Vegetosovascular dystonia (VSD, or neurocirculatory dystonia) is a very common problem that a modern person has to face. This combination of emotional and psychological disorders with vegetative disorders (from the cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, urogenital systems). Treatment VSD - the process is complex, requiring an individual approach and constant correction. Modern methods of treatment include lifestyle modification, changing the approach to professional activity, correction of psycho-emotional disorders, use of medications in accordance with developed syndromes. To implement the entire treatment complex, a neurologist, a therapist, a psychologist (psychiatrist) may be required.
- 1The main methods of treatment
- 2Correction of the psycho-emotional sphere
- 3Healthy lifestyle
- 4Modification of labor activity
- 5Physiotherapy methods
- 6Spa treatment
- 7Drug therapy
The main methods of treatment
First of all, before the beginning of treatment it is necessary to exclude other diseases of various organs and systems, which can give symptoms identical to those in the VSD. Only after a reliably established diagnosis can begin to treat.
The modern view of the elimination of the VSD syndrome consists in the simultaneous use of a complex of medicamentous and non-medicamentous effects, the latter being the leading role. Methods of treatment include:
- correction of the psycho-emotional sphere;
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle;
- modification of labor activity;
- physiotherapy methods;
- Spa treatment;
- drug therapy.
Correction of the psycho-emotional sphere
"All diseases - from nerves," - this statement can not be more accurately suited to vegetovascular dystonia. In most cases, the VSD is "to blame" for some psychological factor, its elimination contributes to recovery. When clarifying the history of the disease, almost always patients independently indicate, with what "everything started." Overwork at work, conflicts with employees or at home, problems in personal life, chronic stress - some of the above is necessarily present in the life of the patient VSD. But not always the patient understands the importance of eliminating the psychological cause, usually there is simply a statement of fact and nothing more. It is important to bring to the patient the need for a different view of the problem. A person must realize that his reaction to stressful influences creates the prerequisites for the emergence pathological symptoms (manifestations of the VSD), that it is necessary to reconsider their attitude to the situation. If the conflict is not resolved independently, or the patient does not manage to change his attitude to what is happening, then the help of the therapist is required. Methods of psychotherapy that can help a patient with VSD, a great many: methods of suggestion and auto-training, elements of psychoanalysis with the management "Diary of health", art therapy, gestalt therapy, cognitive therapy, behavioral therapy, training in relaxation methods. What will be most effective is decided individually in each specific case.
The patient needs to know that all the symptoms of the VSD do not carry an immediate danger to life, that his life does not threaten anything. Sometimes the awareness of the "harmlessness" of symptoms helps to cope with the fear accompanying the VSD.
If possible, it is necessary to create a positive environment around the patient. This is facilitated by rational rest, trips to nature (in the woods for mushrooms, for fishing, just walks in the park, etc.). Having a hobby will only help normalize the psycho-emotional state. It is desirable to engage in sports.
First of all you need to optimize the regime of the day. High-quality and full-fledged sleep (retirement at the same time, sleep duration 7-8 hours, etc.), eating in one and at the same time, staying in the open air is all small but significant factors for the successful treatment of the IRR.
It is desirable to reject bad habits. Tobacco and, especially, addiction to alcohol only exacerbate the existing disorders. Attempt to change their attitude to the situation by taking large doses of alcohol is also a false way.
In the presence of chronic foci of infection, their sanation is indicated (treatment of chronic tonsillitis, caries, etc.). Of course, the presence of any somatic pathology requires treatment by an appropriate specialist.
The diet is also subject to correction. Since there are always disturbances of vascular tone with VSD, such a patient shows products promoting the strengthening of blood vessels and hearts, rich in salts of potassium, magnesium and calcium: buckwheat, oatmeal, nuts, sunflower seeds, apricots, bananas, raisins, dried apricots, prunes, dogrose, legumes, sour-milk products, cheeses, herbs, green tea, honey. When cooking it is desirable to use unrefined olive and sunflower oils. Useful juices and compotes, because of the large content of vitamins and biologically active substances. Consumption of liquid by the body is optimal at a level of 1.5-2 liters per day. Normalization of diet and diet also contribute to weight loss.
Moderate physical exertion is shown, but with a positive attitude, i.e. it is necessary to engage in "favorite" sports (taking into account contraindications). Most often recommend swimming, yoga, jogging, i.e. relatively quiet sports. Moderate physical activity has a positive "training" effect on the cardiovascular system, contributes to the normalization of vascular tone, improves blood flow in organs and tissues.
Modification of labor activity
Observance of occupational hygiene is necessary for the patient with VSD as no one else. The breaks laid during the working day must be used for the intended purpose. There should be no overtime work. If possible, work should be carried out in the daytime. At "sedentary" work during a break it is necessary to do warm-up, and at work behind a computer to be distracted every 45 minutes to look into the distance for a window and to give the chance to have a rest to eyes. Depending on the symptomatology of the VSD, if contraindications are identified, a transfer to another job is necessary.
Among non-drug effects this group of measures is one of the most effective. Physiotherapeutic procedures are successfully used not only in the treatment of patients with VSD in a clinic or in a hospital, but also in the conduct of spa treatment. The most commonly used electrophoresis with different pharmacological agents (calcium, caffeine, mezaton, euphyllin, papaverine, magnesium, bromide, novocaine), electrosleep, water procedures (Sharko shower or circular, underwater shower massage, contrast baths), sodium chloride baths, common radon, hydrogen sulphide, iodide-bromine baths, transcranial electroanalgesia, sinusoidal modulated currents, galvanization, magnetotherapy, aeroionotherapy, infrared laser therapy, UHF, thermal procedures (paraffin and ozocerite applications), mud therapy. Shown acupuncture and massage. The course application of physiotherapy methods allows to eliminate many symptoms of the IRR, sometimes even without additional medication intake.
It is shown at the stage of rehabilitation to all patients with VSD. Mineral waters (balneotherapy), climatotherapy, bathing in sea water in combination with physiotherapy techniques, massage, acupuncture, physiotherapy exercises, rational and balanced nutrition, reinforce the effect achieved in the treatment of VSD in outpatient and inpatient settings. Not the least role is played by changing the situation for the patient.
The pharmacological spectrum of the drugs used in the VSD is huge due to the variety of symptoms of the disease. Simultaneous administration of a large number of drugs can harm a patient, so for each patient a program of taking medicines is created in a certain sequence, which is corrected during the treatment.
Drugs used to treat VSD can be divided into the following groups:
- soothing - preferably plant remedies (valerian, motherwort) and their combination (dormiplant, new passit, notte, phytosed, persen, sedaphyton, nerve flox, etc.). Combinations of herbal preparations with barbiturates are possible (especially with accompanying sleep disorders): barbovol, valocordin, corvalol, corvaltab, etc .;
- tranquilizers - used in more severe disorders of the emotional sphere, accompanied by a sense of anxiety and tension. Among them, popular are gidazepam, grandaxin (tofizopam), buspirone, mebikar (adaptol), afobazol. At even more pronounced manifestations are shown diazepam (sibazone), phenazepam;
- Neuroleptics - are used to reduce feelings of nervousness, aggressiveness, irritability and quick temper, anxiety and fear, normalization of vascular tone and blood pressure. Apply ridazine (sonapaks, thioril), euglon (sulpiride), risperidone (neurispin, rispolept). And tranquilizers, and antipsychotics should be prescribed only by a doctor and applied strictly according to the indications during a certain period of time;
- hypnotics - a normalizing effect on sleep have also plant sedatives, and tranquilizers, and some neuroleptics. Among the directly hypnotic drugs are zolpidem (ivadal), zopiclone (sonnat, somnol), zaleplon (andante), dormicum, radedorm, donormil, melatonin. This group of drugs is prescribed for a short period of time (usually 7-14 days) if absolutely necessary;
- antidepressants - used in patients with reduced motivation, asthenia and depression. They improve mood, reduce melancholy, indirectly normalize sleep. These drugs are sidnofen, coaxil, fluoxetine (prozac), sertraline (zoloft, stimuloton), paroxetine (paxil), amitriptyline, lyudomil, simbalta;
- nootropics are drugs that "feed" the brain.They help to cope with general weakness, violation of attention and memory, headaches and dizziness, noise in the ears. This group includes pyracetam (nootropil), noophene (phenibut), glycine (glycide), pantogam, pantocalcin. With the same purpose, it is possible to use neurometabolites: actovegin (solcoseryl), cerebrolysin;
- drugs that improve blood circulation - cavinton (vinpocetine), oxybral, stugeron, pentoxifylline (trental);
- drugs that reduce blood pressure (hypotensive), - bisoprolol (concor), atenolol, metoprolol, anaprilin. From the plant remedies, valerian preparations, St. John's wort, hawthorn, peony tincture, oregano, melissa, Kalina and others are used for this purpose;
- drugs that increase blood pressure - caffeine, mezaton, most plant adaptogens (tincture of magnolia vine, rhodiola rosea, ginseng);
- drugs that affect the metabolism in the heart, are used to reduce pain and discomfort in the heart: mildronate, riboxin, hawthorn tincture. In case of rhythm disturbances (increase in heart rate), asparks, panangin, concor, barboval, corvaldine are shown;
- with increased intracranial pressure - diacarb, lasix (furosemide), preparations of parsley, juniper, nettle, diuretic herbs;
- vegetotropic drugs - bellaspon, bellataminal. They have a combined effect, affect the psycho-emotional state, and the pain syndrome, and sweating, they remove symptoms from the sympathetic side as well as from the parasympathetic nervous system. Platifillin can also be used as a vegetotrophic drug;
- antioxidants - mexidol, cratum, vitrum-antioxidant, succinic acid;
- vitamins - are shown as multivitamin complexes with a fortifying purpose, and isolated intake of vitamins E, A, C, group B (neurovitan, milgamma, neurobex, neurorubin);
- adaptogens - a group of drugs that increase the stress-resistance of the body. They have an anti-asthenic effect, are capable of increasing blood pressure and vascular tone, increasing nonspecific immunity: ginseng, rhodiola rosea, lemongrass, eleutherococcus, zamaniha, aralia, lefthia safflower. The drugs containing spirulina, fennel, thyme, and laminaria possess a general toning action.
Thus, a diverse arsenal of remedies is used to treat various symptoms of VSD. Many drugs simultaneously affect several symptoms (for example, hawthorn tincture has a sedative effect, reduces pain in the heart and lowers blood pressure). It should be remembered that only the attending physician can choose the right combination of medications.
With VSD, the process of recovery largely depends, if not nearly 100%, on the patient himself, his positive attitude and his desire to overcome the ailment. Left unattended VSD can be transformed into a more severe and intractable disease (for example, arterial hypertension). Therefore, patients with signs of VSD should always consult a doctor to regain a full life and protect the body from new diseases.
TV channel "Union", the program "Let's be healthy" on the theme "Vegetosovascular dystonia: a disease of a sensitive heart"
Watch this video on YouTube
DobruTV, talk show "Without a prescription" on "Vegeto-vascular dystonia":
Watch this video on YouTube