Sunburn is a common phenomenon, especially in hot summer time, when many people like to sunbathe on the beach. However, one should be extremely pointed, especially for the first time, when the skin is still tender after wintering.
It is necessary to lie a little under the baking sun, and you will immediately earn a sunburn - the skin on the face, back and other parts of the body starts to burn and acquire a characteristic reddish shade. After all, a sunburn is literally a skin burn, obtained by exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation. The result of this defeat is skin inflammation.
If you received a severe sunburn, the first signs will begin to appear after a few hours, and a full clinical a picture - an itch, a tumescence, reddening, morbidity, dehydration of an organism and other "pleasures" of the received burn in the sun.
In this case, immediate first aid should be provided to relieve the effects of sunburn. As a rule, treatment is carried out at home with the use of pharmacy ointments, creams, sprays, as well as time-tested folk remedies.
Symptoms of sunburn in the sun
Solar burns, like heat, are divided into three stages: solar erythematous dermatitis, the bubble stage and necrotic stage.
The strength of the burn affects the type of skin, the amount of time spent in the sun, and health. For example, people with light skin get a strong sunburn much easier, and it will heal longer.
Most often, the damage to the skin as a result of exposure to ultraviolet rays is manifested by redness and soreness skin, and also there can appear bubbles, grouped in bubbles, with serous contents.
- With a mild burn, the skin becomes inflamed, reddens, even a slight touch to it causes pain. After a few days the skin begins to peel off, and the sunburn leaves, leaving no visible traces.
- Serious sunburns are complicated by severe burning of the skin, the appearance of blisters, severe dehydration, a violation of water-electrolyte imbalance and possible infection.
In addition to the above symptoms, there are also:
- nausea and / or vomiting;
- symptoms resembling vomiting;
- loss of skin, observing 4-7 days after the burn.
Other problems that can occur with a sunburn include:
- thermal or sunstroke, or other problems associated with general overheating;
- allergic reactions to exposure to sun or sunscreen;
- eye disorders, such as burning pain, reduction, partial or complete loss of vision.
Your skin type determines your susceptibility to sunburn and sunburn. People with light or freckled skin, light or red hair and blue eyes, are particularly sensitive.
What to do with a sunburn?
Every person should know what to do when a sunburn occurs. Thus, you will alleviate the symptoms, and soon recover.
- First of all, after the sunburn was received, it is necessary to go into a room in which ultraviolet rays would not penetrate.
- Further it is important to understand, how much strong a burn is received and whether blisters have appeared. If they are, then the degree of skin damage is significant, which requires an urgent call to the doctor.
- Temporarily, you can alleviate the pain with a cold shower or with a compress.
- On the damaged place it is necessary to put a cream with a calming effect, also the cooled juice of an aloe will approach. It is important to remember that it is strictly forbidden to apply oil to the burned skin, both creamy and vegetable.
When the burn is not too heavy, you can treat yourself. Be sure to consult a doctor if you have a severe burn, and you have these symptoms:
- strong pain;
- large blisters;
- headache, nausea and vomiting;
- confusion of consciousness, weakness.
The first medical aid is aimed at lowering the temperature, providing epidermal cells with moisture, removing redness, and reducing the sensation of pain.
Than to treat? To do this, you can use compresses and lotions from chilled black or green tea, chilled medicinal decoctions herbs, which have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect (for example, chamomile, calendula, lavender). Do not forget to drink enough water to prevent dehydration.
Chilled skin must be moistened, otherwise immediately after cooling it will dry up and inflame even more. Ointments after sunbathing, or aerosols against sunburn will do well for this task. Folk remedies, too, will suit - kefir, sour cream, milk, egg white, these products can self-smear yourself at home.
To relieve the pain you can take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - Imeth, Ibuprofen, etc. or take a cool bath or shower. To relieve itching and burning, antihistamines will work. The further actions refer to medical measures and are aimed at preventing infection of damaged skin and early recovery.
How to treat sunburn at home
If the skin is damaged in the sun, it is necessary not to attack ultraviolet radiation for several days, that is, let the skin calm down and rest without appearing in the sun.
Treatment at home involves the use of folk remedies, they will help to remove the sunburn of the skin.
- One of the oldest ways, simple and affordable: you need togrease burned places with sour milk, kefir, natural yoghurt (without fruit additives and sugar).Sometimes this list gets sour cream, but because of its fat content it creates a favorable environment for the development of microorganisms on injured skin.
- To the sun damaged skin area you needput a piece of raw peeled potatoes, keep for several minutes periodically updating the applied lobules.
- In the case of light thermal external burns applybilious proteinand impose it on the treated surface of the skin. The formed film is not removed, it should fall away itself.
- Necessarycut a fresh leaf of aloe vera in the middle to get juice.Apply aloe vera juice on blisters after sunburn, allow it to dry and soak into the skin. If a fresh leaf of Aloe Vera is not available, you can use Aloe Vera Gel, which you can buy at the pharmacy.
- Requiredpour a tablespoon of dry chamomile with a glass of boiling water, insist for 30 minutes.And when it cools down, make a compress from the infusion, applying a piece of moistened gauze to the burnt areas.
- Leaves of white cabbagewash and pellet with boiling water for greater softness. Then they are cooled and applied to burns, fixed with a bandage and worn during the day. This simple method helps reduce pain and relieve puffiness.
Try these folk recipes, they will help reduce symptoms and remove sunburn in a short time.
How to smear sunburn at home
Above we have listed, than it is possible to grease a sunburn at home using folk medicine. What else is good in this case?
In this part will be presented effective pharmacy products - ointments, aerosols and cream from burns. Before lubricating a sunburn, it is very important to make sure that the integument is intact and by no means to open blisters.
- Panthenolin aerosol form (spray) - well removes the inflammation of the skin, covering it with a specific protective film.
- Ointment hydrocortisone, 0, 05 or 1%, depending on the age of the victim and the degree of epidermal damage.
- With erosive lesions after bursting of blisters helpsDermazin or Olazole.
- Indomethacin or Diclofenac- these funds help not only to anesthetize, but also to remove puffiness, which is sometimes very pronounced.
- Bepantenin the form of ointments or creams, antimicrobial, analgesic and regenerating drug.
- Cooling gels containingmenthol and anesthetics.
These medicines will help relieve the symptoms, and a few days later the sunburn will not bother you anymore.
See also: how to treat a chicken in adults at home.
What is not recommended when the skin is burnt?
In order not to aggravate your condition, at home you should not do such things:
- Wash damaged areas with alkaline soap? and also rub them with a washcloth or a scrub;
- Smear the skin with products that contain alcohol;
- Treatment of burns in an acute period with vaseline-based products, because similar means seal the pores and prevent the skin from breathing;
- Puncture or squeeze blisters, as this is the direct route to infection of the skin;
- Drink alcohol, strong tea or coffee.
Stick to prevention measures when sunbathing in the sun, and then sunburn will not bother you.
Sunburn treatment: simple recipe
If you received a sunburn face, then treatment with this folk method will be very helpful. We need sour cream and lemon oil (you can buy it at the pharmacy).
Take 10 drops of oil and 100 grams of sour cream, mix and get the mask applied evenly on the burnt face. After 15 minutes, rinse with warm water and you will immediately feel relieved.
How many days does the sun burn?
Everything will depend on the severity, as well as on the choice of treatment tactics and skin type. Light burns go through 2 days, more severe cases can bother a person 5-7 days. Do not forget to consume more protein, it is a building material and helps to regenerate damaged tissues faster.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.