Halixol is an expectorant. The main active substance of the drug - ambroxol, is an active metabolite of bromhexine and belongs to the benzylamine group of mucolytic substances.
The drug intake can dilute sputum, increase the production and increase in the activity of hydrolytic enzymes that break down the connections between mucopolysaccharides of sputum. The drug does not cause excessive secretion, reduces spastic hyperreactivity of the bronchi and contributes to the development of surfactant.
The therapeutic effect is achieved as early as 30 minutes after taking the drug.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Mucolytic and expectorant drug.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can buywithout a doctor's prescription.
How much does Haliksol cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of110 rubles.
Composition and form of release
The drug Halixol is available in pharmacy chains in two different forms:
- a tablet of color close to white. A flat, rounded shape, on one side is located the risk and engraving in the form of the letter "E", on the other hand - engraving "231". They do not have a smell. Tablets are packed in blisters of 10 pieces each, which are sealed in cardboard packs in an amount of two pieces.
- in the form of a syrup, whose color is close to pale yellow. The syrup is transparent, without the ability to form a sediment, has a characteristic odor. Packed in glass bottles of dark color with a volume of 100 ml. Sold with a measuring cup, sealed in a cardboard box.
Mucolytic medicament Halixol promotes the dilution of sputum, which occurs due to increased activity and enhance the production of hydrolytic enzymes that break down the bonds between mucopolysaccharides of sputum.
The active component of Chalixol (ambroxol) is an active metabolite of bromhexine. Improving the rheological properties of sputum, Haliksol helps reduce its viscosity and adhesive properties, as well as the normalization of the ratio of serous and mucous components of sputum. The use of Chaliixol does not lead to an increase in secretion, while the spastic hyperreactivity of the bronchi decreases.
As a rule, the effect of taking the medication develops after half an hour.
Indications for use
Haliksol according to the instructions is indicated for use in the treatment of acute and chronic respiratory diseases, which are accompanied by the formation of viscous sputum:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Bronchoectatic disease.
Also, Halixol is prescribed for the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the ENT organs (for example, sinusitis and otitis), in which it is necessary to dilute the mucus.
The drug has limitations and serious contraindications, so before starting the application of Haliksol, you should carefully read the attached instructions. The drug should not be taken orally if the patient has one or more of these conditions:
- children under 12 years (for tablets);
- children under 2 years (for syrup);
- severe diseases of the kidneys and liver, accompanied by a violation of the function of organs;
- stomach ulcer in the phase of exacerbation;
- erosive gastritis;
- pregnancy in 1 trimester;
- the period of breastfeeding;
- individual intolerance to ambroxol or other components of the drug;
- congenital lactose intolerance (for a drug in the form of tablets);
- simultaneous therapy with antitussive drugs that depress the cough center.
Intended use for pregnancy and lactation
The drug Halixol in any of its form of release is not prescribed to pregnant women in the first trimester. This is due to the fact that in the first 12 weeks there is a formation and laying of all internal organs of the future child, and the medicinal effect on the mother's body can lead to unpredictable consequences. In the course of clinical studies, there was no terabogenic, mutagenic or embryotoxic effect of Ambroxol.
In the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, we will take the drug Haliksol in the form of tablets or syrup if there are serious indications, in the event that the expected benefit for the mother exceeds the potential risk to the fetus.
Ambroxol can be excreted in breast milk, so during lactation, taking Halixol is contraindicated. If it is necessary to treat a nursing mother, you should decide whether to suspend lactation and temporarily transfer the baby to artificial feeding.
Dosage and route of administration
As indicated in the instructions for use. The tablets should be taken orally after meals and washed down with plenty of fluids. Abundant fluid intake contributes to liquefaction of mucus during treatment with Chaliixol.
- Children aged 5-12 years, the drug is prescribed to 1/2 tab. 2-3 times / day. Children under the age of 5 years are not prescribed the drug Haliksol in the form of tablets.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age the drug is administered in the first 2-3 days of 1 tab. 3 times / day, and in the following days - 1 tab. 2 times / day or 1/2 tablet. 3 times / day. In severe cases, the dose is not reduced throughout the course of treatment.
The doctor decides individually whether to take Chaliixol for more than 4-5 days.
The use of Halixol can cause the following side effects:
- Central nervous system: rarely - headache, weakness.
- Respiratory system: rarely - rhinorrhea, dry airways.
- Digestive system: rarely - constipation, diarrhea, gastralgia, dry mouth Nausea, vomiting.
- Allergic manifestations: rarely - hives, exanthema; very rarely - acute anaphylactic reactions (no connection with the use of ambroxol).
- Other: dysuria.
There were recorded cases when patients receiving high doses of the drug experienced overdose symptoms, which manifested itself in the form of dyspeptic disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, vomiting and nausea. At present, the antidote of ambroxol is unknown.
Treatment of an overdose: gastric lavage. In cases of severe overdose, the condition of the patient should be monitored by specialists.
Before you start using the drug, read the special instructions:
- The drug does not contain alcohol.
- You should not prescribe concomitantly with antitussive drugs due to difficulty in sputum production.
- The use of the drug in patients with impaired bronchial motor function or abundant sputum with low viscosity requires caution because of the danger of stagnation of the bronchial secretion.
Compatibility with other drugs
Antitussive medications (including codeine) can make it difficult to secrete sputum, liquefied with ambroxol.
Halixol promotes the penetration of certain antibiotics into the bronchial secret (including amoxicillin, cefuroxime, erythromycin, doxycycline).
We offer you to familiarize yourself with the opinions of people who used Khaliksol:
- Nina. My cough begins with the first slush and ends usually somewhere in Egypt. From a youth I am excruciated with this problem. I used to take a simple Mukultin from a cough and thought it was enough. This year, the situation worsened and I started to have complications, and the doctor prescribed me a complex therapy with the use of Khaliksol. Very much this preparation has helped me and now at the first signs of a cough I start to drink it. I have a three-day course to recover.
- Svetlana. "Haliksol" appeared in our medicine cabinet for a long time. Children had problems with the lungs, and doctors prescribed various mucolytic drugs. Not all of them helped well, even though they had the same composition. "Haliksol" is one of those that helped, so I stopped on it and myself asked doctors to appoint it. In a short time, the cough relaxed, the sputum began to recede, and relief came. Now I'm holding it in the medicine cabinet in case I have a cough or a flu if I have a flu or ARVI.
Patients who are interested in what Khaliksol should take into account that this drug has many analogues with a similar composition and action:
- Ambro Hexal;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Halixol tablets should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and children. Shelf life with proper storage is 5 years.
The syrup is recommended to be stored at a temperature of 15-22 ° C, protecting children from access. Shelf life - up to 5 years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.