Hypothiazide is a modern drug from the group of diuretics, which performs diuretic and antihypertensive functions.
Its therapeutic effect is achieved by lowering the total amount of fluid in the vessels. Also, this remedy provides prevention of the appearance of stones in the urinary organs, prevents the appearance of edema and reduces intraocular pressure.
On this page you will find all information about Hypothiazide: the full instructions for use on this medication medium, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already applied Hypothiazide. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much does Hypothiazide? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of110 rubles..
Form of issue and composition
White or almost white round flat pills. On one side they have an "H" engraving, and on the other side a risk that it would be more convenient to divide.
- The active ingredient is hydrochlorothiazide 25 or 100 mg.
- Excipients - magnesium stearate, talc, gelatin, corn starch, lactose monohydrate.
"Hypothiazide" performs 2 functions: it removes excess fluid and promotes the escape of harmful sodium and chlorine from the body. Hydrochlorothiazide reduces the process of reverse absorption of sodium and chlorine ions in the renal tubules. The disadvantage of using is the removal of useful potassium ions, which leads to micronutrient deficiency.
The advantage of "Hypothiazide" is the absence of addiction to the active substance. As a result, the effect of using the medication does not decrease.
Indications for use
What helps? Increased pressure (hypertension) - usually not alone, but along with other drugs that are not diuretics. Edema caused by various causes: heart failure, acute glomerulonephritis, chronic renal failure, premenstrual syndrome in women, treatment with corticosteroids.
Hypothiazide reduces the excretion of calcium in the urine. Due to this, it helps to prevent the formation of certain types of stones in the genito-urinary tract.
The use of the drug "Hypothiazide" instruction prohibits:
- to children under the age of 3;
- in the lactation period;
- in the first trimester of pregnancy;
- with hepatic or hepatic insufficiency of severe degree;
- with diabetes mellitus;
- with Addison's disease;
- with refractory hyponatremia;
- when hypersensitivity to sulfonamides and components of the drug "Hypothiazid which can lead to an allergy;
- with anuria;
- with hypercalcemia.
Caution during therapy should be observed in patients with non-taking lactose, ischemia of the heart, gout, hypercalcemia, cirrhosis, hypokalemia, hyponatremia. Under medical supervision, elderly patients are taken medication, in the 2-3 trimester of pregnancy.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
Contraindicated use of the drug in the I trimester of pregnancy. In the second and third trimester of pregnancy, the use of the drug is possible only if the intended benefit to the mother exceeds the potential risk to the fetus.
Hydrochlorothiazide penetrates the placental barrier. There is a danger of fetal or neonatal jaundice, thrombocytopenia and other consequences.
The drug is excreted in breast milk. If you need to use the drug during lactation, you should decide whether to stop breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that the dose of Hypothiazide should be selected individually. With a constant medical control, a minimally effective dose is established. The drug should be taken orally after a meal.
- With the syndrome of premenstrual tension, the drug is prescribed in a dose of 25 mg / day and is used from the onset of symptoms before the onset of menstruation.
- With edematic syndrome of different genesis, the initial dose is 25-100 mg / day once or once every 2 days. Depending on the clinical response, the dose can be reduced to 25-50 mg / day once or once every 2 days. In some severe cases at the beginning of treatment, an increase in the dose of the drug to 200 mg / day may be required.
- With arterial hypertension, the initial dose is 25-50 mg / day once, in the form of monotherapy or in combination with other antihypertensive agents. Some patients have an initial dose of 12.5 mg (both in monotherapy and in combination). It is necessary to use the minimum effective dose, not exceeding 100 mg / day. When combining Hypothiazide with other antihypertensive drugs, it may be necessary to reduce the dose of another drug to prevent excessive blood pressure lowering. The hypotensive effect is manifested within 3-4 days, but it may take 3-4 weeks to achieve the optimal effect. After the end of therapy, the hypotensive effect persists for 1 week.
- In nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, the usual daily dose of the drug is 50-150 mg (in several steps).
In connection with the increased loss of potassium and magnesium ions during the treatment (potassium level in the serum may be .0 mmol / l), there is a need for the replacement of potassium and magnesium.
Diuretic "Hypothiazide" has a number of adverse reactions to the body. They manifest themselves with uncontrolled reception of a medicine or with existing prohibitions for use.
Patients often complain about:
- stool disorders;
- impaired renal and hepatic function;
- a sharp drop in blood pressure on the vessels;
- potassium deficiency in the blood;
- fatigue, clouding of consciousness;
- malfunctions in the heart;
- a feeling of nausea;
- hives and itchy skin.
The clinical picture of overdose is manifested due to a sharp loss of electrolytes and fluid, which is manifested by the following symptoms
- confusion of consciousness;
- a drop in blood pressure;
- spasms in the calf muscles;
- pronounced weakness, apathy;
- an increase in the concentration of urea nitrogen (more pronounced in patients with renal system pathology);
- anuria (as a result of hemoconcentration).
When developing symptoms of drug overdose, the patient should urgently consult a doctor. There is no specific antidote. Treatment consists in washing the stomach, inserting enterosorbents into the interior and performing symptomatic therapy.
Regularly take blood tests for sodium, glucose, creatinine and other parameters that the doctor deems important. If the results of your tests worsen, discuss with a doctor the replacement of Hypothiazide tablets, for example, with Indapamide. Eat green vegetables and drink herbal tea to saturate the body with potassium.
After starting to take the medicine Hypothiazide, within 2-7 days, refrain from transport management and dangerous mechanisms. You can drive again when you are sure that you are well tolerated, there is no fatigue, no fatigue.
- With the simultaneous use of this diuretic with corticosteroid drugs, the degree of excretion of potassium increases.
- Simultaneous use of Hypothiazide with lithium salts can increase its toxicity and reduce renal clearance.
- Combination of the above preparation with cardiac glycosides can provoke hypomagnesemia and hypokalemia.
- Hypothiazide in combination with Amiodarone increases the likelihood of arrhythmias that are associated with hypokalemia.
- The combination of a diuretic with oral hypoglycemic drugs leads to the development of hyperkalemia and a decrease in the effectiveness of the latter.
- It is not recommended to take the drug simultaneously with Kolestyramin, since the combination of these drugs leads to a decrease in the absorption of hydrochlorothiazide.
We picked up some feedback from people about the drug Hypothiazide:
- Oksana. As they began to drink these pills, so immediately on the first day almost all the pobochki climbed up (Headache, constipation, fatigue, legs numb. The doctor said to lower the dose. The pads passed, but the pressure increased. As a result, I switched to other tablets. Apparently, these simply did not suit me.
- Irina. Good diuretic. Appointment is rare, because it is cheap and there is no interest of doctors. But all these imported medicines from the pressure will not equal the hypothiazide for the diuretic effect and the total decrease in pressure.
- Dinara. Hypothiazide pills were prescribed by the therapist against high blood pressure and an overabundance of fluid. I take a month while I'm happy with the effect. Let's see how it will behave further. If everything goes well, I'll take it regularly.
- Eugene. After 40, there were problems with kidneys - urolithiasis, who, especially from men, passed this "hell" will understand me. The pains were terrible, especially when the stone starts to leave the kidney along the ureter into the bladder, a feeling that you participated in a group beating as a victim. Advised hypothiazide, as a diuretic, and not from the most expensive, at first skeptical, but the result was positive. Nothing that had to sit for several hours under the toilet, the main thing that the stone passed. As for the side effects, I honestly say - I just did not pay attention to such pains.
Some women use tablets "Hypothiazid" when losing weight. The doctors' comments indicate the inappropriate use of such a drug. The body weight decreases due to the removal of fluid from the body, gradually the weight returns. Such treatment has no effect on fat stores, and can also damage as a result of dehydration and loss of essential substances.
In the pharmacy chain, a number of structural analogs (synonyms) of Hypothiazide, containing the same active substance, can be found on sale:
- Hydrochlorothiazide (Table);
- Hydrochlorothiazide-Vertex (caps.);
- Dichlorothiazide (Table);
- Apo-triazide (Table);
- Hydrochlorothiazide (Table);
- Hydrochlorothiazide-ATS (Table).
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of reach of children, protected from light at a temperature of no higher than 25 ° C. Shelf life - 5 years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.