it in a hospital, they prescribed it for the treatment of a quatar and other preparations. Then periodically as a prophylactic drink for 10 days.
- Galina. The ulcer of the duodenum has been ill for a long time, regularly in the off-season I go through treatment courses. Often, with exacerbations, ranitidine took, but the doctor recommended poprinimat kvamatel. Within a few days, the therapeutic effect was noticeable, the sharp pains disappeared, the aggressiveness of the gastric juice decreased, and, accordingly, heartburn and acidic eructations ceased. The drug is good and does not cause side effects, but a doctor's consultation and examination is necessary.
- Tatyana. I was prescribed Kwamatel tablets for the treatment of reflux esophagitis. But they did not suit me. Already on the second day of the reception, severe dizziness began, pressure dropped, and severe weakness appeared. I looked at the instructions and was surprised by the abundance of side effects. I do not know if it can be cured with the help of this remedy, but the real problems and complications can be earned quite realistically. From these pills refused, eventually picked up a less toxic drug.
Analogues of the drug containing the same active substance are preparations Gasterogen, Gastrosidin, Pesidin, Famosan, Famotel, Famotidine. Among other drugs with a similar therapeutic effect, the following drugs can be mentioned:
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Tablets should be stored at a temperature of no more than 30 ° C, lyophilizate - 15-25 ° C, in a dark place out of the reach of children.
Shelf life: tablets and solvent - 5 years; Lyophilizate - 3 years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.