How can pregnant women be treated for a cold?
Recipes of traditional medicine
They concern the impact on different organs, but generally contribute to improvement and recovery.
A sore throat
Rinsing with salt water (1 h. spoon of salt on a glass of water). Water should be warm, but not hot.
Rinsing with baking soda solution (1 h. spoon on a glass of warm water, you can add 2-3 drops of iodine solution) - this solution has a harmful effect on viruses, helps fight inflammation.
You can gargle with herbal decoctions: sage, chamomile, St. John's wort, eucalyptus.
These herbs have an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic effect. They can be used separately, and can be combined. For example, you can brew chamomile and leaves of mother-and-stepmother - this tool also has an expectorant effect when coughing. The only contraindication of these herbs is hypersensitivity, individual intolerance.
Gargle should be at least 3-4 times a day.
From safe for future mothers medicines can be called HEKSORAL (aerosol, which Has antiseptic effect, suitable for fighting inflammatory diseases of the cavity pharynx. Basic dosage: apply 2 times a day, a single dose is administered within 1-2 s. Contraindications - individual hypersensitivity to the components of the drug).
Also an aerosol of INGALIPT (contains glycerol, peppermint oil, sulfanilamide, eucalyptus oil and other constituents) is quite effective. It has an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect. Contraindication - Hypersensitivity to essential oils.
Steam inhalation: Cook potatoes in a uniform (5-6 small potatoes per 1 liter pot of water), add a pinch eucalyptus leaves, hold on for another 2-3 minutes, then put the pan on the table, cover with a towel and sit 5-7 minutes). Directly before the procedure, you can add 1 drop of fir oil.
As an antitussive and expectorant:
tea from leaves of mother-and-stepmother, leaves of plantain and black currant;
Onion syrup: Wash medium sized bulb (in husk), pour the water level with the onion and add 50 g of sugar. Cook over low heat for 30-40 minutes, allow to cool, then strain and drink for 1 hour. spoon 4-5 times a day, preferably 20-30 minutes before meals).
tea from linden flowers;
tea made from dried raspberries;
decoction of dry apples (to 1 liter of boiling water add half a glass of dried apples);
rubbed with honey cranberries (take 2 tablespoons of cranberries, mash, wipe through a strainer, add one teaspoon of honey and pour 2-3 tablespoons of very hot water (60-70 ° C). Stir, cool slightly and drink in small sips);
juice of beets or carrots (one quarter of the juice of white cabbage can be added to it).
Washing of the nose with solutions and tinctures:
Iodine-salt solution (pour half a cup of warm water, add a few drops of iodine and salt on the tip of a teaspoon. Bury in a nose on 2-3 drops, serially in each nostril. This washing is good 3-4 times a day).
Herbal collection (take the rose hips - 1 part, a sheet of peppermint - 3 parts, grass turns - 2 parts. 2 tbsp. Spoon the collection with boiling water (1 cup), insist in the thermos for 2-3 hours, filter through gauze, add 1-2 drops of fir oil before washing. Rinse the nose 2-3 times a day).
For instillation in the nose:
aloe juice diluted with water in the ratio:.
Medicines safe for pregnant women:
AQUAMARIS (sea water) - a sterile solution of sea water - moisturizes the mucous membrane, relieves inflammation.
PINOSOL - contains mint oils, pines, eucalyptus oil, vitamin E, other components, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory effect.
NAZIVIN - due to spasm of the vessels of the nasal mucosa reduces inflammation.
not necessary! folk remedies be treated!
You can take medicines!
only on the instructions of a doctor,
t. she knows what is safe for your child
To be treated for a cold of a pregnant woman should be very circumspect, so as not to harm the child!
Ideally, the future mother would not be sick at all, but to avoid colds and flu in the cold season rarely succeed. Even if you minimize contact with the outside world, viruses can bring a family member to the house who has become part of the family.
Furthermore! Sometimes they attack us from the inside without any external infection, as they doze in the genetic apparatus of cells, waiting for a favorable moment to express themselves. Pregnancy is just a number of such conditions.
The protective system of the female body, for physiological reasons, is in a state of forced oppression - immunosuppression. This is a guarantee that the mechanism of protecting the internal environment from all alien will not work against the life that has arisen. Complete tissue compatibility is possible only between two clones or identical twins, but not between the future mommy and her baby!
However, the same immunosuppression, which inhibits rejection reactions and promotes the preservation of pregnancy, makes a woman extremely susceptible to seasonal infections. If you picked up one of them, act wisely, so as not to harm the child!
Pregnancy: treatment of colds
No chemistry during pregnancy can not be taken (and the vast majority of drugs from pharmacies are powerless against viruses), but also it is necessary to approach phytotherapy with caution: weeds are sometimes more powerful medicines!
Under the ban, drugs containing alcohol (even in small amounts, it is harmful to the fetus! ), especially tinctures of immunostimulants - licorice, echinacea, magnolia vinegar, zamanichi, levzei, ginseng, rhodiola rose... They increase blood pressure and increase the pulse, increasing the stress on the intently working heart of the future mother and the vascular system the kid.
His tiny heart is beating in a furious rhythm, making more than 200 beats per minute. To accelerate this rate means to wear out the forming cardiac muscle and lay the foundation of cardiac diseases.
Tip: use an immunostimulant that does not give unwanted effects. This is a horse-radish, which has been used for a long time from a cold during pregnancy with folk medicine. Rub its root on a fine grater, mix with the same amount of sugar, leave in a warm place for 12 hours, strain and take 1 tbsp. l. every hour in the acute period of the common cold.
Pregnancy and runny nose
Vasoconstrictive drops during pregnancy
Preparations such as galazolin and naphthyzin apply only at the peak of the common cold, strictly observing the dosage (1-2 drops, and not a quarter of the bottle at a time! ) and periodicity, which depends on the variety of the active substance. Some drugs are used 1-2 times a day, others - 4-5 times: carefully read the instructions!
The less you use such drops, the better. Why?
1.Sossudosuzhivayuschee action can spread to the arteries of the placenta, violating the blood supply to the fetus, if you drip the medicine too often, long or a lot. Some part of it is absorbed through the nasopharyngeal mucosa, and the other flows into the esophagus and enters the blood from the digestive system.
2. Such drops have the unpleasant property of causing spasm not only of the leading but also of the draining vessels, strengthening the swelling of the nasal mucosa. The action begins to manifest from the 3-5th day of the disease, forming a dependence on the drug. Bottled - and it became easier to breathe, and an hour later the nose was laid
it's only through the doctor! just do not drink it, even if you are advised!
yes exactly or children's priporatami
In general, you should appoint a doctor, because only the doctor knows the results of your tests. Just some healthcare can do harm, and some help you on the contrary. I, for example, prescribed syrup and tablets, and my girlfriend only injections. Talk to the doctor. What he will say and do.
Only do not drink aspirin - inhibits labor.
be careful not to take self-medication, but also check the medicines prescribed by the doctor, carefully read the instructions, be healthy and do not get sick!
N @ [email protected] LYA
Can. From cold, ocilococcinum (very effective and quickly helps). From the common aquamaris. You can also use biopox (spatter), and in the throat and nose. Itself was treated!
Medication is not advisable.
It is possible Otsilokoktsinum, high temperature to knock down half of Paracetamol from a heartburn and a nausea it is possible Smektu and Renni, children's Otrivin from a rhinitis and more liquid to drink (better kompotik)
yes you can Aflubin, from the throat Sinuprat or Lisobakt, from the heat of paracetamol or children's Nurofen, from the rhinitis Nasoferon. Otrivin or Salin))
What medicine to drink for a cold to pregnant women
Because of the weakened immunity during pregnancy, women are often exposed to colds, ARI and other viral diseases. But most of the drugs at this time is strictly prohibited, so it is very useful for future mothers to know with what safe for the baby the drugs can withstand the diseases.
- At a high temperature, women in the position are contraindicated in such drugs as & gt> and other complex preparations, for example, & gt & gt;>. They contain flavors and preservatives that can cause an allergy in a child. In addition, such drugs often have aspirin, caffeine and phenyramine maleate. In general, at a temperature below 38 degrees, do not take antipyretic drugs, t. heat is a protective reaction of the body from various viruses and infections.
- If the body temperature is above 38, then it can be assumed & gt & gt & gt; they have antipyretic and analgesic effect. Their reception is allowed at any term of pregnancy in small courses up to 3 days. Subject to observance of the admissible norm of taking the medicine, no harmful effect on the child was detected. At one time, a maximum of two tablets can be taken, there should not be more than three tablets per day.
- Rhinitis is an unpleasant companion of colds, but it's also not worth it to relieve your condition with vasoconstrictive nasal drops. These include & gt & gt & gt> and others. All due to the fact that during pregnancy they are much more quickly addictive, which often leads to an overdose. At high doses, these drops adversely affect the child's heart, which can cause disturbances in the baby's heart activity in the future. The best effect in treating a runny nose is to rinse the nose with salt water, in the proportion of a half teaspoon of salt per 200 ml of warm water. Procedures should be conducted at least 4 times a day. If the nose is heavily clogged and washing is not possible, a good result will be the use of sprays with a strong salt solution such as & g; whether>.
- When you have a cough, it's better to see a doctor right away. it can be caused by a variety of reasons. First of all, for prevention and at the first signs of the appearance of a cough, one must adhere to the regime: try not to breathe a cold air, do not eat cold foods and drinks, do not walk barefoot, do not strain your vocal cords and drink more warm liquid. In most cases this is enough to ease your condition, in the absence of temperature you can use mustard plasters or pepper patches for the night. Steam inhalations with tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil are also effective.
- If you can not do without medicines, then you can apply syrup & gt> and> (>). The first of them does not contain dyes and harmful impurities, it is allowed for treatment during pregnancy and lactation, but long-term use is not recommended. > It can be used after the 12th week of pregnancy. > promotes liquefaction of sputum, its use is permissible at any time, during intake it is recommended to consume as much fluid as possible.
- Sore throat can cause both a viral infection and bacteria. It can be a pharyngitis, a tonsillitis, a tonsillitis, in any case for the exact diagnosis it is necessary to address to the doctor. Many drugs are prohibited for women in the situation. These include all sprays, which include alcohol - this, for example,> or>. Tincture of marigold or propolis can also not be used for gargling.
- > - this safe drug, not sucked into the blood, well renders with pharyngitis and sore throat. It is used as a rinse solution without dilution. > is a clear rinse solution, is not absorbed into the blood and does not penetrate the placenta. It is used for pharyngitis and angina. Also does not need breeding. With severe angina, you can lubricate the tonsils with a solution & gt; in its composition iodine, potassium iodide and glycerin, which are not forbidden to use during pregnancy.
- Lozenges from a pain in a throat are forbidden to pregnant women. The only exceptions are just two drugs based on the enzyme lysozyme, such as> and> gt capable of curing even severe angina. They can be used 2 times a maximum of 4 times a day.
Treatment of colds in pregnant women with medicinesMost pregnant women in every way try to avoid the occurrence of colds, observing preventive measures. But, unfortunately, it is possible to protect your body from the penetration of a viral infection not always.Treatment of the disease should be carried out immediately after the discovery of the first symptoms of a cold.In this case, you need to visit a therapist who will prescribe safe medications for colds during pregnancy. If a cold has overcome a woman at the beginning of pregnancy, you need to take extra care, because during this period the child's body is just beginning to form and the wrongly chosen remedy can lead to irreversible consequences.
What preparations to choose?
According to experts, the safest, but at the same time no less effective means for a cold for pregnant women are those that were made on the basis of natural components. You can choose a drug only for the prescription of your doctor, giving up self-treatment. To treat each of the symptoms of colds - a cold, cough, sore throat, temperature, special medications should be used.
When treating a cold during pregnancy, you can not soar your legs, as this can threaten the interruption of pregnancy.
Antipyretic drugsIn the treatment of colds in pregnancy to reduce temperature, analgin, aspirin, and also complex preparations such as Coldrex, Verfeks, Antigrippin are contraindicated. In such medicines, in addition to dyes and harmful food additives, there are aspirin, caffeine and phenyramine maleate, which, if ingested, can cause serious complications.
With a cold, a woman can confidently take paracetamol in the form of such drugs as Panadol or Efferalgan, this active substance exerts an antipyretic and analgesic effect on the body. Paracetamol has the ability to penetrate the placenta into the baby's body, but it does not have a harmful effect on it.
Cures for the coldVery often, women do not know what exactly to treat a pregnant woman with a cold, when a strong cold or nasal congestion, which causes a bad condition, is disturbed. A woman who is troubled by a runny nose, complains of a difficult nasal breathing, restless sleep, general weakness, headaches. In addition, that the runny nose causes a poor state of health for the expectant mother, it is a great danger for child, because with bad nasal breathing or breathing through the mouth, the intake of insufficient oxygen through placenta. The duration of such a process can cause such a serious consequence as oxygen starvation, which in time can lead to intrauterine hypoxia of the fetus. That is why it is important to take timely measures to release the nose from accumulated mucus, as well as aimed at eliminating the very symptom of the common cold.
A woman expecting the birth of a child should understand that it is strictly forbidden to tolerate the rhinitis, it is better to choose an effective drug, the use of which is permitted during pregnancy. However, it is forbidden to drip into the nose vasoconstrictive drops.Among the banned drugs are:
Each time before you drip your nose, you need to wash it with saline or decoctions of herbs such as chamomile, calendula, eucalyptus, to eliminate excess mucus that failed to blow out. In addition, such actions allow the removal of pathogenic microorganisms, which are the cause of the formation of the inflammatory process. You can safely apply drops with nasal congestion, made on the basis of sea water or extracts of medicinal plants. To the number of authorized drops and sprays in the nose, experts include such drugs against colds for pregnant women:
All of them are not medicinal preparations, but only allow to moisten the mucous membrane and release the nasopharynx from mucus and microbes.Effective is a drug such as Pinosol, which includes antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory essential oils. However, it can be used as a medicine for a cold during pregnancy only after appointment by a specialist or approval from him. Usually, when using such oil droplets, there is no deterioration of the mucosa, on the contrary, it begins to recover quickly. It is recommended to treat the common cold with the help of safe homeopathic medicines Euforbium compositum or EDAS-131.
Do not underestimate some traditional medicine that has a powerful curative effect. To this end, a pregnant woman can prepare drops herself, using aloe and calanchoe juice together or separately. The juice should only be used fresh, diluting it with water 1: 1.
Preparations for cough
Choose a remedy for colds during pregnancy, when the disease is accompanied by a cough, is not so difficult, because there are many effective drugs safe even for the child.First of all, treatment should start with the use of steam inhalations, for which you can use essential oils of tea tree and eucalyptus.
Despite the fact that during pregnancy, both oils are considered useful, during breastfeeding from the inhalation of essential oils of tea tree and eucalyptus it is better to refuse.
For the procedure, you need to pour 150 ml of warm water into the medicine tank and drop 2-3 drops of oil there. Breathe through the mouth for no more than 7 minutes, otherwise the procedure will not benefit the future mother, but harm.
From a cough you can take such syrups and pills against colds during pregnancy:
- Coldrex is a syrup that contains guaifenesin, safe for the baby and the mother. It does not contain dyes and other harmful additives. However, if the cough does not go away when it is used, you need to see a doctor for another medication. Also it is necessary to exclude its independent application.
- Lazolvan - tablets, syrup, solution, are allowed to use, starting from the 12th week of pregnancy.
- ATSTS - a preparation that dilutes sputum, the active ingredient of which is fluimitsil. He is appointed at all terms of pregnancy, but treatment should be carried out strictly under the supervision of a specialist. During the intake of the drug, you need to drink more liquid, which contributes to the dilution of phlegm.
- Mukaltin - tablets against colds for pregnant women, are made on the basis of the extract of the altea root. Belong to expectorants, they are prescribed for the treatment of dry cough.
- Ambroxol - a drug based on medicinal plants, is allowed to use only the second and third trimester of pregnancy under the supervision of a specialist.
Antibiotics in the treatment of colds are ineffective, as they are aimed at the destruction of microbes, while viruses continue to rapidly multiply. Moreover, these are very dangerous preparations for the child's organism. The only thing when one can not do without an antibiotic is the development of angina or pneumonia, but the drug itself and the course of treatment should be prescribed only by a specialist.
What to use for sore throat?
In pregnancy, only a small amount of drugs for sore throat are allowed to use. It is strictly forbidden to use medicines based on alcohol - sprays and tinctures. Absolutely safe are such sprays, tablets and solutions for rinsing the sore throat in a pregnant woman:
- Chlorhexidine - a solution of 0, 1%, has a slightly bitter taste, does not have the property of being absorbed into the blood, so the drug does not enter the baby's body. The drug is effective in pharyngitis and angina, it is used as a solution for rinsing the throat in undiluted form. The agent has one important drawback - after it for a while on the teeth remains a dark raid.
- Miramistin - a solution for rinsing the throat, is sold as a spray. It is prescribed for pregnant women in the treatment of pharyngitis and sore throat, it is not absorbed into the blood, so it does not reach the baby. Use the product in undiluted form.
- Lugol's solution - a drug that includes iodine, glycerol and potassium iodine, is prescribed to lubricate the inflamed tonsils with severe angina.
Lollipops, which are so often used in the treatment of colds when the throat is affected, are practically not prescribed to pregnant women, since they are either ineffective or contraindicated in pregnancy. The only exception concerns two preparations made on the basis of the natural component of lysozyme. To this group belong lollipops for the throat of Lizobakt and Laripront. These drugs against colds for pregnant women will help cure not only pharyngitis, but also neglected sore throat. A cold for a pregnant woman and her child with proper treatment does not pose a serious danger, the main thing is to choose the right medicine and adhere to all the recommendations of the treating doctor.
Medications for pregnant women for colds: a list of drugs, reviews, recommendations
Medications for pregnant women for colds are allocated in a separate subgroup. After all, only these medicines are checked and reliably safe. It is worth noting that some of them are allowed only on certain dates. This article will tell you about what medicines can be pregnant with a cold. You will learn about the peculiarities of using these or other means. Also worth mentioning about the recalls of expectant mothers in the correction of this condition.
Colds in Pregnant Women
In the period of expectation of the child, every woman tries to protect herself from all sorts of diseases. After all, some pathologies can adversely affect the development of future crumbs. However, it is not always possible to avoid a cold.
When fertilization occurs, depression of the immune defense of the woman's organism begins. This is necessary for the correct and normal course of pregnancy. Otherwise the fetal egg can be perceived as an alien body. It is because of the decrease in immunity that infection occurs with some colds. Is it worthwhile to intervene in this process?
Colds in pregnant women should necessarily be cured. What drugs can be taken while doing this - you will learn further. Many future mothers also resort to the use of folk medicine recipes. In most cases, this disease is accompanied by fever, chills, runny nose, cough and sore throat. Consider what preparations you can get pregnant with a cold.
Increase immunity and fight viruses
Medications for pregnant women for colds can have an antiviral effect. But at the same time they increase their own immunity. The drugs that provoke the production of interferon are very popular. It should be noted that this substance is produced independently by the organism of a sick person. That is why it is not capable of harming the future mother and her future child.
Drugs of this type include "Interferon leukocyte "Anaferon "Ergoferon" and so on. Separately it is necessary to allocate a medicine "Viferon". Pregnant for colds, it is injected rectally. This method of use allows you to avoid getting the active substance into the blood. It is worth noting that not all antiviral and immunomodulating compounds that produce interferon are allowed to use at different terms of pregnancy. Such drugs as "Lycopid" and "Isoprinosin can be used only in the third and second trimesters.
In some situations, it may be necessary to take medications for pregnant women against colds that are capable of eliminating bacterial contamination. Before they are used, doctors recommend to perform bacteriological culture. This analysis allows to locate microbes and to reveal their sensitivity to these or other preparations.
Among the antibiotics that are allowed during the waiting period of the child, you can note "Amoxiclav "Flemoxin "Augmentin "EcoBall" and so on. The active substance of all the listed drugs is amoxicillin. He is allowed to use in the second and third periods of pregnancy. In the first third of the term, the drug is contraindicated, since it can harm the developing organism. In especially difficult situations, doctors can recommend other antibacterial compounds.
Eliminate sore throat
If a pregnant woman becomes ill with a cold, then the main comorbid symptom becomes pain and a sore throat. Eliminate this problem will help resolve the medication during this period. These include the drug Miramistin, Chlorhexidine, Tantum Verde. These medications are available as a spray. You just need to spray the medicine into the larynx. The described agents have an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect. The drug "Tantum Verde" is also recognized as an anesthetic. It reduces the severity of pain and eliminates itching.
Another licensed medicine is Lizobakt. This drug needs to dissolve slowly in the mouth. It acts locally and has a bacteriostatic, analgesic and soothing effect.
Fighting the cold
What other medicines are available for pregnant women from colds? If the pathology is accompanied by a plentiful separation of mucus from the nose, then it is worth using drops. They are subdivided according to their effect on vasoconstrictive, antiviral, antibacterial. Before applying the drug, it is recommended to wash the nasal passages. This can be done with the help of such compounds as "Aquamaris "Dolphin "Akvalor" and so on. If necessary, you can use regular saline solution. A few minutes after the manipulation is allowed to use drugs.
To combat viral diseases, use the medication "Gripferon "Derinat" or "Nasoferon". If it is a bacterial lesion, then it is permissible to use preparations of Polidex or Isofra. With nasal congestion, doctors sometimes allow the use of "Nazivin" or "Vibrocil" drops. However, the dosage of the vasoconstrictor should be infant formula. In some cases, with prolonged runny nose, physicians prescribe warming up.
What should I do if the temperature rises?
What to drink to a pregnant woman with a cold if she has a fever? Many doctors do not advise to bring down the temperature to a mark on the thermometer at 3, degrees. It is in this state that the body can most effectively cope with the infection itself. However, this statement does not apply to pregnant women. Future mothers should closely monitor their temperature. When the scale on the thermometer crawled to a value of 3, you need to think about antipyretic drugs.
The safest remedy that can remove a fever is paracetamol. With this active substance are produced preparations "Cefekon "Panadol" and many others. It is necessary to pay attention to additional components. The less you discover them, the safer the medicine. In the second trimester of pregnancy, the use of the drug "Ibuprofen" is allowed. The described drugs not only reduce body temperature, but also contribute to the elimination of pain syndrome. As a result, the future mother feels much better. Doctors do not recommend abusing described medicines.
Cough during pregnancy is a dangerous enemy
What other medicines can be pregnant with a cold? If the future mother is faced with a cough, it can be very bad for her condition. During contractions of the bronchi, there is an involuntary tone of the uterus. This can lead to a threat of miscarriage or premature birth. That's why you need to start fighting this symptom as soon as possible. To begin with it is necessary to determine the nature of the cough. It can be wet or dry, productive or paroxysmal.
The best cough remedy is inhalation. You can carry out the procedure with some medicinal compounds or ordinary mineral water. What else can I do? What medicines can be pregnant with a cold, which is accompanied by a strong cough? Effective drugs include "Ambrobene "Lazolvan "ATSTS" and others. Sometimes doctors appoint a medication called Coldrex Broncho.
What to drink pregnant with a cold? Many future mothers adhere to traditional medicine. They are sure that natural compounds can not harm the future child. However, special care must be taken in this treatment. Here are some effective folk remedies for fighting colds:
- Warm milk. This remedy perfectly eliminates cough. The effect will increase if you add a piece of butter to the white liquid. After using the composition, instantaneous softening of the tonsils and larynx occurs.
- Tea with raspberries. This recipe belongs to the category of antipyretic. It is used both in warm and hot form. It is worth noting, the danger of this remedy is that raspberry helps to increase the uterine tone. Large doses can lead to the threat of premature birth.
- Lemon and parsley. In the treatment of colds can not do without vitamin C. This substance helps to increase the immune defense. Also vitamin C can slightly reduce the temperature. Lemon and parsley contain a large amount of the described substance.
- Onion and garlic. These funds are recognized as natural antibiotics. Very effectively they can fight with the common cold. To make drops, squeeze the onion and garlic juice, and add a teaspoon of olive oil.
Reviews on the treatment of colds during pregnancy
Many future mothers are ill with colds. Reviews of pregnant women report that if you start treatment in time, then you can cope with the pathology with a minimal amount of medication. Sometimes enough traditional folk recipes. When the condition is already started, the ailment can cause complications.
Many future mothers report that treatment for a cold should be accompanied by compliance with bed rest. Also, you should drink plenty of water and any warm liquid. Patients say that self-medication in this situation should not be dealt with. This can lead to an aggravation of the condition or the development of side effects. In some situations, there is an irreversible negative effect on the fetus.
Instead of concluding
Now you know what to take for pregnant women with a cold. Remember that even the safest means for treatment should be agreed with the doctor. In the period of expectation of the baby you bear the big responsibility not only for the state of health, but also for a condition of the future crumbs. Be healthy and do not be ill!
What can be pregnant with a cold?
Nature endowed the woman with the opportunity to give birth to children, fully adapting to her body, which gives all her strength to support and preserve the fetus.
However, she "missed" the moment that immunity weakened by pregnancy becomes open to anyone, even the simplest disease that can leave an indelible imprint on the child. It is now a matter of such a common illness as the common cold. Let's consider together the options of tog, it can be pregnant with a cold, and what to use is not worth it.
The level of threat that accompanies this disease can not be fully assessed. In time, a non-cured disease of this type can fully turn into fetoplacental insufficiency, fetal hypoxia, malformations or complications in childbirth. The most correct tactic of behavior is the suppression of cold symptoms at the earliest stages.
Preparations for colds for pregnant women
Getting rid of this disease is a complex, lengthy and necessary process, which should begin with visiting your doctor and getting an exhaustive consultation. This is due to the fact that the standard remedies for colds during pregnancy are almost contraindicated because of their negative effects on the fetus. That is why it is so important to take a responsible approach to the problem and find alternative ways of healing.
It is necessary to avoid the use of such funds for colds for pregnant women, which belong to the group of antibiotics, immunomodulators, insist on alcohol or contain a large amount of vitamin C. Among medicines, Paracetamol can be taken to help relieve temperature and eliminate the pain in the head, Tharyngept, which removes perspiration in the throat, or Furacilin in the form of rinses. In any case, preference should be given to medicines of homeopathic origin, which, like everyone else, should be prescribed exclusively by a doctor.
Folk remedies for colds for pregnant women
The ideal option is to use recipes in practice, which kindly provides experience of generations. However, one must be cautious, since many constituents of drugs can cause an allergic reaction, even if it has not been observed before. Virtually all the folk ways of what to drink to pregnant women with colds are based on eliminating the main symptoms of the disease, namely:
- pain in the head;
- malaise, fatigue and other things.
Consider the most effective and common folk methods:
- A universal remedy is a lemon in pregnancy with a cold, because it is a natural source of vitamin C, responsible for maintaining the body's defenses. Add slices of this citrus in a warm drink, tea or just water, of course, if you do not have allergies to it.
- It is also worth including in your diet garlic for colds during pregnancy, because it has a strong antiviral property. You can just swallow a small slice of a vegetable without chewing, but you can dilute its juice with boiled water in proportion: and dig into your nose several times a day.
- Do not forget in pregnancy and chamomile for colds, which is used exclusively in the form of inhalations, since the herbs for the woman in the position, and for her child in particular, can also be are contraindicated.
- A huge role in getting rid of the disease during pregnancy is played by honey with colds, which can be added to a warm drink, milk or tea, making compresses on the throat, chest or back from it. Again, do not get carried away, because excessive use of this product can cause the tone of the uterus.
Development of a cold in the second trimester of pregnancyA woman, whose body can not prevent the penetration of a viral infection during pregnancy, is experiencing how such a process will affect the development and condition of her child. It is known that any disease is completely differently manifested in different terms of pregnancy. Colds in the second trimester of pregnancy can no longer cause such serious harm as in the first 12 weeks of bearing a child, but there may be some irregularities.
What is dangerous disease in this period?
Anatomy of the placenta
The second trimester of pregnancy lasts from 12 to 24 weeks, during this period the baby is reliably protected by the placenta, which prevents the penetration of viral infections into his body. Through the placenta, he receives nutrients and oxygen from his mother, but the virus can cause a violation of such a vital relationship.
Many women are often interested in specialists whether a cold can really affect a pregnancy if it penetrates the organism of a future mother after 13 weeks from the moment of conception.The danger of catarrhal disease is that placental exchange can easily be disrupted, as a result of which oxygen is supplied in insufficient quantities to the baby. In the case when there is oxygen starvation, and soon and hypoxia of the fetus, can be observed slowed-down physical and mental development, underdevelopment or incorrect formation of many organs and systems.Proceeding from this, obstetrician-gynecologists recommend that all women from the moment of conception constantly monitor their health and take all necessary measures to prevent the development of colds.
Due to fetoplacental insufficiency caused by impaired placental metabolism, a child may be born earlier than expected, often with underweight. Such babies usually have pale skin color, they are very sluggish and weak. Moreover, in the second trimester there is an active development of the nervous system, therefore there is a great risk that it may also suffer. Therefore, there is no doubt that the common cold affects pregnancy, having a harmful effect on the mother and child.
Other dangerous complicationsIf a woman falls ill with a cold at the 13th week of pregnancy, there is a high probability that the endocrine system of the baby will suffer, and miscarriage is not excluded. In the case when such a process will develop for 16-17 weeks after conception, the bone marrow will most likely suffer, causing irreversible consequences.
A woman expecting the birth of her daughter should take special care at the 19-20 week, because it is during this period, the formation of the egg. And if a viral infection gets into the body of a pregnant woman, it can be fraught with the infertility of a female baby in the future.
Considering all the danger that may arise if a woman develops a cold, it should be concluded that it is impossible to prevent the disease from occurring, it is necessary to immediately turn to a specialist. Of course, it is much better if a woman prepares her body in advance for the upcoming serious strain, having strengthened immunity, due to which catarrhal diseases for 9 months can not harm her and her to kid.
Second trimester temperatureVery rarely, colds that affect the body of a future mother appear to be a mild discomfort, they are often accompanied by an increase in body temperature. It is believed that the temperature does not adversely affect the condition and development of the baby, because at this time it already protects the placenta. However, treatment of the common cold is greatly complicated, since there is a need to use antipyretic drugs, among which only paracetamol is allowed. A pregnant woman can take paracetamol and other drugs based on this substance Panadol, Efferalgan.True, safe paracetamol for a woman and a baby will only be with the use of a small amount of this medicine.It is strictly prohibited to take such medications as:
You can not bring down the temperature for colds in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, if it is below 38 degrees, since such actions can only worsen the state of health of the pregnant woman, weakening the defenses organism. If it is necessary to lower body temperature, it is better to use folk methods - to drink decoction of lime blossom, tea from raspberry, to make cold compresses. If the fever is not accompanied by other symptoms of colds - a runny nose, coughing, malaise, it is worth to visit the specialist's office. In fact in this case serious enough diseases can develop, the temperature usually arises at such illnesses:
Pregnant women should not worry if they have a low-grade fever for a long time - 37 - 37, 5, because this is a normal process, however, in the absence of any disturbances during the course of the current pregnancy. However, this subfebrile condition should not be observed in the third trimester of pregnancy.Sometimes the presence of temperature can be caused by the ectopic position of the fetus, therefore it is required to undergo ultrasound.
How to treat?
Self-medication during pregnancy is somewhat complicated, it is necessary to consult a specialist
Treatment of a cold in the second trimester in a pregnant woman should be done only by a doctor, and given that circumstance that during this period the use of drugs is completely undesirable, they need to be replaced people's means. First of all, doctors insist that the main methods of treatment for a future mother are such actions:
- adherence to bed rest;
- drinking a lot of warm drink;
- gargling of the throat with soda and decoctions of medicinal plants;
- washing of the nasopharynx with saline solution;
- realization of inhalations.
It is forbidden for a future mother to suffer colds on her legs, because such careless attitude towards her health can cause many complications, dangerous for the formation and development of the child.Care should be taken not only medicines, but also folk remedies, because often some medicinal herbs can exert a stronger effect on the body than medicines.Carefully you need to choose the dosage and follow the prescribed course of treatment, because the child is dangerous and colds, and its complications.
With pain and perspiration in the throat, you can rinse it with antiseptic means, using:
- alcohol or oil solution of chlorophyllipt;
- Lugol's solution;
- iodine-brine solution.
- Honey is dissolved in warm water 1: 5, but the water temperature should not exceed 50 degrees, as the honey will lose all its healing properties. The vapor should be inhaled through the mouth for 10 minutes.
- Spoon a grass of a sage to fill in with a glass of boiled water, to insist 15 minutes, the solution is ready to application.
- Mix 2 spoons of eucalyptus grass, spoon of coniferous buds, a spoonful of chopped garlic, put everything in a saucepan and pour boiling water, breathe in steam for 10 minutes.
It is important to know what to do if a pregnant woman becomes ill with a cold, because only with the timely and correct treatment can the development of many dangerous complications be prevented. In this case, treatment should be carried out only on the prescription of the doctor and under his supervision until the full recovery of the future mother.