Adenovirus infection in a child and adult is a group of acute respiratory viral infections( ARVI), the pathogens of which are transmitted by airborne droplets. There are about a hundred varieties of viruses that cause ARI, so it is not possible to develop an unambiguous vaccination against them, since it is impossible to predict which virus a particular adult or child will fall ill with.
In adenoviral infections in children and adults, the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract and pharynx are affected. This includes influenza, parainfluenza, adenovirus, respiratory syncytial and rhinovirus infection. From the medical terms and definitions, as you may have guessed, it is a cold, flu, acute respiratory disease( ARI), a runny nose and the like. Means, that all known national means in house conditions to you necessarily will help or assist to treat and cure an adenoviral infection, both at the child, and at the adult.
Symptoms of adenovirus infection in children and adults
Adenovirus infections in a child and adult occur in various variations:as with the expressed symptomatology, and it is asymptomatic. The disease is characterized by a form of seasonal epidemic outbreaks, but also sporadic cases of the disease are common.
As we have said, the disease is transmitted by airborne droplets. Source: sick person. You can get infected in public transport, kindergarten, school, technical school, university, at work, in general - in places of congestion. The entrance gates are the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract and eye conjunctiva. Children often suffer from acute respiratory infections, especially those younger than four or five, usually in the fall and winter.
All the sick people complain of general malaise, loss of appetite, lethargy, muscle pain, pain when swallowing, a runny nose, coughing and tickling in the throat. An increase in body temperature in the first days after the onset of the disease may not be observed. It happens and vice versa, the rise in body temperature reaches 38-39 degrees and stay on these figures from three days to a whole week. The most severely tolerated adenovirus infection is children from six months to 2 years. They have a frequent complication associated with involvement in the pathological process of the lower respiratory tract( lungs and bronchi), sometimes with a fatal outcome. Adenovirus infection in children of primary school age proceeds according to the type of acute respiratory diseases( ARI).
Parents, be vigilant. Viral infections can be complicated by pneumonia, acute angina, with adenovirus infection, diarrhea( diarrhea) is often observed, which can be a leading sign of the disease.
Recommendations and advice on the treatment of adenoviral infections
Treatment of most patients, children and adults, adenovirus infection or influenza is carried out at home by medical and folk remedies. Hospitalized patients in cases where it is:
- children under 1 year;
- children with severe disease;
- when there are concomitant diseases, especially often exacerbated( chronic tonsillitis, chronic pneumonia( pneumonia), kidney disease and cardiovascular system);
- when there is no possibility to provide the child with home care and the necessary sanitary regime.
- for complications( pneumonia, damage to the nervous system, etc.);
- child with cereal( which barking cough is combined with suffocation);
When treating a house:
- when the temperature is normal, it is not recommended to leave the house( so as not to infect others and not to overcool the body and not pick up new varieties of ARVI viruses);
- recommended light meals: juices of all kinds, soup, broth, chowder, chicken.
- at elevated body temperature is necessary and strictly shown bed rest;
Treatment of ARI folk remedies at home
- The elder flowers of blend with the same number of linden flowers. Two tablespoons of the mixture brew a glass of boiling water, let it brew for 1 hour. Drink hot at one time for any cold.
- Older children - rinse the throat and nose of with saline solutions.
- Every two to three hours, take 1 teaspoon of onion juice with honey ( adults 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day).
- Limes of inflorescence mix with the same number of fruits of viburnum. Two tablespoons of the mixture pour two cups of boiling water, let it brew for 1 hour. Drink hot for 200 ml at night.
- With a beginning runny nose, lubricate the nasal mucosa with the juice of the flower Kalanchoe 3-4 times a day.
- Prepare such formulation-recipe : boiled water - 500 ml;manganese( up to pale pink color);iodine - 1-2 drops. Mix everything, dissolve and rinse your throat and nose 2-3 times a day.
- Tea or infusion with fruits cowberry, viburnum, strawberry - 3-4 times a day.
- Garlic for 2-3 teeth to eat inside daily with food! !!
- Rosehips infusion - by ⅓ cup 3-4 times a day.
Recommendations: how to cure SARS
For older children and adults, folk medicine advises washing your nose with warm water with the addition of a few drops of iodine.
You need to take care of warming your feet: hot water bottles, mustard compresses or mustard foot baths.
At elevated temperature - baths with a water temperature of 34-35 ° C lasting 5-10 minutes in the morning and in the evening or wet wraps.
If the child is depressed, feels bad, then you should give him tea with a small amount of milk.
In any conditions during treatment it is necessary to take into account the age and individual characteristics of the patient, the timing and severity of the disease, the properties of the pathogen.
Official medicine: how and what to cure adenovirus infection
Specific( ie, targeted action on the virus) treatment of adenoviral infections is carried out by gamma globulin containing antibodies against a number of respiratory viruses.
Now the time is developed immune gamma globulin, obtained from donors immunized against influenza and adenovirus infections. The drug is administered intramuscularly( or intranasally - to the nasal mucosa) in a dose of 2-5 ml.
From medicinal specialized antiviral medications recommend:
There is a child and adult anaferon. You can buy anaferon with a dosage for adults, break the tablet in half and give the baby under the tongue or the cheek for a prolonged resorption of the drug. Harm will not be, only benefit and saving the family budget. The longer you dissolve anaferon, the more effective the drug is. It is necessary at the beginning of the disease, according to the attached instructions for its use, every 30 minutes, put a tablet( or half of it) behind the cheek or under the tongue for further continuous slow resorption of the drug. So do 4 times, then before the end of this day still take three times anaferon at regular intervals in the same dose. In the following days, take this way three times a day. Course 5 days.
This drug stimulates the activity of phagocytic cells, which contributes to the death of the virus, although its effectiveness has not yet been proven. But pediatricians actively appoint him. The drug is relatively expensive, but cheaper Anaferon, according to our practical experience, is more effective!
A more potent preparation for combating Anaferon. It is worth it to buy( its price is about 300 rubles, one pack is enough for the course).It is taken 2 times a day - in the morning and in the evening one tablet. It helps a lot.
Blocks ionic tubules of a virus that loses its ability to penetrate the cell and release ribo-nucleoproteins. I want to say right away that the drug is used for a very long time and is less effective than the above medicines, because it works not with the cause of the disease, but with its consequences.
Produced in tablets and solution in ampoules. This is the most effective remedy for removing adenovirus infection. It is used according to the instructions for use by adults and children from the age of 4.Has a powerful immunomodulatory and antiviral effect. The urine is slightly dyed blue, do not panic.
This is a unique domestic preparation-probiotic, the powder is taken inside, the production of its own antiviral substances begins in the body, it is used as a universal medicine for many problems.
In medical practice, preparations such as oxolin ointment ( for lubricating the nasal mucosa) and Florenal and Interferon ( in the form of drops in the nose) are widely used in medical practice.
In each case, the doctor, in the dynamics of monitoring the patient, assesses the amount of therapy, chooses dosage forms, determines the dosage, the duration of the course of treatment, assesses the effectiveness of therapy.
What is the treatment for adenovirus conjunctivitis?
Actually conjunctivitis in adenoviral infections passes along with the underlying disease, if someone is topical, read below the recommendations of
Assign preparations of a common antiviral effect, such as: interferons or interferon inducers, in addition instillations are carried out 5-7 times a day in the first 7days of treatment and reduce the number of instillations up to 3 times a day in the second week. To exclude the attachment of secondary infection, it is advisable to use antibacterial drops for the eyes, as well as ointments.
Until complete clinical cure for adenoviral conjunctivitis, we recommend the use of antihistamines.
To prevent complications associated with the development of dry eye syndrome, use special substitutes for tears( otagel, vidisik).
In the ophthalmic practice of treating adenoviral infections of the eyes, such means are considered effective:
- Albucid is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent.
- Interferon is an antiviral and immunoactivating agent, available in the form of a powder from which it is necessary to prepare a solution.
- Half-dozed is an interferon-stimulant intended for the treatment of adenoviral conjunctivitis, keratoconjunctivitis and keratitis.
- Tebrofen - in the form of drops or ointments, an antiviral drug.
- Tobrex - drops of antimicrobial action, which can be prescribed from the first birthday.
- Floxal is an antimicrobial agent based on ofloxacin.
- Florenal - neutralizes viruses, mainly groups Herpessimplex.
Treatment of adenoviral conjunctivitis in children and adults is carried out exclusively under the supervision of the attending physician, because the incorrectly chosen drug can complicate the course of the disease. The prognosis of adenoviral conjunctivitis is positive: as a rule, the illness ends in complete recovery after a month.
With the development of dry eye syndrome, prolonged use of tear replacement is necessary.
Effective prophylaxis of adenovirus infection, as well as other SARS and influenza, is the purity of the hands, regular airing of the room, wet cleaning and bed rest. In the office of an ophthalmologist, it is necessary to thoroughly disinfect and sterilize the instruments( pipettes, eye sticks), cleaning using disinfectants.
Antiviral drugs - Dr. Komarovsky's school
Several times a year in every family, a child suffers from viral infections. And, of course, every parent has a desire to give the child an antiviral drug. Whether it is necessary to do it, whether there are effective medicines, whether it is possible to give antiviral agents prophylactically? Irina Pobedonostseva came to see Dr. Komarovsky to find out as much as possible about viral infections: what is their specificity, how to prevent them and how to treat them, how to help, and not to harm children with antiviral drugs.
Conjunctivitis - School of Doctor Komarovsky
Inflammation of the mucous membranes of the eye or conjunctivitis is a common problem. In our country, mothers are used to fighting it with the help of washing - chamomile, tea leaves, saline solution. .. In principle, says Dr. Komarovsky, everything is correct. However, there are several symptoms in which a doctor can not do without. So, write. ..
About infectious diseases - Dr. Komarovsky's school
In this program, Dr. Komarovsky will tell in detail about what infectious diseases are like, how microbes get into the human body, how it can be accurately determined that this microbe is to blame, andwhat will happen if the infectious disease is not treated. Guests of the program - TV presenter Olga Gerasimyuk with her granddaughter.
The recommendations in this article are based on official authoritative sources:
- Related Videos.
- Home medical encyclopedia. Ch. Ed. V. I. Pokrovsky. In one volume. Abortion - Foot and mouth disease.- Moscow: "Medicine", 1993. - 496 p.with ill. NGO "Medical Encyclopedia" 1993.
- Instruction on the use of the immunostimulator Cycloferon.
- NNegogov GN The People's Clinic. The best recipes of traditional medicine.- Moscow: Arnadia, 1998. - 352 p./ Medicine for all.
- Illegov GN Official and traditional medicine. The most detailed encyclopedia.- Moscow: Izd-vo Eksmo, 2012.