Dry cough in the babyFor most parents, any disease in a child becomes a real test, therefore, in order not to be afraid without reasons and be confident in their actions, it is necessary to know the causes and methods of treatment of the most common pathologies.
Dry coughing in a child is one of the most common problems that parents can not cope with. It can occur for no apparent reason, when there is no rise in body temperature and other symptoms of colds.
Cough occurs in response to irritation of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, it helps to clear the airways of accumulated mucus, pathogenic microorganisms or pus. But a dry cough is not accompanied by separation of phlegm and does not benefit the body. A strong paroxysmal cough causes pain and exhaustion of the patient, prevents him from sleeping normally, and causes respiratory failure.
Treatment depends on the cause of the pathology, for a favorable outcome of the disease, it is necessary to conduct a correct diagnosis and timely initiation of therapy, in most cases it is sufficient to use local treatment and syrup from. cough.
The main causes of cough in children
1. The most common causes are colds caused by ingestion of a viral infection. At the onset of the disease, the child's body temperature rises, throat swelling, profuse nasal discharge and general malaise appear. Then, sore throat and dry cough. After 2-3 days the patient's condition stabilizes, the cough becomes wet and quickly stops.
Since the disease is caused by a viral infection, the treatment basically involves nursing and local ways of treating the throat. Sometimes a viral infection is complicated by the development of bronchitis, in this case, cough - strong, barking, paroxysmal and continues for 10-14 days, for treatment, as directed by a doctor, you need to start taking cough syrup or other expectorant facilities.
2. Influenza viruses and parainfluenza also often provoke attacks of dry cough in children. Unlike other viral infections, the condition of a sick child is much heavier with influenza, and cough may be paroxysmal, barking and frequent, characterized by an increase in body temperature to 39-40 degrees.
3. Dry cough can be a sign of an infectious disease like whooping cough. This bacterial infection is transmitted by airborne droplets and can cause a serious malfunction in the operation of the respiratory system. A characteristic symptom is a strong, paroxysmal, barking cough that causes an overstrain in the patient's body. He intensifies at night, the child can not clear his throat, his face turns red, all muscles stiffen, his eyes water, and his voice becomes hoarse and hoarse.
Treatment of pertussis should be carried out in a hospital, a child with suspected infection should be as soon as possible hospitalization, since the most effective means is the use of a special serum that allows you to quickly cope with the disease.
4. Allergy - if the child has a persistent paroxysmal cough, or a dry barking cough, especially on mornings, without increase in body temperature and other signs of catarrhal diseases, it is necessary to conduct allergens. Such a cough may increase or disappear for no apparent reason, but if it is not diagnosed in time and not treated, a child may develop allergic bronchitis (an allergic cough) or even a bronchial asthma.
5. Cough caused by contaminated air - in young children, coughing attacks can be triggered by the presence in the air various stimuli - cigarette smoke, odor paintwork, perfume or just because of too dry air. Such a cough can occur in the morning in a child whose room is heated at night and there are no moisturizers.
6. Gastroesophageal reflux - sometimes a cough occurs due to a disruption in the digestive system. In this case, acidic gastric juice and food, which has got into the stomach, rises back along the esophagus and burns the throat, irritating the mucous membrane and causing coughing attacks. Other indications of malaise in this case are not noted
7. Dry cough without fever - a cough without a rise in body temperature may occur due to ingression into the respiratory tract any foreign object - a piece of food, toy parts, a lump of dust or any other thing that the baby decided to taste. It occurs suddenly, without fever or other signs of infection and may be accompanied by symptoms of suffocation.
It is necessary as soon as possible to provide first aid to the child, for this - put the baby on the knee, so that the head was below the body, open his mouth and try to clean the mouth and throat, while producing sliding, as if "pushing" blows between the shoulder blades from top to bottom. Even if after that the baby seems completely healthy, you need to show it to a specialist to make sure that small pieces do not get into the bronchi and that the airways are not damaged.
8. Physiological cough - in children up to one year, the occurrence of a physiological cough in the morning is possible. Thus, his airways are cleared of accumulated mucus, and if there are no other symptoms disease, body temperature remains normal, the child is active and not cranky, then worry is not necessary.
Basics of treatment of dry coughTreatment of dry cough in children depends on the cause of the disease, but you can treat at home only viral infections and Bronchitis, after consultation with a pediatrician, in all other cases, treatment should be prescribed specialist.
We also recommend watching the video below the post, which describes the simple five ways to combat coughing at home.
- Local treatment - to reduce irritation of the mucous membrane, the patient is given a warm alkaline drink: milk with honey, tea, mineral water and so on. In addition, it is necessary to rinse the throat with solutions of antiseptics or decoctions of medicinal herbs. It is useful dry heat in the form of a compress on the throat and the use of rubbing - special ointments - Travisil, Dr. Mom or melted fat.
- Inhalations - facilitate breathing and dilute sputum, this method of treatment is considered one of the most effective. They can be carried out only at normal body temperature, until sputum separation begins. In severe cases, inhalations are carried out regularly, 8-10 times a day, including at night, with broths of herbs or special medicines. For children up to one year, warm water is used and inhalation is carried out within 3-5 minutes, for older children the inhalation time can be increased to 10-15 minutes.
- Expectorants - if, despite the treatment, a few days after the onset of the disease, sputum is not started, it is necessary to start taking cough syrup. For the treatment of children use a syrup based on licorice root, althea and essential oils. The synthetic preparations are very popular: syrup Ambobene, ATSTS, syrup Bromheksin and mukoregulyatory: Bronkatar, Mukodin and others. As a supplementary therapy appointed a variety of lozenges and tablets for absorption: Travesil, Strepsils, Angisept, Dr. Mom and others.
- Antibiotics - if a child has a bacterial infection, a purulent process or "high" body temperature, then it is necessary to start antibiotic therapy. Drugs should be used only for the intended purpose and under the supervision of the pediatrician, for the treatment of children, antibiotics of the penicillin series - ampicillin, amoxicillin, cephalosporins - cefazolinum, ceftriaxone or macrolides - sumamed.
- Antitussive drugs - are prescribed in severe cases, when the child has a strong paroxysmal cough, which is not amenable to therapy by conventional methods. Children appoint Tusuprex, Glavent or Sinekod.
An excellent adjuvant treatment is massage and physiotherapy.
Dry cough in a child - treatment
Child cough is one of the most common causes of parental anxiety. In this article, we'll talk about how to relieve the child a dry cough, what kind of help a child should have with a dry cough, and consider the most effective medications for a child from a dry cough.
How to cure a dry cough for a child and should it be treated?
Dry cough in children is not always a sign of illness. A healthy baby coughs on average 15-20 times a day. Cough is, in fact, a protective reaction of the body, a method of releasing the respiratory tract from foreign particles and bodies that prevent breathing normally. And hyper-caring mothers (and especially grandmothers) at the slightest manifestation of a cough in a baby are treated with his medicinal medicines and syrups, without digging up the reasons for the appearance of a cough. And since the most frequent guests in home medicine kits are expectorating syrups, then coughing is not disappears, and intensifies (since the main function of such aids is to help in the excretion of mucus, cough stimulation).
So, the first thing to remember yourself and explain to all relatives: not every cough is a sign of illness. Do not immediately rush to treat, first of all, you should establish the cause of the cough and only then determine the scheme and procedure for its elimination.
Cough is not necessary if:
- In addition to coughing, there are no other symptoms.
- The behavior and mood of the child is normal.
- The child has a normal sleep and appetite.
- Coughing does not prevent the baby from leading a normal lifestyle.
Treatment is required if:
- Cough paroxysmal, bothersome, very strong.
- The child can not sleep normally, wakes up at night from a cough.
- There are signs of an allergy.
- Coughing attacks provoke vomiting.
- Cough becomes stronger, seizures become more frequent.
- The baby is listless, complains of fatigue, feels bad.
- The child has a fever.
And the very first thing that parents should do is not look for a cough remedy for children themselves, but go to the pediatrician.
What is the cure for dry cough?
Treatment for a cough will depend on the cause that caused it. If this mechanical blockage (for example, something is stuck in the nasopharynx), then the treatment will reduce to the release of the respiratory tract from the foreign body. If the cause of the cough is an allergy, then first of all it will be treated (prescription of antihistamines and restriction of contact with the allergen are the most frequent measures). It is not excluded the development of cough as a symptom of infectious diseases (pertussis, false croup, parainfluenza, etc.)
Tablets, injections or cough syrups (dry or wet) should not be given to children without consulting a doctor. Similarly, it is impossible at your discretion to change the dosage, the regimen of admission or the duration of the course of treatment - this can not only reduce the effectiveness of therapy, but also harm the baby.
Non-medicamentous ways to relieve a child of a dry cough
To make it easier for a child to ease a fit of dry cough, you can give him:
- some buckwheat honey (natural). Of course, this method is contraindicated for those who have intolerance to honey;
- a glass of warm milk with soda (for 200 ml of milk about a fourth of a teaspoon of soda);
- a cup of warm tea with raspberry jam.
Inhalations with dry cough can help a child well and greatly alleviate his condition. For inhalation use alkaline mineral water or a weak aqueous solution of baking soda. Remember that you can not use boiling water for inhalation of children.
A good effect is the massage of the chest and feet.
If the dry cough in the child has changed to wet, the sputum began to expectorate, which means that the healing process has begun.
Strong cough in a child: treatment and reasons | How to cure a severe cough in children by folk methods
A strong cough appears when the receptors of the tracheobronchial tree are stimulated. It can be dry or wet, that is, with sputum discharge. Coughing in a child often increases during the night, when due to a long horizontal position, the mucus drips down the larynx and irritates it.
Causes of a strong child cough
Coughing in a child occurs with diseases of the upper respiratory tract, that is, the pharynx, larynx, trachea. If the inflammatory process affects the larynx, then the cough is coarse and muffled, with trachea inflammation (laryngitis) coughing "barking there is hoarseness of the voice.
If the child has a cold, then it can be coughing in the morning, because after a long stay in the horizontal position, mucus from the nose drains into the respiratory tract.
Cough can also be caused by too much overheated and dry air in the room, while you can either ventilate the room, or put on the night a basin of water in the middle of the nursery, lay out on the batteries wet towels or buy a humidifier air, all these funds will help the child to sleep better at night without attacks. cough.
A child with a strong dry cough should be given to drink as much warm liquid, milk or tea. To soften the throat, you can let him suck propolis, or sometimes give a spoonful of honey.
Various diseases as a cause of severe childhood cough
Such a cough in a child can develop for a number of reasons:
1. Bronchial asthma is accompanied by strong attacks of cough in the child, most often at night. Given that the muscles of the diaphragm are constantly straining, the patient may experience pain in the chest and in the abdomen. Cough can subside in half an hour-hour, then expectorated viscous sputum.
2. However, a child's coughing may not be infectious, and cough is a consequence of ingress of foreign bodies, such as particles of dust or crumbs, into the respiratory tract. It ends when the dirt is removed from the lungs.
3. Pertussis is accompanied in children by a strong, convulsive cough. First it manifests itself in the form of an ordinary cold, but it can not be treated with the usual means, for example, mustard plasters, inhalations, and is strengthened over time. Most often attacks come at night, can be accompanied by vomiting.
4. Sometimes severe attacks of dry cough in children can be observed with respiratory diseases of the respiratory tract, that is, the nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx. Diseases are accompanied by a dry "barking" cough. If the disease is properly treated, then cough recedes after 3 days, in the absence of treatment, complications such as bronchitis and pneumonia may appear.
5. Acute bronchitis in a child is accompanied by strong and frequent attacks of dry cough. The disease occurs as a result of inflammation of the bronchial mucosa, other symptoms, such as a runny nose, a sore throat, hoarseness, an increase in temperature, may also appear. First a dry cough develops, severe attacks are more often observed at night, after a few days passes into a wet cough.
6. When laryngitis in children cough appears first dry, then turns into wet, which is accompanied by the release of phlegm. Especially dangerous is laryngitis for young children, swelling of the mucous membrane can block the access of air to the larynx.
Features of treatment of children's strong cough
If a child has suddenly started an attack of dry cough, it is necessary to check that a foreign body has not got into his respiratory tract. At the same time there is wheezing, cyanosis of the skin. The actions of the parents must be rapid, otherwise the child may suffocate. A toddler with a strong dry cough should take the legs to put this way on the stomach, so that the head was lower than the trunk, and a little knock on the back. Foreign body should jump out with a cough.
Traditional medicine recommends giving the child with a strong cold cough medications that suppress the cough reflex and make the mucous surface of the throat less sensitive to the irritant.
How to cure a severe cough in children at home?
1. Start the humidifier in the cool mist mode in your child's room. Steam and moist air moisturizes the nasal mucosa, prevents pain in the throat and.
2. Give your child a cough of juice, water or other liquids to keep the mucous and prevent the accumulation of mucus. Fluids are easier to break down mucus and reduce cough. Remove excess mucus from the nose with a cotton swab.
3. Make sure that your child gets many opportunities for sleep and rest. Press and calm the baby when the cough violates his condition.
4. Remove potential allergens from the room, such as plants, animals and dust, to help relieve cough symptoms caused by allergies. Wipe dust regularly and install air filters in your home to minimize allergens for your newborn.
5. Talk to your pediatrician about prescription cough medicine if your child has a severe cough that does not go away with other types of treatment. Never give your child cough medicine without the doctor's consent.
Traditional methods of treatment of severe dry and wet cough
This article presents several effective recipes specifically for the treatment of childhood cough.
1. Carrot juice with honey. Cure a child can juice carrots with honey. It should be noted that it will be better if the carrot juice is freshly squeezed. Drink a tablespoon several times a day.
2. Lemon with honey. 1 lemon should be boiled in a saucepan until softened. This is necessary in order to squeeze out as much juice as possible from the lemon. Then the lemon is cut into 2 halves and then the juice should be squeezed out (speed and efficiency will be promoted by the juicer). Next, you need to pour the juice into a glass, add 2 tablespoons of glycerin, and, stirring thoroughly, add a glass of honey to make a glass filled to the top. With a weak or rare cough, the resulting syrup should be shaken before use and take 1 teaspoon 4-5 times during the day.
3. Milk with mineral water. Cure can be cured with plain milk. It is necessary to use warm milk with mineral water in proportion: (it is recommended to plant half a glass of milk and a half glass of mineral water). Instead of mineral water, honey (1 teaspoon of honey for a glass of hot milk) will do. If you do not have honey or mineral water on hand, you can add figs.
4. Honey with anise. For this recipe, you will mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 2 tablespoons of anise seeds, and then add a pinch of salt. All this pour 250 ml of water and bring to a boil, then drain. Adults take 2 tablespoons every 2 hours. The child is taken every 2 hours for one tablespoon.
5. Honey with butter. For this recipe, you need to mix 100 grams of flower honey, 100 grams of fresh butter, and vanillin powder in the proportion:. All should be well stirred. Take this mixture you need one teaspoon three times a day.
6. Figs also help when coughing a child. The fig must be boiled in milk with a consistency: 3 fetuses per glass of milk. The broth should be slightly warmed for the night before going to bed. Such a recipe is useful for asthma, both in children and adults. Also, with bronchial asthma in children, the infusion of fig leaves is good. It should be noted that the figs used for the first time with cough, whooping cough and colds in children.
7. A warm bath can help newborns. Adding eucalyptus, thyme or sage oil to a bath of water can create vapors that will make it easier to breathe and clear the airways. This remedy can also help the child feel more loving, more relaxed and sleepy.
8. Before going to bed, eucalyptus oil dissolve in water and gently rub into the baby's breast, this will help the baby breathe easier. Eucalyptus is also used to clean the nasal passages, reduce sputum and increase blood flow to the muscles.
9. Mix 1 tablespoon of butter, honey and 1 yolk of dietary egg. Blend well and give 1 teaspoon throughout the day.
10. If the cough is excruciating mainly in the mornings, a decoction of garlic and sugar syrup (or honey) helps with the addition of starch. This mixture should be given to the child immediately after sleep, repeatedly, but in small doses.
11. With a persistent debilitating cough, we recommend using the following recipe: in a raw radish, cut the indentation, fill it with honey and cover it with a piece of radish, 4 hours. Formed in the deepening mixture of honey and radish juice give 1 dessert spoon 3-4 times a day.
12. As an expectorant, you can use a decoction of the berries of the viburnum with honey. 1 cup of berries pour 1 liter of water, boil for 10 minutes, filter, add 3 tablespoons of honey and drink on a glass 3-4 times a day.
13. Finally, a fairly effective tool that is used for severe cough, bronchitis and even whooping cough:, kg of crushed onion, 5 tablespoons of honey and 2 cups of granulated sugar cook for 3 hours in 1 liter water. After cooling, take 4-6 tablespoons.
Foreign and local folk recipes for cough treatment in children
There are quite good and effective folk remedies for the treatment of a severe cough. Let's consider some of them:
1. The eastern way to cure cough.
In the East they have long known how to cure a strong cough. In one glass of milk, not more than five pieces of fig are steamed. Triturate the resulting mixture until a homogeneous mass is obtained. Take in warm form four times a half glass a day.
2. Brazilian way.
It is necessary to pass through a sieve a ripe banana. Then put in a small saucepan and add the soured hot water, boil, drink hot.
3. Ukrainian way to cure a strong cough.
With a strong chest cough, the breast is wiped with dry cloth. After that, rub until completely absorbed melted butter or pork interior fat, mixed with pine oil.
4. Sumerian way.
In this method, hot breast compresses based on water and decoction of dry licorice root are relevant. Our contemporaries have added to the recipe for a strong cough in the child yet ingredients. 20 grams of licorice root is mixed with twenty grams of chamomile color, add five grams of melissa, mint and herbs of gold-bearing. A teaspoon of the resulting mixture is poured with 150 g of boiling water. Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes. After cooling, filter through a sieve. Broth, drink warm one cup after eating.
How to cure a strong cough in a Russian way in a child?
1. The first way. The best way to treat a cough in the spring is with maple juice along with milk or birch sap. Such juices are best to drink not too cold, at room temperature.
2. The second way to treat a strong cough in a child. For a good expectoration, it is advised to take one tablespoon of a mixture of lingonberry syrup and honey every two hours. During this treatment, instead of tea, drink a decoction of strawberries.
Dry cough in children 2 years. Effective treatment of dry cough in a child
Dry cough in children 2 years old, as well as in older children, can incredibly wear out both the baby and his parents. Unlike wet, dry cough does not bring relief and is not able to rid the bronchi from accumulated mucus. Therefore, it is so important, after consulting a doctor, to begin treatment as soon as possible.
When there is a dry cough in children 2 years old, parents should, with the help of a doctor, exclude possible dangerous illnesses. Of course, most likely, the baby just picked up a banal ARD, but perhaps the child has a more serious illness:
- Whooping cough. A childhood infectious disease characterized by a strong, simply exhausting, dry cough. In this case, antitussive drugs are needed, which the doctor can appoint.
- Pneumonia. In this case, the baby is observed, in addition to cough, high fever. Disease is determined by listening to the lungs. You may also need x-rays. A small child is likely to be hospitalized. Still, the disease is serious and does not allow self-medication.
- Tuberculosis. In this case, the cough is not only dry, but also deaf, unproductive. Required treatment under the supervision of a doctor. In the future, long-term rehabilitation is needed.
- Laryngitis. It is an inflammation of the larynx. You can distinguish laryngitis by a characteristic barking cough. Hearing such sounds from the child, you should immediately call a doctor. The disease is dangerous because of the risk of severe swelling of the larynx and the inability to breathe normally.
In any case, when a strong and unproductive dry cough appears in the child, a pediatrician should be consulted. If the doctor, having listened to the lungs and examined the child, does not find serious reasons for concern, it will be possible to be treated at home.
Such a different cough
Cough can be different. Wet and dry have unequal manifestations. Consider their differences from each other:
- Unlike wet, dry cough does not clear, therefore, does not bring the desired effect of sputum separation.
- Dry cough appears immediately at the onset of the disease, only then it turns into a wet cough.
- With a dry cough, inflammation of the larynx or pharynx is observed. Wet cough is characterized by the formation of mucus in the bronchi.
- Drugs with a dry cough are aimed at suppressing the cough reflex, whereas when wet it is necessary to dilute sputum for better separation.
But in the treatment of children should not be addicted to a variety of syrups for expectoration. The fact is that the baby, due to age, can not yet productively cough. Syrups diluting sputum, strengthen its secretion, the child can not cough up increasing mucus, and it will begin to stagnate. This situation leads to chronic inflammation.
Dry cough. We search for the reason
The most common cause of dry cough in children 2 years old is viral infections. Coughing is not a disease, it's a symptom. Therefore, when it appears, you should find the cause and treat the underlying disease.
If the child is sluggish, he has a fever and a cough, then the baby has caught a viral infection. In this case, the doctor will prescribe drugs aimed at eliminating the symptoms of infection.
Only the doctor will be able to determine whether it is normal ORVI, more serious pertussis or pneumonia.
But it may very well be that dry cough in children 2 years old is not associated with viruses. If the child is vigorous, it does not have a temperature and the general condition has not changed, it may be an allergic cough. Pay attention to the environment of the baby and exclude possible allergens.
If you can not find and eliminate the cough causing the cough, you should contact a specialist and conduct tests for allergens.
Facilitate the state
When the doctor examined the baby and prescribed treatment, the parents are able to help the baby and alleviate his condition. After all, a dry cough does not clear, but only hurts a child, does not even let you sleep peacefully and gain strength.
Let the baby drink as much as possible. All systems in the body are interrelated. And if a person drinks a lot, then his blood dilutes, and, accordingly, the mucus also becomes less dense. Consequently, the child can begin to productively cough and withdraw the unnecessary of the bronchi.
When the baby suffers a dry cough, the air in the room should in no case be dry and warm. This only aggravates the situation. The air should be humidified, the room must be ventilated.
In the absence of temperature and the general normal state, the child must necessarily walk. Do not be afraid to go out again. The main thing is that there are no strong frosts or wind.
Humidification of the air, sufficient fluid intake and washing of children's noses can cure a dry cough without the use of various tablets and potions.
When it is necessary urgently to call the doctor
- The cough assumed a deaf, barking character.
- A sudden dry cough does not clear the throat and occurs with increasing attacks. Sensation of foreign matter in the larynx.
- Cough provoking vomiting.
- A growing dry cough that intensifies, regardless of air humidification and abundant drinking.
Only a doctor, after examining the child, will be able to make an accurate diagnosis and give recommendations for the elimination of unpleasant symptoms.
With a dry cough the baby can not sleep and play normally. He coughs and coughs neither day nor night. Therefore, in this case it should be suppressed.
Cough medicines are divided into two types. Some are aimed at diluting sputum and make it less dense. Cough intensifies, it becomes more productive. Accordingly, the mucus is better than the throat.
Once the medicine has done its job, i.e. the sputum became more liquid, and the cough was more productive, the medicine was canceled.
But for children up to two years of age, pediatricians do not recommend the appointment of various so loved by parents of syrups. The baby still does not know how to clear the throat, and the liquefied mucus begins to stagnate in the bronchi and lungs.
The second type of medication is aimed at suppressing the cough reflex and, consequently, cough recedes.
But antitussives, as well as syrups for liquefying sputum, should be prescribed only by a doctor.
Remember! The medicine does not cure a cough, as such. Syrups and tablets act on certain receptors. They either dilute sputum and increase the productivity of cough, or suppress cough centers.
Antitussive medications are usually prescribed in pediatric whooping cough and can be recommended with a debilitating dry cough caused by ARVI.
Physiotherapy to help the baby
It happens that, despite the implementation of all the recommendations, the disease does not recede. In this case, physiotherapy is recommended.
Warmings are carried out in the physiotherapy room. The necessary course and time will be appointed by the attending physician.
In addition, a child can recommend a massage. The fact is that the active kneading of the chest by a specialist leads to an expectorant effect. It is very useful for the parents of the home to hold a warming massage to the child, stretching the sternum and the back.
We are treated by popular methods
Since ancient times people have been looking for ways to get rid of all sorts of ailments with the help of improvised means. Mankind has accumulated a lot of experience and knowledge, used to get rid of cough in the home.
But before checking the folk methods on the child, it is advisable to consult a doctor. After all, many believe that the treatment of herbs harmlessly, but at the same time forget that these funds can cause great harm.
A lot of herbs are poisonous and just not recommended for use by young children. But if your mother uses, for example, milk to treat a cough, then it does not hurt.
Milk will come to the rescue
With a dry cough in children, for a long time already knowledgeable grandmothers offer such a remedy as milk with honey and butter. Due to availability this method remains relevant to this day.
Despite the apparent simplicity, such treatment gives its results. After the first cup, drunk before going to bed, the baby becomes lighter.
Milk with honey and butter can soften an irritated throat and reduce coughing attacks. The main thing is that the liquid is not too hot, otherwise it can only worsen the condition of the child. Very hot milk will irritate the inflamed mucosa and strengthen the cough.
It happens that children do not want to drink milk and butter. Do not insist that the child empties the whole cup. A couple of spoons are sufficient before going to bed. You can also offer the baby a spoon during the day.
But before giving the baby hot milk with honey, you need to be sure that the baby does not suffer from allergies, not the products of beekeeping. In any case, you can simply offer a cup of milk with a piece of butter. The latter will soften the irritated neck and help remove the dry cough.
Black radish as a storehouse of vitamins
About this root was known even by our great-grandmothers. They used it to treat small children. Black radish contains a lot of vitamin C, organic acids and mineral salts. Thanks to its essential oils, it has a sharp taste, reminiscent of onions.
With the help of juice from a radish treat a lot of diseases, such as ARVI, bronchitis. Very good juice helps, when the baby has a dry cough that does not clear his throat and gives no peace. Consider how it is recommended to use this tool.
Black radish from coughing
How to use such a useful root and treat dry cough in children? It's simple. It is enough to choose a mature vegetable without damage and cut off the tip.
Then cut out the groove in the radish and fill the resulting hole with honey. From above cover this place with a cut top and leave it in the fridge for 3 hours. During this time, honey extract is produced, which contains a lot of essential oils and vitamins.
After the specified time, remove the radish and give the child the resulting juice. In the hole again, pour the honey and put in the refrigerator. Once the juice ceases to form, you should take a new root. But usually one vegetable is enough.
Black radish with honey to children will not hurt. The only exception is the allergy to bee products. In this case, you can try to pour a weak sugar solution, which will pull the juice.
Radish from cough helps very effectively. Besides, babies usually like the sweetish taste of the proposed medicine, which looks so unusual. And many parents prefer natural methods of treatment instead of tablets and medicines.
Radish juice with honey is considered an excellent antitussive, besides it has a significant anti-inflammatory effect. Pediatricians recommend radish to prevent such serious diseases as bronchitis and whooping cough.
Method of application of radish
Take the juice kids should be three times a day for one teaspoon. It is better to give juice before eating.
Despite all the usefulness, black radish is not used as food. As an additive for salads, you can use it no more than 1-2 times a week. For the treatment of babies, radish juice is used no more than seven days in a row.
Cocoa butter with dry cough in babies
Everyone knows that children do not like to drink medicine and pills. Sometimes even a tasty and sweet medicine the child refuses to accept.
But many children love cocoa. And the oils contained in cocoa beans can reduce attacks of dry cough.
Those who do not particularly want to drink a cup of real cocoa, you can recommend buying cocoa butter in the pharmacy. It is absolutely harmless and is recommended for treatment of influenza, ARVI and withdrawal of their symptoms in both adults and children.
In the cocoa butter contains theobromine, struggling with bronchitis and asthma. And also in it is full of vitamins, such as C, E and A, which are intensively helping to overcome the disease.
To treat dry cough in children, you can add butter to warm milk. Drinking such a medicine is recommended often and gradually. One glass of milk is used for a glass of milk. If there is no allergy, you can add honey.
If, in addition to a child's cough, pains in the throat are excruciating, suggest that he dissolve oil as a candy, thus lubricating the inflamed places.
You can also add cocoa butter to badger oil for grinding. The aroma of chocolate will surely appeal to children.
Before using any folk remedy to treat a child, you should get a doctor's advice and take into account possible contraindications.