Pneumonia is an infectious disease that affects the lung tissue. The inflammatory process can affect the entire organ, and can only its individual part. Inflammation of the lungs always cause infectious sticks, which quickly multiply and weaken the immune system. The main cause of its occurrence is hypothermia of the body. As a rule, the disease manifests itself as an increased body temperature, a strong cough, with the release of purulent sputum, shortness of breath and weakness. Pneumonia is always treated with medications. At the first signs, the doctor prescribes antibiotics for pneumonia that effectively cope with the infection.
- Antibiotics for pneumonia and bronchitis
- Antibiotics for pneumonia in adults
- Antibiotics for pneumonia in children
- Modern antibiotic for pneumonia
- Combination of drugs for pneumonia
Symptoms of pneumonia in children Atypical pneumonia - what is it, symptoms and treatment Find out whether inflammation is contagious What are the signs of inflammation of the lungs in adults Inflammation: symptoms in adults and treatment
Antibiotics for pneumonia and bronchitis
Treatment of pneumonia is carried out in the department of therapy, and in the neglected case in intensive care. In addition to medication, the patient is prescribed a bed rest, plenty of drinking, and taking vitamins.
Pneumonia is caused by specific microorganisms that affect the respiratory system. To destroy them, you must enter strong antibiotics. High concentration of drugs, will quickly eliminate bacteria. As a rule, at the initial stage of the disease, drugs of extensive action are prescribed. Further, the patient is taken for analysis, to determine the infection and add the appropriate antibiotic.
For the treatment of pneumonia, as a rule, these groups of drugs are prescribed:
- macrolide (Azithromycin, Midekamycin, Spiramycin, Clarithromycin);
- fluoroquinolone preparations (levofloxacin, moxifloxacin, ciprofloxacin).
For quality therapy, antibiotics are taken according to a certain scheme. Initially, the drugs are injected, and then they are prescribed in tablets. Supplement the treatment with drugs that relieve inflammation and absorb seals, as well as vitamins.
Important!Treatment of pneumonia in the home is prohibited. Antibiotics are prescribed, to each patient individually, because they take into account the characteristics of the body and the infection that affects the lungs.
Antibiotics for pneumonia in adults
For an adult, people are treated with antibiotics, age-appropriate to the patient and bacteria that hit the body. From the beginning to the end of therapy, the patient is prescribed extensive medications, and then supplemented with the remaining antibiotics. Among the common drugs, doctors recommend the following:
- age to 60 years if the condition is stable. Assign Avelox 400 g per day or Tavalic 500 g, the medication is taken within 5 days. Supplement Doksitsinom therapy, drink 2 tablets for the first time day, then reduce the dose to 1 tablet. The course of treatment is not less than 10-14 days;
- age to 60 years, with a neglected form of inflammation. Enter Avelox 400 g and Ceftriaxone 1 g twice a day. Pricks put about two weeks;
- in the neglected case, regardless of age, a person is prescribed combined medicines. Combine Levoflaxocin or Tavanika intramuscularly, supplement the treatment with Ceftriazon (2 g). The scheme of therapy always includes the introduction of intramuscular Sumamed and Fortum;
- with a complicated form, when the patient enters the intensive care unit, he is prescribed intensive therapy. Experts recommend to inject drugs, combining them, with each other, so they can more actively act on the infection. The treatment regimen includes medicines, they have the names Summed and Tavanik, Fortum and Tavannik, Meronem and Targotsid, Summamed and Meronem.
At the first sign of pneumonia, it is important to consult a doctor. Timely treatment will restore health. If time was lost, then the ailment can provoke death.
Antibiotics for pneumonia in children
As soon as a child is diagnosed with inflammation, antibiotics are immediately given to him. Only these drugs can overcome the infection that struck the lungs. In addition, children with pneumonia immediately get to hospital treatment, where under strict supervision of doctors undergo their therapy.
At the initial stage of the disease, children are injected with effective antibiotics from the penicillin group. This group includes natural preparations (Phenoxymethylpenicillin, Benzylpenicillin) and synthetic drugs. The latter are divided into several groups, isoxazolylpenicillin (Oxalicin), aminopenicillin (Ampicillin, Amoxicilin), carboxypenicillin (Carbenicilin, Tikprclin) and ureidopenicillin (Azlocillin, Piperacillin). For children this treatment regimen is prescribed at early stages of infection. After that, therapy is supplemented with drugs that have a harmful effect on harmful bacteria.
Modern antibiotic for pneumonia
Medicine is constantly evolving, so new drugs and improved methods of treatment. For the treatment of pneumonia, high-quality antibiotics are required that effectively cope with mutating viruses. Pharmacists have developed medications that are prescribed for pneumonia. Below is a list of common new-generation antibiotics:
- Gram-prescribed coca is prescribed by Cefoxin, Cefazolin, Cefuroxime;
- Gram-negative infections are recommended by ceftazidime, cefotaxime, ceftriaxone;
- Atypical course of the disease is prescribed by Ceftazidime, Ceftriaxone;
- if enterococci and methicillin-resistant staphylococci are found to be prescribed by Meronem, Cefipin;
- polistozistye infections recommend Ceftriaacon, Cefotaxime, Aminoglycoside;
- fungal infections are prescribed Cephalosporin, Fluconazole;
- mycoplasma, Legionella prescribed Azithromycin, Roxithromycin, Clarithromycin;
- Anaerobic infection is recommended by Lincomycin, Metronidazole, Clindamycin;
- Penmyocystic inflammation is prescribed Macrolide, Cotrimoxosol;
- Cytomegalovirus pneumonia is prescribed for acyclovir, Ganciclovir, and cytotec.
All these antibiotics effectively cope with pneumonia. However, the best medicine for each patient is its own. Since all people are different and the infection that caused inflammation is also different. The treatment of pneumonia needs an individual approach, only so will a complete recovery.
Combination of drugs for pneumonia
The attending physician combines medicines and changes the therapy scheme, depending on the patient's well-being and the results of the examination. As a rule, doctors use one antibiotic, so the negative impact on internal organs decreases. To eliminate the pathogenic infection, one, correctly, selected preparation is sufficient. However, there are cases in which the combination of several drugs is simply necessary:
- severe form of the disease;
- multiple infections;
- repeated pneumonia;
- development of infection with reduced immunity;
- development of resistance to the antibiotic.
If a patient has one of the above complications, then he is prescribed a combined therapy regimen. It includes drugs that act on a variety of bacteria (Penicillin, Aminoglaside, Cephalosporin).
What antibiotics to take with pneumonia is decided only by a doctor. If you take a small dose, then addiction to the drug will develop, and if the rate is too high, it threatens the appearance of liver cirrhosis, dysbiosis, a violation of the kidneys. In addition, if you incorrectly combine medicines, they simply reduce the effectiveness of each other. At the first manifestations of pneumonia, it is important to seek medical help.