- How to treat the disease?
- Popular methods of treatment of hepatitis
- Diet for liver disease
- Video on topic
Hepatitis is an inflammatory disease of the liver, provoked, most often, by viruses. There are seven types of viruses( from A to G), which are divided into subtypes. In the liver, the inflammatory process can begin and as a result of exposure to alcohol, drugs, autoimmune reaction of the body.
One of the most dangerous complications in terms of development is hepatitis C, which quickly transforms into a chronic form, and then destroys the liver and a person dies of cirrhosis or cancer. In addition, the disease has a long incubation period, during which it is impossible to detect antibodies to the virus, so the disease can be transmitted through a transfusion of donor blood.
Another factor that contributes to the spread of hepatitis C is the absence of severe symptoms. Man for years and decades can be a carrier of the virus and infect others( sexually, through the blood) while not even suspecting the presence of the disease.
It is believed that 15-45% of infected people recover within six months without therapy, that is, immunity copes with the disease on their own. In others, the pathology turns into a chronic form, and in 15-30% of them within 20 years develops cirrhosis of the liver.
How to treat the disease?
Today, 95% of patients can be cured of hepatitis C with direct-acting antivirals. The duration of the therapeutic course is approximately 12 weeks. The course of original drugs is expensive( the price in the US about 70 thousand dollars, in Russia, about half a million rubles).
The cost of treatment, its duration and the chance of a complete cure depends on the patient's age, duration of the disease, degree of liver damage and concomitant pathologies such as obesity, diabetes, cirrhosis.
Since patients sometimes cope with the virus by themselves, doctors do not immediately prescribe antiviral drugs of direct effect immediately after detection of the disease, but for some time they follow the blood counts. But this does not mean that the patient can lead the old way of life.
The liver performs many functions, and one of the most important is the barrier. Iron, like a filter, passes through itself all the blood and cleans it from exogenous and endogenous toxins. The more poisonous substances enter the body, the harder it is to remove them and confront the virus.
To reduce the burden on the inflamed gland, you must adhere to the rules:
- observe a sparing diet;
- get vaccinated against hepatitis A and B( if there are two hepatitis viruses in the body, this increases the risk of rapid development of complications);
- take any medication only as agreed with your doctor;
- to follow, that bowel evacuation was regular;
- for a day to drink 2-3 liters of clean water;
- to drink medicines that improve the work of the liver and cleanse the intestines from toxins;
- visit a doctor as soon as signs of deterioration appear( yellowing of the skin and sclera, itching, lethargy, decreased efficiency, subfebrile condition).
There are situations when direct drug therapy can not be performed, for example, due to pregnancy, allergic reactions, drug intolerance, early age, concomitant diseases. Then the patient is recommended to take hepatoprotectors( drugs that improve the condition and function of the liver cells) and use folk methods of treatment.
Traditional methods of treatment of hepatitis
Treatment of hepatitis C involves the elimination of the virus, reducing the inflammatory process and thereby preventing the formation of a tumor and the replacement of normal tissue by fibrotic.
At home, it is impossible to eliminate the virus, but it is possible to reduce the load on the liver, taking the means that help to relieve inflammation and restore the gland functions
It is recommended to take traditional medicine that increases the resistance of the body and thereby help fight the virus, prevent the defeat of healthy hepatocytes, improve liver function, and remove symptoms of the disease.
Traditional medicine knows many tools that help improve liver function, for example:
- honey helps to cleanse the liver of bile and has an anti-inflammatory effect;
- garlic has a hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating property;
- yarrow has anti-inflammatory and vasodilating effect, its flowers and leaves are used to cleanse the kidneys and liver;
- immortelle has a diuretic, analgesic and choleretic properties. It is used in the treatment of diseases of the liver, kidneys, gall bladder, reduces jaundice of the skin;
- dandelion cleanses the blood vessels of the liver;
- ginseng improves the immune function of the body and has a tonic effect;
- unrefined oats help to improve the digestive system, reduces the load on the liver, as it removes toxins from the body;
- rosehip has an immunomodulatory effect;
- milk thistle is one of the most effective plants, which restores hepatocytes and promotes their division;
- anise and mint have a choleretic effect, and also help to remove pain and relieve nausea;
- vitamin A accelerates the regeneration of tissues, including liver cells;
- corn stigmas relieve symptoms of the disease.
At the pharmacy they sell ready-made preparations that you can drink instead of tea for the time specified in the instructions and then take a break for 20 days.
Recipes for maintaining liver function:
- Taken 300 grams of unpeeled oats, pour 3 liters of water and boil for half an hour, then leaveto brew. Take a glass three times a day for three months. You can sweeten the broth with honey.
- Add a large spoonful of celandine with 200 ml of boiling water and leave it under the lid until it cools. Drink broth for half an hour before eating one third of the glass for a month.
- Make a collection of anise and mint grass( in a 1: 1 ratio).Spoon the collection scald two mugs of boiling water and leave to infuse for half an hour. Drink a couple of sips during the day.
- A tablespoon of corn stigmas should be poured into 200 ml of boiling water, let stand, and then drain. Drink half a glass four times a day.
- Lemon halves juice diluted in a glass of mineral water and sweetened with a spoon of honey. Drink before the first meal.
- Pour a large spoonful of ground ginseng root into 500 ml of boiling water and keep in a water bath for three hours. Decoction to drink for three days.
- Take 5 grams of mummies and stir in a mug of warm milk, add a spoonful of honey and the same amount of grape juice. Drink the resulting remedy twice a day( on an empty stomach and before bedtime).
- Prepare a collection of 3 glasses of immortelle grass, 2 cups of corn stigmas and one glass of linen and centenarius. Collect 200 ml of boiling water. Drink instead of tea three times a day for 2 months.
Six heads of garlic knead to gruel and pour a liter of sunflower oil. Infuse in glassware for two weeks. Drink one tablespoon three times a day. In 5 tablespoons of milk stir grated radish and bring to a boil, let cool, and then drain. The course of therapy is 7 days.
In a glass of water pour 4 tablespoons of shredded horse-radish root and preheat, but do not bring to 100 C. Drink the broth for a day in 5-6 receptions. In a spoonful of honey add 10 drops of apple cider vinegar( the mixture has an antiviral and antimicrobial effect).
In equal proportions, mix yarrow, buckthorn, peppermint, chamomile. Collect the spoon with two cups of boiling water and leave to cool. Drink 200 ml every morning on an empty stomach. Three medium bulbs grate, add 2 spoons of ground wormwood, half a cup of honey and 500 ml of white natural wine into the resulting gruel. The product should be infused with cold for 15 days, it must be periodically shaken. Drink tincture before eating 2 tablespoons.
Spoonful of seeds of milk thistle pour a glass of boiling water to let cool. To drink on an empty stomach. Duration of therapy is 30 days. Mix 30 g of licorice root, 20 g of fennel and 50 g of lemon balm. Collect the spoon of a glass of boiling water, insist for a third of an hour. Drink 30 minutes before eating. The drug should be taken 3 times a day for a month.
Before starting the use of drugs recommended by traditional medicine, it is necessary to consult with the treating hepatologist
. Although the recipes have exclusively natural ingredients, they can still cause allergic reactions or be contraindicated in the presence of certain somatic diseases, for example, in cholelithiasis or atherosclerosis.
Diet for liver disease
To prevent the development of complications, it is important to follow a diet and not eat foods that adversely affect the liver and make it work hard. If the patient continues to drink alcohol, eat fatty, spicy, smoked food, then the entire treatment of hepatitis C folk remedies will come to naught.
The basic requirements for nutrition:
- per day, the body should receive no more than 3000 Kcal;
- meals are desirable at the same time and at the same intervals( every 4 or 5 hours);
- food should not be too hot or cold, rough or heavy;
- to limit the use of salt and sugar;
- food is cooked on steam, baked or stewed;
- is recommended diet No5.
When liver disease from the diet, it is necessary to exclude sour vegetables and fruits, citrus fruits, juice juices, carbonated drinks, vegetable fats, tomatoes and juices thereof, spices and seasonings, bakery products, chocolate, legumes. It is not recommended to use strong tea and coffee, milk and sour-milk products with a high fat content.
Alcohol is especially harmful for the liver, as it is oxidized to acetaldehyde, which affects the hepatocytes, causing them to increase. As a result, the outflow of bile is disrupted, the utilization of fats slows down. This leads to the fact that the gland tissues are replaced by a connective( cirrhosis).The decomposition products of ethyl alcohol affect the synthesis of proteins of the hepatic cells.
When liver disease is important to follow the diet of
Useful products for the liver are:
- low-fat meat( beef, turkey, rabbit, chicken);
- vegetables( zucchini, pumpkin, beets, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes);
- low-fat fish( cod, pollock, blue whiting);
- sweet fruit and berries( except persimmon and grapes);
- cream and vegetable oil;
- dried bread, lingering cookies;
- chicken eggs.
As there are certain restrictions in the menu, the body needs additional intake of vitamins and trace elements. Vitamins in hepatitis C contribute to the restoration of liver function, accelerate cellular regeneration, improve metabolism. The most important for the liver are folic acid, vitamins of group B, and also C, A, E and trace elements of zinc and selenium.
Hepatitis C is not a sentence. Today there are medicines that completely suppress the development of the virus. To reduce the load on the liver, it is necessary to monitor the nutrition, use the means to improve the gland's work, avoid physical and emotional excessive loads, increase immunity, and refrain from taking medications.
All this will help to shorten the duration of drug therapy and avoid the development of complications. These recommendations should be followed from the moment of suspicion of the presence of the hepatitis virus in the body until complete recovery. It should be remembered that it is impossible to cure hepatitis C alone with folk remedies, they only improve the liver and health in general for the duration of therapy.