Hemorrhoids after childbirth is a disease in which an inflammatory process occurs in the rectum, varicose veins are observed.
Because of the accumulation of large amounts of blood in the veins, they become larger, their walls may thicken, and subsequently cones - hemorrhoids - arise.
Most often, hemorrhoids begin to bother a woman when she is carrying a baby. If her disease developed earlier, during pregnancy, the birth of hemorrhoids may worsen.
Hemorrhoids can be both external and internal. With internal hemorrhoids, the nodes become inflamed inside the rectum. For external forms, the outgrowth of the nodes is characteristic, and severe, complicated birth can provoke such a condition.
The cause of the disease becomes stagnation of blood in the venous system of the anus.
During pregnancy, women often have constipation. This is due to the increase in the uterus, which begins to press the organs of the small pelvis. The result is a stasis of feces in the intestine. So it turns out that constipation is the main prerequisite for the formation of hemorrhoids. Violation of intestinal peristalsis due to malnutrition also adversely affects the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
The situation is complicated if a woman during pregnancy gained extra pounds. Excess body weight contributes to an even greater pressure on the organs of the small pelvis, which leads to the development of hemorrhoids. In the presence of constipation and lack of physical activity, hemorrhoids in women after delivery are provided.
In the process of labor, the situation may worsen, as heavy and prolonged attempts can also provoke the appearance of hemorrhoids. At this time, there is a sharp increase in pressure in the small pelvis and intra-abdominal pressure. The volume of the veins of the rectum, which at this pressure is overwhelmed with blood, increase. There is a thickening of the walls and a hemorrhoidal node is formed.
To detect hemorrhoids (see Fig. photo hemorrhoids in the initial stage) after childbirth is not too difficult, for this, read the main signs of the disease:
- Burning and itching in the rectum. Blood and pain after stool.
- After a while, the pain can subside, and then reappear when emptying the intestine.
- Falling hemorrhoids, they are easily palpable and can be of different sizes - from pea to cherry. They usually cause discomfort when walking or sitting.
- Inflammation and cracks in the anus. These things can bring a lot of trouble and darken the perfect time of motherhood.
- Feeling of insufficient emptying of the rectum.
Especially painful hemorrhoids after the birth of the internal arrangement, which, among other things, also have a tendency to complications. External hemorrhoids - maloesthetic, but brings a woman less trouble, and his treatment - not so difficult.
In order to prevent the development of acute hemorrhoids after childbirth and exacerbation of the chronic form of the disease, it is necessary to follow simple rules:
- balanced eating and not abusing irritating foods;
- follow intimate hygiene after childbirth;
- do not lift weights;
- follow the regular emptying of the intestines, avoid constipation;
- move more;
- during pregnancy, do not gain extra pounds;
- in due time to cure the fissures of the anus and other diseases of the large intestine.
With the right approach and careful attitude to your health, hemorrhoids after childbirth will not bother the young mother.
How to treat hemorrhoids after childbirth
So, what to do if there are symptoms? First of all, the doctor should prescribe the treatment of hemorrhoids.
It is extremely dangerous to use medicines independently, because after giving birth a woman is breastfeeding, and medicines that get into in the body of the mother, with milk and fall into the body of the child, which can have an extremely negative impact on the health of the baby.
- To begin with it is necessary to adjust the food. This will not only facilitate the course of hemorrhoids, but it will be beneficial for the child, especially if the woman is breastfeeding.
- Also it is necessary to restore the physical form. Daily walks, therapeutic exercises combined with the use of candles and ointments will significantly reduce the symptoms of hemorrhoids and ease the condition.
As a rule, for the treatment of hemorrhoids during breastfeeding appoint candles and ointments, used to relieve swelling and pain in the rectum.
Candles from hemorrhoids
The choice of a safe means must be entrusted to a specialist, he will select the right drug that can effectively stop painful symptoms and not harm the baby.
The most common remedies that will help cure hemorrhoids after childbirth:
- Effectively treats hemorrhoids that occurred during childbirth or during breastfeeding, namely candles of natural origin. Here it is possible to carry suppositories with sea buckthorn oil. Even getting into the body of the baby the drug will not cause negative reactions, but the mother will very much help. Candles have an excellent healing effect, relieve pain after the first reception, relieve itching, burning, swelling. Timely treatment with the drug reduces the risk of complications.
- Candles Procto-glivenol. Contraindicated in the very beginning of pregnancy, but with lactation they can be used. The lidocaine included in the composition quickly relieves pain. Tribenozid eliminates inflammation, swelling and promotes resorption of hemorrhoids.
- Candles They have an anesthetic, healing, hemostatic effect. The active substance of the drug copes well with inflammation, stimulates local immunity. Rectal suppositories Relief is allowed for use during breastfeeding, but treatment should be administered control of the doctor, since allergic reactions to one of the components (shark liver oil) are possible.
- Candles with calendula. The main function of the drug is to heal wounds. The effect is brought by candles only at the initial stages of the disease, when the hemorrhoids have not yet "got out", ie, Nodules are inside and not particularly interfere with life. For the treatment of nursing mothers, the drug is not contraindicated.
- Hepatrombin G - the composition of suppositories includes heparin, polydocanol and prednisolone acetate. The drug has antipruritic, antithrombotic and anti-edematic effect, it copes with inflammation and helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
Before buying a drug, you need to consult a specialist proctologist.
Surgical treatment is used for massive hemorrhages and combined with antibiotics, so it is recommended to transfer the baby for two weeks to the artificial feeding.
Hemorrhoids after childbirth can be cured:
- Coagulation (using a laser and infrared lamps);
sclerotherapy (by introducing into the node substances for gluing the walls of blood vessels);
- Doping (tightening the hemorrhoidal gum at the base for subsequent drying and removal from the rectum during defecation);
- Radio waves using a special apparatus;
- Hemorrhoidectomy (operative excision of hemorrhoids).
All of the above methods do not require hospitalization, take just a few minutes, do not cause harm or pain to the patient, are of low trauma, and treat the disease quickly and reliably. However, which of these techniques is more suitable for treatment, is solved together with the doctor.
In addition to the use of drugs and diet, it is necessary to perform simple physical exercises.
It is useful to nursing mothers to walk outside and do Kegel exercises. Do not rush to extremes and exhaust yourself with some kind of sport. Remember that at the moment your main task is to keep your health and baby's health. At the first stages there will be enough walking.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.